PDA

View Full Version : 5/31 Podcast - AFC North & East Review + Da'Quan Bowers

Scott Wright
05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
We will be taping a new podcast on Tuesday, May 31st at 8:00pm EST.

In this show, the last of the 2011 NFL Draft season, we will review the AFC North and AFC East and will also be joined by special guest Da'Quan Bowers of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

Shane P. Hallam
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
If you have any questions for Da'Quan Bowers, post them here and we will try to get them in.

coordinator0
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Yet the reason Kindle hasn't played has nothing to do with his knees... T.J. Ward has had various knee injuries in the past and guys with that type of history are more prone to injuring them again. Is that so hard to understand?

Scott Wright
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow, it's amazing to me that people can't let the Ward thing go. Am I so wrong to suggest that a guy with a long history of major injuries in both high school in college might eventually get hurt in the NFL too? Ward played great as a rookie and I wish him nothing but the best, he's definitely due for some good luck on the durability front.

Scott Wright
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Don't forget to tune in tonight, should be a great show!

niel89
05-31-2011, 06:03 PM
QQ. Somebody call the whhaaammmbulance.

Just let it go man. You're the one who keeps whining about this over and over again. If he goes on to have a healthy career then good for you, but for now knock it off. It's not like Scott wants him to get hurt. He just thinks that it is likely to happen.

Scott Wright
05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Getting ready to fire up the show, the chat room is open!

jack1077
05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Loved 'the weight' playing at the start of this ep. Good choice guys.

Scott Wright
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Loved 'the weight' playing at the start of this ep. Good choice guys.

Has everyone seen the "Saturday Night Live" episode that features that song?

It's hilarious!

jack1077
06-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Has everyone seen the "Saturday Night Live" episode that features that song?

It's hilarious!

Haven't seen it sorry mate. We don't get SNL here. You should put some Elliott Smith on to start one of your shows.

Scott Wright
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Haven't seen it sorry mate. We don't get SNL here. You should put some Elliott Smith on to start one of your shows.

Got any song recommendations to check out?

Halsey
06-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Great show and great season. Thanks for all the informative and entertaining Draft talk. I want to offer some opinions on the show and how it could potentially be made better:

-More interviews with analysts and insiders and fewer with players. I enjoy listening to knowledgeable people discuss and debate prospects more than hearing player interviews. Player interviews are often boring and predictable.

-Scott, stop saying "I'm a big fan of..." so much. You rely too heavily on that phrase and it loses meaning.

-Hold a free agency podcast or two to discuss what happens when/if the NFL resumes business.

jack1077
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Got any song recommendations to check out?

Off the top of my head. Needle in the hay. Rose Parade. Angeles. Miss Misery. Between the Bars. Waltz #2. Say Yes.A Fond Farewell.

Elliott is comparable to a Light Grunge version of the beatles. Very talented. Died too young. Also check out Nick Drake but i would recommend getting an entire album of his to listen to. 1 song won't do him justice. Get Pink Moon.

Hope you enjoy and happy listening, well, kind of depressed and introspective listening in both cases. :)

Scott Wright
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I have to say, I would like the team draft grades to be revised next year as well. Seems that every team is getting an "A" or a "B" grade thus far. Thats not a lot of room for variety and doesn't tell me a whole lot as a reader. Perhaps a new system based on a point scale (similar to how you rank players on a 100 pt scale) would be better. The top draft ranked in the high 90s, with a poor draft being ranked in the 50s. That would give me as a reader a better perception on where you think the team's draft stack up. Just reading every team's grade with the grade being an A or a B, I find it hard to believe. Especially when 4/5 yrs down the road the variance between teams is going to be much larger based on how they drafted.

Just thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

I can see that, but to me there are usually plenty of positives in even the worst drafts. Or perhaps I am just too lenient of a grader... :o)

jack1077
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N799R_mDx_U&feature=player_embedded

For you Scott.

Halsey
07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
You guys haven't done the end of the lockout/free agency podcast you promised us. I am disappoint.