PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Forum Mock- Team Grades

SeanTaylorRIP
06-11-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.thecolorcurve.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nba_AutoCollage_50_Images.jpg

Eastern Conference

15:
http://landloyalty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dan-gilbert.jpg
15: Cleveland Cavaliers : 2010 Record : 19-63 : Predicted 2011 Record : 21-61

Depth Chart:

PG: Kyrie Irving : Ramon Sessions : Baron Davis
SG: Brandon Knight : Daniel Gibson : Manny Harris
SF: Alonzo Gee : Christian Eyenga : Joey Graham
PF: JJ Hickson : Samardo Samuels : Luke Harangody
C: Anderson Varejao : Ryan Hollins : Semih Erden

Stat Predictions:
Kyrie Irving: 15.3 ppg/6.8apg
Brandon Knight: 11.9 ppg/2.9 apg

Team Overview:
There is no doubt that in 2011 this Cavs team again will be atrocious. While a ton of talent at the PG and SG positions all 6 guys there are essentially PG’s or ball dominant guards. The Cavs will go through lumps with two rookie guards. Brandon Knight is going to be absolutely abused by SG’s in the NBA early on. Also he will have to adjust to playing off guard full time. Irving is a good PG but not yet a great playmaker. He’s a decent passer but more of a scorer. To be honest I wouldn’t expect Kyrie his rookie year to give much more than 15 ppg, 6 to 7 apg. The SF position is a mess. Alonzo Gee, Christian Eyenga, and Joey Graham all wouldn’t make most NBA rosters. The front line is not really impressive. Their isn’t a single guy in that front line who can consistently give you points in the post. Most of them are defensive minded. Hickson is the one saving grace with big time upside, still though he won’t be able to carry the offensive load for the team. With a top 3 pick in a strong 2011 draft however they will be on their way.

GM Grade: C
Overall I like some of the moves however I don’t agree with all the decisions. Brandon Knight to me doesn’t make much sense where as Vesely or Jonas would have been better picks. More so in this situation having the 4th pick and the huge TPE it should have been used to acquire a veteran like Iggy or Jefferson. Personally I’d take Derrick Williams #1 and Knight/Walker at #4 but I can understand going Kyrie #1 overall. The Jamison trade was made so that the Cavs could be a player in free agency but with no signings essentially you gave up the 34th pick and the 15 mil expiring contract of Antawn Jamison for free. Jamison’s expiring would have been a valuable trade chip if you didn’t intend on making any free agent moves. I also would have traded Varejao and his bloated contract to a veteran team for any sort of future compensation.

14:

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/andrea-bargnani-lottomatica-semifinali-game-2-italian-championship-basketball-series-a1-play-offs-1uY7eD.jpg
14: Toronto Raptors: 2010 Record: 22-60 : Predicted 2011 Record : 27-55

Depth Chart:

PG: Jason Kidd / Kemba Walker
SG: Leandro Barbosa / Jerryd Bayless
SF: DeMar Derozan / James Johnson / Linas Kleiza
PF: Andrea Bargnani / Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
C : Kwame Brown / Andris Biedrins / Solomon Alabi

Stat Predictions:

Kemba Walker: 13.7 ppg, 5.1 apg
Ed Davis: 12.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg

Team Overview:

For a team which struggled last year I can’t see this current roster being much different. At this point Kidd isn’t really much of an upgrade over Calderon and on a bad team I can’t see him giving great productive minutes. Kemba would definitely take over the starting PG spot at sometime and Kidd would probably be traded to a veteran team come deadline. Not sure I like playing Derozan at SF, IMO he should be at SG if Barbosa is the best option at SG. Additionally I’d expect Ed Davis and Bargnani to be the starting lineup. Because of this again the Raptors will be hella weak inside.

GM Grade: B
Nothing ground breaking but some solid moves. I like the selection of Kemba, although still there is no clarity in the Bargnani/Davis situation. Didn’t acquire a starting Center and didn’t trade Bargnani so right now it’s still kind of in the same boat. A true SG also could have been added to this roster.

13:
http://espaciodeportes.com/wp-content/marc-gasol-jugara-memphis-proximos-thumb.jpg
13: Charlotte Bobcats: 2010 record: 34-48 : Projected 2011 Record: 33-49

Depth Chart

PG D.J. Augustin - Shaun Livingston - Demetri McCamey
SG Gerald Henderson - James Anderson - Travis Leslie
SF Jan Veselý - Dante Cunningham - Nikola Mirotić
PF Tyrus Thomas - Donatas Motiejūnas - D.J. White
C Marc Gasol - Robin Lopez - Hasheem Thabeet - DeSagana Diop

Stat Projections:
Jan Vesely: 9.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.1 bpg
Donatas Motiejunas: 10.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg
Marc Gasol: 16.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg

Team Overview
Just to be clear first Mirotic will not be with this squad this season with the assumption that he is in this draft. Still though a great pick for the future, as for this team the interior is incredibly strong defensively with Lopez, Gasol, Tyrus, Thabeet, and Diop. However apart from Gasol no real offensive threats. This is the kind of interior that would be ideal with a strong backcourt but to me that’s the biggest weakness. Henderson is just ok and Augustin was pretty bad last year. Both will have to make major strides for this team to be competitive. The bench guards are not very good at all, I wouldn’t expect any to make major contributions although Livingston is at least solid and Leslie will give you some good defensive minutes. All in all this squad would be tough in the interior and Gasol would be a likely allstar and carry the team, however there is too much youth and weakness in in the backcourt to think they would be great right off the bat. The one glaring weakness is that there is no go to scorer on this team.

GM Grade: A
Definitely made some incredible steps towards the future. Getting Gasol to sign is a major deal, also the additions of Lopez and Thabeet give defense and length. As for the draft love the picks. All 5 players have a future in the NBA and props on the Anderson deal as he still has untapped potential. My only issue with the offseason moves is the lack of a go to scorer, that will definitely plague this team and hold them back, but they are probably a good SG and PG away from being contenders. Gasol alone bumps this grade to an A and the draft I like. I probably would have tried to move Tyrus for any sort of perimeter scorer.

12:
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/06/greg-monroe-062410-307.jpg
12: Detroit Pistons: 2010 Record : 30-52: Projected 2011 Record: 34-48

Depth Chart

PG: Jameer Nelson/Earl Watson/Chris Quinn
SG: Marshon Brooks/Jason Terry/Charlie Bell
SF: Jonas Jerebko/Chris Singleton
PF: Greg Monroe/Mareese Speights/Etan Thomas
C: Deandre Jordan/Ben Wallace

Stat Projections:
Marshon Brooks: 12.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg
Chris Singleton: 7.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 1.0 spg
Deandre Jordan: 9.1 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.2 bpg
Greg Monroe: 14.1 ppg, 7.8 rpg
Team Overview
This is definitely an intresting roster. For the most part a young up and coming team which will take it’s lumps but then you have some vets who are probably ring hungry like Nelson, Terry, and Bell. It’s hard to determine how they will play on a bad team but still I do foresee Nelson as a piece for the future. This team though will definitely be up and down, the Nelson/Brooks/Terry duo could clash at times if Nelson decides to be shoot first like he has been. The bench is kind of bleh at the PG, PF, and Center spots.

GM Grade: A-
The #1 pressing issue for Detroit was to address the financial situation and they most definitely did that. Using the amnesty clause on Rip and getting rid of the Charlie V, Ben Gordon, and Maxiell contracts were huge. As for the draft absolutely love the move considering I have Singelton graded right alongside Leonard. It was Brooks though who was the big pickup as no player at the 33rd pick would have the impact Brooks will give you. The money thrown at Deandre Jordan is a bit quesitonable. He’s shown flashes so for a young 7 footer that’s actually a very decent contract. Potentially him and G-ro could be one of the top tandems in the game.

11:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/legacy_images/sactownroyalty/images/admin/spencer_peaches.jpg
11: Philadelphia 76ers: 2010 Record: 41-41: Projected 2011 Record: 34-48

Depth Chart

PG: Jrue Holiday/Louis Williams/Charles Jenkins
SG: Evan Turner/Jodie Meeks
SF: Paul George/Andres Nocioni/Craig Brackins/Davis Bertains
PF: Andray Blatche/Tyler Hansborough/Ryan Rossiter
C: Spencer Hawes/Jason Collins

Stat Projections:

Paul George: 10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg
Evan Turner: 12.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg

Team Overview

The Sixers definitely made some great moves towards the future success of the team but after losing Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, and Thaddeus Young they simply will not be able to get back to where they were this year. They are too young and new of a group to challenge for a playoff spot at this moment. The most apparent issue will be who is the go to scorer. I don’t believe either Turner or George to be that yet so a lot of the scoring load will land on the shoulders of 6th man Lou Williams, and Holiday is going to have to be more aggressive towards scoring that distributing. I can see at the get go the offense becoming stagnant and just relying on Blatche to create for himself. There is not a single position which is particularly weak but it’s just too much youth an inexperience to imagine them contending in 2011.

GM Grade: B+

Overall I really liked the moves made by Philly to set them up for the future. Figuring they wouldn’t challenge with the current team in place using the amnesty on Elton Brand was definitely the right move to make despite his resurgence. I really thought the value in the trade of Iguodala was great considering all of the young pieces acquired. Paul George and Hansborough are two young potential starters, the 15th pick, and a 2012 first. That’s about all you could hope for in Iguodala who the 76ers are really trying to shed his contract. The deal for Andray Blatche was great as well. He’s a guaranteed 15+7 type of guy so to get him and only have to drop 19 spots in a relatively weak draft is a steal. Charles Jenkins was a great pick at 34 although with both Holiday and Williams being combo guards not sure really how much time there is for him as both Holiday and Williams project to the future of the club. I think getting rid of Speights improves the team, and the Jason Collins signing was very solid. My only gripe was the drafting of Bertans at 16. I feel like it was a reach and with Paul George, Evan Turner, and Jodie Meeks a part of the teams future I’m not sure how necessary the pick was. I probably would have went with Brooks, Faried, Morris, or Thompkins. Still though he won’t be coming over yet so he’s a talented kid to keep the rights to. Overall very solid job by PF to set this team up for the future. I probably though would have matched the offer to Thaddeus as 9 mil a year isn’t horrible for a guy that young with that much versatility. He really had developed a nice rapport with Jrue and Lou Will, I thought he would be a cornerstone to the 76ers franchise.

10:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kanter1.jpg
10: Washington Wizards: 2010 record: 23-59: Projected 2011 Record: 37-45

Depth Chart

PG: John Wall/Rodney Stuckey
SG: Jordan Crawford /CJ Miles/David Lighty
SF: Thaddeus Young/Marcus Morris/Tobias Harris
PF: Enes Kanter/Antawn Jamison/Trevor Booker
C: Javale Mcgee/Kevin Seraphin/Hamed Haddadi

Stat Projections:

John Wall: 17.8 ppg, 9.3. apg, 4.9 rpg, 2.1 spg
Jordan Crawford: 14.4 ppg, 2.3 apg
Thaddeus Young: 16.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg
Enes Kanter: 12.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg
Javale Mcgee: 13.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.8 bpg

Team Overview

This is definitely a fun and gun athletic squad which will have up and downs but I really think they will give a ton of teams fits with their athleticism and hungry young players. I think this team really has the balance to be competitive every night. You have the star in Wall who already has a rapport with Mcgee around the rim, but what I really like is you have the two guys who can fill it up quick in Stuckey and Crawford but the guys around them are versatile defensive role players like Thad, Miles, Lighty, and Harris. Then you have two strong upside guys in Morris and Kanter, Mr. energy Trevor Booker and the old vet Jamison. They will go on long win and loss streaks but everything will eventually even out.

Obvoiusly I am bias towards my own moves and to me all the moves I made were logical, but without tooting my horn too much I really love what I did with the Wizards. I truly feel like I have built this into one of the most youth talented teams in the league. Every single guy on the roster other than Jamison has starter potential. Love the Wall/Crawford/Stucky dynamic, complemented by long defenders like Miles, Young, and Morris. Kanter and Mcgee could develop into a special duo down the line. Also picking up Haddadi you can never have enough 7 foot projects. SF once a weakness with Thad, Marcus Morris, and Harris I think I have great depth and youth. Jamison is a 15 mil expiring which I can use to acquire a future draft pick around the trade deadline. Also I have positioned myself to be able to offer close to the max to someone next summer although in all honesty I like every single starter I have.

9:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H7USgX7fQRg/TWHDh8MP3JI/AAAAAAAAEwo/hchMHjMbKHs/s1600/Tony+Parker.bmp
9: Milwaukee Bucks: 2010 Record: 35-47: Projected 2011 Record: 39-43

Depth Chart

PG: Tony Parker/JJ Barrea/Keyon Dooling
SG: Klay Thompson/Delonte West/Chris Douglas-Roberts
SF: Carlos Delfino/Earl Clark
PF: Drew Gooden/Larry Sanders/Jon Brockman
C: Andrew Bogut/Kyrolo Fesenko

Stat Projections:

Klay Thompson: 9.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg
Larry Sanders: 6.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg
Team Overview

This team has a nice mixture of veterans and youth, however I don’t think they are experienced enough to quite get over the hump this year. Parker+Bogut is an allstar duo, Gooden is a solid performer and Barrea is a great backup, I definitely think this team lacks firepower on the wings though. Thompson will be up and down and aside from Delonte no one really who can put the ball in the hoop consistently.

I am a huge fan of this job. I am not a big Jennings fan at all and while he may make some allstar teams he’s not the kind of guy who will lead you to a championship. Parker still has a good 5 years in him and is still a very good PG. Love the drafting of Klay Thompson over Alec Burks, he’s the right fit for this team although I probably would have considered Chris Singleton, Marcus Morris, and Donatas. Some really great under the radar free agent signings in JJ Barrea, Delonte West, and especially Earl Clark who’s like getting a first rounder because he has so much untapped potential. My only negative critique is I would have tried to acquire a big with a post up game.

8:

http://www.eastbaytrainer.com/Portals/73022/images/kim-kardashian-butt.jpg
8: New Jersey Nets: 2010 Record: 24-58 : Projected 2011 Record : 40-42

Depth Chart

PG: Deron Williams/Kirk Hinrich/Sundiata Gaines
SG: Anthony Morrow/Lacedarius Dunn
SF: Damion James/Francisco Garcia/Donte Greene
PF: Kris Humphries/Brandon Bass
C: Brook Lopez/Johan Petro/Hamady N'Diaye

Projected Stats:
Deron Williams: 21.4 ppg, 10.9 apg
Anthony Morrow: 13.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg
Damion James: 8.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Kris Humphries: 9.8 ppg, 10.5 rpg
Brook Lopez: 22.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg

Team Overview
While there are more talented teams overall I trust Deron Williams being able to lead a team to the playoffs. He and Lopez will continue to build their relationship and Humphries seems like the type of guy who will continue to work hard and be grateful for the contract. I see Morrow continuing strong play with Deron setting up shots for him. I think Damion makes some pretty big strides especially defensively. As a backup Brandon Bass adds an added dimension of stretching the floor. Hinrich is one of the better backup PG’s in the league and at times is a real good complement playing alongside Deron. Francisco Garcia could be one of the key pieces for them. He has been a solid all around player his entire NBA career and I can definitely see a career resurgence playing alongside Deron. Who knows maybe even Donte Greene can capture some of that untapped potential.

Overall I just love all the moves made. Love all the trades made for proven NBA players. Picking up Bass was a great move as a quality backup big was needed. Turning Travis Outlaw into Kirk Hinrich was another incredible move. With his defense and shooting Hinrich is actually an upgrade as a backup PG to Deron. Lacedarius Dunn was a decent draft pick and he can probably give instant offense behind Morrow. Like the trade to get two quality depth guys who still are fairly young in Garcia and Greene as well as a future 2nd for what turns out to be the 15th or 16th pick in the 2012 draft. Not bad value for immediate need. Retaining Humphries was huge and while obviously Scotty is a Rutgers homer N’diaye could actually push Petro for minutes because he actually has a motor, needs to learn not to foul though. My only negative is that you are trying to convince Deron to stay. I would have tried maybe using Humphries S&T, future picks, or possibly even dangling Brook Lopez to truly attract a sidekick for Deron and convince him you are willing to build around him. That’s my only gripe with this GM job. I don’t know if even this playoff appearance is enough to convince him to stay in Jersey over possibly teaming up with a star elsewhere.

7:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Jimmer-Fredette-Girlfriend-%C2%A0Whitney-Wonnacott-Picture.jpg
7: New York Knicks: 2010 Record : 42-40: Projected 2011 Record : 41-41

Depth Chart

PG: Chauncey Billups/Jimmer Freddette
SG: Landry Fields/Toney Douglass/Bill Walker
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Renaldo Balkman
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Ronny Turiaf

Stat Projections:

Jimmer Freddette: 9.3 ppg, 3.4 apg
Landry Fields: 12.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg

Team Overview
Same roster as last year with the addition of Jimmer which won’t mean much. Still though a team with Melo/Stat/Billups/and Fields will make the playoffs. TD playing the 2 guard will also enhance the offense although not sure I trust Jimmer as a backup PG anymore than TD.

GM Grade: F
You did nothing, I actually am pretty sure we picked Jimmer for the Knicks. Lucky enough Shawne Williams, Mase-on, Anthony Carter, and others are still available to fill out the roster but still zero improvements, equals failure=first round exit. Jimmer won’t make the team any better in the immediate future. I guess my only complement about doing nothing is that you only have Melo/Stat/and Jimmer on contract for 2012.

6:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2010/11/03/s110310_09-dive--pg-horizontal.JPG
6: Indiana Pacers: 2010 Record : 37-45: Projected 2011 Record : 46-36

Depth Chart

PG Darren Collison/AJ Price
SG Kevin Martin/Brandon Rush/Lance Stephenson
SF Andre Iguodala/Chase Budinger/Dahantay Jones
PF Carl Landry/Andrei Kirilenko/Josh McRoberts
C Roy Hibbert/Brad Miller

Stat Projections:

Darren Collison: 12.1 ppg, 7.1 apg,
Andre Iguodala: 16.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 6.5 apg, 2.0 spg
Kevin Martin: 23.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg
Carl Landry: 13.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg
Roy Hibbert: 14.7 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.1 bpg

Team Overview
Probably the most improved team in the entire mock I had Indiana just missing out on a 5 or 4 seed. They will take some time to gel together but IMO this is one of the strongest starting 5’s. Everyone complements each other so well. I also expect Hibbert to continue to grow as one of the more solid centers in the league. My only gripe with this roster which will hold them back this year is you have no guard or wing capable of scoring efficiently outside of Martin. In the future getting a quality 6th man scoring guard will be beneficial. None of the backups impress me as high quality playoff backups. Kirilenko and Brad Miller especially are long past their prime.

GM Grade: A+
Might be my favorite GM job in this entire mock, overall just an excellent job. Often in these mock drafts we tend to get too drawn into draft picks and overrate their value and impact, by moving the draft picks Indiana has set up a competitive team right now but also a team which has an incredibly bright future. The Iguodala trade was great. While personally I don‘t feel giving up a 2012 first rounder was necessary, Paul George and Hansborough don‘t project to be high quality NBA starters. The 15th pick would have been nice but likely just a role player. Iguodala gives the Pacers an elite perimeter defender and a guy who can pass, rebound, and slash. If he can keep his jump shots to a limit he is the perfect team leader. Love the Kevin Martin trade. Obviously with Iggy you can‘t have him and Granger together so you trade a talented scoring SF who plays no defense, for a talented scoring SG who plays no defense. Luckily Iguodala and Collison should help negate the defensive weaknesses of Martin. Martin is one of the best scoring guards in the league. Budinger was a nice backup pickup. The Carl Landry signing though was probably my favorite of them all. 30 mil for 5 years is a great value for a guy who especially in Houston was a great player. He is a quality starter beside Hibbert. I do think it was an overpay for Kirilenko and I probably would have elected for someone younger, but he‘ll be solid.

5:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2008/0724/DM_080724_LZCAFEowens.jpg
5: Atlanta Hawks: 2010 Record : 44-38 : Projected 2011 Record : 47-35

Depth Chart

PG: Jeff Teague/TJ Ford
SG: Joe Johnson/Jamal Crawford/Martell Webster
SF: Tayshaun Prince/Travis Outlaw
PF: Al Horford/Rashard Lewis/Kenneth Faried
C: Al Jefferson/Elton Brand

Inactive:
PG: Andrew Goudelock
SF: Pape Sy
C: Hassan Whiteside

Stat Projections:

Jeff Teague: 13.3 ppg, 5.1 apg
Al Jefferson: 19.3 ppg, 9.5 rpg
Kenneth Faried: 3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.3 bpg

Team Overview
The base is definitely here for a playoff team. Obviously the team is built around the two allstars Joe Johnson and Al Horford. Moving Horford to the PF slot makes him a better player. Then you have arguably the best 6th man scorer off the bench in Jamal Crawford capable in carrying an offense. On the wings you have a veteran defender chasing a ring in Tayshuan Prince and an athletic defender in Travis Outlaw. Martell Webster gives the Hawks a much needed knock down shooter. Rashard Lewis is a nice backup for both SF and PF and he definitely is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Faried will give some tough hard minutes and will terrorize the glass when he’s in. The addition of Al Jefferson is huge. Jefferson is one of the most talented post players in the league and allows Atlanta to run more offense than just isolations. Elton Brand is a valuable backup as he had a career resurgence last year leading the 76ers. The key spot is the PG spot. Jeff Teague looked like a star in the playoffs if he can continue that he will round out one of the top lineups in the league. I expect him to have an up and down season. TJ Ford is a nice veteran backup who is looking to show his worth. Goudelock, Sy, and Whiteside all have the ability to crawl up to the roster and Whiteside especially is intriguing given his size and shot blocking. Goudelock is there should Ford get hurt which is very likely and Sy is a nice defender if either Webster or Outlaw is really struggling. I think the only major weakness for the Hawks is interior size. Jefferson is not a good defender and Brand while tough is not the tallest guy.

I really like what I did. I think I have built a team which has a 3-5 year window to win it all, although the east is so competitive just getting out of the first round is a serious question. My only thing I wish I could go back on was not trading Hinrich. At the time I really needed a SF but looking back now with free agency I should have just kept Hinrich because he was a valuable backup. However I did manage to turn Hinrich+48th pick into Travis Outlaw, Hassan Whiteside, and Andrew Goudelock so I’m not entirely unhappy. I just think though for a team looking to win right now keeping Hinrich would have been more beneficial.

4:

http://sickhop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gilbert-arenas-.jpg
4: Orlando Magic: 2010 Record : 52-30: Projected 2011 Record: 49-33

Depth Chart

PG Gilbert Arenas / Jordan Farmar
SG JR Smith / JJ Redick / Keith Bogans
SF Caron Butler / Corey Maggette
PF Carlos Boozer / Charlie Villanueva
C Dwight Howard / Jeremy Tyler

Inactive:
C: Quincy Pondexter
PG: Josh Selby
C: Daniel Orton

Stat Projections:
Carlos Boozer: 16.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg
Caron Butler: 15.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg
JR Smith: 12.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg
Gilbert Arenas: 12.1 ppg, 4.8 apg
Dwight Howard: 24.1 ppg, 14.3 rpg, 2.7 bpg

Team Overview
Very tough to predict this team. This lineup looks like one of the most dangerous in the league. While his playoff woes are well documented Boozer is still pretty close to an 18+10 kind of guy. His game really complements D12 well. They have potential to be a real all star duo. Boozer’s biggest weakness defense is covered some by Howard although he did play with some great defenders in Chicago. Butler brings a guy with great defense and an ability to create for himself. Although more suited as a 6th man JR Smith can put up points as quick as just about anyone in this league. The one question for me is the PG spot. Arenas had some bright spots in the playoffs but still expecting him to both stay healthy and play smart and consistent is a huge question mark. I’m not so sure about the dynamic of having him and Smith in there together, that doesn’t sound all that great to me. Farmar is a nice backup who is athletic and can hit the 3, not a great passer though. Getting Bogans back was a nice touch of defense and Maggette and Charlie V provide good scoring. My worries though are definitely with interior depth. If Boozer is hurt or D12 is in foul trouble with Charlie V and Tyler I definitely worry about post defense.

The Magic have made a ton of moves recently, most of them bad but this GM job was great. Getting Boozer IMO is a huge deal. Butler and JR Smith were absolute steals for what they went for. Acquiring Charlie V was a nice move as well as he’s a versatile scorer. I view him as more of a SF though. Liked the draft of both Tyler and Selby although I wouldn’t expect major contributions from either early on. These are definitely the type of moves that could help keep D12 around. Getting guys like Smith, Butler, and Maggette who can create for themselves takes a ton of pressure off Howard.

3:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2241/2321828401_b91448594c.jpg
3: Boston Celtics: 2010 Record: 56-26: Projected 2011 Record: 53-29

Depth Chart

PG: Rajon Rondo / Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen / Mike Dunleavy
SF: Paul Pierce / Jeff Green / Ryan Gomes
PF: Kevin Garnett / Glen Davis / Kenyon Martin
C: Jermaine O'Neal / Nikola Vucevic

Inactive:
SF: Chandler Parsons
SG: Avery Bradley

Stat Projections:

Rajon Rondo: 12. 3 ppg, 11.7 apg, 2.5 spg
Jeff Green: 12.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Nikola Vujevic: 3.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg

Team Overview
Boston faded this year in the playoffs maybe showing age and worn down bodies, but I do believe that they have at least one or two more runs in them. The key will be for Doc to limit the vets minutes even if you have to sacrifice some regular season wins. This roster is primarily similar to last years with the exception of Vucevic as the backup center. Don’t really think he’s ready and I probably would have signed someone else but still with how long they have been together they are still very tough to beat.

I like the subtle moves made. Retaining Jeff Green and Glen Davis was huge. Mario Chalmers might be the most underrated signing of free agency. He’s a nice backup for Rondo. Gomes is a solid role player capable of playing some PF. Dunleavy and Martin are both ring chasers. All in all solid moves although nothing that really stands out. Just loading up for a final run at it.

2:

http://review2akill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Joakim-Noah-Is-UGLY.jpg
2: Chicago Bulls: 2010 Record: 62-20: Projected 2011 Record:59-23

Depth Chart

PG: Derrick Rose/Chris Duhon
SG: Jason Richardson/Quentin Richardson/Ronnie Brewer
SF: Luol Deng/Kyle Korver
PF: Taj Gibson/Ryan Anderson/Trey Thompkins
C: Joakim Noah/Omer Asik

Inactive:
PG: Isaiah Thomas
PG: CJ Watson

Stat Projections:
Derrick Rose: 26.8 ppg, 7.7 apg, 4.3 rpg
Jason Richardson: 14.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg
Taj Gibson: 12.3 ppg, 7.1 rpg
Ryan Anderson: 7.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg
Trey Thompkins: 6.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg

Team Overview
While it will take time for the Bulls to mesh with this new lineup I love what they have now. Gibson being a starter is long overdue. He is a better player than Carlos Boozer at this point. Definitely a much better post defender. Gibson/Noah/Asik still have that defensive dynamic but the additions of Ryan Anderson and Trey Thompkins give a new dimension with the ability to hit open shots and stretch the floor. Teams that sag on Rose won’t be able to now that they have big men who can shoot. Offensively the addition of the Richardson’s give Rose some more shooting options.

Absolutely love the moves adding some shooters both in the front and backcourt while still maintaining the defensive integrity. Unloading Boozers contract was a big deal as well. Love the draft picks of Thompkins and Thomas.

1:

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-james-cry.jpg
1: Miami Heat: 2010 Record: 58-24: Projected 2011 Record: 61-21

Depth Chart

PG: Mike Bibby/Eddie House
SG: Dwayne Wade/Shelvin Mack
SF: LeBron James/Mike Miller
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem
C: Joel Anthony/Zydrunas Ilgauskus/Dexter Pittman

Stat Projections:

Dwayne Wade: 25.8 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.8 apg
Shelvin Mack: 10.3 ppg, 1.9 apg
LeBron James: 26.1 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 7.8 apg
Bosh Spice: 18.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg

Team Overview
In the regular season very very few teams can hang with them. In the regular season when defenses are looser the Heat can beat almost anyone purely on talent. Haslem will play a big role next year. As far as weaknesses, the interior lacks any sort of post scorer.

GM Grade: C-
Didn’t really do much when small moves would have made this team 100% unstoppable. Losing Mario Chalmers is a blow as is James Jones. Also I’d rather have kept Juwan Howard than play Dexter Pittman. Shelvin Mack was a fine pick though.

Western Conference

15:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/03/08/420x316-alg_knicks_jazz_stoudemire.jpg
15 : Utah Jazz : 2010 Record: 39-43, 2011 Record : 27-55

Depth Chart

C: Mehmet Okur/Bismack Biyombo/Keith Benson
PF: Josh Smith/Derrick Favors
SF: Michael Beasley/Gordon Hayward
SG: Alec Burks
PG: Raymond Felton/Jonny Flynn

Stat Predictions:
Bismack Biyombo: 3.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.2 ppg
Josh Smith: 18.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2 bpg
Derrick Favors: 12.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg
Michael Beasley 17.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg
Alec Burks: 10.1 ppg, 3.3 apg

Team Overview

While I like the young pieces and general direction of this team I can’t see this roster being any good. Too many rookies and new players. They’d probably start Favors at Center beside Smith. Not enough shooters on this team though.

GM Grade: C+

Started off great but by neglecting free agency hard to truly grade this team. Like the Biyombo pick as him and Smith could be a lethal duo defensively one day. Love the Felton acquisition, just need to add some shooters. Solid overall.

14:

http://www.genzpad.com.nyud.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Ricky-Rubio.jpg
14: Minnesota T’wolves : 2010 Record : 17-65 : Projected 2011 Record: 27-55

Depth Chart

C Brendan Haywood/Zaza Pachulia/Nikola Pekovic
PF Kevin Love/Anthony Randolph/Anthony Tolliver
SF Derrick Williams/Jordan Hamilton
SG Wesley Johnson/Raja Bell/Wayne Ellington
PG Devin Harris/Luke Ridnour
Ricky Rubio

Stat Projections:

Derrick Williams: 14.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg
Jordan Hamilton: 5.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg
Wesley Johnson: 13.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg

Team Overview

Some definite team improvements especially with adding Haywood beside Love, however obviously this team still wouldn’t contend for anything any time soon. The starting lineup is very solid although there are some issues with Williams questionable fit as a SF and Johnson’s questionable fit as a SG. I think we could see a Love/Williams/Johnson front court and maybe a two guard rotation if Rubio is there or even with Harris and Ridnour. The bench is ok.

Although Ltgiants got some criticism from Wolves fans I like the moves made. Love the acquisition of Harris even with Rubio, the Haywood deal was a steal as well, and solid move getting Zaza as a backup big. The one gripe I have is the Draft selections although it’s a no win situation. Williams is my #1 player in the draft although I don’t love him as a SF. Still though you couldn’t go PG, so I probably would go Kanter despite not being a great fit but Williams would be my #2 option. Jordan Hamilton was a questionable pick, maybe BPA but I would have gone for a spark plug scorer like Marshon Brooks. Even Jeremy Tyler would have made sense. Solid all around though.

13:
http://www.uncoverage.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/the-maloof-brothers.jpg
13: Sacramento Kings: 2010 Record: 24-58 : Projected 2011 Record: 32-50

Depth Chart

PG: Tyreke Evans/Beno Udrih/Norris Cole/Pooh Jeter
SG: Marcus Thornton/Nolan Smith
SF: Shane Battier/Omri Cassipi
PF: Demarcus Cousins/Darnell Jackson
C: Samuel Dalembert/Jason Thompson

Stat projections:
Demarcus Cousins: 16.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg
Marcus Thornton: 14.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg
Tyreke Evans: 18.9 ppg, 6.2 apg, 5.3 rpg

Team Overview:
The roster is fairly similar to last years so I wouldn’t expect them to make a run at the playoffs but the natural progression of the young guns will definitely lead to some more wins. Having Reke for the full season would definitely help. I see a very solid year coming for Reke but more in a passing capacity. The starting lineup is actually very good and I love how Battier complements Tyreke and Thornton. My only issue with this team is the lack of a scoring 6th man as well as the lack of decent backup bigs. If Cousins is hurt or struggling it will be a massive issue.
Overall I love the moves the Kings made. Battier is a big time underrated signing. I also love not being afraid to draft Jonas. Down the line he and Cousins could be a lethal duo. I love the Norris Cole and Nolan Smith picks although it may be too much and one of those picks may have been better used on a big man like say Greg Smith. I also think retaining Thornton and Sammy D was huge although I feel both were overpaid, but at least both are worth rewarding.

12:

http://www.takethehandle.com/interactive/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Steve-Nash_0.jpg
12: Phoenix Suns: 2010 Record: 40-42: Projected 2011 Record: 37-45

Depth Chart

PG Steve Nash - Aaron Brooks - Zabian Dowdell
SG Stephen Jackson - Michael Redd - Josh Childress
SF Grant Hill - Jared Dudley
PF Channing Frye - Markieff Morris - Gani Lawal
C Marcin Gortat - Nazr Mohammed - Garret Siler

Stat Projections:

Markieff Morris: 5.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg
Stephen Jackson: 17.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg

Team Overview

I really can’t see this team competing for a playoff spot in the tough east. I’ll never count out a Steve Nash team but this team simply isn’t tough or deep enough. No low post scorers and how long can Jackson/Redd/and Hill carry the scoring load. I think by allstar break the Suns will actually be listening to inquiries on Nash no matter how much that might hurt.

I think it was a good job with the Suns but nothing great. Markieff Morris was a great value at the 19th pick. While he probably doesn’t even project to be a starter in the future he will be a solid role player who will give you consistent tough minutes. I can’t say though I’m a big fan of the Stephen Jackson trade. Yeah the suns needed help on the wings and Jackson is still a high volume scorer, but considering this team isn’t in position to challenge for a title before Nash retires I probably would have kept the young asset in Robin Lopez even if his play has digressed. Moving down in the swap also hurt as Singelton, Marcus, and Dontas all probably would have been better picks. Nazr and Redd were solid veteran signings although they kind of bid against themselves, still though I would have gone more into a rebuilding phase. Doesn’t mean you have to trade Nash but I would have tried more to acquire or sign more youthful assets.

11:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WYN1F06EOCU/TWUHqdgJCgI/AAAAAAAAAVE/iSyhxXgqY4M/s1600/stephen%2Bcurry.png
11: Golden State Warriors: 2010 Record: 36-46: Projected 2011 Record : 40-42

Depth Chart

PG: Steph Curry/Will Bynum/Terrico White
SG: Monta Ellis/Shannon Brown
SF: Dorrell Wright/Luc Ricard Mbah Moute/Austin Daye
PF: David Lee/Tristan Thompson/Yi Jialian
C: Emeka Okafor/Epke Udoh

Stat Projections:

Tristan Thompson: 5.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg
Epke Udoh, 4.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 bpg
Shannon Brown: 10.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg

Team Overview
I think this team can definitely compete. Curry and Ellis is one of the best backcourt scoring duo’s in the league. Dorrell Wright was a big time scorer last year, and inside David Lee and Okafor will be tough. Mbah Moute is a guy who will add defensive versatility. Everything though depends on the development of Udoh and Thompson. If either can give consistent minutes this squad could challenge for a playoff spot. For now they are a work in progress but have taken steps in the right direction.

I think I did an ok job. Didn’t take over for them until late so definitely not being able to trade Monta hurt as I was looking to improve the overall defense and he would have been a valuable asset. What I do think I did well is add defense. Biedrins has been absolutely useless so Okafor is a big upgrade. Also adding Tristan Thompson, Mbah Moute, and Shannon Brown definitely helps the overall profile of the team defense. Yi Jianlian, Terrico White, and Austin Daye all fit the offensive profile of the Warriors. I really think trading Charlie Bell for Will Bynum, Terrico White, and Austin Daye was a great move. Shannon Brown was also a solid signing should I ship Monta Ellis mid-season. I was really looking to move Monta for a big man and say a guy like Aaron Afflalo to match the new defensive identity of the team. All in all I think I did a solid job at putting out a team that will win some games and the development of Thompson, Udoh, and Daye could determine how soon the Warriors can take that next step.

10:

http://ology.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/greivis-vasquez2.jpg
Memphis Grizzlies: 2010 Record: 46-36: Projected 2011 Record : 41-41

Depth Chart

PG: Mike Conley Jr./Greivis Vasquez
SG: Tony Allen/OJ Mayo
SF: Rudy Cool/Xavier Henry
PF: Darrell Arthur
C: Zach Randolph/Vernon Macklin

Team Overview
Coming off of the huge playoffs and getting Rudy back this Grizzlies team will be competitive riding on their dynamic duo, however without Gasol and Sam Young they are not going to make it back to the playoffs. The big men depth is bad and starting Randolph at PF is not desirable.

Letting go of Marc Gasol is horrendous and not finding a replacement. Letting go of Sam Young, horrendous. Not keeping Haddadi, horrendous. Could have built on their current team and created something special, but neglecting this team made them horrible.

9:

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/blake-griffin-hypes-jordan-01.JPG
LA Clippers: 2010 Record : 32-50: Projected 2011 Record : 45-37

Depth Chart

PG Mo Williams / Eric Bledsoe / Willie Warren
SG Eric Gordon / Rip Hamilton / Randy Foye
SF Marvin Williams / Al Farouq-Aminu / Tyler Honeycutt
PF Blake Griffin / Brian Cook/Malcolm Thomas
C Chris Kaman / Joel Przybilla

Stat Projections:

Blake Griffin: 24.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 1.2 bpg
Marvin Williams: 9.7 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Eric Bledsoe: 10.3 ppg, 3.7 agp

Team Overview
Clippers played well to end the season and I ‘d expect them to continue that into 2011. Blake Grifin will elevate them to new levels however in the competitive West I have the Clippers missing out on the playoffs by one game. Losing Deandre Jordan hurts depth and Kaman may be traded during the season. Pryzbilla is a solid defender but you have no backup bigs who can do anything offensively. The SF position is still a big question if Aminu doesn’t develop. Marvin will give some ok minutes but he’s nothing special. Honeycutt could very well be the future SF of the team but he’s a work in progress and doesn’t project to contribute much his first year. Rip is a nice addition and the natural development of Bledsoe will help however I’d like to see a better backup SG added eventually.

Nothing drastic but solid overall. Love the draft picks of Honeycutt and Malcolm Thomas. One worrisome thing was letting Deandre Jordan walk. He got offered good money but for a young big man like that I think overpaying to retain him should have been done. He and Griffin were the future of the team. Marvin Williams was a great value, but not being able to move Foye hurts although not sure if it is realistic to find suitors.

8:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0123/nba_g_oden_300.jpg
8 : Portland Trailblazers: 2010 Record: 48-34: 2011 Record: 46-32

Depth Chart
PG: Brandon Roy/Armon Johnson/Iman Shumpert
SG: Wesley Matthews/Rudy Fernandez/Eliot Williams
SF: Gerald Wallace/Nicholas Batum
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge/Luke Babitt
C: Marcus Camby/Greg Oden/Lucas Nogueira

Stat Projections:

Lamarcus Aldridge: 24.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg
Wesley Matthews: 14.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg
Nicholas Batum: 14.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg
Gerald Wallace: 15.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg
Rudy Fernandez: 12.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg
Brandon Roy: 14.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.2 apg(58 games played)
Greg Oden: 8.2 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.1 bpg(11 games played)

Team Overview
PG is a massive issue. Roy won’t stay healthy and isn’t a real PG. Armon Johnson is inexperienced and more of a combo guard, Shumpert is more of a SG. I do expect Rudy Fernandez and Eliot Williams to get time running the point. The only reason I kept the Blazers here is they would eventually sign a veteran backup PG and I just expect Aldridge to continue to make steps into being a top big man in this league. Also Wesley Matthews and Gerald Wallace are great 2nd/3rd option defensive players, and Batum is the guy I expect to breakout. He has the tools to be an elite wing in this league and I’d expect increased minutes for him even possibly a small lineup like the Mavs have utilized, C: Dirk=Aldridge, PF: Marion=G-Force, SF=Batum, SG=Matthews, PG=Roy/Fernandez.

Sorry but horrible job. Letting Andre Miller walk and not even signing a starting backup PG is horrendous. Not drafting Darius Morris knowing you didn’t offer for Miller is even worst, worst of all it’s on a raw big man who isn’t going to contribute in the league any time soon. If you are willing to pay Oden money to stay why not Miller? This is one of those teams with some moves they could be in the top 4 but I almost dropped them out of the playoffs but the saving grace is the Aldridge+Camby front court and the great SF’s and continued great play of Wesley Matthews.

7:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/bill_griffith/03/13/3D/Chris-Paul.jpg
7: New Orleans Hornets: 2010 Record: 46-36: 2011 Projected Record: 47-35

Depth Chart

PG: Chris Paul / Jarrett Jack
SG: Mickael Pietrus / Anthony Parker / E'Twaun Moore
SF: Trevor Ariza / Corey Brewer
PF: Paul Millsap / Jason Maxiell / Louis Admundson
C: Chuck Hayes / Chris Wilcox / Darko Millicic / Greg Smith

Stat Predictions:

Paul Millsap: 18.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg
Chuck Hayes: 8.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg
Chris Paul: 19.4 ppg, 10.4 apg, 2.7 spg

Team Overview
This is most definitely playoff team, any team lead by a healthy CP3 is. I definitely see a bounce back year for Paul, maybe not to his greatness of a few years ago but against the Lakers he showed that he is still the best PG in the NBA when he is in it physically and mentally. On the perimeter with Paul, Pietrus, Parker, Ariza, and Brewer they have the ability and bodies to guard just about any perimeter player in the league. Jarrett Jack is a very steady backup PG and if Moore makes the active roster he could add a scoring punch. For the front line Millsap is the man. He’s such an underrated basketball player. Incredibly efficient on the offensive end, has extended his shooting range, and is still that great rebounder which made him one of the best in the college game the past 15 years. Hayes is a guy with so much heart. Undersized and has the most horrific free throw you will ever see(makes Marion look like Dirk), but he always manages to grab boards and keep position in the post. Amundson, Wilcox, and Maxiel sometimes are all good energy guys. Also Darko isn’t nearly as bad as he’s portrayed. As a backup he’s decent, an underrated passer. The two most pressing issues for this team is the lack of a shooter. All great defenders, all inconsistent shooters. Also they are smallish inside and lack a true post player other than maybe Millsap.

Love the moves made especially the trade for Millsap. Getting Pietrus for the TPE was as solid move, and love the signings of vets like Anthony Parker and Chuck Hayes. Solid draft with 2 2nd rounders in Moore and Smith who has a ton of raw potential. Also got rid of Okafor’s contract and have a nice financial future.

6:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lew7xeqnfi1qfr69qo1_500.jpg
6: San Antonio Spurs: 2010 Record: 61-21: Projected 2011 Record: 49-29

Depth Chart

PG: Brandon Jennings - George Hill
SG: Gary Neal - Manu Ginobili -
SF: Richard Jefferson - James Salmons - Ersan Ilyasova
PF: Tim Duncan - DeJuan Blair - Matt Bonner - Jon Leuer
C: Antonio McDyess - Tiago Splitter - JaJuan Johnson

Stat Projections:
Brandon Jennings: 14.9 ppg, 6.1 apg
George Hill: 12.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.2 apg
Gary Neal: 11.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg
Manu Ginobili: 16.9 ppg, 3.9 apg, 4.1 rpg(70 games played)
Tim Duncan: 13.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg

Team Overview
This team is definitely a mixed bag. You have ring chasers in Duncan, Manu, Jefferson, Salmons and Antonio, then young up and comers like Jennings, Blair, and Hill. This roster is definitely talented enough to grab a top 4 seed, but I think their regular season will have some bumps as they grow together. Losing Parker in terms of the team aspect definitely hurts some team chemistry and fluidity. The team will need to take time to settle into Jennings style of play and sometimes questionable shot selection. Early on I actually expect George Hill to log major minutes and be in there at the end of games. I worry about that starting front line as Duncan and Antonio are old and digressing. I expect Blair to step into an increased role but beyond that Bonner is just a situational shooter, Splitter isn’t great, and the rookies will struggle to get playing time. I do love the defense and at times scoring Salmons brings. All in all I see a fairly successful but uneven regular season. This just doesn’t seem like the type of roster that will challenge for a #1 playoff seed.

Love some of the moves made for the future. I like the Parker trade. Losing him hurts and he is still pretty young but Jennings is a super talented guy if he can harness his skills and is a definite piece for the future. Salmons is an overlooked piece who had a bad shooting year but he brings defense and is a capable scorer. Illyasova could be a surprise guy in this deal with his shooting ability. Solid draft as well, Leuer probably eventually replaces Bonner and Johnson brings some nice length. No free agent signings however where I think the MLE could have brought a veteran big man which would have helped the team this year.

5:

http://images.chron.com/photos/2008/04/26/11038726/311xInlineGallery.jpg
5: Houston Rockets: 2011 Record: 43-39: Projected 2011 Record: 50-32

Depth Chart

PG: Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic
SG: Courtney Lee/Terrence Williams
SF: Danny Granger/Kawhi Leonard/James Posey
PF: Luis Scola/Patrick Patterson
C: Jeff Foster/Aaron Gray/Boris Diaw

Inactive:
PG: Reggie Jackson
PF: Jordan Hill
C: Yao Ming
This is just a tentative depth chart BTW, Hill and Patterson will have a nice battle for an active roster spot, and with injuries very possible both make it. Reggie Jackson could easily make the active squad if there is an injury or strong D-league and practice play. Also obviously Yao is the starter if he’s there but I won’t make any assumptions that he will ever play again unfortunately.

Stat Projections:
Danny Granger: 25.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg
Kawhi Leonard: 6.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg
Luis Scola: 19.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg

Team Overview
This is a very good team. Kyle Lowry really stepped up last year and the Rockets additionally are incredibly high on Dragic and if he can return to form he could even grab that PG spot. What makes this team special is its perimeter defense. With Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams, Kawhi Leonard, and James Posey they have an incredible perimeter D rotation. Luis Scola might be the most underrated big man in the league. He is an all star caliber big man. While neither Foster nor Gray can score they are very solid big man defenders. Diaw if he can keep his weight in check is a solid and versatile player.

Love the moves made. Got a go to scorer in Granger and built a defensive team around him. I think their size can keep them up with the top West teams. Love the Reggie Jackson pick although I can’t see him being an immediate contributor. Kawhi off the bench is a great pick as well. Only thing this team is missing is another skilled post player and a shooter outside of Granger.

4:

http://thelihk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/danilo-gallinari-.asp5557img1.jpg
4: Denver Nuggets: 2010 Record: 50-32: Projected 2011 Record: 53-29

Depth Chart

PG: Ty Lawson/Darius Morris
SG: Wilson Chandler/Aaron Afflalo
SF: Danilo Gallinari/Sam Young/Al Thornton
PF: David West/Al Harrington
C: Nene/Chris Anderson/Timofey Mozgov

Reserve:
Kosta Koufus

Stat Projections:

David West: 17.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg
Nene: 14.2 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.3 bpg
Wilson Chandler: 15.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Ty Lawson: 12.3 ppg, 6.8 apg
Danilo Gallinari: 14.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Aaron Afflalo: 11.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg
Darius Morris: 4.1 ppg, 4.3 apg

Team Overview
A very good ball club, definitely an upgrade form last year’s roster. I definitely like sliding Gallo to SF, although personally I’d have Gallo as 6th man for the SF and PF slots and have Afflalo starting with Chandler who isn’t a natural SG fit. Regardless he has played SG throughout his career at times so having a premier defender/spot up shooter in Afflalo is a huge asset. David West really is the perfect complement to Nene and forms a great front court duo. Chris Anderson of course is instant energy and defense. The success will lie on if Ty Lawson can play consistent and if Darius Morris can step in and give solid minutes. While his jump shot is a work in progress I do believe Morris is a good enough passer to be a steady backup even as a rookie.

GM Grade:A
I love the job done by the Nuggets. Retaining Nene and acquiring David West to me already bumps this to an A. Sam Young is a huge time underrated signing, and Al Thornton can give you instant offense. This team can contend for a title. The only critique I could give is I would try to package Gallo+future picks for maybe a PG or SG.

3:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/06/13/alg_mavs_trophy_dirk_kidd.jpg
3: Dallas Mavericks: 2010 Record: 57-25: 2011 Record: 54-28

Depth Chart
PG: Andre Miller / Jose Calderon
SG: Ben Gordon / Rodrique Beaubois
SF: Nick Young / Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki / Hakim Warrick / Justin Harper
C: Tyson Chandler / Nenad Krstic / David Andersen

Inactives:
SG: Dominique Jones
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Ian Mahinmi

Stat Projections:

Andre Miller: 11.9 ppg, 6.8 apg
Nick Young: 15.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg
Dirk Nowitzki: 23.7 ppg, 7.2 rpg
Justin Harper: 7.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg

Team Overview
This Dallas team is a lot more explosive offensively now. Miller and Calderon is a good PG duo. Ben Gordon and Nick Young can absolutely fill it up. Defensively though both are poor. I do expect Roddy Beaubois to have a good season.

Maybe it’s just personal preference but not a huge fan of the Mavs moves, obviously didn’t know they were going to win the title but making these many moves after winning the championship I think was a mistake. While you want to get younger and more talented with Dirk getting older I don’t think this was the time to start making drastic moves. I think you have 3 years left of Dirk prime so you should have just built a team of veterans to give yourself the best chance of winning now. I am a fan of the talent added but making moves like this requires ordinarily a team to at least a year-2 adjust period something I’m not sure the Mavs can afford. I will say though that if they do play together this team does have the talent to win another title. I just think trading Kidd+Terry+Haywood, and letting go of Stevenson and Butler just kills team chemistry. One thing I will say is I love the draft picks. Jimmy Butler was a steal and could find himself on the active roster because of his defending ability. Justin Harper brings versatility and offensive skill. I love the players they got but I just feel like Gordon and Nick Young kills team chemistry and defense. I would have just kept Barrea, Butler, Kidd, Stevenson, and Terry and make the two draft picks.

2:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zvhq9trr4gI/TQuRFXE2aeI/AAAAAAAABuI/4Wkk5W4oYJc/s1600/Kobe-Gasol.jpg
2: LA Lakers: 2010 Record: 57-25: Projected 2011 Record: 59-23

Depth Chart

PG Derrek Fisher/Steve Blake
SG Kobe Bryant/Malcolm Lee
SF Ron Artest/Matt Barnes/Devin Ebanks
PF Pau Gasol/LaMar Odom/Derrick Caracter
C Andrew Bynum/Kurt Thomas

Inactive:
PG Cory Joseph
SF: Kyle Singler
SF: Luke Walton
Own rights to Giorgi Shermadini

Stat Projections:

Kobe Bryant: 26.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.5 apg
Malcolm Lee: 4.8 ppg, .9 spg
Andrew Bynum: 14.8 ppg, 9.1 rpg(70 games played)
Pau Gasol: 18.4 ppg, 9.5 rpg
Lamar Odom: 13.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.5 apg

Team Overview
The Lakers will most definitely be back next year. I feel like they kind of burned out this year and lost the desire for a title having won 2 in a row. I believe that they will be motivated again next year. In Lakers fashion they will have up and down runs throughout the season but I expect them to be clicking come playoff time. Malcolm Lee should fill in nice for Shannon Brown although there will definitely be an adjustment period for him. Needs to work on his shooting. The issues that may plague this team is the mediocre PG play once again which could be even worse next year, also I think Artest will continue to underachieve offensively, and they do lack a bit of offense in the front court off the bench but that’s nothing new.

Ok job nothing special, didn’t add that much. The draft definitely carries this grade because Lee, Joseph, and Singler are all nice picks. Wouldn’t shock me if all 3 are on the active roster at some point in the season. I do however think that Shannon Brown should have been retained, also not getting a quality at least backup point guard I think was a mistake. Kurt Thomas is a solid playoff signing though.

1:

http://orlandonewscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1303973118-94.jpg
1: Oklahoma City Thunder: 2010 Record: 55-27: Projected 2011 Record: 60-22

Depth Chart

PG: Russell Westbrook/Eric Maynor
SG: Thabo Sefolosha/James Harden/Daequan Cook
SF: Kevin Durant/James Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka/Jordan Williams/Nick Collison
C: Kendrick Perkins/Cole Aldrich

Inactive: BJ Mullens

Stat Projections:

Russell Westbrook: 18.9 ppg, 9.1 apg, 4.5 rpg
Eric Maynor: 7.1 ppg, 3.3 apg
Kevin Durant: 32.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.4 apg
James Harden: 15.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.3 apg
Serge Ibaka: 9.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.7 bpg
Kendrick Perkins: 7.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg
Jordan Williams: 5.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg

Team Overview
The Thunder were so close this year I really feel like next year they will come back with a vengeance. People make so much of the KD/Westbrook situation but IMO it was just playoff nerves. Westbrook is still one of the biggest matchup nightmares in the league. I see Westbrook being a lot less aggressive next year and playing more within himself. I think Durant will be more efficient next year and take the scoring title. Harden will take a big step up. My only issue with this squad is the lack of post offense. Ibaka shows some potential but likely nothing consistent. I actually think Jordan Williams will have an impact offensively. Nick Collison obviously will have a big time playoff role with his defensive versatility. That backup center spot is weak though.

Solid moves. Jordan Williams was a great pick. Gives some soft touch around the basket and another strong rebounder, James Jones is a very underrated signing and gives another guy who can knock down shots. Something they lacked in the playoffs when the offense became stagnant.

Season Awards
Coming Soon...

Playoffs

Round 1:

Eastern Conference

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_newJerseyNets.gif
(8) New Jersey Nets

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_miamiHeat.gif
(1)Miami Heat
Miami wins series in 5: While I have Miami winning in five I think the first four games will be tightly contested with the Nets taking one of their home games. There is no doubt that Deron and Lopez pose problems for the Heat, however I believe Joel Anthony can do enough to limit Lopez in the post. Additionally I believe when they switch Dwade to defend Deron he will do alright. The fact is the Nets have no defensive match for Bron and Wade. Wade especially is going to have a field day.
-----------------------------------------------
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_atlantaHawks2.gif
(5)Atlanta Hawks

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_orlandoMagic.gif
(4) Orlando Magic
Orlando wins series in 6: In a tightly contested series I have Orlando winning all of their home games to close it out in 4. There is no doubt that the Hawks pose several problems for the Magic. Teague is simply far too quick for Arenas and even Farmar. He will get to any spot on the floor whenever he wants. Joe Johnson will be able to post up JJ Redick and JR Smith. Boozer will likely struggle with Horford and Crawford is a huge spark off the bench. In the end however I foresee the Magic adjusting and figuring out the Hawks. They will likely play Butler and Maggette together in order to deal with the physicality of Joe Johnson. They will bench Arenas for most of the series in favor of Farmar who has a better chance of staying in front of Teague. Howard will limit Al Jefferson in the post big time. In the end the Hawks biggest issue will be the inability to guard Dwight Howard. Without Jason Collins Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, and Faried will all struggle to keep him down.
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_newYorkKnicks.gif
(7) New York Knicks

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_chicagoBulls.gif
(2) Chicago Bulls
Chicago wins series in 4: This is just a horrible matchup for the Knicks considering they made no major improvements. The Bulls are a team built to stifle and shut down the Knicks. Deng will be able to give Melo all sorts of fits, while Gibson and Noah have the ability to make it a long series for Stat. In the end the combination of the Bulls being able to shut down the Knicks overly reliant on 2 stars offense, and Billups being unable to stop Rose from getting off will lead to a quick and easy series for Chicago.
---------------------------------------------
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_indianaPacers.gif
(6) Indiana Pacers

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_bostonCeltics.gif
(3) Boston Celtics
Pacers win series in 7: In the huge upset in the first round I have the Celtics going down to the upstart Pacers. I just feel the Pacers are too young and hungry for the Celtics despite their improved team and playoff experience. I think the biggest factor in this series is Andre Iguodala. I feel he has the tools to slow down Pierce big time, and we all know how slowing down Pierce is the key to stopping the Celtics. Cal Landry has the length and athleticism to stay with KG and I feel the biggest mismatch is Hibbert being guarded by Jermaine O’neal I see him having a big series. Another key matchup I believe will be the battle of the SG’s. I think Ray Allen’s age will show in this while Kevin Martin will emerge as a premier scorer. Defensively Collison has the quickness to keep Rondo out of the lane and somewhat limit his effectiveness.

Western Conference

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_portlandTrailblazers.gif
(8) Portland Trailblazers

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/iajsn/Icon--OKC-Thunder.gif
(1) Oklahoma City Thunder
OKC series in 4 games: I just don’t think Portland is a match for OKC. Brandon Roy, Armon Johnson, and Rudy Fernandez having to guard Westbrook is an absolute mess. Westbrook is going to average well over 30 in this round. Also a big key is Ibaka’s length on Aldridge. Ibaka got killed by Dirk when Dirk put it on the floor but since that is still a developing skill for LA the combination of him and Collison on him I think will be key. In the end I just don’t think the Blazers have the offensive firepower to keep up with OKC. I think G-force can limit KD, and Batum can do an admirable job on Harden but the Westbrook dynamic is too overpowering for the Thunder.
------------------------------------------------
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_houstonRockets.gif
(5) Houston Rockets

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_denverNuggets.gif
(4) Denver Nuggets
Denver wins series in 6 games: This will be a tough series for Denver because as I stated the Rockets have the defense to give anyone fits. The deciding factor for me is the Rockets will lack that 2nd perimeter scorer. Beyond Granger I don’t see that guy who can exploit the Nuggets on the perimeter. The Nuggets just have too many weapons on offense. On the interior Nene, West, Harrington, Anderson, and Mozgov will be too strong inside for the Rockets.
-------------------------------------------------
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_newOrleans-oklahomaCityHornets.gif
(7) New Orleans Hornets

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_losAngelesLakers.gif
(2) Los Angeles Lakers
Lakers win series in 5 games: While I do like this Hornets squad I just don’t think they are a match for LA’s size. Defensively Pietrus and Ariza will do a nice job on Kobe, also Malcolm Lee a rookie might be the Lakers best option on Paul, however the Gasol, Bynum, and Odom trio will be just far too big and skilled for Millsap and Chuck Hayes to handle.
----------------------------------------------------
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_sanAntonioSpurs.gif
(6) San Antonio Spurs

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_dallasMavericks.gif
(3) Dallas Mavericks
Dallas wins series in 6: This is going to be a good old Texas shootout. This will be an incredibly high scoring series. The Mavericks are not as good defensively as this past year however they are more explosive, and when everything is said and done the Spurs simply have no one who can slow down Dirk. I think Brandon Jennings will be schooled by the savvy of Andre Miller and Calderon and will likely get posted up a ton. Ben Gordon and Gary Neal is a wash.

Conference Semi-Finals
http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_miamiHeat.gif
(1)Miami Heat

vs.

(4) Orlando Magic

Starting 5:

Miami/Orlando

Mike Bibby vs. Gilbert Arenas
Dwayne Wade vs. J.R. Smith
LeBron James vs. Caron Butler
Chris Bosh vs. Carlos Boozer
Joel Anthony vs. Dwight Howard

Benches:

Eddie House vs. Jordan Farmar
Shelvin Mack vs. J.J. Reddick
Mike Miller vs. Corey Maggette
Zydrunas Ilgauskus vs. Charlie Villanueva

Xfactors Udonis Haslem vs. Keith Bogans

Orlando wins series in 7 games: Big time upset here. If you look at the matchups they probably favor Miami but one word, Dwight Howard. Who in the world is going to stop Dwight. Joel Anthony and Ilgauskus first of all can’t guard him but once they get in foul trouble you then have Bosh, Haslem, and possibly even LeBron guarding Howard. Dwight is going to get his 30+ a game much like this years series vs. Atlanta who had more big bodies. The difference with this years Magic roster is they have scorers who can create for themselves in JR Smith, Corey Maggette, Caron Butler, and Charlie V. I simply feel the Magic are too deep and dynamic for Orlando. Caron Butler has always been tough on LeBron, add to that having Howard protect the rim and Miami is in trouble. Bogans will disrupt Dwade somewhat, Bosh vs. Boozer and Bibby vs. Arenas is a wash, although if he played like he did in the playhoffs Bibby could have trouble keeping Arenas out of the lane.

--------------------------------------------------------

(2) Chicago Bulls

vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_indianaPacers.gif
(6) Indiana Pacers

Starting 5:

Chicago/Indiana

Derrick Rose vs. Darren Collison
Jason Richardson vs. Kevin Martin
Luol Deng vs. Andre Iguodala
Taj Gibson vs. Carl Landry
Joakim Noah vs. Roy Hibbert

Benches:

Chris Duhon vs. AJ Price
Quentin Richardson vs. Brandon Rush
Kyle Korver vs. Chase Budinger
Ryan Anderson vs. Andrei Kirilenko
Omer Asik vs. Brad Miller

X Factors:
Ronnie Brewer vs. Dahntay Jones

Chicago wins series in 6 games
There’s no doubt that Indiana has an impressive team which will be a tough series for Chicago, but I just think Chicago is too experienced and has the best player on the court. Luol Deng and Iguodala is basically a wash. Neither will be offensive threats against each other. Gibson vs. Landry is basically a wash. Gibson can guard Landry and he doesn’t even look to be assertive on offense so it’s not a huge issue. Noah will contain Hibbert. The biggest issue is the Rose x factor. Collison has the quickness to stay in front of him no doubt but Rose is just too strong and vertically explosive to handle Rose. Chicago’s bench is also definitely deeper and better. Richardson, Korver, and Anderson can stretch the floor while Asik and Brewer are great defenders. I just don’t see Indiana’s bench being able to produce enough points to match the Bulls.

http://mmii.info/icons/iajsn/Icon--OKC-Thunder.gif
(1) Oklahoma City Thunder

vs.

(4) Denver Nuggets

Starting 5’s:

Russell Westbrook vs. Ty Lawson
Thabo Sefelosha vs. Wilson Chandler
Kevin Durant vs. Danilo Gallinari
Serge Ibaka vs. David West
Kendrick Perkins vs. Nene

Eric Maynor vs. Darius Morris
James Harden vs. Aaron Afflalo
James Jones vs. Al Thornton
Jordan Williams vs. Al Harrington
Nick Collison vs. Chris Anderson
Cole Aldrich vs. Timofey Mozgov

X-Factors
Daequan Cook vs. Sam Young

Denver wins series in 7 games
This series is going to be an epic heavyweight slug fest. Obviously everything starts with KD. He is going to get his but I can really envision him struggling with efficiency this series. Between Sam Young, Aaron Afflalo, and Wilson Chandler I think they have the length to disrupt him. When Harden is in I envision the Nuggets going with a lineup of Afflalo on Harden and Chandler on Durant. Gallinari can handle Ibaka because Ibaka isn’t developed enough to power him down. I think Nene has a distinct advantage on Perkins. The other two key matchups are David West and Ibaka as well as Westbrook vs. Lawson. As far as West vs. Ibaka, West is more adept than Aldridge at putting the ball on the floor so I can see him using his whole array of moves to get past Ibaka to the point that Collison will need to be in there. As far as Westbrook vs. Lawson, Lawson has the quickness to stay in front of him and strength to hold his ground. Westbrook can get a shot over him whenever he wants so I think Westbrook’s inability to effectively knock down shots will lead to their eventual loss. Lawson has the speed to stop the fast breaks. Gallo vs. Durant is a very interesting matchup as well. I just feel like Denver is too big inside(West, Nene, Anderson, Mozgov, Harrington) while having too much fire power(Gallo, Chandler, Thornton). Plus Afflalo is one of the top perimeter defenders in the league and can knock down shots. Sam Young’s defense on KD though will be key.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Los Angeles Lakers

Vs.

http://mmii.info/icons/SportsIcon/basketball_dallasMavericks.gif
(3) Dallas Mavericks

Staring 5

Derek Fisher vs. Andre Miller
Kobe Bryant vs. Ben Gordon
Ron Artest vs. Nick Young
Pau Gasol vs. Dirk Nowitzki
Andrew Bynum vs. Tyson Chandler

Bench:

Steve Blake vs. Jose Calderon
Malcolm Lee vs. Roddy Beaubois
Matt Barnes vs. Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom vs. Hakim Warrick
Kurt Thomas vs. Nenad Kristic

LA Lakers win series in 6 games:
It’s unfortunate Dallas made so many changes to the championship team because while they swept LA last year I don’t feel the re-tooled Mavs can contend with the veteran Lakers especially with LA having home court. The most glaring issue is what to do with Ben Gordon and Nick Young. Gordon can’t guard Kobe, and Artest would back down Young at will. If you move Marion in to negate Artest, then Kobe would still abuse Nick Young. If you put Marion on Kobe than again Artest would just back down Gordon or Roddy Beaubois. In this situation I suppose the best thing to do is put Warrick on Artest even if he isn’t the most comfortable on the perimeter and I can’t see giving a rookie like Harper important minutes. On the interior obviously Pau will struggle with Dirk but really when Chandler is out of this game as he always gets in foul trouble the Lakers will just dominate the boards with Odom, Bynum, and Gasol. Overall I feel like this is just a bad matchup for the Mavs. Non one beyond Marion can guard the perimeter and the Mavs are week inside depth wise. I also expect Kobe and Pau to play on a tear after last years embarassment.

Conference Finals

(4) Orlando Magic

vs.

(2) Chicago Bulls

Staring 5:

Gilbert Arenas vs. Derrick Rose
J.R. Smith vs. Jason Richardson
Caron Butler vs. Luol Deng
Carlos Boozer vs. Taj Gibson
Dwight Howard vs. Joakim Noah

Jordan Farmar vs. Chris Duhon
J.J. Reddick vs. Kyle Korver
Corey Maggette vs. Ronnie Brewer
Charlie Villanueva vs. Ryan Anderson

Chicago Wins series in 6 games
Derrick Rose will win this series for Chicago. Smith and Richardson is a wash, Butler will be limited by Deng, Gibson is just quicker and longer than Boozer right now, Noah and Asik will limit Dwight Howard to an extent. The biggest issue here is how Arenas or Farmar can limit Rose, they simply can’t. Chicago is just too strong with perimeter defense and Noah and Asik will do their best up against Howard.

(4) Denver Nuggets

Vs.

(2) Los Angeles Lakers

Staring 5:

Ty Lawson vs. Derek Fisher
Wilson Chandler vs. Kobe Bryant
Danilo Gallinari vs. Ron Artest
David West vs. Pau Gasol
Nene vs. Andrew Bynum

Darius Morris vs. Steve Blake
Aaron Afflalo vs. Malcolm Lee
Al Thornton vs. Matt Barnes
Sam Young vs. Devin Ebanks
Chris Anderson vs. Lamar Odom
Timofey Mozgov vs. Kurt Thomas

Denver wins series in 6 games
LA has finally hit a bad matchup and this is where their 2012 campaign ends. Firstly Ty Lawson will give Fisher and Blake fits. They simply won’t be able to stay in front of him. As far as Kobe, the Nuggets just have so many bodies to run at him. From Wilson Chandler to Sam Young, but the guy who can really stop Kobe is Afflalo. Defensively Artest will have his hands full both with Gallo and Chandler who have quickness advantages on him. Gasol will need to be huge in this series but if West struggle defending him I think Chris Anderson could definitely hold him down. As far as the centers Nene vs. Bynum is a wash. I just feel like the Nuggets have matchup advantages everywhere.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Feel free to comment below:

LTgiants
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I figured I had Minny to be more like a 9-11 team so a little disappointed in 14.

prock
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I like Williams, but I don't think he is quick enough to guard 3's and Wes is not quick enough to guard 2's. I love the Haywood deal, and getting Harris was fine too, but that line up still is just way too awkward. I would have tried to trade down from #2. Hamilton didn't make much sense at all. The best way to build a good basketball team is to draft good players, and when you are bad as the Wolves are, BPA is a good strategy most of the time. But when your entire team is made up of 3's and 4's, it doesn't do you any good, especially defensively when they have to play out of position.

LTgiants
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I tried there was no deal to be made. Nobody seemed to want to trade up to #2. I did what I could I felt I made good trades that helped the Wolves and added the most talented players I could out of the draft.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
4 more added.

fenikz
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
no way in hell is that Suns team worse replacing Vince Carter with anything with a pulse would of got us into the playoffs

nobodyinparticular
06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I will absolutely agree that I overpaid for Marcus Thornton. I fully intended to spend much less than what I paid for Thornton, but I had a really dumb moment when I sent in my FA bid at 3:30 am and copied/pasted Dalembert's bid in with it.

For Dally-Bear, I would say I overpaid in this market. Obviously. The only other offer was like 2 years/$4 million. Going into the bidding, however, I was expecting to see the market play more to the NBA of today, and I fully expect Sammy to make between $8 and $10 million this offseason. I went the high route because I wanted to ensure that I kept him as a key veteran and vital part of this team.

All in all, I have no qualms with your grades or your projections for the Kings. I actually rather appreciate the B+ grade you gave me. There were a lot of trades that I tried to make that never came to fruition, but in the marketplace that I was playing, I feel good about the moves I made. I added a little future value to the Kings by opening up Garcia's/Greene's cap space for a future 1st, I got the 3 guys I wanted/needed in free agency (really wanted Iggy in a trade but that didn't work...) and I feel I nabbed 3 dang good draft picks.

D-Unit
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
WAAAAAY better than any grading on a forum mock than I have ever seen! This is over the top!!! Way to go STRIP! I'm in shock and awe...

Wooohoo!

fenikz
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
37+55=92 games also :p

LTgiants
06-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Would you prefer he take away the 10 from the win column LOL

SeanTaylorRIP
06-11-2011, 09:40 PM
haha fixed, Math is bad. I'll have another 8-10 up tomorrow.

Brodeur
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
C+ is way too high for Utah, that team is a disaster.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I like the draft picks although some of the trades had no direction. I'm not too harsh though.

Brodeur
06-12-2011, 02:26 PM
You should be harsher.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I may but you should just assume that if I gave you below a B that means you didn't do good.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Teams 11-9 in both conferences have been added, playoff teams start being added tomorrow, should have everything up soon.

Brodeur
06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
What the hell is a DaRel Arthur?

fenikz
06-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Ya Suns are way better than those 3 teams, you suck strip

scottyboy
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
hooray being a playoff team!

Docta
06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
I picked both #1 seeds, so I didn't really give myself any room to improve. Funny thing is, that they both have more needs than most of these other playoff teams do. Especially the Bulls.

And if you include in their coaches, then the Suns would definitely do better than the Warriors. But if they all are given replacement-level coaches, then the Suns wouldn't be as good. Steve Nash is regressing, and can still play, but even he couldn't turn that mediocre lineup into a playoff team.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I picked both #1 seeds, so I didn't really give myself any room to improve. Funny thing is, that they both have more needs than most of these other playoff teams do. Especially the Bulls.

And if you include in their coaches, then the Suns would definitely do better than the Warriors. But if they all are given replacement-level coaches, then the Suns wouldn't be as good. Steve Nash is regressing, and can still play, but even he couldn't turn that mediocre lineup into a playoff team.

I'd probably still give the Warriors the edge. Guys like Nash, Stephen Jackson, Grant Hill are all regressing. Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Dorrell Wright, Udoh, Tristan Thompson are all improving. Then you have solid NBA contributors like David Lee, Emeka Okafor, Shannon Brown, and Mbah Moute. I just see the Warriors being little more balanced, explosive, and youthful. I don't trust Mark Jackson either but they played zero defense last year, I think they'd at least make some improvements.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Added 6 more and started on the playoff brackets, I already have the results determined btw so your posts don't sway me one way. May add some more later today.

diabsoule
06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm definitely fine with a 7 seed for the Hornets. I made a concerted effort to bring in solid defenders since that seems to be what Monty Williams wants to do. The biggest goal, though, was to clear cap space and create room to re-sign CP3, which I did.

Brodeur
06-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't think Kirilenko is necessarily past his prime, as his value will be maximized by being a backup 3/4. But thank you sir.

D-Unit
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Love the build up for suspense!!! Great job, great reads STRIP!

scottyboy
06-13-2011, 06:10 PM
yay nets! yay 8 seed! yay kim's ass!
and i tried getting a star with D-Will but i've got some big expirings and Dwight said he's testing free agency :)

Brodeur
06-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I think the Pacers are better than the Hawks.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I think the Pacers are better than the Hawks.

Joe Johnson+Al Horford+Jamal Crawford have all played together for a long time, the first two allstars with Horford being moved to PF. Add to that trio the development of Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, Tayshaun Prince, Martell Webster, TJ Ford, and Kenneth Faried and yeah I think the Hawks are better. I stated it in the explanation but no perimeter shooting will hurt your team.

LTgiants
06-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I am happy with my grade for Houston.

Brodeur
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Joe Johnson+Al Horford+Jamal Crawford have all played together for a long time, the first two allstars with Horford being moved to PF. Add to that trio the development of Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, Tayshaun Prince, Martell Webster, TJ Ford, and Kenneth Faried and yeah I think the Hawks are better. I stated it in the explanation but no perimeter shooting will hurt your team.

Kevin Martin, Brandon Rush, and Collison are all good three point shooters while Price, Budinger, McRoberts, Kirilenko, and Stephenson are capable three point shooters. Don't know how this constitutes a lack of perimeter shooting.

diabsoule
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I was wanting to keep Barea for Dallas but my FA bid was lost in someone's inbox.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Kevin Martin, Brandon Rush, and Collison are all good three point shooters while Price, Budinger, McRoberts, Kirilenko, and Stephenson are capable three point shooters. Don't know how this constitutes a lack of perimeter shooting.

I'll give you Rush even if he's lazy as hell. Collison is an ok shooter. But c'mon don't reach that hard and say Lance Stephenson and Josh McRoberts can hit outside shots consitently. Kirlenko has always been a poor outside shooter. Sure anyone in the league can hit a 3 at any given moment but it's about consistency. The Bulls struggled with perimeter shooting although you can say Bogans, Korver, and Brewer are all capable of hitting an oustide shot. If you want to reach like that than I can say Travis Outlaw and Tayshaun Prince are capable outside shooters.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Playoff Brackets set, tomorrow I post season awards and first round of playoffs.

May post 2nd round, depends.

Docta
06-14-2011, 11:09 PM
James Jones isn't really a blow for the Heat. Didn't even play in the last 2 series due to his terrible defense. And there's no way that Heat team can do better than that Bulls team, because...

1. They don't even have enough players to qualify.
2. They lost 2 of their outside shooters, so the Bulls could focus more on LeBron + Wade.
3. Bulls get 2.5 (Anderson's the .5) new outside shooters. Don't have to rely on just Korver.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-14-2011, 11:33 PM
James Jones isn't really a blow for the Heat. Didn't even play in the last 2 series due to his terrible defense. And there's no way that Heat team can do better than that Bulls team, because...

2. lost 2 of their outside shooters, so the Bulls could focus more on LeBron + Wade.
3. Bulls get 2.5 (Anderson's the .5) new outside shooters. Don't have to rely on just Korver.

Contradicts your first statement-and they add two shooters in Mike Miller who was never healthy and Shelvin Mack, Bulls do lose offense in Boozer, and finally none of that matters, Bosh, Wade, and James can win 50 regular season games on their own. Having a healthy Haslem and Mike Miller definitely makes up for the games they lost this year. Also obviously they would have another player on roster but that's irrelevant because they wouldn't be a huge contributor.

WMD
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
STRIP rules. I'm glad he has such a boring job.

Docta
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Contradicts your first statement-and they add two shooters in Mike Miller who was never healthy and Shelvin Mack, Bulls do lose offense in Boozer, and finally none of that matters, Bosh, Wade, and James can win 50 regular season games on their own. Having a healthy Haslem and Mike Miller definitely makes up for the games they lost this year. Also obviously they would have another player on roster but that's irrelevant because they wouldn't be a huge contributor.
Mack shot 35% from 3-point range in his last year of college. It's not gonna get better in the NBA. College game doesn't always translate to the NBA. Miller has lost his touch since his thumb injury. It would be harder for the Heat to defend Rose, since they just couldn't put LeBron on him all the time. The Finals gave the league a blueprint on how to play them.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
You realize you are arguing regular season standings, how many times do they even face each other during the regular season? Geez wait for the playoff results before you start arguing.

diabsoule
06-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing how the Mavs and Hornets do. If that Mavs team gels they could be very dangerous. They have a lot more weapons than they did in this playoff run to take the pressure off of Dirk.

Docta
06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
You realize you are arguing regular season standings, how many times do they even face each other during the regular season? Geez wait for the playoff results before you start arguing.
The regular season are their playoffs ever since MJ left.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-15-2011, 12:15 AM
The regular season are their playoffs ever since MJ left.

I don't even know what you mean by that. The Regular season has become boring and a formality. The top overall seed has only won the championship twice in the past 12 years. Not sure I understand your statement.

Docta
06-15-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't even know what you mean by that. The Regular season has become boring and a formality. The top overall seed has only won the championship twice in the past 12 years. Not sure I understand your statement.
It was just a joke. The teams they had after the MJ era were horrendous. Then D-Rose came along.

scottyboy
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I can't wait until the Nets upset the Heat in the 1st round! Damion James will be all like "I'm a defensive superstar" and punk Lebron. Dwill will dominate Bibby, Bropez will score 30+ ppg against them, Humphries will say mean things to Bosh, who will then cry and Morrow will...well ok DWade will score lots of points but that's it!

yodabear
06-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Haha! Hey I couldn't do much. With the players I have I am already 10M over the salary cap. But I am not trading the Big 3. And I am the one seed. And I am not gonna win the NBA Finals. I know that cuz the dude writing it hates the Heat. Everyone does. And I am not Pat Reilly. So there. And we'd beat the Bulls. We beat everyone in the East. Just not sure if we can beat the West.

yodabear
06-15-2011, 11:50 PM

2. They lost 2 of their outside shooters, so the Bulls could focus more on LeBron + Wade.

OK.....I am not gonna win cuz I didn't sign some useless 12th player I'll never use. If Jones isn't a loss, then how is number 2 even a point. And we still have Miller. Miller is Chalmers and Jones. All 3 of them did the same thing. Plus House can too. And then #3, I still have Wade and James and that is all.

Docta
06-16-2011, 03:47 AM
OK.....I am not gonna win cuz I didn't sign some useless 12th player I'll never use. If Jones isn't a loss, then how is number 2 even a point. And we still have Miller. Miller is Chalmers and Jones. All 3 of them did the same thing. Plus House can too. And then #3, I still have Wade and James and that is all.
You can't just rely on one outside shooter (Bulls this year are a good example). He'd get double the minutes, which he wouldn't be able to handle. Playing so much will run down LeBron and Wade. They'll have to pick it up extra now they lost a lot of pieces. LeBron even said that he couldn't handle playing as long as he did. And House can shoot the occasional three, but so can Keith Bogans.

It's nothing against your job as a GM. I just think I filled every need the Bulls had, while they were close to making the Finals with all the holes that they had this year.

prock
06-16-2011, 03:50 AM
I agree with Brodeur, I think the Pacers are better than the Hawks.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I have the first round posted will post the conference semi's and conference finals 2nite!

LTgiants
06-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Lame I was hoping to pull of a surprise run.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Lame I was hoping to pull of a surprise run.

When I was doing the team grades I honestly thought I'd have you making a playoff run and giving the Lakers a tough series in the 2nd round, however I thought you'd be playing the Spurs, the Nuggets are just a bad matchup for your team.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2011, 09:29 PM
NBA finals are set, massive shockerzzz

LTgiants
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Of course you pick Denver to go to the finals.

fenikz
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM
even though I was the Lakers GM, I hate them immensely and I think it would be awesome if a team like the Nuggets beat them, but honestly they wouldn't stand a chance

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Of course you pick Denver to go to the finals.

Why exactly is that?

LTgiants
06-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Why exactly is that?

Cause they beat me. I just find it funny that the team that beats me ends up going to the Finals.

Brodeur
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm moderately amused by you saying Chicago's bench is so much better, when Price > Duhon, Rush > Richardson, Budinger = Korver (basically), Kirilenko > Anderson, and Miller < Asik. That gives me a 3-1-1 advantage...(yes Chicago would still win, but not because of that).

LTgiants
06-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Asik is better then Miller.

Brodeur
06-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Look at the way the greater than symbol is pointing...

LTgiants
06-16-2011, 10:01 PM
So we agree then lol

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm moderately amused by you saying Chicago's bench is so much better, when Price > Duhon, Rush > Richardson, Budinger = Korver (basically), Kirilenko > Anderson, and Miller < Asik. That gives me a 3-1-1 advantage...(yes Chicago would still win, but not because of that).

You are looking way too much at potential. In no way are Brandon Rush or Budinger better players than vets like Richardson and Korver. Rush has been completely invisible at times and is a lazy mofo.

Brodeur
06-16-2011, 10:38 PM
You are looking way too much at potential. In no way are Brandon Rush or Budinger better players than vets like Richardson and Korver. Rush has been completely invisible at times and is a lazy mofo.

Richardson is absolutely ******* terrible, so yes he is better. And Korver literally has one skill, one.

LonghornsLegend
06-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Didn't understand this for the Mavs

when Chandler is out of this game as he always gets in foul trouble

He showed he could play smart the entire NBA Finals since we didn't even have Brandon Haywood the entire series. If he had consistently gotten into foul trouble, we would have had no shot.

demimo
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
<p align="center"><strong>Ryan fined $75K for profanity</strong><br>
The New York Jets coach will not appeal a $75,000 fine issued by the NFL on Monday for using profanity while angrily responding to a fan at halftime of New York's 37-16 loss to <strong><a href="http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/New-England-Patriots-Nfl-Jerseys/">New England Patriots</a></strong> last Sunday.<br>
When Ryan received an official notice from Commissioner Roger Goodell in the ?morning. Ryan said. &quot;The commissioner has a tough enough job, I'm an NFL lifer and I know I represent the NFL and represent the Jets, so I'm accountable for my actions and I will not appeal it.&quot;<br>
<strong><a href="http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/New-York-Jets-Nfl-Jerseys/">New York Jets</a></strong>’ Ryan spoke to Goodell a few days ago to discuss the matter, and to apologize to him.<br>
&quot;(Commissioner Roger Goodell) made a decision, and his decision is that I should be fined $75,000, and that's the way it is,&quot; Ryan said. &quot;I just want to get it behind me. Obviously it was a mistake I made, and I'm responsible for my actions.&quot;<br>
<strong><a href="http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/San-Francisco-49ers-Nfl-Jerseys/">NFL </a></strong>spokesman Greg Aiello said last week that the league was aware of the video, and Ryan apologized for letting his emotions get the best of him once again.<br>
Ryan also said Monday that he spoke with Goodell about the incident.<br>
&quot;I wanted to apologize to him,&quot; Ryan said. &quot;I never denied that I didn't make a mistake. I did make a mistake.&quot;</p>

demimo
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Maple Leafs sign prospect Stuart Percy

The Toronto Maple Leafs signed first-round draft pick Stuart Percy to a three-year, entry-level contract Tuesday announced by Brian Burke, President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs .

The 18-year-old defenseman was selected 25th overall at the NHL (http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/NHL-jerseys-NHL-jersey-Hockey-Jerseys-Hockey-jerseys/Chicago-Blackhawks-Jerseys/) draft in June.

He's in his third season with the OHL's Mississauga-St. Michael's Majors.

Toronto Maple Leafs’ (http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/NHL-jerseys-NHL-jersey-Hockey-Jerseys-Hockey-jerseys/Toronto-Maple-Leafs/) Percy represented the OHL in this month’s Canadian Hockey League (CHL) Super Series against Team Russia.

In addition, he attended the Canadian National Junior Team Selection Camp and the Leafs’ Prospect Camp this past summer. Percy also competed at the Leafs’ Rookie Tournament in Oshawa in September and the team’s main training camp later that month.

He Played in his third season with the Majors in 2011-12, the defenceman is fourth in team scoring with three goals and 14 assists in 18 games.

Percy also competed at the Toronto Maple Leafs (http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/NHL-jerseys-NHL-jersey-Hockey-Jerseys-Hockey-jerseys/Toronto-Maple-Leafs/)’ rookie tournament in Oshawa in September and the team’s main training camp later that month.

The Leafs drafted forward Tyler Biggs 22nd overall. Biggs is attending the University of Miami (Ohio) .

Last season with the Majors, he collected four goals and 30 assists in 64 games while posting a plus/minus rating of + 50. Percy’s outstanding play in five Majors’ games (0g, 4a) at the 2011 Memorial Cup earned him a berth on the tournament’s All-Star Team.

demimo
12-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Manning back to practice

Manning’s participation in practice was a big surprise. He was projected to miss anywhere from 4-10 weeks after fracturing his left fibula in Week 7 at Tennessee and having surgery. If he plays against the Jaguars, he will have missed four weeks.

“It’s amazing how far this young man has come,” Kubiak said. “If he doesn’t have any setbacks throughout the week, he should have a great opportunity to be available this weekend, so we’ll see how it goes.”

Last week, Kubiak indicated Manning was still a few weeks away from working out on a side field during practice. Instead, he was able to practice only four weeks after his surgery.

“He took all his reps with the team,” Houston Texans (http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/Houston-Texans-Nfl-jerseys/) coach Gary Kubiak said. “We will monitor his reps in practice and probably going into the game, but all systems should be go this weekend.”

Manning said.he is ok now . “The good thing about it is Sunday’s way off, and I’ll continue to work through it,” he said. “I don’t want to be negative, but things can occur. You never know, but right now, I’m staying positive, and I’m looking forward to playing on Sunday.”

If Manning doesn’t suffer a setback, he could play at Jacksonville.

He credited head athletic trainer Geoff Kaplan and the rest of the Houston Texans’ (http://www.comjerseyscom.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/San-Francisco-49ers-Nfl-Jerseys/) training staff for helping him to be about two-and-a-half weeks ahead of schedule in his rehab.

nobodyinparticular
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
This is really exciting. $75k in fines for Ryan? Wow.