PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no "Draft Grades" 5 years after the draft?

EricCartmann
07-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I never understood giving out "Draft Grades" before the players even showed up to a single summer camp, much less played a single down.

Looking back at the 2006 draft, Comparing Michael Huff to Jack Tatum? AJ Hawk compares to Ray Lewis? hahahah LOL

Summary of 2006 draft here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-04-30-draft-grades_x.htm

Shane P. Hallam
07-07-2011, 11:43 AM
There are, you just have to find them.

phlysac
07-07-2011, 12:24 PM
My favorite part of the old article...

Best value pick: Matt Leinart.

Best second-round pick: Chad Jackson.

Best third-round pick: Derek Hagan.

Bucs_Rule
07-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Just google it.

Football Outsiders does it for 6 years ago.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=football+outsiders+draft+reviews+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=WQ1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=NFL+Draft:+Six+Years+Later+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=92ca0954fc066d1c&biw=1167&bih=962

wordofi
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I never understood giving out "Draft Grades" before the players even showed up to a single summer camp, much less played a single down.

Looking back at the 2006 draft, Comparing Michael Huff to Jack Tatum? AJ Hawk compares to Ray Lewis? hahahah LOL

Summary of 2006 draft here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-04-30-draft-grades_x.htm

Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Para la calificación del proyecto de la derecha a alguien después de que ocurra sólo se alimenta de las nociones preconcebidas sobre el talento de un jugador, junto con las necesidades de un equipo. Nadie sabe cómo un jugador o un proyecto se va a salir hasta cinco años en el camino. Lo que puede ser un gran proyecto sobre el papel podría llegar a ser un proyecto terrible. La reserva alberga la verdad también. Con el fin de averiguar qué grado de Scott Wright se asignará a un equipo en particular, todo lo que tienes que hacer es mirar en su clasificación de los jugadores, las necesidades del equipo, y cuando un jugador va a ser redactado.

yo123
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
My favorite part of the old article...

I thought Chad Jackson was going to be a stud...

Splat
07-08-2011, 08:58 PM

Also guilty.

cvv84
07-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Read much?

If A.J. Hawk becomes the next Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher, he was worth the fifth pick.

Splat
07-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Read much?

"Its called reading, top to bottom, left to right, group words together as a sentence, take tylenol for any headaches, midol for any cramps."

nepg
07-09-2011, 02:56 PM
The funny part of that draft is I thought Chad Jackson was dog **** until the Pats had a chance to draft him... I feel so ashamed.

ypc is such a telling stat for college receivers.

descendency
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM

I cried. Tons of physical talent but missing the mental...

bored of education
07-10-2011, 11:40 AM
the interwebz is a wonderfoul place

cvv84
07-10-2011, 01:16 PM
The funny part of that draft is I thought Chad Jackson was dog **** until the Pats had a chance to draft him... I feel so ashamed.

ypc is such a telling stat for college receivers.

Try being the guy who was estatic when he fell to their pick and then they traded down and took this Greg Jennings character..

WMD
07-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Lions got Ernie Sims, Daniel Bullocks, and Brian Calhoun in the first three rounds.

Aside from Ernie, I don't think any of our other picks are even in the league anymore.

stlouisfan37
07-13-2011, 07:16 AM
2006 Rams Draft

1) Tye Hill
2) Joe Klopfenstein
3) Claude Wroten
3) Jon Alston
3) Dominique Byrd
4) Victor Adeyanju
5) Marques Hagans
7) Tim McGarigle
7) Mark Setterstrom
7) Tony Palmer

Tye Hill was a reserve last year in Detroit. The other 9...we had some injuries...some drug problems...alcohol-related issues...out of the league since 2009...look, I don't want to talk about it, okay? Can we just...change the subject? When's the lockout gonna end?

K Train
07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
steelers got Santonio Holmes, Anthony Smith, Willie Colon, Charles Davis, Omar Jacobs, Marvin Phillips, and Cedric Humes.

Santonio...i <3 him and miss him

Anthony Smith was a badass, but the coaches HATED him...he had great instinct and closing speed, but he was a DICK

Not many steeler fans like willie colon, but hes a great drive blocking RT and plays with a mean streak...he was very solid and started a lot of consecutive games at RT before he got hurt, i hope they actually try him at guard this year next to flozell, mendenhall wouldnt mind that right side.

next 4 all suck, omar jacobs was a hilarious pick though

stlouisfan37
07-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Not every year is a stellar year. In some years, where the draft is quite weak, hardly anyone will come out ahead. What I find to be so frustrating about the draft is that there are those teams out there who consistently get the most out of their draft, year after year. Then I look at my team, which has had some decent drafts, but have missed more than they hit, and I just don't understand why they can't figure it out. The draft is the one area of football that has an absolute level playing field. By that I mean, everyone has the same opportunities to do their homework as everyone else. Yet every year I see the same teams - Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego, Green Bay, Philadelphia - getting better talent out of lower draft picks. Trading down and picking up additional picks next year. Using those free picks to steal elite talent in the 4th or 5th round (see Randy Moss). It just appears to me that a only a few guys are smart enough to eat out of everyone else's pockets.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
07-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Lions got Ernie Sims, Daniel Bullocks, and Brian Calhoun in the first three rounds.

Aside from Ernie, I don't think any of our other picks are even in the league anymore.

Oh Millen. Ernie never made many impact plays and overpursued often. Didn't fit our new system and was turned into Scheffler. Bullocks showed promise then Millen 2nd round injury curse. Never recovered from that knee injury. Calhoun injury and sucks.

Lots of fail there.

wogitalia
07-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Tye Hill was a reserve last year in Detroit. The other 9...we had some injuries...some drug problems...alcohol-related issues...out of the league since 2009...look, I don't want to talk about it, okay? Can we just...change the subject? When's the lockout gonna end?

At least Jon Alston was the single greatest Madden player ever back in 2008. Pick him up as a FA, change to DE, trade for whoever you wanted! So good :)

descendency
07-14-2011, 05:41 AM
At least Jon Alston was the single greatest Madden player ever back in 2008. Pick him up as a FA, change to DE, trade for whoever you wanted! So good :)

Position changes in Madden work because Madden is ********.

EricCartmann
07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Para la calificación del proyecto de la derecha a alguien después de que ocurra sólo se alimenta de las nociones preconcebidas sobre el talento de un jugador, junto con las necesidades de un equipo. Nadie sabe cómo un jugador o un proyecto se va a salir hasta cinco años en el camino. Lo que puede ser un gran proyecto sobre el papel podría llegar a ser un proyecto terrible. La reserva alberga la verdad también. Con el fin de averiguar qué grado de Scott Wright se asignará a un equipo en particular, todo lo que tienes que hacer es mirar en su clasificación de los jugadores, las necesidades del equipo, y cuando un jugador va a ser redactado.

Bueno!!!!!!!!

EricCartmann
07-14-2011, 10:55 AM
There are, you just have to find them.

For every ONE 5-year draft grade, I see about 100 immediate draft grades. I am just saying giving draft grades before a player has even played a single down is pretty lame.