PDA

View Full Version : 7 Round Packer Draft

ellsy82
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Hey all...I'm trying to get a good gauge of team needs as the lockout continues on (not much else to do). I was actually more a fan of your draft picks in the 2011 draft than I was my own team's. Even picking one selection before you, I was a fan of your selection of Sherrod and even Cobb at the end of two. Anyway, I did a full mock draft from front to back with all possible underclassmen rounds 1 through 4. And here's what I came away for you guys. Let me know what you think. I know I won't please all of you, but give me your honest take.

1. Keleche Osemele, OG, Iowa St
2. Shayne Skov*, OLB/ILB, Stanford
3. Tony Dye, SS, UCLA
4. Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama
5. Blair Walsh, K, Georgia
6. Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
7. Tashuan Gipson, CB, Wyoming

SuperPacker
06-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Dye?
We dont need a safety we drafted Burnett 2 years ago and have Peprah.

Skov?
Not another OLB...We already have Zombo, Walden, Jones and Elmore. The only way we pick a OLB is if its early in the first round

Aart from those two its a decent mock.

ellsy82
06-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Only reason I gave you Skov is because he can play ILB as well. What are your other TE options aside from Finley? Is that a position that would be considered in the mid-late rounds?

J-Mike88
06-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Only reason I gave you Skov is because he can play ILB as well. What are your other TE options aside from Finley? Is that a position that would be considered in the mid-late rounds?
We took Quarless pretty high last year, and are high on him.
Then we kept Crabtree, who was a rookie.
They like all 3 guys and they're all young.

cvv84
06-25-2011, 04:41 PM
We took Quarless pretty high last year, and are high on him.
Then we kept Crabtree, who was a rookie.
They like all 3 guys and they're all young.

Don't forget we drafted D.J. Williams this year as well.

cvv84
06-25-2011, 06:43 PM
As far as your mock, my thoughts are this:

1) As of right now I doubt that the Packers would go offensive line in the 1st round for 3 consecutive years. Assuming that Bulaga and Sherrod pan out, we have to pay Josh Sitton so I have to wonder if we'd spent more top dollar along the line.

2) I'd say our top need is at OLB. We have some guys at the position but no real solid starter. Unless someone emerges this year I'd think this would be our biggest need.

3) We're pretty set at safety. Nick Collins is signed for awhile, we drafted Morgan Burnett who looked pretty promising, Charlie Peprah played outstanding when called upon, and Charles Woodson isn't far off from a position switch. CB is a much pressing need than safety. Tramon Williams is a stud and Sam Shields is looking like a Williams clone but after those 2 we don't have anybody for the future. I like this House kid we drafted this year but its still way too early to tell.

4) WR could emerge as a bigger need as well. Jennings is locked up for a few more years and Jordy Nelson is due for a bigger role this season. Driver is falling off and James Jones likely won't return. Cobb will take a few years to develop so getting another guy would be ideal.

5) Mason Crosby is a descent kicker and I think he's actually pretty undervalued by the fans. He attempts alot of long FGs which skews his FG percentage. I'd like to see some consistancy from his though. I coined a nickname for him, Mason "cross your fingers" Crosby...

As of today I think our needs go as listed:

1) OLB
2) CB
3) RB
4) OG
5) WR
6) DE
7) K
8) OC
9) QB
10) MLB

bigboiajhawk
06-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah there is a slim chance TT takes an OG in the first round. He has consistently proven that is a mid round area. I would say either OLB or CB in Round 1. Honestly after that your guess is as best as mine.

My Round by Round list would be

1st) OLB
2nd) CB
3rd) DE-If our DL isn't as good as it should be OR WR-Double D "might" be slowing down
4th) OG
5th) QB - Every 7 round mock next year better include a QB as most likely we will be shipping Flynn off for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
6th) RB
7th) DE

ellsy82
06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I've adjusted my team needs as:

Tier 1: OLB, CB, DE
Tier 2: WR, RB, C
Tier 3: K, QB, KR/PR

I love Mason, btw. I try to snatch him in fantasy football every year. The dude might have one foot in the grave, but the can kick a football like Al Davis can bomb on draft picks. I think you guys are pretty loaded at the offensive tackle position, no?

J-Mike88
06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I've adjusted my team needs as:

Tier 1: OLB, CB, DE
Tier 2: WR, RB, C
Tier 3: K, QB, KR/PR

I love Mason, btw. I try to snatch him in fantasy football every year. The dude might have one foot in the grave, but the can kick a football like Al Davis can bomb on draft picks. I think you guys are pretty loaded at the offensive tackle position, no?
Well, hard to say. We haven't seen a down yet from Sherrod. He might be a bust. He might become good.... we don't know if either he or Bulaga can be a good-great NFL Left tackle going forward.
We hope though.

Mr.Regular
06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't see CB as a need. Tramon is becoming an elite player. Wood, while not a true corner, still is extremely productive. I love him as a nickelback/jack of all trades guy. Shields should be a starter for a while. And House/Lee/Underwood and company make some decent depth...hell maybe House develops into a stud. CB isn't a pressing need IMO, but then again nothing on the team is.

OLB and maybe DE are really the only areas we probably could immediately improve.

ellsy82
06-29-2011, 01:53 AM
I don't see CB as a need. Tramon is becoming an elite player. Wood, while not a true corner, still is extremely productive. I love him as a nickelback/jack of all trades guy. Shields should be a starter for a while. And House/Lee/Underwood and company make some decent depth...hell maybe House develops into a stud. CB isn't a pressing need IMO, but then again nothing on the team is.

OLB and maybe DE are really the only areas we probably could immediately improve.

Can I ask you something? Weren't you glad to get Sherrod after the Steelers picked Heyward a pick before?

whitetail28
07-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Hope you dont mind if I jump right in...
I am really surprised that noone has NT as a need. I for one think it may be the biggest need next year. The 3 4 D starts with the NT and behind Raji we only have Pickett and Green. Neither can be counted on due to age and their size, position. Out with the old, in with the new.
Rumor has it that has Ellis been there they would have taken him over Green in rd 3. They are already lookin evidently.
Just my 2 cents.
I also have a wr as a very high priority. In our system we need to be able to plug in any one of the top 4 wrs and not even flinch. Theres always gonna be a guy injured too. Thinkin that we loose Jones and Driver starts to decline we need another WR Im thinkin a bigger guy, a different type of weapon that we are missin.
Thanks for the fun guys. Im looking forward to chattin more.

princefielder28
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I would say the greatest question mark for the team at the moment is left guard and I see that being a position that will need to be addressed early on next April. Outside of that I lke what we have on offense and don't really see any position needing an early look.

On defense, depth along the defensive line is always nice to have so depending on things go this year it could be a spot that will be in need of an early look (alot depends on Mike Neal's health/development and Green's impact). We're set inside at linebacker with Bishop and Hawk locked up long term but outside linebacker, opposite of Clay, is equally as big of a question mark as left guard. In the secondary we're set at corner with youngsters Williams, Shields, and House along with stud Charles Woodson. At safety Nick Collins is locked up and Charlie Peprah was very solid once he took over a starting spot once Burett went down. It doesn't seem like an early pick would need to be invested anywhere in the secondary unless a significant, long term injury occurs.

Here's my listed of needs...

1. OG (left guard)
2. OLB
3. QB (Flynn will be gone after next season)
4. DE (like the idea of youthful depth)
5. WR (depends on Driver, if he falls quickly then we'll be looking for a #4 WR long term)

ellsy82
07-09-2011, 10:01 AM
If you guys had the choice between DeCastro, Bruce Irvin, Nick Foles, Jared Crick and Jeff Fuller...who would you take?

cvv84
07-09-2011, 11:42 AM
In the secondary we're set at corner with youngsters Williams, Shields, and House along with stud Charles Woodson.

Hard to say that IMO. Woodson took a step back last year and Shields needs to build on last season. House is a rookie and is no sure bet to develop, see Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood.

princefielder28
07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
If you guys had the choice between DeCastro, Bruce Irvin, Nick Foles, Jared Crick and Jeff Fuller...who would you take?

Bruce Irvin, without a doubt

Hard to say that IMO. Woodson took a step back last year and Shields needs to build on last season. House is a rookie and is no sure bet to develop, see Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood.

Woodson may have taken a step back but he's still a high #2 CB, Shields needs to build on last year but he's got more answers for the team than question marks and while House is just a rookie, I'm going off of my own feelings about him as a player and I think he'll be able to fill the dime corner role on our defense and at the very least be a nickel corner long term...I thought Pat Lee was a useless pick from the day he was selected and never expected much from Underwood

SuperPacker
07-10-2011, 04:39 AM
How did Woodson take a step back last year? He changed his role but did it just aswell.

cvv84
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
How did Woodson take a step back last year? He changed his role but did it just aswell.

You could see he was starting to lose a step and Shields was covering the #2 WR more and more as the season went on. Woodson shifted into almost a nickelback/blitzer role. He did play well but his coverage skills declined.