Discuss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

I think FSU is way too high.

sbh15
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Discuss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

I think FSU is way too high.

i'd agree. i wasn't too old during fsu's glory years, but it seems like the college football world has just been waiting for them to get back to that level. i'd also say florida is too high. i just don't think you can rank a sec team with brantley at qb that high right now. if weis fixes him, then florida becomes top 25.

OSUGiants17
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Why are people so high on LSU? I really don't feel like they are a top 5 school. The top 15 IMO should be more like this:
1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma State
8. Florida State
9. Wisconsin
10. Texas A&M
11. South Carolina
12. Arkansas
13. Nebraska
14. Virginia Tech
15. Ohio State

LSU and FSU shouldn't be top 5, Stanford, Bosie, Oklahoma St, South Carolina, and Arkansas need to be higher

BigJohn98
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Because other than QB, LSU has a ton of talent.

proshoota25
08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
i'd agree. i wasn't too old during fsu's glory years, but it seems like the college football world has just been waiting for them to get back to that level. i'd also say florida is too high. i just don't think you can rank a sec team with brantley at qb that high right now. if weis fixes him, then florida becomes top 25.

unfortunately, i agree. love my gators, and we have a ton of talent. i just cant see us winning more than 8 games this year.

jrdrylie
08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Florida State probably isn't the 5th best team in the country. But at worst they will be 11-3 this year. They will certainly be ranked top-ten at the end of the season and if they beat Oklahoma at home, they have a great chance to go undefeated.

The team I think is ranked way to high is Auburn. They are a 6 or 7 win team. In no way are they a top-twenty team.

I also think Central Florida should be ranked. They finished last season in the top-twenty. I think they will be better. If they get past BYU to start the season, I could see them going undefeated in the regular season.

keylime_5
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
why is alabama #2 after losing McElroy, Ingram, Jones, Carpenter, and Dareus. they lost three games last year, so losing arguably their 5 most imporatant players is gonna make them better? Oregon should be #2. They lost a lot less and were actually undefeated last season going into the NC (which they narrowly lost on a last second FG) and play a weaker schedule.

Also why do we still have preseason polls? they should release the first one in october, not august.

JRTPlaya21
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Love Bama but yeah they really are highly overranked & I wouldn't be shocked if Mettenberger pushes Jefferson hard at that QB position.

iowatreat54
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Spurrier is no longer voting for Duke in these.

:(

jrdrylie
08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Love Bama but yeah they really are highly overranked & I wouldn't be shocked if Mettenberger pushes Jefferson hard at that QB position.

Mettenberger isn't going to push Jefferson. He is going to pick him up and toss him around like a rag doll. Jefferson is garbage. If he starts this year, he and Jacory Harris will push Reggie Ball for the worst four-year starters of a BCS-Team ever.

JRTPlaya21
08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Haha don't even utter Reggie's name. He was apart of my family for a brief period through a marriage.

jrdrylie
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Haha don't even utter Reggie's name. He was apart of my family for a brief period through a marriage.

Bad memories? Because I certainly do. I had season tickets to Georgia Tech games for three of his four seasons as a starter. They should have been winning ACC titles during his time there, not seven games.

JRTPlaya21
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
The worst. I feel like all GT needed was a little competency to throw to Megatron and then things could have gotten serious to the core. I was def a fan of Nesbitt's though & Bebe went to high school right by my grandma's house.

M.O.T.H.
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm not used to Gamecocks praise, acclaim, and hype. Gonna be interesting to see how they respond to it, playing as the apparent front runner in the SEC East.

YAYareaRB
08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Why are people so high on LSU? I really don't feel like they are a top 5 school. The top 15 IMO should be more like this:
1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma State
8. Florida State
9. Wisconsin
10. Texas A&M
11. South Carolina
12. Arkansas
13. Nebraska
14. Virginia Tech
15. Ohio State

LSU and FSU shouldn't be top 5, Stanford, Bosie, Oklahoma St, South Carolina, and Arkansas need to be higher

i dont think there is a school that reloads better than LSU(maybe Oklahoma).. with that said, i dont think there is a school in the country that disappoints more than them

YAYareaRB
08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Arkansas will win the SEC.

niel89
08-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm still surprised every time Stanford is ranked.

Cigaro
08-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm content with South Carolina's position. We may have the talent to be higher, but we're also South Carolina.

YAYareaRB
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm still surprised every time Stanford is ranked.

me too man. im so used to them sucking. i've been waiting all my life for either SJSU or Stanford (or Santa Clara to upstart their program again) to be good and now our days have finally come.

all hail andrew luck!

703SKINS202
08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I think we deserve to be in the top 25.

YAYareaRB
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM

is there any reasoning behind this?

tjsunstein
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I certainly agree. Anyone who watched the Mountaineers last year saw that the talent was there but Bill Stewart may have been the worst head coach in football. Our defense has been top notch but our problem has been offense since Rich Rod left. We're bringing in an offensive mind in Holgerson to coach up Geno Smith even more. I'd give Geno Smith an outside shot at the Heisman this year. Love the weapons around him, and the offense is a perfect fit for him. And, he was just a sophomore last year so I expect a huge step forward.

703SKINS202
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
is there any reasoning behind this?
....... no