PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 RB Prospects

redbills
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Who are the top 10 RB prospects for the NFL?
They can be college Sr. all the way to high school Sr.
I have not seen Malcolm Brown or Johnathan Gray play but heard great things about them.

1-Trent Richardson Jr.
2-Marcus Lattimore So.
3-Michael Dyer So.
4-Bryce Brown RSo.
5-Malcolm Brown Fr.
6-Lamar Miller RSo.
7-Eddie Lacy RSo.
8-Christine Michael Jr.
9-Johnathan Gray HS Sr.
10-Cyrus Gray Sr.

My list good, bad or should I punch my-self in the nuts for even trying its that bad??? Whats your top 10 look like?

YAYareaRB
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure if they would be considered prospects seeing that neither Brown or Gray has played a down yet. I would put in some more players that are actually draft eligible to a prospect list or actually played a down.

redbills
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure if they would be considered prospects seeing that neither Brown or Gray has played a down yet. I would put in some more players that are actually draft eligible to a prospect list or actually played a down.

The piont of the list is top notch prospects (guess i should have said that) not just guys who will be in the NFL but legit #1 backs. Knile Davis is a good back but I just dont see him as a top notch guy. So basically guys that can become elite NFL RBs.

YAYareaRB
08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
The piont of the list is top notch prospects (guess i should have said that) not just guys who will be in the NFL but legit #1 backs. Knile Davis is a good back but I just dont see him as a top notch guy. So basically guys that can become elite NFL RBs.

well i gotta respect your opinion.

i just dont see how you can make a list of future elite NFL RBs while listing 3 guys that haven't played a down. but to each his own.

Giantsfan1080
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Lattimore is #1 for me.

A Perfect Score
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Lattimore is #1 for me.

Ditto. Lattimore is my favorite college RB since Peterson. The guy is going to be an absolute terror in the NFL.

Giantsfan1080
08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Ditto. Lattimore is my favorite college RB since Peterson. The guy is going to be an absolute terror in the NFL.

I've been saying this since about 4 weeks in of last years season. He's going to be the next big thing. Very good vision, built like a truck, can even catch out of the backfield. Stud. I hope I'm not a jinx.

A Perfect Score
08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I've been saying this since about 4 weeks in of last years season. He's going to be the next big thing. Very good vision, built like a truck, can even catch out of the backfield. Stud. I hope I'm not a jinx.

He's got the breakaway speed too...Thats going to be very important for him come draft time. That top gear is something that separates the premier prospects (AD) from guys like Ingram, Shonn Greene, etc...Those big, physical runners who don't have the speed to separate past the second level.

Giantsfan1080
08-05-2011, 06:34 PM
He's got the breakaway speed too...Thats going to be very important for him come draft time. That top gear is something that separates the premier prospects (AD) from guys like Ingram, Shonn Greene, etc...Those big, physical runners who don't have the speed to separate past the second level.

Yeah I actually forgot to mention that because I was getting excited. South Carolina is going to be fun as hell to watch.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-05-2011, 06:49 PM
The big thing is having a HS senior over Cyrus Gray.

BrabbitMcRabbit
08-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Haven't seen any of the incoming freshmen, so I won't list them.

Of the players I've seen:

1. Trent Richardson, Alabama
2. Michael Dyer, Auburn
3. Cameron Marshall, Arizona State
4. Doug Martin, Boise State
5. Knile Davis, Arkansas
6. Edwin Baker, Michigan State
7. James White, Wisconsin
8. Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M
9. LaMichael James, Oregon
10. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Richardson and Dyer look like the only surefire NFL starters to me.

The rest have at least some question marks.

I think Lattimore, James, and Gray are pretty overrated. Chris Polk is not on my list, but he's also extremely overrated. Such an ordinary player. Can't understand the hype. He isn't even a top 5 RB prospect in the league (Taylor, Marshall, Tyler, Seastrunk, James, etc).

YAYareaRB
08-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I think Knile Davis can be a starter in the league. Him, Richardson, and Lattimore are some of the most well rounded RBs I've seen in a while. All can pound inside but have to step to beat you outside.

rawdawg
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Yeah, Marcus Lattimore is pretty much amazing. Worry about injuries with him but the same was said about Peterson.

No love for Barry Sanders Jr? LOL.

Cigaro
08-05-2011, 09:48 PM
My biggest concern for Lattimore will be wear and tear when he gets to the NFL. SC relies on him heavily, and if he stays for four years that'll be quite a few carries.

ElectricEye
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
I like Lattimore a lot too. Physically, he's every bit as good as Richardson, if not better in some areas. I like his running style a whole ton more though. Just seems to get in gear a little bit faster. Wear and tear is going to be a concern though, as Cigaro mentioned. He's projected to hit a lot of carries very early into his football life. Really got beat up a bit at times last year too from what I saw.

wordofi
08-05-2011, 10:45 PM
I like Lattimore a lot too. Physically, he's every bit as good as Richardson, if not better in some areas. I like his running style a whole ton more though. Just seems to get in gear a little bit faster. Wear and tear is going to be a concern though, as Cigaro mentioned. He's projected to hit a lot of carries very early into his football life. Really got beat up a bit at times last year too from what I saw.

He's got better vision than Richardson. Richardson rushed things and tries to hit the hole before it opens.

etk
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Who are the top 10 RB prospects for the NFL?
They can be college Sr. all the way to high school Sr.
I have not seen Malcolm Brown or Johnathan Gray play but heard great things about them.

My list good, bad or should I punch my-self in the nuts for even trying its that bad??? Whats your top 10 look like?

1-Trent Richardson Jr. - Best RB prospect since Peterson. No argument here.
2-Marcus Lattimore So. - Ultimate intangibles runner. Not the biggest or most athletic but he's a complete back that runs hard and can carry an offense. I'd have him a bit lower as an NFL prospect.
3-Michael Dyer So. - Next MJD. I'm a big fan and he translates well to the pros.
4-Bryce Brown RSo. - Headcase. RBs are easy to find and I don't think teams will be eager to spend high picks on him. His HS film was ridiculous and if he can remove distractions and lock in mentally he'll be 2nd on this list.
5-Malcolm Brown Fr. - Big physical runner. Not overly explosive or fast but a solid workhorse back. Shonn Greene is a good comparison.
6-Lamar Miller RSo. - Has a unique running style (for better or worse) but he has an ideal build with legit speed. Fringe 1st rounder.`
7-Eddie Lacy RSo. - No idea.
8-Christine Michael Jr. - Haven't seen him since the All-America game.
9-Johnathan Gray HS Sr. - Prototypical back, but he's not that beastly that I'd rank him before college.
10-Cyrus Gray Sr. - Explosive and underrated.

I separated the list from redbills' quote to add comments, but it's still his rankings btw.

I'd have James White way up on the list, maybe even #2. Edwin Baker is legit too.

Cigaro
08-06-2011, 02:25 AM
1-Trent Richardson Jr. - Best RB prospect since Peterson. No argument here.
2-Marcus Lattimore So. - Ultimate intangibles runner. Not the biggest or most athletic but he's a complete back that runs hard and can carry an offense. I'd have him a bit lower as an NFL prospect.
3-Michael Dyer So. - Next MJD. I'm a big fan and he translates well to the pros.
4-Bryce Brown RSo. - Headcase. RBs are easy to find and I don't think teams will be eager to spend high picks on him. His HS film was ridiculous and if he can remove distractions and lock in mentally he'll be 2nd on this list.
5-Malcolm Brown Fr. - Big physical runner. Not overly explosive or fast but a solid workhorse back. Shonn Greene is a good comparison.
6-Lamar Miller RSo. - Has a unique running style (for better or worse) but he has an ideal build with legit speed. Fringe 1st rounder.`
7-Eddie Lacy RSo. - No idea.
8-Christine Michael Jr. - Haven't seen him since the All-America game.
9-Johnathan Gray HS Sr. - Prototypical back, but he's not that beastly that I'd rank him before college.
10-Cyrus Gray Sr. - Explosive and underrated.

I'd have James White way up on the list, maybe even #2. Edwin Baker is legit too.

Lattimore is 6', 230 lbs. Technically no, not the biggest, but that's pretty good size for a running back. He's not Noel Devine.

herkyhawkeye
08-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Marcus Coker True Soph Iowa
6'2 230 lbs as a true freshman. Once he learns to get his pad level down watch out.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/qctimes.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/c/80/474/c804744c-13b9-11e0-b887-001cc4c03286-revisions/4d1be9c2eca4e.image.jpg

YAYareaRB
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
i guess everyone is sleeping on Knile this year. Oh well.. straight to the heisman ceremony

ElectricEye
08-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I like the way Coker runs as well. It goes against everything, but I just really like guys who run upright and still produce. If you've got enough power in your legs and you can bounce off contact, you can get by with it. Dickerson and Adrian Peterson are a good proof of concept of that. Granted, those two were/are absolute freaks, but guys like Arian Foster have also produced(sometimes big, too) with higher than conventional pad levels too.

TheFinisher
08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
No Ronnie Hillman love? He put up mind boggling numbers as a Freshman last year.

kyNWPk7Oq90

YAYareaRB
08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
No Ronnie Hillman love? He put up mind boggling numbers as a Freshman last year.

Baby Marshall Faulk right there

ElectricEye
08-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Hillman is good. We'll just have to see how good. Unfair as it might be, he'll have to prove himself a bit more because of the level of competition. He's also listed at under 180 pounds and 5'10 might be a bit generous.

Kid can sure run though.

kyNWPk7Oq90

etk
08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Lattimore is 6', 230 lbs. Technically no, not the biggest, but that's pretty good size for a running back. He's not Noel Devine.

I forgot about the weight he added this offseason. He's always been a bigger back but what I meant was that Lattimore isn't as freakish physically as most top recruits and productive freshmen. He's just a good football player. I'm sure you know what I mean since you followed him since high school.