PDA

View Full Version : Janzen Jackson, S, Tennessee

shylo3716
05-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Jackson is a defensive playmaker who stands out for the Vols. By all means he is no Eric Berry, but he holds his own. Janzen is a bit of a tweener, because at the next level he may be projected at CB due to his size. He is a Safety prospect that I view as being underrated by none other then Mel Kiper Jr. Mel does not even have him in his Top 25 BB, which is an understatement to his play. Although he is the anchor to the Vols defense, word is that he took the semester off & will be back for football in the fall.

http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2009/12/31/123109chikfila2-17_t607.jpg

dannyz
05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
He learned under Eric Berry his Freshmen year. He is pretty good.

jason96r
05-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm a big fan of Jackson and wouldn't mind at all if he became a Detroit Lion. IMO, Jackson fits ideally what the Lions would like at safety, in the Lions defense they like Safeties with CB like coverage skills.

I applaud Jackson for getting things right and hope he does come back this year and plays quite well. Evenso concerns will abound and I only see Jackson as a 2nd round pick but not for lack of talent.

shylo3716
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm a big fan of Jackson and wouldn't mind at all if he became a Detroit Lion. IMO, Jackson fits ideally what the Lions would like at safety, in the Lions defense they like Safeties with CB like coverage skills.

I applaud Jackson for getting things right and hope he does come back this year and plays quite well. Evenso concerns will abound and I only see Jackson as a 2nd round pick but not for lack of talent.

Why did he leave?

jason96r
05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure why he left. He wasn't kicked off the team he left to take care of "personal issues" or something like that. I read somewhere while doing some research on Jackson and found that he's in some kind of rehab center though I don't think for drugs or anything like that. He's had a poor choice of friends and I think his dad is even a poor influence. I think now he's went for counseling and to get his life right that is why I applaud him.

wicket
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
I most surely would not want him in the first (or the second) so i dont have issues with kiper here.

Late first/early second type talent but a character kid

Mr. Offseason
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I love Jackson. He's incredibly talented but does have some character concerns. Hopefully he has cleaned up his act, but we'll see if he stays out of trouble. Hopefully he does. But he is a very impressive talent.