PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 1.0

RaiderNation
08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
1 Washington Redskins- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
The QB situation in Washington is horrendous, and it seems as if they are setting themselves up to land Luck. Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect I personally have seen and I only see great things coming from him in the NFL. The next Peyton Manning?

2 Cincinnati Bengals- Matt Kalil OT USC*
This a tough situation for the Bengals because they could easily go Barkley/Jones here, but I think they are committed to Dalton for at least the next season. Andre Smith hasnít worked out well at all so OT is clearly a need. Could Kalil be the next Anthony Munoz?

3 San Francisco 49ers- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
Another tough QB situation here for the 49ers. I think it is clear that if Luck is on board, the 49ers will draft him, but if he isnít will Kaepernick show enough promise? Frank Gore is nearing 30, has a good amount of miles on his legs and could be traded. Harbaugh needs a power back for his offense to work.

4 Denver Broncos- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
Denver didnít go with Dareus, and shouldnít rely on Ty Warren to fix their DT problems. Worthy led Michigan States defense into a BCS bowl bid and has clearly shown he can be a force inside. If he puts up a even better season than last year, donít be surprised for him to be drafted in the top 10.

5 Carolina Panthers- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
I am one of the believers in Cam Newton and think he will have an actually productive season once on the field. But it is still clear the Panthers lack the overall talent to do anything, especially in the division they are in. Jeffery is a fantastic prospect they brings everything you need to the table at WR.

6 Miami Dolphins- Matt Barkley QB USC*
The Dolphins should have pulled the trigger and traded for Orton. Now they stuck with another season from the very average Chad Henne, who has shown he canít get the job done. With a new coaching staff likely to be brought in, expect a QB to be this pick. Barkely can be a franchise QB in the NFL.

7 Minnesota Vikings- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
With Bryant McKennie done in Minnesota and no clear successor coming in, expect even more oline problems. Martin has been one of the reasonís why Andrew Luck has been a huge success at Stanford, being one of the best blindside protectors in the country.

8 Cleveland Browns- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
It is no secret that Mike Holmgren likes drafting WRís, and Colt McCoy lacks a go to WR. Blackmon has been one of the most productive WRís in college football and be should translate just fine to the NFL. He really reminds me on Anquan Boldin.

9 Arizona Cardinals- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
Ever since Carlos Dansby has been gone the Cardinals have had problems at ILB. Burfict is a local star who knows how to light up ball carriers. A tandem of Burfict and Washington would give them 2 young studs inside.

10 Jacksonville Jaguars- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
The Jaguars failed to add a starting caliber CB this off season and should still have problems facing talented WRís. Also Rashean Mathis has entered his 30ís and play as gone down over the last few years. Kirkpatrick is the top CB this year and talent worthy of being a top 10 pick

11 St. Louis Rams- Marcus Forston DT Miami*
12 Buffalo Bills- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
13 Detroit Lions- Riley Reiff OT Iowa
14 Tennessee Titans- Quinton Coples DE UNC
15 Dallas Cowboys- Robert Lester FS Alabama*
16 San Diego Chargers- Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB UNC*
17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
18 Kansas City Chiefs- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
19 Chicago Bears- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
20 Indianapolis Colts- Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
21 Oakland Raiders- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina*
22 Seattle Seahawks- Manti Teío LB Notre Dame*
23 Houston Texans- Kelechi Osemele OL Iowa State
24 New York Giants- Zach Brown LB UNC
25 Pittsburgh Steelers-Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
26 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina*
27 New York Jets- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
28 Philadelphia Eagles- Mike Barron SS Alabama
29 Baltimore Ravens- Michael Brewster C Ohio State
30 Green Bay Packers- Kheeston Randall DL Texas
31 New England Patriots- Jared Crick DL Nebraska
32 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Cordy Glenn OL Georgia

K Train
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
dennard makes me feel all tingly inside

Hines
08-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Agreed, I love Dennard. He's a beast.

prock
08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
And I love Martin.

I don't think the Vikings will be that bad though..

Matthew Jones
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Would be an exciting Patriots draft. I might go with Mike Brewster and Crick instead just because Dan Koppen should be replaced as soon as New England can find a suitable successor. New England is pushing their luck with Koppen - he struggles mightily vs. nose tackles and most of New England's AFC rivals have 3-4 fronts.

Abaddon
08-06-2011, 03:57 AM
5 CBs in 3 years for Oakland? That's overkill even by Al Davis standards.

shylo3716
08-06-2011, 07:46 AM
28 Philadelphia Eagles- Mike Barron SS Alabama

Can't go wrong there, he just needs to prove he can cover.

RaiderNation
08-07-2011, 02:09 AM
5 CBs in 3 years for Oakland? That's overkill even by Al Davis standards.

I couldn't really decide where to go with our pick since we have a bunch of young players at most every position. I guess maybe a OLB but taking a MLB then a OLB with your last 1st round picks isn't likely.

vidae
08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Well whaddya know, the Raiders win the division in a thread created by a Raiders fan! Color me shocked! :p

Either way, solid KC pick.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Idk how we pickin 21 lol but i want barkley since chances are we'll be picking top 10

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 02:34 PM
2nd overall pick for a RT is a waste. Bengals aready have Whitworth locked down as LT and he sucks at playing guard so they won't switch him back. Richardson or Kirkpatrick would be better options.

K Train
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
2nd overall pick for a RT is a waste. Bengals aready have Whitworth locked down as LT and he sucks at playing guard so they won't switch him back. Richardson or Kirkpatrick would be better options.

so was 6th overall

bluebonnet78
08-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Though I prefer a cornerback, A free safety sounds like a good idea for Dallas and Lester is the preseason FS favorite. nice.

ellsy82
08-09-2011, 12:07 AM
At this point I'd rather have an OL like Brewster or Glenn. I'm not denying its a big need (cornerback), but we've invested like 5 picks at the position in the last 3 years.

The loss of Starks and Adams at our tackle positions combined with the phonebooth types at guard...meh...hate it. The only position we have solid depth at is center. I like the idea of draft Brewster, plugging him in at left guard, and moving Kemo over to the right side. Instant upgrade to two positions with one draft pick.

K Train
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
At this point I'd rather have an OL like Brewster or Glenn. I'm not denying its a big need (cornerback), but we've invested like 5 picks at the position in the last 3 years.

The loss of Starks and Adams at our tackle positions combined with the phonebooth types at guard...meh...hate it. The only position we have solid depth at is center. I like the idea of draft Brewster, plugging him in at left guard, and moving Kemo over to the right side. Instant upgrade to two positions with one draft pick.

only in a perfect world...they love kemo for some odd reason.

when you invest 5 picks in 3 years and 4 of them turn out to be ******* awful (crosses fingers for curtis brown) you take a supremely talented one in the first eventually...same thing happened with the oline....after drafting essex, okobi, kemo, stephenson, hills, and having stapleton, foster come in UDFAs, and brining in mahan and hartwig they set us back sooooo far on the oline that they had to pull the trigger on pouncey to get it back on track and right now its not looking too terrible if gilbert works out at all