PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

sbh15
07-19-2011, 10:03 AM
with the lockout (supposedly) ending soon, I figured I'd get this going for this year. I'm also doing this so I can ask...

is Jeremy Maclin for Mike Williams (TB) straight up a good trade? the league is keeper, ppr, and you get 1 pt bonuses for 40+yd td's and 2 pt bonuses for 50+yd td's. I also have Josh Freeman, so I want to get the qb/wr combo.

FlyingElvis
07-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I think Hines beat you to the thread, but it's as dead as it gets anyway. lol

I love Maclin at a discount because he's going a bit later than he should for a guy who should produce as well or better than he did last year.

I love Williams, too, and think he can continue his solid play.

I think the trade straight up is fair but believe Maclin is a bit undervalued (too many stars on that roster) so I'd be surprised if the TBMike owner bites. Personally, I'd have a tough time parting with Mike, but I think you're better off going the safe route and NOT having him and Freeman. Double teams, youth, attitude and overachieving are the things I worry about with Mike, whereas my only concern with Maclin is competition for touches.

The two are pretty even, I think, and their ADP shows that to be true.

EDIT: I was the only to respond to the other thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47722), too. lol

sbh15
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
But shouldn't Winslow's presence help free Mike up? I'm also worried that Vick won't be able to repeat his success from last season and the offense will rely more on Jackson and McCoy, with Maclin falling by the wayside. I guess there are two sides to it... maybe I'll try to get a pick, too, and see if he bites. Also, the format of this league doesn't require you to give up a pick based on the player you keep. The keepers are re-drafted to each team, and then a snake draft starts in reverse order of the last season's standings.

FlyingElvis
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
I think Winslow's role is pretty consistent so there won't be any change there. He's pretty locked in to his career range of 70 catches / 800 yards / 5 TDs.

Both teams have a pretty static group. Same WRs / TEs / QB situations that should be pretty on-pace with last years numbers. I thought Maclin & Vick had better chemistry and he was the number one target, but that's just my eyeball test from the games I saw. Which, considering the dominance of NFC East coverage for me here in the NE, was a decent number of Iggles games.

As far as McCoy . . . best RB in the league to have his talent wasted in an Andy Reid, pass-happy offense. Then Vick steals rushing totals, too. You're right on Vick - I can't see a repeat performance. But to me that means his rushing number may take the hit, but Maclin's may not.

If you like Williams better, go for it. I think they're close enough you should be able to get a deal done and a draft pick going either way in the trade would be fair - round 9-12, maybe? If you have to pay a little to get the guy you think will be better there's no harm in it. Especially if you end up right and Williams blows up. I agree he has the better situation as far as targets and competition on his team, but it may not be as different as you think. Mike had 127 targets vs. Maclin's 115 last year and it seemed like Vick relied on Maclin more while Kolb was looking to DJax & Celek and not Maclin. Again, just eyeball & memory there, both of which can be less than dependable at times. lol

The difference between the two is simply prediction / projection & man-crush.

gpngc
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Little Mike Williams will have a hard time re-creating that TD production this season. Not to mention, he doesn't play the NFC West this year.

And Maclin does.

FlyingElvis
07-20-2011, 02:42 PM
TDs are definitely the wildcard, but I think he'll see a bump in receptions and yards.

75 / 1050

That would give him ~20 points more than last year, which would account for 3 less TDs.

Playing better competition could easily translate to more catches & targets, too.

AntoinCD
07-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I like Maclin more in this scenario. The Eagles play the NFC West and have two games against both Dallas and Washington, neither have amazing defensive backfields. I also think Tampa Bay are going to try and commit to more of a running attack this year now they know what they have in Blount

sbh15
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
well the main thing for me is having freeman's #1 target. that way when he throws a td, or even a completion to williams, i'm getting 3+ points, and that's a safe bet to happen quite a bit. it's a 16 team league, and i've found the teams that group their byes do better because it's slim pickings when you need a fill in.

bearfan
07-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Who are some of your guy's sleepers this year?
Im having a hard time figuring out who I think will break out and be a steal later in the draft, especially at the RB position. It seems like either there is one RB that will get most the carries, or more truer RBBC this year, which creates no late round steals. Let me know what you guys think cause ive been racking my brain trying to figure it out.

TheBoyWonder22
07-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Im having a hard time figuring out who I think will break out and be a steal later in the draft, especially at the RB position. It seems like either there is one RB that will get most the carries, or more truer RBBC this year, which creates no late round steals. Let me know what you guys think cause ive been racking my brain trying to figure it out.
Roy Helu!
That's all

sbh15
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM

not really a sleeper, but i bet you can get really good value on jonathan stewart of carolina. williams is packing his bags most likely, leaving only goodson to split carries with (goodson will make a great handcuff, btw). last year carolina was ****, but their offensive line was wrecked by injuries (gross, otah, and wharton all missed time last year). i think their running game sees a resurgence this year, and i like stewart to hit 1k rushing with 8-10 touchdowns, because there he's the goalline back, too.

TheBoyWonder22
07-21-2011, 09:53 AM
not really a sleeper, but i bet you can get really good value on jonathan stewart of carolina. williams is packing his bags most likely, leaving only goodson to split carries with (goodson will make a great handcuff, btw). last year carolina was ****, but their offensive line was wrecked by injuries. i think their running game sees a resurgence this year, and i like stewart to hit 1k rushing with 8-10 touchdowns, because there he's the goalline back, too.
I just took him in a mock at 25. That's not bad for the amount of tds I see him getting.

LonghornsLegend
07-21-2011, 11:54 AM
As far as McCoy . . . best RB in the league to have his talent wasted in an Andy Reid, pass-happy offense. Then Vick steals rushing totals, too. You're right on Vick - I can't see a repeat performance. But to me that means his rushing number may take the hit, but Maclin's may not.

I'm not sure why some people feel this way, because I've heard it before. Did playing for Andy Reid waste the talent of Brian Westbrook? He was a stud year after year. Everything in his situation makes it one of the most desirable.

He has an offense and a coach that isn't going to run a RBBC, no matter how small the guy. Lesean is a cog in that offense, and very rarely comes off the field. They also pass a ton, and he's involved in every bit of the passing game and receiving game.

They also have Vick. For every downside you can list to Vick vulturing TD's or yards I can give you alot more on the opposite end to show that having a guy like Vick on an offense is going to make the RB's job alot easier and leave a ton of huge lanes wide open, which is dangerous for a guy like McCoy.

Jamaal Charles is a beast. Can you imagine him playing with Michael Vick? If Vick runs to the left, and it's a delayed handoff to the right guess where the defense is going? I love everything about Philly for McCoy. Granted I mostly play in ppr leagues, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him any lower in standard scoring.

McCoy is only getting better, he's on a much faster pace then Westbrook to fast track his career to a pro bowl consistent player and at his age the arrow is pointing up, he hasn't even came close to having his best season as a pro yet IMO.

FlyingElvis
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Helu is a good one at RB, though Torain is entrenched - which makes him a decent add, too. They're squarely in the RBBC look atm, though so they don't really count as sleepers, per se. Grant / Starks look to be in the same situation.

Guys like DWill / JStew / Addai / Bradshaw are all going at discounts now but their ADP will change once their situations are clear.

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I think there really aren't any sleepers that are not currently mired in an RBBC. I like Mathews & Hillis to destroy their ADP, but they're not going late enough to be sleepers.

I'm not sure why some people feel this way, because I've heard it before. Did playing for Andy Reid waste the talent of Brian Westbrook? He was a stud year after year. Everything in his situation makes it one of the most desirable.

He has an offense and a coach that isn't going to run a RBBC, no matter how small the guy. Lesean is a cog in that offense, and very rarely comes off the field. They also pass a ton, and he's involved in every bit of the passing game and receiving game.

They also have Vick. For every downside you can list to Vick vulturing TD's or yards I can give you alot more on the opposite end to show that having a guy like Vick on an offense is going to make the RB's job alot easier and leave a ton of huge lanes wide open, which is dangerous for a guy like McCoy.

Jamaal Charles is a beast. Can you imagine him playing with Michael Vick? If Vick runs to the left, and it's a delayed handoff to the right guess where the defense is going? I love everything about Philly for McCoy. Granted I mostly play in ppr leagues, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him any lower in standard scoring.

McCoy is only getting better, he's on a much faster pace then Westbrook to fast track his career to a pro bowl consistent player and at his age the arrow is pointing up, he hasn't even came close to having his best season as a pro yet IMO.

McCoy is a stud and is the leader of my tier 2 RBs, tbh. My comment wasn't meant to be as negative as you took it. I just think McCoy would be even better if he had more consistent carries, which doesn't happen in Reid's offense. If he were used as a true feature back in an offense like SDs he would be in the #1 spot on my draft board.

sbh15
07-21-2011, 03:27 PM
well the guy declined my offer, so i guess i'm "stuck" with maclin. what irks me is that he didn't give a reason for declining the trade, so i don't even know if he was intrigued or not.

FlyingElvis
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I hate that. At lease decline with a note like "not intersted in moving him" or "not enough."

LonghornsLegend
07-21-2011, 08:48 PM
well the guy declined my offer, so i guess i'm "stuck" with maclin. what irks me is that he didn't give a reason for declining the trade, so i don't even know if he was intrigued or not.

Those probably aren't future trading partners. I love flea flicker dynasty leagues and the set up, but every trade I decline I let a guy know if he was close, or if a guy was off limits, or send a counter. At least some thoughts. When I get a decline comment I know if I can counter, or how to.

When I get cold declines I usually just move on to another guy and figure I won't get anthing from those types of guys unless I prod him for a response or make him an offer he can't refuse.

gpngc
07-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm about to give you all the best advice you'll get. The AFC North and NFC East play the NFC West this year. You're all welcome.

The_Dude
07-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Helu is a good one at RB, though Torain is entrenched - which makes him a decent add, too. They're squarely in the RBBC look atm, though so they don't really count as sleepers, per se. Grant / Starks look to be in the same situation.

Guys like DWill / JStew / Addai / Bradshaw are all going at discounts now but their ADP will change once their situations are clear.

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I think there really aren't any sleepers that are not currently mired in an RBBC. I like Mathews & Hillis to destroy their ADP, but they're not going late enough to be sleepers.

Add in the fact that Shannahan is a complete dick when it comes to FF running backs, i won't be taking Helu in any of my dynasty drafts.

FlyingElvis
07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah, Shanny sucks b/c it's impossible to guage who will play. I'll take Helu / Torain only in my deep roster leagues. It doesn't help any that Washington is just terrible to begin with.

sbh15
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
i just trade donovan mcnabb for jon beason in my idp keeper league. wasn't gonna keep mcnabb, so i feel like it's good value. i also offered a guy short on keepers dwill+jstew for jamaal charles since i only have one spot left for an offensive keeper. anyone have thoughts?

also, i'm starting to like bush for a big year on the dolphins, especially if they get orton. bush and bess are two guys who could break out because that offense would be pretty pass happy. almost spread-like, imo

FlyingElvis
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Who does Miami have as OC this year? That makes all the difference.

Charles faces a brutal schedule this year. 12-16 it's Pitt / Chi / Jets / Pack / Raiders. Ouch.

I won't say I'd rather have DWill / JStew than Charles, but I definitely would consider shopping for someone else if you can.

Splat
08-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Just started a 10 team league on Yahoo if anyone is interested playing let me know.

DiG
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
will bradshaw get close to last years numbers now that we know he re-signed in NY? his adp right now seems pretty good at 4.03 for a 10 team league.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 04:04 PM
how concerned should i be about gates being on the PUP list? i got offered a trade involving him for maclin+a pick. is the trade worth doing? same league i described earlier

gpngc
08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Maclin is more valuable. Stop trying to trade Maclin.

Shane P. Hallam
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, Maclin is ill too, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Maclin is more valuable. Stop trying to trade Maclin.

I didn't offer Maclin, but that's who he wants. I don't see how Maclin is more valuable when Gates put up only 20 less points in 6 less games last season.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Have you guys heard about anyone who's been doing well so far in camp right now?

That's how Mike Williams started last year and he was great.

gpngc
08-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I didn't offer Maclin, but that's who he wants. I don't see how Maclin is more valuable when Gates put up only 20 less points in 6 less games last season.

Gates will eventually slow down. It's inevitable. and as you mentioned, he's an injury risk coming off a season in which he missed time. Maclin, on the other hand, plays a very pass-friendly schedule and still has upside.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Gates will eventually slow down. It's inevitable. and as you mentioned, he's an injury risk coming off a season in which he missed time. Maclin, on the other hand, plays a very pass-friendly schedule and still has upside.

how is it inevitable? the guy hasn't slowed down since he broke out and never missed more than one game in a season until last year. i love gates and i want him badly, but don't think i'm going to give maclin away. i'm actually pretty torn.

gpngc
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Because it is scientifically proven that players break down as they age, which adversely affects performance. One sign of this phenomenon is injuries, and Gates missed 6 games last year.

The concern here is that this kind of injury can't truly be fixed -- Gates didn't have surgery this offseason -- it can only be maintained.

One of these years Gates will be drafted much higher than he should because his production will decline because of age. This is a fact. It may not be this year but there's a chance it will.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Because it is scientifically proven that players break down as they age, which adversely affects performance. One sign of this phenomenon is injuries, and Gates missed 6 games last year.

One of these years Gates will be drafted much higher than he should because his production will decline because of age. This is a fact. It may not be this year but there's a chance it will.

i ended up declining the offer. the more i think about it, the more i think maclin is going to overtake jackson in production. plus maclin is just 23 and already has a 10 td season under his belt.

right now my keepers are:
freeman
schaub
maclin
harvin
winslow/deangelo williams/jon stewart

it's a 16 team league, ppr, and points for return yardage. also there is a qb spot and an op spot, where you can play any offensive player (hence my keeping 2 qbs).

FlyingElvis
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
will bradshaw get close to last years numbers now that we know he re-signed in NY? his adp right now seems pretty good at 4.03 for a 10 team league.
He should produce near last years level. That offense is getting better each year and Bradshaw is a great fit for it.

That ADP will probably take a big jump now that he's signed. The lockout made ADP a useless figure, I think. I'm curious to see how/if sites will adjust for that since I expect DWill / Bradshaw / Kolb and some others to skyrocket now that their respective situations are clear.

how concerned should i be about gates being on the PUP list? i got offered a trade involving him for maclin+a pick. is the trade worth doing? same league i described earlier
PUP list doesn't concern me as much as the change in situation. Gates numbers were inflated with the lack of solid run support early in the year and the lack of VJax to cut into his numbers. I'd rather have Maclin, and would keep DWill if your last line was a choice between Winslow / DWill / JStew. Winslow is just a guy and the resigning of DWill speaks volumes about JStew.

Have you guys heard about anyone who's been doing well so far in camp right now?

That's how Mike Williams started last year and he was great.

Not yet. The news is dominated by the FA frenzy right now. Though the lack of conditioning of Ryan Matthews is enough for me to call Tolbert a stud sleeper at this point. Let some other chump take Matthews in round 3 and then snag Tolbert in 11 for much better numbers.

sbh15
08-03-2011, 11:19 AM
PUP list doesn't concern me as much as the change in situation. Gates numbers were inflated with the lack of solid run support early in the year and the lack of VJax to cut into his numbers. I'd rather have Maclin, and would keep DWill if your last line was a choice between Winslow / DWill / JStew. Winslow is just a guy and the resigning of DWill speaks volumes about JStew.

yeah, i pretty much agree with that. ended up holding on to maclin. i also felt like keeping one of stewart or williams is stupid without the other, so i offered them to a guy who's best keeper is david garrard (lol) for the 1st overall pick in the keeper draft... he accepted. i'm keeping winslow now, but i'm fine with that. i think he's poised for a huge year if he stays healthy and i like having one of freeman's top targets. i have picks 1 and 4 in the first round, both of which i can use to get a rb.

FlyingElvis
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
You trade rapin' bastard, you!

lol. Good move. DWill / JStew are such a headache to own. Personally, I like DWill to be solid this year, but that combo for a 1st round pick is an easy choice.

RufusMcDaniel
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Alright, I really love this draft, am I crazy?

10 teams

QB: Brees
RB: AP, Forte, Bradshaw, Addai
WR: V. Jackson, Collie, Chad Johnson, Jordy, Breaston
TE: Marcedes, Jimmy Graham
DEF: Chargers, Saints
K: Henery

Gay Ork Wang
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Im not too crazy about your WRs

Splat
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Just started a 10 team league on Yahoo if anyone is interested playing let me know.

Still need some people to join.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID# 307567

League Name: DCD

Password: draftcountdown

Draft time Sat Sep 3 6:00pm CDT.

DoughBoy
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I ******* hate getting the first pick in the draft. always prefered somewhere in the 4- 8 range.

Splat
08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Still need 1 more player in my 10 team league if anyone is interested link under sig.

SuperMcGee
08-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Took the plunge with Romo as my QB in my keeper league. Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, and Vick were all kept and Manning was out of price range, so I'm feeling okay with it. He didn't cost too much and I'll have money to hopefully nab 2 of Fitz, Wayne, Bowe, Colston, and Marshall to round out my WR core with Roddy White. Could also try to grab Finley for around what I got him last year. Could be a good year, but I need Charles to get in the endzone.

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Still need 1 more player in my 10 team league if anyone is interested link under sig.

I filled the last spot since i only had 1 Money Team on Yahoo and it will be easy to keep track of 2 teams.

Splat
08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I filled the last spot since i only had 1 Money Team on Yahoo and it will be easy to keep track of 2 teams.

K, thanks.

The_Dude
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Ok, i am 3 picks away from my pick at 2.01 in my dynasty rookies draft.

I traded up for leshoure about 3 hours before he blew out his achilles.... boo!

Here is who is still available at this point:

Helu
Baldwin
Cobb
Hankerson
Rodgers
Young
All Qbs except Newton
Vincent Brown
and others......

My roster:

Brady
Cutler

Greene
S Jackson
Charles
M Bush
F Jackson
Leshoure
B Jackson

Garcon
James Jones
Lafell
Maclin
A Roberts
Sims-Walker
D Thomas
Wayne

Alright, where should i go? This pick is mostly for depth/future help.

I'm thinking Cobb or a qb (i'm a vikes fan, so i may be a sucker for Ponder)

+ rep for all good suggestions

thanks

FlyingElvis
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Probably already done, but I'd say Cobb, too.

Your WRs are thin and he's the solid play with so many QBs still on the board. Driver has one foot in the grave, Jones is gone and Jordy is good but not great.

Shane P. Hallam
08-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Probably already done, but I'd say Cobb, too.

Your WRs are thin and he's the solid play with so many QBs still on the board. Driver has one foot in the grave, Jones is gone and Jordy is good but not great.

Jones is still on the team, he was resigned.

The_Dude
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
i was thinking the same things about jones.

i still have about 12 hour to make the pick.

Any other suggestions?

FlyingElvis
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Damn . . . gotta shake the rust off . . .

lol

Still, I'd take Cobb. I love me some Hankerson, too. But Green Bay has the known commodity with a young stud QB. Plus, even with Jones signed ;) Jordy is in the final year of his contract.

That roster really needs WRs added.

sbh15
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
looking at your roster, i'd probably pick a receiver. i think hankerson would be the best of those options because the skins receiving corps is just awful. the problem is, their qb is, too. i don't trust cobb to really do much for quite a while because green bay just has so many targets as it is. if you want to take a sleeper, from what i gather, denarius moore has been tearing up raiders camp.

The_Dude
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM
yea, the wrs are a little thin, but we have a flex position that can be wr, te, or rb. So i start 3 rbs pretty much every week. This is how i won it all last year.

niel89
08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay, I'm looking for a little advice on who to keep for next year. I can keep any 4 players. QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, & TE format. Options are:

Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
Frank Gore (SF - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
Roddy White (Atl - WR)
Mike Williams (TB - WR)
Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

Rules for my league:
Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -1

Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6

Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

CJSchneider
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
All 3 Tampa Bay players and then Gore.

derza222
08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
General suggestions for auction drafts? I'm going to be participating in my first this week - live draft so it should be fun. This one's also got the fun wrinkle of starting 2 QB's and a flex so it'll definitely be interesting.

J-Mike88
08-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm looking for a keeper QB after all the other ones are already kept.
-Rodgers
-Brady
-Brees
-Rivers
-Peyton
-Vick

The next wave is between:
-Romo
-Ryan
-Schuab
-Ben
-Freeman

I think the offense and weapons around Matt Ryan are phenomenal. He could blossom into a stat machine if their play-calling goes that way.
Schuab has AJ, but AJ never scores more than 8 TDs himself.

I like Freeman a lot and he put up nice numbers last year and he should get better. I just don't know if he and that offense will ever put up consistent big time points for QBs like Rodgers, Brees have.

I think Romo could be great as well with Austin and Dez Bryant, plus a good TE. I got Rodgers for him straight up in early 2008, and then last year, traded Rodgers back for Romo + MJD. Of course, Romo then went down right away and MJD struggled too with injuries.

I don't like Ben, but they seem to throw more than ever now.
Who should I take?

FlyingElvis
08-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Okay, I'm looking for a little advice on who to keep for next year. I can keep any 4 players. QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, & TE format. Options are:

Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
Frank Gore (SF - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
Roddy White (Atl - WR)
Mike Williams (TB - WR)
Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

Rules for my league:
Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -1

Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6

Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Tough choice between Gore / Blount / Williams at RB as they all have their issues. I went with Blount b/c I like what the Buccs are doing.

Freeman b/c of the same, plus the combo of the two should net you every TD the Buccs score and your league is clearly TD heavy.

Roddy / Jennings b/c they score well.

Ultimately, I think you have pretty similar values in your RBs & WRs (minus the one w/the strikethrough) so any combination of QB / RB / WR / WR frees you up in the draft to take the player you like best. Whereas, keeping 2 RBs makes it a little tougher to take the RB you really like early. I really like Keller this year as woefully undervalued, but that low value makes him a waste of a keeper spot.

General suggestions for auction drafts? I'm going to be participating in my first this week - live draft so it should be fun. This one's also got the fun wrinkle of starting 2 QB's and a flex so it'll definitely be interesting.
Not really. Joined my first auction league this year, too. I'm going to try to stay away from the crazy bids that push guys like AP / Foster into the $70 range.

I'm looking for a keeper QB after all the other ones are already kept.
-Rodgers
-Brady
-Brees
-Rivers
-Peyton
-Vick

The next wave is between:
-Romo
-Ryan
-Schuab
-Ben
-Freeman

I think the offense and weapons around Matt Ryan are phenomenal. He could blossom into a stat machine if their play-calling goes that way.
Schuab has AJ, but AJ never scores more than 8 TDs himself.

I like Freeman a lot and he put up nice numbers last year and he should get better. I just don't know if he and that offense will ever put up consistent big time points for QBs like Rodgers, Brees have.

I think Romo could be great as well with Austin and Dez Bryant, plus a good TE. I got Rodgers for him straight up in early 2008, and then last year, traded Rodgers back for Romo + MJD. Of course, Romo then went down right away and MJD struggled too with injuries.

I don't like Ben, but they seem to throw more than ever now.
Who should I take?
Ben is the most underrated QB heading into the season. He had the 6th best YPG but his missed games bumped him down the ranks. He's also good for 100 yards and a pair of TDs rushing each year. If it's a long term keeper setup I'd probably target Ryan & Freeman. If you can only keep guys for a few years then I'd go shoot for Schaub & Ben.

sbh15
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
what do you guys think of brandon lloyd's chances to repeat last season? i don't think he'll be quite as good, but he and orton have a good connection and he's the clear number one for denver. i'm working on a trade for him now because he'd take kellen winslow's spot as a keeper for me. plus i have maclin who is a big question mark right now. i give up a 2nd and 6th rounder and get lloyd and a 9th. i have two of the top 5 picks, so i'm not worried about giving up the 2nd at all.

Rob S
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
So, I'm playing this league where QB TD are 6 pts and it only 20 yards for a pt......how does this change the value of the elite QB? Do they get a bump or does it all even out as the non elites will also put up better numbers?

sbh15
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
So, I'm playing this league where QB TD are 6 pts and it only 20 yards for a pt......how does this change the value of the elite QB? Do they get a bump or does it all even out as the non elites will also put up better numbers?

the dropoff between an elite qb to a middle one and a elite rb or wr to middle one is going to be the same points/game. i'd still make sure you get one of the best qbs, but let other guys take rodgers, manning, brady, etc. before elite rbs. the difference between vick and freeman last year was about 2-3 ppg. there are only about 15 good fantasy rbs.

also, with maclin's illness leaving his status in the air, i made a deal for brandon lloyd in my keeper league. a couple hours before my deal, one guy gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder in the keeper draft and bernard pollard (#2 idp safety) for jermichael finley alone. i gave up a 2nd and 4th for brandon lloyd and a 6th, so i feel pretty good about the deal. i still plan on keeping maclin, but lloyd gives me another good wr option in the event maclin experiences more delays.

J-Mike88
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
If any of you guys create any new leagues for fun or $ or whatever, try the 2-QB rule once.
It actually resembles real football in that it makes the QB the most important position, not RB.

Real life, RB's aren't that important to winning.
Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, etc.
No sniffs of Super Bowl rings for any of em. Even LaDanian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes, fantasy legends, didn't lead their teams to any Super Bowl games.

NE and the Packers don't even care who they have back there really.

But name the top 5 QBs in the league, and they all have rings.
6 if you count Roethlisberger.

How ever many points are awarded for yards, carries, catches, etc... that doesn't matter to me, but having the 2-QBs making QBs a bit more important than RB & WR is crucial. I hate being in leagues with 1 QB & 2 or 3 RBs.

Rob S
08-12-2011, 08:05 PM
the dropoff between an elite qb to a middle one and a elite rb or wr to middle one is going to be the same points/game. i'd still make sure you get one of the best qbs, but let other guys take rodgers, manning, brady, etc. before elite rbs. the difference between vick and freeman last year was about 2-3 ppg. there are only about 15 good fantasy rbs.

also, with maclin's illness leaving his status in the air, i made a deal for brandon lloyd in my keeper league. a couple hours before my deal, one guy gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder in the keeper draft and bernard pollard (#2 idp safety) for jermichael finley alone. i gave up a 2nd and 4th for brandon lloyd and a 6th, so i feel pretty good about the deal. i still plan on keeping maclin, but lloyd gives me another good wr option in the event maclin experiences more delays.

Thats what I figured. I am still making sure I get one of the top 6, but I'm not reaching for an elite guy early.

fenikz
08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
yay ESPN 8 team mocks

P. Manning
M. Stafford
-
A. Peterson
M. Forte
J. Best
M. Ingram
J. Addai
C. Spiller
-
C.Johnson
H.Nicks
W. Welker
B. Marshall
A. Collie
S. Rice
-
J. Graham
-
NE D/ST
-
S. Gostkowski

derza222
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
If any of you guys create any new leagues for fun or $ or whatever, try the 2-QB rule once.
It actually resembles real football in that it makes the QB the most important position, not RB.

Real life, RB's aren't that important to winning.
Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, etc.
No sniffs of Super Bowl rings for any of em. Even LaDanian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes, fantasy legends, didn't lead their teams to any Super Bowl games.

NE and the Packers don't even care who they have back there really.

But name the top 5 QBs in the league, and they all have rings.
6 if you count Roethlisberger.

How ever many points are awarded for yards, carries, catches, etc... that doesn't matter to me, but having the 2-QBs making QBs a bit more important than RB & WR is crucial. I hate being in leagues with 1 QB & 2 or 3 RBs.

Played in my first 2-QB league last year and it was awesome, I'd definitely recommend trying it. Pushes up the value of quarterbacks a bunch like you said. The fact that I got that and took Brady and Brees with my first two picks definitely helped (and the experience was better given I finished in the money for the regular season and the playoffs, so I'm a little biased), but I'd definitely recommend trying it at some point.

J-Mike88
08-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Played in my first 2-QB league last year and it was awesome, I'd definitely recommend trying it. Pushes up the value of quarterbacks a bunch like you said. The fact that I got that and took Brady and Brees with my first two picks definitely helped (and the experience was better given I finished in the money for the regular season and the playoffs, so I'm a little biased), but I'd definitely recommend trying it at some point.
Wow, awesome!

I had Rodgers and Peyton Manning since Oct of 2008 and it always put me in the money.... I need to get another great QB2..... Romo seems to be the consensus highest QB available, per all the cheat sheets I have studied. Many of them have him above 1 or 2 of the big 6.

TimD
08-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I have my draft (8 team league) tonight. I have the first overall pick and Im very torn on who to take.

Rob S
08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I have my draft (8 team league) tonight. I have the first overall pick and Im very torn on who to take.

I take Adrian Peterson, no question.

thenewfeature06
08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Auction draft tonight.. almost done here..kinda anxious first one..

Brady
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones - WR/RB
Desean Jackson

Mcnabb and J Stew so far

TimD
08-14-2011, 11:06 PM
10 team league

QB-
Tony Romo
Matt Schaub

WR-
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Lloyd
Brandon Marshall
Jordyzzzzz Nelson
Robert Meachem
Devin Hester

RB-
Arian Foster
LeGarrette Blount
Cedric Benson
Brandon Jacobs
Montario Hardesty

TE-
Jermichael Finley
Jerome Gresham

K-
Matt Bryant

D-
New England

no jets :(

I take Adrian Peterson, no question.

i have no faith in their o line

phlysac
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I just want to thank the 20-team PPR IDP League that didn't happen. I requested off work and everything. The least that could've been done was letting me know it wasn't going to happen. Had to find out by realizing the thread had been locked.

Appreciate it.

tjsunstein
08-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Drafted my big league tonight. Drew first overall.

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton

RB:
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
DeAngelo Williams
Daniel Thomas
James Starks
Toby Gerhart

WR:
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Donald Driver

TE:
Brandon Pettrigrew
Jimmy Graham

K:
Gostkowski

D/ST:
Baltimore

10 team league, I'm forgetting a player on my roster as well.

niel89
08-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Okay I need some more help for my keeper league again. From my earlier team I'm gonna keep Roddy White, Jennings, M. Williams (TB), and Blount. I have the 3rd pick so I figure I can pick up one of my RB I drop.

Pick 4 of the following. I'm leaning to keep CJ, D Jax, Best, but not sure who the 4th should be.

Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
Ben Obomanu (Sea - WR)
Randy Moss (Ten - WR)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
Brian Westbrook (SF - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)
Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

sbh15
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
calvin johnson, desean jackson, jahvid best, chris cooley.

there won't be too big of a drop-off from cutler to another qb you draft, and cooley is your best best after the first three, imo. i don't like best a whole lot, but he's a better option than your other rb's. if you don't go cooley, i guess you could go with lt. he won't have quite the year he did last season, but it should be solid

Matthew Jones
08-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Anyone have an extra spot in their league? Not looking for a keeper league, just a one-year deal. PPR or not is fine. Would prefer Yahoo but at this point I'm down for pretty much anything.

FlyingElvis
08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
A bit late to the party on these two, but here goes:

what do you guys think of brandon lloyd's chances to repeat last season? i don't think he'll be quite as good, but he and orton have a good connection and he's the clear number one for denver. i'm working on a trade for him now because he'd take kellen winslow's spot as a keeper for me. plus i have maclin who is a big question mark right now. i give up a 2nd and 6th rounder and get lloyd and a 9th. i have two of the top 5 picks, so i'm not worried about giving up the 2nd at all.

No chance he repeats. John Fox offense . . . Lloyd is no Steve Smith. I wouldn't do that trade. Even with keepers Lloyd is not worth a 2nd round pick, let alone a 2 + 6.

All QBs will be better, but this format does bump the value of all QBs. Taking Brees / Rivers instead of that WR2 or RB2 sometimes makes sense. Knowing you'll get ~25+ points each week from a top QB is more valuable than a low end WR2 that is a risky start that could only score 3 points.

FlyingElvis
08-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Okay I need some more help for my keeper league again. From my earlier team I'm gonna keep Roddy White, Jennings, M. Williams (TB), and Blount. I have the 3rd pick so I figure I can pick up one of my RB I drop.

Pick 4 of the following. I'm leaning to keep CJ, D Jax, Best, but not sure who the 4th should be.

Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
Ben Obomanu (Sea - WR)
Randy Moss (Ten - WR)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
Brian Westbrook (SF - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)
Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

The 3 you listed are definite keepers. I'd keep Cutler, too. He's the only guy there that has proven he can be a stud. It totally depends on the format, though. In general, don't force an extra keeper. If you only roll with 3 that's fine. Any guesses as to how many QBs vs. TEs will be kept? If there's lots of QBs being held then Cutler is a smart move.

sbh15
08-16-2011, 02:42 PM
did a 12 team mock draft last night... wish it was a real league

qb: joe flacco (7) / jay cutler (9)
rb: ray rice (1) / tim hightower (11)
rb: matt forte (2) / stevan ridley (13)
rb/wr: peyton hillis (3)
wr: marques colston (4) / lee evans (8)
wr: percy harvin (5) / steve breaston (14)
te: vernon davis (6) / rob gronkowski (10) / jared cook (12)
d/st: giants (15)
k: matt bryant (16)

a little thin at wr, but i feel like i did awesome at rb and have 2 breakout candidates at te

bearfan
08-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Just did a 12 team mock draft, picked 9th. Yahoo, so 2rb/3wr:

QB: Josh Freeman (8)
RB: LeGarrette Blount (3)/ Knowshon Moreno (6) / Mike Tolbert (10)
RB: Ryan Matthews (5) / Jonathan Stewart (7) / Danny Woodhead (13)
WR: Andre Johnson (1) / Michael Crabtree (9)
WR: Larry Fitz (2)
WR: Dwayne Bowe (4) / Devin Hester (14)
TE: Brandon Pettigrew (12)
DEF: San Diego (11)
K: Folk (15)

Jakey
08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Can anyone advise me on which website is best for fantasy??

The last 3 years i've played on NFL.com, but by midseason there is only like 3 people still contributing.

Any advice?

Money leagues arent out of the question either :D

Hines
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Had a fantasy draft last night. PPR, 12 teams, and I picked first

QB: Rivers/Cutler
RB: AP/Bradshaw/Lynch/Hightower/Delone Carter
WR: Jennings/Rice/Mike Thomas/Greg Little/James Jones
TE: Clark/Gronk
DEF: Jets
K: Henery

Rob S
08-17-2011, 09:25 AM

The last 3 years i've played on NFL.com, but by midseason there is only like 3 people still contributing.

Any advice?

EPSN and Yahoo! are both fine. I prefer Yahoo!, but thats because I am used to it. I would actually say go for ESPN as I love their 2 week playoff format. I actually wanted to switch this year, but the other participants in my league wanted to stay with Yahoo!.

Rob S
08-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Thoughts on my team? It was a 12 team auction and I went pretty freaking top heavy, but if I avoid injuries I should be looking very good. My one concern is my flex as I have, well, nobody really. I figure I have some good sleepers, so an injury could set me up nicely or I have to be extra astutue on the waiver wire.

In parentheses are the number I need to start of each position:

QB(1): Tony Romo

WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, Danario Alexander, Arrelious Benn, Steve Breaston

RB(2): Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Roy Helu, Delone Carter, Pierre Thomas, Anthony Dixon, Toby Gerhart

TE(1): Rob Gronkowski, Jared Cook

FLEX(1): choose 1 RB/WR/TE

K: Josh Brown

DEF: Kansas City

General thought and opinions on my week 1 flex option are appreciated. I actually may roll with Cook as of now. Of course a lot can change between now and week one, but it's fun to speculate.

Splat
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Any advice?

Yahoo is easily my favorite.

FlyingElvis
08-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Any advice?

The site is irrelevant. Free leagues with strangers are pretty much a lock to end up with bye week starters and unmanaged teams.

CBS is still my favorite but it's way too expensive given the many solid sites offering leagues at half the price of CBSSports. myfantasyleague.com & rtsports.com are generally cited as good sites on fantasy boards.

I can't stand espn. Every portion of the site pisses me off with bulky content that is jammed down my throat unnecessarily. Yahoo is pretty meh, but the best free site.

FlyingElvis
08-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Thoughts on my team? It was a 12 team auction and I went pretty freaking top heavy, but if I avoid injuries I should be looking very good. My one concern is my flex as I have, well, nobody really. I figure I have some good sleepers, so an injury could set me up nicely or I have to be extra astutue on the waiver wire.

In parentheses are the number I need to start of each position:

QB(1): Tony Romo

WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, Danario Alexander, Arrelious Benn, Steve Breaston

RB(2): Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Roy Helu, Delone Carter, Pierre Thomas, Anthony Dixon, Toby Gerhart

TE(1): Rob Gronkowski, Jared Cook

FLEX(1): choose 1 RB/WR/TE

DEF: Kansas City

General thought and opinions on my week 1 flex option are appreciated. I actually may roll with Cook as of now. Of course a lot can change between now and week one, but it's fun to speculate.

Yeah, that's definitely top-heavy. I had the same initial reaction, start both TEs. Cook looks beastly and Scaife is out of the way. You need wwaaaaayyyy too much help for any of those other guys to have value. Benn is the only guy I like to be a decent option of that group.

Awesome starting lineup, though. lol

Jakey
08-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the imput guys!

And on that note, has anyone got a league with spaces? Id much rather join a league with you guys, that i know will be a challenge and have good participation. Let me know :)

sbh15
08-17-2011, 12:20 PM
i want to start a 12-16 team keeper/dynasty league of some type. maybe an auction draft. anyone interested?

Jakey
08-17-2011, 12:24 PM
i want to start a 12-16 team keeper/dynasty league of some type. maybe an auction draft. anyone interested?

Yeah im definately interested...i dont have the first clue about auction drafts though!

sbh15
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah im definately interested...i dont have the first clue about auction drafts though!

i don't really either, just thought it could be interesting. probably we'll just go with a snake draft.

Jakey
08-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Where are you planning on hosting it?

sbh15
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
i like espn personally, but i know some people have a vendetta against it, so i'd be down for any website

Jakey
08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Cool cool, im impartial, i put up with NFL.com for 3 years so im game for anything.

Put my name down for a spot, hopefully you get some more participants.

sbh15
08-17-2011, 01:26 PM
did another 12-team mock draft, had pick 8... got an interesting team

qb: matt cassel (8) / donovan mcnabb (11)
rb: maurice jones-drew (1) / rashad jennings (14)
rb: knowshon moreno (3) / willis mcgahee (9)
rb/wr: ryan matthews (5) / c.j. spiller (7)
wr: larry fitzgerald (2) / brandon marshall (6)
wr: mike williams (4) / mike sims-walker (13)
te: jimmy graham (11) / rob gronkowski (12)
d/st: giants (15)
k: sebastian janikowski (16)

FlyingElvis
08-17-2011, 01:42 PM
MJD is downright frightening at 8.

Honestly, 1 / 3 / 5 has got to be the most insane combination of RBs you could grab. lol

All 3 scare the crap out of me at this point, though I definitely like the upside value of Mathews in round 5. I don't think I could grab him without securing Tolbert, tbh.

Love the WRs & TEs.

sbh15
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
yeah, i made sure to get jennings to handcuff drew and mcgahee for moreno, but i still ended up with 3 of the riskiest rb's for fantasy by draft position. by the time i thought i should grab tolbert it was too late. i was really happy with graham/gronkowski in back to back rounds, i think they're both top 5-10 tight ends this season.

FlyingElvis
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
yeah, i made sure to get jennings to handcuff drew and mcgahee for moreno, but i still ended up with 3 of the riskiest rb's for fantasy by draft position. by the time i thought i should grab tolbert it was too late. i was really happy with graham/gronkowski in back to back rounds, i think they're both top 5-10 tight ends this season.

True. 2 out of 3 handcuffed is damn good, actually. I didn't really look at it that way. I was just so overwhelmed by the scary! lol

Crazy_Chris
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Anyone have an extra spot in their league? Not looking for a keeper league, just a one-year deal. PPR or not is fine. Would prefer Yahoo but at this point I'm down for pretty much anything.

Thanks for the imput guys!

And on that note, has anyone got a league with spaces? Id much rather join a league with you guys, that i know will be a challenge and have good participation. Let me know :)

I have a Yahoo! league if you are interested, It's a casual league just for some fun.

League name: Double the Fun
10 team league, live draft Saturday August 27th at 2:30 pm EST
Roster: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 Def, 2 K, 1 IR, 11 Bench spots

Link to rest of the League settings:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/313741/settings

Link to join:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

League ID: 313741
Password: 123456

All are welcome to join, but please be active through out the season :)

gpngc
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
There is also 0 reason to draft Matt Cassel in the 8th round in any league.

A Perfect Score
08-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Need some advice...In my money league, my keepers are Matt Stafford, Ray Rice, Mike Turner and Desean Jackson. Ive got the third overall pick in the redraft, do I take Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford?

Hurricanes25
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Need some advice...In my money league, my keepers are Matt Stafford, Ray Rice, Mike Turner and Desean Jackson. Ive got the third overall pick in the redraft, do I take Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford?

Personally, I would go Freeman over Bradford.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I need to keep 3 out of the following 4 players. Who would you guys go with? Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Hakeem Nicks, Philip Rivers

A Perfect Score
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Rice, Nicks and Rivers for me.

Splat
08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Had someone back out looking for one team.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID# 307567

League Name: DCD

Password: draftcountdown

Draft time Sat Sep 3 6:00pm CDT.

killxswitch
08-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm picking 6th in a 16 team league. Here are my top 6 as of right now.

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

I really can't figure out who to put at the 6th. McFadden? McCoy? Turner? After the top 5 should I be looking at a #1 WR or even one of the top QBs?

TheBoyWonder22
08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Just finished a draft where I got CJ and AD. Just traded CJ for Arian Foster (he's a Titan's fan)

sbh15
08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
if anyone is looking for a pay + keeper league and haven't seen it yet, http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48389

also, @killxswitch, i'd rank them
adrian peterson
chris johnson
arian foster
lesean mccoy
ray rice
jamaal charles

mcfadden and turner are too risky of bets when you're guaranteed one of the above

FlyingElvis
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I like Freeman over Bradford. Why QB, though? Starting 2; no faith in Stafford; something else?

I need to keep 3 out of the following 4 players. Who would you guys go with? Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Hakeem Nicks, Philip Rivers
Tough one. Format makes all the difference for this one - scoring, starting lineup, # of teams, other potential keepers? I'd always lean toward keeping the RBs & WRs since there will always be 10-12 reliable QBs to start.

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

I really can't figure out who to put at the 6th. McFadden? McCoy? Turner? After the top 5 should I be looking at a #1 WR or even one of the top QBs?
16 team redraft, I'd be sticking with the RBs early in round 1.
AP / Foster / CJ* / Rice / McCoy / Charles then Mendy & Turner in the order you like best.

Shane P. Hallam
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

That's about the time to look at WRs IMO, 7th. McCoy def. in there IF it is a PPR league (scoring helps!)

killxswitch
08-18-2011, 12:18 PM
That's about the time to look at WRs IMO, 7th. McCoy def. in there IF it is a PPR league (scoring helps!)

It is PPR and passing TDs are worth 6. Given that I won't pick again in that draft for another 21 picks I wonder if I should get a QB like Vick or Rogers or even (barf) Brady that can carry my team week-to-week.

FlyingElvis
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
It is PPR and passing TDs are worth 6. Given that I won't pick again in that draft for another 21 picks I wonder if I should get a QB like Vick or Rogers or even (barf) Brady that can carry my team week-to-week.

Never take a rd. 1 QB in ppr formats, even with 6pt TDs.

In PPR, I'm with Bond. Pick 7 is WR time. DMC just isn't reliable enough & Mendy/Turner both take a significant hit in PPR.

Shane P. Hallam
08-18-2011, 12:40 PM

No, no, no. QB is very deep this year. Keep your list.

killxswitch
08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
I am picking 6th, not 7th, sorry if that wasn't clear.

So you guys think that with a top 6 of AP/JCharles/Foster/CJ2K/Rice/McCoy I should get a guy worthy of the #6 overall pick? I am a little leary of Rice and McCoy, will their receptions stay high?

FlyingElvis
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I am picking 6th, not 7th, sorry if that wasn't clear.

So you guys think that with a top 6 of AP/JCharles/Foster/CJ2K/Rice/McCoy I should get a guy worthy of the #6 overall pick? I am a little leary of Rice and McCoy, will their receptions stay high?
It was clear.

Rice is a ppr machine. The only thing stopping him would be injury.

McCoy is too good to pass up for a WR, especially given the potential scoring threat the Eagles offense will be on every possession.

PPR with 16 teams - there's no way I'd put anyone above those 6 RBs.

Brothgar
08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Is there a reason people are loving LeSean McCoy this year?

Splat
08-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Is there a reason people are loving LeSean McCoy this year?

He is in the perfect situation to have a break out year.

FlyingElvis
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
He should have another 1500 yard (combined) / 60+ reception / 10 TD year.

He has improved each year and looks like an elite back to me. I'd be more than happy to sit at 6 /7 / 8 and watch others let him fall to me, while having a good shot at an elite WR in the second.

Hines
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I just got offered this trade. I get Danny Amendola and they get Marshawn Lynch. It's a PPR league. My other WRs are Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones. My RBs are AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Delone Carter. Should I do it? I'm leaning towards no because I'm not sure where Amendola is going to fit in the offense with the WRs St Louis brought in.

killxswitch
08-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I just got offered this trade. I get Danny Amendola and they get Marshawn Lynch. It's a PPR league. My other WRs are Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones. My RBs are AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Delone Carter. Should I do it? I'm leaning towards no because I'm not sure where Amendola is going to fit in the offense with the WRs St Louis brought in.

Amendola was a PPR fiend last year but like you said I'm not sure he will get the same looks this year. However I'd say you are better set up at RB than you are at WR so that is something to keep in mind.

Brothgar
08-19-2011, 12:41 PM

I'd lean towards no. For a few reasons. 1. Lynch is going to be the #1 back and will see at least 60-70% of the Snaps. With Mike Sims-Walker going to St. Louis Amendola will lose catches plus Bradford has a real TE now as well so I expect Danny Amendola to get dwindling returns the upcoming season. Besides Your WRs are good better than your RBs. Mike Thomas is going to see more looks on the Jags Greg Little is going to do well in Cleveland lets not forget Greg Jennings who is studly.

killxswitch
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd lean towards no. For a few reasons. 1. Lynch is going to be the #1 back and will see at least 60-70% of the Snaps. With Mike Sims-Walker going to St. Louis Amendola will lose catches plus Bradford has a real TE now as well so I expect Danny Amendola to get dwindling returns the upcoming season. Besides Your WRs are good better than your RBs. Mike Thomas is going to see more looks on the Jags Greg Little is going to do well in Cleveland lets not forget Greg Jennings who is studly.

AP and Bradshaw are 2 #1 RBs. Jennings is the only #1 WR on his roster. I agree he should probably keep Beast but I don't agree that his WRs are that strong.

Hurricanes25
08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
I like Freeman over Bradford. Why QB, though? Starting 2; no faith in Stafford; something else?

Stafford isn't exactly reliable. I think it's a damn good idea to have Freeman or Bradford on the bench just in case.

FlyingElvis
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Stafford isn't exactly reliable. I think it's a damn good idea to have Freeman or Bradford on the bench just in case.

Understandable, but I feel like the 3rd overall pick is not the place to select Freeman b/c of Stafford's health concerns. Stafford / Freeman are pretty close in ADP as the final starters coming off the board (QB10 - QB14, depending on the site you cite) and we're discussing using the 3rd overall pick on him. Madness. Even in a 14 team league (not sure how many in APS's league) with 4 keepers per team (presumably) that means there are at least 10 QBs being held, therefore less demand for the last few. There's just no way I can fathom Freeman being the best pick available.

Hurricanes25
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Understandable, but I feel like the 3rd overall pick is not the place to select Freeman b/c of Stafford's health concerns. Stafford / Freeman are pretty close in ADP as the final starters coming off the board (QB10 - QB14, depending on the site you cite) and we're discussing using the 3rd overall pick on him. Madness. Even in a 14 team league (not sure how many in APS's league) with 4 keepers per team (presumably) that means there are at least 10 QBs being held, therefore less demand for the last few. There's just no way I can fathom Freeman being the best pick available.

Well yeah, I don't know the whole situation, but that is the logical reason I came up with. I probably would not go QB there either.

FlyingElvis
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
I hear ya. I love Freeman this year, and plan to keep him in 2 leagues (assuming P-L is alive and his keeper league plays again this year. P-L, are you out there?)

Just trying to dig a little deeper. That seemed like a strange choice at 1.3 in any format.

gpngc
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Hines do that. Lynch might score 6 TDs. And you won't be starting him for any because you'll be frustrated he'll never get yards so you won't start him. Also, Amendola could end up as your second WR on that squad (Rice, Thomas are question marks, James Jones will be inconsistent and Greg Little isn't going to crack 40 catches - he's the #5 WR there right now).

Brothgar
08-19-2011, 02:29 PM
AP and Bradshaw are 2 #1 RBs. Jennings is the only #1 WR on his roster. I agree he should probably keep Beast but I don't agree that his WRs are that strong.

Isn't Mike Thomas going to be the #1 now? I'd imagine Rice will be the #1 WR in Seattle. Of course I guess it depends what you mean by #1 WR neither of those are #1 fantasy WRs .

killxswitch
08-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Isn't Mike Thomas going to be the #1 now? I'd imagine Rice will be the #1 WR in Seattle. Of course I guess it depends what you mean by #1 WR neither of those are #1 fantasy WRs .

Yeah I meant #1 fantasy WRs. AP obviously is a #1 and I think Bradshaw is to a lesser degree. Of his WRs the only sure-fire #1 is Jennings, the rest are #3's with potential or worse IMO. I'm just not convinced Amendola is better than a #3 w/potential himself.

Really that's the kind of trade I never would've initiated and I would be annoyed if someone offered it because I'd just second-guess myself either way.

gpngc
08-19-2011, 02:33 PM
They could both be pretty terrible fantasy WRs. I wouldn't touch Rice at all given his ADP and Thomas has a chance to be OK but there's a better chance he scores like 4 TDs all year. If Gabbert gets the job (likely) at any point, Thomas will be awful.

FlyingElvis
08-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd rather have Amendola than anybody wearing a Seahawks uniform this year, regardless of format, scoring, lineups or any other factor.

derza222
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Just had my first auction draft last night. Interesting league, we start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a flex, a TE, a D/ST, and a K. Ten teams, .5 PPR, everything else is pretty much standard. Let me know what you think of what I pulled together, what I bid to get the player is in parenthesis. It's also not a huge money league so I did take some gambles, but felt I got some good values.

QB: Tom Brady ($36), Tony Romo ($24)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew ($34), Michael Turner ($33), DeAngelo Williams ($20), Ryan Williams ($3), Rashad Jennings ($1)
WR: Dwayne Bowe ($22), Jeremy Maclin ($8), Anquan Boldin ($7), Marques Colston ($6), Mike Sims-Walker ($1)
TE: Marcedes Lewis ($3)
D/ST: Chicago Bears ($1)
K: Josh Brown ($1)

Obvious concern for a 2-QB league is that I have no backup QB. I was shooting for Bradford and got outbid by a guy who already had 3 decent QB's which I didn't see coming, by the time that was over the rest of the backups were crap and I liked the value at other spots better - I'm trying to pull a trade together to get a QB anyway. Also, Lewis was my last pick, would've gotten him for $1 but I had $3 left, would have bid up somebody else I liked but nobody had any money left the last few guys I took.

Me Likey Rookies
08-19-2011, 05:50 PM
3 questions for my draft next week. I pick 10th in a keeper league.

1. I can keep Ray Rice for that 10th pick. I thought about going after MoDrew instead but that injury scares me. Should I just stick with Rice and his non-td scoring ways?

2. In the 2nd, I'll be targeting Fitz, Nicks, and VJAX. What order should I have them in? Fitz is the best WR but has the worst QB...

3. I'm keeping Big Ben for an 11th round pick but I can also keep Schaub for a 5th rd pick. I hate how inconsistent Schaub is, especially early in the year. Should i go for a different 2nd qb?

Hines
08-19-2011, 06:28 PM
If you were offered DBowe for Bradshaw, would you guys do it?

Edit: It would weaken my RBs, though. I'm not too worried about my WRs, though. It's PPR and I have a few guys who will make some catches. I would like to improve them, but I don't think it's that much of a high need.

Pat Sims 90
08-19-2011, 07:15 PM
I had Bowe last year and he would make me angry. He would either have a big game or do hardly nothing at all. If i were u i would keep Bradshaw. Bowe can be very inconsisit. I dropped him last year and pick him back up a couple times.

TheBoyWonder22
08-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Should I start Mike Wallace or LG Blount as my flex week 1?

AHungryWalrus
08-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Thinking of trading away Sjaxx in a keeper league for draft picks. My RB's are loaded... But I hate trading away a feature back. But at the same time, the guy is coming off a 3.8 YPC season and has been the bell cow for 6 years now, and I'm thinking maybe I should get rid of him while he has value...

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm guessing I could get a... Santonio Holmes + Felix Jones type return on my investment.

AHungryWalrus
08-20-2011, 08:41 AM
If you were offered DBowe for Bradshaw, would you guys do it?

Edit: It would weaken my RBs, though. I'm not too worried about my WRs, though. It's PPR and I have a few guys who will make some catches. I would like to improve them, but I don't think it's that much of a high need.

Keep Bradshaw. Bowe is not going to have that same catch:TD ratio. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was more around 8 TD's this year.

Hines
08-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Keep Bradshaw. Bowe is not going to have that same catch:TD ratio. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was more around 8 TD's this year.

What if I traded Bradshaw and my first round pick next year for Roddy White?

AHungryWalrus
08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
What if I traded Bradshaw and my first round pick next year for Roddy White?

That's a little harder decision. It depends on who will be available next year at WR, because I would rather have Bradshaw + Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace next year than just Roddy White. I think Roddy will have a big year again this year, but next year might start to dip a little (Jones in his second year, Roddy will be 31, etc).

It also depends on your current RB's, whether you want to sacrifice a bit of your team next year for a better shot this year, etc.

Hines
08-20-2011, 09:15 AM
That's a little harder decision. It depends on who will be available next year at WR, because I would rather have Bradshaw + Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace next year than just Roddy White. I think Roddy will have a big year again this year, but next year might start to dip a little (Jones in his second year, Roddy will be 31, etc).

It also depends on your current RB's, whether you want to sacrifice a bit of your team next year for a better shot this year, etc.

My RBs currently are: AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Lynch, Delone Carter. My WRs are: Jennings, Sid Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones.

It's PPR, so I think I could be OK with Rice and Thomas, but I do want to improve my WRs. I could trade Rice and let's say Rob Gronk(I have Dallas Clark as my starter) for a RB if needed or let Hightower and Lynch play and go with the hot hand at that position.

Edit: Also, in my league, we have a college keeper where he's on our team next season. My keeper is Alston Jeffery.

Jakey
08-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Im really thin at RB, but pretty deep at WR ... im looking to trade a WR or two for a RB2/3. Any advice?

My WR's are;

- Roddy White
- Mike Wallace
- Santonio Holmes
- Percy Harvin
- Robert Meacham
- Mike Sims-Walker
- Jacoby Ford

sbh15
08-20-2011, 02:07 PM
i feel like holmes will fetch you the best player (outside of white) and since i think he'll be the most inconsistent of white/wallace/harvin (all #1 wr's on their teams). i would avoid trading roddy white since he's the only #1 fantasy wr you have

Hines
08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
The dude wouldn't do Roddy for Bradshaw and my first pick, but what about Fitz for my first next year and Bradshaw?

fenikz
08-20-2011, 06:53 PM
8 team, $50, non-ppr draft tonight, made this tier chart opinions?

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8976/tierk.png

Caddy
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Blount, Best or Ingram?

I have Freeman as my QB. The league is a dynasty, but you can only keep 1 RB. My current RB is MJD. Scoring is fairly standard.

Brothgar
08-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Blount, Best or Ingram?

I have Freeman as my QB. The league is a dynasty, but you can only keep 1 RB. My current RB is MJD. Scoring is fairly standard.

Depends on if you need a home run or not. If you need a home run you keep best highest ceiling of the bunch. We don't know what ingram's situation is but yeah.

Pat Sims 90
08-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Blount, Best or Ingram?

I would keep Ingram. Has been looking good in preseason and is running with 1st team quiet a bit.

Best has trouble staying healthy

I don't like QB RB combos. If team sucks that week on offense ur basically screwed.

Caddy
08-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh I wouldnt be keeping, I'd be drafting with the #1 pick. I'm leaning towards Ingram, but I'm not sure why...

fenikz
08-21-2011, 07:20 AM
QB Michael Vick
RB Jamal Charles
RB Mark Ingram
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Greg Jennings
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Owen Daniels
FLEX Jahvid Best
D/ST Patriots
K
-
QB Peyton Manning
RB Jonathan Stewart
WR Mario Manningham
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Jimmy Graham
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Mike Tolbert

8 Team non PPR how did I do?

AHungryWalrus
08-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Fenikz, that's actually dirty. Your only potential issue is Ingram/Best, but either Maclin or Manningham will easily be able to fetch you a solid running back near the trade deadline if one doesn't pan out.

AHungryWalrus
08-21-2011, 10:04 AM
The dude wouldn't do Roddy for Bradshaw and my first pick, but what about Fitz for my first next year and Bradshaw?

... That I would definitely do.

sbh15
08-21-2011, 10:55 AM
fenikz, you should start best at rb and use maclin or manningham at the flex spot, imo. at least until you know how involved ingram is going to be. your qb's and starting wr's are nasty, i love graham at te.

Jakey
08-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Im really thin at RB, but pretty deep at WR ... im looking to trade a WR or two for a RB2/3. Any advice?

My WR's are;

- Roddy White
- Mike Wallace
- Santonio Holmes
- Percy Harvin
- Robert Meacham
- Mike Sims-Walker
- Jacoby Ford

Any more takers?

The dude who is interested in a trade has LeGarrett Blount and Ryan Grant. I think Blount is the better option, but i have James Starks, so if i land Grant im guaranteed to have the packers starting RB, whichever one of them it may be.

fenikz
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Would you do Vick & Stewart for McCoy & Schaub?(guys has D. Williams too)

Rob S
08-21-2011, 10:00 PM

I would do that, I'm not that high on Vick though.

So, have my $200 league draft tomorrow and have the #3 pick. Assuming Peterson and Foster are gone, sell me on your choice at #3. Currently, I am leaning Ray Rice.

Borat
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM

So, have my $200 league draft tomorrow and have the #3 pick. Assuming Peterson and Foster are gone, sell me on your choice at #3. Currently, I am leaning Ray Rice.

I'm in the exact same situation you are and I'm taking Rice. Wanted CJ2K but not going to gamble on the third pick.

sbh15
08-21-2011, 11:38 PM

absolutely. pull the trigger and don't hesitate, imo. especially if this is the same team with peyton manning on it. there's a good chance vick isn't close to the same player we saw last season, but mccoy should be a surefire stud and it wouldn't shock me if schaub outscored vick this season. great deal for you.

considering you're on a budget, rice is definitely a good idea. i'd also consider lesean mccoy. i think both of them are just about guaranteed great seasons and will come at a cheaper price than chris johnson. the holdout also scares me quite a bit.

gpngc
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM
First team of the season. I had #1 pick and did what I wanted because I don't care about pre-draft rankings. .5 ppr

QB: Matt Schaub
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Shonn Greene
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Austin Collie
W/R: Mark Ingram
TE: Jared Cook

Bench RB: Roy Helu, Rashad Jennings, Delone Carter
Bench WR: Danny Amendola, Nate Burleson

So yes, I took Ray Rice over Peterson. And yes, I took Dez over Nicks and Jennings. I don't believe in the "r" word. I took the guys that I think will have the best stats - I don't need my team to "look" good in the preseason. My team looked like ass last year after the draft with WR1 Nicks WR2 Harvin WR3 Mike Williams/Floyd/Dez.

I did pass on Jermichael for BMarsh. I don't know why.

And Mark Ingram is going for 1000/10 easily. Sean Payton didn't give up valuable draft capital not to feature him.

sbh15
08-22-2011, 12:12 AM
how many teams was this? you're thin at wr, imo, but i don't like collie or amendola. your starting rb's look good, especially if you believe ingram will do that well, but you're backups are once again thin. i love schaub and dez, as well as jared cook. i can't really say how i feel without knowing how many teams there were. for anything 12+ that looks pretty good

fenikz
08-22-2011, 03:19 AM
how did i do on this one, 10 team, non ppr, standard scoring

QB Matt Schaub
RB Jamal Charles
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR Peyton Hillis
WR Roddy White
WR Wes Welker
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Eagles
K Seabass
-
QB Matt Stafford
RB Mark Ingram
RB Javon Ringer
WR A.J. Green
WR Julio Jones
WR Jacoby Ford
TE Jimmy Graham

killxswitch
08-22-2011, 08:23 AM

QB Matt Schaub
RB Jamal Charles
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR Peyton Hillis
WR Roddy White
WR Wes Welker
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Eagles
K Seabass
-
QB Matt Stafford
RB Mark Ingram
RB Javon Ringer
WR A.J. Green
WR Julio Jones
WR Jacoby Ford
TE Jimmy Graham

I think you probably overdrafted Hillis and I bet Ingram will end up the better fantasy player this year. If it'd been me I would've used whatever pick you used on Hillis to get a better WR2. Overall though you have a great team, about what I'd expect from somebody who knows what they're doing and only has 9 opponents.

killxswitch
08-22-2011, 08:26 AM
How'd I do? Keep in mind this is a 16 team league, I picked 6th, standard snake draft, PPR, 6 pts for throwing TDs.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - DeAngelo Williams
WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Lance Moore
RB/WR - Mark Ingram
TE - Marcedes Lewis
K - none yet
DST - San Diego

Bench - S Breaston, L Evans, M Goodson, K Walter, D Avery, B Celek, STL defense

DiG
08-22-2011, 09:19 AM
First team of the season. I had #1 pick and did what I wanted because I don't care about pre-draft rankings. .5 ppr

So yes, I took Ray Rice over Peterson. And yes, I took Dez over Nicks and Jennings. I don't believe in the "r" word. I took the guys that I think will have the best stats - I don't need my team to "look" good in the preseason.

I have Ray Rice as my #1 projected RB this year. Nice job going against he grain with your gut. Not so optimistic about your Dez over Nicks decision though...

Jughead10
08-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I have Ray Rice as my #1 projected RB this year. Nice job going against he grain with your gut. Not so optimistic about your Dez over Nicks decision though...

I love me some Ray Rice, and he might help his team win more than some of those other guys, but he will just never have the TDs to be the #1 RB in Fantasy.

My draft is a week from today. We get three keepers. I'm keeping Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Tom Brady. Think I'm off to a good start?

killxswitch
08-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I love me some Ray Rice, and he might help his team win more than some of those other guys, but he will just never have the TDs to be the #1 RB in Fantasy.

My draft is a week from today. We get three keepers. I'm keeping Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Tom Brady. Think I'm off to a good start?

Are you in a 4 person league?

Jughead10
08-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Are you in a 4 person league?

No 10 person. I've acquired these players over the years. I drafted AP as a rookie and have never let him go since. Drafted Foster in the mid rounds last year.

sbh15
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM

QB Matt Schaub
RB Jamal Charles
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR Peyton Hillis
WR Roddy White
WR Wes Welker
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Eagles
K Seabass
-
QB Matt Stafford
RB Mark Ingram
RB Javon Ringer
WR A.J. Green
WR Julio Jones
WR Jacoby Ford
TE Jimmy Graham

very solid looking team, wr's are definitely your worst position. i don't like welker in a non ppr format, so i think you are lacking a fantasy #2 unless aj green plays very well (which is possible, but i don't trust dalton). a little bit too much faith in rookies for my liking, but i do like the ringer pick.

How'd I do? Keep in mind this is a 16 team league, I picked 6th, standard snake draft, PPR, 6 pts for throwing TDs.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - DeAngelo Williams
WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Lance Moore
RB/WR - Mark Ingram
TE - Marcedes Lewis
K - none yet
DST - San Diego

Bench - S Breaston, L Evans, M Goodson, K Walter, D Avery, B Celek, STL defense

gotta love rivers in that scoring format, but having lance moore as a starter is just awful. i actually really think evans is due for a big year because he's an awesome vertical threat and flacco loves to throw bombs. could be a repeat of his breakout season a few years back. your rb's are solid if ingram plays well, and although you don't have jon stewart, you did get goodson. solid tight ends as well.

FlyingElvis
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
As an early season reminder to all:

Please post your scoring format & matchups for the week with any 'who to start' type questions.

If it's player management (trades / waivers / etc.) post your roster, too.

3 questions for my draft next week. I pick 10th in a keeper league.

1. I can keep Ray Rice for that 10th pick. I thought about going after MoDrew instead but that injury scares me. Should I just stick with Rice and his non-td scoring ways?

2. In the 2nd, I'll be targeting Fitz, Nicks, and VJAX. What order should I have them in? Fitz is the best WR but has the worst QB...

3. I'm keeping Big Ben for an 11th round pick but I can also keep Schaub for a 5th rd pick. I hate how inconsistent Schaub is, especially early in the year. Should i go for a different 2nd qb?
Schaub in round 5 seems awfully close to his value, which makes it a pretty weak keeper. I like Rice at 10 better than MJD at 10 and definitely better than the value you'd get keeping Schaub.

Should I start Mike Wallace or LG Blount as my flex week 1?
Format? PPR it's definitely Wallace. Otherwise it's much closer. I'd probably lean towards Wallace either way, as the Steelers probably won't be very successful running against Baltimore.

Just had my first auction draft last night. Interesting league, we start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a flex, a TE, a D/ST, and a K. Ten teams, .5 PPR, everything else is pretty much standard. Let me know what you think of what I pulled together, what I bid to get the player is in parenthesis. It's also not a huge money league so I did take some gambles, but felt I got some good values.

QB: Tom Brady ($36), Tony Romo ($24)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew ($34), Michael Turner ($33), DeAngelo Williams ($20), Ryan Williams ($3), Rashad Jennings ($1)
WR: Dwayne Bowe ($22), Jeremy Maclin ($8), Anquan Boldin ($7), Marques Colston ($6), Mike Sims-Walker ($1)
TE: Marcedes Lewis ($3)
D/ST: Chicago Bears ($1)
K: Josh Brown ($1)

Obvious concern for a 2-QB league is that I have no backup QB. I was shooting for Bradford and got outbid by a guy who already had 3 decent QB's which I didn't see coming, by the time that was over the rest of the backups were crap and I liked the value at other spots better - I'm trying to pull a trade together to get a QB anyway. Also, Lewis was my last pick, would've gotten him for $1 but I had $3 left, would have bid up somebody else I liked but nobody had any money left the last few guys I took.

I'd be happy with that roster. I didn't like Bowe so much but he's looked solid through 2 preseason games and Cassel is force feeding him. Lewis @ TE is not great. His TD performance is unlikely to be repeated. Now that Williams is IR'd you can move on him for another RB or maybe a TE like Greg Olsen / Lance Kendrick.

FlyingElvis
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Thinking of trading away Sjaxx in a keeper league for draft picks. My RB's are loaded... But I hate trading away a feature back. But at the same time, the guy is coming off a 3.8 YPC season and has been the bell cow for 6 years now, and I'm thinking maybe I should get rid of him while he has value...

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm guessing I could get a... Santonio Holmes + Felix Jones type return on my investment.
I'd get value on him while you can. I love Sjax, but if you're loaded and can Holmes & Felix it'd be a great deal for you.

Blount, Best or Ingram?

Any more takers?

The dude who is interested in a trade has LeGarrett Blount and Ryan Grant. I think Blount is the better option, but i have James Starks, so if i land Grant im guaranteed to have the packers starting RB, whichever one of them it may be.
Blount. He doesn't look like there's any real concern for RBBC. Grant + Starks just means you have to choose if they fall into a true RBBC. However, Grant is in the last year of his contract, so Starks could be the man in 2012. Still, I'd take the sure thing as a #1 RB, and that is Blount right now.

Who are you trading away?

FlyingElvis
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes. I don't see Vick putting up the outrageous numbers he had last year, and he's still a much greater injury risk than Schaub. Overall, the difference from JStew to McCoy far outweighs the drop from Vick to Schaub.

I'd go Rice, too. McCoy close behind him.

gdebman72
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Who would be better off the bench? jacoby ford or mike sims walker?

gdebman72
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes. I don't see Vick putting up the outrageous numbers he had last year, and he's still a much greater injury risk than Schaub. Overall, the difference from JStew to McCoy far outweighs the drop from Vick to Schaub.

I'd go Rice, too. McCoy close behind him.

Id take Charles over rice and mccoy

FlyingElvis
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Who would be better off the bench? jacoby ford or mike sims walker?

MSW.

Better QB and known skill. It's just difficult to like a Raider WR with Al wanting DHB to succeed, Murphy and Schilens still potentially in the mix at some point, and Denarius Moore getting all the ink right now. I do like Ford, though.

FlyingElvis
08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Id take Charles over rice and mccoy

Lots of people would. Personally, his schedule after their week 6 bye is just brutal. Well, aside from Denver and Oakland, anyway. lol

7 KC @ OAK

8 SD @ KC

9 MIA @ KC

10 DEN @ KC

11 KC @ NE

12 PIT @ KC

13 KC @ CHI

14 KC @ NYJ

15 GB @ KC

16 OAK @ KC

sbh15
08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
so i was doing a mock draft and got into an interesting debate with a guy. he had bookends (12&13) and picked two wr's. when his pick came, the best rb's available were frank gore and steven jackson. so instead of opting for an rb he went with 2 elite wr's. i figured that with the shortage of elite rb's, it was worth the risk to go with one of gore or jackson. he ended up with green-ellis and addai as his rb's, but which strategy would you go with?

AHungryWalrus
08-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Potential trade in keeper league - Pass TD's worth 4, rush worth 6.

Schaub and SJaxx for Rivers + 3rd round pick.

The third could probably get me a TE like Owen Daniels or Jimmy Graham, which I need, or a Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart. Schaub and Jackson are both bench players for me at the moment.

sbh15
08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
if schaub is a bench player who is your starting qb? and steven jackson is a bench player, too? the only way i'd do that is if you don't plan on keeping either. i don't think there will be much difference between rivers and schaub, and then you compare jackson with any of the players you listed available in the 3rd and it doesn't seem like a good deal.

AHungryWalrus
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
if schaub is a bench player who is your starting qb? and steven jackson is a bench player, too? the only way i'd do that is if you don't plan on keeping either. i don't think there will be much difference between rivers and schaub, and then you compare jackson with any of the players you listed available in the 3rd and it doesn't seem like a good deal.

It's a 8 person dynasty league, and I have All Day and Foster left over from last year, and then Charles as my flex. Vick is my starting QB.

sbh15
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
12 team, standard scoring... i really like this team

qb: drew brees (2) / kyle orton (13)
rb: lesean mccoy (1) / ronnie brown (12)
rb: legarrette blount (3) / marshawn lynch (7)
rb/wr: shonn greene (4) / mike thomas (8)
wr: marques colston (5) / hines ward (11)
wr: percy harvin (6) / danny amendola (16)
te: greg olsen (9) / jimmy graham (10)
d/st: chargers (14)
k: adam vinatieri (15)

gpngc
08-22-2011, 08:59 PM

I disagree. I think McGahee's ONLY value was as a GL back. Ricky Williams will be able to make an impact and keep Rice fresh between the 20s. That means Rice will likely be able to finish his own drives.

Plus, 10-12 total TDs might be enough for him to finish #1 in a ppr league if he catches as many passes as I think he will this year (no Heap, lackluster slot WRs).

And he plays against the NFC West...

tjsunstein
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
12 team, standard scoring... i really like this team

qb: drew brees (2) / kyle orton (13)
rb: lesean mccoy (1) / ronnie brown (12)
rb: legarrette blount (3) / marshawn lynch (7)
rb/wr: shonn greene (4) / mike thomas (8)
wr: marques colston (5) / hines ward (11)
wr: percy harvin (6) / danny amendola (16)
te: greg olsen (9) / jimmy graham (10)
d/st: chargers (14)
k: adam vinatieri (15)
Solid for a 12 team, not in love with your WRs though.

Rob S
08-22-2011, 11:47 PM
10 team money league draft results, thoughts? Only scoring oddity is 6 pt passing TD.

QB(1): Peyton Manning, Eli Manning
RB(2): Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Beanie Wells, Fred Jackson, Mike Tolbert, Ben Tate
WR(3): Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Jordyzzz
W/R/T(1):
TE: Kellen Winslow
DEF: Bears

Jakey
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Blount. He doesn't look like there's any real concern for RBBC. Grant + Starks just means you have to choose if they fall into a true RBBC. However, Grant is in the last year of his contract, so Starks could be the man in 2012. Still, I'd take the sure thing as a #1 RB, and that is Blount right now.

Who are you trading away?

My WR's are; Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, Santonio Holmes, Robert Meacham, Jacoby Ford and Mike Sims-Walker.

Im not sure what to offer, thats what i need help with :D

FlyingElvis
08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
so i was doing a mock draft and got into an interesting debate with a guy. he had bookends (12&13) and picked two wr's. when his pick came, the best rb's available were frank gore and steven jackson. so instead of opting for an rb he went with 2 elite wr's. i figured that with the shortage of elite rb's, it was worth the risk to go with one of gore or jackson. he ended up with green-ellis and addai as his rb's, but which strategy would you go with?
Depends entirely on the format, lineup and scoring. I passed on SJax & Gore in my 10 team keeper drafting 8 / 13. I took Nicks and Wallace, but I also start 3 wrs. In standard I'd take SJax every time.

Potential trade in keeper league - Pass TD's worth 4, rush worth 6.

Schaub and SJaxx for Rivers + 3rd round pick.

The third could probably get me a TE like Owen Daniels or Jimmy Graham, which I need, or a Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart. Schaub and Jackson are both bench players for me at the moment.
TE is awfully deep this year to go and dump such quality depth. Guys like Gronkowski / Olsen can be had for a song and will be solid producers all year. Olsen is my pick for shocker top 5 TE this year.

My WR's are; Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, Santonio Holmes, Robert Meacham, Jacoby Ford and Mike Sims-Walker.

Im not sure what to offer, thats what i need help with :D
I wouldn't part with White or Wallace for Blount unless it comes with a pick. 3rd / 4th next year, maybe? Harvin / Holmes both seem fair to me for him, but I'd be willing to bet the draft results don't agree. I'm just not a believer in Blount as a top back with the trouble he's had getting into the endzone in short yardage. I think Julio Jones looks amazing in the one game I watched so far, so Roddy's production is primed for a big hit from last year's dominance.

I can't remember if you posted your format - what was it?

10 team money league draft results, thoughts? Only scoring oddity is 6 pt passing TD.

QB(1): Peyton Manning, Eli Manning
RB(2): Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Beanie Wells, Fred Jackson, Mike Tolbert, Ben Tate
WR(3): Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Jordyzzz
W/R/T(1):
TE: Kellen Winslow
DEF: Bears

Great team. I'd be very happy with this. Average at TE but some position has to suffer, and the TE spot is the deepest this year so it won't hurt if you're not beastly there.

sbh15
08-23-2011, 12:18 PM
how does everyone feel about marshawn lynch this season? i have picks 1 and 4 in my keeper draft and i plan to take shonn greene first and one of lynch or ingram at pick 4. i've been doing some research and in each of the past 5 seasons, tom cable's teams have been in the top 5 in rushing in the nfl. the seahawks just beefed up their o-line big time. i'm kind of leaning toward lynch because i've gotten burned on rookies before.

my team/roster format looks like this (ppr, bonuses for long touchdowns and high yardage totals)
qb: matt schaub
rb:
rb/wr: brandon lloyd
wr(2): jeremy maclin / percy harvin
te:
q/r/w/t: josh freeman

DiG
08-23-2011, 12:26 PM
10 team league. Standard lineups with .5 ppr.

Which starting lineup would you prefer:

Rivers
Forte
SJax
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J

Manning
Ray Rice
Forte
Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Stevie J

Manning
Chris Johnson
Forte
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J

Gay Ork Wang
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
the second one

killxswitch
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Rivers
Forte
SJax
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J

Manning
Ray Rice
Forte
Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Stevie J

Manning
Chris Johnson
Forte
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J

First, then last, then 2nd. Rivers is a big enough upgrade over Manning (this year, and probably only the first 3rd or half of the season) that it is worth having SJax instead of CJ. I actually think Jackson will have a great year and be a top 3 or 4 fantasy back again.

DiG
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
im leaning towards the rivers squad. even with the rivers squad i could actually still possibly nab a guy like brandon marshall with an extra pick that id have. hell CJ could even fall enough to where i could take him over forte or sjax.

scottyboy
08-23-2011, 01:47 PM
big money league order came out. I've got pick 1. Do i just grab AD? guy with pick 4 offering a draft swap, and says he wants Arian at 1. Meaning I could nab Raymell baby at 4, and with Vonta and no McGahee, I'd be sweet getting him there. thoughts?

sbh15
08-23-2011, 01:58 PM
big money league order came out. I've got pick 1. Do i just grab AD? guy with pick 4 offering a draft swap, and says he wants Arian at 1. Meaning I could nab Raymell baby at 4, and with Vonta and no McGahee, I'd be sweet getting him there. thoughts?

i'd much rather have pick 4. i think rice is gonna be a top 5 rb anyway. this only makes more sense if the league is ppr

SuperMcGee
08-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Are you confident that you could get Rice at 4? I might not be.

DiG
08-23-2011, 03:18 PM
id swap to 4 definitely if i were you.

derza222
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Similar situation to scotty, I've also got the #1 pick in a 12 team big money league. It's .5 PPR, and the only other notable thing is QB's get 6 pts for passing TD's instead of 4. Thoughts on where I go #1? I'm not sure I like Foster this year so I'm leaning Peterson since it's just .5 PPR, but could definitely be talked out of that. Only option right now is to swap to 11 which I don't think I'll do.

I'd be happy with that roster. I didn't like Bowe so much but he's looked solid through 2 preseason games and Cassel is force feeding him. Lewis @ TE is not great. His TD performance is unlikely to be repeated. Now that Williams is IR'd you can move on him for another RB or maybe a TE like Greg Olsen / Lance Kendrick.

Appreciate the input. Didn't love Lewis at TE but I waited too long there and nobody was around. Think I'm going to pick up a backup QB with Williams gone since it's a 2 QB league and I have no backup. I'll contemplate dropping Lewis for another TE, have to see who's available on waivers.

scottyboy
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I've got .5 ppr too. And the kid trading to 1 told me he wants Arian. So either way, I'm getting AD, Jamaal, CJ or Raymell. Thinking I'm gonna do the deal

gpngc
08-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Anybody buy the Felix Jones hype?

FlyingElvis
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
how does everyone feel about marshawn lynch this season? i have picks 1 and 4 in my keeper draft and i plan to take shonn greene first and one of lynch or ingram at pick 4. i've been doing some research and in each of the past 5 seasons, tom cable's teams have been in the top 5 in rushing in the nfl. the seahawks just beefed up their o-line big time. i'm kind of leaning toward lynch because i've gotten burned on rookies before.

my team/roster format looks like this (ppr, bonuses for long touchdowns and high yardage totals)
qb: matt schaub
rb:
rb/wr: brandon lloyd
wr(2): jeremy maclin / percy harvin
te:
q/r/w/t: josh freeman
I think Lynch can put up a solid season, but TJackoff at QB will mean lots of 8 + 9 man fronts. Either way, I can't buy into either of those two at 4 overall. There has to be an better option, even it it means trying to make a trade. Lynch / Ingram are not going to live up to that draft status, 50+ keepers or not.

Rivers
Forte
SJax
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J

Manning
Ray Rice
Forte
Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Stevie J

Manning
Chris Johnson
Forte
Nicks
Miles Austin
Stevie J
Peyton or Eli?

Option one would be my favorite, simply b/c Rivers is a better option than either Manning for now and CJ2K in a holdout makes him too much of a risk, especially if paired w/Peyton.

What else to you get in the swap? All rounds, 1 + 2, something else? Regardless of what it is, hold out for more. He wants something, he pays for it.

FlyingElvis
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
After watching Foster in the Texans game against the Saints, I'm buying him at 1 big time. He is one smooth mofo with incredible wiggle and the ability to make himself paper thin when necessary. I'd stand at 1 and take him, at this point. It's easy to get caught up in the "no RB does that well every year" talk, but everything about Foster's ability and situation tell me he has the opportunity to do it. Even if he takes a step back, he still could easily be this year's top fantasy scorer.

Anybody buy the Felix Jones hype?

Depends on the cost of buying said hype. lol

After round 5 I think he becomes a steal. His issue is injury, so he could easily be a stud . . . if healthy. He's Jerry's boy and we all know that counts big.

Jvig43
08-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Alright so heres my team in an 8 team keeper league (money league) we just started.

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Micheal Turner, Peyton Hillis, Jahvid Best, Ladainian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush
WR- Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Plaxico Burress, Julio Jones, Malcolm Floyd
TE- Rob Gronkowski, Ben Watson
K- Stephen Gostkowski
Def- Philly

Thoughts?

DiG
08-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Alright so heres my team in an 8 team keeper league (money league) we just started.

RB- Micheal Turner, Peyton Hillis, Jahvid Best, Ladainian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush
WR- Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Plaxico Burress, Julio Jones, Malcolm Floyd
K- Stephen Gostkowski
Def- Philly

Thoughts?

scoring format and starting lineup positions?

Jvig43
08-24-2011, 10:19 AM
scoring format and starting lineup positions?

Head to head

starting lineup would be:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
Wr: Greg Jennings
Wr: Dwayne Bowe
Wr: Jeremy Maclin
Rb: Micheal Turner
Rb: Peyton Hillis
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Wr/Rb/TE: Jahvid Best

My thoughts are that I also have a lot of bench players that could pan out and become good trade value, I dont need big ben and could pick up a few other decent qbs as a backup. I expect PLaxico to have a pretty decent year, and am interested to see how Juli does but Im hoping to use these guys to get either some picks or another Wr/Rb

A Perfect Score
08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Keepers: Ray Rice, Mike Turner, Matt Stafford, Desean Jackson

10 team PPR keeper league, Start 2 QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1OP/1K/1DST

OP is Offensive Player, meaning QBs can be played as a flex.

I've got the 3rd overall pick in the snake draft, where Ill be drafted either Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford. But Ive got the chance to trade my second round pick, which is actually #17 overall, for Jahvid Best. Should I do it? I could start him as the flex and push hard for receivers in round 3 and 4.

Brothgar
08-24-2011, 01:50 PM
ESPN has added a head coach option to their fantasy this year. Muhahahahaha! Bill Belichick will lead me to another championship!

DiG
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
if the value at #3 is freeman/bradford than Best in the 2nd round sounds too good to be true.

FlyingElvis
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Keepers: Ray Rice, Mike Turner, Matt Stafford, Desean Jackson

10 team PPR keeper league, Start 2 QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1OP/1K/1DST

OP is Offensive Player, meaning QBs can be played as a flex.

I've got the 3rd overall pick in the snake draft, where Ill be drafted either Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford. But Ive got the chance to trade my second round pick, which is actually #17 overall, for Jahvid Best. Should I do it? I could start him as the flex and push hard for receivers in round 3 and 4.

if the value at #3 is freeman/bradford than Best in the 2nd round sounds too good to be true.

The value is Freeman / Bradford because 3 QBs can be in the starting lineup.
Unless I'm reading that wrong - it sure looks like 2QB and a flex OP (QB!) . . . right?

You should be spending your first 2 picks on QBs. **** RB / WR.

FlyingElvis
08-24-2011, 02:51 PM

K- Stephen Gostkowski
Def- Philly

Thoughts?

Good team, but generally all the teams probably are in an 8 team league.

EvilMonkey
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
keeper question for a PPR league

have Jamaal Charles but then have to keep 3 more out of Lagarette Blount, Beanie Wells, Ryan Mathews, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Mike Williams (TB), Wes Welker

Thoughts?

A Perfect Score
08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
The value is Freeman / Bradford because 3 QBs can be in the starting lineup.
Unless I'm reading that wrong - it sure looks like 2QB and a flex OP (QB!) . . . right?

You should be spending your first 2 picks on QBs. **** RB / WR.

Thats correct. Talent is pretty thin up top at RB/WR, thats why Id love to add Best. If I did, I could push for WR in Round 3 and 4.

A Perfect Score
08-24-2011, 04:54 PM

have Jamaal Charles but then have to keep 3 more out of Lagarette Blount, Beanie Wells, Ryan Mathews, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Mike Williams (TB), Wes Welker

Thoughts?

Thats tough. I don't love any of the RBs, I'd probably pass on all three honestly. If you've already got Charles, you might be able to get away with a lesser RB2 and keep VJ, Marshall and Mike Williams. At least you'll be set at WR.

Bills2083
08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm drafting 9th in a 10 team league.

League setup:
QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST, 7 Bench

25 pass yards = 1 pt
TD pass = 4 points

10 rush yards = 1 pt
Rush TD = 6 points

10 receiving yards = 1 pt
Receiving TD = 6 points

Who should I look to draft? +rep

gpngc
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM

League setup:

25 pass yards = 1 pt
TD pass = 4 points

10 rush yards = 1 pt
Rush TD = 6 points

Receiving TD = 6 points

McFadden, Gore, Shonn Greene, Mendenhall. Consider Felix Jones and Mark Ingram as early as the 3rd/4th round.

Make sure your WR/RB is occupied by a RB.

And if you trust Vick, 4pt pass-TD leagues are the ones in which he's most valuable.

If you don't take Vick, do not take a QB until VERY late (Stafford, Bradford, Eli, Flacco).

Take big play WRs (Wallace, DJax, VJax, etc.) and stay away from possession guys (Welker, Amendola).

As for TE, I'd wait until very late and grab two of the following: Jared Cook, Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Dustin Keller.

So if you don't take Vick in the first or second, your drat should be something like this.

Rd. 1: RB
Rd. 2: RB
Rd. 3: WR/RB
Rd. 4: WR/RB
Rd. 5: WR/RB
Rd. 6: WR/RB
Rd. 7: WR/RB
Rd. 8: WR/RB
Rd. 9: WR/RB
Rd. 10: TE/QB
Rd. 11: TE/QB
Rd. 12: TE/QB
Rd. 13: TE/QB
Rd. 14: DEF
Rd. 15: K

LonghornsLegend
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM

Thoughts?

After Charles I'd easily keep Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams(TB), and L Blount. Two big time RB's and WR's. Marshall has way too many questions around him with his attitude and QB, Mathews you can easily draft back if you want, same for Beanie too. The rest of those guys you'd have a tough time getting back.

LonghornsLegend
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
ESPN has added a head coach option to their fantasy this year. Muhahahahaha! Bill Belichick will lead me to another championship!

I thought they had this for years now? D-Unit had it in the war league for 2 years or so I thought, maybe 3.

fenikz
08-24-2011, 10:03 PM
16 team league, 1 pt PPR, stadard scoring, how'd i do

QB Matt Schaub
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Mario Manningham
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Joseph Addai
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R Austin Collie
D/ST Texans
K Jay Feeley
-
QB Matt Stafford
WR Danny Amendola
WR Davone Bess
RB Reggie Bush
RB Javon Ringer
RB Steven Ridley
TE Jared Cook

fairly terrible looking

Bills2083
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM

QB Matt Schaub
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Mario Manningham
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Joseph Addai
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R Austin Collie
D/ST Texans
K Jay Feeley
-
QB Matt Stafford
WR Danny Amendola
WR Davone Bess
RB Reggie Bush
RB Javon Ringer
RB Steven Ridley
TE Jared Cook

fairly terrible looking

It looks better than my team and I drafted in a 10-team league lol

FlyingElvis
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM

Thoughts?

Any cost to keep? Lineup?

I love VJax to have a big year so he'd be my 1st pick to fill out the 4. After that, the lineup makes a big difference b/c I like Beanie to have a nice year. But, his value isn't as high as some of the others so he may not be the best option. I'm inclined to say LL nailed it.

Thats correct. Talent is pretty thin up top at RB/WR, thats why Id love to add Best. If I did, I could push for WR in Round 3 and 4.

Seriously, though, if you can start 3 QBs, why aren't you mentioning possible QBs for that pick?

League setup:

25 pass yards = 1 pt
TD pass = 4 points

10 rush yards = 1 pt
Rush TD = 6 points

Receiving TD = 6 points

Pretty standard setup. BPA is your best bet, just don't touch QB until round 5 or later. 10 teams, lots of solid starting options at QB. Your first 4 picks really should be RB/WR in some combination. Personally, I'd be aiming for 3RB & 1WR, but it always depends on how things shake out.

FlyingElvis
08-25-2011, 08:42 AM
As for TE, I'd wait until very late and grab two of the following: Jared Cook, Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Dustin Keller.

So if you don't take Vick in the first or second, your drat should be something like this.

Rd. 1: RB
Rd. 2: RB
Rd. 3: WR/RB
Rd. 4: WR/RB
Rd. 5: WR/RB
Rd. 6: WR/RB
Rd. 7: WR/RB
Rd. 8: WR/RB
Rd. 9: WR/RB
Rd. 10: TE/QB
Rd. 11: TE/QB
Rd. 12: TE/QB
Rd. 13: TE/QB
Rd. 14: DEF
Rd. 15: K

Lol - you just listed my TE lineup for a money league. I laughed as guys wasted 3rd / 4th / 5th round picks on TE, then drafted Gronk / Olsen in 14 & 15 and grabbed Cook as my final pick in 19.

Also, totally agree on the round / pick breakdown. There's just no reason to take a QB or TE early, especially in a 10 team league.

QB Matt Schaub
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Mario Manningham
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Joseph Addai
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R Austin Collie
D/ST Texans
K Jay Feeley
-
QB Matt Stafford
WR Danny Amendola
WR Davone Bess
RB Reggie Bush
RB Javon Ringer
RB Steven Ridley
TE Jared Cook

fairly terrible looking

That's an incredible team for a 16 team draft. Nice work!

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
In a keeper league I kept Tom Brady over Larry Fitzgerald. Bad move? 6pt per passing TD and only .5 PPR.

gpngc
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
In a keeper league I kept Tom Brady over Larry Fitzgerald. Bad move? 6pt per passing TD and only .5 PPR.

Yes. Fitzgerald > Brady in fantasy football. Period. Always. You can get a QB later.

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes. Fitzgerald > Brady in fantasy football. Period. Always. You can get a QB later.

Eh not always. In our format Brady scored 27 more points than any player. The difference between Brady and the #10 ranked QB (Eli Manning) was 82 points. The difference between Larry and the WR ranked roughly 10 spots below him will be less of a difference. It's up for discussion, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up, but I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think.

A Perfect Score
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Absolutely not true. I love Larry Fitz as much as anyone, but Id be very surprised if at the end of the year there's a huge differential between his stats and say, Mike Williams. There's a huge disparity in talent, but I wouldn't expect a huge differential in stats unless that Arizona offense is much more potent then I expect. The depth at WR this year is very strong, and Brady is a perpetual 30TD guy.

gpngc
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Disagree. There are very few sure things at WR. All QBs are sure to put up stats. Mike Williams has about as much chance to ruin your team by not producing near last year's production as he does to equal Fitz's.

Every year, you can simply plug 'n play QBs and not lose a beat (if you're smart). Last year if you didn't draft a QB AT ALL, you could have had a 3-man rotation of Vick, Orton, and Fitzpatrick and been better than fine.

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Disagree. There are very few sure things at WR. All QBs are sure to put up stats. Mike Williams has about as much chance to ruin your team by not producing near last year's production as he does to equal Fitz's.

Every year, you can simply plug 'n play QBs and not lose a beat (if you're smart). Last year if you didn't draft a QB AT ALL, you could have had a 3-man rotation of Vick, Orton, and Fitzpatrick and been better than fine.

There was a 16 TD difference between Orton and Brady last year. That's not including the difference in yards and INTs. The difference between Fitz and whatever WR you want to name won't be that large.

gpngc
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM
There was a 16 TD difference between Orton and Brady last year. That's not including the difference in yards and INTs. The difference between Fitz and whatever WR you want to name won't be that large.

OK but you are neglecting the fact that if you reaped the benefits of Brady's awesome season, you paid a 3rd round pick. The person who picked up Orton/Vick/late round QB got an impact RB or WR in the 3rd round.

Also, Orton missed 3 starts so you obviously would have started someone else in those weeks.

Brady had an amazing season last year. It's doubtful he puts on the same show. Fitz on the other hand has an actual QB rather than John Skelton and Derek Anderson.

In 1-QB leagues, this isn't even a discussion. If you had 12th overall pick in a 1-QB league and took Tom Brady over Larry Fitzgerald... I wish I was in a league with you...

There's a reason why literally 0 publications rank Tom Brady over Fitz in 1-QB leagues.

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 03:08 PM
OK but you are neglecting the fact that if you reaped the benefits of Brady's awesome season, you paid a 3rd round pick. The person who picked up Orton/Vick/late round QB got an impact RB or WR in the 3rd round.

Also, Orton missed 3 starts so you obviously would have started someone else in those weeks.

Brady had an amazing season last year. It's doubtful he puts on the same show. Fitz on the other hand has an actual QB rather than John Skelton and Derek Anderson.

In 1-QB leagues, this isn't even a discussion. If you had 12th overall pick in a 1-QB league and took Tom Brady over Larry Fitzgerald... I wish I was in a league with you...

There's a reason why literally 0 publications rank Tom Brady over Fitz in 1-QB leagues.

That's true. But I'm not drafting from scratch. I'm just keeping a player off my roster from the previous season. And I got Brady 48th overall I think last year.

As for the rankings, most leagues are passing TDs 4 points (which I always found stupid) vs mine is 6.

gpngc
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Eh not always. In our format Brady scored 27 more points than any player. The difference between Brady and the #10 ranked QB (Eli Manning) was 82 points. The difference between Larry and the WR ranked roughly 10 spots below him will be less of a difference. It's up for discussion, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up, but I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think.

And this is wrong. It should be the # of starting WRs per team x10 that you compare with the difference between Eli and Brady. So Fitz vs. the 20th or 30th WR... and again - that's based on last year's stats. This year, it makes sense to predict a slight drop-off for Brady (possibly big drop-off), and at least a slight bump in production for Fitz. Regress/progressing to the mean.

gpngc
08-25-2011, 03:10 PM
That's true. But I'm not drafting from scratch. I'm just keeping a player off my roster from the previous season. And I got Brady 48th overall I think last year.

So do you lose the 48th overall pick? Or you just get to start your team with one player from your roster last year?

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
And this is wrong. It should be the # of starting WRs per team x10 that you compare with the difference between Eli and Brady. So Fitz vs. the 20th or 30th WR... and again - that's based on last year's stats. This year, it makes sense to predict a slight drop-off for Brady (possibly big drop-off), and at least a slight bump in production for Fitz. Regress/progressing to the mean.

Still not quite as large. But much closer.

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
So do you lose the 48th overall pick? Or you just get to start your team with one player from your roster last year?

No losing picks. I get three keepers. Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, and it came down to Fitz or Brady and I went with Brady.

FlyingElvis
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Fitz will be right back in the top 10 with a competent QB. Give me Fitz every time this year.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gpngc again."

Borat
08-25-2011, 08:35 PM
No losing picks. I get three keepers. Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, and it came down to Fitz or Brady and I went with Brady.

Holy ****. AP, Foster, and Brady/Fitz? Did they just write you the check already? Very nice team-building Jug.

SuperMcGee
08-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah, really. Even for a 2-team league, that's a pretty nice start.

Jughead10
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Holy ****. AP, Foster, and Brady/Fitz? Did they just write you the check already? Very nice team-building Jug.

I've basically had Brady, AP, and Calvin Johnson or Fitz the last three years. I've finished first twice and second once in the regular season but have still yet to win it. Anything can happen in one week during the playoffs. Ended up finishing third last year.

derza222
08-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Just drafted in my 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, and 1 flex. Deep bench too, and .5 PPR - I had the second pick. Took some gambles (one obvious one), and my WR's are pretty weak. Let me know what you think:

QB: Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Roy Helu, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter
WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook
D/ST: Kansas City
K: Rob Bironas

whatadai
08-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Had our rookie draft recently too: http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=28743&F=0001&O=07
Some off-season moves still coming so not the exact roster I'm going into the season with yet...

Drafted the following rookies:

1.2 Jones Julio
2.10 Quinn Robert
3.7 Vereen Shane
3.10 Locker Jake
4.1 Sheard Jabaal
5.10 Henery Alex
6.10 Kendricks Lance
7.10 Dowling Ras-I

Traded Greg Jennings for the 1.2 pick and a move up from 5.4 to 4.1. Lost the 1.10 pick when I traded it with Lawrence Timmons and Vanden Bosch for Clay Matthews and Charles Johnson. Gave up Tim Hightower and Jimmy Graham for Owen Daniels at the draft. What do you guys think?

whatadai
08-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Just drafted in my 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, and 1 flex. Deep bench too, and .5 PPR - I had the second pick. Took some gambles (one obvious one), and my WR's are pretty weak. Let me know what you think:

QB: Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Roy Helu, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter
WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook
D/ST: Kansas City
K: Rob Bironas

WTF? How are you so stacked? Can I join that league? LOL.

Hines
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Would you trade Sid Rice for James Starks? 1 point PPR and Grant has looked bad according to reports. Or should I just stick with AP, Hightower, Lynch, and Delone Carter? I'm pretty stacked at WR now, so moving one for a RB could be done.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Who are your other WR's?

Hines
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Who are your other WR's?

Fitz, Jennings, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, and James Jones. That's not including Sid Rice.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Fitz, Jennings, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, and James Jones. That's not including Sid Rice.

I'd do it then. You have no idea who's going to even get the ball to Rice in Seattle and Starks looked comfortable with the offense last year and GB won the SB with him so they'll have a quick hook with Grant.

derza222
08-26-2011, 09:55 AM
WTF? How are you so stacked? Can I join that league? LOL.

I mean I was obviously relatively happy with my picks, don't like my WR depth a lot and QB could get ugly. Think the team looks better than it is too with Manning, if the gamble pays off then I'll look smart for taking him and if not my team could be in trouble. I do like Bradford though and I didn't like anybody else on the board all that much when I took Manning which is why I did it. Was happy to get some solid handcuffs too, Gore is a risk so having Hunter is nice. Getting the #2 pick and AD was cool too because I've got the #1 pick in another very similar league, think I'll go with Foster there as bit of a hedge.

DiG
08-26-2011, 10:05 AM
10 team league, .5 ppr, which team do you prefer now.

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten

Bills2083
08-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten

Brees > Schaub/Ryan
Gore/Forte < Rice
Sjax = Sjax
Nicks = Nicks
Austin < Jennings
Johnson = Johnson
Gates < Witten

I like team 2 more, as your RB/WR/TE are better. I think the players you have there will be able to make up the difference of not having Brees as your QB.

And just a word of advice to those drafting Stevie Johnson this year...
Personally, I wouldn't touch him til late. Teams seemed to figure out how to slow him down last year, as he only had 1 TD reception over the final 6 games, and did not reach 100 yards in any of them. Not to mention the fact that Lee Evans commanded all the double coverages last year, leaving Johnson 1-on-1. Now, Johnson is getting double-teamed and we have no idea how he's going to respond to them. Also, our Oline has looked absolutely abysmal this preseason, and we have no idea who our starting LT is at the moment. Bad Oline = less time for Fitz to find his receivers. Just a bit of info for any of you willing to listen.

DiG
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks I dont disagree with you on Stevie J. I have him as a rd 10 keeper which is why hes listed in both situations.

FlyingElvis
08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Would you trade Sid Rice for James Starks? 1 point PPR and Grant has looked bad according to reports. Or should I just stick with AP, Hightower, Lynch, and Delone Carter? I'm pretty stacked at WR now, so moving one for a RB could be done.
Not interested in owning Rice, tbh. One year wonder with lots of injury history and now moves to a team with a bag QB situation and a better WR on the roster. Trade away. Starks will be the better asset.

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten

Team one. Gates scares me, but if he plays you're golden. Any team with 2 QB (unless starting both) loses value for me.

drowe
08-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Can somebody please provide a description of WTF is going on with Maurice Jones-Drew. I've heard everything from a season ending injury being imminent to him being primed for one of his best years.

I have a draft for a big money league tomorrow. I drew the 13th pick out of 14 teams and I'm bracing for MJD being a viable option and I need to know how to look at him.

HALP!

sbh15
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Can somebody please provide a description of WTF is going on with Maurice Jones-Drew. I've heard everything from a season ending injury being imminent to him being primed for one of his best years.

I have a draft for a big money league tomorrow. I drew the 13th pick out of 14 teams and I'm bracing for MJD being a viable option and I need to know how to look at him.

HALP!

i think that his value at 13 is awesome, just make sure you handcuff him with jennings.

edit: here's my team in bantx's 20 team league. scoring is standard for yahoo, with the exception being the league is ppr

qb: colt mccoy / donovan mcnabb
rb: ray rice / ricky williams
rb: jonathan stewart / jordan todman
wr: mike wallace / mohammed massoquoi
wr: brandon marshall / michael jenkins
te: dallas clark / cameron jordan
flex: mike thomas / dez briscoe / jon baldwin

lb: kevin burnett
lb: bradie james
db: yerimiah bell
db: charles woodson
d: t.j. ward / lance briggs

i'm pretty happy with this for 20 teams. i think rice will be the number one rb in ppr and marshall will do really well, too. i have a bunch of starting receivers, but i'm really weak at qb unless mcnabb explodes.

FlyingElvis
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM

HALP!

He's a risk, but at 13 he is worth it. Basically, he has a craptastic knee that is bone-on-bone according to any outlets I'm reading. But he's ready to play and they're not foolish enough to run him in preseason, at this point.

Handcuff him, or suffer the consequences.

Jakey
08-26-2011, 11:23 AM
He's a risk, but at 13 he is worth it. Basically, he has a craptastic knee that is bone-on-bone according to any outlets I'm reading. But he's ready to play and they're not foolish enough to run him in preseason, at this point.

Handcuff him, or suffer the consequences.

This ^^^

I'd also advise anyone to take a flyer on Jennings, weather you have MJD or not, he is one low tackle away from a starting job, and he definately has talent.

DiG
08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Team one. Gates scares me, but if he plays you're golden. Any team with 2 QB (unless starting both) loses value for me.

sorry it isnt both its one or the other. same with the gore/forte. it isnt both its one or the other. basically i know that one of them will be available to draft and even if both are im not sure which one id take yet.

Rob S
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
With all this Peyton business, I propose a question:

Romo for Manning straight up. Who wins?

FlyingElvis
08-26-2011, 12:23 PM
sorry it isnt both its one or the other. same with the gore/forte. it isnt both its one or the other. basically i know that one of them will be available to draft and even if both are im not sure which one id take yet.
Ok, gotcha. Team 2, (Schaub, preferably) by a lot, then.

Witten is always dominant and always undervalued compared to Gates. Personally, I'm thinking we see VJax as outrageously dominant as we saw from Gates last year. Roles reversed (sort of) with Gates limping around with an injury known to be catastrophic, rather than missing time due to holdout.

Schaub over Ryan b/c the Falcons identity is still based on pounding the ball, whereas Houston is all aerial attack.

Plus, you have better RB pairs and WR pairs with that squad. I'm expecting a big chip-on-the-shoulder type year from Jennings.

With all this Peyton business, I propose a question:

Romo for Manning straight up. Who wins?

meh. I'm not buying the Romo stock. It's always majorly hyped and subsequently disappointing.

Obviously the winner depends on Manning's ability to get on the field.