PDA

View Full Version : Holy Wicked Weather/Tornado

J-Mike88
05-24-2011, 10:35 PM
I've never ever seen a spring of tornado's like this one!
My area in Dallas has been hammered tonight. We know about Oklahoma today, Joplin Sunday..... hundred+ killed there.

A few hundred killed earlier this month or was it last month, in the southeast.

Where you at fellas? What have you seen?

Tornadoes, storms kill 6 in Oklahoma, Kansas

Severe weather's assault on middle America continued Tuesday, as tornadoes and thunderstorms pulverized communities and claimed at least six lives in Oklahoma and Kansas.

Joplin, Missouri, where 124 died in a tornado Sunday, was briefly under a tornado warning late Tuesday, but it was later lifted. Still, the city braced for high winds.

Two motorists died when an uprooted tree slammed into their van like a torpedo in Stafford County, Kansas, according to the state adjutant general's office.

The deadly string of tornadoes that rampaged through central Oklahoma killed at least four people, injured dozens and destroyed homes and vehicles, officials said.

Last month, two fatal twisters struck Alabama. One hit Hackleburg and the town of Phil Campbell, killing 78 people, and another struck Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, killing 61.
Joplin, Missouri (CNN) -- The tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri, Sunday killed 124 people, authorities said Tuesday, in what was the deadliest single U.S. tornado since modern record-keeping began 61 years ago.

The National Weather Service has determined the twister packed top winds of more than 200 mph, making it a 5 on the enhanced Fujita scale, said Bill Davis, the meteorologist who reviewed the damage.

Davis said the tornado left "about six miles of total destruction"

The 18-year-old was driving home from his high school graduation Sunday when the tornado destroyed the Hummer H3 he and his father were in.

"We were in a separate car. We were about 30 seconds in front of them, one block," Norton's sister, Sara, told CNN. "My dad called and he said, 'Open the garage door.' ... And then I just heard him say, 'Pull over, Will. Pull over.' And then they started flipping."

"My dad said -- when my dad gained consciousness, he said that he saw my brother -- his seat belt snapped and he was ejected through the sunroof," she added.

TitanHope
05-24-2011, 11:22 PM
The southeastern tornadoes came through my area. Thankfully, my family's home wasn't damaged, but it was pretty bad in the surrounding area. Alabama was hit worst by it, and in total I think around 300 people died.

J-Mike88
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
The southeastern tornadoes came through my area. Thankfully, my family's home wasn't damaged, but it was pretty bad in the surrounding area. Alabama was hit worst by it, and in total I think around 300 people died.
What city is your family home in?
Who's gonna get nailed today?

holt_bruce81
05-25-2011, 03:38 PM
The Joplin tornado was the deadliest single twister since the weather service began keeping official records in 1950 and the eighth-deadliest in U.S. history. Scientists said it appeared to be a rare "multivortex" tornado, with two or more small and intense centers of rotation orbiting the larger funnel.

Sirens have already gone off around my house. Reports are a tornado has touched down around the downtown St. Louis area.

vidae
05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I live in KCK and I saw the clouds with some craaaazy rotation earlier. Was kinda scary. Sirens going off everywhere, pitch black skies.. not fun. FU midwest.

TitanHope
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
What city is your family home in?

Chattanooga, TN. It's less than 10 minutes away from Georgia, and it's Ringgold, GA and the area between that city and us that got nailed. I was out with my sister to celebrate her birthday a week before the storms and a guy she knew came up and started talking with our group, and my sister came and told me after the storms, "Hey, you remember that guy that came up to all of us? He died in the storm." You'd hear just by word of mouth about people dying or buildings being destroyed. A girl I work with had her family's home destroyed as they were all in it. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but they found the bodies of the family who lived down the road in a field near by. Just really tragic.

Tennessee has been hit hard by a lot of natural disasters lately, it seems. Nashville was hit by a historic flood last summer, Chattanooga suburbs along the TN/GA border got hit by the southeastern tornadoes, and Memphis is submerged in the current Mississippi River flooding.

T-RICH49
05-25-2011, 04:58 PM
tornado briefly touched down where I live.no damage done to my house mostly trees off of branches

nepg
05-25-2011, 08:22 PM
What a fun day to live in KC.

General Zod
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
We got hit by an F2 today. My town is seriously fubared. No fatalities thankfully. Just got power back a few mins ago. But he have more storms hitting us shortly.

jsa230
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
NW kentucky . . . all kinds of electrical transformers flashing . . . 2 seperate tornadoes touched down about 5 and 10 miles away from my house., **** got pretty crazy for about 20 minutes now its calm.

CashmoneyDrew
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM
It's supposed to get tornado crazy here tonight, but I'm going to the midnight showing of HO2 regardless. Tornadoes be damned!

J-Mike88
05-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I live in KCK and I saw the clouds with some craaaazy rotation earlier. Was kinda scary. Sirens going off everywhere, pitch black skies.. not fun. FU midwest.
That cracked me up...

Rangers pitcher (not the Packers DE) C.J. Wilson said this:
Late Tuesday night, Wilson left Rangers Ballpark early to get some rest before his start. The drive to his home in Dallas was hair-raising to say the least.

"I drove through some sort of a cyclone at 11 o'clock," Wilson said. "It was the most exciting driving experience I've had on the streets. I was in my truck, going sideways and stuff."

General Zod
05-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Ive grown up in Indiana, so in my life Ive seen my fair share of bad weather and tornadoes. But today i was ******** myself. Baseball sized hail. I grabbed one after and its sitting in my freezer right now. lol

The_Dude
05-25-2011, 10:30 PM
My neighbor works for Xcel energy as a linesman. He is making mad overtime putting poles and powerlines back up in N Minneapolis.

vikes_28
05-27-2011, 12:42 AM
This sucks, cause June is tornado season in South Dakota. I'm hoping it doesn't do much stuff once it gets farther north. I've seen some scary ass stuff since I've lived in South Dakota (all my life).

fenikz
05-27-2011, 02:05 AM
we had a tornado warning once...