PDA

View Full Version : Unsigned 2011 Draftees

Duffman57
05-20-2011, 01:19 PM
So lets say that there is a lockout and this year doesn't happen (god i hpe not), but lets say it happens and the lockout ends after the season, does that technically mean that the players who did not want to go to the team they were drafted by, could technically just re-enter the draft and get drafted by a new team?????? I just thought of this, and that would SUCK for some of the lesser teams of the league.

shylo3716
05-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Good f*cking question, but I only believe underclassmen would only be able to do it.

PossibleCabbage
05-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I believe the "sit out a year and go back in the draft" is specified in the (now-expired) collective bargaining agreement. When we get another collective bargaining agreement, if it needs to be, the fate of the 2011 draftees will be specifically addressed. I sincerely doubt that they would go the "put them back in the draft" route.

MaxV
05-20-2011, 04:31 PM
2012 would be a HECK of a class if these guys were to reenter.

edgrenade
05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
They would play in the UFL, then join the teams next year as free agents

PossibleCabbage
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
The status of the 2011 draftees, if the 2011 season is missed, will be determined in the next CBA. It is impossible to know what will happen to their rights at this point. It is unreasonable to assume that the NFL will agree to anything happening to the 2011 draftees that severely disadvantage NFL teams such as "putting them back in the talent pool" or "allowing them to sign wherever they want as free agents."

A new CBA will come with a draft, and it won't invalidate the previous draft.