PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

RaiderNation
03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
he was released by the texans today. i hope we sign him soon so we dont let him go like we did with garcia

raidersfanxxx
03-23-2007, 05:54 PM
get him and do it fast...carr, russell, and walter sounds like a solid group.

Stash
03-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I would want him to sign with us, but the question is does Carr want to sign with us. He has played his whole career getting beat up behind a bad o-line on a bad team. It wouldn't surprise me if he signed with a team that could put him in a positive situation.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-23-2007, 10:41 PM
It depends on the contract size hes offered by Oakland i think.

TRJ997
03-24-2007, 09:54 AM

Good point. He may be willing to take a little less to sign with a contender, but money talks.

If Oakland doesn't sign him, does that basically guarantee that JR is the #1 pick? What other routes could they take?

portermvp84
03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
We need at least three QB's pn the active roster and we only have one. So no matter what were gonna sign somebody it might be Carr. BUt that also means theres one hell of a chance were still going to take JR number 1.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-24-2007, 02:03 PM

This.

The kind of contract Oakland gives Carr is going to tell us what they think of him and whether Russell is still a strong possibility.

Stash
03-24-2007, 04:12 PM
We need at least three QB's pn the active roster and we only have one. So no matter what were gonna sign somebody it might be Carr. BUt that also means theres one hell of a chance were still going to take JR number 1.

I'm pretty sure we have 2 QB's now because we signed Booty the other day.

Only1pickJamarcusRusell
03-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Carr blows, the Raiders know that, if they don't, then we are in deep ****. They will be looking at Carr to caddy for a QB, Car will be looking to start, he's already said he doesn't want to go to a team drafting a QB @1 as his replacement.

Simple really, the Raiders now have two QB's, if they get Carr he'll start and is seen as the future if not, the Raiders are taking JR or BQ.

TRJ997
03-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I've been thinking lately . . . how much of an upgrade is Carr over Walter? Maybe a little. Unless Oakland feels differently and thinks Carr would be significantly more effective, I don't think they will go after him and still draft JR #1. If the Raiders want JR to hold a clipboard for a year, it will be behind Walter probably. If they sign Carr to a sizeable deal (which Carr will be looking for), I think they draft CJ #1, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Either way, the Raiders should have made a play for Garcia, an old, somewhat effective QB.

They may still take JR if they can sign Carr or Culpepper for a very friendly deal.

portermvp84
03-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure we have 2 QB's now because we signed Booty the other day.

Yeah but Booty is also a practice squader.

NotoRussell
03-27-2007, 05:07 AM
i would like the singing of carr, so we can take CJ in draft

Severe Punishment
03-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Found this information and though you Raider faithful would be
interested.
"Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said the Raiders have spoken with representatives for unrestricted free agent quarterback, David Carr according to the Oakland Tribune. Kiffin was an offensive coach for two seasons at Fresno State while Carr was with the Bulldogs."

If Carr signs with the Black and Silver...how far does the odds drop that
they go QB round 1 ?

slightlyaraiderfan
03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
interested.
"Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said the Raiders have spoken with representatives for unrestricted free agent quarterback, David Carr according to the Oakland Tribune. Kiffin was an offensive coach for two seasons at Fresno State while Carr was with the Bulldogs."

they go QB round 1 ?
That must be recent, I havnen't seen any kind of interest for Carr yet.

I don't know if it drops the QB need, we had interest in Schaub, which I assume was for Schaub our QB of the future...I don't know if they have the same kind of interest in Carr.

Komp
03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
It's on NFL Network now too....they said Carr was contacted by Kiffin, but there hasn't been much else to show for it.

Carr is only 2 years older than Schaub is. So I don't think age would have anything to do with him being the QB of the future or not, especially in relation to Schaub.

locseti
03-31-2007, 12:27 AM
interested.

they go QB round 1 ?

It's Silver and Black

I have a feeling that this is going to happen. He has shined at times, (especially against the Raiders) and has some experience under his belt. His arm is also strong enough to suit Al, and we will be able to draft CJ, Al's freakish athlete of choice. Think,

QB - Carr
RB - Jordan/Rhodes/Griffith
WR - CJ/Porter/Moss
TE - Stewart???

Imagine if that unit could gel and we draft some solid olinemen

RaiderNation
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
It's Silver and Black

I have a feeling that this is going to happen. He has shined at times, (especially against the Raiders) and has some experience under his belt. His arm is also strong enough to suit Al, and we will be able to draft CJ, Al's freakish athlete of choice. Think,

QB - Carr
RB - Jordan/Rhodes/Griffith
WR - CJ/Porter/Moss
TE - Stewart???

Imagine if that unit could gel and we draft some solid olinemen

wheres curry? i think the only way we are gettn cj is if we get rid of one of our wrs.

locseti
03-31-2007, 12:42 AM
ya how did I leave out Curry?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locseti
03-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Ya, Alvis WHitted.

dd_dpa
03-31-2007, 04:07 PM
why do alot of you think David Carr is bad? Just because he was on his back so much in Houston? He's a good QB IMO just needs a good OL a decent RB and some targets that can catch ( not just 1 person Andre Johnson ) I would like to see him go to the Raiders and I'm not even a Raiders far... but hes far better than what they've had sine Rich Gannon.

Komp
03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
that is an awesome sig locseti....very original...

locseti
04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
that is an awesome sig locseti....very original...

Thanks, wish I was the one that made it though.