PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NHL Draft Thread

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Saw that we didn't have a thread for this so I thought we could use one.

Hines
05-23-2011, 01:22 AM
I can't wait!!

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
I would guess the Oilers are going to go with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Gives them a very nice nucleus of young talent on offense with Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Ales Hemsky, and Magnus Paarjarvi. They need their defensive prospects such as Petry, Marincin, or Plante to develop and man the blueline along with Ryan Whitney. I wonder if they are still sold on Devan Dubanyk as being the goaltender of the future? He is just 24, had a solid GAA of 2.71, a .916 save percentage, and won 12 games on a last place team while splitting time with Khabibulin. He looks like he can be the guy, at least until Oliver Roy is ready to step into the fold.

Where does Colorado go with pick #2? I think they take Gabriel Landeskog, they need someone who can put the puck in the net and I think Landeskog is the best scorer after Nugent-Hokpins.

SuperMcGee
05-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Kind of wanting Zack Phillips right now.

Bosanac01
05-29-2011, 11:37 PM
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I like this site but **** them for not still having the Thrashers on there. How rude!!

Hines
05-30-2011, 06:41 AM
For the Pens, I want JT Miller, Brandon Saad, Zach Phillips, Joe Morrow, Tyler Biggs, and Matt Puempel. There's a few more, but I do not remember.

TimD
05-30-2011, 07:09 AM
are there any solid goaltender prospects? the wings may look to one since mccollum looks like hes going to amount to nothing

Hines
05-30-2011, 07:52 AM
are there any solid goaltender prospects? the wings may look to one since mccollum looks like hes going to amount to nothing

John Gibson. He's from Pittsburgh, played on the USA team, and is said to be the top goaltender this year.

SuperMcGee
05-30-2011, 01:49 PM
For the Pens, I want JT Miller, Brandon Saad, Zach Phillips, Joe Morrow, Tyler Biggs, and Matt Puempel. There's a few more, but I do not remember.

No Phillips for you! You have enough Sea Dog secksiness with Despres.

Hines
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
No Phillips for you! You have enough Sea Dog secksiness with Despres.

I wonder why Phillips hasn't been talked about more. From what I have read and seen, he's big, fast, great hands, solid two way guy, team leader, smart, etc. Is it because he doesn't have the "wow" factor?

yo123
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Possibilities for the Wild? Maybe someone who can put the puck in the net?

SuperMcGee
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I wonder why Phillips hasn't been talked about more. From what I have read and seen, he's big, fast, great hands, solid two way guy, team leader, smart, etc. Is it because he doesn't have the "wow" factor?

I really don't mind his game, at all. His value is good right around your pick. But he plays with Huberdeau (and other very good players), which will both overshadow him and bring up some questions. And they're somewhat warranted, he tries to force some stuff on a good team and doesn't always stand out. But I'm still a big fan of his sense and hands.

And when you play with people that good in juniors, not being a great skater and not having a "wow" factor is a big concern. You see it a lot.

roughrider30
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I was thinking about going to this. Has anyone been to one? Worth seeing live?

nepg
05-30-2011, 11:07 PM
All live hockey is worth seeing. Best live sport - by far.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM

http://www.finhockey.fi/mp/db/tiedotteet/foo/IMG/474910/kuva0_suuri/947968
Samu Perhonen

6'3/174 from JYP Jr. A team in Finland. He is a butterfly style goalie that struggled a bit at the WJC, but put up solid numbers in the Jr. A SM-liiga where his team captured the league title. He was just transfered to the D Team in the league Finland2. Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but I see Perhonen as one of the top goalie prospects for this years draft.

roughrider30
05-31-2011, 12:21 AM
All live hockey is worth seeing. Best live sport - by far.

I agree with this 100%, but I'm not sure how much live hockey will be played at the draft....

fenikz
05-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Coyotes need to take the best forward available our defensemen are set for decades

Verloren
05-31-2011, 02:20 AM
I agree with this 100%, but I'm not sure how much live hockey will be played at the draft....

I don't see much point in going to these. Prospects camp/training sessions sure, but not a draft. My friend was bored out of his mind when he went to one.

SuperMcGee
05-31-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't see much point in going to these. Prospects camp/training sessions sure, but not a draft. My friend was bored out of his mind when he went to one.

I can't wait for prospect camp!