PDA

View Full Version : Georgia RB Caleb King declares for the Supplemental Draft

Shane P. Hallam
07-10-2011, 11:02 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/10/report-caleb-king-to-enter-nfls-supplemental-draft/

fenikz
07-10-2011, 11:16 PM
would semi shock me if he gets drafted

Halsey
07-10-2011, 11:58 PM
He's just never looked like a very good player. I'm not convinced he'll ever make an NFL roster.

Duffman57
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Pretty expected IMO. He looked real good coming in, but i've heard he never looked the same after a broken leg. Size/Speed combo is there, but he just doesn't have the quickness and lateral agility that you look for.

Rashaan Salaam
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
He's just never looked like a very good player. I'm not convinced he'll ever make an NFL roster.

Winner! King SCREAMS average player..

ellsy82
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM

Yeah. These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Move along. Move along.

FTRWRTR
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
This makes me sad. A few years ago when he won "Mister Football" in the state of Georgia and committed to UGA I was so happy and hopeful about the future. But he couldn't get it done and washaun ealy was our top rb. So this offseason ealy transfers and I hope/think that means big things for king and then I find out he's ruled academically ineligible for the year and now this.

I can't imagine anyone will draft him even with a seventh round pick.

hockey619
07-12-2011, 03:49 PM

agreed, he has never looked the part and just doesnt seem to have it. No way is he drafted unless he has an absurd workout (highly unlikely imo) and im not even sure he'll get that many training camp looks. He wasnt that good in college, why would he suddenly become a better runner in the pros...

descendency
07-12-2011, 08:49 PM

Average may be being too kind to him.

PossibleCabbage
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Are we even sure there's going to be a supplemental draft? I mean, the lateness of the hour is such that isn't it conceivable that the coming CBA wouldn't allow a supplemental draft until 2012? Since the supplemental draft would have to be fit in the roughly two week period during which teams have to both sign their rookie draft classes, but also go through free agency (both veteran and undrafted). There's a lot to do in a short period of time here.

Average may be being too kind to him.

Depends on the size of the set we're considering when figuring out what "average means." I mean, "college running back" also includes the D3 guys.

Shane P. Hallam
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Are we even sure there's going to be a supplemental draft? I mean, the lateness of the hour is such that isn't it conceivable that the coming CBA wouldn't allow a supplemental draft until 2012? Since the supplemental draft would have to be fit in the roughly two week period during which teams have to both sign their rookie draft classes, but also go through free agency (both veteran and undrafted). There's a lot to do in a short period of time here.

Depends on the size of the set we're considering when figuring out what "average means." I mean, "college running back" also includes the D3 guys.

Looks like there will be a supplemental draft, it is still possible within the lockout if the league sets it.

PossibleCabbage
07-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Looks like there will be a supplemental draft, it is still possible within the lockout if the league sets it.

But they haven't scheduled one yet, and the Bears and Rams are scheduled to head to camp on August 7. We're running out of time to actually fit one in.

Shane P. Hallam
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
They never schedule it until a week before or so. It is usually the last week of July.

K Train
07-13-2011, 08:11 AM
im saying undraftable

Duffman57
07-13-2011, 03:24 PM
He might have got a shot in the 7th round of a normal draft, because he's fast and a pretty big back. But in the Supp, then i say no chance, maybe he gets a shot at a camp.