PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Player (homer/non-homer)

V.I.P
08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Who do you think is gonna have a breakout season?

Non homer selection: Navorro Bowman
Really liked him as a prospect coming out in last years' draft. Plus he benefits from playing besides the best MLB in the game. Can't wait to see him start this season.

Homer selection: Dezmon Briscoe
Really came on strong at the end of last season. He's also tearing it up in TC right now. Might be the #2 WR on the depth chart due to Arrelious Benn recovering.

RCAChainGang
08-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Austin Collie as long as he stays healthy.

YAYareaRB
08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Non Homer - Reggie Bush

Homer - Alex Smith (broken record **** i know)

Legacy
08-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Non-Homer: Steve Breaston
He probably doesn't fit the mold of a "breakout player" per se, since he's had 3 good seasons in Arizona. I think he'll benefit quite a lot from playing opposite Dwayne Bowe and finally having a decent rushing attack and quarterback throwing for him. If nothing else, he should shatter his current high for TDs in a season (3).

Homer: Gerald McCoy
He struggled early last season, which was mostly due to him being required to learn both DT and DE (stupid move), but settled in for the last couple of games before he got hurt. The addition of Clayborn and Bowers and (hopefully) the return of Price should keep opposing offensive lines honest, freeing him from the double-teams he saw much of last season.

Halsey
08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Homer: Harry Douglas(Please Lord Jebus is Heaven make this happen. The Falcons really would be The Greatest Show on Turf II)

Non-Homer: Matthew Stafford(haha I made a second homer pick! Yeah! In your face!)

Hines
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Homer: Emmanuel Sanders

Non-homer: Sam Bradford.

Don Vito
08-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Homer: Jermaine Cunningham

Non-Homer: Peria Jerry (yes kind of homerish but he will be a monster)

Pat Sims 90
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Homer: Jeorme Simpson
Showed Flashes of what he could do last year at the end of year. Playing opposite AJ Green will help also.

Non Homer:Sam Bradford
Hey McDaniels made Orton look like a Pro Bowler and Bradford also has some new toys to play with.

BlindSite
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Homer: David Gettis

Non Homer: Matt Stafford (stay healthy goddamnit)

Complex
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Homer: Kenny Britt and Jared Cook
I predict over 1,200 yards and over 10 TDs.

NonHomer: Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford

phlysac
08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Homer: NaVorro Bowman and Reggie Smith

Non-Homer: Cliff Avril and Arrellious Benn

jayceheathman
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Homer: Taylor Mays. At least I hope so. I talked him so much in the Mays vs Berry debates that I am now looking like an idiot.

holt_bruce81
08-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Homer: Taylor Mays. At least I hope so. I talked him so much in the Mays vs Berry debates that I am now looking like an idiot.

Aren't the Niners already shopping him around?

Homer: Donnie Avery WR

Non-Homer: Ryan Matthews RB

bam bam
08-04-2011, 11:43 PM
homer: Ed Dickson

non-homer: Jared Odrick

XxXdragonXxX
08-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Homer- Marshawn Lynch: Even though the OL is young, they should be much better run blockers than last years line. Plus the addition of Zach Miller will help open up holes in the run game as well.

Non-homer- Jerome Simpson: Looked really good at the end of last year, plus he's on my fantasy team....so I guess this is still a homer pick....

phlysac
08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Aren't the Niners already shopping him around?

Two reported parts to the story...

1. Mays was more of a Singletary pick than a Baalke pick.
2. Teams have expressed interest in Mays over the past year. Baalke wants to see just how serious that interest is.

ellsy82
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
NFL:
1. Mike Sims-Walker (non homer)
2. Antonio Brown (homer)

College:
1. Marcus Coker, RB, Iowa (Homer)
2. Lance Lewis, WR, ECU (Non-Homer)

gpngc
08-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Seahawks: Earl Thomas or something.

Other team: I honestly just want people to see my new signature.

OzTitan
08-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Jared Cook as homer.

Non homer, Lamarr Houston.

gouldo
08-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Homer - Brian Hartline, Miami.
Non Homer - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Pittsburgh

BigBlueNorwegian
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
My homer pick would be Linval Joseph. He's probably not going to be a big stats guy in our defense, but I think he will be a force to be reckoned with as a run stuffer in our D.

Non-homer it would probably be Matt Stafford. He has certainly looked the part when healthy, but he needs a full season to prove it to everyone. Enough with the injuries already.

Nalej
08-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Homer: J.Cunningham OLB/DE Patriots

Non-Homer: M.Stafford QB Lions

Unbiased
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Homer: Austen Lane DE

Non-Homer: Mike Neal DE Packers

K Train
08-05-2011, 09:55 AM
homer- crezdon butler

non homer- reggie bush

tjsunstein
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Homer: DJ Williams, GB TE

Non - Homer: Casey Matthews, PHI LB

vidae
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Homer: Jon Asamoah. He has looked really good when he was in the lineup. He has big shoes to fill so I'm hoping he is ready.

Non-Homer: Reggie Bush. I hope he goes to Miami and lights it up.

Saints-Tigers
08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Homer: Jonathan Casillas.

He locked down the OLB spot last off season and had a season ending injury in the last pre-season game.

He's seemingly picked up right where he left off, he's stupid fast and aggressive, and is going to benefit big time from playing behind a really talented and huge D-line.

Non-Homer: Matt Stafford.

Too many flashes of brilliance early on, he's bound to stay healthy and make his mark.

jayceheathman
08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Two reported parts to the story...

1. Mays was more of a Singletary pick than a Baalke pick.
2. Teams have expressed interest in Mays over the past year. Baalke wants to see just how serious that interest is.

I was mad when the Texans passed on him. Granted, Kareem Jackson hasn't had much better of a career to start out.

Monomach
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Homer: Corey Wootten
Non-homer: Still Corey Wootten

bucfan12
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
homer: Dez Briscoe Tampa Bay: Dudes' hands are like glue. In the NO game, he made a ridiculous catch in the endzone. In TC practices, he's been making some 1 handed circus catches as well as his route running ability and getting open. I think he gives Free another weapon at WR.

non-homer: Matt Stafford (if healthy): This guy was playing very well before his injury. If he can stay healthy and his weapons around him produce, he'll probably win Comeback player of the year.

FlyingElvis
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Homer: Taylor Price. Ocho isn't what he used to be and NE really needs a solid threat in the passing game. 600 yards / 4 TD

Non-homer: Beanie Wells. This kid has loads of talent and now Hightower is gone so he's the incumbent.

Hurricanes25
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Homer: Shonn Greene- this is a pretty easy one to pick. I'm expecting big things out of him this year since he is expected to get the majority of the carries.

Non Homer: Matt Stafford- If he stays healty, he and Calvin are going to put up big numbers.

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Homer: Jason Campbell QB Raiders
After a rough start last season Campbell really started to show the talent of a NFL starting caliber QB the last few weeks of the season(QB Ratging of 96.8 the last 5 games). With another year to work with Hue, Campbell should progress even more along with our young WR's. The big question is will our oline be able to play atleast to the level of last year(around average). We will see if Wiz and Barksdale can be able to play like Veldheer last year.

NonHomer-Matt Ryan QB Falcons
Ryan is already a very good QB, ranking somewhere in the top 12 in the league. But I think he will take a Aaron Rodgers type jump into top 5 disucussion after this year(I have Atlanta going to the Superbowl). With adding Julio Jones, who I think could be the OROY and adding more talent to the defense, don't be surprised to see the Falcons and Matt Ryan to be major contenders

bigbluedefense
08-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Homer: Mathias Kiwanuka - I have a feeling he's going to break out. His issue has always been strength. He finally bulked up last year, and he was a monster before he got hurt. He was our best player on defense. And his time at LB taught him how to drop in coverage and improved his lateral agility. He's rangy, flexible, strong, and fast. And versatile. And most importantly, he's hungry. I think if he can stay healthy he's going to have a monster year.

Non Homer: Jimmy Graham - This guy has all world potential. And he was flashing it late last year. I think this year, he's going to really establish himself as one of the best up and coming TEs in the league. At least as a pass catcher. As a run blocker, probably not.

AntoinCD
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Homer-Rob Gronkowski: Towards the end of last year Gronk really started to become Brady's favourite guy, especially in the red zone. He is having a tremendous offseason and training camp and i think he may put himself up into top 5 TE talk this year.

Non-homer-Ryan Mathews: Call this one a gut feeling but I think he has a huge season in SD. With most defenses not crowding the box to defend their passing attack I could see him as a 1300 yard double digit TD guy if he stays healthy...a big if though

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Homer: Joseph Addai- We took him back. The offensive line has been upgraded. He was looking pretty good before injuries took their toll on him last year. If he stays healthy i can see him having a pro bowl quality year.

Non homer: One of the raiders receivers

EvilNixon
08-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Jason Campbell is pure trash.

Homer: Mike Mitchell Was the best safety on the team last year with more coverage skills than Huff and a better tackler than Branch. He's tough, exciting, and getting better and better.DHB. Was the best WR on the team early before Cable benched him. His route running and hands have improved dramatically since his rookie year.

dj825
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Non Homer - Kyle Williams. Hes already good but this year he will get the recognition hes been deserving.

Homer - Greg Hardy. He played well last year when he was in the game but he split time alot, he was recently injured and will miss alot of camp but i think when he heals he will improve alot from last year.

GaMeTiMe
08-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Homer: Jamar Chaney

Non-homer: Jahvid Best

TheFinisher
08-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Homer: Felix Jones

With Barber out of the way Felix will have a much increased workload. This year he lives up to his 1st Round status.

Non-Homer: C.J. Spiller and the Bills offense

Razor
08-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Homer: Pat Chung
The guy was a stud last year but was hurt. This year I fully expect him to be one of the better players on defense. He could be what Rodney Harrison was. Outsider could be Taylor Price, but he has Welker, Branch and 85 ahead of him on the depth chart, and one could even argue Edelman and Tate as well.

Non-homer: Matt Stafford
I think he'll manage to stay healthy this year, and if he does he is going to absolutely destroy opposing defenses.

M.O.T.H.
08-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Homer:

Felix Jones, indeed. To the non fan, or the outside eye, it may appear as though we have downgraded along the O-line, with the losses of Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo. On the contrary, that in itself, is addition by subtraction. Then it doesnt hurt that we replaced Colombo with a 1st round talent in Tyron Smith. An exceptional athlete who should excel in the running game early. At RG, while he isnt my ideal choice to start, Montrae Holland, will be an upgrade over the majorly declining Leonard Davis. Assuming the line stays healthy, there should be nothing holding Felix Jones back from breaking out. He's naturally matured into an extremely fit 220 pounds and he's proven to be a good runner between the tackles. He's a fantastic blocker as well and finished third on the team in receptions a year ago (48 receptions). He looks more every down back, then change of pace or speed/scat back these days. He also has the added benefit of having two insanely talented WR on the outside and arguably the best TE in football. Have fun stacking the box. I really do think the sky is the limit for Felix still.

Non-Homer:

I have three, each of which has been mentioned in here. #1 Jared Cook. 6'5 250 lbs, runs a 4.5. mmm mmm. The guy can be the ultimate weapon for the Titans. He's going to benefit greatly from the Hasselbeck addition and just playing more snaps with Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt in general. He's a matchup nightmare, who they are moving all over the field in camp. The guy should be in for a big year, potentially a pro bowl caliber season.

#2 Beanie Wells. It's Beanie's time now. As Whis said, he's the clear cut starter these days. What Beanie needs is an opportunity. I'm a Ryan Williams fan, but Beanie is the superior talent. I honestly, think all he has to do is stay healthy and he'll solve their RB woes for good. We'll just have to see if he can stay upright.

#3 Jerome Simpson. I'm a little worried about the QB situation there for him. But Jerome is an impressive young receiver. His natural athleticism cannot be questioned. He's fast, he accelerates quickly, he has good length, he has monstrous sure hands, and he's one of the NFL's top leapers. He also comes from a pretty solid pedigree of players he got to sit and learn from, in Ochocinco and T.O. Say what you will about their diva antics, both have proven to be good teachers of their position. Owens in particular. It's a small sample size, but we got see what Simpson could do with all that raw athleticism in the waning weeks of the season a year ago. 20 receptions, 277 yards, and 3 Tds in three consecutive starts. Jerome may prove to be an absolute beast in Jay Gruden's West Coast offensive scheme, and could and probably should, be their number 1 receiving target all season long.

Da-Phins
08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Homer- Chad Henne. Well he better improve anyway or I will chop off his nuts.

Non homer- Jerome Simpson. He looked pretty good in the last few games last year so I expect for him to build on that and start off how he finished.

Saints-Tigers
08-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Homer: Jonathan Casillas.

He locked down the OLB spot last off season and had a season ending injury in the last pre-season game.

He's seemingly picked up right where he left off, he's stupid fast and aggressive, and is going to benefit big time from playing behind a really talented and huge D-line.

Non-Homer: Matt Stafford.

Too many flashes of brilliance early on, he's bound to stay healthy and make his mark.

So far so good, Casillas looks like a STUD(7 tackles, 1 sack, was all over the field) and Stafford was 6/7 and two scores.

Yayy preseason overreaction.

J-Mike88
08-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Homer: Austen Lane DE

Non-Homer: Mike Neal DE Packers
WINNING *****

J-Mike88
08-13-2011, 08:42 AM
NonHomer-Matt Ryan QB Falcons..... don't be surprised to see the Falcons and Matt Ryan to be major contenders
You mean like being the #1 seed in the playoffs with the best record in the NFC? Like last year? That kind of contender? Or a lower-than-#1-seed?

And Ryan beat out Rodgers for the Pro Bowl last year.... he already "broke out".

OSUGiants17
08-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Homer: Victor Cruz- Smith is gone :( and Mario is not the most reliable WR. Cruz showed flashes all pre-season last year and is finally healthy.

Non-Homer: A young TE- Gronk, Hernandez and/or Graham, all scratched the surface of their talents last year, now another year

bigbluedefense
08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Don't forget Gresham. Gresham is a beast. That was a sick TE class. Gronk, Hernandez, Gresham, Graham, Moeki, all of them are going to be very good.

I think Graham is going to be the best of the bunch. He was my favorite coming out.

All will be very good though.

V.I.P
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Who do you think is gonna have a breakout season?
Homer selection: Dezmon Briscoe
Really came on strong at the end of last season. He's also tearing it up in TC right now. Might be the #2 WR on the depth chart due to Arrelious Benn recovering.

Bricoe looked like who i though he was.

Won't be surprised if he lines up opposite of Mike Williams on opening day.

OSUGiants17
08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Don't forget Gresham. Gresham is a beast. That was a sick TE class. Gronk, Hernandez, Gresham, Graham, Moeki, all of them are going to be very good.

I think Graham is going to be the best of the bunch. He was my favorite coming out.

All will be very good though.

Very true, forgot about Moeki. I think he will tear it UP in KC this year. That TE class was crazy. Gresham proved himself last year, but inconsistent QB play this year will hurt his production, plus AJ Green is there now and he won't be the #1 target

jsagan77
08-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Homer: Rex Grossman. Third year in the offense and he looked great the other night.

Non Homer: Felix Jones is going to own teams this year.

Rosebud
08-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Homer: William Beatty - Almost became our starter last year and looked solid when he stepped in. He's now almost 30 pounds bigger and stronger and has been kicking serious ass in TC. If he can avoid injuries I think the Giants have their franchise LT and the best LT since I've been a fan.

Non-Homer: James Starks - Well first of all the guy went to UB when I did, so that's a win, then you add the fact that he's just a better runner than Ryan Grant with much more upside and big play ability and you're talking about a guy who could easily put up 1200+ yards if he gets enough carries. As is he'll probably split them with grant and the short passing game so his numbers won't reflect what a beast this kid is with the ball in his hands.

Rosebud
08-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Homer: Mathias Kiwanuka - I have a feeling he's going to break out. His issue has always been strength. He finally bulked up last year, and he was a monster before he got hurt. He was our best player on defense. And his time at LB taught him how to drop in coverage and improved his lateral agility. He's rangy, flexible, strong, and fast. And versatile. And most importantly, he's hungry. I think if he can stay healthy he's going to have a monster year.

Non Homer: Jimmy Graham - This guy has all world potential. And he was flashing it late last year. I think this year, he's going to really establish himself as one of the best up and coming TEs in the league. At least as a pass catcher. As a run blocker, probably not.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Kiwi. This'll be the year he finally stays healthy and tears **** up. He's got more natural talent than any of our DEs other than JPP and was just dominating last preseason. If he's really back at full force this year we should be getting 10+ sacks from the big man.

I also think we're going to see a great year from Kenny Phillips. A year in this system and another year away from that knee surgery should give him the freedom to just kick major ass.

KCJ58
08-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Donnie Avery/Matthew Stafford