PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb traded to the Cards

Complex
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
According to Adam Schefter once they agree to a new CBA. I saw it on TV but will try to find a link.

DELETE THREAD POR FAVOR

Jvig43
07-22-2011, 03:42 PM
WtNHuqHWefU

XxXdragonXxX
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Ha!

phlysac
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Only things I've seen are reports of Kolb looking for a house in Arizona and working out with Larry Fitzgerald.

Shane P. Hallam
07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
According to Adam Schefter once they agree to a new CBA. I saw it on TV but will try to find a link.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4151&line=206708&spln=1

I'd listen next time, it wasn't for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

ellsy82
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Whoa. I knew Wiz was gonna make a play for a veteran signal caller, but I had my money on the other horse in the race. -> Bulger.

*shrugs*

The little things in life that keep you on your toes.

PackerLegend
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Even though its just Schefter saying he thinks this is a "done deal" wouldn't that mean the teams/coaches whatever are likely breaking rules?

Shane P. Hallam
07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes it is, but it was pretty well known. Who wants to enforce that rule?

ellsy82
07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Even though its just Schefter saying he thinks this is a "done deal" wouldn't that mean the teams/coaches whatever are likely breaking rules?

Not if the teams are only talking to other teams I would assume. They don't need Kolb's permission to trade him.

Edit...guess I'm wrong.

Shane P. Hallam
07-22-2011, 06:09 PM
The fact that Kolb knows indicates that it was illegal according to lockout.

ellsy82
07-22-2011, 06:36 PM
The fact that Kolb knows indicates that it was illegal according to lockout.

I suppose it couldn't happened like this:

@KKolb...Wanna trade, wah wah
--
@PhillyIggles...Wanna trade a backup QB with WCO experience in the east. Just FYI.
--
@ArizonaCards...If a QB backup from a WCO in the east were available to trade...we might be interested. In that hypothetical situation.
--
@PhillyIggles...Awesome.

LonghornsLegend
07-22-2011, 06:46 PM
It's still speculation. I'll wait until it's official. It's obvious AZ wants him though, they have said they want to go after a QB. If I was Phi I'd try and milk them in offers. A 1st and DRC, if they say no tell them your moving on. Sounds like AZ is making too many plans for Kolb and if I'm Philly it makes me up the offer.

That's why teams don't like to show their hands. AZ has no intentions of going into the season starting Skelton again.

49erNation85
07-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Let him go to Az they really don't have any one else on the rosters.Plus it will help Sf or the other teams in the long run ha!

FUNBUNCHER
07-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Last major personnel move Whisenhunt makes before he's fired.

Shane P. Hallam
07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Whisenhunt isn't the General Manager...

wordofi
07-22-2011, 10:24 PM
The Cardinals are going to have to spend money, and this is a good start.

FUNBUNCHER
07-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Whisenhunt isn't the General Manager...

You think the Cards FO potentially signs Kolb without Whisenhunt's seal of approval??

That's Whisenhunt's call all the way.

PoopSandwich
07-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I feel like Kolb gets hated on a bit too much on here some times. From what we've seen hes nothing spectacular but isn't god awful and had to deal with injuries most of last year. He has definitely shown some good moments.

Probably not worth a high first rounder but if the Cardinals are sold on him it's better than them wasting a first on someone that they don't feel comfortable with like a lot of teams do.

FUNBUNCHER
07-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Nothing against Kolb, I just don't like Whisenhunt.

ellsy82
07-23-2011, 12:43 AM
The Cardinals are going to have to spend money, and this is a good start.

Yeah, but damn. That's a lot to pay for a guy with such a limited body of work. McNabb or Bulger might be better choices. You know how Wiz likes his seasoned veteran QBs.

And if that idea tanks, you still have your first round pick to draft Luck, Barkley or Landry.

JBCX
07-23-2011, 09:26 AM
If the Eagles net Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie and say, at least a 2nd round pick in the trade, this will obviously benefit the Eagles a lot.

But this has the potential to be one of those rare trades that actually works out for *both* teams in equal measure. In the above trade, the Eagles get their starting RCB they desperately need in a young player at a reasonable salary, and they also potentially increase their stock of draft picks for next year. The Cardinals, on the other hand, get their franchise QB. If you can get a franchise QB, no matter what you paid, it is always a good deal. Do you think the Bears regret giving up two first round picks for Jay Cutler?

This assumes, of course, that both Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie *and* Kevin Kolb are not "busts" for their respective teams.

wordofi
07-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I feel like Kolb gets hated on a bit too much on here some times. From what we've seen hes nothing spectacular but isn't god awful and had to deal with injuries most of last year. He has definitely shown some good moments.

Probably not worth a high first rounder but if the Cardinals are sold on him it's better than them wasting a first on someone that they don't feel comfortable with like a lot of teams do.

They could always tank the season and draft Luck. I highly doubt he stays for his redshirt senior year.

Also, I think it would be dumb to part with DRC. He's a better corner than Kolb is a quarterback.

fenikz
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
very much doubt that drc will be included in any deal

Shane P. Hallam
07-23-2011, 11:10 AM
very much doubt that drc will be included in any deal

You've been saying this for awhile, but if he is, I am going to criticize you pretty hard :)

DeepThreat
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
You've been saying this for awhile, but if he is, I am going to criticize you pretty hard :)

It makes a ton of sense for the Iggles...

fenikz
07-23-2011, 11:29 AM
doesnt make much since for the cardinals unless they have a deal with ike taylor in place

ellsy82
07-23-2011, 12:22 PM
doesnt make much since for the cardinals unless they have a deal with ike taylor in place

You shush...Ike's not going anywhere.

gpngc
07-23-2011, 03:19 PM

DRC is in the deal. This has been all but confirmed for about a week. Reports cite the Cardinals coaching staff not liking his work habits.

fenikz
07-23-2011, 03:43 PM
those rumors have been going around forever and have been denied multiple times by whis, horton and graves

This is like the 5th thread on the matter

descendency
07-23-2011, 04:16 PM
those rumors have been going around forever and have been denied multiple times by whis, horton and graves

"Do you have problems with player ______?"
Coach: "No. He's the best worker on the team..."

3 weeks later, he's in a new city.

gpngc
07-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Contacted by the Arizona Republic on Wednesday, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt didn't rule out the possibility of offering Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in a trade for Kevin Kolb.
"We don’t even know if they (the Eagles) are willing to do that. That’s something that everybody speculates on," is all Whisenhunt would say. For now, our guess is that Rodgers-Cromartie and a third-round pick will be sent to the Eagles for Kolb on the first day of free agency (projected to be July 28th). Jul 20, 3:24 PM
Source: Arizona Republic

The Arizona Republic suggests Cardinals coaches may have "grown tired of harping" on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for a lack of discipline.
According to beat writer Kent Somers, coaches have had to "continually stay on him about study habits, consistency and attention to detail." This revelation lends further credence to the idea that the Cardinals are willing to include DRC in a trade for Kevin Kolb, landing a replacement corner in free agency. Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News sounds convinced that the two players are the "key elements" in a trade that will get done shortly after the lockout is lifted. Jul 20, 11:27 AM
Source: Arizona Republic

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles will not trade Kevin Kolb "straight up" for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
Beat writer Les Bowen suggested earlier in the day that the Eagles would want an additional 2012 second- or third-rounder, and the Inquirer now has it confirmed by a league source. We're not sure an unproven QB with a 73.2 passer rating over 19 games and seven starts is worth more than a talented cornerback just a year removed from a Pro Bowl selection, but the Cardinals are desperate -- and the Eagles know it. Jul 19, 10:52 PM
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

After making phone calls Tuesday, the Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen confirms the Eagles have a "high opinion" of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
Bowen believes the Eagles will "gladly" pull the trigger on a Kevin Kolb trade if the Cardinals offer Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick that "almost certainly" would not be a first-rounder. A reasonable scenario is DRC plus a conditional third-rounder that can be upgraded to a second-rounder if Kolb plays at a high level. Jul 19, 4:03 PM
Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Where are you getting your info?

PackerLegend
07-24-2011, 11:53 AM
The Cards are going to trade DRC..... hmm the ****? The Cards may also possibly be giving up a pick with him..... ummmm who is running this franchise? The Cards are doing all this while trading for Kevin Kolb? Id say Al Davis is running this franchise but Kolbs to slow and DRC is to fast for this to ever happen.

fenikz
07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
kent somers is a blogger while he has more inside info than us i doubt he knows any details of any trades before they go down, he also happens to hate the cardinals as he is a life long cowboys fan

No idea who the philly writer is

tjsunstein
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
If DRC is in the trade then the Eagles make out more than well. Kolb isn't anything special, at all. He may benefit in the system, though. Could be fair for both sides but I've never had any ounce of belief in Kolb. I'll hold off judgement when it's announced, though.

bigbluedefense
07-24-2011, 08:37 PM
I think DRC is overrated. If I were Philly, I rather have a draft pick, be it a 1st, or a 2nd instead of DRC.

I loved DRC coming out, but he isn't anywhere near what he should be. Factor in his supposed maturity and work ethic issues, and his down year, I just don't think he's that great.

He's an upgrade over what they already have sure, but he's not that special.

To be fair though, Kolb is horrible so they still are going to hoodwink the Cardinals.

The Cardinals are complete morons for showing their hand in this. It's obvious they're hot for Kolb, and any leverage they had in negotiating went up in smoke.

They were supposed to be the ones with leverage, Kolb is in his final year of his contract and the draft is already over, Philly is desperate to trade him.

Instead both Arizona and Seattle played this wrong and drove up the price when they didn't need to.

LonghornsLegend
07-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I think DRC is overrated. If I were Philly, I rather have a draft pick, be it a 1st, or a 2nd instead of DRC.

I loved DRC coming out, but he isn't anywhere near what he should be. Factor in his supposed maturity and work ethic issues, and his down year, I just don't think he's that great.

I agree with this, but I don't think he's a bad coup for getting an early pick along with him. I don't know if that's the deal, but it's pretty solid if so, they need CB help.

DRC is the prime reason why everyone doesn't need to get too excited about a young player. Remember his stretch when the Cards went to the SB? He was locking down top flight WR's on an island and people only thought he was going to get better.

To be fair though, Kolb is horrible so they still are going to hoodwink the Cardinals.

The Cardinals are complete morons for showing their hand in this. It's obvious they're hot for Kolb, and any leverage they had in negotiating went up in smoke.

They were supposed to be the ones with leverage, Kolb is in his final year of his contract and the draft is already over, Philly is desperate to trade him.

Instead both Arizona and Seattle played this wrong and drove up the price when they didn't need to.

QFT. The Cards played this terribly, they could have at least put out a smoke screen for some interest in VY, trading for Hasselbeck, something. Now unless they had some deal agreed to in principle already done under the table, Philly can ask for alot more and AZ is screwed if they don't get a guy they are already planning for.

ellsy82
07-24-2011, 08:53 PM
When was the last time there was a straight up player trade in the NFL? Mike Bell for Jerome Harrison? Philly should go after picks. Especially with their needs in the secondary and a slew of top talent in the 2012 draft.

BlindSite
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Yeah but getting a 2nd rounder replaces what you spent on Kolb and DRC as down as his year was is an upgrade opposite Samuel. I like trade if it's a 2nd and DRC for Kolb. I don't mind Reid's chances of turning DRC around either.

M.O.T.H.
07-25-2011, 07:25 AM
When was the last time there was a straight up player trade in the NFL? Mike Bell for Jerome Harrison? Philly should go after picks. Especially with their needs in the secondary and a slew of top talent in the 2012 draft.

I love player for player trades in the NFL. I still remember how excited I was when word of the Portis for Baily trade came out. haha.

I also remember when Dallas traded Antonio Bryant for Quincy Morgan straight up. :/

bigbluedefense
07-25-2011, 07:59 AM
And if the rumors of the Eagles switching to a Cover 2 defense are in fact true, DRC's fit with the Eagles is questionable.

If I were Philly, I would trade for picks, and sign Jonathan Joseph in FA. He can play great man coverage and is physical enough to play Cover 2 as well.

BlindSite
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I heard a rumor today that the Cards and Eagles had a deal in place around the draft when the lockout was temporarily lifted but couldn't file the paperwork because of the ensuing re-lockout and everything else involved. Where that stands right now, or even if it's true remains to be seen.

hockey619
07-26-2011, 12:01 AM
as much as drc has come problems, the fact of the matter is hes shown the potential to be a great corner in the league. A guy like samuel can help guide him back on the right track to being a success, and immediate help in the secondary could put philly over the hump.

kolb for anything over a conditional 4th is too much in my opinion. Hes not going to take them to a superbowl (probably not even the playoffs) much less bring them a championship. dark days ahead for az:
i see them losing the 3rd rounder (only way it bumps to a second is if fitz makes kolb look better than he is and just meet the standard to bump it up), a good young corner, and possibly fitz when he gets ticked that this is the 'help' they brought in for him.

Mark my words, in 2 years i think the new coaching staff in AZ is drafting his replacement. waste of picks and a potentially good player for a mediocre at best qb.

fenikz
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Seattle is the front runner and all they are offering is a 1st, his price has been greatly exaggerated

Complex
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Seattle is the front runner and all they are offering is a 1st, his price has been greatly exaggerated

really?

Who is the girl in your sig?

fenikz
07-26-2011, 02:08 PM
deborah ann woll

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Eagles would trade Kevin Kolb to the Seahawks only if they offered a future first-round pick.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb

J255979-11nine
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
With Orton being on the trade block and at a substantially lower price I would like to think the Cardinals would be interested in his services. We've already seen him produce as an above average starter in both run heavy and pass oriented systems.

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Better off trading for Orton. Cheaper and better option on the market. Kolb sucks and any team that trades a 1st round pick for him has no idea what they are doing. I mean, he was ok when he had to fill in, but he didn't impress me to the point he can be a star QB in this league.

Babylon
07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Kolb to Arizona would work for me (Seattle fan).

Complex
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Kolb to Arizona would work for me (Seattle fan).

i thought you were a titans fan now.

Babylon
07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
i thought you were a titans fan now.

I'm still a Pats fan too.(former season ticket holder) Spreading myself pretty thin i know.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
When is this trade going down?

DRC + 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Kolb just about makes sense right now.

FUNBUNCHER
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Andy Reid needs to give it up.

He's not getting a 1st round pick for Kolb. I doubt he gets any better deal than he got for McNabb.

fenikz
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Seattle signing Tavaris Jackson drops his price a little bit more

i expect nothing more than 2 2nds for him

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Seattle signing Tavaris Jackson drops his price a little bit more

i expect nothing more than 2 2nds for him

2 2nd's is basically a 1st.

Honestly, DRC and a Day 3 pick is as much as I'd be willing to part with.

Heck, honestly, I don't know if I'd give that much for a QB who really isn't considered an elite qb or didn't show the potential of being one.

I'd give a 4th/5th conditional pick with incentives that can reach to as high as a 2nd. Nothing more for an unproven QB who showed a ton of inconsistancy and no ability to stretch the field.

Ness
07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
When is this trade going down?

DRC + 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Kolb just about makes sense right now.

Wow that would be highway robbery. I would just offer a second round pick for him straight up.

Matt Cassel who had more on his plate in terms of being proven was traded for a second round pick and Mike Vrabel.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM
DRC and a 2nd? Sweet Jesus.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
DRC and a 2nd? Sweet Jesus.

When the Cards win the NFC West next year and get back to the playoffs nobody will even dream of questioning them for giving up their #2 CB (they have a shutdown corner in Peterson so they really don't need DRC anymore) and a future pick.

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 04:06 PM
When the Cards win the NFC West next year and get back to the playoffs nobody will even dream of questioning them for giving up their #2 CB (they have a shutdown corner in Peterson so they really don't need DRC anymore) and a future pick.

I think the Rams will take the division this year pal.

Plus, Peterson isn't a shutdown CB, he hasn't played a down in the NFL. heck, he got owned by Julio Jones and AJ Green, when Jimmy Smith completely shut down AJ Green when he was matched up on him. Peterson is better suited as a FS in this league, just like Antrelle Rolle. I wouldn't trade DRC.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Have fun trying to throw on DRC/Peterson...that sounds like a much better proposition, than overspending on Kolb. Try to get Orton for cheaper, he could certainly get the ball to Fitz, or look elsewhere if it would cost that much for Kolb, who is no sure thing either.

I dont like the whole idea of...oh, they have Peterson, they dont need DRC. How about keeping both and having one of the better CB situations in the league?

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Have fun trying to throw on DRC/Peterson...that sounds like a much better proposition, than overspending on Kolb. Try to get Orton for cheaper, he could certainly get the ball to Fitz, or look elsewhere if it would cost that much for Kolb, who is no sure thing either.

I dont like the whole idea of...oh, they have Peterson, they dont need DRC. How about keeping both and having one of the better CB situations in the league?

100% agree. You don't have to give up a key defensive player if you go after Orton, who is a better option that Kolb anyways.

Remember, Orton is still young, but it's going to be hard for any QB going to a new team this late and try and grasp the offense.

fenikz
07-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Still very much doubt DRC will be included in a trade

Leinart also signing with Seattle so they are out, not sure who if any team would be going after Kolb/Orton besides AZ now

SickwithIt1010
07-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I think the Rams will take the division this year pal.

Plus, Peterson isn't a shutdown CB, he hasn't played a down in the NFL. heck, he got owned by Julio Jones and AJ Green, when Jimmy Smith completely shut down AJ Green when he was matched up on him. Peterson is better suited as a FS in this league, just like Antrelle Rolle. I wouldn't trade DRC.

He did? Julio had 6 catches for 51 yds. YAAAAAY

and they didnt even play Georgia this year so what the **** are you talking about?

JBCX
07-26-2011, 06:15 PM

Because CBs, and not QBs, win you Super Bowls, right?

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Because CBs, and not QBs, win you Super Bowls, right?

Uhhh....didnt I say to acquire Orton for less? Orton who is actually a proven QB?

Splat
07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
DRC and a 2nd?

Would be a steal for the Eagles.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Would be a steal for the Eagles.

Without question. lol.

They say they've lowered their demands to a 1st now.

I wouldnt even pay that.

Splat
07-26-2011, 06:23 PM
They say they've lowered their demands to a 1st now.

HAHAHAHAHA.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Uhhh....didnt I say to acquire Orton for less? Orton who is actually a proven QB?

Kyle Orton is a mediocre game manager at best who had one nice (half) season in Josh McDaniels' system. He is a known quantity at this point. He will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world.

Kevin Kolb, on the other hand, despite what *you* think of him, has the potential to be that kind of player. He still has potential that Orton does not have. This might be the last chance the Cardinals have at acquiring a potentially elite QB, short of tanking the season completely in hopes of getting Luck next year.

Kyle Orton will simply not win you a Super Bowl. Kevin Kolb *might*. In the NFL, your job as GM is to put your team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Nothing is certain about anyone, but Kolb gives you a non-negative chance of taking your team there, whereas Orton does not.

Splat
07-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Kevin Kolb, on the other hand, despite what *you* think of him, has the potential to be that kind of player. He still has potential that Orton does not have. This might be the last chance the Cardinals have at acquiring a potentially elite QB, short of tanking the season completely in hopes of getting Luck next year.

I laughed.

hockey619
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Kyle Orton is a mediocre game manager at best who had one nice (half) season in Josh McDaniels' system. He is a known quantity at this point. He will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world.

Kyle Orton will simply not win you a Super Bowl. Kevin Kolb *might*. In the NFL, your job as GM is to put your team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Nothing is certain about anyone, but Kolb gives you a non-negative chance of taking your team there, whereas Orton does not.

i have that kind of potential too. as a matter of fact, i think im slightly more likely to become a great nfl qb over kolb, and i can be signed as a free agent, no trading needed. my starting asking price is 5mil/year, hell ill go cheaper even if it helps the team. pretty sure ill be getting the call any minute from the cards.
your bolded is sig quote material, you gotta be ****ing me if you think kolb has brees/brady/manning potential.

orton has proven he can be a solid qb in a good situation, who has had one good half year of football but for the most part has been mediocre.
kolb has proven that he sucks huge nuts in a good situation, has never had a good anything and was brutal the last time he saw action.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
A non-negative chance? Okay. Trading away a pro bowl caliber CB and a 2nd rounder...is actually quite the risk indeed. Especialy for an unproven QB, who many "experts" are split on. They already have two of the most exciting CB prospects to come along in quite some time, in house. They could potentially have an extremely formidable pass defense, for a long time. With Fitz and their RB talent, they're a game manager type away from having a pretty good offense. And Orton, while not a star, is more than that. He is an enormous upgrade over anything they had at QB a year ago. And fully capable of playing great football with their supporting cast. And the odds are better that Orton would get them to the playoffs in year one, then Kolb would.

There is nothing wrong with acquiring Kolb. The problem would be, getting taken to the cleaners in such a deal. DRC and a 2nd would be incredibly lop-sided. So the benefits of having two excellent young corners and that 2nd. Kind of outweigh the opposition. Especially, if Orton could be had for say, just a 2nd. The price for Kolb has to be right...because there is necessary risk involved. I wouldnt even trade DRC for him straight up. I'd rather give them a 1st...and even that is too rich in my book.

fenikz
07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
where are you getting that from, his price is no where near that high

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2011, 06:44 PM
where are you getting that from, he price is no where near that high

Just responding to his post about how DRC and a 2nd makes too much sense.

I know his price tag isnt that high at all...but I felt the need to respond.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 06:57 PM
A non-negative chance? Okay. Trading away a pro bowl caliber CB and a 2nd rounder...is actually quite the risk indeed. Especialy for an unproven QB, who many "experts" are split on. They already have two of the most exciting CB prospects to come along in quite some time, in house. They could potentially have an extremely formidable pass defense, for a long time. With Fitz and their RB talent, they're a game manager type away from having a pretty good offense. And Orton, while not a star, is more than that. He is an enormous upgrade over anything they had at QB a year ago. And fully capable of playing great football with their supporting cast. And the odds are better that Orton would get them to the playoffs in year one, then Kolb would.

There is nothing wrong with acquiring Kolb. The problem would be, getting taken to the cleaners in such a deal. DRC and a 2nd would be incredibly lop-sided. So the benefits of having two excellent young corners and that 2nd. Kind of outweigh the opposition. Especially, if Orton could be had for say, just a 2nd. The price for Kolb has to be right...because there is necessary risk involved. I wouldnt even trade DRC for him straight up. I'd rather give them a 1st...and even that is too rich in my book.

In 2007, Houston traded two 2nd round picks to the Atlanta Falcons for backup QB Matt Schaub, who was basically in the same position as Kevin Kolb is right now, with about the same body of work at the time.

Those two 2nd round picks eventually turned into players Justin Blalock and Fred Davis. Who would you rather have right now: Matt Schaub or both Justin Blalock and Fred Davis? You have to remember that eventually draft picks have to turn into players, and when they do, they usually don't turn into All-Pros.

The point is that having a franchise QB is the most important thing in the *entire* game of football. It's far more important than Pro Bowl CB, or even 1st and 2nd round picks that may or may not turn into decent players. Even if those picks turn into All-Pro players, it won't mean anything if your team doesn't have a franchise QB. Giving the Eagles a decent, but not spectacular player such as DRC and maybe a 2nd round pick is a *tiny* price to pay for the ability to potentially acquire a franchise, Schaub-like QB.

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
All I'm saying is, mark my words, calling it now: If the Cardinals give up a 1st round pick or DRC and a 2nd for Kolb, then go ahead and sign him to a ridiculously fat contract, THEY WILL REGRET IT because HE"S NOT THAT TYPE OF PLAYER.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
All I'm saying is, mark my words, calling it now: If the Cardinals give up a 1st round pick or DRC and a 2nd for Kolb, then go ahead and sign him to a ridiculously fat contract, THEY WILL REGRET IT because HE"S NOT THAT TYPE OF PLAYER.

I can't wait to bump this thread 5 months from now when the Cards are either the one of the wildcard teams or have won their division and Kolb is putting up 300+ yards in most of his games throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and every Cardinals fan is saying "Dominique Rodgers who?".

hockey619
07-26-2011, 07:16 PM

i said it in another thread, and it bears repeating: the next coaching staff will be replacing kolb within two years. hes not a star, hes not even good, and he will definitely not get you to the super bowl. at best, hes mediocre, and in a few years the team will look to draft their qb of the future because theyll see he aint it.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
We'll see. If Kolb is traded to the Cards, I hope you're prepared to eat crow in 4-5 months, however.

fenikz
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
i very much like the concept of trading 2 2nds for him

hockey619
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
In 2007, Houston traded two 2nd round picks to the Atlanta Falcons for backup QB Matt Schaub, who was basically in the same position as Kevin Kolb is right now except schaub has/had much much better physical tools, which is why he fetched the price he did, with about the same body of work at the time neither looked great, but schaub definitely looked better.

Those two 2nd round picks eventually turned into players Justin Blalock and Fred Davis. Who would you rather have right now: Matt Schaub or both Justin Blalock and Fred Davis? You have to remember that eventually draft picks have to turn into players, and when they do, they usually don't turn into All-Pros. you also have to remember that schuab's presence on the roster has caused the texans to pass on a number of potentially great qbs in the draft because schuab was their guy. but do you really think he can take a team to the super bowl? he has put up big numbers, but he has possibly the best wr in the league and has struggled in big moments, but i digress this isnt about schaub its about kolb.
Kolb would have fitz, true, but whos to say fitz stays for kevin freaking kolb and doesnt just bolt next year? and much more importantly...

lets say they get kolb for drc and a second. lets just say. he blows or is average and they have a high pick next year because theyre not very good. do you pass on luck because you already invested in kolb? what if they passed on a potentially great qb for a guy who (under this scenario) still hasnt done dick, because up to this point he sure as hell hasnt? what if they trade a first for him straight up, and he sucks and they have a high possible franchise qb pick lost because it belongs to another team? then they lose out on luck/barkley for kevin freaking kolb. if kolb was in the draft right now with those two, even having seen what you have of kolb as a pro and knowing both the other two were unknown commodities going to the next level, would you even think twice about taking kolb over one of them? ever? no.

The point is that having a franchise QB is the most important thing in the *entire* game of football. It's far more important than Pro Bowl CB, or even 1st and 2nd round picks that may or may not turn into decent players. Even if those picks turn into All-Pro players, it won't mean anything if your team doesn't have a franchise QB. Giving the Eagles a decent, but not spectacular player such as DRC and maybe a 2nd round pick is a *tiny* price to pay for the ability to potentially acquire a franchise, Schaub-like QB.

answers in bold.
yes having a franchise qb is the most important thing, but what in the name of all things sane and holy makes you think kolb is one? because a physically superior schaub has proven to be above average, so somehow kolb can be too? whos to say he doesnt become more like whitehurst, a backup who a team trades for then still sucks? or aj feeley when he left philly for a second rounder to miami? or most other backups that are traded for only to become average at best?

Basically it comes down to this for me:
Kolb has struggled despite being on a very talented offense that has made every qb that has played in it excel (except him). he stares his targets down, is injury prone, and his accuracy is shakey, especially under pressure. he has had maybe one good game in his career, a ton of inconsistency and much more straight up poor play than anything special (despite being in a friendly system with talent around him), and suddenly hes worth a good player and a high pick with that track record and below average/average physical tools?

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
We'll see. If Kolb is traded to the Cards, I hope you're prepared to eat crow in 4-5 months, however.

Woah. You're talking 4-5 months? I'm talking about 2-3 years from now, including this season, that they will be looking for another QB in that time frame.

I can see him starting hot. He does have Fitz, but I'll give him he'll start out well the first 4-6 games, people in the media will kiss his @**, then he'll tank and many will start to realize the Cards got raped by the Eagles when they dealt a backup QB. Do you honestly believe that the Eagles would have won that division or even 6 games with Kolb as the starter?

NO! He couldn't even beat the Redskins at home.

bucfan12
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
BTW, it isn't that hard to make the playoffs in the west , considering a 7-9 seahawks did it in 2010

hockey619
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Halsey:
Its true everyone rips qb moves because they are risky. But honestly tell me this, anyone:

If kolb were in the draft his coming year with luck and barkley, would you consider taking him over either for even a second? even knowing what you do about how hes performed thus far in his career?
Matt cassel fetched a high second rounder on a MUCH better body of work, also coming from a qb friendly system that season (as kolb is now).

so what in the hell makes kolb worth that much more?

christ you guys are typing too fast slow down people damn

as i said before, i just dont see what seperates kolb and orton, except one is more proven. i gues orton is a safer commodity where as kolb is more unknown so people think upsidezzzzzz. idk just a stupid move imo

phlysac
07-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Guess it's officially Kolb for DRC and a 2012 2nd rounder.

Adam Caplan

Deal is done. Kolb will sign a five-year extension for over $63 million with over $20 mill guaranteed.
http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl

M.O.T.H.
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I just find it hilarious because a lot of us laughed off the notion of DRC and a 2nd. And yet it happens.

I'll still laugh at it, though...because the scales arent even close to even on this one. Horrible.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I guess some Cards fans must feel like Cartman did when his mom didn't want to buy him an iPad...

ATLDirtyBirds
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Poor Fenikz.

Mr.Regular
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow. DRC + a 2 is so steep...

I hope someone next offseason wants Matt Flynn really bad.

bucfan12
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
WOW. Philly just raped Arizona in this deal. Absolutely highway robbery.

The Cardinals traded a starting CB and a future 2nd round pick, a possible future starter for an overrated back up QB who does not have the potential to be a franchise qb.

All I can say is, whoever the GM that worked this deal, I give you a year or 2 before you're canned for this mistake.

Shane P. Hallam
07-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I like the deal for both sides. Look, with Skelton at Qb, Cardinals were going to be in the dumps again. They weren't happy with DRC (and got PP,) and I think Kolb can have a Schaub like impact with an improved O-line for the Cardinals. Shows you just how important QB is.

JBCX
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I think I'm one of the few who actually sees this as a good trade for *both* sides.

The Eagles got the CB they desperately needed, plus a pick for the future, and the Cardinals have a non-negative chance now to be relevant in the playoffs once again. (After having a completely <= 0 chance if they didn't upgrade their QB situation)

Let's say the Kolb pans out in a Schaub-like manner. This is not a stretch of the imagination at all - he has shown flashes of brilliance in some of his starts, and it will not be hard looking good while throwing to one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL. If we assume that Kolb puts up Schaub-like stats for the next 3+ years, what would you be willing to part with to get that? I wouldn't even think twice about giving up my #2 CB and a future draft pick for that. I would give up a 1st rounder AND DRC for that in a heartbeat if I'm an NFL GM. You really just can't put a pricetag on reliable, competent quarterbacking in the NFL.

A Perfect Score
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM
VY > Kolb. Seriously.

SolidGold
The Cardinals did what they had to do IMO. People should not label Kolb a bust before even playing a game. They really had no other choice since they did not get a QB early in the draft. Max Hall or John Skelton were not going to get the job done. They had a good draft, I really like the Ryan Williams pick as well as getting Anthony Sherman who should help the run game. Colledge and Jeff King should also help establish a more physical style of play.

SolidGold
VY > Kolb. Seriously.

I dont think Whiz was going to put up with VY's **** and lack of work ethic.

M.O.T.H.
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
They would have upgraded the QB position regardless...and there were much cheaper options. Give me two stud CBs for the longe term, in a pass first league. Opposed to this over priced gamble.

Going cheaper for Orton sounds like a much better idea to me. Orton gives them a chance to win now, probably even a better chance than Kolb right away. Even if you only view Orton as a stop gap...you'll have a capable veteran in place to win games, while you groom a younger QB. And that route could still be less expensive than what they gave up for Kolb.

Jensen
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
**** my life

SolidGold
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I thought they should have went after Orton to rather than do what they did. But its over, it seems they were set on Kolb all along anyways.

YAYareaRB
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
The Cardinals did what they had to do IMO. People should not label Kolb a bust before even playing a game. They really had no other choice since they did not get a QB early in the draft. Max Hall or John Skelton were not going to get the job done. They had a good draft, I really like the Ryan Williams pick as well as getting Anthony Sherman who should help the run game. Colledge and Jeff King should also help establish a more physical style of play.

you shut your mouth when you're talking about mackzzz hall!

K Train
07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
whos gonna sell their sould for matt flynn and CALEB HANIE now?

dixon is on the market, all we want is a pro bowl player at any position and 3 first round picks....hes an athlete forged in the fires of hell, look back at his tape from oregon heismanzzzzz until he got hurt

bucfan12
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
DRC for Kolb straight up would have been ok, but throwing in a 2nd round pick is just robbery. The Eagles did an excellent job in screwing over the Cardinals. Andy Reid made everyone believe Kolb has the "potential" to become a great QB, even though he couldn't even succeed with an explosive offense in Philly.

JBCX
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
They would have upgraded the QB position regardless...and there were much cheaper options. Give me two stud CBs for the longe term, in a pass first league. Opposed to this over priced gamble.

Going cheaper for Orton sounds like a much better idea to me. Orton gives them a chance to win now, probably even a better chance than Kolb right away. Even if you only view Orton as a stop gap...you'll have a capable veteran in place to win games, while you groom a younger QB. And that route could still be less expensive than what they gave up for Kolb.

You're never winning a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton. This is a fact; a known quantity. Why bother wasting time with a guy who will never take you even 70% of where Kurt Warner took you?

Maybe Kevin Kolb will not be as great as some people think he is, but neverthless, he is an unknown quantity still and the *potential* for him to take the Cardinals to heights previously seen only with the Kurt Warner teams is *there*.

It's like gambling on $1 scratch-off lotto tickets instead of the Powerball lottery when you desperately need 5 million dollars to, say, save your life. You're never going to get that money with the lotto tickets, despite the fact that you will win $10-$100 with more regularity on those than with the Powerball. Your only chance is to gamble on the greater reward. Kyle Orton is a $1 scratch-off lotto ticket and Kevin Kolb is a Powerball ticket.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-28-2011, 03:10 PM
You're never winning a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton. This is a fact; a known quantity. Why bother wasting time with a guy who will never take you even 70% of where Kurt Warner took you?

Maybe Kevin Kolb will not be as great as some people think he is, but neverthless, he is an unknown quantity still and the *potential* for him to take the Cardinals to heights previously seen only with the Kurt Warner teams is *there*.

It's like gambling on $1 scratch-off lotto tickets instead of the Powerball lottery when you desperately need 5 million dollars to, say, save your life. You're never going to get that money with the lotto tickets, despite the fact that you will win $10-$100 with more regularity on those than with the Powerball. Your only chance is to gamble on the greater reward. Kyle Orton is a $1 scratch-off lotto ticket and Kevin Kolb is a Powerball ticket.

Except that you wouldn't have given up a 25 yeard old Pro-Bowl CB who can still get better and a second round pick for Orton. Orton would've probably been a third and that's it.

Kolb will not turn the Cardinals into a contender all by himself, the team's still got multiple needs. And while Patrick Peterson absolutely has the potential to become an elite DB, he's an even bigger uknown than Kolb as a franchise QB is.

This is a move that I'd have expected out of a team that needs a QB and nothing else to win, one final attempt by the team to get that final piece to the puzzle, like Minnesota two years ago. Arizona isn't that, at all.

PackerLegend
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
The Cards should have traded only a 2nd or only DRC for Kolb... anything more is to much and together I think its pretty horrible. Add in the fact the Cardinals give Kold 21.5 million guaranteed and 63.5 million damn. If I was a Cards fan I would be hoping that im about to wake up from this nightmare.

JBCX
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Except that you wouldn't have given up a 25 yeard old Pro-Bowl CB who can still get better and a second round pick for Orton. Orton would've probably been a third and that's it.

Kolb will not turn the Cardinals into a contender all by himself, the team's still got multiple needs. And while Patrick Peterson absolutely has the potential to become an elite DB, he's an even bigger uknown than Kolb as a franchise QB is.

This is a move that I'd have expected out of a team that needs a QB and nothing else to win, one final attempt by the team to get that final piece to the puzzle, like Minnesota two years ago. Arizona isn't that, at all.

The point is that you're never winning a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton. Why bother wasting time on a guy you're never going to win a Super Bowl with?

Say what you want about Kolb being unproven, but the flashes of brilliance were there and the potential to be a Super Bowl winning franchise QB is there.

tjsunstein
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I know Kolb isn't good and isn't going to win a Super Bowl but I pray that he does it before the Eagles.

Babylon
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
VY > Kolb. Seriously.

Vince's act wouldnt play very well in Arizona though.

Not a bad deal for the Cards, you have about 2 of those years guaranteed so they can dump him after that if he stinks. I'm just glad he didnt end up in Seattle (not that their QBs are any good either).

YAYareaRB
07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
The point is that you're never winning a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton. Why bother wasting time on a guy you're never going to win a Super Bowl with?

Say what you want about Kolb being unproven, but the flashes of brilliance were there and the potential to be a Super Bowl winning franchise QB is there.

flashes of brilliance?? did i miss something here? im not saying he isn't capable but, in the short samples of his play that we do have, i've seen no brilliance.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-28-2011, 03:23 PM

Hardly.

He had a couple of good moments, but never "flashes of brilliance."

Brilliance in a QB is seeing him break down a defense without making mistakes, guiding his offense with ease and having the defense dumbfounded as to how to stop what the QB is doing. Flashes of brilliance are what Michael Vick did for a couple of weeks last year before that masterpiece of a game he had, not what Kolb did every now and then.

And at this point, at least for me, Kyle Orton is just as likely to win a SB as Kolb is. I know what I get in Orton, I know nothing about how Kolb will adapt in Arizona. His line will be worse, his only weapon will be Fitzgerald, and the pressure will absolutely fall on him to lead the team.

tjsunstein
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
The flashes of brilliance better not be the same argument that he put up ridiculous numbers that no QB has in their first x amount of games. Because last I checked, those games all had their flaws, whether against terrible secondaries or in losing situations, maybe both.

Borat
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
49er fans approve of this move.

YAYareaRB
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
49er fans approve of this move.

he beat us last season tho

GoRavens
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
John Skelton is HEATED.

Don Vito
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Hello Al Davis, this is the New England Patriots. We have an outstanding young QB named Brian Hoyer who may be available if the offer were right, we were figuring we would let you know first since we are always looking out for you. What's that? Well what would you give us for Mallett?

Borat
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
he beat us last season tho

Yeah, so did a bunch of other clowns. I'm more excited that they gave DRC away. I think he's going to be really good.

bigbluedefense
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Lulz.

Poor Cardinal fans. Not only did they get a crappy qb, but they also gave away a 2nd and DRC for him. And on top of that, they gave him 22 million guaranteed.

WOW.

I can't believe this. What a joke. This is why the Cardinals are the Cardinals. And I'm pissed Andy Reid was able to fleece a team by trading them a mediocre qb yet again.

Whisenhunt, say goodbye to your job. You're done after this year.

hockey619
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Lulz.

Poor Cardinal fans. Not only did they get a crappy qb, but they also gave away a 2nd and DRC for him. And on top of that, they gave him 22 million guaranteed.

WOW.

I can't believe this. What a joke. This is why the Cardinals are the Cardinals. And I'm pissed Andy Reid was able to fleece a team by trading them a mediocre qb yet again.

Whisenhunt, say goodbye to your job. You're done after this year.

said it on the last page:
in two years, the new cards coaching staff will be drafting kolb's replacement at the top of the first round.

Hes never winning a super bowl unless its as a backup. no shot in hell.

Raiderz4Life
07-28-2011, 04:21 PM

ahhh delusion at its best. love it

SickwithIt1010
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Ohhhhh how I love the Cardinals.

Props to Andy Reid on convincing every team in this league that Kolb is a franchise QB. DRC and a 2nd is way more than what they needed for Kolb so Im happy as can be!

GoRavens
07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Kolb will throw over 10 picks & won't throw more than 15 TDs.
Skelton will get some starts
Just wait..

FUNBUNCHER
07-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Should have drafted Mallett.

JBCX
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Hardly.

He had a couple of good moments, but never "flashes of brilliance."

Brilliance in a QB is seeing him break down a defense without making mistakes, guiding his offense with ease and having the defense dumbfounded as to how to stop what the QB is doing. Flashes of brilliance are what Michael Vick did for a couple of weeks last year before that masterpiece of a game he had, not what Kolb did every now and then.

And at this point, at least for me, Kyle Orton is just as likely to win a SB as Kolb is. I know what I get in Orton, I know nothing about how Kolb will adapt in Arizona. His line will be worse, his only weapon will be Fitzgerald, and the pressure will absolutely fall on him to lead the team.

If you watched the Eagles vs Falcons game last year you'd agree with me on "flashes of brilliance". He was a machine in that game.

49erNation85
07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
49ers play off run.Here we go!!Only team in our way are the Rams.

wordofi
07-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Kolb will throw over 10 picks & won't throw more than 15 TDs.
Skelton will get some starts
Just wait..

They could've drafted Gabbert. Then again, that's why they're the Cardinals.

fenikz
07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
PP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gabbert

Raiderz4Life
07-28-2011, 11:50 PM
They could've drafted Gabbert. Then again, that's why they're the Cardinals.
If they had drafted Gabbert over PP.....they should have been folded there on the spot lol

gpngc
07-28-2011, 11:54 PM
49ers play off run.Here we go!!Only team in our way are the Rams.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/files/2010/03/whit.jpg

O RLY?

PoopSandwich
07-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Derek Anderson is gonna come in at the midway point and lead the cardinals to the super bowl, I still have faith.

fenikz
07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
he was cut a few days ago

PoopSandwich
07-29-2011, 12:36 AM
he was cut a few days ago

That's fine.

wordofi
07-29-2011, 01:31 AM
PP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gabbert

Last time I checked, quarterbacks win games.

Raiderz4Life
07-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Last time I checked, quarterbacks win games.

Lol yea...good QBs with good teams...not a probable bust rookie QB on a ****** team

niel89
07-29-2011, 01:44 AM
It all just boils down to the fact that most of us just don't think that Kolb is that good.

wordofi
07-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Lol yea...good QBs with good teams...not a probable bust rookie QB on a ****** team

You get what I'm saying though. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are going to win your team more games than Darrelle Revis.

niel89
07-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Manning and Brady are going to win more games than anyone else in the league anyways...

D-Shiznit
07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Found this on EMB, it's pretty funny

Here's what the Eagles should do to advertise coming to Philly from now on.......

Andy Reid - Are you a crappy qb? Underused? Did you underachieve for most of your career? Were you a malcontent? Were you in prison? Think your career is over? Well don't worry friend. Come to Philadelphia and I and my coaching staff will actually make you worth a **** (or at least make OTHER teams think you're worth a ****)! We turn chicken **** into chicken salad on a yearly basis. Here are some of our satisfied customers.......

Donovan McNabb - When I came into the NFL, the only black qb worth a crap was Warren Moon. But getting hooked up with Andy and I became one of the best qbs in the NFL despite only having a completion % over 60 once and competing more passes to worms than my own receivers. I was overrated for a long time, but it was only until I left that people saw how crappy I was. Thanks Andy Ried!

AJ Feeley - I was a Fing 5th round draft pick. I wasn't accurate. I had a noodle arm. I had no athleticism. Frankly I was a #3 qb and supposed to be a career clipboard holder. But after McNabb and Koy Detmer got hurt I stepped in and led the Eagles to a 4-1 record even though I didn't even lead the team to a single solitary offensive touchdown during those 5 games. But Andy made the NFL think I was worth a **** and I got traded to Dolphins for a 2nd round pick, I got a big contract, and a starting job. Did I turn that starting job into anything? Hell no! I sucked. HARD! But the eagles got me money. All thanks to Andy Reid.

Jeff Garcia - Everybody thought my career was over after I commanded the failboat known as the Lions and Browns for two seasons. After that the NFL coaches thought I was a career backup. But I signed with Philly and after McNabb got hurt (again) I stepped up and led the Eagles to the playoffs. After that I got another starting job with the Buccaneers. Thanks Andy!

Michael Vick - ****, I was in jail. FING JAIL! Nobody wanted to F with me. Hell..... even in Atlanta all I knew how to do was run. I thought "QB rating" stood for "***** Bait Rating". But after I signed with Philly, I took that garbage a** Kevin Kolb's job, turned the world on its a**, and I got my endorcements back. Now I'm renegotiating my contract and I'm about to get SO PAID man...... Filthy rich.... My breath smells like a bank vault man. Thank you Coach Reid. You turned my motherFing life around, ****.

Kevin Kolb - My life was headed toward being a career backup. 1st of all I played college football at Houston, the same place David Klinger and Andre Ware won heisman trophys. Yeah....... That should be the first indication that I ain't worth a ****. I also have a noodle arm, no pocket presence, jittery feet, and I'm an interception machine. Frankly, when I'm in the game, I don't feel like I've done my job unless I throw a pick-six. But Andy Reid made me a somebody. Look at my stats. 11 tds and 14 ints. 5 pick-sixes. 3-4 record as a starter. Does that sound like Franchise Qb material to you? But Andy showcased my ability to follow a gameplan which enabled to me to win two Offensive Player of the Week Awards after McNabb got hurt (....... again). And those two weeks against two really ****ty defenses enabled me to get traded to a team of my own and have them believe I'm a franchise qb. :blink: Boy, are they in for a surprise. :roll: And even better than that...... Did you see my contract? I'm on some Slumdog millionaire **** son...... now I don't even speak to poor people. All thanks to that awesome swindler, Andy Reid.

Andy Reid - That's right folks. Come to Philly and we'll make you worth a ****. And if not, don't worry about it...... we'll make the rest of the dope NFL think you are and I'll get a 2nd round draft pick out of it anyway!

EPILOGUE:

Vince Young - Mr Andy Reid, sir...... I'd like to be worth a ****.

Andy Reid - Welcome to Philadelphia, young man.

bigbluedefense
07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
That was hilarious. I literally lol'd reading that.

TACKLE
07-29-2011, 01:40 PM

on a similar note

PP and Kolb >>> DRC and Gabbert

Splat
07-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I commanded the failboat.

HAHAHAHA...

fenikz
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM
on a similar note

ya i was thinking about that earlier made me feel a little better about the trade

SickwithIt1010
07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Nevermind...

delete

hockey619
07-29-2011, 02:56 PM
on a similar note

real question though is:

PP and Kolb >>> DRC and Gabbert + whoever that 2nd ends up being?

idk, i think gabbert is garbage, and kolb is too. thats a tough call.

Complex
07-29-2011, 02:59 PM
PP and DRC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kolb or Gabbert

Iamcanadian
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I think both Kolb and Gabbert will be just fine. Not great QB's but very solid starting NFL QB's quite capable of taking a team to the playoffs.
There is a lot more support for these 2 in pro football circles, and a bunch of opinions from draftniks doesn't add up to much till their careers prove the GM's and HC's who took these guys wrong.
Andy Reid was a strong supporter of Kolb and that carries a lot of weight with me given his track record for developing NFL starting QB's, and most people in the scouting community were high on Gabbert.
We'll just have to see how it plays out. Kolb will have to produce immediately for his new HC who has a pretty strong track record with QB's while Gabbert, we won't know about for at least 3 years.