PDA

View Full Version : Lockout soon to be over? (rumor)

Roddoliver
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/x2088983289/SOURCE-NFL-lockout-is-over

The National Football League's lockout is over.

According to an NFL source, owners and players have tentatively reached an agreement to end the lockout, which entered its 86th day today.

Some coaches and players have been contacted about returning to work probably early next week and as soon as this weekend.

The two sides were meeting secretly in Manhattan the last three days. Included in those meetings were Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Commission Roger Goodell, Judge Arthur Boylan and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith.

The group reportedly met last week in Chicago.

This means that the season will begin, as scheduled on Thursday, Sept. 8 when the New Orleans Saints play at Green Bay.

Still waiting for confirmation from other sources.

EDIT: should have posted this in the pro football forum, sorry.

Monomach
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Pretty weird that the only place that has this is a local paper from bumfuck, USA.

...and that they've had it up for half an hour with no one else re-reporting it.

...and that it's hidden on a sidebar of their main page because the big story is that it's hot outside, you know- in June.

WTF kind of paper is this?

Monomach
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that this guy is going to look like an idiot very soon.

phlysac
06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
He already changed the title of the article from "Over" to "Almost Over."

phlysac
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Albert Breer tweeted that he has spoken to both sides since this report and that both sides say the report is false.

asdf1223
06-09-2011, 07:07 PM
One of PFW's senior writers said that the guy isnt a hack and was the first one to report on Larry Bird leaving the C's for the Pacers and Shaq being out of the playoffs. So I dunno. Lets just hope they get it done so we can speculate on free agency.

LonghornsLegend
06-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I wish they would hurry up. This was a terrible year to draft a QB IMO. Some guys don't even have a copy of the playbook. OTA's and mini camps are how alot of rookies got up to speed by September. Not to mention guys like Casey Hampton who probably weighs 400lbs now. It's gonna be a wacky season that's for sure, but I could care less as long as we have one.

Roddoliver
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Damn :(

Maybe something will get done before mid July

King Carls 5 Year Plan
06-12-2011, 02:51 PM
http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/29961289

its a good blog that has these same rumors from a lot of different and reliable sources.

a paragraph near the bottom makes a great point. the owners have an owners meeting on june 21st. they may want to have the basic ideas of an agreement to vote on @ those meetings.

these open talks w/o lawyers was bound to help in some way. taking the animosity out of these negotiations was the only way progress was going to be made. getting stuck on being a "winner" or a "loser" in this deal is irrelevant. the real losers are the fans if a deal doesn't get done..