PDA

View Full Version : How much will DeSean Jackson get now?

J-Mike88
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm glad the little playmaking warrior is holding out.

With the sick money thrown at Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, Steve Breaston, and soon James Jones, what should D-Jack get?

Eagle fan, how long will he have to hold out til they cough him up a new deal?/

tjsunstein
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Dasean deserves every penny thrown at him.

FUNBUNCHER
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Eagles CANNOT afford to lose Desean, and I can't see him getting less than Rice or Holmes.

SickwithIt1010
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I could honestly see him getting the type of deal that Santonio got.

GoRavens
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
He's looking for a 4 year deal worth $30-40 million.
Eagles would be wise to restructure their team based on this.

V.I.P
07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
DeSean's deal should be around 4 years / 45 mill / 19 mill guaranteed

J-Mike88
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
DeSean's deal should be around 4 years / 45 mill / 19 mill guaranteed
Didn't Holmes, Santonio, get 5 years/$50 million?
I wonder how much was guaranteed......

DJack has to get more than Holmes does, no?

Nalej
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Didn't Holmes, Santonio, get 5 years/$50 million?
I wonder how much was guaranteed......

DJack has to get more than Holmes does, no?

Twenty mill

EricCartmann
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM

With the sick money thrown at Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, Steve Breaston, and soon James Jones, what should D-Jack get?

Eagle fan, how long will he have to hold out til they cough him up a new deal?/

I don't blame Desean for holding out. He makes makes about $100k less than Maclin, and is paid half of what Jason Avant gets.

Desean is a gamer and the Eagles will be wise to give him what he wants.

SickwithIt1010
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't blame Desean for holding out. He makes makes about $100k less than Maclin, and is paid half of what Jason Avant gets.

Only reason Maclin gets more is because he was drafted in the 1st...but yeah I would be a little upset. He will get his money soon enough...the eagles will do the right thing.

hockey619
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM

that and he waited a year to get his money. he did his part and waited, now they need to do theirs and pay the man what he deserves.

ditto for Chris Johnson.

JBCX
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
He should be paid as in that range with the 8th-15th best WRs in the league. He's clearly not in the same league as the Andre Johnsons, Larry Fitzgeralds, and Calvin Johnsons of the world, but he is comparable to a Santonio Holmes or a Steve Smith. If the Eagles can pay him that type of contract, they will be OK. The problem is that Jackson and his agent Drew Rosenhaus are probably holding out for Andre Johnson type of money, which he clearly does not deserve.

MasterShake
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
The Eagles just signed Johnnie Lee Higgins...and homeless man's Desean Jackson.

The kicker is I bet his salary will be higher than Desean's.....this an intentional slap in the face?

Nalej
07-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Do the Eagles have any money left? I don't know what their cap situation looks like?
Or will they have to move someone (Samuel?) to be able to extend DJax?

Hurricanes25
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Holmes got $10 mil per year so no reason why Jackson can't get 11 or 12.

descendency
07-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Dasean deserves every penny thrown at him.

So, what you are saying is that people should throw pennies at him? I guess Pacman can help make it rain. . .

Iamcanadian
07-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I doubt in this cap year, the Eagles do a deal with DeSean, holdouts rarely get a new deal because it destroys the cap structure of a team.
He'll have to wait till he is a FA and he will either be franchised or traded.

YAYareaRB
07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Desean should.. come back to the Bay

EricCartmann
07-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Desean should.. come back to the Bay

A lot of teams passed on Desean because they thought he was too fragile, and also they though his speed would be neutralized in the NFL like the way Bush was. Bush though was a dancer, DeSean does not dance.

YAYareaRB
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
A lot of teams passed on Desean because they thought he was too fragile, and also they though his speed would be neutralized in the NFL like the way Bush was. Bush though was a dancer, DeSean does not dance.

in what way are we using the word dancing?

CdaOHOg1S3g

Flyboy
07-29-2011, 09:08 PM

They also play two completely different positions...?

With that said, I was the biggest fan of DeSean Jackson EVER as a prospect and thought he should have gone Top 10 in that draft.

Iamcanadian
07-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Desean lasted till round 2 because of his size. He will always be one tackle away from a career ending injury if anybody ever gets a shot at him that he doesn't see coming.
Let's hope it never happens!

FUNBUNCHER
07-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Can't the Eagles franchise him, or at least give him a two year, $20 mil deal??

If Philly is gearing up for SB run, that doesn't happen without the most dangerous WR in the game IMO.

I don't know if one skill player is more critical to a team's offense than Desean Jackson, and I bet he knows it too.

wordofi
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
5 years and $45 million.

YAYareaRB
07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Can't the Eagles franchise him, or at least give him a two year, $20 mil deal??

If Philly is gearing up for SB run, that doesn't happen without the most dangerous WR in the game IMO.

I don't know if one skill player is more critical to a team's offense than Desean Jackson, and I bet he knows it too.

special teams as well

mellojello
07-30-2011, 04:35 PM

Eagle fan, how long will he have to hold out til they cough him up a new deal?/I'm glad he's holding out too. I doubt he really wants to do it though. He loves that Eagles locker room.

10M to 12M per year would seem fair. Ironically, people talk about Desean being injury prone, but think that a consistently injured Sidney Rice, is somehow safer because he is 6'4? Eagles should have torn up his contract last year when they had a better shot at getting a better deal. The management needs to decide to either pay him or trade him. He has shown that he is going to perform no matter who the QB is.

Don't know how long he can hold out for, but I'd pay money to watch those Eagles practices. Djac vs. Asomugha, two former Cal Bears going at it, it's going to make them both even better individually. I gaurantee you Djac's looking forward to that too. Djac vs. DRC everyday in practice, man...I can't wait to get feedback on that.

descendency
07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
With all of the FA money the eagles just spent... if DJack gets a new contract, I'd be shocked. Cap space doesn't grow on trees.

YAYareaRB
07-30-2011, 05:58 PM
With all of the FA money the eagles just spent... if DJack gets a new contract, I'd be shocked. Cap space doesn't grow on trees.

call JG wentworth

mellojello
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/127446773.html?i=2&i=3&jCount=1#comments

Excellent article on Djax situaton.