PDA

View Full Version : Flight Help?

Notredameleo
05-30-2011, 04:30 PM
My fiancee is working at Camp Denali in Alaska for the summer, and I am trying to book a roundtrip flight to visit her in early-mid july. I dont do much traveling at all, and I was wondering if anyone had any good websites or tips to getting cheap flights, as I dont have a ton of money to spend. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

vikes_28
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
expedia.com

SeanTaylorRIP
05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
xpedia, travelocity, cheaptickets, kayak, orbitz, I'd just check them all and compare.

Philliez01
05-31-2011, 01:16 AM
I got so excited that this was "Fight help?".

Nonetheless, check all the sources; that'll give ya everything you need to know.

Nalej
05-31-2011, 12:08 PM
My mom always flies JetBlue. Claims it's always the cheapest she can find.
But not sure if they go to Alaska.

FlyingElvis
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Given enough advance notice, the "name your price" tool on priceline works well. You can basically check prices and then knock a bunch off the average to start. Then proceed to add $10-20 each day (b/c you can only name one price per 24 hour period, iirc) until it gets accepted.

However, I'm not sure what kind of volume any carrier has flying to Alaska, so that will certainly impact your options.

CashmoneyDrew
05-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Use basically anything except for the actual site for the airlines.

someone447
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I work for the airlines:

If you book early enough in advance the price difference between the travel websites and the airlines websites won't be very much different. If the prices are similar buying directly through the airline is much less hassle.

If you are flying into Anchorage the best bet will be Frontier or Jetblue.

jrdrylie
05-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Buy your ticket on a Tuesday. I don't mean book a Tuesday flight, I mean actually make the purchase on a Tuesday. For some reason, the tickets are always cheapest that day.

Priceline does work well to get a cheap flight. But be warned... every time I've used it, my flight always departs at around 6 am. As I hate getting up early, I usually spend the extra $30 and buy on cheaptickets.com and choose my own departure time.

FlyingElvis
06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Priceline does work well to get a cheap flight. But be warned... every time I've used it, my flight always departs at around 6 am.
Truth. It will be the earliest flight out on both legs and could be any carrier. You don't find out either until after you buy it.