PDA

View Full Version : Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

no bare feet
05-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Can Casey follow up on last year's studly performance? 70 tackles, 6 INTs, 17 PDs/ 11 PBUs. A sound tackler who excells in both zone and press coverage. Has ideal height, long rangey physique. The previous year he had 8.5 tackles for loss. Is he a guy that converts to S? Nickle CB only?

If he follows up on last years performance with a year that delivers similiar tape, can he end up being a 2nd rounder, maybe a first.

CashmoneyDrew
05-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't know much about him yet but Vandy has been pretty decent at putting DBs in the NFL all things considered.

K Train
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
DJ moore is the only one i can think of in the last few years

Hines
05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
With his size, production, and position, I'm not sure how he is not ranked higher. He could be a real underrated player. I've seen him listed in the 4.5s with his speed. I'll be watching out for him this season.

tjsunstein
05-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know much about him yet but Vandy has been pretty decent at putting DBs in the NFL all things considered.
Myron Lewis and DJ Moore?

TitanHope
05-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Myron Lewis and DJ Moore?

After the conversion rate, Moore and Lewis are like ten 1st Rounders for Vandy.

CashmoneyDrew
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure they've put others in recently as well. Meh, maybe I just had delusions of grandeur. 3 DBs in like 4 years for Vandy is pretty good for them.

Oh and I know Corey Chavous played for Vandy. :D

no bare feet
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Casey Hayward is playing like one of the best corners in the country. A very fluid athlete, great hips and has excellent recognition skills.

He will be a first rounder.

Big Bird
09-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Casey Hayward is playing like one of the best corners in the country. A very fluid athlete, great hips and has excellent recognition skills.

He will be a first rounder.
That whole Vandy secondary looked pretty good the whole game. Though a lot of people will attempt to rip Garcia for forcing passes, it was either that or take a sack on the most of those plays. He simply had no options because the Vandy secondary blanketed the SC receivers.

CashmoneyDrew
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Lock for the Bears.

Big Bird
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Lock for the Bears.
If the Bears had any brains at all, they would start protecting their quarterback...

rawdawg
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Lock for the Bears.

Guessing this is because the Bears had almost every Vandy player in the league on their roster last year. But Hayward is actually a really good fit for the Bears defense. He excels in zone coverage and really attacks the ball in the air.

VUBlacknGold
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Only thing is Hayward isnt really physical, he gets pushed around by some bigger receivers but i love him and trey wilsons game, very aggressive while eddie foster is a perfect speedy slot type of guy. Im glad Sean Richardson got his first career interception as well as marve and Marshall/Ladder hold up the FS spot very well.

if only we had an offense....sigh

DeepThreat
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Mayock has Hayward as his No. 4 CB.

regoob2
04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
He's a good football player but he's good and not great at everything. He's also way to aggressive at times. He checked out bigger then I thought he would be. He's a real gamer and seems like he'll be a great locker room guy. I really liked his attitude at the combine.

descendency
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
This guy made second team all-SEC despite the SEC being literally LOADED with DBs.

My point is that this kid could be a stud that just doesn't look like it on tape always. Pretty much everyone has him a little under-rated (including myself).

no bare feet
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
*He should have been a first rounder.

princefielder28
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
in my final rankings I had Casey as the #2 CB, i still feel pretty comfortable with that evaluation

rawdawg
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
On draft day, I was hoping the Bears draft would look a lot like the Packers did. Wanted Perry over McClellin. Wanted Hayward over Jeffery. Turns out I was wrong on both. McClellin has been better than Perry. And while Hayward has been very good, it turned out that CB wasn't that big of a need with Tillman and Jennings being 2 of the top 5 CBs in the NFL so far this year. DJ Moore and Kelvin Hayden also have looked pretty good.