PDA

View Full Version : Jennings With 74 Tonne Chip On Shoulder!

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 11:11 AM
74th in the top 100? This is a joke. There was 14 other guys in front of him, i cant even think of 7!!

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, pretty bad. I don't think there is any way you can justifiably put him outside of the top 10 at his position

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I can only think of 6 and im being kind

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White ??
Reggie Wayne ??
DeSean Jackson ??

FlyingElvis
05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I can only think of 6 and im being kind

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White ??
Reggie Wayne ??
DeSean Jackson ??

14 is tough to come by, but it's a top 100 of 2010 list. Which means guys like Lloyd, Steve Johnson and Nicks have to be in the conversation, too. It's still amusing that he was ranked 21 by fans voting but 74 by the players. That has to sting. Jennings was the victim of anti-hype in 2010, though.

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I think I'd put him ahead of DeSean, otherwise that's pretty much spot on. There is no way he isn't top 7-8 at least.

FlyingElvis
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I think I'd put him ahead of DeSean, otherwise that's pretty much spot on. There is no way he isn't top 7-8 at least.

Purely at WR it's close, but I'd give the edge to DJax due to his return contributions. Though, tbh, I'm not sure what they included in the criteria for the show.

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 12:21 PM
14 is tough to come by, but it's a top 100 of 2010 list. Which means guys like Lloyd, Steve Johnson and Nicks have to be in the conversation, too. It's still amusing that he was ranked 21 by fans voting but 74 by the players. That has to sting. Jennings was the victim of anti-hype in 2010, though.

Thats the thing, though. The list is top 100 players from this past year(or at the very least its top 100 present players)...yet it seems quite a few of the players on this list are on there just for past production. How else does that explain McNabb on the list, etc? Also, Stevie Johnson won't be on it, since the Bills were already said to have 0 players make the top 100

FlyingElvis
05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Thats the thing, though. The list is top 100 players from this past year(or at the very least its top 100 present players)...yet it seems quite a few of the players on this list are on there just for past production. How else does that explain McNabb on the list, etc? Also, Stevie Johnson won't be on it, since the Bills were already said to have 0 players make the top 100

I forgot McNabb was on there. There's really no excuse for that. I guess the players are even more ignorant than the fans when it comes to their own game. lol

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I have no clue what criteria the players used. Sure seems like a mix of current production + a heavy dose of past production. They did put Bucs rookie WR Mike Williams on the list, so they did take current production into account. I just don't know what they are thinking regarding WR's though. I was surprised that 18 made the top 100 tbh. That's a very high number

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I wouldnt even put DJax in front of Jennings. Greg is tougher and better at going underneath. He is more of a no1 reciever.

Reggie Wayne is the benefactor of being Peytons no1 reciever.

Roddy White has had one year of being the only reciever in Atlanta. Matt Ryan had no one else to throw too.

Jennings has also had to compete in the best WR corps in the league which makes his numbers even more impressive.

FlyingElvis
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
DJax gets the benefit of the monster plays. 90+ yards on play one, walk-off PR TD . . . the highlight reel stuff will always win the players vote, right or wrong.

Then again, I'm probably biased a bit there b/c, even though I love Rodgers and watched as much Pack football as I could, I'm still getting much heavier doses of DJax b/c I live on the [NFC] East Coast.

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
But Jennings has had some monster games as well. Remember the three touchdowns vs 49ers and Vikings nevermind two in the superbowl.

I just dont get it.

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
As far as big plays go, Jennings is right there with DeSean. In fact, I think since 2008, nobody has more plays of 40 or more yards than Jennings. The main difference is obviously that DeSean can hurt you in other ways(PR/KR). It's close though. I also think Nicks is legit and will be in the top 5-7 conversation with another big year. I think he has it all

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
But dropped cathes and Injuries have hurt Nicks. He shouldnt be in front of Greg

cvv84
05-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Honestly, I don't get why people get so into rankings. He could've been number 101 and I could still care less. Still though I believe the Packers had the most players in their top 100 if that means anything to you. The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.

SuperPacker
05-16-2011, 04:26 PM
But it means something to the players and watching the interview Greg did with Nfl Network i thought he looked like he wanted to cry. He normally a very humble man but you could tell he wasnt happy.

BloodBrother
05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
That's not what I got. He seemed to just be laughing and having a good time. He did say he doesn't think there are 14 WR's better than him, and he's right

umphrey
05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Honestly, I don't get why people get so into rankings. He could've been number 101 and I could still care less. Still though I believe the Packers had the most players in their top 100 if that means anything to you. The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.

So since you could care less that means you cared at least a little bit?

cvv84
05-16-2011, 08:24 PM

Rinse and repeat.

The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.

gpngc
05-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Jennings scored two more TDs in the Super Bowl than any of the 6 receivers ranked in front of him.

prock
05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt even put DJax in front of Jennings. Greg is tougher and better at going underneath. He is more of a no1 reciever.

Reggie Wayne is the benefactor of being Peytons no1 reciever.

Roddy White has had one year of being the only reciever in Atlanta. Matt Ryan had no one else to throw too.

Jennings has also had to compete in the best WR corps in the league which makes his numbers even more impressive.

Reggie Wayne is a Peyton benefactor, but I could say the exact same thing about Jennings and any QB he has ever had in GB.
And Roddy White was the only receiver and still put up numbers with everyone knowing he was getting the ball.
And Green Bay's receiving corps is not the best in the league.

J-Mike88
05-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I follow that..... I always say that too.

He meant he really couldn't care less. Because he cares very little as it is.
Right cvv?

I agree with him too.... these rankings are mostly bullschit and meaningless.
We all know how important and great Jennings is.

Poll the Steelers CBs and safeties.

someone447
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
And Green Bay's receiving corps is not the best in the league.

Who has a better receiving corps? Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley? I don't see a team that tops that.

FlyingElvis
05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah, there's now way to even argue the Pack out of the top 5. NO, Dallas, GBay, Philly & Indy in whatever order the homer or hater in you prefers. NYG is close but Boss isn't boss at all.

Saints-Tigers
05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Roddy White is better by a pretty solid margin.

BloodBrother
05-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Agreed. Also agreed that Wayne is a benefactor of Peyton and Jennings benefits as well. Both guys are still really good and you can't argue the production. Their situations help them, but as far as production goes it's impossible to not have Jennings inside the top 10

SuperPacker
05-17-2011, 10:41 AM
But jennings doesnt benefit because ARod spreads the ball around. He normally throws to 6-8 different recievers. He doesnt look at what Jennings is doing he looks at who is open.

cvv84
05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I follow that..... I always say that too.

He meant he really couldn't care less. Because he cares very little as it is.
Right cvv?

I agree with him too.... these rankings are mostly bullschit and meaningless.
We all know how important and great Jennings is.

Poll the Steelers CBs and safeties.

Pretty much, the only thing I really care about is winning. If someone says someone is better than someone else so be it. I'd rather have a bunch of very good players than a few really great ones. I feel like we have some top 10 and even top 5 players at their position on our team, but thats my opinion, just like this top 100 thing is theirs. No biggie