PDA

View Full Version : Predict Free Agent & Trade Signings

FlyingElvis
05-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Offensive Skill Positions

Let's keep it to guys that are currently free agents and only those potential trade bait players that are widely predicted to be on the market for trade. I have also tried to limit it to relevant players with decent success, as nobody really gives a rat's ass where Billy Volek or Drew Stanton will land.

As a starting point, let's go with the guys listed below. Please let me know if I miss someone obvious and I'll edit their name in or if I have someone listed that signed long term already.

QB:
Matt Hasslebeck
Kevin Kolb
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Orton
Carson Palmer
Vince Young

HB:
Joseph Addai
Cedric Benson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Ronnie Brown
Michael Bush
Tim Hightower
Cadillac Williams
DeAngelo Williams

WR:
Steve Breaston
Braylon Edwards
Malcolm Floyd
Santonio Holmes
Vincent Jackson
James Jones
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Sidney Rice
Mike Sims-Walker
Steve Smith (CAR)
Steve Smith (NYG)

TE:
Kevin Boss
Zach Miller

I am working on similar threads for lineman and defensive players should this one prove to "have legs."

vidae
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM
god please no, no DWill in Denver. NO! Bad njx!

PackerLegend
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
What about Carson Palmer? He has said he either gets traded or he is going to retire.

FlyingElvis
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
What about Carson Palmer? He has said he either gets traded or he is going to retire.

Good catch. I'll add him now.

FlyingElvis
05-23-2011, 03:44 PM
QB:

Matt Hasslebeck – San Francisco – Inside the division could prove to be rough for the Seahawks if it truly leaves them with Whitehurst.

Kevin Kolb – Arizona – the taste of success and subsequent fall to irrelevance will loosen the purse–strings of the Bidwells.

Donovan McNabb – Minnesota – A move that gets ugly quick when McNabb continues his decline and Ponder takes over earlier than planned.

Kyle Orton – Miami – Probably the most underrated QB of the bunch. I hope I’m wrong about his landing spot, as the AFC East has already become a stronger division after draft day.

Carson Palmer – Seattle – Reunited with Coach Pete in a move that further reinforces my opinion that Pete is one of the worst personnel guys the NFL will ever see.

Vince Young – Washington – The rumors win me over, even though I think it’s a weird fit for a guy w/questionable work habits & leadership.

HB: – In general, I think RBs have seen dramatic drops in value and none of these guys will be seeing extensive courtships.

Joseph Addai – Indianapolis – He still should be the favorite to start, so why start over?

Cedric Benson –Denver – John Fox’s Broncos are constantly linked to DWill but Benson is just as solid an option and could cost less, has less miles, and is more of the bruiser they need.

Ahmad Bradshaw – New York Giants – Reports say he’ll resign and, even with his fumbilitis, he’s too valuable to the GMen to walk. Sleeper to San Diego if the price is right, though, as a replacement for Sproles.

Ronnie Brown – Miami – Another guy who will see the market is less than stellar for RBs, especially those w/red flags for injury. His play in the Wildcat bumps his value too much to let him walk.

Michael Bush – Oakland – High tenders make it clear they don’t want to lose him.

Tim Hightower – San Diego – A proven pass–catching / pass–blocking RB to fill the void left by Sproles and ensure they have “that guy” since Todman’s fit is questionable.

Cadillac Williams – St. Louis – Most recent rumors . . . and a nice fit for a team in dire need of a #2 for the best back in football.

DeAngelo Williams – Washington – Crazy? Probably. Snider loves to snatch up big name FAs but Shanny is king of the “stud–free” RBBC. The owner wins out b/c Shanny can’t argue with the talent and attitude of DWill.

This is more work than I thought. lol

phlysac
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
QB:

Matt Hasslebeck – San Francisco – Inside the division could prove to be rough for the Seahawks if it truly leaves them with Whitehurst.

Both Jim Harbaugh and Alex Smith are on record saying Alex Smith will be in San Francisco. Smith is leading all of the Player Organized Workouts in the South Bay Area. I doubt Hasslebeck would sign into that situation.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a Billy Volek or Drew Stanton-type to come in and compete with David Carr for the 3rd QB spot.

Splat
05-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm sure someone will give him a starting job or at least a chance at a starting job but if not I would like to see Matt Hasslebeck in KC in a back up role.

Monomach
05-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Both Jim Harbaugh and Alex Smith are on record saying Alex Smith will be in San Francisco. Smith is leading all of the Player Organized Workouts in the South Bay Area. I doubt Hasslebeck would sign into that situation.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a Billy Volek or Drew Stanton-type to come in and compete with David Carr for the 3rd QB spot.

Billy Volek is not competing for a third QB spot. Billy Volek could walk onto about 30 teams as the primary backup on day one.

phlysac
05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Billy Volek is not competing for a third QB spot. Billy Volek could walk onto about 30 teams as the primary backup on day one.

3rd as in 3rd QB on roster. I'd assume that Volek would have every opportunity to compete the backup spot with Carr and Kaepernick.

armageddon
05-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Cadillac Williams – St. Louis – Most recent rumors . . . and a nice fit for a team in dire need of a #2 for the best back in football.

no thanks

Monomach
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
3rd as in 3rd QB on roster. I'd assume that Volek would have every opportunity to compete the backup spot with Carr and Kaepernick.

Yeah, or...he could just not compete with the 49s collection of garbage and walk on to pretty much any team he wants as the backup without a competition...like I said.

If he signed with the Niners, he'd be the best QB on the roster. He'd probably win a fair competition to start there.

phlysac
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah, or...he could just not compete with the 49s collection of garbage and walk on to pretty much any team he wants as the backup without a competition...like I said.

If he signed with the Niners, he'd be the best QB on the roster. He'd probably win a fair competition to start there.

I think Billy Volek is a tremendous asset for any team. But to blindly believe that a 35 year old QB that hasn't started a game in over 6 seasons would be an instantr starter is asinine. He will go to any number of teams this offseason as a backup.

To "walk on to pretty much any team he wants... without competition" isn't what coaches and GMs want. They want competition, and I'm sure Volek would welcome it too. In fact, if he believes the 49ers QBs are as "garbage" as you do, then they are likely the top team on his list.

FUNBUNCHER
05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Sidney Rice signs with division rival the Chicago Bears and gives Cutler his big down the field target.

holt_bruce81
05-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I've been feeling Darren Sproles to the Rams ever since last year.

McBain
05-24-2011, 01:49 AM
jesus christ on a cross to the devils.

AntoinCD
05-24-2011, 02:50 AM
For the Pats

WR:

Steve Breaston-Would like
Braylon Edwards-Wouldn't want
Malcolm Floyd-Would like
Santonio Holmes-Would like
Vincent Jackson-Would like
James Jones-Would like
Randy Moss-Would probably take back
Terrell Owens-Wouldn't want
Sidney Rice-Would love
Mike Sims-Walker-Would like
Steve Smith (CAR)-Would like
Steve Smith (NYG)-Dont need

Any of the above mentioned plus Mathias Kiwanuka would make me a happy bunny

Splat
05-24-2011, 08:25 AM

I think Billy Volek is a tremendous asset for any team. But to blindly believe that a 35 year old QB that hasn't started a game in over 6 seasons would be an instant starter is asinine. He will go to any number of teams this offseason as a backup.

He said nothing about being an instant starter.

FlyingElvis
05-24-2011, 08:43 AM

no thanks
Caddy came on pretty strong but was held off by Blount. He's certainly better than any RB not named SJax on the Rams roster.

I've been feeling Darren Sproles to the Rams ever since last year.
He'd be a good compliment, that's for sure. The latest rumors have him to Cleveland.

Sidney Rice signs with division rival the Chicago Bears and gives Cutler his big down the field target.

Getting to the WRs today . . .

The rest of you can F-Off w/all your Volek talk. lol

phlysac
05-24-2011, 09:37 AM
He said nothing about being an instant starter.

Apologies. I didn't misquote him or take him out of context, most certainly. He said he would be the best QB and would "probably" win a competition to be starter. I assumed this "competition" would be offseason/preseason and if Volek won he would start week 1. Hence "instant starter."

King Carls 5 Year Plan
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
i see the Chiefs making a push for Steve Breaston. he's young and familiar with Haley. his most productive season came playing 3rd fiddle under Haley. the Chiefs should make a play for him as their new slot. it would be a good match for both.

FlyingElvis
05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
WR:

Steve Breaston – Kansas City – KC / NE both make a ton of sense and I have trouble convincing myself that Arizona will let him go but they do have a fair amount of young talent.

Braylon Edwards – New York Jets – I honestly have no idea where to put him. He doesn’t appear to have anyone courting him and he’s such a knucklehead it’s tough to predict where he will land. Leave him with the Jets at a discount b/c he wants to be in the big market and there won’t be a long line of teams after him.

Malcolm Floyd – San Diego – With VJax out (see below) the Chargers keep Floyd in the fold.

Santonio Holmes – New York Jets – He’s a beast and the Jets don’t mind paying. I envy their draft & FA style, honestly.

Vincent Jackson – Minnesota – The Vikings wanted him last year but AJ Smith is too stubborn and wouldn’t let go. This year will be a different story, as they are very unlikely to have the kick-in-the-nuts-cheap contract they had last year.

James Jones - Carolina – Nothing in the way of rumors that I’ve heard . . . anyone? . . . anyone? . . . Bueller? I’m going w/Carolina because they need someone to fill the void left by Steve Smith the 1st.

Randy Moss – St. Louis – The Rams wanted him last year and, with so many question marks at WR, still need the big play threat. I don’t know that Randy is the answer, but they’ll find out.

Terrell Owens – Chicago – The rumors say it and it’s a great fit. Cutlerceptions and TO dropsies . . . OMFG the pouting faces & dirty looks in the windy city will be epic this year.

Sidney Rice – Washington – Nothing points to this happening. Total shot in the dark, but the Skins need some help at WR. Regardless of how big a mancrush I have on Hankerson, I can still see the need.

Mike Sims–Walker – San Francisco – Crabtree has not been the epitome of dedication. Bringing in another WR is a must for SF, though I’m not sure MSW is really a threat to Crabtree’s spot

Steve Smith (CAR) – San Diego – Smith makes a nice replacement for VJax and helps keep the pressure off Floyd & Nannee for more development time.

Steve Smith (NYG) – New York Giants – He has proven to be too valuable for the Gmen to part ways with him.

TE:

Kevin Boss – New York Giants – Another guy who won’t see his door being knocked down by potential suitors.

Zach Miller – Oakland – The high tender makes it clear they’ll want him back, and nobody spends money like Al.

SativaDominant
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
suckers.

it's really the only reason i can guess at for us not having taken a RB in the draft. i have to imagine fox figured dengelo and knowshon would be a pretty good 1-2 at rb. but then, he's probably never seen moreno attempt to play rb.

Greg Cosell on Twitter: Moreno doesn't have those traits. Not fluid. He's a choppy frenetic runner w/limited lateral agility + change of direction.

Still don't understand how that guy was a first round pick. I've never seen so much wasted movement in a RB.

phlysac
05-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Mike Sims–Walker – San Francisco – Crabtree has not been the epitome of dedication. Bringing in another WR is a must for SF, though I’m not sure MSW is really a threat to Crabtree’s spot

I agree that someone needs to step up in the passing game. However, I'm unsure how Harbaugh wants to attack that dilemma.

The addition of Ronald Johnson seems to fit the WCO that Harbaugh runs. Josh Morgan could finally step up. He has been consistent but rarely explosive. Where do Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams fit?

The player that I think could be the receiving addition that the team needs in Delanie Walker. Harbaugh loves to utilize TEs and the combination of Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker could take advantage of mismatches.

The aerial attack of the 49ers is such an unknown entering the Harbaugh-era.

FlyingElvis
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I agree that someone needs to step up in the passing game. However, I'm unsure how Harbaugh wants to attack that dilemma.

The addition of Ronald Johnson seems to fit the WCO that Harbaugh runs. Josh Morgan could finally step up. He has been consistent but rarely explosive. Where do Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams fit?

The player that I think could be the receiving addition that the team needs in Delanie Walker. Harbaugh loves to utilize TEs and the combination of Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker could take advantage of mismatches.

The aerial attack of the 49ers is such an unknown entering the Harbaugh-era.

MSW is campaigning to get picked up by Miami and I almost put him there. SF seems like it'd be best served staying away from any questionable characters since they really need someone to push Crabtree in the right direction. Most of the guys on the WR FA list bring serious baggage.

MSW seems like the right fit b/c he [EDIT: SHOULDN'T] really take Crab's job but should prove to be enough of a threat to wake him up. I definitely agree that it's tough to predict the teams with new staff during the lockout.

49ersfan_87
05-24-2011, 01:24 PM

To be fair, Alex isn't going to be given the starting job. He has to compete for it, and Kaepernick is the only legitimate competition right now. Harbaugh's motto is that the QB position has to be earned, not given. So Alex is definitely competing with Kaepernick, but a rookie with limited knowledge isn't much of a challenge..which is why i suspect we will sign or trade for a QB and have a 3 way competition, at least in the initial stages of TC.

Personally, i'd love to swing a trade for Josh Johnson or maybe even Dennis Dixon if he's healthy and have an all-out competition for the job with Kaep and Smith. Assuming there's a 3 week TC and 2 game preseason, eliminate the worst performer in the 1st week, and have the top 2 compete until one shows they're better than the other.

BaLLiN
05-24-2011, 03:47 PM
i dont agree with the eagles getting Plaxico Burress, they helped Vick who had serious character problems, but Plax had one serious incident and otherwise he was just a minor problem (he got hot-headed earlier in his career with the giants).

I still think we resign him because our players and coaches are still close with him.

bucfan12
05-24-2011, 07:11 PM
QB
Matt Hasslebeck- Tennesee

Kevin Kolb- Arizona: Pretty much a done deal

Donovan McNabb- Minnesota: has history and familiarity with offense.

Kyle Orton- Stays in Denver. Elway is skeptical of handing Tebow the starting QB job and did not earn it at the end of last season.

Carson Palmer: Seattle: No way Brown risks losing Palmer for nothing in return. He can get a 3rd or 4th round pick from Seattle.

Vince Young: Washington: Shannahans tanking the season for Luck. All signs point to it.

HB
Joseph Addai: Colts.

Cedric Benson: Bengals- Seems to be on board with the staff.

Ahmad Bradshaw: Tampa Bay: Bucs need a 3rd down back and I think Caddy is looking to move on.

Ronnie Brown: Miami: They need two backs and he and Thomas would be a solid 1-2 punch.

Michael Bush: Oakland: Don't mess up a good 1-2 punch with him and McFadden

Tim Hightower: Jacksonville: Could be looking for a spell back to take some wear and tear of MJD.

Cadillac Williams: St Louis: Seems like the Rams are interested and would be a perfect 3rd down back for the Rams. Hate to see this but I think it's gonna happen.'

DeAngelo Williams: Washington: They need a back and will pay the price. They always do.

]WR
Steve Breaston: Stays in Arizona

Braylon Edwards: Oakland: I think he's a type of guy Al Davis will sign.

Malcolm Floyd: San Diego: Played well and is a solid #2 for the Chargers.

Santonio Holmes: Jets; Rex loves this guy and he is the Jets deep threat.

Vincent Jackson: Chargers: Was already franchised.

James Jones: Green Bay: Just because of the lockout, I think he'll stick around.

Randy Moss: Jets: Wants to win and the Jets will want to steal a threat from NE and give Sanchez another lethal target.

Terrell Owens: NOWHERE.

Sidney Rice: Minnesota: They need to help Ponder as much as possible in the long term and Rice is their best WR.

Mike Sims-Walker: Miami: I don't care what reports say in Miami, they need a solid 1 -2 Punch to help Henne as much as possible. This will do that.

Steve Smith (CAR): Stays in Carolina: You don't draft a QB #1 overall and send you're only playmaker off to another team. Then again, the Panthers Front Office isn't too bright either.

Steve Smith (NYG) : St. Louis: They need to give Bradford some help and I think he's moved on from New York. Seattle is a possibility, but he'd be number 1 WR in St. Louis.

Kevin Boss: New York Giants: Solid player for them. Don't lose him.

Zach Miller: Oakland. I think Davis could over pay to keep him as well.

BaLLiN
05-24-2011, 08:06 PM
QB
Matt Hasslebeck- Tennesee
care to explain?

Kevin Kolb- Arizona: Pretty much a done deal I agree

Ahmad Bradshaw: Tampa Bay: Bucs need a 3rd down back and I think Caddy is looking to move on. So Bradshaw is going to leave a starting position with a good organization that is looking like they will do a lot better than last year.

Tim Hightower: Jacksonville: Could be looking for a spell back to take some wear and tear of MJD.

Rashad Jennings? He did pretty well last year, this doesn't make sense to me.

Cadillac Williams: St Louis: Seems like the Rams are interested and would be a perfect 3rd down back for the Rams. Hate to see this but I think it's gonna happen.' This is good for Caddy, he's had alot of injuries, so a limited role could get the most out of him without killing him.

DeAngelo Williams: Washington: They need a back and will pay the price. They always do. Don't agree with this, They have a bunch of guys that all came into the nfl with good potential (a few of them have performed well when given the chance) and others have been injured. I don't think it makes any sense to bring in a high priced FA when there are guys that could do very well given the chance.

Randy Moss: Jets: Wants to win and the Jets will want to steal a threat from NE and give Sanchez another lethal target. Don't see it at all, This guy has become a bum and a locker room cancer.

Terrell Owens: NOWHERE. depending on that injury, but if its not bad then he'll be somewhere, he's still a very good receiver.

Steve Smith (NYG) : St. Louis: They need to give Bradford some help and I think he's moved on from New York. Seattle is a possibility, but he'd be number 1 WR in St. Louis. I actually could see this, but I definitely think the giants will make a push for him.

bucfan12
05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
and once again, you're wrong. but if you like being wrong, you can certainly continue to repeat this, over and over. i'll keep pointing out that you don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about wrt the broncos.

Yeah, like Tebow wasn't just handed the starting QB last year? Listen, he's a better bet to have a better career than Cam Newton, I'll give you that. But he hasn't changed his throwing motion, watch the film. He's also not going to be able to make those 40+ yd runs every game as well.

Orton was above and beyond the best QB for the Broncos last year. I'm telling you right now, if Elway was running the show last year, Tebow would not have been a Bronco, and prob. a 3rd round pick.

Pat Sims 90
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
I like that people actually think that Mike Brown will trade Carson Palmer this year. Mike will not lose out on a standoff and would rather let his ego win out then actually get something out of Palmer.

bucfan12
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
and none of that is relevant to anything that i said.

you keep playing the 'elway's not sold on him' card as if it matters. he's who we have. he'll play this season and prove he belongs or doesn't. kyle orton will never make this into a playoff team. tim tebow might. or he might prove that he can't, and we'll have to get a new qb.

it's also funny that you'd presume to tell me anything about who our best qb was. how many broncos games did you watch? or are you just staring down nfl.com/stats?

Are you serious? The reason the Broncos weren't a playoff team last year wasn't because of Kyle Orton. It was because of Josh McDaniels dismantling a playoff team that was built a few years prior. He got rid of Mike Nolan, who did an excellent job in 2009 with that defense. He trades away Tony Scheffler and Brandon Marshall, two weapons and passes on Dez Bryant for Demaryous Thomas, who was only drafted in round 1 because he was a freak athlete. Yet, they forgot that Dez Bryant was an actual star potential WR.

Their defense was atrocious and they had no running game at all. Moreno is awful. How could you expect Orton to lead a team like that to the playoffs?

He gives them the best chance to win now.

Giantsfan1080
05-25-2011, 08:37 AM
I can't see Smith leaving the Giants especially coming off the major injury he had.

FlyingElvis
05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
QB

Ahmad Bradshaw: Tampa Bay: Bucs need a 3rd down back and I think Caddy is looking to move on.

Braylon Edwards: Oakland: I think he's a type of guy Al Davis will sign.

Steve Smith (NYG) : St. Louis: They need to give Bradford some help and I think he's moved on from New York. Seattle is a possibility, but he'd be number 1 WR in St. Louis.

Some good ones. I do agree that Bradshaw moving to a smaller role is unlikely, but it all depends on the $$$.

Edwards is a great call. That's absolutely a Davis type move.

Steve Smith is another interesting call. He really would fit well there and give the Rams a very reliable WR.

FlyingElvis
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I like that people actually think that Mike Brown will trade Carson Palmer this year. Mike will not lose out on a standoff and would rather let his ego win out then actually get something out of Palmer.
Normally I would agree. But I don't think he's ever faced a situation like this. Disgruntled and dogging it in camp is a lot different than Carson's threat to stay home. We'll see. I wouldn't put it past Brown to make the worst possible choice, though.

I can't see Smith leaving the Giants especially coming off the major injury he had.
I concur. If nothing else, I think players coming off injury are really hampered by the lockout. But it could prove to be a blessing for those that need a little more time to get to 100% because no team has filled the need with a healthy FA yet.

DiG
05-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Not sure I agree with the dwill to washington talk. doesnt make a lot of sense to me. There are 6 Rbs on the roster. Torrain Train was very effective when healthy, and we also just drafted two running backs in the draft. Everything I've read and seen on Helu points to him being a faster healthier version of Torrain which fits right into Shanahans history with rbs. I think the Skins will push hard for olineman and cornerback as well as a few role players elsewhere.

FlyingElvis
05-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Not sure I agree with the dwill to washington talk. doesnt make a lot of sense to me. There are 6 Rbs on the roster. Torrain Train was very effective when healthy, and we also just drafted two running backs in the draft. Everything I've read and seen on Helu points to him being a faster healthier version of Torrain which fits right into Shanahans history with rbs. I think the Skins will push hard for olineman and cornerback as well as a few role players elsewhere.

My logic was simple . . .

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9995/7958313.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/7958313.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

bucfan12
05-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Normally I would agree. But I don't think he's ever faced a situation like this. Disgruntled and dogging it in camp is a lot different than Carson's threat to stay home. We'll see. I wouldn't put it past Brown to make the worst possible choice, though.

Yeah. Theres a thing about sticking to your word or risk losing the chance at getting good value for Palmer. If Mike Brown sticks to his guns, then Palmer leaves the Bengals and the Bengals get nothing. He wants a trade and I believe some team will deal a 3rd round pick for him. Palmer isn't washed up. I mean, look at how well he played without T.O. and Ocho? He looked excellent with those younger WRs playing towards the end of the year.

He could be a great addition to Minnesota, Seattle, or Arizona.

GaMeTiMe
05-26-2011, 05:03 AM
QB:
Matt Hasselbeck - Tennessee Titans
Kevin Kolb - Arizona Cardinals
Donovan McNabb - Miami Dolphins
Kyle Orton - Washington Redskins
Carson Palmer - Retired
Vince Young - Oakland Raiders

HB:
Joseph Addai - Indianapolis Colts
Cedric Benson - Cincinnati Bengals
Ahmad Bradshaw - New York Giants
Ronnie Brown - Denver Broncos
Michael Bush - Oakland Raiders
Tim Hightower - Arizona Cardinals
Cadillac Williams - St. Louis Rams
DeAngelo Williams - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Darren Sproles - Miami Dolphins

WR:
Steve Breaston - New York Giants
Braylon Edwards - Minnesota Vikings
Malcolm Floyd - Jacksonville Jaguars
Santonio Holmes - New York Jets
Vincent Jackson - San Diego Chargers
James Jones - Houston Texans
Randy Moss - New York Jets
Terrell Owens - Retired
Sidney Rice - Washington Redskins
Mike Sims-Walker - Carolina Panthers
Steve Smith (CAR) - San Diego Chargers
Steve Smith (NYG) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TE:
Kevin Boss - New York Giants
Zach Miller - Oakland Raiders

Bring on the defense one!

Caddy
05-26-2011, 06:37 AM
DeAngelo + LeGarrette :O

ImBrotherCain
05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=GaMeTiMe;2605461]

I don't see this happening. Hes gonna go. With Wells and now Williams and Stevens-Howling there is no room left for Hightower.

ImBrotherCain
05-26-2011, 10:53 AM

I don't see this happening. Hes gonna go. With Wells and now Williams there is no room left for Hightower. Not to mention Stevens-Howling

FlyingElvis
05-26-2011, 01:00 PM
QB:
Donovan McNabb - Miami Dolphins

HB:
Ronnie Brown - Denver Broncos
DeAngelo Williams - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WR:
Steve Breaston - New York Giants
Braylon Edwards - Minnesota Vikings
Malcolm Floyd - Jacksonville Jaguars
James Jones - Houston Texans
Steve Smith (NYG) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bring on the defense one!

Definitely some interesting options. Especially with DWill and Jones. I hadn't really though about Houston playing the FA market but it makes sense after no WR was drafted. Jacoby and Walter are good but not great and some competition there would be great for an already lethal offense.

D tomorrow, hopefully. Crazy busy this week @ work.

GaMeTiMe
05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Definitely some interesting options. Especially with DWill and Jones. I hadn't really though about Houston playing the FA market but it makes sense after no WR was drafted. Jacoby and Walter are good but not great and some competition there would be great for an already lethal offense.

D tomorrow, hopefully. Crazy busy this week @ work.

Tampa needs to spend money somewhere. I like what I saw from Blount and Williams will command a lot of money but they are extremely thin at RB with or without Caddy. Blount is no sure thing to last just because he flashed as a rookie whether it be effectiveness or health that does him in. Tough to predict such a dead RB market, but I know Denver, St. Louis, Tampa Bay and Miami should all be in on it. You can add Jason Snelling and Willis McGahee to that list aswell, and I think Snelling could replace McGahee in Baltimore.

I have Jacoby leaving Houston. Didn't add him to the list because I didn't really think about scenarios for him. Maybe Carolina and MSW somewhere else..

FlyingElvis
05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Tampa needs to spend money somewhere. I like what I saw from Blount and Williams will command a lot of money but they are extremely thin at RB with or without Caddy. Blount is no sure thing to last just because he flashed as a rookie whether it be effectiveness or health that does him in. Tough to predict such a dead RB market, but I know Denver, St. Louis, Tampa Bay and Miami should all be in on it. You can add Jason Snelling and Willis McGahee to that list aswell, and I think Snelling could replace McGahee in Baltimore.

I have Jacoby leaving Houston. Didn't add him to the list because I didn't really think about scenarios for him. Maybe Carolina and MSW somewhere else..

Tampa will spend it on Nnamdi. Not to "tip my hand" on the defensive predictions. ;)

Jacoby as a FA . . . I recall seeing him on a list I used to compile the names here but omitted him for irrelevance. Which means njx, phlysac & monomach should now begin lengthy discussions about where he'll land. lol

RaiderNation
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Santonio Holmes is practicing with the Raiders.....

phlysac
05-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Santonio Holmes is practicing with the Raiders.....

Several players from several teams are practicing with the Richard Seymour and Jason Campbell-lead group in Atlanta. Not solely Santonio Holmes. The Atlanta Falcons are practicing at the same facility. It has been reported that nearly 30 non-Raiders have joined in with the workout. It is believed that these players all had been training at Tom Shaw's facilities in Orlando, Florida andmade the trip to Atlanta.

nobodyinparticular
05-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Several players from several teams are practicing with the Richard Seymour and Jason Campbell-lead group in Atlanta. Not solely Santonio Holmes.

So you're saying the Raiders will be signing multiple big name free agents this offseason, not just Holmes, is that it?

phlysac
05-26-2011, 10:12 PM
So you're saying the Raiders will be signing multiple big name free agents this offseason, not just Holmes, is that it?

From what I'm hearing they'll sign every FA available. True story :P