PDA

View Full Version : It's Time To Step Up!

Splat
07-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Name a player on O and on D for your team that needs to stop messing around and STEP UP!!!

Chiefs.

O - Jon Asamoah

Has some big shoes to fill in replacing long time pro bowl starter Brian Waters but I think he can do it. (Crosses fingers)

D - Tyson Jackson

*Sigh* What can I say Scott Pioli has done some great things in KC but this black cloud followers him around as well.

ElectricEye
07-31-2011, 07:57 PM
I like these types of threads.

Patriots:

Offense: Brandon Tate

His stats make him look a lot better than he actually is. It's time to give us the threat over the top that we need. He had flashes last year and doesn't have any trouble generating separation, but the technical things good receivers do and consistent hands just aren't there. Made all the tough catches last year. If he can keep focus and make some easy ones, he could be a good player. Not sure he does though.

Defense: Brandon Meriweather

I could bring up any number of potential pass rushers we have, but everyone knows we need one of those guys to come into their own. Instead, I'll give someone some well deserved ****. Merri was terrible last year despite making the Pro Bowl(thus qualifying the entire thing as a massive joke, yet again) after being our best defensive back the past few years prior. Not many people realize he was benched for much of the early portion of the season and may not have even gotten near as much to play if not for the McGowan injury. He didn't play within the scheme and allowed easy completions on his side of the field on a routine basis. On top of that, there was that ugly incident with Heap. Just a really undisciplined player. There's still hope for him with his knack for the big play and all around skillset, but he's a real weak link in the secondary right now.

proshoota25
07-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Offense - Brandon Tate

Dude has some great speed, but lead hands. The acquisition of Chad bumps him down the depth chart, and shows the Pats are concerned with his lack of production this year. He is lucky he is a great returner, or he would have a serious chance of getting cut. Its still possible.

Defense - Brandon Meriweather/ Jermaine Cunningham

Meriweather needs to step up for our secondary to be a good one. Always criticized for his lack of awareness, terrible angles, and not paying attention. He is a lock for a roster spot, but could leave in free agency next year. If he wants his money, he has to play better this year. Jermaine had a solid rookie campaign, however, for our defense to be in the upper echelon of the league, Jermaine needs to bring a solid pass rush. I think he can do it, but if he doesnt, our defense once again will be near last in the league in 3rd down.

Jamaal-Football
07-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Cowboys

Offense: Felix Jones. First he was looked at as being too frail, so they bulk him up in year two in hopes to increase his durability and he loses some of the special ability he had in speed, quickness and agility. He really looked like a different player last year. With Tashard Choice and DeMarco Murray looking to take some carries from him, all i want is for Felix to just play football the way he has always played, and for the coaching staff to quit toying with his physique. They knew the risks of drafting a small runningback, so deal with it. Let him be in his comfort zone as far as weight goes and let's bring back that excitement he gave all of us when he touched the ball in the open field.

Defense: Sean Lee. I just want to have a young starting inside LB already and do away with Bradie James and the carcass of Keith Brooking. They're so terrible in pass coverage it makes our whole unit look even worse than it already is. Having Sean Lee take that role and a year later bringing in Bruce Carter as the other ILB would be picture perfect imo. Having a LB corp of Spencer/Carter/Lee/Ware would give me wet dreams and opposing teams nightmares.

niel89
Ravens

Offense - Joe Flacco

Its pretty simple, the Ravens go as far as Flacco can take them. If he can continue to develop and become a consistent QB then they have a pretty good shot at contending.

Defense - Another pass rusher.

Suggs is a fine pass rusher, but there is honestly no one else who gets any type of consistent pressure. Last year the pass rush was awful and the Ravens had their lowest sack total in franchise history iirc. I'm hoping that Kindle can be that guy to step up but he still has yet to play in a game and remains a question.

OSUGiants17
Giants:

O- Will Beaty

Dude will make or break or O-Line

D- Clint Sintim

Traded up to draft him and with needs at LB he needs to prove he belongs

bored of education
Andy Studebaker on D for Chiefs
Branden Albert for the offense

proshoota25
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
ElectricEye and I (funny) are on the same page haha

tjsunstein
07-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Offense: Ryan Grant

With James Starks exploding onto the scene last year, he'll have to prove his worth coming off an injury or he'll be looking for another team for work.

Defense: Mike Neal

Realistically, everyone on the D-Line is going to have to intensify their play with the loss of Jenkins and Jolly but if Neal is the guy to step up, we will have a very good 1-2 of Neal and Raji for years to come.

bearsfan_51
07-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Offense: Chris Williams

It's now or never for Williams. One more year of sub-par play and he needs to go.

Defense: Vernon Gholston

Hey, why the hell not?

bucfan12
07-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Tampa Bay Bucs:

Offense:
- WR Dezmon Briscoe: They guy has a ton of talent and made some ridiculous plays and catches last year when he started to play. He's lighting up training camp right now, all reports are saying.

However, this whole offseason, he was absent from Josh Freeman's workouts with WRs and was not in attendance at their IMG 3 day mini camp. Has had a history with his work habits. If he puts it together, then he can form a dynamic trio at WR in Tampa. Trueblood gets consideration here as well, has the potential to be a dominate RT, however he's an idiot with a temper.

Defense:
WLB Geno Hayes:
Guy can fly around the ball and made some plays in 2009. However, in 2010 he took a huge step back and was very inconsistant. Has a hard time getting off blocks. Very good in coverage, but he wasn't making the plays he did in 2009 and disappeared at times. Maybe some competition can push him and give us a playmaker at LB.

Nalej
07-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Pats

A.Hernandez/B.tate: AH had a case of the dropsies later on in the year. He needs to fix that if he wants Brady to continue to find him. We need him bc he's a mismatch on every play he's on the field. Tate, as previously said, is our internal solution of a deep threat. As Moss used to say, "take the top off the defense"

A.Haynesworth/J.Cunningham: Pats were the worst in the league in 3rd down D and their anaemic pass rush was the major problem. If these two step their game up... the Pats D will be very impressive, especially with the maturation of last year's rookies (McCourty, Spikes, Cunningham)

AntoinCD
07-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok as EE and proshoota have said Tate and Merriweather I'll go with two different guys

Offense-tough to think of someone outside of Tate(or Taylor Price but I'd be repeating most of the same thing as with Tate) so I'll go with Hernandez. Started great last year and is a match up nightmare but seems to have concentration lapses and always seems hurt. Even now in TC he is having hip problems. He needs to stay healthy and tuned in for 16 games this season.

Defense-Gary Guyton. If the reports are true that the Pats will be showing more 4 man looks he is likely to be the starting OLB with Spikes in the middle and Mayo at WILL-all specualtion at this point. He is great in coverage but struggles against the run. He has a habit of making big plays but getting mauled on routine run plays. My projection is he wont see a lot of time on early downs but would join Mayo when we go to 4-2-5 looks.

BaLLiN
07-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Giants:

O- Will Beaty

Dude will make or break or O-Line

D- Clint Sintim

Traded up to draft him and with needs at LB he needs to prove he belongs

We traded shockey for the saints second, which we used on sintim.

Beatty-
Boom: Beatty has improved himself with every game he played. He gained weight and worked out with David Diehl, so we know that he has finally built up his upper body which seemed to be a major reason for his slow transition. He has the tenacity to be a very good runblocker (they set some record while Donald Brown was at UConn w/ him), and also has the lateral quickness and fluidity. His main problem was strength and lack of experience, those two things look like they'll be fixed.

Bust: He hasnt gotten much experience, and with the passrushers of today, especially DeMarcus Ware, we ought to be weary of placing a guy with limited action.

Bottom Line: We are essentially handing him the position now, we gave him more than enough time to develop. However we didnt really let him have alot of playing time, so he seems like almost a complete unknown.

Sintim-
Boom: He is an insane blitzing LB, has great size, speed, and strength. He hasnt been given many opportunities to take the starting role. Hes shown major flashes of being that backer with intensity and rush moves while blitzing, and the capability to take on and shed blockers that we've been looking for. He is just good enough floating in zone coverage.

Bust: Sintim is not gunna be good in coverage, he doesnt have fluid hips and if matched up in man he will be a disaster. Shady McCoy or Felix jones vs Sintim would kill us everytime.

Bottom Line: Hopefully Fewell can get the most out of him with his blitzing capabilities and shield him from man to man, otherwise we might have to move him to DE where he would only be a situational rotational guy and undersized. Make or Break year.

DoughBoy
07-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Titans-

Offense-
Kenny Britt- We know he has the talent to be an elite reciver in this league. Just needs to be focused on football 100% and put his past behind him.

Defense-
Jason Jones- Dude is an absolute monster when he's on the field (and our best defensive player), but it always seems like he has a nagging injury. This year he will be played at DE so hopefully that will mean less wear and tear on his glorious body.

Shane P. Hallam
07-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Steelers:

Offense - Willie Colon. He hasn't been bad, but a bit better play will make offensive line a strength and allow the Steelers to have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Defense - Crezdon Butler. Young, athletic CB. We need to find a #2 to replace McFadden and this is probably who we are looking at. If we can find a solid #2 and Aaron Smith/Troy Polamalu stay healthy, the Steelers D is pretty darn good too.

RufusMcDaniel
07-31-2011, 08:42 PM
To avoid copying Doughie,

Jurrell Casey on D and Jared Cook on O.

Bengalsrocket
07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Offense: Andre Smith - it's time to find out if he's a bust or a star. We can't have another foot injury or weight problem (on that note, he's apparently at his lowest weight since entering the NFL at the moment). Dalton, or whoever stands in the pocket this year, needs his protection. More so, Benson and Scott will need his protection as we likely won't be throwing much.

Defense: Rey Maualuga - He's switching to the middle finally and it's his turn to be the leader of that defense. We can't have have him out of position anymore as we need a true leader to bring these guys together.

scottyboy
07-31-2011, 08:49 PM
as the others said, for the Giants on O it's absolutely Beatty. We're trusting him to protect Eli's blindside, outside of him I feel our OL is pretty damn solid.

on D however, I'm gonna go with Linval Joseph. It's time to step up big boy. We're throwing you in a tough position. With Cofield and Benard gone, he's going to most likely be thrusted into a starting role, which is obviously important for our run D. I'm interested to see what he does, as he's going to have to be our run stuffer up front in the middle

Matthew Jones
07-31-2011, 08:53 PM
How about Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth? If these guys step up and buy in 100% this year, the Patriots are going to be a serious contender. Someone like a Cunningham or Meriweather stepping up would be nice, but I'd rather have Albert Haynesworth playing like he did back in Tennessee.

phlysac
07-31-2011, 09:01 PM
49ers

Offense

WR - Michael Crabtree

Defense

Dashon Goldson (if he signs)
NaVorro Bowman (filling Spikes shoes)

ElectricEye
07-31-2011, 09:15 PM
How about Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth? If these guys step up and buy in 100% this year, the Patriots are going to be a serious contender. Someone like a Cunningham or Meriweather stepping up would be nice, but I'd rather have Albert Haynesworth playing like he did back in Tennessee.

I think the entire nature of the Haynesworth signing is a "step it up" kind of thing, yeah. I was just trying to go for maybe a few non-obvious ones....and I think I'm more attached to those issues considering those two have already hurt us at some point by not stepping it up and being the players we need them to be.

49erNation85
07-31-2011, 09:17 PM
another 49ers

Alex Smith - he needs to win games and make the play offs or CK will start by end of season.
Crabtree as well

Ditto on defender players.

Pat Sims 90
07-31-2011, 09:25 PM
To Avoid BengalsRocket because i was going to use both of those.

Offense
Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell

Both are in a contract year and with Chad gone they need some one to play opposite to AJ.

Defense
Another Pass Rusher

Dunlap and Atkins seem like the only 2 players that can get consent pressure on the QB. Another Pass Rusher would really help the Lost of Jonathan Joseph

PoopSandwich
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Brian Robiskie

D'Qwell Jackson

I DONT WANNA EXPLAIN

V.I.P
07-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Great thread idead :)

On Bucs offense i think i'd say Davin Joseph:
It's not that he's bad it's more of inconsistency. Now that get got that big deal (7yrs/53-mill) he needs to STEP IT UP!

On the defensive side i'd say Quincy Black:
Just because!

PACKmanN
07-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Packers

offense: James Jones

he needs to prove he`s the number 2 guy on this roster and has the ability to be a 1000 yards type

defense: Mike Neal

needs to show that he can be paired with Raji and be the future piece at DE. Also needs to open holes for Matthews

MaxV
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
For the Colts:

Defense - Fili Moala (DT)
He has made significant improvements last season, but I think he can still be a better player. Strong and athletic, he can be a difference-maker for the Colts both in pass-rushing and run stopping.

Offense - Mike Pollak (OG)
It's no secret, Colts' rushing offense needs improvement. Hopefully, Castonzo and Ijalana additions will pay instant dividends, but that's still just 2 out of 5 starters. Former 2nd round pick, Pollak has been a disappointment so far. He shows flashes on occasion, but a lot more was expected from him. This might be a make-or-break season for him.

fenikz
07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Cardinals

Offense
Kevin Kolb: Fairly obvious we just gave up a probowl CB and a 2nd round pick plus 21 mil guaranteed, time to step the **** up

Defense
O'Brien Schofield: Cardinals need to generate some sort of pass rush what so ever outside of the D-Line, looked great the last few games while recovering from a torn ACL, nearly a full year now should be getting most of his strength and mobility back.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Colts
Defense- Jerry Hughes. Was massively disappointing last year after the great genius Bill Polian talked him up a lot
Offense- Tired of picking on the offensive line so i will say Pierre Garcon. Needs to be more consistent with his hands and become the deep threat we really need.

But seriously Jerry Hughes needs to step it up.

Shane P. Hallam
07-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Colts
Defense- Jerry Hughes. Was massively disappointing last year after the great genius Bill Polian talked him up a lot
Offense- Tired of picking on the offensive line so i will say Pierre Garcon. Needs to be more consistent with his hands and become the deep threat we really need.

But seriously Jerry Hughes needs to step it up.

Bill Polian talked him up? I thought Polian said it was a mistake to draft him and they should have taken Saffold, lol.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Bill Polian talked him up? I thought Polian said it was a mistake to draft him and they should have taken Saffold, lol.

When we first got him he talked about a "joker" package we would use and expected big things from him.

General Zod
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Did Hughes even get much of a chance? The guy got no playing time at all it seemed like.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Falcons

Offense: LT Sam Baker

He's shown flashes, but for the most part, has been remarkably inconsistent and a disappointment. He currently stands as the week link in our line. We've got some more weapons now with the additions of Julio and Jaquizz, so more protection will go a long way.

Defense: Sean Weatherspoon/Peria Jerry

Two first round picks, who have been plagued by injuries. Because of this, they've been weak links. If Peria is good, the Falcons have a tremendous defensive line. If Sean Weatherspoon is good, we have a very good LB core. If either one of them can take the next step, our defense looks a helluva lot better.

vidae
07-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Chiefs:

Offense: Since Albert and Asamoah were taken, I'm going to go with Steve Breaston. So much has been made about him in KC, knowing Haley and what he expects, so now I want to see it on the field.

Defense: Ugh I guess Tyson Jackson. He needs to step up and be just a LITTLE BIT productive. I don't care if he sets the world on fire this year, just please, for the love of god, CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING.

hawkeye123
07-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Offense: Anthony Davis

He showed potential when he shut down Clay Matthews but also looked terrible when he got owned by Chris Long. Time for him to step it up.

Defense: Taylor Mays

Incredible potential, great game vs Atlanta last year. Sucked every other game, especially vs Carolina. Terrible against the pass plain and simple. Time for him to earn a starting job.

Notredameleo
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Lions:

Offense: Stafford. Doesn't really need to step up as much as just stay healthy. I honestly think the team can make a playoff push with a healthy stafford all season.

Defense: Delmas. He's been solid his whole career, but he needs to take that next step and be a playmaker and difference maker.

YAYareaRB
08-01-2011, 12:42 AM
49ers

O - Does it even need to be said. You got all the tools to be a great QB in the league and you were chosen #1 overall. Something is not clicking, luckily we signed him to a 1-year deal and have a QB guru as a head coach. if this doesn't work, he's out and we move a diff direction

D - I'm gonna go against the grain and say Tarell Brown. he shows flashes of immense talent but then goes back to suckiness afterward. I like him and part of my wanting him to step up is because i want him to excel. I think he has the potential to be a very good starter in this league. same could be said about Taylor Mays though.

seems like you can choose anyone on this team on both sides of the ball and tell them to step up, outside of VD, Justin Smith, Willis, and Gore of course. which is probably why our team always sucks

Ness
08-01-2011, 01:41 AM
If Brown is starting than so be it. I've wanted to really see what he can do in an extended role and now is his chance. Don't screw it up.

SuperMcGee
08-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Defense: Aaron Maybin - teh obvs. Just hoping to get anything out of him and/or Merriman to supplement two guys that we already have little reason to count on in Kelsay and Moats. Closing in on megabust status.

Offense: Demetrius Bell - Has played well for a 7th round pick, but needs to be better at the all-important position with which he has been entrusted. Gets talked up in the area, but is seen as a weakness from the national level, which is probably closer to the truth. Has talent and is not terrible, but some people expected us to pull another Jason Peters out of our ass with Bell. Was given a pass with the injury excuse for a mediocre 2010 season. He was a project pick, but he's had plenty of time at the position for us and it's time for him to put up.

YAYareaRB
08-01-2011, 02:15 AM
If Brown is starting than so be it. I've wanted to really see what he can do in an extended role and now is his chance. Don't screw it up.

yeah, like i said, i think he has the ability to be really good and hopefully the stars align right for him this season.

Ness
08-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Well hopefully Aldon Smith makes his job a lot easier. Please be the next DeMarcus Ware.

Bengalsrocket
08-01-2011, 02:52 AM
To Avoid BengalsRocket because i was going to use both of those.

Offense
Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell

Both are in a contract year and with Chad gone they need some one to play opposite to AJ.

Defense
Another Pass Rusher

Dunlap and Atkins seem like the only 2 players that can get consent pressure on the QB. Another Pass Rusher would really help the Lost of Jonathan Joseph

Those are good ones as well. I have full confidence Simpson is everything he showed us last year and more. He has all the motivation and talent needed, he was just buried below T.O. and Chad.

igglefanz
08-01-2011, 02:57 AM
For the Eagles its down to 2 spots on the offense I decided to go with a player that was good 3 years ago but was injured the last 2 seasons

Jamaal Jackson C He was a very good center before having back to back season ending injuries. With a decent left side and Watkins at guard it will bring together 4 of the 5 spots. My other need to step up is whoever plays rt for the Eagles if its Dunlap or Justice when he gets back.

On defense its another player that was hurt last year.

Nate Allen FS. Was playing brilliantly for the first year here. Hope he becomes the player we saw before the injury and even more. with what is in front of him as of DL and CB he should be in position to make plays. Cannot have a sophomore slump here. Runner up is Chaney and Matthews we may have to ask as of now alot from them unless the Eagles bring in a vet at LB

Thecollegedropout
08-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Jets:

Offense: RB Shonn Greene(Was suppose to really step up last year and at times showed his worth but at other times was ineffective or was fumbling the football often. Tomlinson outshined him in some parts of last season and I don't expect LT to have the same role as he did last season. McKnight(Gasp) and Powell will be around if anything happens but the Jets really, really need Greene to emerge as a worthy starting running back in the league. Dustin Keller would be a close 2nd for this)

Defense: OLB Calvin Pace(I would have said Kyle Wilson if Cromartie didn't resign but he will have low expectations unless Revis or Cromartie get hurt. Anyways, Pace hasn't lived up to the deal he got from Arizona and has shown every now and then to be a very effective pass rusher. Got busted for steroid last season so he missed 4 games. This year, we don't have a true pass rusher so Pace will be largely depended upon to be the one to get to the QB and wreak havoc. I have lost all hope for Bryan Thomas at this point anyways...)

Thecollegedropout
08-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Defense: Vernon Gholston

Hey, why the hell not?
Has been listed for me in the 2009 and 2010 edition of this so its like wishing upon a shooting star to come down. Just never going to happen.

RCAChainGang
08-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Colts:

Offense: Jo Addai - stay on the field. He hasn't had help from the O-line, but we really need his help to open up the run game.

Defense: Jerraud Powers - Hayden got cut and he is now probably the best corner on our team. He's done very well, but now he has a much bigger role. He needs to step up huge so our defense isn't a complete joke.

Nikolas
08-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Texans:

Offense: Matt Schaub. It's time to focus and take us to the Playoffs!

Defense: The entire secondary. Seriously, guys.

BlindSite
08-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Carolina Panthers

Offense: There's very few holes on the Panthers offensive roster, they've got possibly the best running back stable in the NFL, a great offensive line, top of the line tight ends and albeit young but promising talent at wide receiver behind steve Smith. The biggest issue last year was Quarterback. The team will forever be destined to wallow in ineptitude and the cellar of the NFC South unless a quarterback whether it's Clausen, Newton or a third party steps up and becomes effective and efficent from under center.

For too long the team has been ineffective because of turn overs, ineptitude and lack of talent at the position. Someone has to step up.
Honorable Mention: Armanti Edwards, you can do it in shorts, you cost us a 2 draft picks including the 33rd overall, bring something to the table.

Defense:
Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson has a chip on his shoulder because he thinks the media has slighted him by saying he doesn't deserve a contract. He'll fight hard and play well, on the other side the starting RDE got 0 sacks in the '10 season. Greg Hardy has the physical presence and the repetoir, he needs to stay motivated and put everything together if he does there could be a very solid set of book ends bearing down on QB.

Honorable mention: Thomas Davis, from probowl form to missing one and a half seasons, you got paid, come back strong.

senormysterioso
08-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Packers;
Offense - A running back. Grant or Starks or the rookie...one of them needs to at least give teams the impression that we'll occasionally run the ball.

Defense - AJ Hawk. Got rid of Barnett, gave him the contract. He needs to build on last year and become the leader of our defense and a playmaker.

Sloopy
08-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Ravens:

Joe Flacco: Got the defense and the team around him to make it to the playoffs now we just need him to step up and take us to the promised land.

Terrence Cody: Got some shoes to fill but could be great

Indianapolis:
Ijalana/Castonzo: PROTECT PEYTON MANNING

Bullitt: just as with the Ravens... Got some shoes to fill but his play could go a long way in determining how well our secondary does this year.

Splat
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Andy Studebaker

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v1m3q0.jpg

TheFinisher
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Cowboys

Anthony Spencer- Entering his contract year so it's time for him to step up if he wants to be back. He plays opposite the best pass rusher in football yet he's been mediocre getting to the QB. If he can't make it work playing under Rob Ryan, see ya.

Dez Bryant- I fully expect him to have a breakout year this season, especially now after we cut ties with RW11. He's going to be relied on heavily in our offense and should be Romo's #1 target by the middle of the season. And when that happens, I'd recommend you pick him up for your fantasy league :)

K Train
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Steelers

Jonathan Scott- It looks like he'll be penciled in as the starter at LT unless gilbert really blows them away or they bring starks back. Many fans take note of how much he improved last year after starting out so horribly, but i like to think of it as he went from atrociously terrible to marginally servicable. Hes a bottom 5 LT in the league right now if he starts, while i dont expect him to step up at all, he really needs to. Sadly though i feel like what you see from him is what you get :-(

Curtis Brown- Id love for him to be a quick study and show some heroics early on, he needs to win the NB spot from ***, that just has to happen. It would be amazing if he could handle being a starter by mid season. Same goes to Crezdon Butler too, either one needs to impress

jrdrylie
08-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Bears-

Chris Williams- I was pissed when the Bears passed on Branden Albert for Williams. Sure, Albert hasn't exactly been All-Pro, but at least he has been better than Williams. He has already failed at both tackle spots. Now he moves inside to guard. If he fails there too, it's time to send him packing.

Major Wright- The Bears decided to let Danieal Manning walk because I guess they feel Wright is ready to be the starter. He did nothing during his rookie year and he'll have to seriously step up in his second season to replace what the Bears lost in Manning.

keylime_5
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Browns

Offense: Mohamed Massaquoi (or Brian Robiskie)

2009 second round pick(s) need to step up and emerge in their third season as a legit starting WR and offensive playmaker. Do or die time this season.

Defense: D'Qwell Jackson

if he can finally stay healthy he should be poised for a great year now that the Browns have moved to a 4-3 which definitely suits Jackson better. He'll play middle linebacker and can emerge as a defensive force for us if he's healthy. He's on a 1-year deal, so it's do or die for him also. He led the NFL in tackles during his third season, but he wasn't a great player then in our swiss cheese 3 man front then under Romeo Crennel - he can flourish in Dick Jauron's system.

Timbathia
08-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Broncos

Offense: Knowshon Moreno

McGahee sure isnt the answer, and the Broncos will be a much more run heavy team this year. Moreno has lost 15 pounds during the off season trying to become more explosive. He probably realises his career is more or less on the line this season.

Defense: Robert Ayers

Could be a number of guys that need to step up (or any of them would be nice), but I will say Robert Ayers. He played strong last year, especially in running situtations, but moving back to his natural end position this year he will have a chance to become more involved in getting to the QB with teams focusing in on Doom. If he can become a more complete end it will help the Broncos immensely.

Menardo75
08-01-2011, 04:20 PM
For San Francisco I am going to go with the less obvious ones.

Offense : Chilo Rachal - Started the last couple games of his rookie year and dominated, and since then has been abused by elite players very average against average players. Time to step up and become the best we saw out of him when he was a rookie.

Delaine Walker - One of the most athletic tight ends in the NFL, and has gamebreaking ability. In his career so far though he gives up as many plays as he makes. Time to step up and take some heat off of your fellow tight end.

Defense : Tarrell Brown - Took a flyer on him a few years ago has the talent to become a very good starting corner in the NFL. To this point has been nothing more than an average nickel. Looks like he will get one last opportunity to prove his worth time to step up and become a reliable starter.

Ahmad Brooks - An elite talent coming out of college and fell due to character concerns. 49ers two years ago converted him to a 3-4 OLB and pass rush specialist, and has one dominating game on monday night to show for it so far. Time to step up and become the player you can be time for you and Aldon Smith to become a dynamic duo at OLB.

coordinator0
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm going to stick to players that have actually played quite a bit in the last couple of years, so I'm leaving out youngsters like Dickson, Cody, Zbikoswki, etc.

Baltimore:

Offense - Michael Oher. The offensive line was the worst unit on the team last season and Oher was a big part of that. Flacco needs as much time as he can get in the pocket and Oher just didn't give it to him last season. He also had quite a few false-starts.

Defense - Jarret Johnson. This could also refer to anybody that starts at the OLB spot opposite of Suggs because we didn't get anything out of it last season. I believe that Johnson's 9 sack season a couple of years ago was a fluke but we need more out of him than we're getting. The #2 ILB spot could also be considered for this since the play there has been underwhelming as well.

cvv84
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Name a player on O and on D for your team that needs to stop messing around and STEP UP!!!

I'm going to stick to players that have actually played quite a bit in the last couple of years

Likewise, only makes sense too.

Packers

Offense: Jermichael Finley

A tough one but I'm going to go with Finley. Talented player but needs to prove he can stay healthy. He's in a contract year so its a perfect time to step up and show us you can be that consistant dominating player that we've seen flashes of. Ryan Grant, you are also on notice.

Defense: A.J. Hawk

Solid but unspectacular, Hawk is now the captain of the defense with the departure of Nick Barnett. He needs to step up and become the leader along with picking up his game a bit.

Splat
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Chiefs DE Tyson Jackson drew praise from coach Todd Haley after working with a MMA trainer this offseason.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/6/edbb49ba-ba1f-40a6-abe3-a2c3f1a28853.jpg

fear the elf
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Browns...

It's really hard for me to narrow this down to just one guy on each side...eff it, I'm doing two...

Offense -

1. Colt McCoy - This one is obvious. As Colt goes, so goes the offense. We saw the potential last year, now he needs to give strong indication that he can lead the franchise this year, or we need to move.

2. Tony Pashos - Needs to prove he can stay healthy and still play at a high level. I don't believe there is a capable replacement on the roster now that Floyd Womack has left the team.

Defense -

1. Nickle CB - Which at this point looks like either Coye Francies or Buster Skrine (not good). This could easily have been the entire secondary, b/c outside of Haden, I'm not really confident in anyone (yes, including T.J. Ward).

2. Jayme Mitchell - The front office thinks so highly of him they traded for him last year when he didn't fit the 3-4 system and put off signing a big name pass rusher in favor of resigning him. He had better be able to play.

Honorable mentions:
Shawn Lauvao
Mohamed Massaquoi
Brian Robiskie
Montario Hardesty

Unbiased
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Jaguars

Offense: Eugene Monroe

We need to see if he can protect Gabbert's blindside for years to come. He hasn't been consistent after two years and he's making top 10 draft money.

Defense: Derek Cox

This should be the year we discover if he's starting material or not. Not would mean we'd really have to go all out at CB next year because Mathis will be a FA and 31 years old.

GET LOOSE
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
For the jets its got to be shonn green, calvin pace and im gonna say cromartie. Hes playing opposite of the best corner in football and teams are going to try and bully him just like last year. He'll have plenty of chances to make a big play on defense. He was solid last year but gave up one 2 many big plays