PDA

View Full Version : Top Breakout RB

mellojello
08-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Almost nobody had Arian Foster on their radar last year. Who will be this year's Arian Foster or breakout RB?

DoughBoy
08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Montario Hardesty

/thread

katnip
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
i liked that mikel leshure kid during the draft period.. so i'll say him even though he's only a rookie

ryan matthews?

K Train
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
ryan matthews failed the conditioning test lol

stephenson86
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Daniel Thomas - Miami
Alex Green/James Starks - Green Bay

wordofi
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
James Starks.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Marion The Barbarian XD

fear the elf
08-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Montario Hardesty

/thread

I hope you're right. From what I've read, in the very limited action so far, he's looked really explosive and powerful; however, they've only been going for 3 days and he hasn't even participated fully because the coaches want to be cautious with him.

Just imagine if he can stay healthy and lives up to his potential. Hardesty and Hillis would be a tough combination to deal with.

Unbiased
08-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Mike Goodson.

I know it feels like he's buried on the depth chart, but Carolina uses the two back system. If either Stewart or Williams get injured (which happens), I think he'll step in and have a great year.

superman8456
08-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Shonn Green

I think he is going to take the starting role from LT and make the most of those touches running behind a damn good offensive line.

RaiderNation
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I know Darren McFadden has already brokeout last season, but I really do believe he could end up being a 1,500 yard type RB this season. Our head coach raves about him in every question asked and I just have the feeling if he stays healthy for the whole season he will be great this year.

Ravens1991
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I expect Ray Rice to bounce back to a 2009 like season w/ Leach upfront

bucfan12
08-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I have a few.

Tashard Choice is finnally the starter. I think when/if healthy, he'll have a terrific season.

Lagarrett Blount last year ran over 1,000 yds and he didn't start until week 7. He can be a 1,500 yard back with 10 tds this year as well.

A rookie to watch is Evan Royster in Washington. He's not a burner, but he's got great vision and makes the proper cuts when sees the gap. I think the Skins are going to feature him more in the offense.

Raiderz4Life
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I know Darren McFadden has already brokeout last season, but I really do believe he could end up being a 1,500 yard type RB this season. Our head coach raves about him in every question asked and I just have the feeling if he stays healthy for the whole season he will be great this year.

I was gonna say Michael Bush. I rly like Bush and I think he'd be great if he got more carries. If he can stay healthy I rly feel he can have a beast season.

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Felix Jones is the starter and I fully expect him to break out with more touches.

Hopefully we'll see good seasons from Beanie and Daniel Thomas for my fantasy team's sake.

And of course Benard Scott, def. has a chance to break out, running behind Benson. Benson's certainly no sure bet to stay healthy or out of trouble.

GET LOOSE
08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Shonn green will have his best season as a jet this year. I also like felix jones this year since barber is gone.

tjsunstein
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Does James Starks qualify?

Ryan Williams from Arizona. Daniel Thomas of Miami.

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Why not? I like him, but aside from that game against Philly, he wasnt anything too special after that.

tjsunstein
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Why not? I like him, but aside from that game against Philly, he wasnt anything too special after that.
To me, he kind of put himself on the map with that game. With Grant coming off injury (although he's looking mean in practices so far), Starks and Green could very well have good years. I love the position our offense is in right now as far as personnel goes.

SuperMcGee
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM

I thought he was pretty good in the Super Bowl. His big gains on first downs and reliable conversions on 2nd- or 3rd-and-short opened up a lot of nice passing opportunities in similar situations.

GaMeTiMe
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Tough question. When you go by a player that will exceed expectations, I second McFadden and add Frank Gore to that list. If you want a young guy with not much hype that has the best chance at being a top RB this season, I'll go Roy Helu

thenewfeature06
08-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Shonne Greene all day and DMAC should have a repeat year maybe slightly better webhopin

K Train
08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
i think javid best has a really good year with that passing game becoming lethal and the addition of leshoure

Da-Phins
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Reggie Bush......

JK, I'll go with Ryan Torain.

nikkayeah
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
anthony "big dix" dixon

DiG
08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Without injury I'll go with the likes of Blount and Shonn Greene. But when you talk about a guy that has the talent to put up serious numbers if there was an unfortunate injury ahead of him than I'm going with Rashad Jennings.

bearfan
08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Lol @washingtonrunningbacks...who knows who will be getting most the touches with the addition of Hightower. Helu, Torrian, Hightower, Royster...it really is a toss up.

I agree with the Goodson, I wish that Dwill left so he could finally get some carries. If he can get touches, he will definitely impress.

I like the Tashard Choice, I've always liked him. If he gets his carries (over Felix and Murray), he should have a very good season.

The one I'm going to throw out there is Marshawn Lynch. Last year I thought that Justin Forsett would be the ultimate sleeper (thus drafting him in all my fantasy leagues), but this year with an upgraded OL he should be better than his terrible numbers last year (had him on my fantasy team later on).

No one has mentioned Mark Ingram...I think he will have the most sucess running the ball out of the rookies.

Also no mention of CJ Spiller, who could "break out" given the opportunity.

My top 3 (who hadn't been mentioned): Lynch, Ingram, Spiller.

V.I.P
08-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Only one Blount sighting in this thread =(

LeGarrette will be top 3 in rushing yards this season. (quote me)

His rookie season he had 1,000+ yards in 10 games (7 starts)

He was the leading rusher in the last six weeks (can't find link)

Plus he was non existant in the passing game , so when he's in teams knew it was a running play.

I expect him to "BREAKOUT" this season !!!

Sincerely, V-I-P

SchizophrenicBatman
08-02-2011, 07:36 PM
peterson's due for a long term injury

Gerhart

bornnraisedwhodat
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I hit a couple Saints camps the past few days...and I must say...Ingram looks like the real deal.

niel89
08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
peterson's due for a long term injury

Gerhart

My love. You have it forever.

vidae
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Only one Blount sighting in this thread =(

His rookie season he had 1,000+ yards in 10 games (7 starts)

He was the leading rusher in the last six weeks (can't find link)

Plus he was non existant in the passing game , so when he's in teams knew it was a running play.

I expect him to "BREAKOUT" this season !!!

Sincerely, V-I-P

notsurifsrs. You guys don't realize how difficult it is to rush for 1500 yards. And top 3? Give me a break. You guys are getting way out of control. First it was the Freeman for MVP thread, which should have gone into the Hall of Fame for the hilarity, but then it's Bowers is the steal of the draft before a single NFL down and now LeGarrette ******* Blount is going to rush for 1500 yards and be a top 3 back?

Someone make the madness stop! PLEASE!

DeepThreat
08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
notsurifsrs. You guys don't realize how difficult it is to rush for 1500 yards. And top 3? Give me a break. You guys are getting way out of control. First it was the Freeman for MVP thread, which should have gone into the Hall of Fame for the hilarity, but then it's Bowers is the steal of the draft before a single NFL down and now LeGarrette ******* Blount is going to rush for 1500 yards and be a top 3 back?

I love you.

V.I.P
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM

?? He asked who was gonna have a breakout year, and i answered the qeustion. Why are you getting so emotional?

Edit: Also i never said Bowers was the steal, it was just an article i found. I said in the "Rookie Watch thread" that the steal of the draft is Mason Foster =]

Saints-Tigers
08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
The first Saints RB to stay healthy will probably have a really good year. Big if.

BlindSite
08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Ryan Matthews, a lot of the game hinges on Rivers but I think Matthews can pick up the slack pretty quickly and easily and produce pretty well. He went for 5/600 and 4.7 ypc last year and Denver's defense still looks soft up the middle.

Thecollegedropout
08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Joe McKnight.....

Just he will do his damage in the kick returning game. Don't know why but I am on the bandwagon of his as a special teams player. Shonn Greene's fumbling problems scare me but I want to hope he can emerge and a big TD scorer.

Maybe Bilal Powell can emerge as this year's James Starks.

Hurricanes25
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
?? He asked who was gonna have a breakout year, and i answered the qeustion. Why are you getting so emotional?

Edit: Also i never said Bowers was the steal, it was just an article i found. I said in the "Rookie Watch thread" that the steal of the draft is Mason Foster =]

You did a little more than answer the question. You said:

But yeah vidae, TB fans are getting out of control.

Raiderz4Life
08-02-2011, 10:48 PM

you didn say it but a bucs fan did.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48180

BaLLiN
08-02-2011, 11:05 PM
I do like Daniel Thomas alot, but I know Lex Hilliard showed promise in limited action. I definitely like Miami for a RB emergence, just hard deciding between the two.

JHL6719
08-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Not gonna pick any rookies. I'd rather look at 2nd, 3rd year players to actually "break out".

I like Hardesty and C.J. Spiller.

SuperMcGee
08-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Plenty of talent, but I'm definitely tempering expectations with Spiller, coming in as the #2 after showing little last year and having nobody to seal the edge.

Ness
08-03-2011, 05:00 AM
I was gonna say Michael Bush. I rly like Bush and I think he'd be great if he got more carries. If he can stay healthy I rly feel he can have a beast season.

I've always liked Michael Bush too. It's a shame he can't get a starting gig. Or at least more carries.

senormysterioso
08-03-2011, 05:27 AM
This is going to be Jamaal Charles' year. I know he's already a legit superstar...but I think this year it's all going to come together and he'll get his touches. I fully expect him to be an MVP candidate.

Jvig43
08-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Joe McKnight.....

Just he will do his damage in the kick returning game. Don't know why but I am on the bandwagon of his as a special teams player. Shonn Greene's fumbling problems scare me but I want to hope he can emerge and a big TD scorer.

Maybe Bilal Powell can emerge as this year's James Starks.

I personally am going with Shane Vareen all homer talk aside....................................

Caddy
08-03-2011, 06:03 AM

I'm sorry vidae :\

AntoinCD
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Im going to go with Ryan Mathews if he can stay healthy. When he was healthy last year he showed flashes and playing in an offense with Rivers, V-Jax and Gates will only help.

T-RICH49
08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
This is going to be Jamaal Charles' year. I know he's already a legit superstar...but I think this year it's all going to come together and he'll get his touches. I fully expect him to be an MVP candidate.

you rule +rep

Saints-Tigers
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Didn't Ryan Matthews just fail an Albert Haynesworth-esque conditioning test?

niel89
08-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Couple of guys I like from this thread;

LeGarrette Blount - I think he has semi-broken out already because he had a great year and broke 1000 yards. I'm looking at something more like 1200-1300 for him for the year, but he'll get more recognition because his team will be more known around the league next year. I want to see him carry it for a season consistently before I say that he will be a 1500 yard rusher.

Ray Rice - Rice is gonna have a real nice bounce back year. The team is really committed to running the ball with more authority this year. Yanda moving back into RG and FB Vonta Leach should help to make the holes a little bigger. With McGahee gone also TDs should increase with more goalline carries.

Jamaal Charles will be interesting this year because he deserves to get more touches but you need to keep him fresh and healthy to maximize his ability. I just don't want to see him get over loaded with carries.