PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

RaiderNation
07-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Well it looks like the lockout will finally come to an end this week, allowing the official start to the 2011 season, meaning we need a new thread! Here is our schedule...

Preseason:
Thursday, August 11 TBA Arizona Cardinals KICU
Saturday, August 20 TBA at San Francisco 49ers KTVU
Sunday, August 28 5:00 pm New Orleans Saints NBC
Friday, September 2 TBA at Seattle Seahawks KTVU

Regular Season:
Monday, September 12 7:15 pm at Denver Broncos ESPN
Sunday, September 18 10:00 am at Buffalo Bills CBS
Sunday, September 25 1:05 pm New York Jets CBS
Sunday, October 2 1:15 pm New England Patriots CBS
Sunday, October 9 10:00 am at Houston Texans CBS
Sunday, October 16 1:05 pm Cleveland Browns CBS
Sunday, October 23 1:05 pm Kansas City Chiefs CBS
BYE WEEK
Sunday, November 6 1:05 pm Denver Broncos CBS
Thursday, November 10 5:20 pm at San Diego Chargers NFLN
Sunday, November 20 10:00 am at Minnesota Vikings CBS
Sunday, November 27 1:05 pm Chicago Bears FOX
Sunday, December 4 10:00 am at Miami Dolphins CBS
Sunday, December 11 10:00 am at Green Bay Packers CBS
Sunday, December 18 1:05 pm Detroit Lions FOX
Saturday, December 24 10:00 am at Kansas City Chiefs CBS
Sunday, January 1 1:15 pm San Diego Chargers CBS

EricCartmann
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
and so it begins

How Fly Boy
07-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Well, let's start it off.

Biggest name to not make our final roster. I say Chaz Schilens.

_YL_
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I already requested Monday 12 off I'm ready for that game like no other. Got a new TV to watch it on and the NFL Sunday ticket for free this year im so ready for some football.

One thing we do know already is that the offense line is gonna be young and really inxeperince(sp) Which scares me but at the same time its a good thing cause finally we have some new faces and not the same ol faces that we know that are horrible. Jared Veldheer,Stefen Wisniewski,Joseph Barksdale,Bruce Campbell all need to step up.

_YL_
07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Well I heard Oakland is 15 mil over the cap from ESPN and that Oakland is 20 mill under the cap from NFLN. we shall see.

RaiderNation
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
One way or the other we are going to see a good amount of players be cut. My biggest concern is will we be able to resign Miller.

EvilNixon
07-25-2011, 08:43 PM
It's good to be back...

Schedule is tough and with no o-line in place, I expect a big step backwards.

RaiderNation
07-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I have the feeling we will go 7-9 this year, which isn't bad with the teams we have. I feel this is a transition year in a way with losing Nnamdi will change our defense up and the offense is still young and will hopefully make mote strides even with the questions we have on the oline. Rumor is Bruce Campbell has a real chance to play RT this season, which would be very interesting to see

Donno
07-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Al better be in full force to resign Asomugha hes the most important person on the team, I think cuts need to be made and some hard decisions.

RaiderNation
07-26-2011, 12:55 AM
I've heard we will likely restructure a goof amount of contracts to save us some space, but there's no doubt cuts will be made. Carlisle is all but gone

Komp
07-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Aso is gone, best of luck to him. Miller, however, we have a real shot of keeping in town and we should give him at least market value to retain his services. He is definitely a key cog to our offense as it continues to grow.

EvilNixon
07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Al better be in full force to resign Asomugha hes the most important person on the team, I think cuts need to be made and some hard decisions.

D-Mac, Seymour, and Veldheer are all more valuable and have larger impacts than than Nnamdi. Hell, I'd say Shaughnessy and Houston are more important to the defense. Love Nnamdi and I still think he's the best CB in football, but we have too many holes to fill for a guy who's the 3rd best player on our defense and isn't a leader.

EvilNixon
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Aso is gone, best of luck to him. Miller, however, we have a real shot of keeping in town and we should give him at least market value to retain his services. He is definitely a key cog to our offense as it continues to grow.

If he walks, I will be so pissed. 25 year old potential pro bowl tight ends don't grown on trees. He's a definite keeper for the future.

bernbabybern820
07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure we're in good cap position. I think espn added in dead money that shouldn't have been included.

RaiderNation
07-26-2011, 03:29 PM
It's being reported that Zach Miller is very likely to stay a Raider, which is awesome news. I haven't heard much of F/A's we have interest in, but that's most likely because we are still figuring out what we are going to do to our cap situation.

Also anybody see our UDFA's? I saw a short list earlier today and didn't recognize any names.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
It's going to be hard to see him go, but he's worth too much green...and at his position and age, how many more years can he be the player he is now?

Donno
07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
What kind of comp pick do you guys see us getting for Asomugha?

RaiderNation
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Well he is going to get a very very large contract and aren't those picks determined off that? It makes sense if we get the 3rd round pick and the trade we made during the draft. The comp will replace the 2nd we sent to the Patriots.

Komp
07-26-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm sure we will find a way to trade that pick to the Pats as well lol....

RaiderNation
07-27-2011, 03:32 AM
It was reported late last night that we have been in talks with OT Jared Gaither. I support this 100%. If Hue says he believes he can get the best out of Gaither, then it will be worth the money. He has injury concerns, but there is no doubt when healthy he is a top 10 OT in the NFL. Idk if he is open to playing RT, but i really wouldnt be mad at all if we moved Veldheer to RT.

Stash
07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Definitely need to lock up Miller.

LookItsAlDavis
07-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Heard some reports of us going after Cromartie and Braylon. I think espn's report of us being 15 mil over is wrong too. They're going to negotiate a long-term deal with wimbley that will save us some money against the cap too.

RaiderNation
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
We have interest in Lutui from Arizona as well. Fits the big olinemen we want for our power scheme.

Still no word if we have came to an agreement with Gaither, I'm sure we wil find out tomorrow though once F/A's can actually starting signing

We could add Vince Young as a back up to Campbell and potentially a replacement. If Hue thinks he can fix him on and off the field, we could have found a very good deal there. Just heard Adam Schefter say we will be a team interest in signing him once he is released

Also it looks like Michael Bush could be holding out, but also it would be he hasn't signed his tender since he wants to wait if anybody wants to give up a 1st and 3rd for him, which is very unlikely.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
We got Gaither.

RaiderNation
07-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Yup Gaither is a Raider. Now let's see if he is a LT or RT...

RaiderNation
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Gaithers agent Drew Rosenhaus tweeting it's not a done deal yet. I things don't fall through

Edit: now there's reports he was seen on the practice field with staff. I'm confused

RaiderNation
07-30-2011, 12:12 AM
The confusion is finally settled, Gaither will be a Raider once he passes his physical which I presume will be tomorrow.

I havethe feeling we will go after former Raider Chris Carr as Nnamdi's replacement. He has really improved his game and I'm sure Oakland will be the only place offering him a starting job.

EvilNixon
07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
No Gaither deal..resign Barnes...EFF ME SIDEWAYS

RaiderNation
07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Gaither doesn't pass physical, we resign Barnes. FML

Stash
07-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Would've been nice to have Gaither, but Veldheer was decent at LT and I'd like to see Campbell get a shot at RT.

EvilNixon
07-30-2011, 04:39 PM
sign another captain checkdown Trent Edwards.

Raiderz4Life
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I rly wanted Gaither :'(. But I would like to see Campbell in at RT.

We signed Edwards? Wtf for?

RaiderNation
07-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Campbell isn't even practicing last i time I checked. He couldn't pass the physical

thenewfeature06
07-31-2011, 06:46 PM
We didn't sign Gaither?

son of a *****. I swear we had him.

RaiderNation
08-01-2011, 03:13 AM
We didn't sign Gaither?

son of a *****. I swear we had him.

I still don't think we are out of it to sin him to join our team. We will likely revisit him in the coming weeks and see if there is any progress. We can likely get him for much cheaper as well and probably could see him play by mid season if he keeps healthy.

RaiderNation
08-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Also we got Huff back so we don't have to see Branch get burnt at FS.

Here's a breakdown of how I think things willgo for us in the remaining F/A period.
-Wimbleys restructured contract should be completed in the next day or 2, open up a good chunk of salary we can spend
-Miller in all likelihood will be signed right after Wimbleys reconstructed contract
-with some of the cap remaining, expect us to make a run at WR Malcom Floyd. We have been rumored to be interested in him, he is a local Northern California guy, and will give us a reliable large target
- A veteran olinemen will also likely be added into the mix, maybe a guy like Leonard Davis who has the size Al will look for could replace Gallery at LG
- It was reported earlier CB Chris Johnson was released, but he is still practicing with the team and likely restructured his contract and will be in play for a starting spot opposite Routt
- From reports I've seen from camp, Barksdale has been looking good and could land a starting spot similar to Veldheer last year( starting off inside, later working his way to RT)
-Also Jacoby Ford broke his hand but luckily is only going to miss around 2 weeks

slightlyaraiderfan
08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Pappa believes Miller will stay as a Raiders, and news/blog folks are running with it...

slightlyaraiderfan
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Looks like he could have been wrong, once again...good job Raiders.

Raiderz4Life
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Zach!! Nnnooo!!! ='(

RaiderNation
08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Looks like we have to try and overpay Kevin Boss to have decent TE on tue roster but I'd think he would go back to NY

Also **** you Miller

RaiderNation
08-02-2011, 05:21 PM
All hope isn't gone! Boss said today he wants to be a Raider, and he really wouldn't be that much of a downgrade from Miller IMO. Boss wasn't used properly in NY, and offers us very similar attributes that Miller brought to us. Big target, good hands, solid blocker. Plus we save money and maybe even sign a WR(Malcolm Floyd?)

Komp
08-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know how much Seattle threw at Miller, or was his bond with Cable that tight? Boss would not be too much of a downgrade, but it means we will have to draft a tight end in the next 2-3 years.

So what is the next move regarding Gaither?

RaiderNation
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know how much Seattle threw at Miller, or was his bond with Cable that tight? Boss would not be too much of a downgrade, but it means we will have to draft a tight end in the next 2-3 years.

So what is the next move regarding Gaither?

Miller said a deal was never materialized. We probably just couldn't get enough cap room to even offer a contract. Miller was contacted by Cable on Saturday and was informed Seattle was interested and would offer a contract. Miller waited 3 days to see if Oakland could do anything, and it looks like we just couldnt do it

Gaither is not under contract because he can't pass a physical since his back isn't healed up. We actually just signed a few olinemen today: Justin Smiley, Stephon Heyer and Seth Wand. Out of these 3, I can only see Smiley making the roster though as a Guard

Raiderz4Life
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Yea Smiley is the only one I can see making the roster. I hope get Boss...would be a small consolation.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Why are people mad at Miller? Raiders dropped the ball once again, he should have been a priority and he should have never been a FA in the first place.

Stash
08-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Definitely disappointed at how the Raiders have handled this offseason.

RaiderNation
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I think the deadline is tomorrow for teams to be under the cap, so I'd expect us to announce some type of restructuring or cuts in the next 24 hours. Hopefully we can get Boss too

slightlyaraiderfan
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Clayton says we have to clear 10 mil to get under, time to get creative!

RaiderNation
08-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Clayton says we have to clear 10 mil to get under, time to get creative!

Cut DHB!!!! Haha that would be even more bad press for us, but would be worth it. I just hope we can add Boss somehow before he signs with another team (probably the Eagles since they seem to be signing everyone). If we can get Boss I think the offense will be fine.

Reports from camp are Barksdale is playing great and likely will get a starting job. If he can be a impact player like Veldheer was last year, we could have a very solid oline.

EDIT: Also some very good news. Hue Jackson just said we are going to work out Kevin Boss tomorrow. Hopefully we can keep him in town after the workout and get a deal done.

Rookie Denarius Moore was burning Routt according to tweets. Beat him 3 times in a row.

RaiderNation
08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
We actually worked out Boss today and reports said it went well. Probably in contract talks right now. Come on Al!!!

Komp
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Rookie Denarius Moore was burning Routt according to tweets. Beat him 3 times in a row.

While this is great for Denarius, I'm not so sure it is good news for our secondary, especially considering the cash we threw at Routt this offseason.

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Boss is offically a Raider!!

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Here is a mock up of what our roster looks like right now. I can see us bringing Langston Walker back in to start at RT/RG depending on what we do with Barksdale

QB Jason Campbell
Trent Edwards
Kyle Boller

RB Darren McFadden
Michael Bush
Tawain Jones

FB Marcel Reece

WR Louis Murphy
Chaz Schilens
Jacoby Ford
Denarius Moore
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Nick Miller

TE Kevin Boss
Brandon Myers
Richard Gordon/Davis Ausberry

LT Jared Veldheer
Khalif Barnes

LG Daniel Loper
Just Smiley

C Stefen Wizniewski
Samson Satele

RG Cooper Carlsile
Bruce Campbell

RT Joseph Barksdale
Seth Wand

DE Matt Shaughnessy
Trevor Scott

DT Richard Seymour
Desmond Bryant

DT Tommy Kelly
John Henderson

DE Lamarr Houston
Jarvis Moss

SLB Kamerion Wimbley
Sam Williams

MLB Rolando McClain
Darryl Blackstock

WLB Quinton Groves
Travis Goethel

CB Stanford Routt
DeMarcus Van Dyke
Chimdi Chekwa

SS Tyvon Branch
Mike Mitchell

FS Michael Huff
Hiram Euegene

CB Chirs Johnson
Walter McFadden

K Sebastian Janokowski
P Shane Lechler
KR Jacoby Ford
PR Tawain Jones/Nick Miller

Donno
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Looking at those starting CB's just makes me facepalm.

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Looking at those starting CB's just makes me facepalm.

Ya it is going to be a rough year unless McFadden, Chekwa, or DVD step up

EvilNixon
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
That starting O-line makes me nauseous.

I wish Huff would move to CB so Mike Mitchell can get on the field more.

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 08:07 PM
That starting O-line makes me nauseous.

I wish Huff would move to CB so Mike Mitchell can get on the field more.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few packages like that just to get our best talent on the field at once

slightlyaraiderfan
08-05-2011, 09:22 PM
From the stuff that was said, it kind of sounds like we agreed to terms on Huff's deal quite a while ago. Wish we would have waited, because I don't think he would have been paid 16 mil this year once other offers started coming in...

RaiderNation
08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Bush signs his tender and is at camp. I have the feeling this will be his last season in Oakland :(

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
man unless we generate some serious pressure our DBs are gonna get raped lol and plz plz plz plz don't bring Langston Walker back...plz

RaiderNation
08-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I thought Walker played alright last year, a lot better than what we had seen at with Green at RT. I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back to play guard over Carlsile

And also Moore continues to be the star of camp. Now in the first string and still making great catches. :)

RaiderNation
08-07-2011, 01:30 AM
The first-team O-line on this day, then: (left tackle) Jared Veldheer, (left guard) Wisniewski, (center) Samson Satele, (right guard) Cooper Carlisle, (right tackle) Khalif Barnes. Reports said the oline looked much "beefier" look and wouldn't be surpsied if we stuck with this for a while. I just can't stand having Carlsile at RG, someone needs to step up and take that spot(hopefully when Bruce Campbell can once he is healthy)

Justin Smiley retired, we Derek Hagen and Chad Jackson as well.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Didn't we cut Carlisle?

RaiderNation
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Didn't we cut Carlisle?

It was reported we did, but I think he restructured just like CJ did

EvilNixon
08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
The right side of our line has no power lol.

RaiderNation
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I have the feeling Barksdale will be a starter somewhere on the oline. If Barnes can hold down RT, the Barksdale needs to start over Carlsile.

Stash
08-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Darn, I was hoping Wiz would play C. Don't think Satele fits the power scheme all that great, but he's not terrible.

RaiderNation
08-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I suggest you all go to raiders.com and watch the interviews. Listen to Rod Woodson today and got an encouraging vibe and info from him. Looks like we will be seeing more multiple look defenses, instead of man to man all the time.

Komp
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
We will need to play some zone from time to time with those corners, but I am sure Al will inform Rod which types of coverage he will be playing as the season goes on.

RaiderNation
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Matt Shaugnessy is looking like a Pro Bowl type player in camp according to a lot of reporters. If both he and Houston can take another step forward from last year and we see Seymour and Kelly still producing, our dline will be nasty

RaiderNation
08-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Looks like we are talking with CB Kelvin Hayden...

NotRickJames
08-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Looks like we are talking with CB Kelvin Hayden...

Good. We need more depth at corner.

I don't exactly have faith in Jeremy Ware and Walter McFadden. Not at all a believer in DVD either. Typical reach if you ask me.

I'm pumped for Denarius Moore, though. Guy was underrated in college and he's been getting rave reviews all camp.

RaiderNation
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Couldn't find the channel for the game today, kinda pissed me off. Hopefully they show replays on NFLN

RaiderNation
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
So I found the replay of the game is tomorrow night at like 11pm, so i guess i will have to wait to see my first look at our team. Here's some things I want to see

-Is the Denarius Moore hype for real? I hope to see him get a lot of reps, especially with Ford and Murphy out

-Can we cover? Routt is a good CB, but other than him we have question marks. Id like to see one of our young guys step up and make a play

-Are Barksdale and Wiz starting caliber yet? I really hope they are, because if they aren't we will have a lot of problems

-Boller vs Edwards. Who will win the 2nd string job? I really hope one of then can look decent enough for us to feel comfortable enough tonput in if Campbell goes down

slightlyaraiderfan
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
#Raiders now tell me game will be shown in LA at 12 midnight, rather than live at 7. Sorry. Shown in Bay Area tape-delayed at 9 on KICU 36

via Paul Gutierrez

Raiderz4Life
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
BBOOOOOOOOO thats stupid.

RaiderNation
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Hhmm I just found the game go show on today, must have added it. Does anybody know if Dixon, CA is considered apart of bay area tv? Because it says the game starts at 7

RaiderNation
08-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm watching my recording of the game, Khalif Barnes with 3 false starts with in just over a quarter. I really hope Barksdale can beat him out

Great to see our defensive line still looking great, they will be the reason why we won't be that hurt bythe loss of Nnamdi

Denarius Moore already with a big catch, this kid is this years Jacoby Ford

V.I.P
08-11-2011, 11:33 PM
He had a sexy return also, damn referees!

NotRickJames
08-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Lost my stream early, how has everyone been?

RaiderNation
08-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Looks like Huff will we our nickle cb, with Branch and Mitchell at the safeties. Hiram Eugene looks like he is out for the season.

Komp
08-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Looks like Huff will we our nickle cb, with Branch and Mitchell at the safeties. Hiram Eugene looks like he is out for the season.

Does this mean he won't be getting trucked by Ronnie Brown this year?

RaiderNation
08-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Does this mean he won't be getting trucked by Ronnie Brown this year?

Let's hope lol, atleast we won't had DVD( or some like to say VHS) start there. That kid isn't going to be able to tackle an NFL RB until he gains some weight.

Looks like Saints released RT Jon Stinchcomb. He would be a major upgrade over Barnes

RaiderNation
08-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Looks like Murphy will be out for the opener, so we could be down Ford and Murphy :( also Chris Johnson had surgery today and his timeline is unknown. The injuries to these guys are unknown.

I really hope we bring in a vet CB

Raiderz4Life
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Chaz Schilens won't be out?? That's a surprise.

thenewfeature06
08-18-2011, 04:17 PM
I really hope we bring in a vet CB

Kelvin Hayden!!!!!

Who else is out there?

RaiderNation
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Nothing really, which is why we need yo get Hayden in here asap

Also what's everyone's opinions on Terrell Pryor? Adam Schefter said the Raiders would be one of the teams possibly interested in him. As long as it's not 1-4 round pick id be fine with it. I think Hue Jackson could develop Pryor for a year or 2 while we see if Campbell can prove to us he will be a legit starting QB for all 16 games

Komp
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Personally, I don't think Pryor is much worse of a prospect than Vince Young coming out, but I didn't think Vince Young was all that great of a prospect as a Pro QB, despite the headlines and National Championship. I'm not particularly interested in Pryor and would prefer we pass on him, despite the obvious physical talent.

EvilNixon
08-19-2011, 08:25 AM
I'd give as high as a 3rd rounder and let Hue work with him. He's got all the tools.

RaiderNation
08-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd give as high as a 3rd rounder and let Hue work with him. He's got all the tools.

So we wouldn't have a 2nd or 3rd if we did that, which would really hurt us since we have gotten a lot of talent over the years in those rounds. I agree he has the ability, he just needs to refine and learn how to really be a QB

SolidGold
08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Pryor is a lesser version of Matt Jones. I wouldn't be pushing for your team to use a fairly high pick on him.

RaiderNation
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
It's either him or another young QB next year(just have the feeling we will add a developmental QB soon). I just feel the talent Pryor has and I think Hue can get it out of him. He was able to help Flacco be a starting caliber QB in his rookie year, was a contributor to making Palmer look like a franchise QB early in his career and looks like he is making Campbell into a trust worthy QB as well.

Also it looks like we might see Bruce Campbell play tomorrow. Hopefully we can look good enough to take the RG/RT spot

RaiderNation
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Official numbers from Pryor's pro day: 6'5 232lbs 4.41 40

Definitely has the numbers of a Raider. Wouldn't be surprised if we use a 4th

NotRickJames
08-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I fully expect Pryor to be a Raider.

bernbabybern820
08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Official numbers from Pryor's pro day: 6'5 232lbs 4.41 40

Definitely has the numbers of a Raider. Wouldn't be surprised if we use a 4th

We traded the 4th for J. Campbell.

RaiderNation
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
We traded the 4th for J. Campbell.

I read somewhere that we will get that pick back since we didn't make the playoffs last year. It was a conditional pick

thenewfeature06
08-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I will be pretty honest.. why not for Pryor?

Supp draft, ehhhhhhhhhh lets do it. Rare talent and I really think if Hue got the best of him he could maybe develop into our guy. I know right now that he isn't a starter at all.

RaiderNation
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Rumor is we are looking to trade for a big name, but the position isn't known yet. This is coming from a guy who claims to have inside sources. I'd really hope that it's for an olinemen

Stash
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I'd really hope it's for a QB lol.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-21-2011, 10:40 PM
So we are trading our 1st rounder again, eh?

edit: rumors say it's carl nicks.

Stash
08-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Hopefully he doesn't cost a 1st. I don't know how I'd feel about giving that up for a guard.

thenewfeature06
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah that would be pretty wierd though Nicks is known to be maybe the best guard in the NFL.

I would give a 2nd and next years 2nd maybe.

RaiderNation
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Looks like Pryor will be a Raider, we take him in the 3rd

thenewfeature06
08-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Not too mad.. lol I saw this over my buddies today elevated and just laughed.

The thing is I think if we were to be drafted in the actual draft he would be taken somewhere in the 4th 5th or 6th... and for Al that isn't too far off.

Not saying we couldn't have gotten somebody better but its whatever we will see how it works.

EvilNixon
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm excited.

Raiderz4Life
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I hate this....can't begin to comprehend how vehemently disappointed and against this Pryor move I am.

Stash
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
^It was just the supplemental draft so I don't see what the big deal is.

Raiderz4Life
08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
He gave up a 3rd rounder for Pryor. Albeit he was gonna probably waste it anyways....I would have rather rolled the dice in the actual draft.

RaiderNation
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
I have the feeling this will work out for us in the end. Pryor being tutored by Hue for a year and having a strong running game behind him will hive him the chance to succeed

NotRickJames
08-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't of minded grabbing Pryor if we hadn't essentially used our 2012 third rounder to do it.....that's terrible.

Stash
08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
He gave up a 3rd rounder for Pryor. Albeit he was gonna probably waste it anyways....I would have rather rolled the dice in the actual draft.
Yeah, sorry. I hadn't paid enough attention to the supp draft in the past to realize it costs us a draft pick next year. That does suck lol.

Donno
08-22-2011, 08:48 PM
As a partial Ohio State fan I didn't like him as a passer, now with the Raiders I expect the same problems, what a waste. Stupid ass Al.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't like spending a 3rd on a "athlete", this isn't college where he can be groomed into a position.

We better be getting a 2nd and 3rd for Aso and Miller, these wasted picks are so valuable.

Raiderz4Life
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't like spending a 3rd on a "athlete", this isn't college where he can be groomed into a position.

We better be getting a 2nd and 3rd for Aso and Miller, these wasted picks are so valuable.

specially when they're potential top 5 picks. we have no 2nd 3rd or 4th as of right now.

RaiderNation
08-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks like Bruce Campbell is getting close to becoming a starter at RG. He looked good vs the 49ers and hopefully would be a upgrade over Carlisle.

Also it looks like either Kirk Morrison or Lofa Tatupu will become a Raider soon. It's unclear if it is to be a back up ILB (meaning Goethel moves to WLB), or they will compete with Groves at WLB.

Still no Pryor signing which is disappointing. Hopefully he can be signed sometime this week and be able to play in our last pre season game.

RaiderNation
08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Actually looks like Goethel tore up his knee and will be out for the year.

RaiderNation
08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Updates from camp:

Terrelle Pryor signed tonight, 4 year deal

Taiwan Jones has been impressive at practice, rumors of him getting a package so we can get him on the field. DMC could be be lined up in the slot

Rumors of us talking to Channing Crowder, could be our back up ILB since Goethel is out for the year. Maybe gets a shot as WLB

Michael Bush's DUI charge from the off season has been dropped.

RaiderNation
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Looks like we signed vet CB Lito Sheppard. His 40 time must have impressed Al enough. Not sure if he has anything left on the field

Also Terrelle Pryor will be wearing #6, despite #2 being open. Seems like he is just copying LeBron wearing 6 but hey if he plays anything like LeBron out on the field I will be very happy

slightlyaraiderfan
08-28-2011, 09:57 PM
defense still looks terrible, especially that run d.

Ozzy
08-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I know it is only preseason but.....

Taiwan Jones for you guys in crazy impressive, his open field speed is really something and he is not afraid to get hit and break some tackles, that appears to be a great draft pick and should have a good year. Impressive player!

And Derek Hagan is a man among boys in that game, big physical guy, shows that breaking tackles and being physical can be even more important that just straight up speed.

Tyvon Branch is crazy impressive as well, very good looking safety that is tough!

RaiderNation
08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Didn't get to see the game since I had work, plus it was blacked out anyways. Looks like it will be replaying on NFLN tomorrow night

bernbabybern820
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
defense still looks terrible, especially that run d.

The pass D looked a lot worse than the run D. It was child's play for Brees.

RaiderNation
08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Hopefully once teams have to cut down to 53 players that a few CB's will be on the market. It would be great to get a guy who has some expirience. There is no way the coaching staff is comfortable with DVD starting

RaiderNation
08-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Here is a good video of what Taiwan Jones did against the Saints. The guy has so much speed, we might have the best talent 1 through 3 at RB in the NFL.

_-_mxXyoTNs

Also looking a forward, if Jones really shows us he is talented enough to be a #1 or 2 guy we could try and trade Michael Bush. I hope there is a way to keep all of them but with all the other needs we have we could end up getting a high pick or starting caliber player for him

RaiderNation
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Good news from camp, CB Chris Johnson is back practicing and should play inthe opener. Also John Henderson is on the field as well so hopefully we can help our run defense when he is ready.

First cuts were today, no big surprises yet. Once we go from 80 to 53, I expect us to cut Mike Mitchell or put him on IR possibly. Rumors are his injury could be serious and we like Boyd enough to cut him. We will see though

billybeejr
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
I hope Pryor is good just because of how sweet he looks in the raider uniform.

NotRickJames
08-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I was hoping for Pryor to wear 2. I am disappoint.

Derek Hagan is dirty, he's earned a spot on the team.

I'm throwing in the towel on Glass Schilens.

RaiderNation
08-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Hagen might be our most underrated addition this off season. He basically looks like what we all think Schilens could be for us, except he is healthy. Also I loved seeing him in #80, thought it just matched what he brings to the team.

hawkeye123
09-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Omg that Pryor sig is sick.

RaiderNation
09-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Just started watching the game, glad to see Ford back.

RaiderNation
09-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I thought both first teams looked good, ready for Denver. Should be ben better with DMC, Seymour and Chris Johnson all returning.

I think DE Jarvis Moss will be a impact back up for us. He has looked really solid against run and has 3 sacks this preseason.

Quinton Groves continues to stand out as a weakness on defense. We can only pray that a decent OLB is released tomorrow or we work out a trade for Lance Briggs

RaiderNation
09-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Here is my 53 man roster prediction...

QB Jason Campbell
Kyle Boller
Trent Edwards
I am still not 100% sure on who the #2 is, but whoever the #3 is better be ready to be cut once Pryor is allowed to come back

RB Darren McFadden
Michael Bush
Taiwan Jones
No surprises here, I expect to see these 3 to get a lot of touches throughout the season

FB Marcel Reece
Rock Cartwright
Reece is going to be a valueable weapon for us, and Cartwright is a leader in the lockeroom and contributes on special teams

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Jacoby Ford
Louis Murphy
Denarius Moore
Derek Hagen
Chaz Schilens
With all the injuries we have, expect us to keep 6 guys and eventually cut one once the season progresses. My guy who will be is Schilens, since he is made out of glass and likely will be hurt at somepoint during the year. I thought Hagen looked great during the preseason and could be a possession WR for us. Also don't call me crazy, but I think DHB is going to be our breakout player on offense....

TE Kevin Boss
Brandon Myers
Richard Gorden
I think Gorden can be an assest right away as a run blocker, and Ausberry will likely be added to the practice squad. Boss and Myers offers Campbell a good underneath option if our WR's aren't open downfield.

LT Jared Veldheer
Stephon Heyer
Veldheer looked good in the preseason and looks to be a legit LT. I liked what I saw from Heyer in the preseason, and he could potentially replace Barnes at RT

LG Stephen Wisniewski
Daniel Loper
We might see Wiz slide to C by seasons end, but all signs point to him getting the nod at LG. Loper hasn't shown much so far and I could maybe see Heyer sliding inside to LG if Wiz moves to C

C Samson Satele
Obvious selection here with Wiz at LG. Satele did look decent during the preseason

RG Cooper Carlisle
Bruce Campbell
I thought Carlisle looked really solid during the preseason, but with Campbell lurking it feels like it is only a matter of time before he hits the field.

RT Khalif Barnes
Joseph Barksdale
Our weak spot on the oline is here at RT. Barnes is a good backup, but I just think he will be a penatly type RT similar to what Cornell Green was. Barksdale is our future RT, and I hope he can be ready to step in at RT some point this year.

LDE Lamarr Houston
Trevor Scott
No surprises on the dline. It was good to see Scott be able to be on the field after his ACL tear last year

LDT Richard Seymour
Desmond Bryant
Once again no surprises. I thought Bryant looked nice during the preseason

RDT Tommy Kelly
John Henderson
As previously stated, no surprises along the dline. We will see if Henderson has anything left in the tank this year. I have the feeling we might look at DT in the 1st round after this year if he doesn't

RDE Matt Shaughnessy
Jarvis Moss
Hey who would of knew, no surprises again. Shaughnessy is my breakout player on defense, I see him as a pro bowl candidate this year. Moss will be a productice back up as well

SLB Kamerion Wimbley
Sam Williams
Wimbley is a lock, and Williams still has his Al Davis scholarship as a special teams contributor.

ILB Rolando McClain
Darryl Blackstock
I could see Blackstock being our WLB, depending on what we decide to do when the cuts happen. I personally hope we add a F/A WLB more than a ILB

WLB Quinton Groves
Bani Gbadyu
I really don't like Groves as a starter and think he will be our biggest weak point on defense. Hopefully we can add an upgrade over the weekend.

CB Stanford Routt
DeMarcus Van Dyke
Walter McFadden
Routt is a lock as a starter, and despite being beat throughout the preseason I actually did like some of the things I saw from Van Dyke. He was with the WR's on most all the passes completed, he just needs to learn how to play the ball. The McFadden selection was a hard one, it really seems like a toss up between him, Ware and Porter.

SS Tyvon Branch
Jerome Boyd
I guess this is the most surprising cut of them all. Mitchell's injury might be more serious than whats being said, and he might either get cut or go on the IR. It seems like the coaching staff likes what they see from Boyd as well

FS Michael Huff
Stevie Brown
Chemdi Chekwa
Chekwa is on the bubble since he hasn't had much time on the field with his injuries. I think the coaching staff see's him as a FS but also could see some spot duty as a nickle or dime CB

CB Chris Johnson
Lito Sheppard
Sheppard most likely will be our nickle CB unless we find a better vet during the weekend. I hope the coaching staff doesnt rely on Van Dyke as our Nickle for the first game

K Sebastian Janokowski
P Shane Lechler
LS Jon Condo
No surprises as expected

If Mitchell is ready to come back, expect Chekwa and McFadden/Ware/Porter to battle it out for that final CB spot. I'd think Chekwa would get the nod since we did just use a 4th on him and he offers versitility as a potential FS

RaiderNation
09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Here is our practice squad: Sterling Moore, Jamie Cumbie, Mason Brodine, Manase Tonga, Alex Parsons, Kevin Brock, J Leman, Eddie McGee

Looks like we signed Ricky Brown again

RaiderNation
09-05-2011, 11:54 PM
WR 85 Darrius Heyward-Bey
18 Louis Murphy
17 Denarius Moore

LT
68 Jared Veldheer
75 Stephon Heyer

LG
61 Stefen Wisniewski
74 Bruce Campbell

C

64 Samson Satele
61 Stefen Wisniewski

RG 66 Cooper Carlisle
74 Bruce Campbell

RT
69 Khalif Barnes
72 Joe Barksdale

TE
87 Kevin Boss
83 Brandon Myers
82 Richard Gordon/86 David Ausberry
WR
12 Jacoby Ford
81 Chaz Schilens
89 Nick Miller

FB
45 Marcel Reece

RB
20 Darren McFadden
29 Michael Bush
22 Taiwan Jones

QB
8 Jason Campbell
7 Kyle Boller

Defense

DE
99 Lamarr Houston
91 Trevor Scott

DT
92 Richard Seymour
90 Desmond Bryant

DT
93 Tommy Kelly
79 John Henderson

DE
77 Matt Shaughnessy
94 Jarvis Moss

OLB
52 Quentin Groves
58 Bruce Davis II

MLB
55 Rolando McClain
57 Ricky Brown

OLB
96 Kamerion Wimbley
56 Darryl Blackstock

SS
33 Tyvon Branch
34 Mike Mitchell
30 Jerome Boyd

FS
24 Michael Huff
27 Matt Giordano

CB
26 Stanford Routt
35 Chimdi Chekwa
28 Joe Porter

CB
37 Chris Johnson
23 DeMarcus Van Dyke

Specialists

K
11 Sebastian Janikowski

P
9 Shane Lechler

LS
59 Jon Condo

KOR
12 Jacoby Ford
89 Nick Miller
17 Denarius Moore

PR
89 Nick Miller
12 Jacoby Ford
17 Denarius Moore

H
9 Shane Lechler

RaiderNation
09-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I am pissed to see Nick Miller is still on the roster and is our punt returner. Would much rather have Moore, Ford or Jones back there with their homerun speed. I am disappointed we didn't add a WLB or CB through waivers, but I think with Chris Johnson starting over DVD we will see a big improvement in our pass defense. I am also confused to see Hagen not on the depth chart even though he made the team. We are carrying 7 WR's for now(probably 6 once Murphy is able to be back) and I am praying we keep Hagen over Miller.

RaiderNation
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
It has been 6 days without any other users not posting in here except for me... I feel alone lol

Donno
09-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Haha sorry bud been busy, Ill try to post more often. How do you guys see us doin on Monday? Last time we went into Mile High we beat the hell outta them, I can see us beating em. If they don't we know where our seasons headed.

RaiderNation
09-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Haha sorry bud been busy, Ill try to post more often. How do you guys see us doin on Monday? Last time we went into Mile High we beat the hell outta them, I can see us beating em. If they don't we know where our seasons headed.

I think it will be a lot closer than the last game, but I think we will still win by atleast 10. They haven't addressed the run defense and if I'm not mistaken we still have one of the best RB's duos in the league plus a sprinkle of Taiwan Jones here and there. I'm more interested to see our pass defense and see if Chris Johnson can be decent at the #2 CB spot. If he can we should be fine on defense.

It looks like Boss won't be ready for the opener which is why we currently have 4 TEs on the roster. Mitchells status is up in the air as well but I hope he can play since he will be a big upgrade a WLB in our packages.

RaiderNation
09-07-2011, 02:38 AM
It double posted for some reason

RaiderNation
09-07-2011, 02:39 AM
Make that tipple haha

But if I were to give a score prediction for the game, I'd say something like 27-17 with DMC and Bush getting a good amount of carries and Campbell would likely add in a long TD to Ford/DHB/Moore that will put us over the top for the win. I'm excited to see if Hagen will get playing this in the opener as well. He was our best WR in the preseason and I think he deserves to see the field

Diehard
09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
But if I were to give a score prediction for the game, I'd say something like 27-17 with DMC and Bush getting a good amount of carries and Campbell would likely add in a long TD to Ford/DHB/Moore that will put us over the top for the win.

IMO, this game will be won and lost almost entirely based on the performance of your run offense. The thing that killed us last year was big runs to the outside. Our edges and team speed are definitely improved, so I have some hope in that respect. The injuries to our DT's is my main concern - if the Raiders can run inside effectively, it will be a long night for the Broncos.

On the other hand, if Campbell & Co can be put into a situation where they are forced to air it out, I can see some good things happening for us, as our pass rush (from both the player and scheme perspectives) is light years better than it was last year.

Anyway, I'm preparing myself for an ugly game regardless of the outcome. The lack of proper offseason prep time is likely going to have some implications for the product on the field.

Stash
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I like our run game and pass rush, but I'm worried about pretty much everything else.

NotRickJames
09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Denver will undoubtedly focus in on stopping the run game and forcing Campbell to win the game. Not much faith in JC at all.

Hopefully the Donkeys can't establish their ground game otherwise I can see Orton to Lloyd for a long TD on play action. Meh.

Should be an interesting test.

Donno
09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
As much as I hate to say it we're about 2-3 injuries away from tankin the season

RaiderNation
09-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I remember reading the Broncos have injuries their already weak DT's. The only thing that scares me about their defense is Dumervil who's coming off a big injury and Miller who is a rookie. If they can't generate pressure we should have a field day against their secondary

RaiderNation
09-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Tully Banta-Cain is being worked out for by us. Probably giving him a look at WLB. Idk if he is a fit, but if he is better than Groves then I am all for it

RaiderNation
09-10-2011, 12:32 AM
I hope this is good news, but our DC said what you saw in the preseason with our defense was "vanilla", and expect better play when the season hits.

Take it as you want, but this makes me believe we will see more zone and blitz's. Remember Shaughnessy getting a INT in a zone blitz? Hopefully more of that is to come

Donno
09-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Tully Banta-Cain is being worked out for by us. Probably giving him a look at WLB. Idk if he is a fit, but if he is better than Groves then I am all for it

Not bad, I completely agree Ill take any upgrade we can get. As for our defense we should do fine, Shaughnessy is lookin pro bowl good.

RaiderNation
09-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Not bad, I completely agree Ill take any upgrade we can get. As for our defense we should do fine, Shaughnessy is lookin pro bowl good.

He might be actually getting a look as our back up SLB especially since we cut Sam Williams and I honestly dont even know who backs up Wimbley. I agree Shaughnessy looks like he will be the breakout player on defense for us.

Also it looks like Louis Murphy will be out for more than the opener, which explains why Nick Miller is still on the roster. Probably 2-4 weeks before he is able to play, which is right around the time Pryor will be back so Miller can be the guy who gets cut

Donno
09-11-2011, 01:12 AM
So the starters on Monday are DHB and Ford?

slightlyaraiderfan
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
game day bitches. yes, we have a million receivers, but lets run it down their throats.

RaiderNation
09-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I am still sticking with my 27-17 win for us tonight. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game live, but will get updates through the radio and on my phone. I'm expecting as a team to get over 150 yards rushing combine with DMC, Bush and Jones. We will see how the oline does against Dumervil and Miller, who both looked good during he preseason. Veldheer should be fine, but Barnes will likely have trouble. Boss and Murphy will be out, so maybe we will see more 6 olinemen sets on the field which should mean we will run the ball.

On defense it will be interesting to see how Chris Johnson is able to play after coming off an injury. We shouldn't have problems against their run offense since there oline isn't anything special and Moreno is average at best. They have talent at WR though and Orton can be effective in the right situation.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
That shouldnt have been an ugly win, at least it was nice to see the the front 7 create pressure.

Donno
09-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Front 4 looked like monsters.

RaiderNation
09-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Watching the game right now, right before halftime. Our defense looks nasty, and I am loving the creativity of both sides of the ball. We are blitzing! The front 4 is the backbone of our defense and have owned the Broncos so far. Excited to see the 63 yard field goal coming up as well lol

RaiderNation
09-13-2011, 02:12 AM
I really like what Trent Dilfer has said about the Raiders during the game and he clearly watched him film on us before the game. He sees all the weapons on offense, the overall talent on defense, we just need to be disciplined and not get so many damn flags. If we cut them in half, it would help us so much on both sides of the ball.

hawkeye123
09-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Why isn't Barksdale starting over Barnes?

RaiderNation
09-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Why isn't Barksdale starting over Barnes?

The staff probably thinks he isn't ready. Ive been predicting around week 8 that Barkadale will get his shot and hopefully take it. I actually thought Barnes had played decent though , way better than I thought he would.

Komp
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
The staff probably thinks he isn't ready. Ive been predicting around week 8 that Barkadale will get his shot and hopefully take it. I actually thought Barnes had played decent though , way better than I thought he would.

Honestly, you watch the game and you can see Barnes always talking to the other offensive players, helping guys up, pats on the helmet, etc. Despite the false starts he is busting his butt out there and trying to bring some veteran leadership to an offense that needs it. He definitely played better than I was anticipating.

RaiderNation
09-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Honestly, you watch the game and you can see Barnes always talking to the other offensive players, helping guys up, pats on the helmet, etc. Despite the false starts he is busting his butt out there and trying to bring some veteran leadership to an offense that needs it. He definitely played better than I was anticipating.

Ya I do agree if he does cut down on the flags I would be fine with him at RT, if he can keep up the type of play he had last night. Though Denver's dline is weak, Barnes and the other all looked solid and opened up holes for DMC and Bush.

On a side note, I was disappointed to see Taiwan Jones and Denarius Moore not be involved in the offense last night. I would atleast put one of them back returning punts just to get the ball in their hands. I still don't understand why Nick Miller is on the team.

EvilNixon
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
We desperately need a QB.

Stash
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
We desperately need a QB.
This. It is so frustrating to watch Campbell lock on to the RB's immediately after the snap on 3rd and long situations. The only times he attempted to throw it further than 5 yards were on play-action fakes.

EvilNixon
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
That missed throw to DHB was a killer...

RaiderNation
09-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I thought Campbell played decent last night, just enough for us to win. Denver's secondary isn't great, but they do have some nice players back there against our young WR's so I expected some difficulties from the passing game. Don't give up on him week 1, I expect the passing offense to improve once Boss is able to come back

NotRickJames
09-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Campbell is not the answer. We know this.

Buffalo next, good chance at a 2-0 start.

RaiderNation
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Looks like Kevin Boss is practicing today which is a great sign for him bein able to play this week. Another weapon for Campbell to throw to and will give us a good run blocker.

I am still hoping we are looking at some OLBs though, it was obvious to me that Groves is our weakest player on defense

Komp
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I am still hoping we are looking at some OLBs though, it was obvious to me that Groves is our weakest player on defense

I agree. It would be nice to add a rangy OLB with the effective tackling of McClain and the pass rushing skills of Wimbley. I don't think we can trust Groves to cover RB's or TE's and his pass rushing skills are pretty minimal considering he is a converted DE.

I think this week's game will be fairly close. The Raiders traditionally suck at Sunday morning East Coast starts, but Hue's approach may help. If our secondary can tighten things up and Campbell can hit a couple deeper throws I think we will have a good shot at the W. If we can complement our run game with an efficient passing game, there are not many teams that can hold us under 20 points.

RaiderNation
09-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I haven't gave my official prediction either, but I have the feeling this game could come down to the last drive for a team. Maybe Janokowski hits another long field goal?

Also some bad news, Jacoby Ford and Michael Huffs status for Sunday are up in the air. Looks like Boss will play though

thenewfeature06
09-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Ford has quickly become our best offensive player right behind DMAC and kinda has been since last year.. we need more guys like him that love to play the game and leave it out on the field.

Glad to have Boss back if true and hopefully we can run it even better than we did last week!

RaiderNation
09-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks like Huff is back at practice today and should be fine to play. Ford still out and it's looking doubtful he will play on Sunday. We also gave Taiwan Jones some looks at KR today which is a good sign, I have having Miller back there.

RaiderNation
09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Ford is officially out. Hopefully this means we see some Denarius Moore

RaiderNation
09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I think we will be fine without Ford. Hagan will get a chance to play and I think he could be our best WR on the team at this point. I hope to see Hagan and Schilens be more involved as the #2 guys and we will see if DHB can keep it up. Moore should also see more snaps in the packages designed for Ford.

Also idk if you all have heard about this but I guess Janikowski got into trouble last year for battery and false imprisonment right before the Cardinals game. It wasn't reported and the possibility of him getting a suspension is still unknown

Stash
09-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the old Seabass lol. I thought those days were behind him.

EvilNixon
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Ford has quickly become our best offensive player right behind DMAC and kinda has been since last year.. we need more guys like him that love to play the game and leave it out on the field.

Glad to have Boss back if true and hopefully we can run it even better than we did last week!

We tried force feeding him the ball and the offense looked bad...He's the 3rd WR when Murph gets back.

RaiderNation
09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
We tried force feeding him the ball and the offense looked bad...He's the 3rd WR when Murph gets back.

It will be real interesting to see where Murphy is on the depth chart when he does come back. DHB is a lock at #1 but if Hagan gets a chance to play I really think he can become our #2 guy out there with Ford coming in on his packages.

RaiderNation
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Gonna give my prediction for tomorrow's games before I head out tonight.

26-20 Raiders win
It's going to a much more closer game than last week, even thought the score doesn't actually say so. Our running game will still be effective and McFadden will go 100+ again. Campbell will have a better performance, throwing a long TD to DHB to put us ahead.

On defense our dline will again be the difference and will win us the game. Kamerion Wimbley will get a sack or 2 as well as Kelly. Ther interior oline is young and Seymour and crew will dominate. Fitzpatrick will have a decent game against us, putting up a good amount of yards but will throw a costly INT to Tyvon Branch that will kill a good drive of theirs.

RaiderNation
09-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Looks like Boss and DHB are out which is surprising. Reports yesterday said they would play. Hagan and Schilens will see the field a lot

Rob S
09-18-2011, 03:24 PM
That was a fantastic game. Well played, guys.

RaiderNation
09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Definitely one of the better games so far this year. The defense really took a **** in the 2nd half. The fumble was the changing point in the game and after that we rarely got any pressure on Fitzpatrick. At least it looks like we found a star in Denarius Moore though.

nobodyinparticular
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Game goats handed out for the Bills game
The whole defense just crapped the bed in the 2nd half, but Nick Miller is the goat of this team. He didn't help the Raiders score any points with his horrible returns.

How many things went wrong in the 2nd half?

1. Nick Miller. You should not be in the NFL. Go bag some groceries. And cut your dang hair. You're not Clay Matthews.
2. Chris Johnson. Don't think the rest of the secondary is getting off easy, but Chris Johnson you especially crapped the bed against Stevie Johnson today. You took the bait when Johnson started to initiate contact with you, getting flagged for way too many penalties. And then you let him have a field day catching the ball. You've had very good games, but this was not one of them. You had the game in your hands with that pick in the end zone and couldn't hold onto it.
3. The entire Raider secondary. Boyd and Giordano, you were a step slow and couldn't tackle today. You let Jackson and Spiller combine into a Beast Mode Megazord. Branch, you could have ended the game a drive early with a pick in the endzone but couldn't hang onto it--allowing Chandler to catch a big touchdown with 4 minutes left in the game. Huff, you missed tackles and allowed the slot receiver to make too many catches. Routt, you didn't have a lockdown game, but you were okay. You get off the hook. Nice pick.
4. Raiders dline. You came out in the 1st half and set the tone. Then you allowed Jackson and Spiller to run wild and Fitzpatrick to have a clean pocket. You started the 21-0 run by the Bills. You stepped back up at the end of the 4th to disrupt the pocket but you just couldn't close it out. If you just finish one sack, the game is over.

thenewfeature06
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Being up 21-3 you could imagine with our run game being better than our passing game, that we could have ended it but it was still slightly early I guess...

:/ like Raidernation said though Denarious looks saaaaaaaaaweeet.

redbills
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
raise hand it u drafted D.Moore

....redbills throws up his hand....

RaiderNation
09-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Looking back at the stats, I feel our offense just didn't get the homerun run by McFadden that we seem to usually get now. Credit the Bills D though their run D was solid against us even though we did still get some yards. Our offense isn't back at full force yet. Can't wait to see what Boss can do and how we use DHB Ford and Moore all together.

Hopefully we will see Nick Miller cut too :)

RaiderNation
09-20-2011, 07:05 PM
The one positive I took from this loss is our passing game looked very improved from week 1, even with Ford, DHB, Murphy and Boss not playing. Campbell looked comfortable in the pocket and made some very nice passes. Hopefully we get back some of the WR's and Boss before our game

thenewfeature06
09-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Mangold not playing will be bigger than people think.. I still think they will be able to manage but our interior DL could really force Sanchez to throw the ball more than expected.

RaiderNation
09-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Rumors circulating that FS Darren Sharper is talking with us. He would help our pass D out when Huff slides into the nickle

Donno
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
After Sunday we have to leave Moore at the X receiver position and play Hagan more, these guys looked better than our usual starters.

EvilNixon
09-20-2011, 09:21 PM
1 game...dude....1 game. Everyone wanted Ford to start this year because of two good games..Let's let this play out before we start making sweeping statements.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Good news guys, looks like Taiwan Jones will be returning kicks this weekend!

RaiderNation
09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Even more good news, the game is officially sold out! Will be televised locally. If we are able to win this game we will sellout next week as well. Huge pressure on us, I think it's going to be a close game. Their dline is overrated and I see DMC and Bush combining for over 150 yards. The main factor is will Campbell be able to throw the ball against their talented secondary. Hopefully we will see DHB, Ford and Boss back

Raiderz4Life
09-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Our best bet imo is to stretch em out with DHB Ford and Moore and attack their 'backers with DMC and Boss.

NotRickJames
09-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Denarius!

Believe The Hype!

RaiderNation
09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Looks like Ford will probably be out again this Sunday, but we are getting DHB and Boss back.

RaiderNation
09-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Van Dyke and Mitchell out on defense as well

nobodyinparticular
09-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Van Dyke and Mitchell out on defense as well

Do the Raiders even have 3 CBs healthy to play tomorrow? Yikes.

RaiderNation
09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Do the Raiders even have 3 CBs healthy to play tomorrow? Yikes.

Routt, CJ, Chekwa and Porter are healthy to play, I think we will see Huff play a lot of nickel again

RaiderNation
09-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Here's my prediction for today's game against the Jets.

27-24 Raiders

Very sloppy game to begin with, but things will start looking better for both teams in the 2nd quarter. Bad weather will play into the game and the team that can run consistently will likely get the upper hand. I see a lot more Bush today than what we saw last week, DMC will haw another very good game as well. If we can cause a couple turnovers we will win this game.

RaiderNation
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Also great news right before the game starts, Nick Miller is inactive! We finally realized he is nothing to us. It will be interesting to see how Moore and Jones do

Donno
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Great game today, I was in attendance completely packed house gotta love it.

RaiderNation
09-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Season saving win IMO, if we were to start off 1-3 and play Patriots and Texans back to back would a bad situation.

Huge game from McFadden again, he is an elite RB. The dline showed up in the 2nd half, and held the Jets to only 7 points. Chekwa had an impressive game stepping in for CJ, I hope he can keep it up. Denarius Moore continues to look like the steal of the draft, cant wait until we get all our WRs back and healthy to see what this offense could really look like. Campbell once again played well enough for the win, he is he leader on offense and looked totally in control.

descendency
09-26-2011, 01:15 AM
I had the @Raiders game listed as the most likely "trap" game for NE.

1) West coast
2) Good team that may get overlooked by a young, cocky team that has had some success (see Browns game 2010) - though, I had a feeling we'd win against the Bills (and probably by 14+)
3) Jets next week.
4) The game isn't against a divisional opponent.

With the Bills loss, I have a feeling the Raiders may get more of the Patriots attention than they would have liked. Then again, DMC should get 200+ yards.

Stash
09-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Season saving win IMO, if we were to start off 1-3 and play Patriots and Texans back to back would a bad situation.

Huge game from McFadden again, he is an elite RB. The dline showed up in the 2nd half, and held the Jets to only 7 points. Chekwa had an impressive game stepping in for CJ, I hope he can keep it up. Denarius Moore continues to look like the steal of the draft, cant wait until we get all our WRs back and healthy to see what this offense could really look like. Campbell once again played well enough for the win, he is he leader on offense and looked totally in control.
You cannot be serious. Don't you say something like this every week? At what point will you realize that our passing attack won't change much until we get a real QB instead of captain checkdown? We were 0/8 on third down conversions today for a reason. If DMC and the run game weren't so awesome this team would be in trouble.

RaiderNation
09-26-2011, 02:55 AM
You cannot be serious. Don't you say something like this every week? At what point will you realize that our passing attack won't change much until we get a real QB instead of captain checkdown? We were 0/8 on third down conversions today for a reason. If DMC and the run game weren't so awesome this team would be in trouble.

Before today Campbell has had the 3rd best QB rating the last 7 weeks(going back 5 games into last season). I will let you figure out the 2 who were ahead of him.

My point is, it isn't pretty but All Pro QBs don't grow on trees. Campbell may not be that QB you look at and say go win me a game, but with the way our team has been playing this year it's obvious to me we can do things with him. We are built like a 1970's football team just like Al wants, and we still play that type of football we it comes down to it. We run the ball and he offense is centered around the RB(s). Even our oline is built for us to pound the ball. Campbell fits in as the veteran QB that won't go out and throw 3ints trying to be the hero, but as the game manager giving us a chance to win if the our players play like there suppose to. Being a veteran also gives this offense a coach on the field, I thought it was obvious Campbell looked poised against one if the best defenses in the NFL and made the right decisions when asked. Once we truely get back Ford and Murphy to go with Moore, DHB, Hagan and Schilens I expect the pass offense to take another step forward. That's 6 talented weapons to use, along with Boss who I see being a great option underneath similar to how Zach Miller was last year.

Did you not see Campbell last week? I thought Campbell played the best out of any player on the team last week and without a good game from him there would be no way we have any shot to score in the 2nd half.

Stash
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Before today Campbell has had the 3rd best QB rating the last 7 weeks(going back 5 games into last season). I will let you figure out the 2 who were ahead of him.

My point is, it isn't pretty but All Pro QBs don't grow on trees. Campbell may not be that QB you look at and say go win me a game, but with the way our team has been playing this year it's obvious to me we can do things with him. We are built like a 1970's football team just like Al wants, and we still play that type of football we it comes down to it. We run the ball and he offense is centered around the RB(s). Even our oline is built for us to pound the ball. Campbell fits in as the veteran QB that won't go out and throw 3ints trying to be the hero, but as the game manager giving us a chance to win if the our players play like there suppose to. Being a veteran also gives this offense a coach on the field, I thought it was obvious Campbell looked poised against one if the best defenses in the NFL and made the right decisions when asked. Once we truely get back Ford and Murphy to go with Moore, DHB, Hagan and Schilens I expect the pass offense to take another step forward. That's 6 talented weapons to use, along with Boss who I see being a great option underneath similar to how Zach Miller was last year.

Did you not see Campbell last week? I thought Campbell played the best out of any player on the team last week and without a good game from him there would be no way we have any shot to score in the 2nd half.

Lol, did you seriously just try and say he's good because of his QB rating? When you actually watch the games, you can see he has probably only thrown the ball further than ten yards a handful of times in 3 games. Just about any QB in the league can throw WR screens, RB screens, and checkdowns all game long.

We don't need an All Pro QB, but we do need one that can move the chains when necessary. The run game is awesome, but it won't get us a first down in third and long situations very often. And I hate to burst your bubble, but we probably won't run for 150+ yards every game the rest of the way. There are going to be situations where we need to look at the QB and say go win me the game, but all we'll have is Jason Campbell. Get real with this coach on the field and looking poised crap. He was probably thanking his lucky stars DMC went off so he didn't have to do anything against that tough D. When we get all our guys healthy, it'll just be more guys to throw screens and checkdowns to.

He did play better against the Bills, but most of that came on about 3 drives where he actually threw the ball further than 5-10 yards (and it surprised the hell outta me lol). Some of those were the jump balls he through to Moore though (I would give most of the credit to Denarious on those, he did a great job to go up and get those) but I was glad that Campbell at least attempted them. But what happened in that game? We lost. My whole point is if we get into a shootout or if we can't run the ball we are going to be in trouble. We'll have to rely on our QB and our D, and neither one has given me confidence they can get it done so far.

Komp
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I had the @Raiders game listed as the most likely "trap" game for NE.

1) West coast
2) Good team that may get overlooked by a young, cocky team that has had some success (see Browns game 2010) - though, I had a feeling we'd win against the Bills (and probably by 14+)
3) Jets next week.
4) The game isn't against a divisional opponent.

With the Bills loss, I have a feeling the Raiders may get more of the Patriots attention than they would have liked. Then again, DMC should get 200+ yards.

It will be an interesting matchup and could come down to turnovers/special teams. Both teams have craptacular defenses, so whichever offense doesn't shoot itself in the foot certainly has an opportunity to put up big points. Mayo vs McFadden could be one of the deciding matchups of the game. Hopefully there is another packed house to throw some batteries at Brady.
If the Raiders can run the ball like they did last week and limit Brady's possessions you have to like their chances.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Lol, did you seriously just try and say he's good because of his QB rating? When you actually watch the games, you can see he has probably only thrown the ball further than ten yards a handful of times in 3 games. Just about any QB in the league can throw WR screens, RB screens, and checkdowns all game long.

We don't need an All Pro QB, but we do need one that can move the chains when necessary. The run game is awesome, but it won't get us a first down in third and long situations very often. And I hate to burst your bubble, but we probably won't run for 150+ yards every game the rest of the way. There are going to be situations where we need to look at the QB and say go win me the game, but all we'll have is Jason Campbell. Get real with this coach on the field and looking poised crap. He was probably thanking his lucky stars DMC went off so he didn't have to do anything against that tough D. When we get all our guys healthy, it'll just be more guys to throw screens and checkdowns to.

He did play better against the Bills, but most of that came on about 3 drives where he actually threw the ball further than 5-10 yards (and it surprised the hell outta me lol). Some of those were the jump balls he through to Moore though (I would give most of the credit to Denarious on those, he did a great job to go up and get those) but I was glad that Campbell at least attempted them. But what happened in that game? We lost. My whole point is if we get into a shootout or if we can't run the ball we are going to be in trouble. We'll have to rely on our QB and our D, and neither one has given me confidence they can get it done so far.
hahaha yea you're gonna put the Bills game on Campbell. Because he's the one who gave up 38 points right? Yes Moore did a spectacular job coming down with the ball but Campbell threw it well and gave him a chance to make the catch.

I'm not a huge Campbell supporter, we need a better QB I agree but he's what we have right now....unless you'd rather us throw Boller or Pryor out there.

Stash
09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
^^I guess you missed the last part about the D...

NotRickJames
09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree with Stash but the problem is, the Raiders don't have anyone better right now.

RaiderNation
09-28-2011, 01:49 AM
We will see further on in the season if Campbell can be the winning type QB I think we can be with him

Now onto this week, Mike Mitchell is saying he will play against the Patriots which would be a good thing since McClain hasn't coverage TEs well so far and Mitchell could get some packages playing as a LB. Huff is going through concussion tests so hopefully he is fine. We need all the secondary healthy to be able to stop the passing offense of the Patriots. I see the dline playing a lot better though with the motivation of Seymour going into this game. Wouldnt be surprised to see him get a sack or 2

SolidGold
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
The Raiders look very good so far. I had to LOL though when Clayton was talking about how Hue Jackson has given this team an identity. Tom Cable actually put this team together and developed the identity over the past few years though. I have a feeling Jackson/Davis collaborated to remove Cable from the picture.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Mike Mitchell's first day of real practice, I wonder how much he'll play. Means we'll be seeing less and less of Giordano.

thenewfeature06
09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I mean I think in the long term Jackson will be better.. and hopefully we hold onto him longer than we normally do.

As far as Campbell, we all know what he is and we all know what can win in this league. He is a QB that can manage a game but obviously looking long term he is not the answer UNLESS he takes us into the playoffs and wins a game or 2 depending on the sitch... but should still be looking for a QB sometime soon.

Pats game : They lost to the Bills last week.. :( our running game is set up to look good again but our secondary could get torched by Brady. Lets hope we can pound and keep him off the field..

SolidGold
09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
The Pats best chance against the Raiders is to have Haynesworth along with Wilfork in the game and play alot of 4-3 fronts to hopefully slow down the Raiders rushing attack. I really like that the Raiders are so dedicated to running the ball in this era of airing it out.

RaiderNation
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Ford and Huff also practicing today so it looks like we are getting most everybody back. Haven't heard anything on CJ though, we need him for this game because I doubt our young CBs will have the success they had against Sanchez when Bradys on the field.

Donno
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I think if we win in any form this week we're clearly on our way to being a AFC contender. McFadden has got to be an MVP candidate thus far (even though Tom Brady would never let that happen)

RaiderNation
09-29-2011, 03:03 PM
We sold out again! Hopefully we put up a good performance and compete with the Patriots. I think it's gonna he a shoot out similar to the 2nd half of the Bills game

NotRickJames
09-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Expecting a big shootout. Not sure JC is gonna be able to keep up but we'll see.

RaiderNation
10-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Hopefully Seymour can get our defense motivated. The blueprint to slowing Brady down is pressure, and with their Center and RT out I hope we can knock him down a little. I have the feeling Lamarr Houston is going to have his break out game(2 sacks). Our run offense is going to look good once again with DMC going over 100 yards again. As long as Campbell can connect deep with Moore/DHB/Ford we should win this game n

slightlyaraiderfan
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
nick miller cut, s. moore might be brought back

nobodyinparticular
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM
nick miller cut, s. moore might be brought back

I would like that. I still think he could be a good player from this draft (although he was a UDFA). I liked what I saw from Chekwa as a CB last week so all is not lost with so many DBs injured. I certainly haven't liked him as a safety yet. He works much better when he is next to his man than working in space.

RaiderNation
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks like DB Ron Parker was added when Miller was cut. Huff will be out Sunday with his concussion from last week. Hopefully this means we will see a lot of zone again like last week. Chris Johnson is as out for the game so expect DVD and Chekwa to get a lot of work as well. Ford is questionable but he was out of the field in limited reps this week. Mitchell as well had limited reps but I guess it will be up to Hue if he plays. Shaughnessy and Reece didn't practice at all so I'd expect them to be out which is concerning. Moss and Scott will need to step up at DE, I think Houston has a good game for us though.

RaiderNation
10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Heres my prediction for today's game.

34-30 Patriots

Had fought game on both sides but I just don't think our pass defense will be able to cover guys like Welker and the TE well. I expect our dline to generate pressure but it won't be enough to make Brady struggle. Our offense will look solid with the rushing attack combining to go for 150 yards again. I see a TD pass to Boss and maybe another deep pass to Moore or Ford as well. Really tough game for us but there will be good things to see from it.

slightlyaraiderfan
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Campbell is ******* ********.

EvilNixon
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Darrius played well <3

RaiderNation
10-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I thought the turning point in the game was the Campbell pick. The defense looked alright against the pass in the first half but it was obvious we were hurting with Huff and CJ out. The final would be the same, but I think if we had those 2 we would have put up a better fight in the 2nd half. Huff/CJ on Welker instead of Chekwa would be a better match-up for us. Our run defense was a non factor and I think not having Shaughnessy hurt the dline play.

EvilNixon
10-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Porter covered Welker not Chekwa.

RaiderNation
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Could have sworn it was Chekwa, but either way it's not a favorable match up compared to having a guy like Huff on him. I hope we can bounce back this week against the Texans, they are a good team and would be a great win for us. We will see if we can stop the run though

SolidGold
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I lol'd at that JC interception to Chung...he threw it right to him with no Raider offensive player in site.

RaiderNation
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
This weeks game will be crucial for us. Houston will be the best team we will play until week 14(Packers), and getting a big win would be awesome. Arian Foster looks like he is healthy now though so we will see if we can stop the run.

nobodyinparticular
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
This weeks game will be crucial for us. Houston will be the best team we will play until week 14(Packers), and getting a big win would be awesome. Arian Foster looks like he is healthy now though so we will see if we can stop the run.

You think Houston is a better team than San Diego? Did they really get that good over the offseason?

RaiderNation
10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
You think Houston is a better team than San Diego? Did they really get that good over the offseason?

The defense looks very improved, making the Pittsburgh offense struggle. And now with Foster back at 100% their offense should be a top 5 statistically like last year. We might get lucky though with Andre Johnson hurting his hamstring. But I think they are much better than a San Diego team that rely's on Rivers similarly to the Colts with Manning.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Yea I would say so. Their defense is pretty solid, and their offense is really good. If AJ isn't too seriously hurt...they should have a monster season on offense. Right now Houston >> SD for sure imho.

RaiderNation
10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Looks like we are getting a lot of key players back this week. Huff and Murphy are practicing and hopefully Shaughnessy and Reece will tomrrow as well. Plus another week for Ford and Mitchell to be completely healed up. Also Ford is fielding some punts so maybe he will get a chance to be our KR and PR on Sunday.

RaiderNation
10-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status
Boyd, Jerome S Knee FP FP FP probable
Branch, Tyvon SS Knee - LP FP probable
Brown, Ricky LB Concussion DNP DNP DNP questionable
Bush, Michael RB Ankle FP FP FP probable
Campbell, Jason QB Foot LP LP LP probable
Chekwa, Chimdi CB Hamstring LP DNP DNP questionable
Gordon, Richard TE Hand DNP DNP DNP Out
Huff, Michael FS Ankle LP LP LP questionable
Johnson, Chris CB Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Out
Jones, Taiwan RB Calf FP FP FP probable
Mitchell, Mike SS Knee FP FP FP probable
Moss, Jarvis DE Chest LP LP LP probable
Murphy, Louis WR Groin LP LP LP questionable
Reece, Marcel FB Ankle DNP DNP DNP questionable
Shaughnessy, Matt DE Shoulder DNP DNP DNP Out

http://www.raiders.com/team/injury-report.html

Shaughnessy and CJ out again, our dline is hurting with Shaughnessy not playing. We have been working out various vet DE's, one will probably be added within the next few days.

RaiderNation
10-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I suggest going to raiders.com to look at any stuff about Al Davis. RIP

Hopefully we can come out against Houston with some fire and play for Al. I have the feeling we will win

NotRickJames
10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I definitely see this team coming out hot out of the gate.

Let's win this one for Al.

RaiderNation
10-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Here is my prediction for tomorrow.

24-23 Raiders

Very tough, old school looking game with 2 of the best run offenses in the league. The Raiders defense will show up at times during the game and make big stops, unlike last week. DMC will go for 120+ with a TD and Campbell will have 2 TDs and a int. Boss and Moore will get those TDs. Our oline is playing at an elite level right now and playing a guy like Mario Williams will truly show how good Veldheer and others look. Hue will get these guys motivated and ready to play in Al's honor.

RaiderNation
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Huge win for us today, the defense really stepped up in the 2nd half. Things were really shakey though on that last drive. We stopped the run and finally got some pressure from our dline as well. I said before the season I'd be content being 2-3 after the first 5 games, especially with how easier the schedule is coming up. We play the Browns, Chiefs and Broncos all at home in the next 4 weeks(we have our bye after the KC game). We have a very good chance at being 6-2 before playing at San Diego which could be a huge game in the division race.

Donno
10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Darrius_Heyward-Bey.jpg/800px-Darrius_Heyward-Bey.jpg
I want me that purple stuff haha. Some of Al's picks shined on Sunday especially this guy. What a perfect way that game could have ended.

nobodyinparticular
10-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Oh man, I have tried over the past few years not to get my hopes up too much, but this next stretch can set the Raiders up for a special season. If Oakland can find a way to come into San Diego 6-2, you would have to consider them contenders not just for the playoffs but even a dark horse for the big dance. Leaving SD 7-2 would be just that much more important.

I want nothing more than for the Raiders to cap this season off with a return to prominence in tribute to Mr. Davis.

Donno
10-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh man, I have tried over the past few years not to get my hopes up too much, but this next stretch can set the Raiders up for a special season. If Oakland can find a way to come into San Diego 6-2, you would have to consider them contenders not just for the playoffs but even a dark horse for the big dance. Leaving SD 7-2 would be just that much more important.

I want nothing more than for the Raiders to cap this season off with a return to prominence in tribute to Mr. Davis.

Oh ya, it seems like the organization is fired up too I'm lovin the direction we're in

Xonraider
10-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Honestly by the time we get to week 14 we should have a pretty good record. I really think we can go 6-2 by the time we face San Diego and maybe 8-4 or 9-3 by the time we face the Packers. Like NIP said, getting our hopes up the past few years has had totally broken our hearts, but lets hope this year we can be something special

EvilNixon
10-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Darrius is budding.

RaiderNation
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Looks like most everybody is practicing except for Shaughnessy and Reece. Hopefully they can get some time in before we play Cleveland.

slightlyaraiderfan
10-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Who loses a roster spot with Pyror and now Curry on board?

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Who loses a roster spot with Pyror and now Curry on board?

We get an exemption this week for Pryor, still unknown about Curry. Best bet is Porter since we have all our safeties back, or a TE since we have 4. Gordon is hurt and could be go on the IR. If Reece is healthy enough to play on Sunday then we could let go of Tanese and put him back on the practice squad as well.

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Looks like we are looking at a decent amount of GM candidates, wouldn't be surprised to see one hired within the next couple weeks. I'm hoping we hired a guy who see's eye to eye with Hue, because I truly believe Hue can be the coach to bring us to a super bowl.

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Also Bruce Davis was the odd man out today with the Curry becoming official. We might only have 4 LBs Sunday, McClain hasn't practiced this week. Tomorrow will likely determine if he can play or not.

RaiderNation
10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Well this Palmer trade all but ends Jason Campbell's era in Oakland. No chance we resign him since we just spent maybe 2 1st round picks on Palmer and still have Pryor waiting behind him. I think this makes us a better team sure, but we gave up way too much. If it were just a 1st round pick I wouldn't be mad, but 2 1st round picks should get you an elite level player, and Palmer just isn't that anymore. An upgrade from Campbell? Probably, but I just don't agree with giving up 2 1st round picks.

Donno
10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought maybe a 2nd round pick was pushing it but two first rounders yuck