PDA

View Full Version : 5/17 Pod - NFC North & East Review + Prince Amukamara

Scott Wright
05-16-2011, 07:11 PM
We will be taping a new podcast on Tuesday, May 17th at 8:00pm EST.

In this show we will review the NFC East and NFC North and also be joined by special guests Prince Amukamara of the New York Giants, who was the 19th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-17-2011, 06:49 AM
We will be taping a new podcast on Tuesday, May 17th at 8:00pm EST.

In this show we will review the NFC East and NFC North and also be joined by special guest Prince Amukamara, who was a 1st Round pick of the New York Giants in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

Great value for us! Seems like we been getting a lot of props by this pick in the media in regards to post draft grades and analysis.

Nebula
05-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Prince is way underrated.

The man has tremendous instincts and terrific route recognition in off-coverage. He may have had 0 interceptions last year, but the man is going to be a playmaker in the NFL.

Iamcanadian
05-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, I watched him workout at the combine with Deion Sanders critiquing him, and Sanders didn't like his knee bend, he played way too high for Sanders liking. Add in the fact that he had zero interceptions his final college season even in games where they attacked him through the air and I had him in the 17-25 group. I expected he might go higher in this exceptionally weak CB class and the fact he didn't doesn't suggest he was undervalued on draft day. I'd say he went just where he deserved to go.
That being said, I personally like his character and makeup and think he will have a good career.

Shane P. Hallam
05-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, I watched him workout at the combine with Deion Sanders critiquing him, and Sanders didn't like his knee bend, he played way too high for Sanders liking. Add in the fact that he had zero interceptions his final college season even in games where they attacked him through the air and I had him in the 17-25 group. I expected he might go higher in this exceptionally weak CB class and the fact he didn't doesn't suggest he was undervalued on draft day. I'd say he went just where he deserved to go.
That being said, I personally like his character and makeup and think he will have a good career.

Deion Sanders liked about two corners at the Combine...

PossibleCabbage
05-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Scott, about D.J. Smith ILB, Packers you said: "They have some uncertainty there with both A.J. Hawk and Nick Barnett, we don't know what their future is with the organization."

A.J. Hawk signed a five year extension in March, and the guy who replaced Nick Barnett as starter (Desmond Bishop) signed a four year extension in January. There's very little uncertainty at ILB in Green Bay except "will Barnett be cut, traded, or renegotiate for a lower (i.e. non-starter) salary?"

D.J. Smith was pretty much drafted by the Packers to play special teams.

GaMeTiMe
05-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Love the podcasts, but the opening music is always almost too painful...

akvikefan89
05-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Well... glad I listened to that only to have the Vikings skipped at the end... maybe could have included a note in the description of that podcast...

Shane P. Hallam
05-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry ak! At least we'll get Ponder on next week for you to listen to :)

Iamcanadian
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Deion Sanders liked about two corners at the Combine...

Well the general concensus was that the CB class stunk after Peterson so I'm not surprised.

Shane P. Hallam
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Well the general concensus was that the CB class stunk after Peterson so I'm not surprised.

I can't say I ever heard that...

Rosebud
05-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I can't say I ever heard that...

Really? I've read Iamcanadian say that at least 2 or 3 times...

akvikefan89
05-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Sorry ak! At least we'll get Ponder on next week for you to listen to :)

Looking forward to it. :)

prock
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol... What general consensus?

PossibleCabbage
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Lol... What general consensus?

Well, Mayock didn't like it, so that's like a consensus.

The thing with the CB class after Peterson and Amukamara, I think, is the same problem as we had with the QB class: there weren't any clean prospects. Everybody had a reason to dislike him. That's not to say there weren't a lot of reasons to like these guys, but if you go down the list with the CBs after the top tier you could pretty much make one check mark next to at least one of: "character", "durability" "size", "level of competition", "lacks necessary athleticism", "tape not good" etc. for each of them.