PDA

View Full Version : Coples in Trouble with the NCAA?

SchizophrenicBatman
05-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Sounds weak but you'd think he'd have learned after what went down at Chapel Hill last year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6567611

CashmoneyDrew
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Free food and drink? lulz

I guess every NCAA athlete is probably ineligible then. Why do we even need the NCAA at this point?

MI_Buckeye
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Doesn't the NCAA realize it is causing more problems than it is preventing at this point. The whole USC, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, North Carolina and Ohio State fiascos are caused by senseless regulation that don't prevent any actual harm and don't give anyone a competitive advantage.

I am getting sick and tired in recent years of the NCAA getting all high and mighty, when all they are really doing is trying to keep in place a system of indentured servitude. The NCAA and it partner schools make billions exploiting these kids' talents, but the kids doing the actual work get a free dinner out of it, and all of the sudden they are out of line?

I know anti-NCAA rants have just about become pastiche at this point, but there really should be more outrage pointed in their direction. Too often the discussion becomes about how immature and naive the kids are when the real villains are the ones making the rules.