PDA

View Full Version : Mock, Mock, Mock, 2012 v1.0

Poz51
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
My first version of my 2012 mock. The order is just a quick projection, I put little serious thought into it. Intial thoughts of mine include; this could be one of the deepest drafts in terms of the first round in years depending on who declares, this could be the deepest QB draft since 83 in terms of top end QB prospects, and as of right now I see top ten talent through the top twenty of the draft. As always I will respond as soon as I can to any comments and or critiques, which as long as they are not ignorant, are appreciated. Enjoy!!

2012 v 1.0
Mock Draft
Round 1

1 – Cincinnati – Andrew Luck (QB – Stanford)
I have given out two 100 grades in the last ten years, one was to Julius Peppers, the other was to Ndamukong Suh. Andrew Luck is now the third. I give that grade to players I believe will be going to the Hall of Fame, and Luck has all the mental and physical ability and make up to reach that destination. Regardless of who is on the roster, whom was just drafted, or how much Luck gets picked apart this year by “professional” evaluators, one thing is certain: Luck would have been the best player in last year’s draft, will be the best in this year’s draft, and would be the next in next year’s draft. You just don’t pass on him if you are picking #1 period. Let the B.S. begin…
Grade: #1 Pick

2 – Carolina – Justin Blackmon (WR – Ok. St.)
Blackmon would have been my #2 receiver last year ahead of Julio Jones. Productive, physical, an excellent route runner who understands coverage knows how to create space, and can catch the clock. Blackmon plays big in big games, has under rated change of direction skills and game speed. Like Dez Bryant off the field issue’s may cause a drop in Blackmon’s stock, but watching him play Nebraska and Texas last year has me sold. Alshon Jeffery for those of you wondering would be #3 ahead of Julio Jones last year….
Grade: Top 5

3 – Denver – Jerel Worthy (DT – Mich. St.)
Worthy is an explosive athlete with very good agility and change of direction skills, his ability to penetrate while forcing opponents to double team him will fit in nicely with Denver’s 4-3 defense, where I think he fits best. While still growing into his body, if Worthy steps up his game like I believe he will, this spot might be right where he fits perfectly and complements Denver’s current personnel.
Grade: Top Ten

4 – Cleveland – Alshon Jeffery (WR – S. Carolina)
While having fantastic size, body control, and being a monster in the red zone, Jeffery has deceptive speed. Having already proved himself in the SEC, Jeffery could easily put himself at the top of this receiver class come next April. Alshon should be a great fit into the Browns passing attack, giving them a legitimate #1 threat.

5 – Buffalo – Landry Jones (QB – Oklahoma)
While not on the cerebral level of Andrew Luck, Jones is not too far behind in that he has a natural understanding of the game. Jones does have a stronger arm though, and has shown resiliency in coming back from throwing 3 picks in the first half of the O.S.U. game to win, and being down 17-0 to Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship game in the first half, led the comeback charge to win. I expect Jones to keep growing and improving this year, and by next April to be the second rated QB in the draft, who I would rate as a better QB prospect than any of the 2011 QB’s. Landry is Buffalo’s future franchise QB, with time to learn behind Fitzpatrick that will only benefit Jones and the Bills in the long run.

6 – Washington – Matt Barkley (QB – U.S.C.)
Washington should be in the market for a QB next year, as I do not for see John Beck setting the world on fire by any means next year. Barkley is the best available option, despite not having all the physical ability Shanny normally looks for, Barkley has enough to come in and give the Skins a major upgrade at the QB spot. If Barkley improves an already strong arm and solid accuracy he could be one of three QB’s taken in the top five, his ball placement maybe the second best in this QB class already, and if he can continue to show improvement this season will have a top ten grade going into the 2012 draft in my opinion.

7 – Minnesota – Matt Kalil (LT – U.S.C.)
If you didn’t know, well now you do, Matt Kalil was the reason Tyron Smith (#9 pick overall in 2011) was stuck on the right side at U.S.C. Although not as athletic as Smith is, Kalil is more polished, and with another season of improvement Kalil will be the more well rounded prospect coming out of college, and will help the Vikings transition out of the “Mount” McKinnie era at LT.

8 – Miami – Nick Foles (QB – Arizona)
“Four QB’s taken in the first eight picks! Poz51 has lost his mind!” With the ability to play under pressure and lead his team to 4th quarter come backs, coupled with his arm strength and physical attributes, I fully expect Foles to work on his footwork, and mechanics this year, improve his accuracy and challenge to be one of the top 3 or 4 QB’s taken in the 2012 draft. Had Foles declared in 2011 I would have had him as my second rated QB prospect, and not too far behind Cameron Newton.

9 – San Francisco – Dre Kirkpatrick (CB – Alabama)
Kirkpatrick is a physical, ball-hawking corner, who has a great feel and understanding of the game. Kirkpatrick has the physical tools to play press and physically man handle receivers at the line, and can run with smaller/quicker receivers. I see Dre as being a step behind Patrick Peterson at this point in their careers, but ahead of the Prince, and a great fit in 49er land.

10 – Tennessee – Quinton Couples (DE – U.N.C.)
Couples has the size to be an effective 4-3 defensive end, and with a little more bulk and strength, Couples could significantly improve his already good run defense. In rushing the passer, Couples has excellent hand usage, gets off blocks quickly and uses his acceleration very effectively once he is the backfield. With the Kenny Britt situation deteriorating rapidly this off season, a wide receiver maybe in the cards, that is if one happens to fall or work his way into this spot come next April.

11– Jacksonville – Stephon Gilmore (CB – S. Carolina)
With elite caliber coverage ability, toughness, playmaking ability, Gilmore only turns 21 this season and could challenge Dre Kirkpatrick for the #1 cornerback spot in next April’s draft. If Gilmore can rebound from his “All SEC” slump last year, he could see his draft stock end up in the top ten.
Grade: 1st Round

12 – Seattle – Ryan Lindley (QB – San Diego St.)
Despite being the 5th quarterback taken, and first self-admitted reach in this mock, Lindley is a prospect I like a lot. He has the size, arm and ability to make those around him better, just ask Vincent Brown. Despite some of his statistical short comings, I think proper coaching will make a significant impact on Lindley as a professional quarterback.

13 – Arizona – Donte Paige-Moss (OLB/DE – U.N.C.)
Paige-Moss has the athletic ability to make the transition to OLB in a 3-4 defense, and if his development continues this year, could find himself in the top ten of next year’s draft. Paige-Moss has the quickest first step in the draft I believe right now, and should give the Cardinals an impact presence off the edge.

14 – Oakland – Jonathan Martin (LT – Stanford)
With improved footwork this season, Martin could easily become a top ten prospect. Already having good knee bend, a physical play through the whistle style, the power to get a push in the run game, and a good feel for the game make Martin a no brainer for the Raiders. Martin helps an anemic offensive line.

15 – Houston – Riley Reiff (LT – Iowa)
While not the best athlete in the draft at LT, Reiff like his former Iowa predecessors is a technically sound prospect who plays with a nasty demeanor, and will be groomed to replace Duane Brown who’s contract runs out after the 2012/2013 season, granted the world is still around. The Texans could always grab some more help on the defensive backend, and who would blame them?

16 – Dallas – Ray Ray Armstrong (FS – Miami)
Armstrong has the speed, range, and physical style to the game that remind me among many others of the late Sean Taylor. Armstrong can play either FS or SS at the next level and be an upgrade, especially in the Dallas secondary.

17 – N.Y.G. – Vontaze Burfict (ILB – A.S.U.)
Burfict is a 3 down, multi-tooled player who can do it all. Giants fans should be thrilled that Burfict falls to them at this spot, and will be even more thrilled if he learns to control himself more in his junior season. If Burfict can learn to control his raw emotion and passion for the game, he will fly up draft boards come April. Instictually and physically, I could see Burfict being a top ten guy.

18 – N.Y.J. – Brandon Jenkins (OLB/DE – F.S.U.)
The Jets need to bolster the pass rush, and Jenkins has all the tools to OLB in the NFL. Athletic, possessing a good dip and spin move, that help counter his above average edge speed. Jenkins will give blitz happy Rex Ryan more options defensively.

19– Chicago – Kelechi Osemele (G/T – Iowa St.)
The Bears got off to a good start rebuilding the offensive line in the 2011 draft, and look to continue the rebuilding project in 2012. Osemele I believe will ultimately be a guard in the NFL, but has shown the ability to play tackle as well, and could see his draft stock soar with a strong season.

20 – Tampa Bay – Trent Richardson (RB – Alabama)
Richardson’s slide in this mock finally ends with the Bucs looking to give Josh Freeman and the offense an explosive playmaker, who can take it to the house on any given play. Although Richardson may not be a need, the value is too much to pass on.

21 – San Diego – Brandon Lindsey (OLB/DE – Pitt.)
The Chargers look to upgrade the pass rush, and Lindsey filled in very well for Greg Romeus. Lindsey will need some time to learn coverage and drops as 3-4 OLB, but has athletic ability to succeed.

22 – St. Louis – Zach Brown (OLB – U.N.C.)
Brown is the do all type of linebacker who can make impact plays all over the field, and will give the Rams two young outstanding linebackers to build around. Brown can play sideline to sideline, make the play himself, cover tight ends, backs, and many receivers.

23 – Baltimore – Luke Kuechly (ILB – B.C.)
Instinctual and smart, Kuechly reads offenses like few others can. Capable of making the tackle, Kuechly can also cover, and his leadership abilities rival those of anyone in the draft. Kuechly needs to bulk up some more, but he is always in position and never takes false steps.

24– Philadelphia – Alphonzo Dennard (CB – Nebraska)
The Eagles need a corner, and why not take a physical and aggressive one with good ball skills, who allows little separation? Dennard would allow Philly to continue their aggressive style of defense and contain receivers on the back end.

25 – Kansas City – Courtney Upshaw (LB – Alabama)
Upshaw is the do it all backer, who will fit in wonderfully in the Chiefs defense. Capable of blitzing, Upshaw can shed blockers and make the play in run defense as well. An effort player who contributes no matter the situation, Upshaw is versatile and a guy I like a lot as a 3-4 ILB at the NFL level.

26 – Detroit – Matt Reynolds ( LT – B.Y.U.)
Backus cannot play forever, and Reynolds can start once he moves on to retirement. Having a legit blindside protect of the future for Matthew Stanford is not a bad idea either.

27 – Pittsburgh – Chase Minnifield (CB – Virginia)
Blitzburg needs help on the back end, which was fairly evident in the Superbowl. Minnifield can not only cover, but pick-off the ball when the opportunity arises. Great value pick for the Steelers defense at the end of the first round.

28 – Cleveland (via Atl.) – Vinny Curry (DE – Marshall)
Curry is similar to Jabal Sheard, and compliments him well. Curry could be one of the more under rated prospects heading into the upcoming college season, and will have the opportunity to drastically alter his draft stock this season.

29 – Indianapolis – Robert Lester (FS – Alabama)
Indy needs help in their secondary and Lester is just the type of player on the back end who can cover the deep half, and make impact plays.

30 – New England (via N.O.) – Michael Floyd (WR – Notre Dame)
The Patriots have plenty of weapons on offense to move the chains, but none like Floyd. Floyd can out muscle smaller DB’s and compete for the ball with all defensive backs. New England is the perfect place for Floyd to go and straighten himself out.
Grade: 1st - 2nd Round

31 – New England – Vince Browne (OLB/DE – Northwestern)
Similar to Ryan Kerrigan, Browne is an all effort guy. Browne is the type of player who will flourish under coach BB, and BB will love to coach.

32 – Green Bay – Jared Crick (DE/DT – Nebraska)
Green Bay looks to add more talent upfront, which may be depleted through free agency and/or general stupidity. Crick is a 3-4 conversion type who can come in and replace whomever I am speaking of, while not providing any sort of let down.

K Train
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Chase Minnifield <33333333333333

Pisses me off missing out on Dennard to philly, he would look SO GOOD as a steeler, but minnifield is the second best CB to the steelers imo.

Teo would be a good pick there too

Razor
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I'd take Jeff Fuller for the Patriots over Michael Floyd due to Floyd's character concerns. But Floyd is a nice player as well and I wouldn't by any means be disappointed if we got him. Vince Browne is someone who's on my radar, I really like him as a 3-4 OLB. Good picks for the Patriots imo.

Pat Sims 90
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
The Bengals will not take a QB in the 1st the entire Oganization has faith in Andy Dalton and won't give up on him after the 1st season. Plus there will not be a new coaching staff next year because Marvin Lewis signed a 2 year deal.

K Train
06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
The Bengals will not take a QB in the 1st the entire Oganization has faith in Andy Dalton and won't give up on him after the 1st season. Plus there will not be a new coaching staff next year because Marvin Lewis signed a 2 year deal.

there was no chance the panthers would take an extremely raw, not even close to a finished product, hit or miss type prospect as a QB #1 when they drafted jimmy clausen either.

why would the bengals take a damn near sure fire, as close to perfect as you can get QB prospect when they have jordan palmer and a 2nd round ginger career backup that led them to a #1 overall pick.

then again....i guess it is the bengals

EricCartmann
06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Say if Dalton has a very good year. I am talking Dan Marino type Rookie year, 1) do you still go ahead and draft Luck?
2) Or do you trade that for 4 high round draft picks?
3) Or do you take Luck and trade Dalton for 4 high round draft pick?

3 is the most undesirable since you should never trade a proven QB for an unproven QB.

K Train
06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
the dolphins went 12-4 wit rookie dan marino....how would dalton have a dan marino like rookie year and have the bengals picking #1?

ellsy82
06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
there was no chance the panthers would take an extremely raw, not even close to a finished product, hit or miss type prospect as a QB #1 when they drafted jimmy clausen either.

why would the bengals take a damn near sure fire, as close to perfect as you can get QB prospect when they have jordan palmer and a 2nd round ginger career backup that led them to a #1 overall pick.

Simms doesn't think any position is worthy of the Bengals first round pick. I think Worthy and Kirkpatrick are his only two fallbacks. But he probably doesn't like those particular prospects either.

prock
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Say if Dalton has a very good year. I am talking Dan Marino type Rookie year, 1) do you still go ahead and draft Luck?
2) Or do you trade that for 4 high round draft picks?
3) Or do you take Luck and trade Dalton for 4 high round draft pick?

3 is the most undesirable since you should never trade a proven QB for an unproven QB.

A quarterback who had a good rookie year is NOT a proven NFL quarterback. And you would never get four high round picks for Dalton.

And I love Kalil to the Vikings.

niel89
06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
If Dalton has a crazy awesome rookie year then you would have to entertain the idea of trading away that top pick. In your scenario you would probably trade the pick for 4 high picks.

In reality though, Dalton is not even close to a good reason to not draft Luck. Dalton may play solidly in his rookie year and he may lead you to think that he could develop into a franchise type of QB, but Dalton is not a lights out choice. All indications point to Luck going on to being a fantastic NFL QB and you don't pass on that unless you all ready have a true franchise QB.

If Dalton plays pretty well, you still probably draft Luck. Having 2 good quarterbacks never hurts.

EricCartmann
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
A quarterback who had a good rookie year is NOT a proven NFL quarterback. And you would never get four high round picks for Dalton.

And I love Kalil to the Vikings.

I know I am playing the "what if" game. But if Dalton has a Dan Marino type rookie year it would be very hard for me to let him go.

Of the top 10 QB rookie years of all time based on this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/rookieqbs,

7 of those then rookies went on to the Hall of Fame.

A rookie year is only one year, but if he has a monster year, history has shown he will continue.

Edit: Waterfield is in the hall of fame, so that makes 7

prock
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
If he has a top 7 rookie year of all time, they won't be picking #1 and won't take a quarterback.

K Train
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
the only way they dont take luck is if they dont pick #1, in which case whoever is picking #1 will take him

EricCartmann
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
If he has a top 7 rookie year of all time, they won't be picking #1 and won't take a quarterback.

true dat..................

phlysac
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Question...

Who would be your 5th Top-5 ranked player?

You have...

Pat Sims 90
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM

The Panthers brought in a new coaching staff and they had no faith in Clausen at all. Marvin will be here here another year even if they pick 1st overall and Gruden, Marvin, and Brown all have faith in Dalton and Mike Brown does not give up on QBs their 1st years ala Akili Smith. More then likely Dalton won't even start this year and either Jordan Palmer or a Veteran will start for them. They will do the same thing with Dalton that they did with Palmer and make him sit a year.

Unbiased
06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
I love the Jacksonville pick. Gilmore would be an excellent replacement for Mathis.

ellsy82
06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
The Panthers brought in a new coaching staff and they had no faith in Clausen at all. Marvin will be here here another year even if they pick 1st overall and Gruden, Marvin, and Brown all have faith in Dalton and Mike Brown does not give up on QBs their 1st years ala Akili Smith. More then likely Dalton won't even start this year and either Jordan Palmer or a Veteran will start for them. They will do the same thing with Dalton that they did with Palmer and make him sit a year.

Who would you like to draft with the first pick in 2012?

ellsy82
06-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Question...

You have...

1. Luck
2. Kalil
3. Fluker
4. Jeffery
5. Barkley

Pat Sims 90
06-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Who would you like to draft with the first pick in 2012?

If they had the 1st overall pick i would like them to trade it because someone is willing to give up the kitchen Sink for Luck or another QB. Then with the picks they had i would like them to get a passrushing DL and a either a cover corner or a playmaking Safety. If they cant trade it i would just take Luck then either Trade Luck/Palmer or Dalton/Palmer. I am not sold on Luck then most as being a safe prospect nobody should be consider a safe prospect.

K Train
06-18-2011, 06:08 PM
he has an awful lot of safety around him when you compare him to cam newton...no prospect is completely safe, but its ludicrous to think some arent much safer than others. he has hall of fame potential, you just dont pass on that regardless of who you have

detroit4life
06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Not sure San Fran goes CB 2 years in a row....

I like the pick for DET. Aslong as its a OT Cb or LB its good with me

cmarq83
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM

This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If the Bengals are picking first it would mean that something went horribly wrong with Dalton, and perhaps this faith that you're alluring to will be shaken. Seeing how part of the benefit of picking a guy like Dalton over a more raw guy like Kaepernick was that he was more ready to play. So after the season they would be left with an averagely talented QB who just lead them to the worst record in the NFL, and they would for some reason pass over a guy who will most likely be the top rated prospect in a long time at the most important position in sports?

By all accounts Dalton isn't going to wow you with his physical skills, and he has the edge virtually nowhere vs. Luck. Even if Dalton eventually turned out ok like a Matt Cassel type, he'd still have set his franchise back if Luck is everything we think he is.

Even from a Mike Brown is cheap standpoint this doesn't make sense. If he can lock in a top QB prospect for 4-5 years with a rookie wage scale he could afford to be even cheaper in the future since a great QB can operate a good offense with ok pieces around him. It would allow him to put a decent product on the field for even cheaper. Not to mention the publicity the Bengals would get for having Luck. Plus he'd make a killing selling jerseys.

K Train
06-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Not sure San Fran goes CB 2 years in a row....

I like the pick for DET. Aslong as its a OT Cb or LB its good with me

49ers didnt go CB this year

K Train
06-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Even from a Mike Brown is cheap standpoint this doesn't make sense. If he can lock in a top QB prospect for 4-5 years with a rookie wage scale he could afford to be even cheaper in the future since a great QB can operate a good offense with ok pieces around him. It would allow him to put a decent product on the field for even cheaper. Not to mention the publicity the Bengals would get for having Luck. Plus he'd make a killing selling jerseys.

not to mention luck to AJ green could be an all world combo one day

Pat Sims 90
06-18-2011, 07:14 PM
This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If the Bengals are picking first it would mean that something went horribly wrong with Dalton, and perhaps this faith that you're alluring to will be shaken. Seeing how part of the benefit of picking a guy like Dalton over a more raw guy like Kaepernick was that he was more ready to play. So after the season they would be left with an averagely talented QB who just lead them to the worst record in the NFL, and they would for some reason pass over a guy who will most likely be the top rated prospect in a long time at the most important position in sports?

By all accounts Dalton isn't going to wow you with his physical skills, and he has the edge virtually nowhere vs. Luck. Even if Dalton eventually turned out ok like a Matt Cassel type, he'd still have set his franchise back if Luck is everything we think he is.

Andrew Luck wont wow u with his physical skills he does not have a big arm. Luck and Dalton have about the same amount of Arm Strength. The only thing that Luck has better then Dalton is his Accuracy. Tom Brady and Petyon Manning did not wow with their physical skills. Brady did not have a great arm till he got in the league and Peyton was the same way. U can't Write off a player before he takes a snap in the NFL and Basically that is what Dalton is getting on this board. Alot of people on this board though Brady Quinn, Russell would be amazing QBs in the NFL and look how that turned out. I am not saying that Dalton will be a amazing QB in the NFL but u have to give him a couple years before u bring in a replacement for him.

K Train
06-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Andrew Luck wont wow u with his physical skills he does not have a big arm. Luck and Dalton have about the same amount of Arm Strength. The only thing that Luck has better then Dalton is his Accuracy.
lol just stop, thats ridiculous

Pat Sims 90
06-18-2011, 07:21 PM
lol just stop, thats ridiculous

Put on the tape Dalton could make any throw that Luck can make. Both of their Arms are not Cannons. Both their games are Short to Medium range.

cmarq83
06-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Andrew Luck wont wow u with his physical skills he does not have a big arm. Luck and Dalton have about the same amount of Arm Strength. The only thing that Luck has better then Dalton is his Accuracy. Tom Brady and Petyon Manning did not wow with their physical skills. Brady did not have a great arm till he got in the league and Peyton was the same way. U can't Write off a player before he takes a snap in the NFL and Basically that is what Dalton is getting on this board. Alot of people on this board though Brady Quinn, Russell would be amazing QBs in the NFL and look how that turned out. I am not saying that Dalton will be a amazing QB in the NFL but u have to give him a couple years before u bring in a replacement for him.

This scenario is entirely dependent on how Dalton performs. If the Bengals are picking 1st that means that Dalton would have led them to the worst record in the NFL barring an injury or an unforeseen starter emerging. Keep in mind that that would most likely mean he was near atrocious which I don't believe he will be. This is probably the case, and if so it's a moot point.

However, if it does turn out this way there is simply no logical reason to avoid picking Andrew Luck. Despite what you may think Luck has the edge in virtually every category over Dalton. His arm strength is better, and while he is certainly no Russell or Mallett he has a Mark Sanchez type arm, and puts better velocity on the ball than does Dalton who will probably be in the bottom 3rd in the NFL in arm strength. You mentioned Peyton Manning and Tom Brady who both have stronger arms than Dalton, and I believe Luck has a stronger arm than Brady and probably is on par with Manning.

Arm Strength edge: Luck
Accuracy: Luck
Size: Luck
Mobility: Luck
Mechanics: Luck
Pro Style Offense: Luck
Competition: Luck
Intelligence: wash
Intangibles: wash

The saying is that you can't pass up a franchise QB if you don't have one, and if the Bengals are picking 1st that is a pretty good indication that Dalton is not that guy seeing how he isn't a high ceiling guy. Luck may not be the guy who we expect he is, but he could be the next Manning or Brady while Dalton will never be that guy. If Dalton shows any sign that he isn't going to be the guy you thought he would be when you drafted him there is no reason to pass over a guy who you would have picked over Dalton in the first place.

prock
06-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Well that's why you aren't a GM.

The only team in the NFL who shouldn't pick Luck at #1 is Carolina, and that is only because they just took a QB number 1 who obviously needs some time to develop.

Pat Sims 90
06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Well that's why you aren't a GM.

The only team in the NFL who shouldn't pick Luck at #1 is Carolina, and that is only because they just took a QB number 1 who obviously needs some time to develop.

Well according to everybody on this board if Cam does not have a good 1st year and ur picking 1st u take Luck because appently he is the next coming of Jesus to most ppl. Giving up on a QB after 1 year is ******* ******** if u believe he is a Franchise QB u dont give up on him after the 1st season and that what the Bengals think.

Troy Aikman lead the Cowboys to like a 1-15 season 1st year i guess they should have taken a QB in the 1st because Aikman had a ****** year.

K Train
06-19-2011, 12:29 AM
i cant believe you actually believe dalton is on par with luck in any way at all, its not that hes jesus...its thats hes a really ******* good prospect and one you dont pass on. period.

Pat Sims 90
06-19-2011, 01:26 AM
i cant believe you actually believe dalton is on par with luck in any way at all, its not that hes jesus...its thats hes a really ******* good prospect and one you dont pass on. period.

Tony Mandarich that is all i have to say on subject of Great Prospect that u dont pass on. I am not drinking the Luck Kool-Aid till he actually plays in the NFL. I am not drinking the Dalton Kool-Aid either but to write off Dalton before he takes a snap in the NFL and saying Luck is the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is ridicious with out him taking a snap in the NFL. Yea he is a good prospect and all but if i have a QB on my roster that i think could be a Francise QB i am passing on Luck.

prock
06-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Tony Mandarich that is all i have to say on subject of Great Prospect that u dont pass on. I am not drinking the Luck Kool-Aid till he actually plays in the NFL. I am not drinking the Dalton Kool-Aid either but to write off Dalton before he takes a snap in the NFL and saying Luck is the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is ridicious with out him taking a snap in the NFL. Yea he is a good prospect and all but if i have a QB on my roster that i think could be a Francise QB i am passing on Luck.

You say Tony Mandarich, I say John Elway. No one has once said that Luck is the next Peyton Manning. They are saying that he has that POTENTIAL, which is a key word here which seems to be out of your vocabulary. If you pass on Luck because you think Andy Dalton, who just guided you to the first overall pick, is your franchise's future, then I am sorry for you. Maybe years of being a Bengals fan has made you crazy. You have seen too much incompetence that it may be rubbing off on you.

K Train
06-19-2011, 02:12 AM
putting dalton on the same level as luck is just criminal, anything you say wont justify that opinion.....dalton was BARLEY a 2nd round guy this year for most of the draft process, i dont like him, i never did, i think he falls into the category of kolb/stanton/edwards and that profiles as a career backup and a marginally effective starter.

luck profiles much more as a franchise QB, a guy who can be a master of the position and take his team places rather than be carried by it.

cmarq83
06-19-2011, 07:47 AM

The concept of taking a QB first is as much an indictment on Dalton's performance as it is in Luck's talents. If they're picking first something went wrong with the Andy Dalton experiment. I think their overall talent level should have them picking later than that. In that case I would believe they would be able to justify themselves taking another QB. It's not just because of Luck either, even if the top QB prospect was Matt Stafford type they should still do it.

Dalton likely will be a decent~good QB in this league, and I'm sure that is the opinion of the Bengals coaching staff, but I'm sure if they were confident that he is going to be a great QB they would have picked him earlier than the 2nd round. If they are picking first that confidence would likely be shaken.

Pat Sims 90
06-19-2011, 11:11 AM
putting dalton on the same level as luck is just criminal, anything you say wont justify that opinion.....dalton was BARLEY a 2nd round guy this year for most of the draft process, i dont like him, i never did, i think he falls into the category of kolb/stanton/edwards and that profiles as a career backup and a marginally effective starter.

luck profiles much more as a franchise QB, a guy who can be a master of the position and take his team places rather than be carried by it.

Andrew Luck leading the Bengals to the Super Bowl let along Playoffs is just ridicious. This team has way to many holes to fill to take a QB when they got their guy last year. The coaching staff and Owner are god awful.The Bengals OL cant Pass Protect besides Whitworth. They don't have a RB. Their DL is god awful. They have no true playmakers in the DB field. They would be better off trading Luck and filling more needs then just one. Luck would have to wait 4 to 5 years in Cincy before they were ready to compete. Which by that time he will be a FA and bolt because this team has no stability at all.

If Palmer can't bring Stabililty to this Team i doubt Luck can do it. He is better off going to a team that will build around him. As to the Bengals that just want to sell tickets.

K Train
06-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Andrew Luck leading the Bengals to the Super Bowl let along Playoffs is just ridicious. This team has way to many holes to fill to take a QB when they got their guy last year. The coaching staff and Owner are god awful.The Bengals OL cant Pass Protect besides Whitworth. They don't have a RB. Their DL is god awful. They have no true playmakers in the DB field. They would be better off trading Luck and filling more needs then just one. Luck would have to wait 4 to 5 years in Cincy before they were ready to compete. Which by that time he will be a FA and bolt because this team has no stability at all.

If Palmer can't bring Stabililty to this Team i doubt Luck can do it. He is better off going to a team that will build around him. As to the Bengals that just want to sell tickets.

im not arguing what would be better for luck, im sure hed want to avoid that trainwreck, but theres not justifying not taking him #1. Dalton isnt going to be the answer to their QB problems. but luck absolutely profiles as a QB that could ultimately bring stability to a franchise in shambles, thats usually how it works when these ****** teams get their franchise QB of elite status, things tend to turn around

Pat Sims 90
06-19-2011, 02:27 PM
im not arguing what would be better for luck, im sure hed want to avoid that trainwreck, but theres not justifying not taking him #1. Dalton isnt going to be the answer to their QB problems. but luck absolutely profiles as a QB that could ultimately bring stability to a franchise in shambles, thats usually how it works when these ****** teams get their franchise QB of elite status, things tend to turn around

Yea Carson had that elite status at One Point and he did not fix ****. It already has been prove u don't need a elite QB to win games or Make it to the Superbowl look at the Bears and Rex Grossman. If Dalton is able to be a game manger then the Bengals can win games. Build the Team up around him and that what the Bengals plan on doing with him anyway because team will be a running team anyway regardless of who their QB is.

K Train
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
carson was that guy at first and changed a lot...ended up not working out how everyone planned but if they think that they shouldnt take luck because palmer didnt live up to the expectations...well, thats why they are consistent at being terrible

Pat Sims 90
06-19-2011, 02:37 PM
carson was that guy at first and changed a lot...ended up not working out how everyone planned but if they think that they shouldnt take luck because palmer didnt live up to the expectations...well, thats why they are consistent at being terrible

Lets see Mike Brown has taken 3 QBs in the Top 10 since taking over.

Carson Palmer
Akili Smith
David Klinger

...and u think Luck will live up to expections in Cincy? If he comes here he will be a total bust. Dude would be hurt every year because OL sucks and they play in a tough division. There is no point in Cincy drafting another QB in 1st because none of them live up to expectations here. The Franchise 2 best were Boomer(2nd Round), Anderson(10th Round). 1st Round QBs never meet expectations here Hell Greg Cook was suppose to be best QB propect to play here and he could not last.

Luck is not a good enough prospect to Come in here and fix this mess. U basically have to be Jesus to come and fix this shithole of a Franchise.

prock
06-19-2011, 03:18 PM

Carson Palmer
Akili Smith
David Klinger

...and u think Luck will live up to expections in Cincy? If he comes here he will be a total bust. Dude would be hurt every year because OL sucks and they play in a tough division. There is no point in Cincy drafting another QB in 1st because none of them live up to expectations here. The Franchise 2 best were Boomer(2nd Round), Anderson(10th Round). 1st Round QBs never meet expectations here Hell Greg Cook was suppose to be best QB propect to play here and he could not last.

Luck is not a good enough prospect to Come in here and fix this mess. U basically have to be Jesus to come and fix this shithole of a Franchise.

Yeah, because Smith = Klinger = Palmer = Luck as prospects. They are all the same. You got it. There will never been any different circumstances.

Your argument is so bad that you have resorted to crying about how tough your division is and that you shouldn't take a quarterback first because your franchise sucks too much. hahahahahahahahah

Pat Sims 90
06-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, because Smith = Klinger = Palmer = Luck as prospects. They are all the same. You got it. There will never been any different circumstances.

Your argument is so bad that you have resorted to crying about how tough your division is and that you shouldn't take a quarterback first because your franchise sucks too much. hahahahahahahahah

If u cant protect ur QB u don't give him 60 million to come in and be hurt a majority of time. Carson Palmer had no injury concerns in college and he got a majority of the injuries because the Bengals OL is ******. I am saying the Bengals need to fix their other problems before investing that much money in a QB. Luck would not last in Cincy because they have a terrible OL and Cincy plays 2 of the best passrushing teams in the league in Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice a year. The Only Way i am taking Luck right now with what they have on the Table is if he is gurenteed to be the next John Elway he has the Potential but a lot of players don't live up to their potential here.

I would argue that Carson Palmer is about as good of a prospect as Andrew Luck

Yea i would rather be crying about my ****** Franchise then be a fair weather fan and root for a team just because they win all the time.

prock
06-19-2011, 04:16 PM
If u cant protect ur QB u don't give him 60 million to come in and be hurt a majority of time. Carson Palmer had no injury concerns in college and he got a majority of the injuries because the Bengals OL is ******. I am saying the Bengals need to fix their other problems before investing that much money in a QB. Luck would not last in Cincy because they have a terrible OL and Cincy plays 2 of the best passrushing teams in the league in Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice a year. The Only Way i am taking Luck right now with what they have on the Table is if he is gurenteed to be the next John Elway he has the Potential but a lot of players don't live up to their potential here.

I would argue that Carson Palmer is about as good of a prospect as Andrew Luck

Yea i would rather be crying about my ****** Franchise then be a fair weather fan and root for a team just because they win all the time.

First of all, there is going to be a rookie wage scale in the new CBA. Palmer was ruined by a late dive into his knee. That could happen to anyone. You have spent picks on linemen. You can pick one up in free agency or draft them later. But you don't pass on the best QB prospect in the last 10 years because your line isn't great. Keep ******* Dalton in there for a year in that case, Palmer sat for a year, so why couldn't Luck? That would hopefully boost Dalton's trade value anyway.

You argued earlier against the need of a franchise quarterback because it happens once in a great while. You argued that you shouldn't draft him because your franchise sucks and he will fail if he comes to Cincy. You really must have spent too many years following Cincinnati...

And who the **** are you to question my fanhood?

cmarq83
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Yea Carson had that elite status at One Point and he did not fix ****. It already has been prove u don't need a elite QB to win games or Make it to the Superbowl look at the Bears and Rex Grossman. If Dalton is able to be a game manger then the Bengals can win games. Build the Team up around him and that what the Bengals plan on doing with him anyway because team will be a running team anyway regardless of who their QB is.

So you decided to use one QB who lost the Super Bowl, and somehow glossed over the fact that the past 8 Superbowl winners have been top 10 QB's which Dalton doesn't figure to be. Also, the only seasons where Carson Palmer played like an elite QB 2005 and 2006 happen to be some of the best seasons in the past 20 years for the Bengals.

If they had the 1st overall pick i would like them to trade it because someone is willing to give up the kitchen Sink for Luck or another QB. Then with the picks they had i would like them to get a passrushing DL and a either a cover corner or a playmaking Safety. If they cant trade it i would just take Luck then either Trade Luck/Palmer or Dalton/Palmer. I am not sold on Luck then most as being a safe prospect nobody should be consider a safe prospect.

Your strategy seems an awful lot like what the Miami Dolphins tried when they chose Jake Long over Matt Ryan. They have tried everything you say the Bengals need to do, they have attempted to build an O-Line, they have pass rushing players, and an elite cover corner. Still they're nowhere near toppling the Patriots or the Jets because they're stuck with a 2nd round QB who isn't a difference maker. Their talent level is roughly the same, but they can't get their offense off the ground because they have nobody to lead it.

You can try to hedge as much as you want, but in the end if you end up taking two great non-QB's and miss out on a great QB your team is still worse. Plus, what is to guarantee that these guys work out? The Bengals ownership has no professional scouting department, so what makes you believe they wouldn't royally F*** that up either?

If the Bengals offensive line is so bad than why did you object to them picking Kalil in another mock? Whitworth can slide into guard, and I'd suspect that Andre Smith would do better at guard as well. Wouldn't that help upgrade that terrible line that you say would get any QB killed. Also, why are you telling us not to write off Dalton, yet you assume that Luck if handed the keys to the exact same offense is destined for failure?

K Train
06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
carson was the most robotic QB ive ever seen go #1, his lack of mobility, especially after the injury is what killed him...and his gift for leading the universe in pick 6s.

i get you want to build around the QB but getting an elite QB to build around is a MASSIVE part of rebuilding a team and turning a franchise around. the falcons reached slightly for matt ryan imo, and im sure they arent regretting it now even though they had huge needs at DT and dorsey was sitting there. luck wouldnt even be a reach at #1, and imo guys like bradford, russell, and alex smith were reaches at that spot....in that case id say take calvin, take suh, ect....luck would be a slam dunk #1 pick and everyone would be able to see why. you wont know if hes elway 2.0 if you dont take him and thats a chance worth taking

Poz51
06-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Question...

You have...

1 Cincinnati Andrew Luck (QB Stanford)

2 Carolina Justin Blackmon (WR Ok. St.)

4 Cleveland Alshon Jeffery (WR S. Carolina)

5 Buffalo Landry Jones (QB Oklahoma)

I dont have one yet, Kalil, Kirkpatrick, Paige-Moss, Martin, and Burfict all were considered. If I had to pick one right now it would be Kalil, although talent wise a case could be made for al 5 of them, if Burfict would have played under control more than he did last year, I would have him in the top five, but as talented as he is, he needs to play with some restraint, and not let his emotion control him, that liability drops him IMO. I need to see more of them this year because I think right now they each have an issue, wether it be technical, physical or whatever that is keeping them outside my top five. Barkley, Armstrong and Richardson all could put themselves in that category as well IMO.
As a draft class, I see a really top heavy group, right now I have 9 guys who are in the top five in terms of potential top five, and another 10 who are top ten potentially. So to answer your Q, Kalil would be it right now.

K Train
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
yeah right now it has to be kalil.

why so high on landy jones? i think when the draft process comes around hes the one that could be in for a draft day slide, i was just never overly impressed with him

roscoesdad27
06-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I love Kuechly but not in the 3-4 so much...give us Lester to play f.s. and learn from oft injured and aging reed.

Poz51
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
yeah right now it has to be kalil.

why so high on landy jones? i think when the draft process comes around hes the one that could be in for a draft day slide, i was just never overly impressed with him

I like Jones because of the growth I have seen in him over his freshman and sophomore years. I also like that he plays through and bounces back from adversity, a bad half or being down 17-0 (pressure in big games) doesnt phase him, which is rare as a sophomore. He has played very well against top competition. I would disagree personally that he is in for a slide. I think once people start really looking at the tape, he will rise. I think he is better than any of the 2011 drafties, and IMO its not even close. If he puts up Bradford type numbers this year, he goes top five without a doubt.

Poz51
06-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I love Kuechly but not in the 3-4 so much...give us Lester to play f.s. and learn from oft injured and aging reed.

I think he will bulk up a little and be a perfect fit, Lester is not a bad option either, and I had not considered that... Makes sense. I am not sure if Ray Lewis will ever age or retire, but I like Kuechly as a replacement, especially with the hybrid defense the Ravens run.

ellsy82
06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I just see Kuechly as a great player overall. I keep waffling back on what the Rats' primary needs are. I've got it isolated down to some positions:

C, FS, ILB, 34DE, WR, OT, CB, SS, K, QB

Practically every position on the team. Plus a backup QB. But they have Billy Cundiff as a kicker. So that position gets downgraded in importance. They drafted Torey Smith to help stretch the field, because they have all the possession receivers any team could hope for. Baltimore has one of the best OLs in pro football, but Birk is aging and the position could use an upgrade. So center is one position of need. Along with replacements for the aging Reed and Lewis, that's two more.

So, primary needs are C, ILB, FS.

Secondary needs...obviously Ngata isn't going anywhere. They picked up Jimmy Smith and Chykie Brown in the draft, both good corners. I don't think they'll need help with Washington, Carr and Webb back there. Landry is a fine starting strong safety, but a backup is needed. No one is behind Flacco if Bulger leaves in free agency. Redding is an adequate starter, but could stand to be upgraded, and Kugler doesn't seem like he's panned out. So, secondary needs would be SS, 34DE, and QB.

Luxury picks would be TE, OL, OLB, and WR. Does that sounds about right to everybody?

Edit...didn't realize they drafted Tyrod Taylor.

Pat Sims 90
06-23-2011, 02:03 AM
So you decided to use one QB who lost the Super Bowl, and somehow glossed over the fact that the past 8 Superbowl winners have been top 10 QB's which Dalton doesn't figure to be. Also, the only seasons where Carson Palmer played like an elite QB 2005 and 2006 happen to be some of the best seasons in the past 20 years for the Bengals.

Your strategy seems an awful lot like what the Miami Dolphins tried when they chose Jake Long over Matt Ryan. They have tried everything you say the Bengals need to do, they have attempted to build an O-Line, they have pass rushing players, and an elite cover corner. Still they're nowhere near toppling the Patriots or the Jets because they're stuck with a 2nd round QB who isn't a difference maker. Their talent level is roughly the same, but they can't get their offense off the ground because they have nobody to lead it.

You can try to hedge as much as you want, but in the end if you end up taking two great non-QB's and miss out on a great QB your team is still worse. Plus, what is to guarantee that these guys work out? The Bengals ownership has no professional scouting department, so what makes you believe they wouldn't royally F*** that up either?

If the Bengals offensive line is so bad than why did you object to them picking Kalil in another mock? Whitworth can slide into guard, and I'd suspect that Andre Smith would do better at guard as well. Wouldn't that help upgrade that terrible line that you say would get any QB killed. Also, why are you telling us not to write off Dalton, yet you assume that Luck if handed the keys to the exact same offense is destined for failure?

Carson Palmer was a good QB in 05 and 06 because he had OL that could protect him and a Young Chris Henry, Ochocino and Housh, Kevin Walter, Rudi Johnson. The Bengals QBs have only had success in the NFL if they have a team around him and Luck will not have a team around here.

The Bengals are more likely to **** up then get things right.

I am against Kalil Because he is only a LT and Whitworth sucks at Guard but can play LT at a pro bowl lvl. Smith cant stay Healthy to even warrant keeping him.

Yes Luck would fail here because Mike Brown would get him no Help. Prolly what will happen to any QB they comes from here till the Time the Brown Family either all dies or Sells the Team.

If i was Andrew Luck i would basically pull a Eli and Refush to Play in Cincy and demand they trade me if he has any hope of winning in the future and have stability in the NFL.

Mike Brown has come out and said they he belives that Andy Dalton is the Next Dree Brees i doubt that happens but if the Owner comes out and says that he is going to give Dalton time to develop. So i am stateing the fact that i highly dobut where ever the Bengals pick next year in the 1st round it wont be a QB.

thebow305
07-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Foles would be a decent pick if we missed out on the Big 3. Ray Ray would be better though.

Hermstheman83
07-21-2011, 11:06 PM
First off,I am really impressed with how much scouting/knowledge you have of next years prospects. I think Jovan Belcher can be a good starter in this league, but Upshaw sounds like really large upgrade. I am guessing that we will lose one of our corners(Flowers or Carr) to free agency, so an upgrade there could be possible. We have depth issues on our O-Line, but that isn't a "first round need"

Also, I am hoping the guy who thinks Luck is equal to dalton is every GM before the chiefs select. I love me some cassel, but even I would take Luck over Cass. Good job man.

FootballGod
07-27-2011, 10:56 AM

You are such a tool. You don't even know that you are Bungleized and this is coming from a Bengals fan. I know that no prospect is a guarentee but Luck is about as close as they come. Are you willing to pass on a potential Manning, Marino, or Elway just because you have fuggin Andy Dalton? Have you lost your mind? I mean you have either lost your mind or you never had one to begin with. There is no realistic situation on earth where the Bengals should pass on Luck. QB is the most important position in any of the three major sports and you want to potentially pass on one that could be an all time great. WOW!!!!!

FootballGod
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM

Carson Palmer
Akili Smith
David Klinger

Why don't you just quit being a Bengals fan if there is no hope?

FootballGod
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Also, why are you telling us not to write off Dalton, yet you assume that Luck if handed the keys to the exact same offense is destined for failure?

It is because he has no football intelligence and has been bungleized.

jimmylishis
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I love kalil to the vikings its a perfect fit. Also I'm glad to see Nick Foles is getting the recognition he deserves hes a stud I have a feeling his draft stock is going to explode