Dallas
Buffalo
New England
KC

J

DBNYDP
05-11-2011, 11:49 PM
I thought Denver got great value.

Carter was a pretty great pick in my opinion, I had him as a solid 2nd rounder, and I think he can be a starting safety in this league with his versatility to do most anything you need a safety to do (zone/man/box).

Julius Thomas was a bit of a reach, but as far as upside goes he definitely has it. Needs to work a lot on blocking, but as far as receiving goes, he needs to work on route running and he might turn into one of the top pass catching TEs in the league. He has pretty good speed, great vertical ability, and some really soft hands, he should be a huge asset for Tebow.

Mike Mohammed is probably going to be a career backup and solid STer, but I still had him around a 5th round pick. He'll be a versatile backup guy for them, he could help out at the SAM and MIKE spot.

Virgil Green was arguably a 3rd round pick who went a lot later for an injury concern. He's going to be a H-Back for Denver, and he can definitely be a safety valve for Tim Tebow, while also being a decent blocker for that team.

Jeremy Beal was a guy most of us had in the 1st or 2nd round before the Senior Bowl/Combine started. Looks a lot faster on tape than on the field, so he might offer a lot for Denver. At the very least, he'll be a solid backup.

fenikz
05-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Arizona > all

4: Sam Acho
5: Anthony Sherman
6: Quan Sturdivant
6: David Carter
7: DeMarco Sampson

onejayhawk
05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Arizona > all

4: Sam Acho
5: Anthony Sherman
6: Quan Sturdivant
6: David Carter
7: DeMarco Sampson

That is good. I especially like Sturdivant and Acho might have snuck into round 2.

J

phlysac
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I agree that Arizona seemed to grab the most "familiar name" and "armchair draftnik ranked" players on day 3.

If this were a mock draft done on this forum a week before the draft Arizona would win hands down.

49ersfan_87
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I agree that Arizona seemed to grab the most "familiar name" and "armchair draftnik ranked" players on day 3.

If this were a mock draft done on this forum a week before the draft Arizona would win hands down.

How often do those kind of picks pan out anyways? It seems like every year a few well-known players fall and are called steals, then i never hear about them again.

ellsy82
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I vote Carolina:

Brandon Hogan, CB
Kealoha Pilares, WR
Lawrence Wilson, LB
Zach Williams, C
Lee Ziemba, T/G

You add that to Newton and the two stud DTs and that's a really fine draft. Well done, Marty.

Duffman57
05-12-2011, 03:26 PM
If your voting on a curve based on what picks they had, i'm not convinced that pick for pick, the Chargers didn't have the best Day 3, but again, no 4th or 5th round picks destroyed them. We got Todman and Schilling who will both be solid players and could potentially make and impact as backups and complimentary backs with Todmans return potential.

ellsy82
05-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll throw Cincy's draft in there for consideration:

Clint Boling, T
Robert Sands, S
Ryan Whalen, WR
Korey Lindsey, CB
Jay Finley, RB

onejayhawk
05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
If your voting on a curve based on what picks they had, i'm not convinced that pick for pick, the Chargers didn't have the best Day 3, but again, no 4th or 5th round picks destroyed them. We got Todman and Schilling who will both be solid players and could potentially make and impact as backups and complimentary backs with Todmans return potential.

The whole AFC West rocked day 3. I still like the Chiefs, but the Gabe Miller is a name few people know even now.

J