PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper 2012 Big Board

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
If you have ESPN Insider can you please copy and paste his Big Board I along with others will greatly appreciate it.

SickwithIt1010
05-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Dont think thats allowed my man, just FYI.

keylime_5
05-21-2011, 01:57 PM
it was on sportscenter yesterday, his top ten were anyways. I know the names on it but I can't remember the specific order. This might be it:

1-Andrew Luck
2-Quinton Coples
3-Matt Kalil
4-Alshon Jefferey
5-Matt Barkley
6-Justin Blackmon
7-Jonathan Martin
8-Jerel Worthy
9-Dre Kirkpatrick
10-Landry Jones

PossibleCabbage
05-21-2011, 02:06 PM
it was on sportscenter yesterday, his top ten were anyways. I know the names on it but I can't remember the specific order. Andrew Luck, Quinton Coples, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Barkley, Matt Kalil, Landry Jones, Jonathan Martin, Jerel Worthy, Dre Kirkpatrick, & Justin Blackmon in an order similar to that.

I had Sportscenter TiVo'd and I just went and checked. The order of the top 10 was

1)Andrew Luck
2)Quinton Coples
3)Matt Kalil
4)Alshon Jeffery
5)Matt Barkley
6)Jonathan Martin
7)Justin Blackmon
8)Jerel Worthy
9)Dre Kirkpatrick
10)Landry Jones.

As for the top 25, he's got four linebackers in it... which seems to be one of those historic things where we overrate LBs going into the season relative to their draft status coming out of the season (IIRC before the 2008 season, Scott had Ray Maualuga going #1 or #2 overall in one of his very early 2009 mocks).

Halsey
05-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Where does UNC keep pulling these highly regarded defensive prospects from? Are they using hax?

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 02:34 PM
i see nowhere that this list was linked that isn't an insider article. either provide sources, or stop posting it.

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Jayron Hosley is an intriguing prospect, but ahead of Gilmore......C'mon Man!

Big Bird
05-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick is, at worst, Charles Woodson. The only problem he has right now is that he is so active and is so physical, he gets himself out of position sometimes. The catches made against him, are always really good catches where Dre is right there in coverage.

Let's also not forget he is strong against the run and blitzes well. Like I said, like Woodson, he can get himself a bit out of position with how physical he is, but is a freak physically and generally glue in coverage.

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick is, at worst, Charles Woodson. The only problem he has right now is that he is so active and is so physical, he gets himself out of position sometimes. The catches made against him, are always really good catches where Dre is right there in coverage.

Let's also not forget he is strong against the run and blitzes well. Like I said, like Woodson, he can get himself a bit out of position with how physical he is, but is a freak physically and generally glue in coverage.

I thought PP best comparison was Woodson, so how would that be the case for Kirkpatrick too?

PossibleCabbage
05-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick is, at worst, Charles Woodson

Why must we compare college kids to guys who have put together probable hall of fame credentials (Seven pro bowls, six time all-pro, DPotY, DRotY, two superbowls, one ring)? Especially when we say that a guy's floor is hall of fame calibre?

Dre Kirkpatrick is, at worst, out of the league before the end of his rookie contract... just like every other prospect.

Big Bird
05-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I thought PP best comparison was Woodson, so how would that be the case for Kirkpatrick too?
Maybe you're comparison was wrong? Or maybe Kirkpatrick is a similar player as well?

Maybe you should try watching him sometime...

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm really surprised Gilmore is the 4th CB on his BB

Caulibflower
05-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Barkley is way overrated. He's just got that 1st-round smile.

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Didn't Cam? It was to die for LOL

PossibleCabbage
05-21-2011, 10:35 PM

Is "nice smile" an intangible, or can you measure that somehow?

dannyz
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Didn't Cam? It was to die for LOL

Cam's Smile is like a "I am going to Cheat you out of all your Money" Smile.

shylo3716
05-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Cam's Smile is like a "I am going to Cheat you out of all your Money" Smile.

HAHAHA Good thing JaMarcus Russell never smiled

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 12:21 AM
I know Mark Barron did not play well this past season, but it's a little strange to see Armstrong at #18 as the only Safety prospect and no Barron.

bucfan12
05-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Don't really pay much attention to mel kiper. I honestly don't know what he sees when he grades prospects. Sometimes he's right, but Mayock is the best one out there.

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't really pay much attention to mel kiper. I honestly don't know what he sees when he grades prospects. Sometimes he's right, but Mayock is the best one out there.

Does he have a BB out yet?

bucfan12
05-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Does he have a BB out yet?

No he does not and probably won't release anything on next years class until the fall.

So many things change from now until next year. I mean, seriously, Adrian Clayborn was a projected top 5-10 pick at this time last year, and he was at 20. Locker was considered the top pick and he didn't go that far and now most think the titans reached taking him at 8.

It's cool to look at what Mel sees as of now, but it's somewhat too early to buy into things.

PossibleCabbage
05-22-2011, 12:37 PM
It's cool to look at what Mel sees as of now, but it's somewhat too early to buy into things.

The primary value of these things is to save them so you can snicker about them next March. I know I always save the mock draft that McShay produces in May after every draft (The funny thing is though, that he probably got the #1 pick right this time.)

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 01:28 PM
No he does not and probably won't release anything on next years class until the fall.

So many things change from now until next year. I mean, seriously, Adrian Clayborn was a projected top 5-10 pick at this time last year, and he was at 20. Locker was considered the top pick and he didn't go that far and now most think the titans reached taking him at 8.

I can't wait until E.J. cracks his Top 25, because there will be many who scratch their foreheads.

SickwithIt1010
05-22-2011, 01:59 PM

And 1st round talent....

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 05:45 PM

If he is overrated, lack of t.v. exposure won't hurt him at all, because people outside the Pac-12 area can't critique him really.

GaMeTiMe
05-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not especially high on Barkley but we can't forget his best season may be yet to come. If he develops as expected this year his stock will probably be better than Gabbert's was.

keylime_5
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
barkley has potentially 2 more whole seasons of college football ahead of him. for a true sophomore he did pretty well last year. his physical tools aren't elite, so he has to turn into a lights out all-american type to warrant being deemed a franchise QB at the next level as a draft prospect. there were a couple games last year where he really flashed that potential. I think he'll leave USC being a better prospect than Mark Sanchez was.

Halsey
05-23-2011, 12:41 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Mark Ingram does as a rookie, because that might affect Trent Richardson's stock. If Mark Ingram doesn't play well, that will be two Bama RBs in a row, Glen Coffee being the other, who haven't played up to their college performances.

AntoinCD
05-23-2011, 04:34 AM
I think Richardson will grade out as a better prospect than both. I dont buy the talk he will be a top 10 pick that I've been seeing but I think his game translates better into today's NFL than Ingram's does.

K Train
05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
i love hosley and minnifield....but both over alfonzo dennard? disagreed

shylo3716
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
i love hosley and minnifield....but both over alfonzo dennard? disagreed

Hosley was a force in that Tech secondary, but over Gilmore! It has to be, because he made more plays on the ball this past season.

descendency
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Where does UNC keep pulling these highly regarded defensive prospects from? Are they using hax?

Butch Davis learned how to pay players and allow them to do whatever they want in school when he was at Miami. It's a big recruiting tool. That and their campus is basically an agent cesspool disguised as a coaching scheme.

Basically, if you have talent, they tell you to come play for them and they will guarantee that you maximize your NFL chances because they provide the best "services" of any college. They're still working on booster support for pay though.

10-Landry Jones

He's going to fall so hard. He's not accurate with the ball and still has significant development to go through. I still think he's going to go first round, but he's closer to top 25 than top 10.

I'm not especially high on Barkley but we can't forget his best season may be yet to come. If he develops as expected this year his stock will probably be better than Gabbert's was.

Barkley is essentially in the same boat Gabbert was when he declared, except Barkley couldn't declare.

It'll be interesting to see how Mark Ingram does as a rookie, because that might affect Trent Richardson's stock. If Mark Ingram doesn't play well, that will be two Bama RBs in a row, Glen Coffee being the other, who haven't played up to their college performances.

Richardson and Ingram were significantly better players than Coffee was in college and Coffee fell out of love with the game well before he got to the NFL. He just didn't want it.

shylo3716
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Richardson and Ingram were significantly better players than Coffee was in college and Coffee fell out of love with the game well before he got to the NFL. He just didn't want it.

The question is will he crack the Top 10 of the draft? I believe we did not have a RB to crack it the last past 2 drafts.

descendency
05-23-2011, 05:59 PM
The question is will he crack the Top 10 of the draft? I believe we did not have a RB to crack it the last past 2 drafts.

CJ Spiller.

There is always someone dumb enough to take a RB top 10. He was a better back than Ingram at Alabama last year and will have an extra year under his belt this year. I think he's top 10 material.

shylo3716
05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
CJ Spiller.

There is always someone dumb enough to take a RB top 10. He was a better back than Ingram at Alabama last year and will have an extra year under his belt this year. I think he's top 10 material.

Good call I was not sure about Spiller I thought he was right outside the Top 10 but #9 is pretty damn close to not making it.

I think once teams & scouts really get a chance to see Lamar Miller breakout he will climb heavily up the BBs. I for 1 think he can beat out Richardson for the #1 RB spot.

SativaDominant
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM

Note what you said there...the "best" comparison for PP. Really, there is no comparison for PP, because a player with that type of size/speed/athleticism has never come along at the position before. He's the Calvin Johnson of CB prospects.

As far as the Woodson comparisons go, it's because some people think PP's best role would be as a guy you can get creative with and move around...as a nickle/rover in multiple DB packages, a FS lined up against slot receivers in base sets, or an outside CB against bigger WRs. He's incredibly versatile.

FUNBUNCHER
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I think Richardson will grade out as a better prospect than both. I dont buy the talk he will be a top 10 pick that I've been seeing but I think his game translates better into today's NFL than Ingram's does.

I seriously question whether Trent Richardson will even be the best RB in the SEC next season. Doesn't mean he isn't good, just that there are several stud RB prospects currently playing in the SEC.

I expect to see a 1500+ yard season out of Trent this season, with the amount of hype he's been getting since he signed with the Tide two years ago.

descendency
05-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Good call I was not sure about Spiller I thought he was right outside the Top 10 but #9 is pretty damn close to not making it.

I think once teams & scouts really get a chance to see Lamar Miller breakout he will climb heavily up the BBs. I for 1 think he can beat out Richardson for the #1 RB spot.

Miller would have to make a pretty big jump. I guess it matters what kind of team you have and what kind of running style you want, but Richardson has size and speed. His all around skills are really good. Just my opinion, but Richardson was the best running back in college football in terms of NFL futures.

shylo3716
05-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Miller would have to make a pretty big jump. I guess it matters what kind of team you have and what kind of running style you want, but Richardson has size and speed. His all around skills are really good. Just my opinion, but Richardson was the best running back in college football in terms of NFL futures.

If you have not seen any of Lamar, he will make []_ _[] a believer.