PDA

View Full Version : Cordy Glenn

gucka111
05-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Hey,
I just realized today after seeing the page on senior prospects for 2012 that the dude living underneath me was Cordy Glenn. We've chilled a few times and he seems like a pretty good guy. What are his strengths and weaknesses as a prospect?

Halsey
05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
strengths: size, strength, no character questions(that I know of), experience vs top competition, might be able to play OT in the NFL if needed, I'm guessing he's a good athlete for a guard.

weaknesses: I don't know. He's a guard. How manyu areas can a successful guard be weak at. I don't watch interior lineman much. I'm sure a true scout could find weaknesses, but they probably don't stand out to the average observer.

Matthew Jones
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
He does a pretty good job of fulfilling his assignment but I didn't really see him driving anyone into the ground. Strength seems to be mirroring defenders in pass protection. He has good size for a guard and long arms...looks a little athletic but nothing that really stands out. Needs to improve blitz pickup/recognition especially, I have seen him standing around too often trying to figure out who he should be blocking. Could also work on his balance, I see him get knocked over too many times for someone his size. Doesn't play with a nasty demeanor.

cajuncorey
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
this dude reminds me of marcus cannon. a big guy that can move, preferably a guard but has the feet to play tackle

gucka111
06-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah he told me they are moving him to LT this year so we'll see if he has the feet to play at the premium oline position.

TACKLE
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't see what makes him that much better than a guy like Orlando Franklin. I don't see him as an OT prospect. Seems more like a mid 2-mid 3 type guy. I still can't figure out what somebody would see in him to rank him as the best senior prospect in college football. Great size, solid player but this isn't Andre Smith we're talking about here.

K Train
06-27-2011, 11:35 PM
i like him more than i did iupati, but i thought iupati was gonna be pretty terrible. i think he falls somewhere with mike pouncey and justin blalock as a guard prospect, cant really see him playing tackle

ellsy82
06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
As horrible as the Cyclones are, there weren't any games I watched other than the Cy-Hawk game. I didn't notice him making any big plays on the line, but then again, the Hawks pretty much shut down all phases of Iowa St's offense.

I'll need to see more games before I can comment...but he seems to me like the perfect candidate for right guard. Just from the comments and the few video clips I've seen, I think he's pretty scheme flexible. He should be able to help out even a zone-blocking team, despite his size. He looks that quick enough.

Woody56
06-28-2011, 02:19 PM
As horrible as the Cyclones are, there weren't any games I watched other than the Cy-Hawk game. I didn't notice him making any big plays on the line, but then again, the Hawks pretty much shut down all phases of Iowa St's offense.

I'll need to see more games before I can comment...but he seems to me like the perfect candidate for right guard. Just from the comments and the few video clips I've seen, I think he's pretty scheme flexible. He should be able to help out even a zone-blocking team, despite his size. He looks that quick enough.

Thats Kelechi Osemele, this is about Georgia G Cordy Glenn.

ellsy82
06-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Thats Kelechi Osemele, this is about Georgia G Cordy Glenn.

Bleh...Sorry...too many posts about offensive guards today.