PDA

View Full Version : -- The NEW 2011 NBA FM -CLOSED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SeanTaylorRIP
06-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Maggette for Ben Gordon, lets do it.

scottyboy
06-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Unless someone offers more I pretty much resign to the fact that he'd take your deal.

Well I was getting away with low balling him until y ou came around and was a big poop! 5/35 is what I think he's gonna end up getting irl

diabsoule
06-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Actively trying to deal Marreese Speights and possibly Markieff Morris for a quality 2 & future 1st (asking price for Markieff)

diabsoule
06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Final Memphis Grizzlies roster:

PG: Ramon Sessions : Greivis Vasquez : Darius Morris
SG: Tony Allen : Sam Young : Xavier Henry
SF: Rudy Cool : Shane Battier : Quincy Pondexter
PF: Zach Randolph : Darrell Arthur : Jason Smith
C : Marc Gasol : Dan Gadzuric

Keeping Marc Gasol was the main priority. Also kept Shane Battier from last season in which he'll play a 6th man role for the Grizz. Have a lot of youth on the team as well in Darius Morris, Sam Young, Xavier Henry, Quincy Pondexter, and Darrel Arthur. I don't see any reason why this team can't compete like they did last year.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I would have said perfect offseason although trading Conley for Sessions and Morris IMO was kind of pointless especially since Vasquez is a decent backup with room for improvement, IMO there is a decent downgrade at PG despite Sessions being underrated, but with Rudy being back you are right about them being able to compete.

Brodeur
06-27-2011, 10:16 PM
My team is going to MAKE THE PLAYOFFS *****:

PG:: Eric Bledsoe/Mo Williams
SG:: Eric Gordon/Jon Diebler/Willie Warren
SF:: Al Farouq Aminu/Kyle Korver/Chase Budinger
PF:: Blake Griffin/Kenneth Faried/Ryan Gomes
C:: DeAndre Jordan/Kenyon Martin/Jordan Hill

SeanTaylorRIP
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Looking to package Courtney Lee+Keyon Dooling and possibly future picks for a good SF or PG, my preference would be a scorer. Their combined contracts are 4.4 mil, and even more attractive both are expirings if you choose not to give Lee the 3 mil qualifying offer.

D-Unit
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Looking to package Courtney Lee+Keyon Dooling and possibly future picks for a good SF or PG, my preference would be a scorer. Their combined contracts are 4.4 mil, and even more attractive both are expirings if you choose not to give Lee the 3 mil qualifying offer.
Jameer Nelson says Hi.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I actually would do that except Jameer makes 7 mil a year.

diabsoule
06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Is there a ruling on Anthony Parker? It's been 8 hours.

diabsoule
06-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Now the new look New Orleans Hornets

PG: Steve Nash : Toney Douglas : Armon Johnson
SG: O.J. Mayo : Anthony Parker : Cartier Martin
SF: Trevor Ariza : Martell Webster : Andres Nocioni
PF: Carl Landry : Brandon Bass : Markieff Morris
C: Marcin Gortat : Chuck Hayes : Marreese Speights

There were a few trades where I outsmarted myself but I like the way the team looks in the end. The only thing the team lacks is length by not having a legit 7 footer on the team. However, the team can clamp down on D, stretch the opposing teams defense, have veteran leadership in Nash and Parker and is really young for the most part. This team could be very dangerous.

Zycho32
06-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Seeing as how I might be on the short-list of players about to recieve the death penalty, I would like to pre-emptively state that with the recent contract offers to Nene and Shannon Brown, the Nuggets Salary would reach $53,503,993 unless someone ups the bidding.

And I still have a LLE to make use of.

WMD
06-28-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm not gonna be butthurt about it.. but Brand chose the Magic because of 1 more year and $600,000 more?

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm not gonna be butthurt about it.. but Brand chose the Magic because of 1 more year and $600,000 more?
Well that and he wanted to start too.

WMD
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I put in my reasoning that I might start him. I'll figure something else out.

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I put in my reasoning that I might start him. I'll figure something else out.
Yea, he saw that "might" part and said screw that bozo GM who thinks I want to get Chris Bosh's garbage minutes! I'm playin' next to Dwight! lol.

scottyboy
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
so Sasha, who's said he wants to stay a Net, takes a 1 year deal instead of stability because of the half a million dollar difference?

and yes, he's actually said it:

Sasha Vujacic: "I would like to stay here because I got used to everyone in the organization, whenever I needed something, whatever was there for me to do, they were were very helpful,and I thank them for that again...I think we were well coached."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/11/2207244/netsdaily-off-season-report-9

I'm just saying...

RaiderNation
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Really hope I get Thornton. I don't see why he would go to Milwaukee when he really played well in Sacrameto. We gave him a chance unlike the Hornets and he flourished playing the 2 in our system. I don't see him leaving in real life and therefor I think he will end up signing my deal on here

DJC
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Really hope I get Thornton. I don't see why he would go to Milwaukee when he really played well in Sacrameto. We gave him a chance unlike the Hornets and he flourished playing the 2 in our system. I don't see him leaving in real life and therefor I think he will end up signing my deal on here

He's a RFA, you couldve just matched my deal, you didnt even have to outbid me..

DJC
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
D-Unit, can you update Reggie Williams to say GS matched and we signed him? thanks

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
so Sasha, who's said he wants to stay a Net, takes a 1 year deal instead of stability because of the half a million dollar difference?

and yes, he's actually said it:

Sasha Vujacic: "I would like to stay here because I got used to everyone in the organization, whenever I needed something, whatever was there for me to do, they were were very helpful,and I thank them for that again...I think we were well coached."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/11/2207244/netsdaily-off-season-report-9

I'm just saying...
Yea. He said that BEFORE he got insulted by their offer. 3 years, $4.5M... if you're gonna complain, at least put up the money like you like him. He's coming off a year where he got paid over $5M last season. Now you want him to earn less than that over 3 years?

You can put that "I'm just saying...." back in your pocket and go home.

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 04:48 PM
D-Unit, can you update Reggie Williams to say GS matched and we signed him? thanks
Ah, missed that he was a RFA. Fixed it.

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't get why you guys beg for players yet don't put up the money and think players don't care about that.

RaiderNation
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
He's a RFA, you couldve just matched my deal, you didnt even have to outbid me..

Lol whoops well idk if it's too late but I would like to match it I guess if I can

RaiderNation
06-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't get why you guys beg for players yet don't put up the money and think players don't care about that.

I think around 5M a year for Thornton is pretty fair at this point in his career. I dont think a 5 year contract is likely in real life though but I offer it just cuz the Bucks did. I think Thornton will sign a 3-4 year deal, allowing him to leave if he wants or just sign a bigger deal since he would be in his prime

scottyboy
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
My offer is half a million less than the offer he took so dont give me that crap about being insulted by an offer, that's absurd. And you're right, he made 5 mil last year which he is clearly worth. Give me a break with that. Again I think the half a mil a year make such a huge difference when stability and his actual quotes are involved instead of you thinking he's insulted by my offer

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
My offer is half a million less than the offer he took so dont give me that crap about being insulted by an offer, that's absurd. And you're right, he made 5 mil last year which he is clearly worth. Give me a break with that. Again I think the half a mil a year make such a huge difference when stability and his actual quotes are involved instead of you thinking he's insulted by my offer
Go home scotty. If you think I'm tracking what every player has ever said, then you're kidding yourself. You should've made the call easy, rather than to assume. Besides, what players say and what they do OFTEN go against each other. Quit cryin'.

scottyboy
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Ha, I'm not crying, it's Sasha freaking vujacic. In still a little surprised as to the shots at my "cheap deal" when it's only half a million dollars difference. If you had like legit reasons, this would've been an absolute non issue. my first post was brought up by confusion and the 2nd explaining why he'd take my offer and how your reasoning is beyond weak. I know there's nothing I can do now but go out and try and get a different mediocre combo guard. Oh well

RaiderNation
06-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I added the minutes the players would play on team, just thought it would be a good idea to give the guys in charge of how I really want my team to look.

fenikz
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
I assume you mean Quentin Richardson

diabsoule
06-28-2011, 06:40 PM
In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have traded Pietrus, Brewer, or Haywood. Like they say, hindsight is always 20/20.

If I wouldn't have traded those three I would have spent less in overall salary and had more money open up next year. I also think my roster would have looked a little stronger than what I have now:

Steve Nash / Toney Douglas / Armon Johnson
O.J. Mayo / Mickael Pietrus
Trevor Ariza / Martell Webster / Corey Brewer
Carl Landry / Brandon Bass / Markieff Morris
Marcin Gortat / Brendan Haywood

compared to what I have now:

PG: Steve Nash : Toney Douglas : Armon Johnson
SG: O.J. Mayo : Anthony Parker : Cartier Martin
SF: Trevor Ariza : Martell Webster : Andres Nocioni
PF: Carl Landry : Brandon Bass : Markieff Morris
C: Marcin Gortat : Chuck Hayes : Marreese Speights

yo123
06-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Sasha vujacic fight? im in.

LTgiants
06-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Didn't Nenad Kristc sign overseas irl?

Brodeur
06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Sasha is mine.

RaiderNation
06-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Didn't Nenad Kristc sign overseas irl?

Your right, my bad. I will offer on another F/A

SeanTaylorRIP
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
fenikz I deleted your Ray Allen bid he exercised his 10 mil option at the start of the free agent.

fenikz
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
oppsies i was wondering why there wasnt a thread

SeanTaylorRIP
06-28-2011, 08:02 PM
no prob man.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
fenikz I deleted your thread again lol, RIP was one of the first signed.

LTgiants
06-28-2011, 08:47 PM
The New New York Knicks

C Tony Battie/Ronny Turiaf/Jerome Jordan
PF Amare Stoudemire/Shawne Williams/Jon Leuer
SF Carmelo Anthony/Landry Fields/Derrick Brown
SG Klay Thompson/Michael Redd/Malcolm Lee
PG Chauncey Billups/Jonny Flynn/Josh Selby

D-Unit
06-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Ha, I'm not crying, it's Sasha freaking vujacic. In still a little surprised as to the shots at my "cheap deal" when it's only half a million dollars difference. If you had like legit reasons, this would've been an absolute non issue. my first post was brought up by confusion and the 2nd explaining why he'd take my offer and how your reasoning is beyond weak. I know there's nothing I can do now but go out and try and get a different mediocre combo guard. Oh well
Hmmm... I think Kris Humphries wants to go to Detroit... What do you think STRIP???

princefielder28
06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
looking to deal for a veteran backup PG...have Jamison to move

scottyboy
06-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... I think Kris Humphries wants to go to Detroit... What do you think STRIP???

hahaha that would be fantastic. especially since STRIP already said that he'd be surprised if Humphries went there after I matched his offer.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
shopping veteran guards Steve Blake and Ben Gordon.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-28-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm just going to put this out there since no one seems to realize but I rescinded my QO for Rodney Stuckey a while ago, so he's an unrestricted free agent.

fenikz
06-28-2011, 11:37 PM
oh really...also horrah Nene

sbh15
06-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Tyson Chandler signs a deal for less money to play 15 minutes per game

LTgiants
06-29-2011, 12:02 AM
He stays with a team that he helped win a title with and where he has had one of his best years of his career.

It isn't that crazy a idea.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 12:03 AM

You are joking right? So you think it would be in any way logical for Tyson Chandler to turn down 70 million dollars for the team that he just won a championship with and are favorites to win it again. And your 15 minutes a game argument has no grounds. He's still the starter for the Mavs, the fact that you even brought up that he should feel threatened by Emeka Okafor and PF JJ Hickson is a joke. Emeka Okafor is not that much of an uprgrade over Brendan Haywood. Hakim Warrick won't even be dressed out for games. Hickson is the primary backup for Dirk. The only arguement for Chandler signing with Philly is being paid 1.8 mil more a year. That's nothing when you consider the positives and longetity playing with Dallas. You talk about Philly being a contender longer, as long as Dirk is there which should be 3-5 years they will be more of a contender than Philly in that time period. So on one hand he can resign with the defending champs who are even better this year, or he can spend the next 5 years of his career with the Sixers. To me that's a no brainer, and trust me I had no part in the decision of that.

RaiderNation
06-29-2011, 12:05 AM

The least amount of mins he played in the finals was 30. No idea where 15 came from.

EDIT: Even with Okafor, Chandler would get the majority of minutes at Center and get probably around 24mins a game

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 12:07 AM
The least amount of mins he played in the finals was 30. No idea where 15 came from

Apparently Emeka Okafor, JJ Hickson AND Hakim Warrick are going to take all of his minutes and relegate him to a bench role. Warrick played 17 mpg for Phoenix, he'll play less for Dallas. Okafor will take those 18 mpg Haywood was getting. If anything having Hickson and Warrick just means that Dirk can rest more. If anything I think having Okafor is a plus as Chandler can play without having to worry about foul trouble. Okafor getting the minutes Haywood did really is not going to be that much of an upgrade.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 12:13 AM
He stays with a team that he helped win a title with and where he has had one of his best years of his career.

It isn't that crazy a idea.

It wouldn't be if Dallas didn't have such a similar player in Emeka Okafor. Dirk played 34 mpg last season, that leaves 62 minutes to split up at the 4 and 5. Hickson is getting probably 15-20 mpg, Warrick maybe half of his 18 mpg from last season, so 9. That leaves you with about 35 minutes to give between Okafor and Chandler... an average of 17.5 each? I highly doubt Mark Cuban is stupid enough to have about 25 million tied up in two guys playing under 20 mpg.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
umn in real life Cuban did give Haywood a 55 mil contract to play less than 20 minutes. I don't see where you don't understand that Okafor is just replacing Haywood's rule and maybe a slight upgrade, but if you look at it when Haywood used to get the minutes Okafor does, he was producing the exact same stats. If you are going to generalize and say Okafor is the same type of player as Chandler well than so was Haywood. And like I said Warrick likely won't even suit up unless the Mavs have injuries as Dirk can play the 5 in a small lineup and Marion can play the 4 as well.

Zycho32
06-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, I know I'm gonna be aggressively going for a Center next year, that's for sure.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
umn in real life Cuban did give Haywood a 55 mil contract to play less than 20 minutes. I don't see where you don't understand that Okafor is just replacing Haywood's rule and maybe a slight upgrade, but if you look at it when Haywood used to get the minutes Okafor does, he was producing the exact same stats. If you are going to generalize and say Okafor is the same type of player as Chandler well than so was Haywood. And like I said Warrick likely won't even suit up unless the Mavs have injuries as Dirk can play the 5 in a small lineup and Marion can play the 4 as well.

But you're ignoring JJ Hickson. If Hickson wasn't around, I would have offered Nene because there's no way I'd get Chandler. I don't think you would have traded Roddy Beuabois+ to get JJ Hickson if you planned on giving him scraps. Last season the Dirk was the only PF on the roster unless he was injured, but you're bringing in a guy who got close to 30 a game from Cleveland, and even if he consistently gets half of that, you're playing Chandler and Okafor a combined 40ish minutes max. Nobody would wreck the team financially and put them 40 million over the luxury tax to pay two guys playing an avg of 20 mpg each an average of 12.5 million each. I don't blame you for doing it, there's no real money at stake here. I'd do the same. Just realistically, there's no way Dallas would spend that much money to bring back Chandler given the roster you put together. My gripe is with the decision made. Money has been the deciding factor in every decision so far. Apparently Luc Richard Mbah a Moute apparently would have turned down the ability to return to Milwaukee for an average of 600k more per season. I'm giving him way more money, one less year (still takes an injury-prone center to age 33), and a chance to play his full minutes instead of submitting to being a role player. He has a championship, the guy would be able to move on for more money and better opportunity.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 12:54 AM
This is also a pretty big flaw in the free agency system (the fact that I have to act like a contract offer is immediately put on the books). I had one offer to give between Chandler and Nene because I apparently can't offer two players the same contract and take whichever I can sign first. No, instead I have to bet the entire off-season I put together on signing Tyson Chandler. So I offer him a deal that makes him the 2nd highest paid C in the league and gives him a full starting role instead of a ****** reduced one and I still can't get him. Now it's too late to sign Nene (or anyone else worth a **** for that matter) and my off-season is more or less ******.

LonghornsLegend
06-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Free Agency is seriouz buzinezz

prock
06-29-2011, 03:03 AM
PG - Rickey Rubio - Luke Ridnour - Andy Rautins
SG - Jordan Crawford - Jason Richardson -Bill Walker
SF - Wes Johnson - Nicolas Batum - Renaldo Balkman
PF - Kevin Love - Ryan Anderson - Anthony Tolliver
C -Javele McGee - Darco Milicic - Nikola Pekovic

The new and so so so much improved Minnesota Timberwolves. This team will compete every night and I envision lots of wins (borderline playoff). I'm solid 2-deep at every position. In retrospect, I may have done a thing or two differently, but this team looks ******* incredible compared to what I started with.

Final payroll: $47,037,179

I got lots of moniezzzz and assets. The future looks bright in Minnesota.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 06:48 AM
This is also a pretty big flaw in the free agency system (the fact that I have to act like a contract offer is immediately put on the books). I had one offer to give between Chandler and Nene because I apparently can't offer two players the same contract and take whichever I can sign first. No, instead I have to bet the entire off-season I put together on signing Tyson Chandler. So I offer him a deal that makes him the 2nd highest paid C in the league and gives him a full starting role instead of a ****** reduced one and I still can't get him. Now it's too late to sign Nene (or anyone else worth a **** for that matter) and my off-season is more or less ******.

Lets be real here, away from the forum mock, if someone told you Tyson Chandler can sign with Philadelphia and become the 2nd highest paid center in the league, or he can resign with Dallas and become the 3rd highest paid center in the league, if you can honestly tell me that you think he would sign with Philadelphia than you win. You obviously neglect to read anything I wrote but there is no reduced role. Tyson Chandler is not some 20 year old looking to get big minutes and become an allstar, he as a chance to get paid 12.5 mil a year for 6 years to play with his buddies and compete for a title every year, why would he want to babysit guys like Evan Turner, Lou Williams, Thad Young, and Holiday and pray they get to the level of his current teammates. And if your only selling point is you offered 5 years/74 million and I offered 6 years/75 mil, Texas has no personal income tax so whatever difference you may have offered is negated in addition he'd already has a house in Dallas. Your selling point is that apparently Emeka Okafor is so much greater than Brendan Haywood that he is going to cut Chandler's minutes in half. The fact is Okafor and Haywood are such similar players that there would be no difference with the team scheme other than Okafor maybe being slightly more productive than Haywood. There is no rule but just as someone trying to play the game if I saw Dallas from the get go's lower offer was already 6 years/70 million, I would have withdrawn my offer and gone after Deandre Jordan or Nene. The fact that you would believe at any time that you were the favorite to land Chandler over Dallas is your fault.

diabsoule
06-29-2011, 07:55 AM

You can still match the offer for Spencer Hawes and have him return to Philly without seeing him sign elsewhere.

WMD
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with sbh about Free Agency. I like how it was done but its tough with everyone going at once . Maybe next time we can do 10 guys per day, or something along those lines. That way if someone missed out on Chandler one day, he still has the chance to land Nene the next day.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
But so what we make everyone who bid on Nene wait, so that someone who bid on Chandler or Jordan can get a shot at him if they miss out? The fact is there are only so few top free agents so someone will get left without one. Who says Philly would have had Nene had they bid for him. They probably wouldn't and we would be hearing the same complaints. You get what you get. The commish's have tried their best to make the most sensible moves. These are all guesses, we have no idea what these players woud really do. I mean I ask everyone else, do you think Chandler would take 5 years/74 million to play in Phildaelphia or 6 years/75 million to stay with the world champions(no state income tax btw).

DJC
06-29-2011, 09:17 AM
I dont know, its kind of realistic like this. Usually a team targets just a few players at their positions of need, and if they miss out they just have to settle for lower quality players. It's kind of good how it forces you to make a choice for who you want to go after.

For example, in '09, the Mavs were trying to go after Gortat. The Magic held up their offer and signed Brandon Bass in the meantime away from them, then took Gortat back too. The Mavs were forced to settle getting Drew Gooden the next month.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Exactly in real life a team isn't going to come at both Nene and Chandler at the same time and say i'll give 70 mil to the first one who accepts. What they will do is target the guy they covet most and if he turns down often times the backup plan is gone as well because that guy was another team's #1 target not just their backup plan. Use the Knicks for example in 2012. They would have money for either D12 or Cp3. You think CP3 is going to wait on the Knicks because Howard is their #1 option. Nope he will take the team that shows they want him most or vice versa.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Your selling point is that apparently Emeka Okafor is so much greater than Brendan Haywood that he is going to cut Chandler's minutes in half. The fact is Okafor and Haywood are such similar players that there would be no difference with the team scheme other than Okafor maybe being slightly more productive than Haywood. There is no rule but just as someone trying to play the game if I saw Dallas from the get go's lower offer was already 6 years/70 million, I would have withdrawn my offer and gone after Deandre Jordan or Nene. The fact that you would believe at any time that you were the favorite to land Chandler over Dallas is your fault.

No, that isn't my selling point. You continue to ignore the effect JJ Hickson would have on this whole thing. Swap Haywood with Okafor, fine. Look at Dallas' roster. The only PF to play over 10 games last season was Dirk, but you've now brought in JJ Hickson and you paid quite a bit to get him. He's accustomed to playing 30 minutes every night, and even if he accepts a cut to 15, that still cuts into Chandler, and Okafor's minutes in a big way because I know you aren't going to bench Dirk that much (he played 34 mpg in the regular season). And btw, you have 13 players on your roster, one of the ones not suiting up is Warrick or Mahinmi, but either way it's a big which means fewer minutes once again. I don't know Tyson Chandler or his motives, but he's already won a championship, so I don't see him giving up so much playing time to chase another. If he chooses Dallas, than so be it. It's just odd that whoever made this decision thought it would make sense for Dallas to have a payroll of 104 freaking million. There's no way any general manager in their right mind would pay Okafor and Chandler a combined 27 million, give Butler and Marion a combined 17 million, then bring in Hamilton for 4 million to senselessly cut into everyone's minutes even further.

And in real life, teams are negotiating with as many guys as they want to at a given time. If they have a guy ready to jump on that isn't their #1 target they weigh the decision and choose whether to risk it or take the safe bet. I would have offered Nene the same deal I offered Chandler, and I doubt he would have passed it up given that it was about 4mil/year more than Phoenix's offer. Do you really think that a team with a competent GM would offer one player their cap space and then say "We better not even contact any other free agents until we know this guys decision"?

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Exactly in real life a team isn't going to come at both Nene and Chandler at the same time and say i'll give 70 mil to the first one who accepts. What they will do is target the guy they covet most and if he turns down often times the backup plan is gone as well because that guy was another team's #1 target not just their backup plan. Use the Knicks for example in 2012. They would have money for either D12 or Cp3. You think CP3 is going to wait on the Knicks because Howard is their #1 option. Nope he will take the team that shows they want him most or vice versa.
STRIP, don't worry about sbh15's complaints. Let him complain because it's his last time.

YAYareaRB
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Arright Arright guys, lets just carry on :)

sbh15
06-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm over it, really. I'm obviously going to argue my point with STRIP because it's just been friendly arguing and I'm trying to get my point across, same as him. It also is a good opportunity to try to help improve the system, at least from my point of view (as well as WMD's and DJC's it appears). There are counter arguments to that, too. There's nothing I can do about the decision at this point, I'm not beat up over it.

WMD
06-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Isn't the Free Agency clock running from 12-12? The Spencer Hawes FA should still be open. STRIP made the offer at 10PM so the clock only ran for 2 Hours total.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Isn't the Free Agency clock running from 12-12? The Spencer Hawes FA should still be open. STRIP made the offer at 10PM so the clock only ran for 2 Hours total.

Oh yeah... my bad. That should be re-opened (got a little antsy trying to hold on to him).

WMD
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Another suggestion for FA could be allowing maybe 3 Offers of the same contract from each team. In the offers, the GM could list the other players he's offered that contract to and prioritize them 1, 2, and 3... I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Another suggestion for FA could be allowing maybe 3 Offers of the same contract from each team. In the offers, the GM could list the other players he's offered that contract to and prioritize them 1, 2, and 3... I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there.

Then it gets really complex for a forum mock. Maybe you could offer maybe double your cap space, for example. Say I convinced Nene and Chandler to pick Philly, I pick whichever one, and the other offer is void. Or say some team offers Chandler 14 million and then offer Hawes 6 mil and spreads around 8 mil. Hawes and Chandler make said team their #1 choice and the team decides it likes Hawes with the chance to spread around the other 8 mil. Chandler is then offered to his second choice. You could have an off-period every so many hours where you go through all of the free agents where bidding is closed and figure out what team the end up with. Then it opens up again.

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm over it, really. I'm obviously going to argue my point with STRIP because it's just been friendly arguing and I'm trying to get my point across, same as him. It also is a good opportunity to try to help improve the system, at least from my point of view (as well as WMD's and DJC's it appears). There are counter arguments to that, too. There's nothing I can do about the decision at this point, I'm not beat up over it.
DJC did not agree with you, if I'm reading that correctly.

I don't care what you are trying to argue. Teams don't give out their MLE to their top 10 targets and say "first come wins."

That's essentially what you're saying should be allowed. Plus, I'm not sure you understand how chaotic that would be for a forum mock. We can't mimick real life to a T. In real life, if a FA likes an offer, he might take it right away too. Leaving other teams no chance to even bid. I can just foresee how you posters would just love that... not having a chance to sign someone when you were willing to offer more. Should we allow that too?

sbh15
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
DJC did not agree with you, if I'm reading that correctly.

I don't care what you are trying to argue. Teams don't give out their MLE to their top 10 targets and say "first come wins."

That's essentially what you're saying should be allowed. Plus, I'm not sure you understand how chaotic that would be for a forum mock. We can't mimick real life to a T. In real life, if a FA likes an offer, he might take it right away too. Leaving other teams no chance to even bid. I can just foresee how you posters would just love that... not having a chance to sign someone when you were willing to offer more. Should we allow that too?

Oh, yeah. I misread DJC, my bad. I understand it's hard to satisfy all angles. All I really think is needed to improve this is to be able to offer your cap space to multiple guys. You're right, players don't wait on teams, and teams don't let players scramble to see who accepts first. They do, however, negotiate with multiple guys at a time, often proposing offers that, if all were accepted, would put them well over the cap. I actually think the ability to offer maybe 1.5x or 2x your cap space would solve my complaint entirely. I'd be fine not getting Chandler if I could match for Hawes and then go offer guys like JR Smith, Glen Davis, etc. The problem was that while I was waiting on Chandler, those guys got snatched up, probably for much less than they'd actually receive on the open market.

WMD
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh, yeah. I misread DJC, my bad. I understand it's hard to satisfy all angles. All I really think is needed to improve this is to be able to offer your cap space to multiple guys. You're right, players don't wait on teams, and teams don't let players scramble to see who accepts first. They do, however, negotiate with multiple guys at a time, often proposing offers that, if all were accepted, would put them well over the cap. I actually think the ability to offer maybe 1.5x or 2x your cap space would solve my complaint entirely. I'd be fine not getting Chandler if I could match for Hawes and then go offer guys like JR Smith, Glen Davis, etc. The problem was that while I was waiting on Chandler, those guys got snatched up, probably for much less than they'd actually receive on the open market.
Yep. JR Smith went for the Vet Minimum and Big Baby went for $2.3 Million per year. There really isn't a way to get it perfect though, and a lot of the guys are gonna go for pretty cheap.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 01:32 PM
well the 8 hour clock kinda of guarantees that like J-Rich should be starting for the Suns

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
When teams offer players contracts, they often miss out on other opportunities. That's the facts. They only do what you say they do when they don't respect the player a lot... and that doesn't happen to top tier FAs.

Cleveland waited and waited for Lebron while other guys got signed.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
When teams offer players contracts, they often miss out on other opportunities. That's the facts. They only do what you say they do when they don't respect the player a lot... and that doesn't happen to top tier FAs.

Cleveland waited and waited for Lebron while other guys got signed.

I understand that, it makes sense. Teams aren't negotiating with other guys when dealing with elite free agents that they feel good about. You'd be foolish, though, if you thought a team like New Jersey wasn't pursuing Wade at the same time as Lebron. That Chicago wasn't pursuing Wade while also offering Stat and Boozer. There weren't any elite free agents in this mock off-season. If I'm a GM, I'm not sitting around waiting for Tyson Chandler and hoping he signs with me. I offer Nene too and if he wants to sign, I pull Chandler's offer. The teams that do wait around get screwed (see: Cleveland). Maybe the problem lies somewhere else, though, because I understand that the point I'm arguing is hard to fix. It could be the 8 hour rule. I doubt JR Smith would sign with anyone for the Veteran's Minimum just because it's the only offer he's gotten in 8 hours (or whatever the equivalent is in forum mock time).

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
I understand that, it makes sense. Teams aren't negotiating with other guys when dealing with elite free agents that they feel good about. You'd be foolish, though, if you thought a team like New Jersey wasn't pursuing Wade at the same time as Lebron. That Chicago wasn't pursuing Wade while also offering Stat and Boozer. There weren't any elite free agents in this mock off-season. If I'm a GM, I'm not sitting around waiting for Tyson Chandler and hoping he signs with me. I offer Nene too and if he wants to sign, I pull Chandler's offer. The teams that do wait around get screwed (see: Cleveland). Maybe the problem lies somewhere else, though, because I understand that the point I'm arguing is hard to fix. It could be the 8 hour rule. I doubt JR Smith would sign with anyone for the Veteran's Minimum just because it's the only offer he's gotten in 8 hours (or whatever the equivalent is in forum mock time).
Every game has it's rules. You deal with it. This ain't real life. That's your problem.

BTW, you didn't have to wait around for Chandler to decide to offer JR Smith the Veteran's minimum. He got 1 offer. No one can say anything about that.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Every game has it's rules. You deal with it. This ain't real life. That's your problem.

BTW, you didn't have to wait around for Chandler to decide to offer JR Smith the Veteran's minimum. He got 1 offer. No one can say anything about that.

I get it dude, the rules are there. I'm not trying to change them for this specific mock. If you use this system again though, I think there's room for improvement, and discussing/debating that is the best way of finding how to improve it. JR Smith is just an example, btw. He's coming off a contract in which he was making like 5mil/year. He wouldn't pounce on an offer for the veteran's minimum, he'd probably wait a little bit longer to see if anything better came along. So the suggestion I'm making would be to modify the 8 hour clock aspect. Make it 24 hours, I don't know.

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I get it dude, the rules are there. I'm not trying to change them for this specific mock. If you use this system again though, I think there's room for improvement, and discussing/debating that is the best way of finding how to improve it. JR Smith is just an example, btw. He's coming off a contract in which he was making like 5mil/year. He wouldn't pounce on an offer for the veteran's minimum, he'd probably wait a little bit longer to see if anything better came along. So the suggestion I'm making would be to modify the 8 hour clock aspect. Make it 24 hours, I don't know.
Thanks for your input.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
maybe something like 24 hours after the original bid then any additional bids it's just 8, and just more selectivity I guess on letting people sign for small contracts

DJC
06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I think after the first wave of FA signing, we should go down to 6 hrs, then eventually 4hrs. Its kind of getting drawn out now.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
well ya i meant for future stuff

scottyboy
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
just curious, any time frame on when there's gonna be a decision on humphries?

fenikz
06-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Since no one has made Nick Young a offer for me to match can I offer him something?

RaiderNation
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Ya once the F/A is updated i will have a full roster. So idk where everyone else is but I hope we can move on from F/A in the next day or 2.

diabsoule
06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Since no one has made Nick Young a offer for me to match can I offer him something?

Yeah, go ahead

sbh15
06-29-2011, 05:05 PM
If we still plan on doing a 2012 off-season, too, I'll trade Marvin Williams with my unprotected '13 1st (I can't trade the '12 1st) for an expiring contract.

diabsoule
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
If we still plan on doing a 2012 off-season, too, I'll trade Marvin Williams with my unprotected '13 1st (I can't trade the '12 1st) for an expiring contract.

The Hornets will have a couple of expiring contracts

fenikz
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Suns done besides maybe a min contract

PG Chris Paul - Earl Boykins - Zabian Dowdell
SG Jared Dudley - Rodney Stuckey
SF Grant Hill - Kelenna Azubuike
PF David West - Channing Frye - Gani Lawal
C Nenê - Robin Lopez - Garret Siler

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, there's no way Dudley should start over Stuckey.

DJC
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
How was Kwame S&T? He wasnt a RFA.

RaiderNation
06-29-2011, 06:33 PM
What's the exact number for vet min contracts?

fenikz
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah, there's no way Dudley should start over Stuckey.

He's a better shooter and plays better off the ball

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
My bad, I didn't see who you had behind Paul. That's probably the better move now.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 06:44 PM
EARL BOYKINS!

yes Stuckey will be playing a lot of his minutes at PG

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 07:11 PM
I think having a hobbit as your main back up is a problem.

D-Unit
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
How was Kwame S&T? He wasnt a RFA.
He doesn't have to be. Charlotte had his bird rights. Lebron was in a S&T when he was an UFA.

DJC
06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
He doesn't have to be. Charlotte had his bird rights. Lebron was in a S&T when he was an UFA.

True true. I'll just go back to my corner now.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 09:05 PM
damn you strip thats more than I wanted to pay him, but I don't have a choice

sbh15
06-29-2011, 09:06 PM
I can't even sign Nazr ******* Mohammed? Are you kidding me?

diabsoule
06-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I can't even sign Nazr ******* Mohammed? Are you kidding me?

I decided where he would sign and I chose Boston over Philly because the Celtics will be a contender for at least one more year and felt a veteran like him would rather try and chase a ring and slightly more stability than chase money.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I decided where he would sign and I chose Boston over Philly because the Celtics will be a contender for at least one more year and felt a veteran like him would rather try and chase a ring and slightly more stability than chase money.

Nah, I understand the decision, it's just frustrating. Mohammed is coming off something like $7mil a year, he probably would chase the ring.

sbh15
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Sixers will trade any single player on their roster. Just offer something within the realm of sanity.

princefielder28
06-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Cavaliers' roster is set!!!

PG :: Mike Conley : Charles Jenkins : Andrew Goudelock
SG :: Marshon Brooks : Josh Childress
SF :: Derrick Williams : Carlos Delfino : Luke Harangody
PF :: Antwan Jamison : Drew Gooden : Samardo Samuels
C :: Andrew Bogut : Bismack Biyombo : Semih Erden

YAYareaRB
06-29-2011, 10:24 PM

i like your roster

Zycho32
06-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Nuggets and Raptors are set. See my clubs in the Depth Chart thread- even hashed out the rotations.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Conley, Derrick Williams, and Bogut is a great core to build on. If guys like Marshon Brooks, Biyombo, and Charles Jenkins develop down the line, this will be a team to reckon with. I'd start Williams at PF though.

scottyboy
06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
PG: Deron Williams ($16,359,805), CJ Watson ($3,400,000), Sundiata Gaines ($884,293)
SG: Anthony Morrow ($4,000,000), Chris Douglas-Roberts ($1,000,000), Randy Foye ($vet min)
SF: Terrence Williams ($2,369,040), Damion James ($1,243,080)
PF: Kris Humphries ($7,000,000) Jajuan Johnson ($473,000)
C: Brook Lopez ($3,076,983), Hamady N'Diaye ($1,000,000), Johan Petro ($3,250,000)

Total Team Salary:
$44,056,201

Why yes, I do have a talented young team with a boatload of cash to spend on extending D-Will and signing Dwight Howard. Glad you all could notice

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Man, my offer was better than that for Bogut. Come on, at least DeAndre Jordan is good unlike the rest of those bastards. The only thing worthwhile in that deal is the unprotected first from the Cavs, which might just be a playoff team at this point.

yo123
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah prince pretty much raped this, Cleveland is a playoff team now. With room to spare.

fenikz
06-29-2011, 10:38 PM

I don't like Williams at the 3 but it's not like anything is stopping him from moving to the 4 if a decent SF comes along

YAYareaRB
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't like Williams at the 3 but it's not like anything is stopping him from moving to the 4 if a decent SF comes along

I thought Williams wants to play and is a true SF

yo123
06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
He's a true PF with some SF skills. He originally said he wanted to play SF but he's backed off that since then, probably was just trying to sell himself as more versatile.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought Williams wants to play and is a true SF

He's never played SF in his life. It's a crazy claim on my part but he's a lot closer to Stat as a prospect than people realize. I think him saying he wants to play SF had more to do with Cleveland, Minnesota, and Utah already being stacked at PF. He has said he will play down low where he does belong.

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 10:49 PM
It might be better to start Williams at the 4 and Jamison at the 3 truthfully.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Jamison's way too slow at this point in his career. I'd be fine starting Delfino at the 3, if not even Childress.

Brodeur
06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I just meant for development of Williams, but yeah you're right.

Zycho32
06-30-2011, 03:16 AM
I suppose while this is presumably down-time, I'd just like to point out the one real flaw in how the Free Agency 'period' is set up for this Mock.

It's really all about time.

The initial contract offer doesn't have such a problem, but that's assuming the guy you want hasn't been offered a contract yet. When you're responding to an offered contract with a better one, or waiting for an offered contract to one of your RFA to go through the alotted time so you can match it, you'll often find yourself a victim of your own Real Life; job, commitments, special events, planned events, all of which take away from the time spent on the internet. Sometimes these things will combine and string together well past the time allotted for a response and thus you may miss your opportunity altogether- if an NBA GM somehow 'missed' his chance in real life, we'd be calling him 'stupid' rather than time-pressed, because this sort of thing is his job, what he's actually being paid to do- and what admittedly we ALL wish we could get paid to do.

Even sleeping can make you potentially miss out, that is if you sleep non-traditional hours (like me) or when the 12-to-12 stigma is ignored from time to time, and as such you're forced to shove around precious minutes here and there and make the time needed to stay on top of things. The end result being a mere mock can run your life and leave you feeling like this experience isn't as much fun as it could be.

...or maybe I'm so eroded since leaving the fantasy world that I haven't an edge to speak of, much less an unsharpened one.

princefielder28
06-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Jamison's way too slow at this point in his career. I'd be fine starting Delfino at the 3, if not even Childress.

yeah, i had delfino starting at the 3 since i dealt for him...not really sure why i decided to change that up

SeanTaylorRIP
06-30-2011, 08:13 AM
It's too late now but Fenikz is there any reason why you didn't amnesty Rashard? He's taking half of your salary is is your 3rd string SF.

fenikz
06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
giant expiring i guess, no real reason to cut him, no reason to keep him around either i guess

fenikz
06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
and sorry for dragging FA just trying to get 1 more shooter

but
PG Chris Paul - Rodney Stuckey - Earl Boykins - Zabian Dowdell
SG Jared Dudley - Willie Green - Dominique Jones
SF Grant Hill - Kelenna Azubuike - Peja Stojakovic
PF David West - Channing Frye - Gani Lawal
C Nenê - Robin Lopez - Garret Siler

seems like a solid one year team with only $25,350,000 in guaranteed contracts for next year

Brodeur
06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Willie Green is worse than Earl Boykins.

fenikz
06-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't expect either to play any significant minutes

RaiderNation
06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Sacramento Kings:

PG: Tyreke Evans(38 Min)
SG: Marcus Thornton(35 Min)
SF: Mike Miller(28 Min)
PF: DeMarcus Cousins(32 Min)
C: Samuel Dalembert(26 Min)

Bench:
SG/SF Francisco Garcia(24 Min)
PF/C Jason Thompson(24 Min)
PG Brandon Knight(22 Min)
PF Darnell Jackson(6 Min)
SG/SF Tyler Honeycutt(3 Min)
PG Pooh Jeter(1 Min)
C Dj Mbenga (1 Min)

D-League Players:
PF/C Hassan Whiteside
C Dexter Pittman

Salary Cap: $43M

fenikz
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Active roster min is 12 and max is 15 right?

princefielder28
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Active roster min is 12 and max is 15 right?

i believe that is correct

diabsoule
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
FA is winding down. I guess once these last batch of signings are announced that they will be the last.

WMD
06-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Willie Green is worse than Earl Boykins.
Willie Green rules... though he is no Royal Ivey.

DJC
06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Warriors roster pretty much set besides signing a backup big

C: Ekpe Udoh
PF: David Lee | Glen Davis | Louis Amundson
SF: Andre Iguodala | Reggie Williams
SG: Steph Curry | Alec Burks
PG: Devin Harris | Gilbert Arenas | Shelvin Mack

fenikz
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
your bigs are just so horrendous it would be a good team with anything there

fenikz
06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
and no Nick Young doesn't sign with the Pistons, I match the offer

diabsoule
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
and no Nick Young doesn't sign with the Pistons, I match the offer

Ah, alright. Didn't realize he was a RFA

WMD
06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
no Nick Young doesn't sign with the Wziards, I match the offer

fenikz
06-30-2011, 04:54 PM
2011 Wizards
PG John Wall - Mustafa Shakur
SG Nick Young - Travis Leslie - Larry Owens
SF Jan Veselư - Omri Casspi - Rashard Lewis
PF Derrick Favors - Earl Clark - Kevin Seraphin
C Enes Kanter - Hamed Haddadi

I'm thinking like 30 wins maybe

WMD
06-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Free Agency looks done.. Everything has passed 8 hours except for one or two guys.

Is STRIP doing reviews on Season 1 and Season 2? Or just after everything is done? Or neither?

SeanTaylorRIP
06-30-2011, 10:20 PM
For season one I am only doing standings and playoff results for draft purposes, I'll do brief analysis though, I'll start up tomorrow all will be done before the end of the weekend.

YAYareaRB
06-30-2011, 10:41 PM
PG - Baron Davis / Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
SG - Monta Ellis / Raja Bell / Jodie Meeks
SF - Dorrell Wright / Marcus Morris / Gordon Hayward
PF - Josh Smith / Charlie Villanueva / Trevor Booker
C - Al Jefferson / Mehmet Okur / Francisco Elson

WMD
06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Doing a two round 2012 Draft should be interesting..

WMD
07-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Alexis Ajinca turned down a possible Championship and a possible lifetime friendship with Ben Wallace to take the same contract with Golden State for 10 minutes per game and no lifetime friendship with anyone? Pish Posh. I question Ajinca's judgment.

Zycho32
07-01-2011, 12:43 AM
At least 10 minutes of PT per game, versus what, 10 minutes per game once in a blue moon?

princefielder28
07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I need to sign one more player with Boston b/c i only have 11 players...anyone have a problem with me taking Joey Graham???

diabsoule
07-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Go ahead, PF. No one knows who that is anyway.

Brodeur
07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Ehhhhhhhh really?

sbh15
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I'll also trade Millsap+Young for a very good player at basically any position but PG.

YAYareaRB
07-01-2011, 01:41 PM
yes! finally done

WMD
07-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Any problemos if I take Jason Collins for my Lakers?

diabsoule
07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
No, go ahead.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
New Look Rockets:

PG: Kyle Lowry/Lou Williams/Jordan Farmar
SG: John Salmons/Ronnie Brewer
SF: Thabo Sefelosha/Chris Singleton/James Jones
PF: Andrea Bargnani/Taj Gibson/Brian Cardinal
C: Chris Kaman/Anderson Varejao/Aaron Gray

I definitely fixed my scoring issue by acquiring Bargnani, Lou Williams, Salmons, and James Jones.

WMD
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Miami Heat
PG - Beno Udrih / Mario Chalmers / Eddie House / Julyan Stone
SG - Dwyane Wade / Marco Belinelli
SF - LeBron James / Mike Dunleavy
PF - Chris Bosh / Udonis Haslem / Reggie Evans
C - Joel Anthony / Kyrylo Fesenko / Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Jeremy Tyler

Los Angeles Lakers
PG - Kirk Hinrich / Derek Fisher / Will Bynum
SG - Kobe Bryant / Brandon Rush / Cam Long
SF - Danny Granger / Lamar Odom / Jason Kapono
PF - Pau Gasol / Jason Maxiell
C - Roy Hibbert / Ben Wallace / Jason Collins

LTgiants
07-01-2011, 08:46 PM
The New Portland Trailblazers

C Marcus Camby/ Anthony Randolph/ Ryan Hollins
PF Lamarcus Aldridge/ Patrick Patterson/ Leon Powe
SF Gerald Wallace/ Tobias Harris/ Luke Babbitt
SG Wesley Matthews/ Brandon Roy/ Elliot Williams
PG Andre Miller/ Aaron Brooks/ Patty Mills

fenikz
07-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Randolph def can't play C, do love the pick of Harris and the addition of Patterson, but as you know I'm not a Batum fan

Brodeur
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Haha Randolph backup center.

LTgiants
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Haha Randolph backup center.

He is baby Marcus Camby. He can learn how to build his body to be strong enough to play the 5 just like Camby has.

Brodeur
07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
He is baby Marcus Camby. He can learn how to build his body to be strong enough to play the 5 just like Camby has.

He is absolutely nothing like Marcus Camby.

LTgiants
07-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Have you not seen young Marcus Camby? Cause Randolph is actually pretty similar.

yo123
07-01-2011, 09:54 PM

They have the same skin tone and they're both incredibly skinny?

sbh15
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
well they're pretty much the same player physically, camby is just a little bulkier. obviously they aren't the same player because anthony randolph is has a lot of development to do. camby is a much better rebounder and more disciplined at blocking shots, but he has about 10+ years in the league on randolph. right now anthony randolph is soft but is already a good shot blocker and with some work (and toughness), he could be camby-esque defensively

yo123
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Randolph is closer to a 3 than he is a 5.

Zycho32
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Alright, I may as well post them here too.

Denver Nuggets Depth Chart:

C: Chris Andersen/Timofey Mozgov/Kosta Koufos
PF: Andrei Kirilenko/Chris Wilcox/Rick Jackson
SF: Danilo Gallinari/James Posey/Luke Walton
SG: Aron Affalo/Shannon Brown/David Lighty
PG: Ty Lawson/Norris Cole

Starters:
C: Chris Andersen (30 MPG, more if he can handle it)
PF: Andrei Kirilenko (35-38 MPG)
SF: Danilo Gallinari (30-35 MPG)
SG: Aron Affalo (25-30 MPG, more if he's effective)
PG: Ty Lawson (30 MPG, more if he can handle it)
Key Rotation Players:
Chris Wilcox (Key Backup at the 4/5 spots, guaranteed 15-20 MPG)
Shannon Brown (JR Smith role, with some backup Point duty, guaranteed 15-20 MPG
James Posey (Key Swingman Backup, 15 MPG, maybe more if situation requires it)
Luke Walton (Backup Forward, PT is situational or if foul trouble arises)
Norris Cole (Backup Point Guard, PT is situational, or if Brown can't hack it at the Point)
11-12 Men:
Timofey Mozgov ('Size' Big Man in case of situation or Foul Trouble)
Rick Jackson (PF prospect)
Inactive List:
Kosta Koufos (C Prospect)
David Lighty (Swingman Prospect)

Toronto Raptors Depth Chart:

C: Andris Biedrins/Ed Davis
PF: Luis Scola/Amir Johnson/Solomon Alabi
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Donatas Montiejunas/James Johnson/Linas Kleiza
SG: DeMar DeRozan/Rudy Fernandez
PG: Jose Calderon/Jerryd Bayless

Starters:
C: Andris Biedrins (36-38 MPG)
PF: Luis Scola (36-38 MPG)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (30-35 MPG)
SG: DeMar DeRozan (36-38 MPG)
PG: Jose Calderon (30-35 MPG)
Key Rotation Players:
Amir Johnson (Backup PF, 15 MPG at the 4 and small stints at the 3 and 5, maybe)
Ed Davis (Backup C, 10-12 MPG)
Jerryd Bayless (Backup PG, 15 MPG or so)
Rudy Fernandez (Backup SG, 12-15 MPG, maybe a small stint at PG)
James Johnson (Backup SF, 12-18 MPG)
11-12 Men:
Donatas Montiejunas (Garbage time at the forward spots or even the 5 until he develops)
Solomon Alabi (Foul Trouble Insurance)
Injured List- then Inactive List:
Linas Kleinza

RaiderNation
07-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Looking at next years draft, I think there is potentially 3 legit superstar type prospects coming out(Barnes, Davis and McAdoo). All are SF/PF types that usually make bigger impacts in the NBA compared to the run of PG's we have had these last 4 or so years. If Davis can add maybe 10-15lbs he can be a really great player.

And then you have other guys like Perry Jones, Marquis Teague, Jared Sullenger and Austin Rivers who all seem to be on levels close to what Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams graded out too. All I know is I think next years draft can potentially be one of the best draft classes in the last 5 years.

fenikz
07-02-2011, 03:34 PM
doubt ill be picking that high but if i am either the pick of Vesley/Favors will be on the block

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Looking at next years draft, I think there is potentially 3 legit superstar type prospects coming out(Barnes, Davis and McAdoo). All are SF/PF types that usually make bigger impacts in the NBA compared to the run of PG's we have had these last 4 or so years. If Davis can add maybe 10-15lbs he can be a really great player.

And then you have other guys like Perry Jones, Marquis Teague, Jared Sullenger and Austin Rivers who all seem to be on levels close to what Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams graded out too. All I know is I think next years draft can potentially be one of the best draft classes in the last 5 years.

I'm not quite sure I understand that statement, as the guys you are talking about are the likes of Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Curry, who have become immediate stars.

Brodeur
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
You're forgetting Drummond here. If he fights a ruling with a lawyer, he could come right out of high school to the NBA given his age.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2011, 04:15 PM
If Drummond is eligible he is the #1 pick in the draft hands down. You don't pass up on a big with his potential for anyone. Hey if Enes Kanter could go #3 with all the mystery, Drummond can go #1 no doubt. I mean there is no way of telling how he will develop into his body but the guy just has one of the most freakish skill sets I've seen, it's like he has Dwight Howard physical gifts and a Lamar Odom type skill set. Definitely one of the most interesting prospects in a long time.

RaiderNation
07-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand that statement, as the guys you are talking about are the likes of Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Curry, who have become immediate stars.

I was trying to say SF/PF is the premium position in the NBA and we haven't had a star prospect in those positions for the last few drafts. When you look at the top players in the NBA, most all are Forwards(LeBron, Melo, Durrant, Dirk ect...). Adding a all star PG is good, but when you add a stud at the Forward positions it seems automatic that your team will at least be in the playoffs.

Also I didnt add Drummond since his situation is still up in the air. If he is indeed allowed into the 2012 draft he has to be a top 2 pick.

fenikz
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
/me googles drummond

DX says he is 17 how could he be eligible?

RaiderNation
07-02-2011, 05:05 PM
/me googles drummond

DX says he is 17 how could he be eligible?

He was held back and originally apart of the 2011 class. I guess he has enough classes to actually still graduate and be considered a member of the 2011 class if he wants to reclassify. He hasnt made up his mind as of now though, but if he did reclassify I believe he wouldn't be able to play in College this year and probably go down the same road as Enes Kanter.

Brodeur
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
He could have played college ball this year, but he didn't really feel like it.

fenikz
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I say throw his ass in the pool then

WMD
07-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Fenikz is that a racist comment? I think that was a racist comment. Where's Al Sharpton when you need him?

fenikz
07-03-2011, 05:39 AM
i didnt even know he was black *wink wink*

WMD
07-03-2011, 06:00 AM
HE PLAYS BASKETBALL DOESNT HE

Shouldn't that be a dead giveaway???

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:06 AM
How are we gonna handle the lottery?

Zycho32
07-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, a quick search and I can't find an actual 'lottery engine' that can duplicate the NBA Lottery process.

It feels like this might have to be done painfully low-tech, like putting team names in a hat- proportional to their draft odds- and pulling them out one at a time.

Then again, what do I know? I've no foreknowledge of how you guys simulate this.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 10:51 AM
What i've had to to before is use random.org's list generator

http://www.random.org/lists/

250 names for #1, 199 for #2, etc and when you randomize it basically act like the name on tops ball was picked

but you have to follow rules, like #1 can't pick lower than 4th

Zycho32
07-03-2011, 11:06 AM
That seems like a rule not necessarily needed to be followed, since the Lottery really only decides the Top 3, am I right?

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:24 AM
just did a quick mock lottery with standings I made real quickly

1. Bucks(1)
2. Bobcats(2)
3. Nuggets(5)
4. Pistons(3)
5. Wizards(8)
6. Warriors(6)
7. Raptors(4)
8. Pacers(11)
9. Cavs(7)
10. Clippers(12)
11. T'Wolves(9)
12. Kings(10)
13. Grizzlies(13)
14. 76ers(14)

didn't even have to rig the Wizards getting a top 5 pick :D

sbh15
07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_lottosim.php

just replace the teams with our standings

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:31 AM
oooo brilliant

scottyboy
07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
cool, bring up the lotto simulator for when the Nets lost out on John Wall. THATS COOL!
STRIP, you said you're posting your standings sometime soon?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll have it today.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
BTW what I think I'll do with the lottery is I'll ask a poster not involved in the lottery if they can run the espn lottery machine and tell me the order, from that order I will match it up with the standings I create. For example if he does the lottery machine and Cleveland wins it that means the worst team in my rankings gets the first pick and etc.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:57 AM
cavs are on there twice & it doesnt specify which is which

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 12:05 PM

That will only be a problem if the Cavs land 2 top 3 picks in the simulator which is highly unlikely, otherwise I will be able to tell which one is the pick from the Clippers.

sbh15
07-03-2011, 12:49 PM

if you do the espn one it should give the percentage chance of winning with the pick

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7248/thingt.png

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 12:53 PM
right thanks.

sbh15
07-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Final Roster for this Off-Season

PG :: Tony Parker / Keyon Dooling
SG :: Evan Turner / Courtney Lee / C.J. Miles
SF :: Thaddeus Young / C.J. Miles / Jamario Moon
PF :: Paul Millsap / Craig Smith / Tristan Thompson
C :: Antonio McDyess / Etan Thomas / Tristan Thompson

Definitely going to be a running team like Collins said he wanted to put together when he took over. A lot of really good athletes and defenders at the 1-3 positions, which will be big against teams like Miami, Boston, and Chicago. Very undersized in the post, but there are a lot of guys who don't need the offense run through them to score which allows Parker, Turner, and Young to create.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 02:09 PM
im excited for the standings :D

DJC
07-03-2011, 02:20 PM
im excited for the standings :D

Cant wait to see how many wins the Bucks are predicted for.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I think you got the 1st overall pick on lock

Barnes or Davis?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I think you got the 1st overall pick on lock

Barnes or Davis?

We are doing a lottery.

DJC
07-03-2011, 02:34 PM
We are doing a lottery.

Im going to have some many ping pong balls though I'll break the system, guaranteed 1st pick cause the league feels sorry for us.

Going with LeBryan Nash with #1, solely on the basis that he can not be a bust with that name.

yo123
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Andre Drummond sounds like a great athlete name to me as well.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
It's obviously way too early to tell but comparing them he really looks like Dwight Howard with a SF skill set. It's always a tough game projecting guys but he really is the most unique high school prospect since maybe Greg Oden or LeBron.

DJC
07-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Naah

Drummond > Drums > Chicken Drums > Lazy

Bust

RaiderNation
07-03-2011, 05:54 PM
It's obviously way too early to tell but comparing them he really looks like Dwight Howard with a SF skill set. It's always a tough game projecting guys but he really is the most unique high school prospect since maybe Greg Oden or LeBron.

I saw an Amar'e Stoudemire and thought it was a good comparison. Similar physical build and can play in the low and high post.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I saw an Amar'e Stoudemire and thought it was a good comparison. Similar physical build and can play in the low and high post.

Right now physically they are similar but he still can grow taller and into his body but he's already a bit taller and 20 pounds bigger than Stat.

LTgiants
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I keep thinking of Mr.Drummond from different strokes every time I see everyone talking about Andre Drummond.

yo123
07-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Talent seems incredible, but I wish he dominated more at the high school level.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
strip get to work im bored and its hot out

DJC
07-03-2011, 06:29 PM
strip get to work im bored and its hot out
This. Dont make me and fenikz form a mob.

Docta
07-03-2011, 07:30 PM
And I don't think Drummond should be eligible in this draft. His HS coach doesn't think he'll declare, and even his mom wants him to go to college.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Season results posted, and yes I am ready to be attacked.

scottyboy
07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
ouch. LAST TIME YOU SAID HAMADY WAS A KEY SIGNING FOR THE NETS!
i will admit, I didn't make any real moves, but my cap space is abundent and ready for the 2012 FA

I also don't see how the Nets are worse than the Cavs or Raps...other than that, no real complaints

yo123
07-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I assume you have me losing in the finals because you forgot to factor in my late acquisition of Josh Powell.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
basically what i expected, shame you made the Mavs the 3 seed, cus i should of def got out of the 1st :p

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 08:13 PM
ouch. LAST TIME YOU SAID HAMADY WAS A KEY SIGNING FOR THE NETS!
i will admit, I didn't make any real moves, but my cap space is abundent and ready for the 2012 FA

I also don't see how the Nets are worse than the Cavs or Raps...other than that, no real complaints

Down the line sure but as of today Hamady is a fouling machine with no real skill.

scottyboy
07-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Down the line sure but as of today Hamady is a fouling machine with no real skill.

Hamady's skills:
Shot blocking
Dunking
Being from Rutgers

Weaknesses:
Nothing

STRIP, you're one of the smartest basketball people I ever met, but here I will have to respectfully disagree with you on Hamady.

oh god...we need football...I haven't let me rutgers homer out in quite sometime

DJC
07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
22 wins for that Bucks team? Thats overrating them.

yo123
07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah the Bucks look like a 7 win team to me. Although I assume that was probably intentional.

princefielder28
07-03-2011, 08:42 PM
The Cavs were hoping to be a playoff team but came up just short...have under 31 million invested in players for next season so we'll be looking to fill that one missing piece in the starting lineup

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 08:49 PM
WOW huge lottery surprise!!! Stay tuned.

LTgiants
07-03-2011, 08:51 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnlu29rgSV1qiftjz.gif

That is my reaction to my ranks lol.

sbh15
07-03-2011, 09:09 PM
about what I expected... I think if there was any team I could upset, though, it was Boston

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:13 PM
lottery is starting now if you want to follow in the lottery thread, I will be revealing one pick at a time.

Docta
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I have both the Lakers picks from the Granger-Bynum trade.

And those Nets are still better than most teams. They didn't really have to make moves. It shouldn't be based on how many moves a team makes.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I have both the Lakers picks from the Granger-Bynum trade.

And those Nets are still better than most teams. They didn't really have to make moves. It shouldn't be based on how many moves a team makes.

Corrected. And yeah I'm not basing things on how many moves you made or else the Thunder wouldn't have won the regular season title and the Heat and Mavs wouldnt' have been where they were. The Nets simply are not a good team.

Brodeur
07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Backup bigs are inexperienced? There's this Kenyon Martin guy...

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Backup bigs are inexperienced? There's this Kenyon Martin guy...

and Kenneth Faried, Jordan Hill. Can't really expect K-mart to be able to handle the bulk of backup minutes.

Brodeur
07-03-2011, 09:38 PM
and Kenneth Faried, Jordan Hill. Can't really expect K-mart to be able to handle the bulk of backup minutes.

Give Blake 36-38 minutes a game and DeAndre about 30, leaving 28-30 minutes. He could easily handle about 20 of those, giving the other two about ten. Plus, K-Mart works as a veteran leader. Not saying I should make the playoffs, but I'm better than that.

Docta
07-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Question: How did you know that the Warriors had a top 3 pick after the Bucks got the 9th?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Give Blake 36-38 minutes a game and DeAndre about 30, leaving 28-30 minutes. He could easily handle about 20 of those, giving the other two about ten. Plus, K-Mart works as a veteran leader. Not saying I should make the playoffs, but I'm better than that.

You are a +5 wins this year, 37 wins is respectable.

Question: How did you know that the Warriors had a top 3 pick after the Bucks got the 9th?

I had this type out before I posted, plus if the Warriors weren't picking 9th that means they are in the top 3, that's how the lottery works.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I ran the lottery machine once and converted towards this draft, believe me it wasn't easy:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/ghettosermon/dfadfdadf.jpg

Brodeur
07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't care for your attitude Ghetto.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Wizards looking to move some of the following for a young star:

Nick Young
Jan Vesley
Enes Kanter
Derrick Favors

and or all of it for Dwight Howard *wink wink*not really all of it

in order from most likely to trade to least

WMD
07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I miiiiiiight break up the BIG THREE.

Also probably willing to move Pow Gasol.

Brodeur
07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
One more thing, really strong starting five for the Kings? Really? Mike Miller is horrible and Marcus Thornton isn't that good.

diabsoule
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
One more thing, really strong starting five for the Kings? Really? Mike Miller is horrible and Marcus Thornton isn't that good.

I think you undervalue Marcus Thornton.

Zycho32
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Wowsers. I wonder how many years it would take to wipe out the myth that Kirilenko is ONLY a [BLEEP]ing wing defender.

The absolute worst part is there are NO true Frontcourt prospects in the top half of the first.

EDIT: So who has a Center worth the #5 Pick?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Wowsers. I wonder how many years it would take to wipe out the myth that Kirilenko is ONLY a [BLEEP]ing wing defender.

The absolute worst part is there are NO true Frontcourt prospects in the top half of the first.

EDIT: So who has a Center worth the #5 Pick?

Andrei Kirlenko is your best post player, yeah I don't think I was exaggerating your teams situation.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:06 PM
i really dont know what to do with the Wizards, adding more young talent only does so much good but there isn't anyone who I think would be available for me to go out and get

DJC
07-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Lmao at tanking with Milwaukee, and getting #1 with the Warriors. Crazy ****.

scottyboy
07-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Nets looking to move up from pick 7.
so, now we just wait on player options and just start all over again with the new mock and new FA list?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Nets looking to move up from pick 7.
so, now we just wait on player options and just start all over again with the new mock and new FA list?

you have houston's first rounder too btw. But yeah if i were you I would try to turn your picks into players.

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:45 PM
107% seem right for a rookie increase? Wall & Favors were both 106.94587089895798547589 etc

or was there a chart cus on my spreadsheet(yes im awesome) i already got numbers down

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:47 PM
107% seem right for a rookie increase? Wall & Favors were both 106.94587089895798547589 etc

or was there a chart cus on my spreadsheet(yes im awesome) i already got numbers down

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9303

shows salaries for 2011 rookies, Wall and other 2010 rookies should have their salaries on hoopshype and shamsports.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:55 PM
no i ment for Kanter, Vesley & such

i know did u see the link?

fenikz
07-03-2011, 11:57 PM
you are clearly making that quote up

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2011, 11:58 PM
lol(10 char)

Brodeur
07-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I don't really know what to do here. Did Aminu and Bledsoe not improve at all? Is Faried not a viable backup big (I mean, he's not exactly going to get much better)? Kind of stuck...

fenikz
07-04-2011, 12:07 AM
I think what you need to do is ship off Mr. Griffin, I'd be much obliged if you considered Washington as a friend and trading partner :)

scottyboy
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
jeebus, only 3 guys on the Nets now are under contract for the next season. A vast majority have options and such, but man do I have a load of cash to play around with

Brodeur
07-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I think what you need to do is ship off Mr. Griffin, I'd be much obliged if you considered Washington as a friend and trading partner :)

I base all of my trades on how much my trade partner is willing to cuddle with me.

WMD
07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
It would've been kewl if we did a Trade Deadline for this season, so we could see where we're at and makes moves accordingly.. Trade for expirings and picks and such.

RaiderNation
07-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I agree wth everything you said about the Kings. Depending on how Honeycutt progress', I think adding one more impact big man could really be the only move I need to make. A rotation of Evans, Thornton and Knight in the back court really excites me and also with a lil Garcia at SG would be good too. Too the poster who said my starting 5 is that good, Miller is a great compliment to Evans and Thornton since he is a consistent 3 point shooter and an underrated passer at SF. Also if Cousins keeps his head on straight I dont see how he doesn't become at top 5 big man in the league.

D-Unit
07-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Forgot to include Michael Beasley on my depth chart. doh.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Forgot to include Michael Beasley on my depth chart. doh.

Sorry D, I tried to make adjustments to teams rosters who I knew were missing someone, but there were just so many damn transactions to remember.