PDA

View Full Version : Audie Cole NC State

HakeemtheMachine
07-13-2011, 07:45 AM
vs UCF
rLA2FTaW3xs

Back when I was watching tape on Nate Irving this guy really stood out to me. Havent seen much press about him. He is moving to MLB this season but looks more like a 3-4 OLB to me. He moves well in space and looks solid in pass coverage for a guy that is 6'5". I think he is in for monster season being moved inside any thoughts on him

Ozzy
07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Totally agree, love him as a prospect. Love his size, love his speed, very athletic, very big, runs really well, plays hard, can rush the passer and defend the pass. Real sleeper prospect and should have a breakout year and be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick next year I would hope if not higher if he plays up to his potential.

SolidGold
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
I think NC St is a sleeper team this year in the ACC. I like their defense and think Glennon will be a very good QB.

ncst8fan83
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
The thing to remember with Audie is that he was a high school QB. His learning curve was steep on the defensive side of the ball and as a senior he is starting at what is the most important position in the Tenuta LB corps. I think he has tons of room to grow as a prospect. While I wouldn't label him as "fast" I think he has adequate speed and agility to cover TEs and the slot on occasion. I don't think he'd excel as a 34 OLB, but I could definitely see him on the inside in a 34 or as a SLB in a 43.

DBNYDP
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I've seen him a couple times while scouting Irving and I never thought that he would be a great sideline to sideline guy and a true 4-3 MLB. I think he might have some success at the TED backer in the 3-4, if he can learn to use that frame better and get better at defeating blocks, he could be a special player there.

descendency
07-14-2011, 05:32 PM
I really like him at LB for NC State.

HakeemtheMachine
07-14-2011, 10:42 PM
The thing to remember with Audie is that he was a high school QB. His learning curve was steep on the defensive side of the ball and as a senior he is starting at what is the most important position in the Tenuta LB corps. I think he has tons of room to grow as a prospect. While I wouldn't label him as "fast" I think he has adequate speed and agility to cover TEs and the slot on occasion. I don't think he'd excel as a 34 OLB, but I could definitely see him on the inside in a 34 or as a SLB in a 43.
I could see him inside as well. my first thought watching him in space and that frame was a strongside OLB in a 3-4 defense.

ellsy82
07-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I could see him inside as well. my first thought watching him in space and that frame was a strongside OLB in a 3-4 defense.

Could be equally effective as a strongside inside backer. Love these kinds of players. Lots of options with this kind of position flexibility.

HakeemtheMachine
07-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Alo put this one up

vs NC

v8qdPUWG1ag

FUNBUNCHER
07-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Was not aware of him until this thread.

How much does he weigh??? What jumps out on those clips is how well he moves, very fluid for a taller LB. I like that he can turn his hips, sink and change his direction of pursuit almost effortlessly. Looks good physically in coverage, even if at times he appears lost.

His athleticism looks pretty good for a 'backer inside or outside, but his game is still raw.

If he gets to the right pro team, I could easily see someone developing into an NFL starter in a few years.

If he blows up in 2011 and makes the All-ACC team, it's not hard to imagine him going in the top 50-100 picks.

EDIT: Cole is actually legit in coverage, so smooth the way he can turn and get into passing lanes. Surprised by his play awareness,(INSTINCTS).
Will be a player to watch in 2011.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
07-19-2011, 07:32 AM
vs UCF
rLA2FTaW3xs

Back when I was watching tape on Nate Irving this guy really stood out to me. Havent seen much press about him. He is moving to MLB this season but looks more like a 3-4 OLB to me. He moves well in space and looks solid in pass coverage for a guy that is 6'5". I think he is in for monster season being moved inside any thoughts on him

Another Slow , White, tiff hip Linebacker no thanks. Please they never do well in the NFL.,

Alex Wujuicak Marylands LB, averaged like 130 tackles for the past 3 years. and his football playing days are over i love the dude as a player, but he has the same issues Coles has , Slow , white non athletic next topic....

SolidGold
07-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Another Slow , White, tiff hip Linebacker no thanks. Please they never do well in the NFL.,

Alex Wujuicak Marylands LB, averaged like 130 tackles for the past 3 years. and his football playing days are over i love the dude as a player, but he has the same issues Coles has , Slow , white non athletic next topic....

you shouldn't stereotype. He is actually very fluid and athletic. - rep for you

HakeemtheMachine
07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
you shouldn't stereotype. He is actually very fluid and athletic. - rep for you

Yeah, for a guy thats 6-5 he moves very well. Clay Matthews is white the last time I checked and he is arguably the best 3-4 OLB in the NFL. So is Brian Cushing, Chad Greenway, Brian Urlacher for his size was the most athletic MLB Ive ever seen

TACKLE
07-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Looks like a prototype 43 SAM backer.

Jimmy
07-20-2011, 06:21 PM
What a shame he was switched to mike

ncst8fan83
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
What a shame he was switched to mike

It's a scheme thing. Tenuta usually puts his best LB in the mike position. It'll give Audie a different view of the football field and hopefully expend his understanding of the game. Regardless, it'll give him more flexibility to NFL teams, I believe.

And to the guy asking about his measurements, the NCSU site has him listed at 6'5" 239#. He has the frame to add more, but isn't necessarily an impressive physical specimen like other linebackers out there.

SchizophrenicBatman
07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Cole was raw when he started playing at NC State. 2 years ago I actually hated him because he was constantly out of position and the defense was terrible (this was the year Irving was injured).

But he improved as that season went on and last year he really put it together. The UCF game was his best but he was solid all year. He'll measure out ok at the combine. Probably 6'4+ 245 with a 4.7 or 4.8 40.

I think he's a better player than Terrell Manning, who will measure out much better. BTW the third LB this year is another big kid, converted safety who might be an NFL prospect in a couple years...http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/green_dj00.html