PDA

View Full Version : Each Teams Bargain Free Agents

whokevjones
06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Everyone knows the big name free agents but every year there are several players who change teams/schemes and have good seasons. This players don't need to be starters just solid rotational players. We all know all of the underrated guys on our favorite teams so list the bargain free agents who could make an impact.

Detroit Lions:

Turk McBride DE-He was a rotational player for us but he produced in his limited minutes. He was disruptive and even produced 5 sacks in 2010. If a team has a solid D-Line he could be a great backup.

We're not a very deep team...Dave Rayner Kicker- When Hanson was hurt he came in and played great. He is a starter in the NFL and the Lions are considering signing him and having 2 kickers on the roster.

cmarq83
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
For the Patriots there are 2 guys who come to mind.

1) Kevin Faulk RB- He has been a mainstay of a very dynamic Patriots offense for over a decade, and even at 35 years old he doesn't have so much tread on his tires that he cannot come in and be an exceptional 3rd down back. He can come in and give you 40 reception as well as remain one of the best blocking runningbacks in the NFL for a year. For a contending team with a good #1 that is missing a 3rd down back he could be a gem on a one year rental. The Pats would resign him, but they have Woodhead and a 2nd rounder in Vereen to fill that 3rd down spot.

2) Jarrad Page S- The Pats acquired him from KC right before the season kicked off last year, and he never really had the opportunity to contribute before the end of the year. He's a bigger safety with decent ball skills, and was a productive starter with KC before injury and his trade to the Patriots. Even with their depth at safety and his relative lack of playing time the Pats still gave him a top tender in RFA before the lockout started, but it looks like he's accrued enough playing time to be a free agent when the new league year begins.

Unbiased
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Jaguars

Justin Durant WLB: 2nd round pick out of Hampton in 2007. Speedy linebacker who isn't good in coverage, but he's only 25. Has had his share of injuries, but if he stays healthy, he could be a solid starter.

Adam Podlesh P: He'll probably get resigned once the lockout is lifted but if not, he's a good young punter who has made progress each year.

Trent Edwards QB: Yeah, we don't have a lot of under-the-radar free agents.

TheFinisher
06-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Cowboys

Marcus Spears- Never lived up to the hype coming out of college but he's a serviceable 3-4 End. He's only a 2 down player and doesn't offer anything as a pass rusher but he's a pretty darn good player against the run. He went down with an injury early last year, and I'm not saying his absence was the sole reason for our defensive collapse, but we became noticeably soft up front against the run. He's scheme versatile (many Cowboys fans felt he'd be better off playing in a 4 man front), only 28 and will come cheap.

BlindSite
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Panthers:

QB Matt Moore:
His injury forced Clausen to start, looked good before the new Qb coach came to town and promptly fell apart. Could still be salvageable as a back up / transitional starter who could, down the road become a lot more. Capable of making all the throws, decently accurate and seems to handle pressure as well as his peers developmentally. Should be a cheap back up / developmental prospect.

James Anderson LB:
Probably forced out by the return of Dan Connor and James Anderson, great ST player with a lot of upside, made a soft entry into the league off the back of a 3rd round drafting. Great physcial specimen who'll be hitting the market from a team with a great history of developing linebackers. Projects to just about any position in the 43. Could make some noise on a defense like Detroit or Minnesota.

Jeff King Tight End:
Solid role player, stayed as the starter for a long time because he can block extremely well, not an overly great pass catcher but is sure handed he just doesn't have a lot moves or savvy but could fit well in a run first offense.

Richard Marshall CB:
Something of a weird case, he loves hitting people hard, not really a back up, more of a starter but he doesn't cover faster flanking receivers well and thinks he's the next Darrell Revis, he'll hit the market almost without a doubt and will want more than he's worth.

T-RICH49
06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Chiefs:

CB Brandon Carr: one could make the ase at year's end he was playing better then Brandon Flowers.Carr did an excellent job of breaking up the passes but getting INT's was an issue as he had some easy drops

Me Likey Rookies
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Bucs have a bunch of depth FAs but the only ones i want back are Quincy Black, Adam Heyward, and James Lee.

XxXdragonXxX
06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Chiefs:

CB Brandon Carr: one could make the ase at year's end he was playing better then Brandon Flowers.Carr did an excellent job of breaking up the passes but getting INT's was an issue as he had some easy drops

Thats one of the guys I'm hoping the Seahawks sign. I was really impressed with him in that pounding the Chiefs gave the Hawks last year.

gpngc
06-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Brandon Mebane. Play him at the 3-tech and watch a very disruptive DT.

PoopSandwich
07-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Browns

Vickers - Looks like we aren't going to resign him and he is one of the key components to why our run game was so solid, always out ahead disrupting defensive linemen/linebackers and leading the way for Hillis' break out season. Since he is a fullback he will be cheap, but he is one of the best players at his position.

bigbluedefense
07-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I think Marcus Spears would make a very good 4-3 NT. He offers absolutely nothing as a pass rusher, but he's a very stoute run stopper.

He'll come cheap too. I'd love for the Giants to sign him as a backup. We need depth at DT.

TheFinisher
07-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I think Marcus Spears would make a very good 4-3 NT. He offers absolutely nothing as a pass rusher, but he's a very stoute run stopper.

He'll come cheap too. I'd love for the Giants to sign him as a backup. We need depth at DT.

I always saw him as a 4-3 NT as well, very stout in the trenches, can handle double teams and split them for the occasional TFL. Just don't leave him in on 3rd downs lol. Giants could be a nice fit, so would Chicago with Peppers and Paea playing next to him.

He'll make a team happy if they use him the right way.

wicket
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
The saints big one is Carl Nicks I guess.

The underrated ones:
WR Lance Moore
OT Jermon Bushrod
OT Zach Strief

LonghornsLegend
07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I was gonna say Marcus Spears too, because we won't let Stephen Bowen walk.

Spears has been a big disappointment, but he's starter quality and like BBD said for a 4-3 team looking for a rotation at NT he's gonna be a good signing. He won't break the bank either.

bigbluedefense
07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't think the Giants have any "bargain" FAs. If you want one of our guys, you're gonna have to pay.

I do think that if Kiwi does become a FA and if he can prove to stay healthy, which is a big risk considering his neck injury, then he'd be a steal. The guy is going to break out in a big big way if he can stay healthy.

He's had a slow start to his career bc of the way we handled him. Moving him to LB didn't allow him to develop his body the proper way. Only now has he finally added the much needed weight and strength he needed to be a consistent pass rusher.

He was beasting it last year through 3 games before suffering his neck injury too. He had 4 sacks in 3 games. And he put on even more weight this year to finally fill out his frame. He's a complete player, great vs the run with those long arms, and now he has the strength to bull rush, and bc of his days at LB he has surprisingly nimble for a big guy.

And he's a high character guy, great team player, intense competitor, everything you want in a player. The only issue is that neck, which is obviously a big issue.

But if he can stay healthy, this guy is going to be a beast. He's due to break out.

Me Likey Rookies
07-01-2011, 06:10 PM

why is he already not signed by the seahawks? isnt he the best player on the team?

i would think Denver would throw everything at him after passing on Dareus.

fenikz
07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Lyle Sendlein, C
Kenny Iwebema, DE
Matt Ware, SS/ST

DoughBoy
07-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Bo Scaife- A half-way decent starting TE and a solid back-up. Pretty good reciver, sub par blocker. I wouldn't expect the Titans to resign him since they seem content with Jared Cook and Craig Stevens.... I see him signing with the Rams.

Ahmard Hall- underrated FB, played a huge part in CJ2k's 2000yard season. Would be shocked if he left.

Mike Otto- I thought he developed into a pretty good backup. Will probably end up like Daniel loper (spot-starter/ versatile backup).

Jacob Ford- uber talented DE, but sucked donkey nuts this year. I think some team is going to fall in love with his talent and past production and give him a juicy contract. I think he is actually a much better fit in the 3-4 where he can put his speed and quickness to better use.

David Ball- A good pass-rusher but pretty useless against the run. I would expect us to resign him as a backup.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
OLB Stephen Nicholas. Nothing spectacular, but just a really solid football player. Definitely worthy of being a starter.

gpngc
07-06-2011, 09:06 PM
why is he already not signed by the seahawks? isnt he the best player on the team?

i would think Denver would throw everything at him after passing on Dareus.

Probably because PC wants to transition to a 3-4 or hybrid 3-4 and Mebane doesn't fit.

General Zod
07-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Ben Leber, he has his age going against him(32) but is a solid and smart player. Might be a liability in coverage, but is a great tackler and reads very well. Also he has been pretty much injury free in his career. He could give some team some cheap depth or maybe even start at weakside depending on the situation.

Dam8610
07-07-2011, 12:22 AM

What are the chances the Seahawks let him go?

Anyway, for the Colts, the following names may spark some interest from other teams, though I think most will stay Colts:

RB Joseph Addai
LB Clint Session
DT Dan Muir
DT Antonio Johnson
S Melvin Bullitt

BlindSite
07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
What are the chances the Seahawks let him go?

Anyway, for the Colts, the following names may spark some interest from other teams, though I think most will stay Colts:

RB Joseph Addai
LB Clint Session
DT Dan Muir
DT Antonio Johnson
S Melvin Bullitt

Technically Mebane is has very low RFA tender, some team should or could sign him away very easily. Have to wait for the CBA really to see what anyone can do with him.