PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Scott Wright's Draft Reviews

wordofi
06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Is there anywhere I can find his draft reviews from a few years ago? I'd like to be able to see how accurate his reviews were.

niel89
06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd love to see some of the past content put up too. It's fun to go back and see what the opinions of certain players were at the time.

shylo3716
06-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Hell I would like to see draft reviews from this year! In all honesty I guess we all should give up on waiting......Buffalo has been on the front page for like 2 weeks.

Sloopy
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Hell I would like to see draft reviews from this year! In all honesty I guess we all should give up on waiting......Buffalo has been on the front page for like 2 weeks.

I believe that he already did all of the rest of the reviews via podcast. You can listen to them by clicking the podcast button at the bottom of the home page.

shylo3716
06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
I believe that he already did all of the rest of the reviews via podcast. You can listen to them by clicking the podcast button at the bottom of the home page.

Thought he was going to write them all out......very misleading of him to start then stop.

Abaddon
06-26-2011, 02:57 PM
This site hasn't seemed to have his full dedication for a while now. Not sure what's up.

AntoinCD
06-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote from @DraftCountdown on twitter:

"I apologize for the delay on team reviews. Having technical issues and waiting on new equipment. Stupid #Netgear"

gpngc
06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Is there anywhere I can find his draft reviews from a few years ago? I'd like to be able to see how accurate his reviews were.

Three years worth of reviews: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47456

Sveen
06-27-2011, 06:22 AM
http://www.archive.org/

onejayhawk
06-27-2011, 06:58 AM
The after draft reviews were how I first learned of the site. Even Gosselin only gives a short blurb. At the time, this was the only place that did a systematic beakdown. Especially useful were comments on later round picks, which I had never heard of before the draft. If Scott said a player was intriguing, he almost always was worth keeping an eye on.

J

Thunder&Lightning
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
This site hasn't seemed to have his full dedication for a while now. Not sure what's up.

i agree.. very disappointing

ChiFan24
06-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Are we all bitching about the guy who lets us post on his free draft website? Why was I not invited!?

BamaFalcon59
06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
No, but it's very obvious that years past had more prospect profiles completed, more articles, interviews, etc..

Not sure why, considering its popularity is growing.

wordofi
06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
No, but it's very obvious that years past had more prospect profiles completed, more articles, interviews, etc..

Not sure why, considering its popularity is growing.

Most people lose the desire to get better once they reach a certain level. Unfortunately, this is the best NFL Draft website (not saying much, since most people actually have real job such as an accountant, teacher, engineer, etc.)

Scott Wright has the audacity to blast people he scouts for a lack of work ethic when he has a lack of work ethic himself. He doesn't even bother to write a scouting report for every prospect he has listed on his website anymore. He's even taken some from other websites. Also, he doesn't need to wait until after the season to write a scouting report. Give me a break.

wordofi
06-28-2011, 11:20 PM
what a ******* brilliant comparison. i mean, the two things are completely related. i mean, it would be like a dude who can't run a 4.4 40 calling someone slow!

i'm curious if you actually thought yours was a marginally rational post.

You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't teach somebody to run a 4.4 40. Work ethic is something that is in your control. When you're going to "try" and burn somebody, at least compare apples to apples.

wordofi
06-29-2011, 08:52 AM
that was cute. it's like you actually thought this was somehow relevant. but then, that would imply a thought process.

It's obvious you have no argument when you have to revert to insults.

Matthew Jones
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Unfortunately, I have also noticed a lack of content compared to previous years. I don't know if Scott has shifted his priorities elsewhere or what, but I would like to see a return to more scouting reports, team needs, mock drafts, etc. instead of the podcasts.

PossibleCabbage
06-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I have no complaint about Scott using his time however he wishes, but I would wish that he would finish the draft reviews and I'm curious as to why it's taking so long. I mean, Scott could probably sit down and listen to the draft reviews that he already did for the Podcast, and bang out all of the remaining reviews in a day or two.

Hopefully this will happen whenever he gets whatever network trouble sorted out.

wordofi
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
it's obvious you have no argument when your entire series of posts is nonsensical and you're unable to form a coherent response to criticism of the lack of thought process behind said posts. but whatever makes you feel better.

Your bitterness couldn't be more apparent.

Shane P. Hallam
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately, I have also noticed a lack of content compared to previous years. I don't know if Scott has shifted his priorities elsewhere or what, but I would like to see a return to more scouting reports, team needs, mock drafts, etc. instead of the podcasts.

If you read his interview with Josh, next year someone new will be taking over scouting reports, so Scott can focus elsewhere and I can do whatever he needs me to. You should see a difference.

stephenson86
06-30-2011, 05:25 AM
For me the problem isn't the lack of content or progress...it's that we often are left in the dark about what's going on.

jrdrylie
06-30-2011, 08:09 AM
For me the problem isn't the lack of content or progress...it's that we often are left in the dark about what's going on.

We haven't been left in the dark. Scott told us that he doesn't do as many scouting reports because they take over three hours each. If he did one for each player drafted, that would be 768 hours (equates to 19 40-hour work weeks). When he brought this up, tons of people freaked out. Instead of dropping scouting reports, he hired someone to solely do them.

We haven't been left in the dark about team reviews either. He has already done them on the Podcasts. If you desperately want to hear Scott's thoughts right now, listen to the Podcasts. And he told us that he had some technical problems with his Internet.

Caulibflower
06-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Hopefully this is just a transitional year and the site gets back, or close, to where it was a few years ago. Having the Bills team review as the opener of the website's homepage for two weeks leaves a bit to be desired. All the scouting reports and whatnot are definitely what got me on this site in the first place, but anymore I just occasionally check into the forums. I do understand, obviously, that Scott is a human being and there are more important things than maintaining a website, but I have to think that it would behoove a draft website to keep up on the content that lead to it becoming one of the best draftnik forums on the internet. I definitely used to visit the site more often when there was actually new content on the site every few days, and I have to think that's true for others as well.

jayceheathman
07-23-2011, 10:35 PM

I'm guessing if more people clicked on the random popups that this would start happening.

onejayhawk
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
I guess we will not see the rest. Its a pity. I wanted to get his review on Dallas.

Are these archived? If so, where?

J

Hurricanes25
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I could care less about the draft reviews at this point. I just would like to know when we'll see the 2012 stuff.

onejayhawk
08-24-2011, 06:59 AM
I could care less about the draft reviews at this point. I just would like to know when we'll see the 2012 stuff.

That's where we differ. The draft reviews are a heads up on who to watch in the various camps. I know the Chiefs, and the other teams in the division, but not all over the league.

The Cowboys, since that was my example, are a talented team that has fallen short of expectations lately. They have a reworked coaching staff, and rookies could play a big part in their progress. I know about Tyron Smith, but tell me more about their day 3 picks.

J

Shane P. Hallam
08-24-2011, 07:02 AM

Guess you didn't listen to our Podcast on Saturday :)

Shane P. Hallam
08-24-2011, 07:03 AM
That's where we differ. The draft reviews are a heads up on who to watch in the various camps. I know the Chiefs, and the other teams in the division, but not all over the league.

The Cowboys, since that was my example, are a talented team that has fallen short of expectations lately. They have a reworked coaching staff, and rookies could play a big part in their progress. I know about Tyron Smith, but tell me more about their day 3 picks.

J

You can always head on over to www.youtube.com/TheP1414 and listen to our live draft day stuff for Day 3.

Hurricanes25
08-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Guess you didn't listen to our Podcast on Saturday :)

I didn't know about it but I'm listening to it now!

dolphinfan2k5
08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty indifferent to this whole thread, I just want to say that personally, I never listen to podcasts for anything. Using them as the main source to disseminate information, as it seems has been happening, seems very unwise to me, as I'm sure there are many other people who are the same as me. I want to find what I want to find, read it, and be done with it. With text, it's easy to skim through and quickly find what you care about. With podcasts? Good luck. I'm not talking about just trying to find something about my team, what if there is a player that I want to learn something about, I don't want to sit through a podcast hoping he is discussed. Just my opinion, trying to help. I'm sure there are others who share these feelings.

Shane P. Hallam
08-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Any news on reworking the team draft grades?

What do you mean?

wordofi
08-24-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty indifferent to this whole thread, I just want to say that personally, I never listen to podcasts for anything. Using them as the main source to disseminate information, as it seems has been happening, seems very unwise to me, as I'm sure there are many other people who are the same as me. I want to find what I want to find, read it, and be done with it. With text, it's easy to skim through and quickly find what you care about. With podcasts? Good luck. I'm not talking about just trying to find something about my team, what if there is a player that I want to learn something about, I don't want to sit through a podcast hoping he is discussed. Just my opinion, trying to help. I'm sure there are others who share these feelings.

I 100% agree with you.

Woody56
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
http://wayback.archive.org/web/

Draft reviews right after the draft are good for one thing, making you look retarted a few years later.

Here's scott's analysis on Chris Johnson selection

Self-indulgent. That's the only way to describe this pick in my opinion. After taking running backs in the 2nd round the last two years the Titans go back to the well once again, even though they have other more glaring needs. I guess they're just applying the same strategy they use at the wide receiver position though... Rather than getting one good player to really solve the problem they just continue pecking away at it with a bunch of mediocre ones. Who would have been better here? How about Devin Thomas, Kentwan Balmer, Phillip Merling. That's just for starters. Chris Johnson? To Tennessee? In round one?!!!? Can you say Trung Candidate - Part II.

bearsfan_51
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
One of the writers from the Chicago Tribune (David Haugh) did a video review of the draft and called Chris Johnson "Charles Johnson."

When I wrote him and told him how embarrassed he should be to have a job he told me "who cares? call me when that kid matters."

I've tried calling.

PackerLegend
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
When will we get to see a Green Bay Packers review? Its not like real important but I like to read your views. Seeing as the season is almost here though I have basically shifted out of draft mode.

onejayhawk
08-25-2011, 06:58 AM
You can always head on over to www.youtube.com/TheP1414 and listen to our live draft day stuff for Day 3.

Podcasts suck for research. There is no way skim through to what you want. You cannot hard copy. etc.

J

cvv84
08-26-2011, 06:55 PM
When will we get to see a Green Bay Packers review? Its not like real important but I like to read your views. Seeing as the season is almost here though I have basically shifted out of draft mode.

I've been waiting for it too. The draft was 4 months ago already and its the 3rd week of the preseason. I know Scott likes to drag these out but dang, put the ink to paper already :/