PDA

View Full Version : I'd like your opinions on some questions.

whatadai
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
1. With Zach Miller gone, who will be the starting TE in Oakland and how will they do? Myers? Or one of the rookies?

2. Will Robert Ayers actually do anything now that he's in a 4-3...and will he start? He looked like a beast in the 4-3 in his last year in college, but looked lazy and was constantly manhandled in the NFL in the 3-4, but even when he was in the 4-3 and had his hand in the dirt.

3. Who will be the starting corner back across from underrated Stanford Routt? Chris Johnson?

4. Who will start at QB in Cincinnatti? Dalton or Gradkowski?

5. Who will start at CB in Detriot? Eric Wright or Alphonso Smith?

6. Will Cedric Griffin be back to his former self?

7. Will Hines Ward finally lose his job to Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders?

8. Will Mathews or Tolbert produce more? Take injury into account since Mathews is injured at least 2 weeks a year.

9. Will McFadden break 1500 yards and 10 TDs?

10. Who will start across from Finnegan? McCourty or Verner?

jrdrylie
08-03-2011, 08:35 AM
1. I don't claim to follow Oakland's backup Tight Ends. But Myers has started when Miller has been injured. He'll start day one. But hasn't really been great so sixth-round pick Richard Gordon could take over. Kevin Boss is still out there too, so maybe they sign him.

2. Robert Ayers sucked in the 3-4. Do I think he'll be a star in the 4-3? No, especially since there are no quality defensive tackles to help take the pressure off of him. I also don't know how an undersized Elvis Dumervil will do across from him. The good news? I think he'll quadruple his career sack total. The bad news? That will only equal 6 sacks.

4. It should be Dalton. They need to know whether he can be a quality starter or if he sucks and they need to get Andrew Luck. It will be Gradkowski.

7. Yes, Hines Ward will lose his job. It may not be official. He may still start. But I think he'll fall from 2nd to 4th in receptions.

8. Tolbert will have more touchdowns. Mathews will have more yards.

9. No he won't. If you extrapolate his numbers from last season where he only started 13 games, it would equal 1424 yards and 8.6 TDs over a full 16-game season. That means 1). He'll have to be better, which is very possible and 2). he'll have to stay healthy. Not as likely.

TitanHope
08-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Verner started across from Finny last year, but in nickel formations, ATV went inside and McCourty took over outside CB. But with a season now under ATV's belt, I expect he keeps the base #2 CB spot. McCourty will still see the field plenty, especially depending on scheme. Verner is a great zone CB, while McCourty is the bigger, faster one who can keep up with WR's in man.

AntoinCD
08-03-2011, 09:18 AM
2. Will Robert Ayers actually do anything now that he's in a 4-3...and will he start? He looked like a beast in the 4-3 in his last year in college, but looked lazy and was constantly manhandled in the NFL in the 3-4, but even when he was in the 4-3 and had his hand in the dirt.-It would be hard to be worse than he was

4. Who will start at QB in Cincinnatti? Dalton or Gradkowski?-Dalton no doubt

5. Who will start at CB in Detriot? Eric Wright or Alphonso Smith?-
it should be Eric Wright

8. Will Mathews or Tolbert produce more? Take injury into account since Mathews is injured at least 2 weeks a year.-Mathews. I think he has a great year

9. Will McFadden break 1500 yards and 10 TDs?-No. It's just too hard to get those numbers and would take a special year behind a great offensive line. More like 1250/8 IMO

Bengalsrocket
08-03-2011, 06:15 PM
4. It should be Dalton. They need to know whether he can be a quality starter or if he sucks and they need to get Andrew Luck. It will be Gradkowski.

I actually thought the same thing when we signed him. However, all reports are saying that Dalton is going to get more opportunities in training camp. I really think Lewis and Gruden are going to force Dalton into the starting spot.

Halsey
08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
The Bengals should take Luck if they get a chance at him, even is Dalton looks like the next Drew Brees. If Luck is as good as so many of us believe, you don't just bypass him in a Draft. You either take him or trade his rights for a king's ransom.

Bengalsrocket
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I agree. If the Bengals pick first next year, it'll be a big mistake to pass on him

RaiderNation
08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
1. With Zach Miller gone, who will be the starting TE in Oakland and how will they do? Myers? Or one of the rookies?

3. Who will be the starting corner back across from underrated Stanford Routt? Chris Johnson?

9. Will McFadden break 1500 yards and 10 TDs?

1 Right now it looks to be Myers, but I just read a tweet 5 mins ago confirming we will workout Kevin Boss tomorrow.

3 Likely Chris Johnson, but one of the younger guys could replace him during the season.

9 If he plays all 16 games I think it is very possible.

Bucs_Rule
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I agree. If the Bengals pick first next year, it'll be a big mistake to pass on him

It also means that Dalton played a lot of games and really struggled. Even if Gradkowski starts the year if the Bengals don't win he will get benched.