PDA

View Full Version : The Downside to the Return of the NFL?

cvv84
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b_fNAfbOkzw/TDvR9WnW2ZI/AAAAAAAABYE/vIQ7otakNfM/s1600/berman10.jpg

WHOOP!

tjsunstein
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Heard the sound he makes when ESPN was doing their little tribute to football being back. It was delightful only in the sense that it solidified everything about the game being back to work.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Football is officially back, back, back, back, back, back!

(if you watched the Home Run Derby you'd understand)

tjsunstein
07-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Football is officially back, back, back, back, back, back!

(if you watched the Home Run Derby you'd understand)
In other words, if you live under a rock, you wouldn't.

PackerLegend
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
The HRD was pretty bad and even worse with Berman but I dont really mind him. After waiting for months to hear something NFL related besides CBA talk ill take it.

yo123
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I really don't mind Berman as a football guy actually, he is what he is. He's a disaster when it comes to baseball though.

jrdrylie
07-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Did you watch it when he did coverage for one of the gold majors? I believe it was the Masters. He did the back, back, back, back, back call on a putt. It was an embarrassment to the greatest gold tournament in the world.

JBCX
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Another thing about Berman that's extremely annoying ever since I found out about it:

He sleeps with supermodels. Yes, fat, annoying, dishevelled Chris Berman pulls the kind of women that we can only dream about, and he does it just by walking up to them and saying things like "You're with me, leather!".

http://deadspin.com/166410/he--could--go--all--the--way

A friend of mine just told me he's getting married. When he gave me the news I immediately thought of the time we were in Scottsdale at spring training, because it's the best pickup story I've ever been a party to. It was about nine years ago, and I actually forget the bar. But my friend was seriously putting the moves on this somewhat attractive young woman, who was wearing leather pants and had a leather jacket draped over her lap. They had been chatting at the bar for about an hour, and my friend thought he was in the house. I had never seen someone work so hard for a score.

But just as he was putting on the finishing touches, Chris Berman walks by. And without even breaking stride, Berman looks at the girl, points and says "You're with me, leather." And the girl looks up, instantly recognizes Berman, snatches up her jacket and walks out with him, leaving my friend in mid-sentence.

http://deadspin.com/166570/youre-with-me-leather

I was reading about the Berman story. At the Super Bowl a few years back (Giants v. Ravens) in Tampa, I was downing a few drinks in Champions sports bar in the hotel. A guy I was with was working an excruciatingly hot woman at the bar for about an hour. Suddenly in walks Boomer and stops right in front of the woman, reaches out, and grabs her by the arm (gently). She gets up, as we all look on in disbelief, and they take off together never to be seen again. I did not hear any cute pickup lines but whatever he did was enough to make her leave immediately and leave her cell phone and digi cam.

Story sounds amazingly similar to the one told on the site. Additionally, she was a brunette of about 5-11, rocking bod and claimed to be in Maxim and Playboy. I am just confirming the M.O.