PDA

View Full Version : Trade Scenarios Thread

shylo3716
07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Feel free to post any trades you think maybe possible after the lockout ends.

Kevin Kolb to Arizona
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Philadelphia

Both players fill a need & I believe Rodgers-Cromartie will mesh well opposite of Samuel if we cannot get Nnamdi Asomugha.

I don't know how it will work out under the cap but could this trade be possible?

CashmoneyDrew
07-17-2011, 06:49 PM
AZ would not give up DRC.

shylo3716
07-17-2011, 06:52 PM
AZ would not give up DRC.

How do they plan on getting Kolb?

Sloopy
07-17-2011, 06:56 PM

offer a 2nd round draft pick at BEST, which is probably the most any team would give up for him forcing Philly to either take the best offer or hold on to Kolb for another season

ArkyRamsFan
07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Why not go after Marc Bulger of Baltimore? Last year was the first time in his career (well, it seems like it) that he was not injured. He is probably as healthy as the next guy and he could do a lot of damage with Fitz and co. and he could probably be had relatively cheap.

On second thought, as a Rams fan, maybe it's best he stays on the bench in Ravenland.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Offer a bag of peanuts?

fenikz
07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
some ones ive heard rumored

Kolb for DRC
Kolb for Washington
Kolb for a conditional 2nd that could become a 1st
Wells for Palmer

fenikz
07-17-2011, 08:22 PM
and I believe Bulger said he wanted to stay on the east coast and didnt care about starting

phlysac
07-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sure the 49ers and Buccaneers will be having discussion about the availability of Josh Johnson. Probably won't be made, however.

Pat Sims 90
07-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Beanie Wells + 5 or 6 round pick for Carson Palmer seems like it would be good for both sides with Benson being a FA and his recent arrest.

DoughBoy
07-17-2011, 09:49 PM
What about Tennessee for Haynesworth? Assuming Shanny is serious about the "we're not releasing him" thing.

gpngc
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Steve Smith to San Diego for a 4th/conditional 3rd makes too much sense to actually happen.

gpngc
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Also Derrick Strait for Lee Suggs.

gpngc
07-17-2011, 10:33 PM
And Reuben Droughns for Tim Carter.

OSUGiants17
07-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Steve Smith(Carolina) to New England for a 4th

phlysac
07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Check out this absolute gem that just hit the webz. Hold your laughter.

2011 NFL Trade Rumors — Chris Johnson to 49ers?
July 17, 2011 08:15 PM EDT

Chris Johnson has been one of the best running backs in the NFL over the first three years of his career with the Tennessee Titans, but the team has struggled, and with Johnson having just one more year on his contract, it seems that this could be his last year in a Titans uniform.

Several teams in the NFL will be in need of a back with the talents that Johnson possesses, and trade rumors have already began circulating on where he will be playing in 2012. The San Francisco 49ers have a new head coach in Jim Harbaugh, and he has always had a back that can change a game. Frank Gore is in the last year of his contract with the 49ers and with his age, could be looking at becoming a backup with another team.

The 49ers have made it clear that they want to get the team back to what it once was, and with Harbaugh running the team, look for the 49ers to make several moves over the next couple of years to add talent and the type of players the new coach wants to get the job done in San Francisco. Johnson would be a great addition, and it would make the 49ers a favorite in the NFC West.
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979656983

Gotta love fan blogs disguised as news media. I'm hoping that's what this is.

SickwithIt1010
07-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I could see the Cards giving up DRC for Kolb. I think they are willing to give up a 1st rounder as well...I know some team is dumb enough.

Also dont be surprised if the Eagles talk to the titans about Big Al...Albert flourished under our DL Coach and I could see us taking a chance.

lowlife
07-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sure the 49ers and Buccaneers will be having discussion about the availability of Josh Johnson. Probably won't be made, however.

If not this season, he'll leave next off-season for the other bay area anyway. Recent quotes made it very apparent he plans on moving on along with how much he misses the West Coast and how big of a 9ers fan he is. "Career backup" sure wouldn't be a title I'd like to maintain.

I don't see any reason why Tampa would keep him for a season only to lose him the next without compensation. Probably wouldn't take more than a 5th.

ellsy82
07-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Steve Smith(Carolina) to New England for a 4th

That would be scary.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I really like the Beanie Wells + a later pick for Carson Palmer idea.

K Train
07-18-2011, 12:36 PM
malcolm floyd for steve smith maybe?

Kolb for DRC would be straight up bird on bird rape.

if i were the cards id trade for orton 10/10 times over kollb...offer alan branch and a 5th round pick or something

jrdrylie
07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
The hate for Kolb on here is hilarious. People saying a 2nd round at best. Arizona wouldn't trade DRC, You'd rather have Orton.

The truth is every team in the league would trade a corner back for a potential franchise QB. Whoever wants Kolb is going to have to give up at least a first. I'm guessing the Cardinals send a first and another pick between the 3rd and 5th round. And Kyle Orton? He was okay the last two seasons in a system that heavily inflated his numbers. In reality, he is an average to below average quarterback.

niel89
07-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I just have 0% faith that Kolb is a franchise QB or will become one.

K Train
07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
The hate for Kolb on here is hilarious. People saying a 2nd round at best. Arizona wouldn't trade DRC, You'd rather have Orton.

The truth is every team in the league would trade a corner back for a potential franchise QB. Whoever wants Kolb is going to have to give up at least a first. I'm guessing the Cardinals send a first and another pick between the 3rd and 5th round. And Kyle Orton? He was okay the last two seasons in a system that heavily inflated his numbers. In reality, he is an average to below average quarterback.

what has kolb done to show you hes anything at all? a couple bombs to desean jackson in fill in time for mcnabb? playing poorly in week one until he got hurt and lost his job to vick? or the reports that kolb makes andy reid light up like a christmas tree?

i get that he might be a better investment than a rookie for the cards, but thats only cause its now or never for him...if hes gonna be good its gonna be right now, but cassel had a larger body of work and imo is the more impressive of the 2 and he only got a 2nd round pick. Shaub got a second round pick with the same little time to showcase his ability to potential suitors, wtf makes kolb so special?

DRC and peterson could be an insane CB duo, breaking that up would be a terrible move for kolb, and even worse since DRC is the only one that they know can play CB cause lets face the rest of their CBs suck ass and its no guarantee peterson wont have to slide back to FS

bucfan12
07-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Kolb has done nothing to impress me that he's worth a 1st round pick and even a franchise QB. He seems like he can be an average starter on a very good team that will not rely on him to carry a team on his back.

If the Cards trade DRC for Kolb, philly just raped Arizona. DRC is a very good CB who was a bit off last year. If he went to philly, they'd be legit top 3 CB tandems in the NFL.

phlysac
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
The first time I see an "Andy Reid" quarterback leave the Eagles and perform better with his new team than he did in Philadelphia, is when I'll start believing in Kevin Kolb.

A Perfect Score
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I'll take Kyle Orton 10 times out of 10 over Kolb, especially with someone like Fitz to throw to. Orton may never be a stellar QB, but he's a more then capable game manager and if you surround him with playmakers, there's no reason he can't be a successful starter. Add in the fact that he'll most likely come cheaper and he's a more attractive package all around. All Kolb has shown in his very limited time is a tendency to stare down receivers and less then stellar accuracy, which is what he was lauded for in the first place. Honestly, most of his appeal stems from whatever Andy Reid sees in him and for all we know, that could just be them hyping him up after realizing they made a mistake.

If Arizona are really stupid enough to trade a young, stellar CB for an unproven product at QB then they deserve whatever they get with Kolb. That said, I don't think the organization is dumb enough to do that, especially when they're on the verge of having one of the best secondaries in the entire league. DRC - Wilson - Rhodes - Peterson is just ridiculous.

fenikz
07-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Orton's price was rumored to be a 1st+ so that's why there isn't a market for him

BlindSite
07-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Orton's price was rumored to be a 1st+ so that's why there isn't a market for him

For all the tebow show stuff going on I doubt Fox goes with the young unproven guy over the vet.

Brown Leader
07-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Report:Cardinals will offer Rodgers-Cromartie for Kolb (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Cardinals-will-offer-RodgersCromartie-for-Kolb.html)

Agreed that Orton is better right now then Kolb but a Kolb for DRC trade is sound. DRC played like **** last year-something like the way his cousin played his last year or two in San Diego. Now that they have their new #1 CB, why not take a chance on a possible long term starting QB?

Brothgar
07-19-2011, 01:35 AM
The Cards would be ******** if they traded DRC for Kolb.

1. The Andy Reid system makes QBs look 10x better than they are.
2. There are comparable QB that they could get in free agency.
3. Worst case scenario they don't get any QB and get Andrew Luck with the first overall pick.

fenikz
07-19-2011, 01:44 AM
were no where near bad enough for the #1 pick

Matthew Jones
07-19-2011, 10:10 AM
which is, of course, why he never started clausen.

Fox started Clausen because Matt Moore was on pace to throw 35 interceptions before going down with an injury and a 1-4 record. Not saying he won't start Tebow, just noting the difference between benching someone who was both injured and having a terrible season for a young guy and benching someone who is coming off of a very solid season for a young guy.

JBCX
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
This is actually a *really* good deal for the Cardinals.

They drafted Patrick Peterson this year, so if they happen to trade away DRC, they will not be hurt too greatly by the loss.

However, if they don't manage to acquire a *competent* starting NFL QB this year, their season is simply over, and there is a strong possibility that Larry Fitzgerald leaves the team following the 2011 season. Not obtaining a real NFL QB this year is the worst thing that can happen to this franchise. Not even having two shutdown CBs will matter if they don't have a real QB.

There is absolutely no-one on the roster right now who is a legitimate NFL QB. Max Hall doesn't even belong in the CFL, much less the NFL; Derek Anderson is one of the worst QBs still being paid by an NFL team - he's in the same class as Jake Delhomme and Brady Quinn; and John Skelton is a pure project who won't be ready to play at even a remotely high level for another 2-3 years, minimum, if he ever develops at all.

Because Arizona passed on every QB in the draft, their last remaining option is free agency or trade. The free agency options are less than exciting. Marc Bulger is old and washed up. Bret Favre is old and washed up. Donovan McNabb is old and washed up. Matt Hasselbeck is old and washed up. The only real viable QBs remaining for the Cardinals to obtain are Kevin Kolb or Kyle Orton, both which must be acquired in trade. Both have shown the ability play at a high level if placed in the right system (Kolb in Andy Reid's WCO, and Orton in Josh McDaniel's system). Choosing which one to take as your 2011 QB is a matter of preference, money, and draft picks/players given in exchange. I don't know what the Cardinals need to give up to get Orton, but if all they need to do is give up the second best CB on their roster (yes, Peterson is already better than DRC by default) and maybe a minor draft pick, then I'd say that is an easy price to pay if the alternative is complete and utter failure of your franchise and the exodus of your marquee player, no?

With Kolb, there is a strong chance that they are a playoff team in 2011. Without Kolb, they have to bank on obtaining Orton, and if they can't obtain him, then they are picking in the top 5 of the draft next year again, and Larry Fitzgerald is saying "adios, Arizona!". I think if I'm the Cardinals FO, I gladly part with DRC + draft pick for Kolb.

AntoinCD
07-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Report:Cardinals will offer Rodgers-Cromartie for Kolb (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Cardinals-will-offer-RodgersCromartie-for-Kolb.html)

Agreed that Orton is better right now then Kolb but a Kolb for DRC trade is sound. DRC played like **** last year-something like the way his cousin played his last year or two in San Diego. Now that they have their new #1 CB, why not take a chance on a possible long term starting QB?

Not a huge fan of this deal for the Cardinals. Kolb will be way better than anything on the roster, but I just dont think he will be what everyone is building him up to be.

For the Eagles it's great. Get something for Kolb this year so he doesn't go for nothing next year, plus by adding DRC it means they wont be tempted into the Aso sweepstakes leaving them more money to address their other needs via free agency.

BlindSite
07-19-2011, 07:37 PM
which is, of course, why he never started clausen.

Fox started Clausen because Matt Moore was on pace to throw 35 interceptions before going down with an injury and a 1-4 record. Not saying he won't start Tebow, just noting the difference between benching someone who was both injured and having a terrible season for a young guy and benching someone who is coming off of a very solid season for a young guy.

No he started Moore when he was healthy, it's simple Moore got injured that's why Clausen started. Pickles wouldn't have started at all if Moore was ready to go.

Fox loves his veterans and will start them in place of young guys almost unequivocally. Unless there's a massive gap the vets get the start.

Notable examples; Foster starting over Williams, Tyler Brayton starting over Charles Johnson, Justin Hartwig over Kalil, the list goes on and on. It's almost undoubted that Fox will want to start Orton, it just depends on what pressure is put on him by Elway and co.

BlindSite
07-19-2011, 07:54 PM
It's not that dumb of an idea, Tebow hasn't shown he's entirely ready to run the offense and you've got major scheme changes coming on offense and defense. I can garantee you it's going to be a vastly different team from last season and with the changes going on on the offense especially you're better of starting Orton for the year and giving Tebow time to get adjusted yet again to what will be his third new scheme in 3 years.

You really want to start a QB who wasn't considered NFL ready in his first year in his 3rd scheme in that time while the receivers, offensive line and supporting cast are changing everything?

gpngc
07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
DRC doesn't tackle and isn't a shutdown guy at the level of Nnamdi, Revis, or even Hall or Samuel. He's a CB that only makes a positive impact when the other team chooses to attack him and he wins the battle.

In return, the Cards are getting a guy they feel can be a franchise QB. We've seen him in limited action and he's shown flaws, but nothing insurmountable. He's also flashed signs and is still young and talented.

I buy the argument that this is a bad trade for the Cards if you're predicting Kolb sucks throughout his career. I don't if you're saying giving up DRC is too much. It's a QB league.

And of course the Eagles are going to make out like bandits. They have two valuable QB pieces and one of them is Michael ******* Vick. There's no losing in that situation.

K Train
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I buy the argument that this is a bad trade for the Cards if you're predicting Kolb sucks throughout his career. I don't if you're saying giving up DRC is too much. It's a QB league

im saying DRC would be too much because i think kolb is gonna suck. i dont think DRC is the greatest CB but i do think hes a good playmaker and will be real nice across from peterson being the #2 guy.

offer a second round pick, dont pick a part a promising young defense for a QB that may be an ok player but could (and imo more likely) will be a career backup

JBCX
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
im saying DRC would be too much because i think kolb is gonna suck. i dont think DRC is the greatest CB but i do think hes a good playmaker and will be real nice across from peterson being the #2 guy.

offer a second round pick, dont pick a part a promising young defense for a QB that may be an ok player but could (and imo more likely) will be a career backup

You do realize that the Cardinals have no ability to get even an *average* QB unless they get Kyle Orton or Kevin Kolb, right?

The best secondary in the NFL won't mean a damn thing if the team can't score points and their QB is constantly throwing pick-6s.

It's really as simple as this: either the Cards take a chance on Kolb/Orton or they pick in the top 5 again next year, and Larry Fitzgerald is gone.

BlindSite
07-19-2011, 11:31 PM
yes. if he has 'it', you'll see it. starting orton doesn't turn the team into a playoff team (if it did, i'd be fully onboard never playing tebow), and if the team's potentially going to be in position to pick up luck, it's vitally important to know whether we have anything (whichever trade that would end up with us leveraging), or whether we don't. even if we don't end up at #1, it's a virtual certainty we'll end up in the top ten. if tebow's not the guy, we need to get the guy.

(the above moreso, given that tebow showed he *can* somewhat competently play the position last season)

As it stands here's what we know.

Tebow has one full year in the NFL under his belt. In that time 81 attempts for 4 tds and 3 INTs though he also ran for 3 TDs. It's impressive I'll grant but this was against oakland and Houston for two of the games.

That being said that was with McDaniels who for all his failings knows how to tailor a game around his quarterback. The current offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has worked with fox and it can be argued he can continue the same blue print tebow did have. That being said Fox wants to go back to a zone blocking system and I believe turn the team back to being a running power house.

While I think Tebow can start the uncertainty of the team leads me to believe given what I know about Fox having followed his career for the better part of a decade will want to go with a veteran and in doing so won't want to trade away his starting QB.

I might be wrong, if I am I'll apologise but right now, Orton is likely to start from day one.

Orton on the other hand 7000 yards 41tds and 21 turn overs, it's not all universe Quarterbacking but it'll be enough to get them into competition with some help in the running game.