PDA

View Full Version : My Forum Draft Results (so far)

Smokey Joe
03-24-2007, 04:40 PM
*The Bears New GM Smokey Joe coming up to the podium*

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/mpbd/ronreporter.jpg
Reporter 1: Mr. Joe, can you explain to us why you made the Lawrence Timmons pick?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/mpbd/DaleAvy.jpg
Smokey Joe: We feel Lawrence is going to make a big impact on this team. He has great size, great speed, great strength, we were shocked he fell this far. He is going to make the perfect replacement for Briggs. Right now, he has to compete with Dhani Jones for WLB spot, but we feel confident that Lawrence will make a big impact this year, as well as future years. The only way we would not address linebacker in the first round was if all Jon Beason, Lawrence Timmons, and Paul P. were not there. We also wanted a wide-receiver early, but since if we skipped one of those 3 with pick 31, chances were that the Colts would draft that linebacker. And odds were that they weren't interested in a receiver.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/mpbd/reporter.jpg
Reporter 2: Why did you feel wide-receiver was such an early need and why Sidney Rice?

Smokey Joe: Well, to be honest, we were targeting Dwayne Jarrett and Dwayne Bowe, but we knew the odds of them actually being there were slim. So that is why we targeted Sidney. He has great size, and we feel once he gets on our lifting program, he will get bigger, faster, and stronger. We think in a couple of years he, Bernard , and Mark [Bradley] will make a great trio.

Also, miss, can you please come to my office after this conference, I have some "inside information" to show you.

[B] Reporter 1: Why Ryan Kalil with pick 37? Do you not see Olin Kreutz in your future plans?

Smokey Joe: Are you kidding me? As long as I am the GM, Olin Kreutz isn't leaving this team unless he retires or does something incredibly stupid. We feel Ryan will add much needed depth behind Olin, as well at guard. We think once Ruben retires, Kalil will be able to take over at guard, and Olin only has 5-6 years left in him likely, so when he leaves, Kalil will be able to take over for him, and we won't miss a beat. In fact, we were shocked to see Kalil fall so far, we had him rated very high on the big board.

This meeting is over. Reporter 2, lets go.

bearsfan_51
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
What did you trade Briggs for?

Smokey Joe
03-24-2007, 07:24 PM
these are all my transactions so far...

Traded RB Thomas Jones to the Jets and their 2nd round pick, 63 overall, for the Jets second round pick, 37 overall
Franchised OLB Lance Briggs -> Traded to Oakland for their 2nd round pick (33rd overall), TE Courtney Anderson, and OLB Robert Thomas
Traded Chicago's 6th round pick to Washington for S Adam Archuletta -> Contract was reworked
Re-signed OG Ruben Brown, LB Rod Wilson, and TE Gabe Reid
Cut FB Byran Johnson
Extended the contracts of Tommie Harris, Nathan Vasher, and Bernard Berrian. Restructured Mike Brown's contract
Traded CB Dante Wesley and 5th round pick (158 overall) to Cleveland for OLB Dhani Jones
Re-signed NT Ian Scott

bearsfan_51
03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure I would want any of those crappy players you got in the trades, but other than that good job. I like all three picks.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
What did you trade Briggs for?

The briggs' trade was a good one! :)

Smokey Joe
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
TE Courtney Anderson - Is an overall good TE, nothing special though. I'm going to cut either Gilmore or Reid.
OLB Robert Thomas - Probably going to cut him.
S Adam Archuletta - I don't need to explain this one
OLB Dhani Jones - is a solid OLB that will (if this was real or madden) compete with Timmons

KBear
03-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Trading Briggs for the top pick the 2nd round is not bad. Considering the leverage the Bears have lost lately because of Briggs, it is certainly a reasonable trade, not a great one though. Anderson is just another body at TE, not an upgrade, so it sounds like something the Bears would ask for. Thomas played for Lovie in St. Louis, so getting him is understandable as well.

The part I dont get, is why take an OLB in the first round, and then trade for vet OLB? I would assume that Timmons would start, or should at least expect to start from day one. You can get a decent cheap vet in free agency and not waste a draft pick on one.

Smokey Joe
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Trading Briggs for the top pick the 2nd round is not bad. Considering the leverage the Bears have lost lately because of Briggs, it is certainly a reasonable trade, not a great one though. Anderson is just another body at TE, not an upgrade, so it sounds like something the Bears would ask for. Thomas played for Lovie in St. Louis, so getting him is understandable as well.

The part I dont get, is why take an OLB in the first round, and then trade for vet OLB? I would assume that Timmons would start, or should at least expect to start from day one. You can get a decent cheap vet in free agency and not waste a draft pick on one.
Yeah, now thinking of it, trading for Dhani was a bad move...

Smokey Joe
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
oh, and my last two picks were...

Brandon Jackson, RB
C.J. Gaddis, CB

pellepelle_10
03-25-2007, 11:06 PM
I love the 1st pick..lol