PDA

View Full Version : CFB Rumors

JoeJoeBrown
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Texas A&M to join the SEC? (http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2011/7/19/2282835/texas-a-m-sec-rumors)

LSU about to get poo hammered? This isn't even about the Lyles thing, but earlier.

(Original NOA) (http://www.lsusports.net/pdf8/729754.pdf)

And Charles Robinson's Tweets:
Tweets

CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson
@
@butchworley Yes, I believe that is correct.
8 minutes ago

Timing of NCAA's LSU sanctions suggests: 1. This relates to asst coach D.J. McCarthy. 2. NCAA has a second investigation ongoing into LSU.
11 minutes ago

This is an announcement of a Committee on Infractions hearing that took place months ago, so it isn't Lyles or recruiting service related.
14 minutes ago

Per the NCAA's LSU press conference, because of the timing of the request on the Lyles material, this can't be related to Lyles.
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Ľ

The NCAA has a 3 pm conference call today to discuss a committee on infractions decision regarding LSU. Stay tuned.
1 hour ago

Also talk that Lamarcus Joiner got paid (via his uncle as proxy) to go to FSU.

CFB is corrupt. Just professionalize it formally.

sbh15
07-19-2011, 11:28 AM
duh. if the NCAA wanted to actually do anything about it, they'd have been slamming teams years ago. i can't imagine any of this is very difficult for them to figure out.

JoeJoeBrown
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Auburn getting some heat.
Per Finebaum's Twitter:
finebaum Danny Sheridan on site with us at SEC Media Days. yfrog.com/kljngktj
about 1 hour ago

finebaum Sheridan about NCAA investigation at AU,'They think they know the third party & who put up the money.'
about 1 hour ago

finebaum Sheridan,'If the dots get connected, major sanctions will follow- vacation of Heisman & national champiosnhip.'
about 1 hour ago

finebaum Sheridan,'The investigation on Cam Newton is centered on his recruitment to AU. MSU is not a factor at all.'
about 1 hour ago

finebaum Sheridan on Cam Newton investigation,'As I understand it, the NCAA is trying to get an alleged 3rd person or bag man to come forward.'
about 1 hour ago

finebaum Danny Sheridan w/PF,'NCAA 's investigation into AU has been revved up since Chizik's encounter in Destin.'

YAYareaRB
07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
corrupt college football is corrupt.

this past year might be the worst with TWO BCS bowls being vacated due to violations.

sbh15
07-20-2011, 04:21 PM
http://kentsterling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Urban-Meyer-on-Dan-Dakich-Show-on-NCAA-Problems.mp3

This is a great interview with Urban Meyer (post-retirement). Basically sums up why the NCAA is doing very little about this. Supposedly part of his retirement was that he was tired of dealing with corruption and having kids ask him for money to sign them, instead of doing it because they want to play for that program.

JoeJoeBrown
07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
http://kentsterling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Urban-Meyer-on-Dan-Dakich-Show-on-NCAA-Problems.mp3

This is a great interview with Urban Meyer (post-retirement). Basically sums up why the NCAA is doing very little about this. Supposedly part of his retirement was that he was tired of dealing with corruption and having kids ask him for money to sign them, instead of doing it because they want to play for that program.

Yep, it's all about the money. That's why I want to just legitimize the professionalism of the game. The good old days aren't coming back. And the good old days were rife with cheating. The money was just a lot smaller.

WRT Meyer, he was probably super stressed out about trying to keep every dirty SOB playing at Florida (say 12 to 24 kids) and dirty booster (many of them) and dirty agents (many of those) all in line in addition to coaching a football team.

It's a stupid issue to even worry about. NFL coaches have much less stress from bs like this.

sbh15
07-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Yep, it's all about the money. That's why I want to just legitimize the professionalism of the game. The good old days aren't coming back. And the good old days were rife with cheating. The money was just a lot smaller.

WRT Meyer, he was probably super stressed out about trying to keep every dirty SOB playing at Florida (say 12 to 24 kids) and dirty booster (many of them) and dirty agents (many of those) all in line in addition to coaching a football team.

It's a stupid issue to even worry about. NFL coaches have much less stress from bs like this.

Yeah, I can't say I don't think Meyer participated, but he was definitely appalled coming from Utah to the SEC where you had to cheat to compete.

JoeJoeBrown
07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I can't say I don't think Meyer participated, but he was definitely appalled coming from Utah to the SEC where you had to cheat to compete.

It's sickening what the sport has devolved into. Rampant cheating, huge money, championship games, BCS retardedness, Game Day, etc...

Since it's already there, come up with some sort of pay for play system and implement a playoff.

BigJohn98
07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Lamarcus Joyner's uncle was pushing him to either Ohio State or Miami. He was never going anywhere but FSU.

sbh15
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Lamarcus Joyner's uncle was pushing him to either Ohio State or Miami. He was never going anywhere but FSU.

i'd be willing to bet he still got paid via some source. these kids aren't going to school for free when programs that are just as big are knocking on their doors with a couple hundred grand

JoeJoeBrown
07-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Rumors floating that some bad Bama news is going to hit this week as well.

Freaking crazy year.

sbh15
07-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Rumors floating that some bad Bama news is going to hit this week as well.

Freaking crazy year.

yes... excellent. everyone BUT florida! *knock on wood*

JoeJoeBrown
07-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Some Auburn stalker is going after Trent Richardson.

http://twitter.com/#!/WarBlogle/status/94258926912159744
http://twitpic.com/5ttc5d
http://twitter.com/#!/WarBlogle

sbh15
07-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Some Auburn stalker is going after Trent Richardson.

http://twitter.com/#!/WarBlogle/status/94258926912159744
http://twitpic.com/5ttc5d
http://twitter.com/#!/WarBlogle

why do i feel like this is developing into a new off the field college tactic? before we know college staffs are going to hire guys just to bust their rivals' players

JoeJoeBrown
07-22-2011, 08:57 AM
why do i feel like this is developing into a new off the field college tactic? before we know college staffs are going to hire guys just to bust their rivals' players

I think you are right. Hell, "SuperFans" are likely going to do the work for them for free.

It's really easy for people to go around and take pictures of violations and post them online. This crap happens everywhere. Is that what we've devolved into a society as? Spying on our neighbors to get them in trouble?

I'll Godwin the thread and say that's what the Nazi's did.

MassNole
07-23-2011, 06:26 AM
LMJ was offered money by OSU, FSU quickly disassociated themselves with Drummond and went through STA.

JoeJoeBrown
07-23-2011, 08:44 AM
LMJ was offered money by OSU, FSU quickly disassociated themselves with Drummond and went through STA.

I'm worried OSU offered him money. Obviously FSU outbid them regardless.

BigJohn98
07-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm worried OSU offered him money. Obviously FSU outbid them regardless.

How do we outbid for someone who was always going to FSU regardless?

sbh15
07-23-2011, 10:44 AM
How do we outbid for someone who was always going to FSU regardless?

if he was offered nothing by fsu and a good amount by osu, he'd be a buckeye right now

BuddyCHRIST
07-23-2011, 10:44 AM
The problem with the internet is random nobodies can post made up stuff and someone will take it as fact. The Lamarcus Joyner thing is complete crap and is someone trying to make a name for themselves.

sbh15
07-23-2011, 10:46 AM
you pay for play if you want to compete and joyner is just as involved as everyone else. you don't get a 5* recruit without paying these days. it just doesn't happen.

JoeJoeBrown
07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
you pay for play if you want to compete and joyner is just as involved as everyone else. you don't get a 5* recruit without paying these days. it just doesn't happen.

While I tend to agree with BuddyChrist's statement, I also agree with you. The recruits out there that want to get paid, get paid.

I've always been cynical about CFB and paid players, but now after this year, I'm very cynical. Way too many schools have a lot of smoke.

I still think this Lyles thing is going to blow up. And who knows what Y! is going to unload.

sbh15
07-23-2011, 10:54 AM
well yeah, nobody has any proof that joyner got paid, but you know he did and that's why people start the rumors. just like i know florida has paid for their five star recruits. sharrif floyd barely had enough money to make it to an all-american game, there's no way he didn't milk recruiting for some money.

JoeJoeBrown
07-23-2011, 11:26 AM
well yeah, nobody has any proof that joyner got paid, but you know he did and that's why people start the rumors. just like i know florida has paid for their five star recruits. sharrif floyd barely had enough money to make it to an all-american game, there's no way he didn't milk recruiting for some money.

Yep. Goes back to why not just let players get paid legitimately?

JoeJoeBrown
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Things heating up at Auburn. Danny Sherridan says the NCAA has a witness in the Cam Newton case.

Interesting. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/783907-auburn-football-according-to-danny-sheridan-the-axe-is-soon-to-fall-on-auburn)

JoeJoeBrown
08-09-2011, 02:39 PM
More smoke from Aggie-land. (http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2011/8/9/2353416/ags-to-sec-in-2012)Seems that the move to the SEC is likely.

Once again the twitterverse has exploded with rumors of Texas A&M moving to the SEC. The latest story is that lawyers representing A&M has sent a letter of intent to the SEC and that all the member schools have already voted to accept the Ags. I was under the impression that A&M would announce their intention to join the Southeastern Conference this spring. The Ags did not want any distractions during football season and definitely did not want to receive the "officiating" that Nebraska got during their farewell tour of the Big 12 last year. It looks like the timeline has been sped up. Billy Liucci is reporting that although the Ags are not going to make a move this week or the next, the wheels are definitely in motion.

As you may imagine, the Ags are worried about possible political backlash so they have been trying to keep this quiet. With the recent rumors that Tech has been talking to the Pac 12 about moving West (and likely taking OU and OSU with them) we may not have to deal as many issues with the legislature as some had thought. Right now I would guess that Missouri would try to go to the Big 10 again. Kansas and KSU will make a move for the Big East. Baylor will do everything they can to go to the Pac 12 with everyone else.
I think Tech's recent overtures to the Pac 12 are due to ESPN and the LHN offering Tech a deal to televise the Tech-tu game this year. Supposedly ESPN and the LHN offered Tech $5 million to televise the conference game this year, and the promise to televise games against Nevada and New Mexico in future years on the LHN. To his credit, Tech President Kent Hance turned down the offer. It is plain to see from their actions (and Liucci stated as much) that tu and ESPN fully intend to broadcast a second football game on the LHN this year, and intend to go forward with televising high school games. It does not matter what Deloss Dodds and his puppet Dan Beebe tell you, they are going to try to televise those games this year. If I were a tu alum I would be embarrassed by the lack of integrity from my athletic director.

I was impressed with Hance's actions and I hope that Tech is accepted into the Pac 12. I hope none of the other teams in the Big 12 agree to take ESPN's bribe and let the LHN televise one of their games with tu this year. It looks like everyone knows what kind of people they are dealing with now, and are acting accordingly. I hope we can get this process done shortly. The SEC is where we belong and is the best option for the future of Texas A&M.

proshoota25
08-09-2011, 03:09 PM
very interesting. i love reading about this kind of stuff. i would love to see the best football conference raid texas a&m and oklahoma..

JoeJoeBrown
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
very interesting. i love reading about this kind of stuff. i would love to see the best football conference raid texas a&m and oklahoma..

Oklahoma would do well. Likely in the top tier with the elite teams. A&M would be middle-lower tier.

The SEC would be even more stacked.

CashmoneyDrew
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it's mainly just a bunch of smoke being blown by TAMU fans and media at this point due to a couple of events recently that mainly have to do with recruiting. Slive doesn't seem like he cares to expand the SEC right now unless he's forced to.

BigJohn98
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Rumor has it that if Texas A&M does join the SEC, the SEC would then ask FSU to join, and the FSU coaches are all for it.

Please happen. I can't stand the way the ACC treats FSU.

sbh15
08-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Rumor has it that if Texas A&M does join the SEC, the SEC would then ask FSU to join, and the FSU coaches are all for it.

Please happen. I can't stand the way the ACC treats FSU.

yea, jimbo has been pushing in a big way to join the sec. i don't get it in terms of their championship chances, but i'd actually love to have fsu join. it would make the rivalry that much better.

Hurricanes25
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Losing FSU would be a huge loss for the ACC. The conference would get a lot weaker.

Cigaro
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
TAMU supposedly accepted the SEC invitation, will formally vote on it Aug. 22nd.

Sweeeettttt.

proshoota25
08-12-2011, 12:04 AM
TAMU supposedly accepted the SEC invitation, will formally vote on it Aug. 22nd.

Sweeeettttt.

where did you see this broo

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Aggie subscription based site is reporting it, so no link yet.

proshoota25
08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Aggie subscription based site is reporting it, so no link yet.

either way, this is huge if true. this starts the break up of the Big 12

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 12:19 AM
http://tamu.rivals.com/

It's just their rivals site. I think I read something about the same site reporting something similar last year, so I think this is a "wait and see" kind of thing.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 08:04 AM
http://tamu.rivals.com/

It's just their rivals site. I think I read something about the same site reporting something similar last year, so I think this is a "wait and see" kind of thing.

Here's some B1G schlub saying that the B1G is making a push for A&M so it will be easier to bring in UT and ND. This guy is supposedly an insider but he sounds FOS to me. Still, fun to discuss :)

His position about adding UT while letting them keep the Longhorn Network is rotten. Hope they wouldn't add UT if they did that.

Rumors (http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=161240718&mid=161240718&sid=901&style=2)

Today was a very busy day in Park Ridge. For the Big Ten, the writing has been on the wall: we're going to 16-team super-conferences.

Invitations to join the conference remain in the hands of the appropriate parties at Notre Dame and Texas. The Big Ten believes that Notre Dame will join once Texas joins the conference. Texas wishes to join the Big Ten with its Longhorn Network, as a non-participant in the Big Ten Network. This scenario remains feasible.

The Big Ten is now operating under the presumption that A&M currently plans to leave the Big XII for the SEC. However, there is haste to consider an invitation to A&M immediately. The message to A&M has not yet been met with adequate response by the relevant parties at A&M. Though an invitation has not been settled upon, one likely will soon be forthcoming to Texas A&M. The Chancellors and Presidents have a conference scheduled to give provisional approval to invite A&M to the conference. It is expected that the Big Ten Chancellors and Presidents will find that A&M would add a unique level of tradition and academic prestige to the conference.

Separately, A&M stands to benefit the most from joining the Big Ten conference. In particular, A&M would reap the benefits from the Big Ten Network - which Park Ridge thinks would vastly outweigh the benefits that A&M would receive from the SEC. In particular, the Big Ten Network's reach is and likely always will capture a vastly wider audience than the Longhorn Network, and with A&M's addition to the Big Ten, will include the geographic footprint of the entire state of Texas.

With regard to the benefits A&M stands to gain from Big Ten membership, the Big Ten feels that the Big Ten Network would obviously more than offset the competition for eyeballs of recruits in the state of Texas from the Longhorn Network. The terms of the offer given to Texas include the right for Texas to maintain and independently operate the Longhorn Network, and thus not share in the financial benefit of the BTN. (Texas would receive equal voting rights and treatment in all other operations and activities of the conference aside from participation in the BTN.)

If A&M left the Big XII for the SEC, the Big Ten believes that the resulting political circumstances in the state of Texas would enable the University of Texas to leave the Big XII to join the Big Ten conference, regardless of the decisions made by the other Texas universities (with regard to the Big XII conference).

The Big Ten is actively pursuing the relevant parties at A&M and expanding discussions. This week, for the first time since the conference explored expansion possibilities, the notion that Texas and Texas A&M could join the Big Ten instead of Texas and Notre Dame as members 13 and 14 were openly considered. In such circumstances, the Big Ten believes that once Texas and Texas A&M join the conference, Notre Dame almost certainly would immediately follow, and several universities are in consideration for the sixteenth member, as I mentioned on the Rock. Should Texas and Texas A&M commit simultaneously to the Big Ten, the Big Ten expects to jointly announce the addition of four teams total to create a 16 team conference shortly thereafter.

We're currently in a period of acceleration of activity much like that which came before the invitation extended to Nebraska. The Big Ten seems poised to act immediately if A&M responds to certain overtures.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like Florida State will be the next school invited by the SEC according to the Palm Beach Post

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31275207

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like Florida State will be the next school invited by the SEC according to the Palm Beach Post

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31275207

Yeah I saw that. Makes sense, but it will be a harder road to hoe for the Seminoles if they join the SEC.

Hopefully the mega-conference thing starts gaining momentum. A 2 loss season would be an accomplishment in a 16 team league like the SEC, Big10, and Pac12.

I get excited thinking about it.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I love college football realignment but hate the idea of super conferences. Conference should be 10-12 teams, not 16.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I love college football realignment but hate the idea of super conferences. Conference should be 10-12 teams, not 16.

If the game were like it was 20 years ago, I would agree. Stick with 10-12 teams and traditional bowls only.

With the current state of affairs, I'm all for professionalization and playoffs.

There is simply too much money to keep the genie in it's bottle.

iowatreat54
08-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's some B1G schlub saying that the B1G is making a push for A&M so it will be easier to bring in UT and ND. This guy is supposedly an insider but he sounds FOS to me. Still, fun to discuss :)

His position about adding UT while letting them keep the Longhorn Network is rotten. Hope they wouldn't add UT if they did that.

Rumors (http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=161240718&mid=161240718&sid=901&style=2)

The point I like best about the UT and ND talk by that guy, is that if it were to happen, he proposes letting UT keep the Longhorn Network. Yet, ND is supposed to give up the deal they have with NBC. While I know it's not apples to apples, does anyone really think ND would join a conference and give up one of their biggest perks, while another team joins at the same time and gets to keep essentially that same perk.

No way in hell, imo, does ND ever agree to something like that.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
The point I like best about the UT and ND talk by that guy, is that if it were to happen, he proposes letting UT keep the Longhorn Network. Yet, ND is supposed to give up the deal they have with NBC. While I know it's not apples to apples, does anyone really think ND would join a conference and give up one of their biggest perks, while another team joins at the same time and gets to keep essentially that same perk.

No way in hell, imo, does ND ever agree to something like that.

Yeah, I think he's full of **** (hence my FOS statement). But it's fun to think about :)

iowatreat54
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I think he's full of **** (hence my FOS statement). But it's fun to think about :)

Oh absolutely. I'm laughing at him (with you).

The only way ND joins is if they get their way and are the headliner of the addition. There's no way they join at the same time as someone like Texas, let alone while conceding something like that.

If they were to join with another team, it would be with somone like Mizzou or Rutgers, where ND would easily have all the headlines.

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Notre Dame would really be giving the Big East the middle finger by joining the Big Ten considering that they compete there in all other sports besides football. I wouldn't put it past them if they HAD to join a conference, in fact I can't see them doing anything else, but it would still be pretty funny. I doubt anyone can get Notre Dame to give up the independent status and the money and control it gives them. They've really got the best deal in the sports right now with the way they have things set up.

Wonder how the ACC and Big East will come out of all of this as well.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Notre Dame would really be giving the Big East the middle finger by joining the Big Ten considering that they compete there in all other sports besides football. I wouldn't put it past them if they HAD to join a conference, in fact I can't see them doing anything else, but it would still be pretty funny. I doubt anyone can get Notre Dame to give up the independent status and the money and control it gives them. They've really got the best deal in the sports right now with the way they have things set up.

Wonder how the ACC and Big East will come out of all of this as well.

In some ways they have a great deal. But wrt TV money, they make less than the B1G teams, Texas, and quite a bit of the SEC (I'm sure I'm missing teams, but you get the point).

When they re-up, they are going to still be second tier wrt money. They don't get the eyeballs that they used to.

I will laugh if they join the Big East. What a poor football conference, but it would suit their arrogance.

703SKINS202
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't think the Big East will survive, the ACC will likely go after WVU if they lose FSU and that would start a domino effect in the Big East.

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't think the Big East will survive, the ACC will likely go after WVU if they lose FSU and that would start a domino effect in the Big East.

I don't think West Virginia fits the ACC's academic profile very well at all. If you take that out of the equation it's a good fit for both sides, but I just can't see the ACC doing that.

It's a shame about the Big East if there is some sort of domino effect. I think they're headed in the right direction with the Villanova push...but there's just too many bad moves and slumping programs to make it all work. College football in the North East is going to be weaker and more divided than ever :/

proshoota25
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
these "superconferences" would have so much power and notoriety in them.... don't you think that would almost certainly make the NCAA change over to a playoff format? I don't think any teams could really run the table in these types of conferences....... and i think that would be great for college football.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Big East is supposedly going after Kansas and Kansas State but it would survive because of basketball. The football Big East schools aren't happy about all of this though. I'm still holding out hope Rutgers gets an invite to Big 10.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
these "superconferences" would have so much power and notoriety in them.... don't you think that would almost certainly make the NCAA change over to a playoff format? I don't think any teams could really run the table in these types of conferences....... and i think that would be great for college football.

The NCAA would love a playoff that they could run. They currently have no hand in the CFB post season for FBS teams. They run all of the other playoffs.

The good old boy system is what is keeping bowls alive. Presidents don't want to rock the gravy train and the bowl do everything they can (legal and illegal) to keep the conference and school decision makers happy.

The bowl system could still exist outside of the playoff system. If you aren't in the playoffs, go to a bowl.

Cigaro
08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Texas A&M moving their official vote up to this Monday.

And if they decide to move from Big 12, it will be to the SEC, plain and simple. No way they jump to Big 10.

Virginia Tech is now being reported as the accompanying team with TAMU.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't think West Virginia fits the ACC's academic profile very well at all. If you take that out of the equation it's a good fit for both sides, but I just can't see the ACC doing that.

It's a shame about the Big East if there is some sort of domino effect. I think they're headed in the right direction with the Villanova push...but there's just too many bad moves and slumping programs to make it all work. College football in the North East is going to be weaker and more divided than ever :/

Unfortunately, I think you are right. The academic profile of WVU is pretty poor (apologies to WVU grads) and I seriously doubt that the schools that make up the ACC would want them.

I do think Big East football is destined for the dumpster. The Northeast is, for whatever reason, terrible for football, despite having a lot of people.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Texas A&M moving their official vote up to this Monday.

And if they decide to move from Big 12, it will be to the SEC, plain and simple. No way they jump to Big 10.

Virginia Tech is now being reported as the accompanying team with TAMU.

Wow. VaTech to the SEC is a cool angle. Where did you hear that?

Agree with A&M to the SEC. Geographically it makes a whole lot of sense. The only way I could see them joining the B1G is if that made up UT scenario comes true.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Northeast is way more into the professional sports teams.

Cigaro
08-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow. VaTech to the SEC is a cool angle. Where did you hear that?

Agree with A&M to the SEC. Geographically it makes a whole lot of sense. The only way I could see them joining the B1G is if that made up UT scenario comes true.

Sources tell FRM that Virginia Tech is more likely to be the SEC's 14th team. Adds DC/Baltimore TV market, which equals more money.

Was posted on an SC forum, but after reading further into the thread, this came up;

View Post
TravHaney Travis Haney
RT @KyleTucker_CJ: Spoke to #Hokies AD Jim Weaver, who said no one from the SEC has contacted him "and I don't think they will."

TravHaney Travis Haney
RT @KyleTucker_CJ: And if the SEC did invite VT to join, Weaver said, "I think we would politely decline."

There's also the issue of whether VT could realistically join another conference without also UVA.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
After the dust settles I think the ACC survives untouched unless the Big Ten goes after Maryland, which is a possibility. Ultimately, the ACC will probably just expand to 14 teams due to the lack of top tier programs located in their footprint.

I see Pitt and WVU being added to the ACC.

The Big Ten targeting Syracuse, UConn, Kansas, and Kansas State (Cuse and UConn for the NYC market & the Kansas teams for basketball). Rutgers instead of KSU being a possibility because of the NYC market.

The SEC eventually getting Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Missouri.

The Pac 12 expanding to 14 with TCU and Texas Tech.

The remnants of programs then eventually forming a new league that looks like this:

Air Force
Baylor
Boise State
Houston
Iowa State
SMU
Southern Miss

Cincinnati
East Carolina
Louisville
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
USF

This new "mid-major" conference could be or could not be a BCS conference. Probably not, but who knows?

This is a possibility just because after all of the Big East football schools are split up between the other conferences that would leave the BE basketball schools together to form their own super basketball conference.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
After the dust settles I think the ACC survives untouched unless the Big Ten goes after Maryland, which is a possibility. Ultimately, the ACC will probably just expand to 14 teams due to the lack of top tier programs located in their footprint.

I see Pitt and WVU being added to the ACC.

The Big Ten targeting Syracuse, UConn, Kansas, and Kansas State (Cuse and UConn for the NYC market & the Kansas teams for basketball). Rutgers instead of KSU being a possibility because of the NYC market.

The SEC eventually getting Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Missouri.

The Pac 12 expanding to 14 with TCU and Texas Tech.

The remnants of programs then eventually forming a new league that looks like this:

Air Force
Baylor
Boise State
Houston
Iowa State
SMU
Southern Miss

Cincinnati
East Carolina
Louisville
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
USF

This new "mid-major" conference could be or could not be a BCS conference. Probably not, but who knows?

This is a possibility just because after all of the Big East football schools are split up between the other conferences that would leave the BE basketball schools together to form their own super basketball conference.

Not saying that it won't happen, but I'd be absolutely shocked if the B1G added those teams you listed. The only AAU school is Kansas. Nebraska was AAU and just got dropped (too much ag, not enough medicine). None of the schools are good at football. None of them are in big markets. Cuse and UConn might add NYC, but I doubt it. That's a pro sports town anyways.

And going to GiantsFan, I understand that the Northeast FANS love pro sports, but why don't kids play football? It's weird to me that there isn't much talent coming out of that area.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Not saying that it won't happen, but I'd be absolutely shocked if the B1G added those teams you listed. The only AAU school is Kansas. Nebraska was AAU and just got dropped (too much ag, not enough medicine). None of the schools are good at football. None of them are in big markets. Cuse and UConn might add NYC, but I doubt it. That's a pro sports town anyways.

And going to GiantsFan, I understand that the Northeast FANS love pro sports, but why don't kids play football? It's weird to me that there isn't much talent coming out of that area.

Best case scenario for the Big Ten if they wanted just AAU schools would be if they had a chance to invite Missouri, Rutgers, Pitt, and Kansas. Pitt would be a viable candidate to invite but Penn St will likely block that move. Rutgers doesn't offer much outside of women's basketball but it could bring in the NYC market.

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Northeast is way more into the professional sports teams.

The interest is here when the quality of play is high. What little football talent we have here has a tendency to drift to the South or to the West...and all of the big media markets here are split up conference wise, for the most part.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Huh no talent? I think NJ is 5th or 6th in most D1A football players which is incredible considering how small of a state we are. If you look at the NFL there are large amounts of players from NJ as well.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Best case scenario for the Big Ten if they wanted just AAU schools would be if they had a chance to invite Missouri, Rutgers, Pitt, and Kansas. Pitt would be a viable candidate to invite but Penn St will likely block that move. Rutgers doesn't offer much outside of women's basketball but it could bring in the NYC market.

Basketball team is up and comng and football should be much better after a blip last year. We're finally getting the NJ kids to stay home also which is going to help immensely.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Basketball team is up and comng and football should be much better after a blip last year. We're finally getting the NJ kids to stay home also which is going to help immensely.

I wasn't trying to belittle Rutgers at all. I love Greg Schiano as a coach but when compared to other teams on the market Rutgers ranks below them. If a conference like what I posted above would come together then Rutgers could be loads more competitive than they have been in recent years.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I wasn't trying to belittle Rutgers at all. I love Greg Schiano as a coach but when compared to other teams on the market Rutgers ranks below them. If a conference like what I posted above would come together then Rutgers could be loads more competitive than they have been in recent years.

I know you weren't, I was just trying to state my case as to why Rutgers would be a good addition. We 100% need to show more on the field and the court though in upcoming years.

diabsoule
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I know you weren't, I was just trying to state my case as to why Rutgers would be a good addition. We 100% need to show more on the field and the court though in upcoming years.

Next year LSU plays Rutgers in the SEC/Big East basketball challenge. CRIPPLE FIGHT!

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Next year LSU plays Rutgers in the SEC/Big East basketball challenge. CRIPPLE FIGHT!

We should romp you with the top 10 class as soph's plus Wally Judge. We'll see though. The Rutgers football OOC gets a little serious also finally with Penn State, Miami, and Cal all coming up soon.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Huh no talent? I think NJ is 5th or 6th in most D1A football players which is incredible considering how small of a state we are. If you look at the NFL there are large amounts of players from NJ as well.

New Jersey is actually middle of the pack. (http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1182411)

45 recruits last year which puts them at the 15th most. Players in D1 per high school players is straight up middle of the pack (22nd).

If you look at the ratios, they are terrible for the North East. New York has 38k kids playing HS ball, yet only 29 are in D1.

Big East states in general are rotten. I just don't get it. The humans can't be that much different, it's got to be the systems and the culture (i.e. no desire to play).

But yes, of a bunch of terrible football states, New Jersey is respectable.

Hopefully the money that is pouring into Rutgers athletics can take them to a consistently higher level. They would be a great addition to the B1G if they could do that.

Diab, I don't think Pitt has a chance (academics). Mizzou and Rutgers, in that order. Delaney has also proven that they will overlook the academics to a point if you bring the rep and eyeballs.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Playoffs? The winds are changing!

B1G and Pac-12 ADs favor a Plus-One format. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2015896289_proposal13.html)

Complex
08-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Texas A&M going to the SEC. Hope Florida State follows, I wonder what Miami will do.

JoeJoeBrown
08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
DannySheridan1 Danny Sheridan

I've been told the name of the person the NCAA feels allegedly paid Cecil Newton & where witness is. more when on @finebaum this week.

Things are heating up...

JoeJoeBrown
08-14-2011, 10:01 PM
And it looks like the big Y! story may be about Da U. (http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/blog/2010/08/nevin_shapiro_may_tattle_on_hurricanes.html)

Alleged Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro is creating a storm – or should I say hurricane? – of controversy this week by promising to tattle on the University of Miami's athletics program.
In July, a federal grand jury in New Jersey indicted the former owner of Miami Beach-based Capitol Investments USA on charges he allegedly oversaw an $880 million Ponzi scheme linked to his wholesale grocery distribution business. Investor losses are believed to be more than $80 million.
The indictment alleges Capitol Investments had no active wholesale grocery business for years and that Shapiro used new investor funds to pay off previous investors, as well as to fund his own lavish lifestyle.
On Tuesday, The Miami Herald published a story saying Shapiro plans to write a book about alleged NCAA violations at the school, where he once was considered a major donor. Shapiro’s name was on the student-athlete lounge.
The name of the book will be, according to Shapiro's attorney, "The Real U: 2001 to 2010. Inside the Eye of the Hurricane."
Shapiro has indicated he will plead guilty to criminal charges against him at a hearing set for Sept. 19.
The University of Miami’s official athletics website once described Shapiro as "an ardent, devoted, intense supporter."
Shapiro’s attorney, Maria Elena Perez, said in an email that Shapiro "could have very well used all the money he donated to the University of Miami for his own use, but instead he donated it for the good of the university's athletic program."
Supposedly, Shapiro is writing the tell-all book to help raise money for victims of his grocery diversion scam.

YAYareaRB
08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/photo/79/79913-StopSnitchingTop.jpg

JoeJoeBrown
08-14-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/photo/79/79913-StopSnitchingTop.jpg

This whole house of NCAA cards has a chance of falling apart.

I mean, if USC and OSU are dirty, what does it make some of these southern powerhouses that are so professional that they don't even pretend to care about the "student" part of "student athletes"?

Ugly times ahead. Least excited this year about CFB that I've ever been. So much scandal and vitriol and hypocrisy.

draftguru151
08-15-2011, 07:43 AM
To say that dude is scum of the Earth would be an insult to scum of the Earth.

JoeJoeBrown
08-15-2011, 01:21 PM
To say that dude is scum of the Earth would be an insult to scum of the Earth.

He's about to become even more hated.

Lawyer confirms. (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/lawyer-for-convicted-felon-confirms-ncaa-to-talk-to-miami/)

And let's see if the ****s at ESPN and the rest of the media start blabbing about this 24/7 and sending reporters down to Miami to camp out and sniff out more details.

Following up on a report that surfaced very late Sunday night, the lawyer for former Miami booster and convicted Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro has gone on the record to confirm that the NCAA will visit the Coral Gables school Monday.

The purpose of the visit by the NCAA will be to investigate claims made by Shapiro that numerous former and, most importantly, current members of the Hurricanes football program had committed NCAA violations. Specifically, Shapiro has alleged that he, the Miami Herald writes, “gave gifts and services – such as use of a yacht – to former Hurricane football players while they were attending UM.”

“It’s not about giving money – it’s about giving favors,” Shapiro’s attorney, Maria Elena Perez, told the Herald. “It’s giving suits, giving jewelry, paying for entertainment, letting them use his boat twice a week.”

Perez told the paper that she has yet to total the amount of gifts and services her client allegedly gave to the players, although she said it’s “well over thousands of dollars.” For example, Perez stated that it cost $2,000 just to fuel the yacht referred to earlier.

Perez also confirmed that her client has spoken to the NCAA and provided them with a list of players he allegedly provided impermissible benefits to; the list of players contained “well over a dozen but less than 100″ names. Additionally, Perez provided the NCAA with documentation — which may include “photos, phone records, credit card statements and bills” — to verify her client’s claims.

“Nevin agreed to cooperate with the federal government [before and after sentencing],” Perez said. “He had to cooperate with the bankruptcy trustee, and they investigated where the investor money went. A lot of the misconduct involved UM. He’s trying to make his victims whole and he has to explain where the money went.”

Shapiro was convicted of running a $930 million Ponzi scheme that left upwards of 60 victims with losses totaling over $80 million. He was sentenced in June to 20 years in federal prison, and has been ordered to repay $82.7 million, which is partly the reason why he’s writing a book concerning the allegations he’s made against The U football program.

After Shapiro donated nearly $150,000 to the university, an athletics lounge was named in his honor at the school. Upon his arrest in April of 2010, however, Shapiro’s name was stripped from the lounge and the university returned just over $130,000 of his donation.

Rabscuttle
08-15-2011, 03:29 PM
If know that if I'm the AD/coach of the school Seantrell Henderson transfers to next, I would be considering suicide.

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/CharlesRobinson/status/103499321923747843

@CharlesRobinson
Charles Robinson
Coming up for air soon. Sit tight.

Interesting. Is it Miami? Or is it something else entirely? This is likely his "10 out of 10" story.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
If Shapiro is the 10 out of 10 story I'm gonna be very disappointed. Thought it might actually do something for college football.

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
If Shapiro is the 10 out of 10 story I'm gonna be very disappointed. Thought it might actually do something for college football.

Twitterverse is telling me that he gave gifts to players in the $10k range.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
If he was giving players 10k of stolen money, I think someone more important than the NCAA would be talking to UM players, probably sometime a year ago when he first started this trash to get money for his book.

If Shapiro was providing benefits (which he probably did), it was in the beginning of the decade, when Butch Davis and Paul Dee were running the show. Larry Coker wouldn't know the guy if he was staring him in the face, Randy hated the dude and made sure Shapiro and everyone else knew it. Shapiro is just a little punk who is trying to get back at the cool kids who wouldn't be friend with him. Ugh this whole situation irks me so much because of how much people are taking this dirtbag seriously. Freaking three weeks from the season and I have to read this trash when I should be obsessing over interceptions in practice.

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 01:40 PM
If he was giving players 10k of stolen money, I think someone more important than the NCAA would be talking to UM players, probably sometime a year ago when he first started this trash to get money for his book.

If Shapiro was providing benefits (which he probably did), it was in the beginning of the decade, when Butch Davis and Paul Dee were running the show. Larry Coker wouldn't know the guy if he was staring him in the face, Randy hated the dude and made sure Shapiro and everyone else knew it. Shapiro is just a little punk who is trying to get back at the cool kids who wouldn't be friend with him. Ugh this whole situation irks me so much because of how much people are taking this dirtbag seriously. Freaking three weeks from the season and I have to read this trash when I should be obsessing over interceptions in practice.

Welcome to an OSU fan's world.

I'm with you, though, I was hoping the Robinson story was about some other program and something a lot more organized (i.e. pay for play system). It still might be for all that we know.

bearsfan_51
08-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Even if it happened 10 years ago, Miami benefited by using illegal (both by NCAA and legal standards) practices. I agree that it sucks for the fans of the Hurricanes, and it will likely suck for Al Golden, who had nothing to do with it, but Miami the football program is going to face serious sanctions if these charges are found to be true.

On a related note, I think this may put the final nail in the college coaching career of Butch Davis, if it wasn't dead already.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
If it happened more than 4 years ago there is nothing the NCAA can do, and the time frame of the stuff being said is 3-6. I think Randy Phillips was the only name I've read that was even on the team in the past 4 years. Hester, Beason, Kyle Wright were a few of the other names. And that's even if anything this guy is saying isn't complete ********.

This stuff started last August. Miami asked for any proof, Shapiro had none. Miami has been investigating it for a full year, has found nothing.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Story from Yahoo. (http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_08 1611)

bearsfan_51
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Wasn't Miami already under suspension of some sorts during this time? I know they were being investigated.

The NCAA is such a toothless organization.

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, Miami is screwed. I guess it's a 10 from the perspective of evidence and scale, of which there is copious amounts, including stuff within the past 4 years.

It's not a 10 because everyone knows that the U was always a hot bed of dirt.

BTW, this Robinson guy is a real journalist. Impressive work this year, with complete, high quality reports highlighting scandals at OSU and UM.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Well, ****.

Rabscuttle
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Move over SMU, you've been one-upped.

Lack of institutional control doesn't begin to describe what is contained in that article.

Hurricanes25
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I really feel bad for Al Golden. He got himself into a BAD situation.

TACKLE
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Well, ****.

diabsoule
08-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Miami is screwed. I guess it's a 10 from the perspective of evidence and scale, of which there is copious amounts, including stuff within the past 4 years.

It's not a 10 because everyone knows that the U was always a hot bed of dirt.

BTW, this Robinson guy is a real journalist. Impressive work this year, with complete, high quality reports highlighting scandals at OSU and UM.

Charles Robinson and Dan Wetzel are two of the best.

If 50% of this is true about Miami then they are about to be the first team since SMU to get the death penalty.

ElectricEye
08-16-2011, 07:16 PM
...that's pretty rough stuff right there. Feel really bad for Miami fans and Al Golden, as already mentioned. Something serious is going to have to come out of that.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
RIP Miami

When they launch an entire new web section for you, it's over. Charles Robinson just released his masterpiece

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations

J52
08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
To be as bad as Miami was during this duration and do as poorly as they did in recruiting... does anybody believe that any team in the top 25 is legit anymore?

College free agency probably pays more then NFL free agency.

ryno626
08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
He wanted to fight the associate director of compliance! That is awesome

niel89
08-16-2011, 08:10 PM
To be as bad as Miami was during this duration and do as poorly as they did in recruiting... does anybody believe that any team in the top 25 is legit anymore?

College free agency probably pays more then NFL free agency.

Honestly I believe its less that 7 teams.

diabsoule
08-16-2011, 08:32 PM
If all of these accusations prove true for Miami, or even half of them are true, and they are handed the death penalty (which would seem assured given the depth of the charges) does the ACC kick them out of the conference?

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 08:42 PM
If all of these accusations prove true for Miami, or even half of them are true, and they are handed the death penalty (which would seem assured given the depth of the charges) does the ACC kick them out of the conference?

Are they on probation already? If they are then the death penalty could come into play.

diabsoule
08-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Are they on probation already? If they are then the death penalty could come into play.

Yeah, they are stemming from something that happened in 2008, iirc.

Rabscuttle
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Who gave the order for the compliance officer (Reed) to stop investigating Shapiro and not report that one of their boosters was a partner in an agency that was using his position as a booster to nab clients. (Wilfork, Beason) This goes at least as high as the AD with that decision. How much higher?

Over/under on Shalala "resigning" before all is said and done?

bearsfan_51
08-16-2011, 08:53 PM
...that's pretty rough stuff right there. Feel really bad for Miami fans and Al Golden, as already mentioned. Something serious is going to have to come out of that.
I don't mean this as anything personal against Miami fans, but I don't exactly feel sorry for them. It's not like anyone didn't already at least assume this was going on, even their fans. You take the good with the bad. You like a team that cheats to win, you suffer the consequences when they get caught.

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Any Chance NCAA puts in a pay to play type program now with all these teams getting busted lately.

draftguru151
08-16-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't mean this as anything personal against Miami fans, but I don't exactly feel sorry for them. It's not like anyone didn't already at least assume this was going on, even their fans. You take the good with the bad. You like a team that cheats to win, you suffer the consequences when they get caught.

I'm fairly sure we cheated to be average.

bearsfan_51
08-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm still not entirely set to pass judgement though. There is so much that's just the word of some guy. I fully expect most of it to be true, but that doesn't mean anything is proven.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
True, but lets be honest, it is true. Tyrone Moss already has come forward and said he took money and knew of other players who did the same.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. I feel like I had heard this before though, so it is surprisingly not new to me. I'm not going to throw out the 'everyone does it', but it is crazy the number of teams getting called on these types of things recently.

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 10:37 PM
True, but lets be honest, it is true. Tyrone Moss already has come forward and said he took money and knew of other players who did the same.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. I feel like I had heard this before though, so it is surprisingly not new to me. I'm not going to throw out the 'everyone does it', but it is crazy the number of teams getting called on these types of things recently.

Yeah, everyone should not be so quick to pass judgement. About a dozen bs allegations were thrown out at OSU after the initial JT story early this year. None of them stuck. They were digging for crap like this for months and they didn't find a thing. They may still, but I doubt it.

This stuff makes OSU look like amateur hour.

There is a ridiculous amount of evidence here though, so much to sort through.

Also agree that this goes on at a vast majority of the major programs. Most probably aren't this insane (prostitutes and yachts?), but just as bad wrt money amounts.

I mean, if someone with Robinson's tenacity and aptitude hit any major program the same way that they just hit Miami and OSU, there would be a major collapse of most of the SEC and parts of the Big12, Big10, and Pac12.

This is why I've been saying forever that CFB needs to professionalize. Take the money and favor giving out of the dirtball's hands. However they do it (I prefer a two tiered take the scholarship or take outside cash method), it will clean up the game.

dannyz
08-16-2011, 10:38 PM
The NCAA is stupid. If they really looked into it they could probably get every major D1 School on some Infraction or something they are doing wrong.

diabsoule
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
With the way Yahoo is doing their investigating it could lead to most every major program in college football being implicated on one or multiple charges

JoeJoeBrown
08-16-2011, 11:10 PM
With the way Yahoo is doing their investigating it could lead to most every major program in college football being implicated on one or multiple charges

Yeah, these Y! guys are top notch.

Just reminds me about how much I freaking HATE ESPN. The only time I use their service is to watch sporting events.

I hope more and more people see how poorly they do their jobs. There are few decent reporters and a couple of analysts, but on the whole they are lazy, complacent, and too often just dumb.

SI should be embarrassed. They purport to be sports journalists, yet they haven't done CFB real work in ages. I don't mind Mandel, and I think Staples has some potential and is fair. But their in-depth research is still severely lacking.

Back to the topic, the more I think about it, the more I think Miami has an outside shot at the Death Penalty. Their small size, small fan base, and lack of compliance over the past three decades gives the NCAA more leeway to make them an example.

wogitalia
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
So Hester confirmed that Shapiro was working as a runner as well...

Not looking good for Miami at all.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't happening at every major college though, just too much money involved for teams not to be doing it, is the NCAA going to implode itself or what?

Realistically they should just wipe the last 20 years and take a MLB to steroids approach. Everyone knows that everyone cheated, just wipe the slate clean, fix the rules and go forward from there.

khorn
08-17-2011, 06:04 AM
My favorite was the $500 he gave to the stripper/prostitute to have an abortion cause "the idiot [player] would have probably wanted to keep it".

SolidGold
08-17-2011, 09:05 AM
I wonder if this latest investigation has alot of college ADs shaking in their boots.

etk
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM

You always hate on Miami, so this is no surprise. Usually you're at least reasonable about it though. This is ridiculous. We cheated to win what exactly? These violations occurred during the downfall of the program under Larry Coker.

How does the cheating help us win? Shapiro admitted that Miami couldn't get into bidding wars over recruits because the public SEC schools would win every time. His story is about giving benefits to players that are already on the team. I don't see how taking players to strip clubs, VIP lounges, and yachts and stuffing them full of booze helps our chances of winning.

If you're opposed to players receiving illegal benefits, that's fine, but don't pretend like Shapiro was doing this for the betterment of the team. If you're worried about competition levels and "cheating to win" look at the SEC, Oregon, FSU and Clemson (among others). Those are the schools that are knee-deep in duffel bags of cash. Miami is a bit player in the buy-a-recruit landscape.

It goes without saying for an educated adult like yourself, but next time think before you post.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2011, 09:35 AM
If you're worried about competition levels and "cheating to win" look at the SEC, Oregon, FSU and Clemson (among others). Those are the schools that are knee-deep in duffel bags of cash. Miami is a bit player in the buy-a-recruit landscape.

1) Totally agree with the schools that you listed and then some. Also, the coverage of this stuff is terribly uneven. How the hell is Oregon getting off so light in the national media? (Oh that's right, ESPN doesn't want to piss of Nike).

2) I'm sorry, but Miami is not a bit player. Maybe down south where it seems that everyone cheats (to win or to lose) it might seem small potatoes, but you can't say that he didn't help recruit a ton of players to Miami with his largesse. You are talking about millions of dollars (allegedly). That's a lot of cheating.

draftguru151
08-17-2011, 09:41 AM
It really didn't have much to do with recruiting. He paid for drinks at a bowling alley, he wasn't handing out 75 grand in cash to kids.

YAYareaRB
08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
yeah they didnt buy a 6'5" 250 lb stolen computer buying quarterback to win them a championship

diabsoule
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM
If you're opposed to players receiving illegal benefits, that's fine, but don't pretend like Shapiro was doing this for the betterment of the team. If you're worried about competition levels and "cheating to win" look at the SEC, Oregon, FSU and Clemson (among others). Those are the schools that are knee-deep in duffel bags of cash. Miami is a bit player in the buy-a-recruit landscape.

You forgot Ohio State and UNC.

Also, I don't think Vanderbilt is cheating to win and last I checked LSU has ran a relatively clean program since Les Miles arrived. Any infraction has been swiftly dealt with by the athletic department and coaching staff.

Do I think they help out the student athletes by giving them more than they need? Absolutely and I would say every single college football program in a BCS conference does the same. Hell, probably even further than a BCS conference. Southeastern La Univ, my alma-mater, gave away vehicles to highly recruited players that chose to play for them.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/ACC/Da_End.gif

etk, you're a homer to the dying end. Funny.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2011, 11:49 AM
It really didn't have much to do with recruiting. He paid for drinks at a bowling alley, he wasn't handing out 75 grand in cash to kids.

He also said that he took recruits to clubs and strip clubs. With coaches.

MidwayMonster31
08-17-2011, 11:52 AM
There really needs to be an independent committee to unify all of the rules and simplify them. If schools set their own rules, you are going to be seeing a lot of these things. Now that the big programs are starting to fall, there could be changes coming soon.
Boosters might have the most power when it comes to recruiting.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Even if the rules need to be simplified, that has NOTHING to do with this case. It's not as if the Miami coaches (plural) didn't know that you shouldn't have people buying prostitutes for your players.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Also, I don't think Vanderbilt is cheating to win and last I checked LSU has ran a relatively clean program since Les Miles arrived. Any infraction has been swiftly dealt with by the athletic department and coaching staff.

Do I think they help out the student athletes by giving them more than they need? Absolutely and I would say every single college football program in a BCS conference does the same. Hell, probably even further than a BCS conference. Southeastern La Univ, my alma-mater, gave away vehicles to highly recruited players that chose to play for them.

I'm just thankful that OSU pales in comparison to UNC, USC, and Miami. (Also, with everyone sniffing OSU's arse for 9 months, I feel pretty good that things aren't worse. Or that wagons are circled well. Probably the latter.)

I've heard that the FBI is definitely all over Auburn and that they are sniffing around Alabama. Those may be the next to fall. But who knows?

If they are, it will be interesting to see how ESECPN covers those affairs.

sbh15
08-17-2011, 12:17 PM
can someone implicate eddie gran in something already? that would seriously make my year

703SKINS202
08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe Shapiro didn't buy recruits straight up but you can't tell me that this isn't a form of persuading reruits:

"benefits to athletes included but were not limited to cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and, on one occasion, an abortion."Not trying to hate on you but don't act like all he was doing was picking up a bar tab at a bowling alley every now and then.

BigJohn98
08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
. If you're worried about competition levels and "cheating to win" look at the SEC, Oregon, FSU and Clemson (among others). Those are the schools that are knee-deep in duffel bags of cash.

What have we done lately? Enlighten me.

sbh15
08-17-2011, 01:07 PM

stop acting like your **** don't stink because you haven't been caught. fsu (and florida for that matter so you know i'm not being a homer) is waist deep in this ****. maybe not to the point of miami, but in modern cfb, you don't win a bcs title without breaking the rules. it's like steroids - take the risk and reap the benefits or do it the right way and risk falling behind

Cudders
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM

You seriously can't be that naive, can you?

If we are to believe that Florida State is clean as a whistle -- like you would have us -- then care to explain the Seminoles' explosion of star-studded classes lately? Is it simply because all these kids want to be a part of a resurgent program with fresh blood at the helm? Because a lot of the other top-tier programs look more enticing from a recruit's perspective. Plenty of schools appear ready to pay for a player's services. Even Miami, an in-state rival and recruiting competitor, looks better to me if I'm eighteen and a potential recruit. You're telling me that I can party in multi-million dollar mansions, take yachts out for joyrides whenever I feel like it, frequent fancy nightclubs, get special treatment at strip joints, indulge in all the prostitutes my teenage heart desires, and receive other big-ticket items like cars or jewelry or televisions as long as I ask nicely? Okay. Where do I sign my letter of intent?

Please. The vast majority of kids don't pick schools on the merits of their academic credentials or program tradition or their status as a title contender. They pick them based on the services the school can offer.

Some are worse than others, but every major college football program is dirty. You don't get to be a national powerhouse by playing by the rules nowadays. The U. Ohio State. USC. Oregon. Auburn. North Carolina. LSU. Alabama. Florida. Florida State. Clemson. Oklahoma. Texas. The list could go on and on and on. The bottom-line is that big-time glamour athletics (basketball and football) are full of these kinds of illicit improprieties. Anyone who still believes their school is clean is either willfully ignorant to the ugly realities of college football or an insufferable homer. You can take your pick.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Please. The vast majority of kids don't pick schools on the merits of their academic credentials or program tradition or their status as a title contender. They pick them based on the services the school can offer.

Some are worse than others, but every major college football program is dirty. You don't get to be a national powerhouse by playing by the rules nowadays. The U. Ohio State. USC. Oregon. Auburn. North Carolina. LSU. Alabama. Florida. Florida State. Clemson. Oklahoma. Texas. The list could go on and on and on.
1) If by "kids" you mean 4 and 5 star recruits, then sure.

2) With that said, no, I think your list basically stops there. You could add a few more SEC teams (Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee). I don't think schools like Minnesota, Syracuse, and Wisconsin are buying prostitutes for their kids.

Cudders
08-17-2011, 03:07 PM
1) If by "kids" you mean 4 and 5 star recruits, then sure.

Which I do. That statement was made in reference to Florida State's recent success on the recruiting trail and the kind of dubious wooing that blue-chippers experience on campus visits. Two and three-star prospects aren't generally prized commodities at the money-making programs, so they're not exposed to that kind of activity.

2) With that said, no, I think your list basically stops there. You could add a few more SEC teams (Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee). I don't think schools like Minnesota, Syracuse, and Wisconsin are buying prostitutes for their kids.

I also wouldn't consider schools like Minnesota and Syracuse national powerhouses in football.

Also, Georgia, Arkansas, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, and Notre Dame could also be added. "On and on and on" might have been hyperbole, but that's another dozen schools right there.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I guess it depends on what you mean by dirty. Are players getting free gifts and **** at schools like Georgia and Nebraska? Probably. But I think if Miami isn't alone in the degree of their rule-breaking, the number of other programs with this extent of corruption are very limited. This type of corruption is off the charts.

Saints-Tigers
08-17-2011, 03:39 PM

They want to make it seem like the SEC is worse because the SEC being so good still bothers them.

Giving players benefits is so far from cheating that I can't believe fans are taking some sort of moral stance on this.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
They want to make it seem like the SEC is worse because the SEC being so good still bothers them.

Giving players benefits is so far from cheating that I can't believe fans are taking some sort of moral stance on this.
It's against the rules. If you break the rules, you're cheating.

Also, the reason people blame the SEC moreso may be in part due to jealousy, but I think it has more to do with the issues related to oversigning and the fact that the SEC seems to have no standards whatsoever when it comes to admitting players.

Saints-Tigers
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Breaking a rule=/= cheating.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
http://zoenarao.wikispaces.com/file/view/english_dictionary(zoenarao_wiki).jpg/72524225/english_dictionary(zoenarao_wiki).jpg

Check it out.

draftguru151
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Maybe Shapiro didn't buy recruits straight up but you can't tell me that this isn't a form of persuading reruits:

Not trying to hate on you but don't act like all he was doing was picking up a bar tab at a bowling alley every now and then.

Those things were for current players, not recruits (for the most part). There were a few mentions of recruits in the report (Dye, Armstrong, Vernon, Brown brothers), but for the most part, Shapiro was spending money on current players so they'd be friends with him.

And Diab LSU has been clean in the sense that they haven't gotten in trouble, but they pay for players, just like everyone else.

diabsoule
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Those things were for current players, not recruits (for the most part). There were a few mentions of recruits in the report (Dye, Armstrong, Vernon, Brown brothers), but for the most part, Shapiro was spending money on current players so they'd be friends with him.

And Diab LSU has been clean in the sense that they haven't gotten in trouble, but they pay for players, just like everyone else.

They pay for their tuition, yes, and their room and board. LSU is squeaky clean. Like a newborn's buttocks. And it's a beautiful program just like a newborn's buttocks are.

djp
08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
They pay for their tuition, yes, and their room and board. LSU is squeaky clean. Like a newborn's buttocks. And it's a beautiful program just like a newborn's buttocks are.

Arizona's first round pick disagrees with that statement.

Either way, it's horrible and devastating news. The biggest problem with the whole thing to me is that assistant coaches were supposedly bringing these kids to this goon's house... did they knowingly break the rules or just not know about them? Regardless, that is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back if UM does indeed get a swift backhand from the NCAA.

It sounds like after Coker left, the improper benefits definitely slowed down but obviously they did not stop.. if the president of the university is taking checks from this guy, how are 18-21 year old kids (most from inner city Miami who grew up in near poverty) supposed to say no? There is blame here to fall on everyone but the fact that the administration and/or staff let this go on for so long is just incomprehensibly stupid to me.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
http://zoenarao.wikispaces.com/file/view/english_dictionary(zoenarao_wiki).jpg/72524225/english_dictionary(zoenarao_wiki).jpg

Check it out.

You need to go easy on him, bear. They don't take English until the 17th grade in Louisiana. I kid, I kid.

And yes, giving kids money, tats, services, prostitutes, drugs, alcohol, etc... is cheating.

This stuff isn't going to stop until the presidents, ADs, and coaches feel some real pain.

Cudders
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I guess it depends on what you mean by dirty. Are players getting free gifts and **** at schools like Georgia and Nebraska? Probably. But I think if Miami isn't alone in the degree of their rule-breaking, the number of other programs with this extent of corruption are very limited. This type of corruption is off the charts.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The type of corruption that has surfaced at Miami is absolutely off the charts. I would be genuinely surprised if more than a few schools had boosters this entrenched in improprieties, considering Shapiro provided such an extraordinarily lavish lifestyle for players at The U. Programs like Georgia and Nebraska are bit players in comparison. You can't exactly entice players in Athens or Lincoln with luxurious trips aboard yachts or show them VIP treatment in one of the hottest cities for nightlife in the world. That said, I still believe plenty of illicit things happen at programs like Georgia and Nebraska, just not to such a grossly extravagant degree.

Cudders
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM

I would be willing to bet that LSU is just as guilty as other powerhouse programs are. The Patrick Peterson pay-for-play scandal is still very much in the rear-view mirror. And, if the Yahoo! investigative team keeps digging and targeting dirty institutions, they'll certainly uncover more and more of them with time.

Rabscuttle
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
The ironic thing is that Shapiro is doing this as payback because none of these players showed him any gratitude in return when he actually needed a friend. He found out that the players he paid to be his friends were truly just gold digging whores, not one of which were smart enough to do him a solid which may have kept his mouth shut. No honour among thieves goes both ways for everyone calling this guy a snitch. DaU's selfish brats brought this weasel's wrath upon themselves' and their program.

diabsoule
08-17-2011, 04:39 PM
The ironic thing is that Shapiro is doing this as payback because none of these players showed him any gratitude in return when he actually needed a friend. He found out that the players he paid to be his friends were truly just gold digging whores, not one of which were smart enough to do him a solid which may have kept his mouth shut. No honour among thieves goes both ways for everyone calling this guy a snitch. DaU's selfish brats brought this weasel's wrath upon themselves' and their program.

You ain't saying that they's a gold digga but they ain't messing with no broke, broke..

diabsoule
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I would be willing to bet that LSU is just as guilty as other powerhouse programs are. The Patrick Peterson pay-for-play scandal is still very much in the rear-view mirror. And, if the Yahoo! investigative team keeps digging and targeting dirty institutions, they'll certainly uncover more and more of them with time.

Oh no doubt. I even made that same comment previously in the thread. Every institution will have dirt on them for something or another but it's how deep the dirt goes that is the biggest shocker at Miami right now. This is quite possibly the biggest scandal in college football history.

draftguru151
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Arizona's first round pick disagrees with that statement.

Either way, it's horrible and devastating news. The biggest problem with the whole thing to me is that assistant coaches were supposedly bringing these kids to this goon's house... did they knowingly break the rules or just not know about them? Regardless, that is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back if UM does indeed get a swift backhand from the NCAA.

It sounds like after Coker left, the improper benefits definitely slowed down but obviously they did not stop.. if the president of the university is taking checks from this guy, how are 18-21 year old kids (most from inner city Miami who grew up in near poverty) supposed to say no? There is blame here to fall on everyone but the fact that the administration and/or staff let this go on for so long is just incomprehensibly stupid to me.

That's probably the main thing I'm having trouble believing right now. Jeff Stoutland took Matt Patchan and his family (including his dad and freaking played here) to this scumbag's house? Under Randy Shannon's nose when he said anyone associating with him would be fired (likely one of the dozen reasons Clint Hurtt was allowed to "find another job")? Seriously? Every single detail of that situation is hard to believe. If Stoutland is a dirty coach there isn't a single person in college football I'll believe to be clean.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh good, I was hoping that someone would ask Michael Irvin what he thinks. Obviously, what this situation needs now is the opinion of an insane cokehead.

diabsoule
08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
ESPN asked T. Boone Pickens what his opinion is on college football realignment. ESPN really has the most relevant guests and asks the hard-hitting questions.

proshoota25
08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
what percentage would you put on miami getting "the death penalty?"

draftguru151
08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Robert Marve and Orson Charles have been cleared by the NCAA.

draftguru151
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Bryce and Arthur Brown cleared as well. Lot of accusations about current players are getting torn apart atm. Former player who is in the NFL said Shapiro tried to extort him after being arrested. Also reiterated how clear Shannon made it to stay away from Shapiro.

Jeff Godfrey cleared too.

wogitalia
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
The only reason this seems so sensational is because a booster actually came out and confessed and because of the opulence that is related with Miami's nightlife.

Anyone who doesn't think this sort of thing happens at every major college is just burying their head in the sand. It's just like steroids in baseball, if the NCAA investigates everyone, everyone will be guilty. Far easier to pick a few programs that haven't won anything recently and punish them, especially after how stupid they looked with the whole USC thing. Hence targetting OSU, UNC and now Miami since.

Hit them hard and then fix the rules and pretend it never happened.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Anyone who doesn't think this sort of thing happens at every major college is just burying their head in the sand.
That's a ridiculous and totally unfounded statement. And you can't even compared Miami's situation to Ohio State. It's the difference between shooting someone and punching them.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Too bad the cleared guys not from Miami....

Some of the stuff is pretty petty. For Tavares Gooden it was buying dinner and such on his birthday....pretty bush.

Some of the stuff is just garbage, however obviously the prostitutes, straight cash, abortion, rims, etc. I can't promote...

YAYareaRB
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
im sure theres a former cane in prison waiting to pat shapiro on the back..with a prison shank

Saints-Tigers
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Check it out.

You're an asshole.

I just broke SWDC rule #1

"1. No Personal Attacks - Criticize the Post, Not the Poster. This Applies to PM's, Rep Comments, Posts, etc. "

Was that cheating?

PS: I'm not attacking you, I just wanted to use the first rule :P

JoeJoeBrown
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
You're an asshole.

I just broke SWDC rule #1

"1. No Personal Attacks - Criticize the Post, Not the Poster. This Applies to PM's, Rep Comments, Posts, etc. "

Was that cheating?

PS: I'm not attacking you, I just wanted to use the first rule :P

Crap. I tried to +rep you for making me LOL but I need to spread more rep first.

bearsfan_51
08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't consider that an attack, because I am an asshole.

Also, you're learning how the English language works, and I encourage that.

Saints-Tigers
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
LMao, I love you.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-18-2011, 04:26 PM
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/On-Snakes-Rats-Weasels-and-Canes-36020

Very good read. I agree to a high degree.

niel89
08-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Good article thanks for that. The players contribute so much but only get a small fraction, so I can see how a player would take a little on the side. However, that doesn't excuse them from punishment. They have to play by the current rules, even if the rules aren't perfect right now.

I honestly wish college football wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is. It's such a big business and there is so much money around that doesn't go to the guys that really earn it. I don't think that players can be straight up paid because I just don't know a way that would be semi fair between teams.

Would players make more money by going to a big name team like Alabama or USC? Would SEC teams pay out more per player than PAC-12 teams? Would starters make more than back ups? Would anyone go to lesser team if it meant they would get less cash?

I think that they players deserve more, but I just don't know how to give it to them. I can't agree to giving players cash until I see a method that is fair and doesn't completely upset the competitive balance.

diabsoule
08-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Take it for what it's worth, A&M held a private dinner for their top boosters last night. Boosters were told Aggies, OU, Mizz, VaTech to SEC

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:10 PM

That was absolutely fantastic. He came out swinging there and just really hit it.

The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the NCAA has done a wonderful job duping people into believing this multi-billion dollar a year industry is pursued for the sake of amateurism. Itís a total sham. The coaches arenít amateurs, the administrators arenít amateurs, the corporate sponsors and media companies that make hundreds of millions of dollars a year on the backs of these players arenít amateurs. The only "amateursĒ involved are the guys doing all the work. Pretty nice racket if you can get it.

Scathing.

I really think the system, as it's presently constituted, doesn't make much sense anymore with this much money involved. I just don't think there's a particularly good or easy way to go about fixing all this. Football is the only major North American sport(and one of the only sports period) without any sort of farm system, in large part because the idea of playing football professionally and viable professional leagues weren't established until far after college football was a national phenomenon. I don't think that works on some levels anymore.

I will say that this Miami stuff really isn't the textbook example for the idea of the NCAA as a commercial entity. The reason this entire thing was a big deal was because of the lack of institutional control and the idea that recruits/players were being reigned in with sex. The money was part of it, but if that was the only element of the story it wouldn't have been near as big of a deal/looked as bad.

draftguru151
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Spoke to a source who was part of UM football team under Randy Shannon. Confirmed some of Shapiro's allegations, but says some are bogus

Source from UM during Shannon yrs says asst. coaches Clint Hurtt and Joe Pannunzio used Shapiro as recruiting tool. Brought them to his home

Source says he never heard Shannon mention Shapiro's name to the team, but knows he didn't like him one bit

Source also says asst coach Jeff Stoutland was "as clean as they come"

My source (@ UM during Shannon yrs) says he wasnt aware of players taking $. Knew of recruits getting royal treatment with Shapiro, not cashFrom Adam Kuperstein (http://twitter.com/#%21/AKuperstein).

Kinda weird that Shapiro wouldn't mention Pannunzio, but other sources did. No idea why though.

Hurricanes25
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
The President of the NCAA says the "death penalty" is a possibility for Miami.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ncaa-deathpenalty

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Would the ACC still be allowed to have a championship game if Miami is suspended for a year? That would be a big loss financially and I'm pretty sure the TV networks are leaning heavily on the NCAA here. It's a hypocrisy but I just can't see the NCAA going that far.

JoeJoeBrown
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Traditional Media Sucks. (http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/august/espn-and-traditional-media-have-apparently-swallowed-their-whistles.html)

Pretty good opinion piece on how compromised the ESPN's, SI's, Rivals, etc... of the world are wrt covering the sport. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

bearsfan_51
08-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't think SI is nearly the group of corporate stooges that ESPN is, on average. ESPN is a joke.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I don't think SI is nearly the group of corporate stooges that ESPN is, on average. ESPN is a joke.

I love Disney but when they took over ABC/ESPN, ESPN became crap.

ElectricEye
08-19-2011, 04:02 PM
The "pile on ESPN" thing is the easiest thing in the world to do if you are a sports fan. They obviously deserve it though. It becomes less and less about sports and journalism year and more and more about "Entertainment Tonight with sports".

djp
08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Sorry if already posted.. very interesting.. makes the allegations seem a bit less harsh but obviously problems still remain

http://allabouttheu.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/renegade-reporter-spells-out-litany-of-accusations-while-often-failing-to-substantiate-his-claims/

bearsfan_51
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
The "pile on ESPN" thing is the easiest thing in the world to do if you are a sports fan. They obviously deserve it though. It becomes less and less about sports and journalism year and more and more about "Entertainment Tonight with sports".
It's not just that (although it is partly that), it's that they are incessant suck ups to the establishment. The minute the Roger Goodell/Michael Vick issue came up there were three separate articles on ESPN.com talking about how it was no big deal, while SI.com had two articles questioning the ramifications, etc.

ESPN is far too willing to sacrifice journalistic integrity for access. They also take credit for **** they don't do all the time, and never give credit to other companies when they break stories (never once providing a link to the yahoo! article on Miami, even though they referenced it hundreds of times)

JoeJoeBrown
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
It's not just that (although it is partly that), it's that they are incessant suck ups to the establishment. The minute the Roger Goodell/Michael Vick issue came up there were three separate articles on ESPN.com talking about how it was no big deal, while SI.com had two articles questioning the ramifications, etc.

ESPN is far too willing to sacrifice journalistic integrity for access. They also take credit for **** they don't do all the time, and never give credit to other companies when they break stories (never once providing a link to the yahoo! article on Miami, even though they referenced it hundreds of times)

ESPN is the spawn of the devil.

diabsoule
08-19-2011, 04:39 PM
If you haven't already heard - Jordan Jefferson was involved in a bar fight in Tigerland at 2am.

Wanna read about it? Check out my blog located in my sig.

CashmoneyDrew
08-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Sportscenter has become Twittercenter.