PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt Arrested...... AGAIN

diabsoule
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/09/kenny-britt-arrested-again/

This dude is definitely starting to remind me of Pacman Jones now.

Caulibflower
06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
These stupid little things, over and over... I don't get it. I almost understand Pacman more. I mean... making it rain at a strip club with a posse in tow is pretty fun. Kenny Britt just sounds like he antagonizes cops.

Cudders
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Classic case of a million dollar talent thinking with a ten cent brain, it would appear. In Goodell's NFL, you can have all the ability in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you're too busy getting in trouble to see the field.

I think it's especially telling that Britt's own father has publicly stated he's concerned with the company his son keeps.

DoughBoy
06-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Dammit Kenny, I can not take another year with Justin Gage on the roster. We are ******* cursed at WR, finally get one and he goes all PacMan Jones on us. He is the only number one reciver on our team. This year is going to suck ass. Viva la lock out!

DoughBoy
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
And the mini-camps started yesterday, WTF is so important that you can't be there? I love Kenny, but he is a ******* 2 year old dumbass.

CashmoneyDrew
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
It's like the people in charge of this team and the players are doing everything in their power to make me hate them.

DoughBoy
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
It's like the people in charge of this team and the players are doing everything in their power to make me hate them.

We still have Jason Jones, have hope....

:.(

Giantsfan1080
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Kenny Kenny. This is why the Giants didn't draft him. They were afraid if he was near his hometown he would get into trouble. They were right unfortunately.

Complex
06-09-2011, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=DoughBoy;2609710]Dammit Kenny, I can not take another year with Justin Gage on the roster./QUOTE]

http://ecdn1.hark.com/images/000/001/965/1965/original.jpg

Nalej
06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, he can't get in trouble (by Goddell) for the stuff he does during the lockout, right?

ryno626
06-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Well, he can't get in trouble (by Goddell) for the stuff he does during the lockout, right?

I believe they can't be punished DURING the lockout but any offseason shenanigans will be reviewed and addressed once the lockout is over by Goodell and company.

Monomach
06-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I was so sure that this guy was going to be a legit #1 wideout. I pimped him left and right during that draft season.

Now it's looking like he's too much of a moron to ever be what he should be.

Why the F is he in Jersey, anyway? I thought I heard that the Titans were having workouts.

LonghornsLegend
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Sucks, dude is a legit talent. After that Eagles game last year I was like ok, he's ready to take that next step and really start dominating. Sadly, he looks to be right on the path of former knuckleheads and he'll end up right out of the league. He's a legit #1 WR and he has alot of skills, but it's 1 thing after another.

phlysac
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
At least he doesn't have sore feet from his new cleats.

:)

FUNBUNCHER
06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Poor Tennessee.

Poor Jake Locker.

The only time I've had a 'serious' run-in with the po po was in college when I was busted by an undercover cop for buying liquor.

Is it really that hard not to get arrested multiple times as a pro athlete???

TitanHope
06-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Having Britt will be huge for Locker. Part of the reason for VY playing as good as he did last year was greatly in part because of Britt. It's the first year he's had a legit, go-to WR. He could just throw it and Britt would go up and get it. For a guy like Locker, who has issues with accuracy and throwing from the pocket, it's going to be massive to have that guy he can go to and know that he can complete that pass. We have some immensely promising young talent at receiver with WR Damian Williams and Joker TE Jared Cook, but they're not Britt. It's imperative that he keep his nose clean.

It's bad enough that he's not at the player-held workouts, but to do something as bad as resisting arrest? That's biblically stupid. I actually want him suspended at this point (which he will be after activity is resumed), but at that same time, I'm worried he'll just **** up again while he's not playing. Jeezus H. Chrysler...

Diehard
06-10-2011, 10:56 AM
It's bad enough that he's not at the player-held workouts, but to do something as bad as resisting arrest? That's biblically stupid.

He resisted arrest to avoid getting busted for possession:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-09/titans-wr-kenny-britt-arrested-in-new-jersey

It's all on him. He can easily avoid this type of **** if he wants to. But he doesn't, apparently.

FlyingElvis
06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Smoke blunt at home.

Go get car washed.

Why is the solution always so ******* simple?

killxswitch
06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
It seems so dumb now that I thought he and Nicks were about even as prospects. Britt has all the talent in the world to be a top NFL WR. But those character concerns were apparently not overblown. I hope he gets his head screwed on straight. He needs to get away from the hood and get around positive people so he can learn to not be an idiot.

Rabscuttle
06-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Ray Lewis did tell us crime would go up if there was no football. Kenny is just making the reverand look like a prophet.

scottyboy
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
WHATEVER ALL THESE LAWS ARE STUPID AND KENNY DOESNT NEED TO LISTEN TO NO PO-PO.

kenny britt for president 2012

Ravens1991
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Ray Lewis did tell us crime would go up if there was no football. Kenny is just making the reverand look like a prophet.

against Denver in 2009 Lardarius Webb took a KR to the house to start the 2nd half. The crazy thing is before Webb took the field Ray grabbed him and said last night god told me you are taking this one to the house.

OzTitan
06-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Yo, Ray, you sleepin man? ...sorry dude. Just checkin in after saving a few stranded puppies and orphans from an alligator, and thought I'd let you know your boy Webb is gunna take the 2nd half kickoff to the house tomorrow. ROFL yeah I know I was totally like which ones do I save first. Ok sweet dreams bud. God out.

TitanHope
06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
What would Ray have done if Webb was struck by lightning and killed when he took the kick back?

Besides flying Southwest Airlines.

BigBanger
06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Ray Lewis once kilt a man, covered it up and then convinced the world that he was an innocent, God fearing man incapable of such tomfoolery. He thus became God's right hand man who done had whispered in his right ear hole while he done sleep'd at night. He also said the most recent end of days proclamation was B.S., which he was also right. During the week 13 Steelers-Ravens matchup, he told Webb, Brown is going deep and you gonna get burnt like toast. And he did. Ray Ray is back from the future.

Kenny Britt told the Police, "I'm gangsta. What's in my pocket? Oh dis here? Oh dis here? Dats nuthin."

SativaDominant
06-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Well, Goodell is claiming that the league will review any incidents that happened during the lockout. He can try to puff out his chest all he wants, but I don't know how they'll be able to retroactively punish players for a policy that is currently not in effect.

bigbluedefense
06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh Kenny. I remember being torn for a long while on who I rather have, Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt. I remember when we drafted Nicks, I was estatic and my brothers were pissed.

Both wanted Britt real bad. I didn't blame them either, bc Britt was my second choice, they were literally 1A and 1B in my eyes, I thought both would be absolute studs.

I remember reading that Reese didn't draft Britt bc he was scared that being in NJ with his posse would lead to trouble. I thought that was a stupid reason for passing on him. Boy was I wrong.

I guess that's why we always say "In Reese We Trust"

I still love Kenny, being a Rutgers player and a Jersey boy, but he seriously needs to get his head out of his ass.

And I think I can safely say we chose the right WR. Nicks is better.

TitanHope
06-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Nicks is better.

*slap-slap*

THAT'S TWO FOR BLASPHEMY!!!

Even if the NFL can't punish him, the Titans have already said they will when football resumes. Britt is also wanted by THP because he made inaccurate statements on an application for a driver's license. Link. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnNDETw4sBCnJ6nF8ulm_Yr.uLYF?slug=sports xchange-000344861_embattled-britt-wanted-by-nashville-police) Not as bad as crushing up a joint and resisting arrest, but still.

bigbluedefense
06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
*slap-slap*

THAT'S TWO FOR BLASPHEMY!!!

Even if the NFL can't punish him, the Titans have already said they will when football resumes. Britt is also wanted by THP because he made inaccurate statements on an application for a driver's license. Link. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnNDETw4sBCnJ6nF8ulm_Yr.uLYF?slug=sports xchange-000344861_embattled-britt-wanted-by-nashville-police) Not as bad as crushing up a joint and resisting arrest, but still.

You know how dumb you have to be to openly smoke a blunt in Hoboken while getting your car washed?

That's him just being a jackass and trying to prove that he can do whatever he wants. He's such an idiot, words can't describe how stupid he is.

But seriously...Nicks is better :)

Only slightly though (as a player).

TitanHope
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
You know how dumb you have to be to openly smoke a blunt in Hoboken while getting your car washed?

That's him just being a jackass and trying to prove that he can do whatever he wants. He's such an idiot, words can't describe how stupid he is.

But seriously...Nicks is better :)

Only slightly though (as a player).

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I was just running over their stats real quick, and saw how Nicks had 277 more yards last year. Then I remembered Britt missed like 4 games cause he pulled him hammy real bad, so I got all excited and thought about extrapolating it to match Nicks's time. Then I saw Nicks played in only one more game...sonofa...

They're both monsters, and both have their differences. Britt needs more balls thrown his way, and was beasting before his injury. Dude couldn't be covered at times. So it really sucks that he decides to become a real **** up when it looks like we finally have a WR worth a damn.

Still, it's kinda funny how well Nicks, Maclin, and Britt have played, and Crabtree and DHB have muddled in relative mediocrity.

A Perfect Score
06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Well lets be honest, everyone but Al Davis saw that whole DHB situation coming. That's not a real shocker.

TitanHope
06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Well lets be honest, everyone but Al Davis saw that whole DHB situation coming. That's not a real shocker.

I was less trying to be inquisitive and more trying to be, "Haha, sucks for them! Ours are better! *high fives among Giants, Eagles, and Titans fans*"

DHB was everyone's pick as the 1st RD'er most likely to bust. Then he was picked by the Raiders, which was probably the football equivelant of putting a mentally challenged kid in advanced calculas. Neither are capable of dealing with anything beyond making straight lines. Just not fair.

OzTitan
06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I was just running over their stats real quick, and saw how Nicks had 277 more yards last year. Then I remembered Britt missed like 4 games cause he pulled him hammy real bad, so I got all excited and thought about extrapolating it to match Nicks's time. Then I saw Nicks played in only one more game...sonofa...

They're both monsters, and both have their differences. Britt needs more balls thrown his way, and was beasting before his injury. Dude couldn't be covered at times. So it really sucks that he decides to become a real **** up when it looks like we finally have a WR worth a damn.

Still, it's kinda funny how well Nicks, Maclin, and Britt have played, and Crabtree and DHB have muddled in relative mediocrity.

Remember though, Titans WRs get a courtesy 500 yards and 3 TD bonus in stat comparisons under Jeff Fisher. Then there is the Vince Young and Kerry Collins combo bonus. Then there is the Rusty Smith compensatory package.

So Britt had like a 3000 yard season last year :P

phlysac
06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Remember though, Titans WRs get a courtesy 500 yards and 3 TD bonus in stat comparisons under Jeff Fisher. Then there is the Vince Young and Kerry Collins combo bonus. Then there is the Rusty Smith compensatory package.

So Britt had like a 3000 yard season last year :P

I like this rationale.

:Extrapolates Crabtree's numbers utilizing this theorem substituting Mike Singletary, Jimmy Raye, Alex Smith, Troy Smith, and David Carr:

Lulz

I absolutely love Britt but he really needs to get it together.

killxswitch
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
I look at the WRs we could've gotten, then I look at how much Donald Brown sucks, and I say "**** the 09 draft". How sick would Manning to Nicks be? Stupid Polian.

Rosebud
06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Smoke blunt at home.

Go get car washed.

Why is the solution always so ******* simple?

Or just take the ******* ticket for getting caught with a blunt and don't make things infinitely worse by being a pain in the ass to the cops. I mean I get it, I hate getting arrested to, still won't wear any bracelets or anything around my wrists, but **** man, if you're going to smoke n cruise n get caught that's on you. Fucktard.

marshallb
06-14-2011, 01:56 PM

You're also forgetting Harvin. He's been a beast when he's not missing time because of migraines; 868 yards and 5 TD in 13 and a 1/2 games last year, and that was even with the **** he had at QB last year. The Vikings QB play last year made VY and Collins look like all pros. Titans' team QB rating last year was 82.6, the Vikings' was 67.6, just to show how bad it was.

That WR class was ridiculous though.

bigbluedefense
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM

I was a huge Nicks and Britt fan. I didn't care much for Maclin honestly, I didn't hate him but I didn't love him either. But he's a stud too. Not as good as Nicks or Britt, but still very good.

I liked Crabs a lot, but the more I looked at the games, the more I asked myself "what does he have that Nicks doesn't have?"

If you think about it, the answer is nothing. Nicks is bigger, stronger, just as fast, more polished route runner, just as dominant in the air, catches just as well, Nicks to me was a bigger version of Crabtree.

I told my brothers before the draft that Nicks would be better than Crabs. They told me I was nuts. So far, I think I'm right.

That's not saying Crabtree is bad by any means, I just didn't see what made him a top 10 WR. It wasn't elite size, or elite speed. So I didn't see how he was so different from Nicks.

I still loved him though, and I remember thinking to myself a week before the draft "maybe we should just move up and get Crabtree" so it's not like I wasn't high on the guy, but in the back of my mind I always liked Nicks and Britt more.

Those 2 were definitely my favorite WRs of that draft. I loved Wallace too. I didn't know Wallace would be as good as he is though, I can't lie to you and say I saw that coming.

SativaDominant
06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I was a huge Nicks and Britt fan. I didn't care much for Maclin honestly, I didn't hate him but I didn't love him either. But he's a stud too. Not as good as Nicks or Britt, but still very good.

I liked Crabs a lot, but the more I looked at the games, the more I asked myself "what does he have that Nicks doesn't have?"

If you think about it, the answer is nothing. Nicks is bigger, stronger, just as fast, more polished route runner, just as dominant in the air, catches just as well, Nicks to me was a bigger version of Crabtree.

I told my brothers before the draft that Nicks would be better than Crabs. They told me I was nuts. So far, I think I'm right.

That's not saying Crabtree is bad by any means, I just didn't see what made him a top 10 WR. It wasn't elite size, or elite speed. So I didn't see how he was so different from Nicks.

I still loved him though, and I remember thinking to myself a week before the draft "maybe we should just move up and get Crabtree" so it's not like I wasn't high on the guy, but in the back of my mind I always liked Nicks and Britt more.

Those 2 were definitely my favorite WRs of that draft. I loved Wallace too. I didn't know Wallace would be as good as he is though, I can't lie to you and say I saw that coming.

The huge disparity in perceived value between Crabtree and the rest of the receivers in the draft hasn't been and never will be explained in a way that makes sense to me.

I think we're going to have a similar situation looking back with Julio Jones and Greg Little. That one's a more understandable because of Jones' measurables (even though he doesn't play anywhere close to his timed speed) and Little's suspension pushed his draft stock down. But I think a lot of people are going to look back in a few years and try to figure out why a glorified possession receiver (Jones) was ranked so highly, especially with the depth at WR in this last draft class.

BaLLiN
06-17-2011, 11:32 PM
wow i was in hoboken when he was getting arrested, didnt see it, was in the area. Is it really gunna be a bad punishment? cant they just take it easy bc they basically ruined an entire season with this crap?

Edit: 'this crap' = lockout

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
The judge already lowered most of the crimes he was accused of.

TACKLE
06-18-2011, 02:29 AM

i hate doing this but....

i tend to think that if you put nicks in sf and crabtree in ny, their production would be basically swapped as well. nicks is a beast and i'd take him over crabs right now (tho i did love crabs coming out) but wr production is influenced more by system and qb play than any other position and crabs has had both those things working against him.

hawkeye123
06-18-2011, 02:58 AM
i hate doing this but....

i tend to think that if you put nicks in sf and crabtree in ny, their production would be basically swapped as well. nicks is a beast and i'd take him over crabs right now (tho id did love crabs coming out) but wr production is probably influenced more by system and qb play than any other position and crabs has had both those things working against him.

Without a doubt. The offensive system and philosophy in San Fran the last two years was a complete joke. It was outdated, predictable, and extremely basic. Half the playbook was a variation of the HB dive. With all that, Crabtree still looked decent, the system and poor QB play really prevented him from getting the recognition of the stud WR he is.

The one thing that has killed Crabtree is that he is a diva and thinks he's better then he really has shown. He's essentially skipped two training camps. He hasn't developed much chemistry with the rest of the team either, he got into a fight with Veron Davis last preseason and has made negative comments about Alex Smith recently.

This is a make or break year for Crabs, he "should" shrine in Harbaugh's system.

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2011, 05:02 PM
And now he's threatening to retire on his Facebook.

TitanHope
06-20-2011, 05:26 PM

I SHALL END HIS EXISTENCE!!!

Scotty, Zack, pack your bags. Time for an intervention.

scottyboy
06-20-2011, 05:28 PM
INTERVENTION INTERVENTION INTERVENTION
we shall not let this happen

TitanHope
06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
INTERVENTION INTERVENTION INTERVENTION
we shall not let this happen

We shall need a crossbow, an hourglass, three goats, one of us must learn to play the trumpet, whilst the other one goes like this:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llgngt9aPf1qc8l0f.gif

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm in. I can't believe he's turned into this big of a mess.

CashmoneyDrew
06-20-2011, 07:23 PM
At this point I'm like, **** it.

SuperMcGee
06-20-2011, 08:13 PM
We shall need a crossbow, an hourglass, three goats, one of us must learn to play the trumpet, whilst the other one goes like this:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llgngt9aPf1qc8l0f.gif

Awww, here it goes!

Philliez01
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Wonder how many people "liked" it.

LonghornsLegend
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I know the whole "my twitter was hacked" argument is super lame, but is he really that dumb to say "**** Goodell I retire"?? That doesn't even seem logical to me. It's just crazy how he can't seem to do **** right for a week at a time, I hate to say that I want to believe he will but he seems destined for a year suspension before learning his lesson.

killxswitch
06-21-2011, 08:07 AM
I know the whole "my twitter was hacked" argument is super lame, but is he really that dumb to say "**** Goodell I retire"?? That doesn't even seem logical to me. It's just crazy how he can't seem to do **** right for a week at a time, I hate to say that I want to believe he will but he seems destined for a year suspension before learning his lesson.

Unless someone hacked his life too I have no problem believing he's a big enough screwup to post something like that out of nowhere.

bigbluedefense
06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
It's ok my fellow Rutgers alums...Mohammed Sanu will do us right in a year or 2.

Mohammed Sanu boys and girls, the next Hakeem Nicks.

scottyboy
06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Sanu's totally entering after this season. it's almost a lock.

the worst part is, there really are very few holes in Britt's game, if any. all the holes are in his head :(

Giantsfan1080
06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah if Sanu has a big year which he should then he's gone for sure since he's a little older than your normal junior. Rutgers is going to have a little pipeline of Wr's to the NFL in the next few years me thinks.

bigbluedefense
06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Is it just me or does Kenny Britt have an uncanny resemblance to Tyreke Evans?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/42/426395m.jpg
http://img1.browsebiography.com/images/gal/779_Tyreke_Evans_photo_1.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Is it just me or does Kenny Britt have an uncanny resemblance to Tyreke Evans?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/42/426395m.jpg
http://img1.browsebiography.com/images/gal/779_Tyreke_Evans_photo_1.jpg

You're just racist.

Just kidding, I see it. I had to use a different picture of Evans though. Hat blocks too much of the face.