PDA

View Full Version : Donte Paige-Moss vs. Brandon Jenkins

ellsy82
06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Both underclassmen. Both defensive ends in college. Relative size. I really haven't watched a whole lot of these guys. What are their similarities? Differences? Discuss.

SimonRath
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
google it (10 char)

ellsy82
06-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks. I was more going for what you as a poster thought of them. I already have my opinions. And I'm certainly not going to trust some hack with a website he's operating out of his basement.

ncst8fan83
06-17-2011, 05:46 PM
DPM is 10 times more likely to punch you in the face than Jenkins.

MassNole
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Brandon Jenkins has his weight about to just under 270. He still needs to learn some more moves and become more solid against the run.

ellsy82
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
To me, Paige-Moss seems destined for the DE in a 43 front. I don't think he has any coverage skills, but he does have a mean bull rush. Uses his hands well but needs to work on his skills...like adding a hook and spin to his arsenol of pass rushing skills. I don't think he has the quickness to be 3-4 OLB.

As far as Jenkins goes...He's an athlete that could very easily make the switch to OLB in a 34 front 7. He needs to hit the weights and work on his strength, but I believe he can develop into a great linebacker. Kind of an Aaron Maybin type (wait and see) that has the ability to play any position at linebacker in any scheme. And you gotta love that high motor. The thing that worries me is when he's against an elite tackle, he'll get pushed outside the play because of his lack of strength.

That's my take anyway.

MassNole
06-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Brandon Jenkins faced two elite tackles in 2010 in Anthony Castanzo (sp) and Matt Reynolds. He destroyed both of them.

ellsy82
06-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Brandon Jenkins faced two elite tackles in 2010 in Anthony Castanzo (sp) and Matt Reynolds. He destroyed both of them.

Mass, I'll go back and check the FSU vs BYU & BC games. Not a fan of Reynolds...but I was big on Costanzo. If he pushed him around like you say, I should retort my opinion of him. Either way, I think Jenkins is a far superior prospect than Paige-Moss. Position flexibility, athleticism, durability (so far). The rankings around now (the mish-mosh on the internet), Paige-Moss has him beat by a few picks, which I don't get.

jrdrylie
06-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Mass, I'll go back and check the FSU vs BYU & BC games. Not a fan of Reynolds...but I was big on Costanzo. If he pushed him around like you say, I should retort my opinion of him. Either way, I think Jenkins is a far superior prospect than Paige-Moss. Position flexibility, athleticism, durability (so far). The rankings around now (the mish-mosh on the internet), Paige-Moss has him beat by a few picks, which I don't get.

Jenkins had two sacks against both BYU and Boston College. Since it has been months since I watched either game, I don't know how those sacks came about. But it does look like he played well against the best tackles he faced.

GaMeTiMe
06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Either way, I think Jenkins is a far superior prospect than Paige-Moss. Position flexibility, athleticism, durability (so far). The rankings around now (the mish-mosh on the internet), Paige-Moss has him beat by a few picks, which I don't get.

You're forgetting ceiling. Jenkins will end up being a solid 3-4 OLB prospect, think Justin Houston (without the positive combine test) but DPM has that Aldon Smith or JPP type potential that could see him rise up boards late in the process. I also agree he's a 4-3 DE, but like Smith (and as discussed with JPP) he may garner a lot of consideration amongst 3-4 teams