PDA

View Full Version : Team with the worst QB play this season?

PackerLegend
08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
There seem to be some teams that are about to begin the season rolling with some **** at QB... Which team is going to get the worst play from that position.

Redskins- Beck, Grossman
Bengals- Dalton, Gradkowski
Panthers- Newton, Clausen
Cardinals- Kolb, ?
49ers- Smith, Kaepernick
Titans- Hasselbeck, Locker
Seahawks- Jackson, Whitehurst
Miami- Henne, Moore
Oakland- Campbell, Boller
-------------------
Vikings- McNabb, Ponder
Bills- Fitzpatrick, Thigpen
Browns- McCoy, Wallace
Jags- Garrard, Gabbert
Denver- Orton, Tebow

TheBoyWonder22
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna go with Washington.
Cam Newton>John Beck

Hurricanes25
08-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Seattle and Washington

PackerLegend
08-06-2011, 02:57 PM
There really wasnt enough room on the poll because I could have added the...

Vikings
Bills
Browns
Jags
Denver

and I think that they would all be pretty fair options.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I think Campbell>>>>Newton, Beck, T-Jax, Dalton, Kolb....Imma go with Washington.

PackerLegend
08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Washington will likely be a highly picked team to have awful play at QB..... but man alot of these teams we have no idea what to expect. Alot of unproven to just awful QBs on these teams.

Splat
08-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Seahawks...

PackerLegend
08-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Who does Oakland even have to throw the ball to anymore?

Shane P. Hallam
08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Who does Oakland even have to throw the ball to anymore?

Do you watch football? Jacoby Ford was a beast last year.

J-Mike88
08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
If Campbell and Boller haven't proven by now that they are failures, I don't know who has.

Oakland in a landslide here.

Hurricanes25
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
If Campbell and Boller haven't proven by now that they are failures, I don't know who has.

Landslide? Campbell is much better than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Seriously? So you're telling me you'd rather roll the dice with Rex Grossman, John Beck, Kevin Kolb, or Tarvaris Jackson??

Ness
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm going with the Redskins.

PackerLegend
08-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I forgot that the Titans even signed Hasselbeck so thats how they kind of ended up on the list. But he hasnt proven he is very durable so its likely that Locker could end up playing and we have no idea how he would fair in his 1st year. Bengals or Panthers are pretty unproven but they are better options then what some teams are going with.

Stash
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I picked Oakland. Washington is the only team listed that I would even consider taking instead. The Raiders problem isn't the WR core, they are probably average with the potential to be better if they had someone who could throw a football.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM
you all shut your mouths when you're talking about john beck

V.I.P
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Didn't know Washington's QB situation was that bad .... They're always the weak link in the NFC East.

Babylon
08-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Seahawks...

Thank You. Surprised this thread wasnt closed some time ago.

Matthew Jones
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Definitely Washington for me. Question marks all along the offensive line and not many weapons at the skill positions.

703SKINS202
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Us, damnit.

T-RICH49
08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
close between WSH and Seattle but went with the Seahawks

Shane P. Hallam
08-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Bengals, bar none.

ChiFan24
08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Once Washington turns to Grossman, they'll be better off than Seattle. So Seattle is my pick. Cincinnati is in the running, but Gradkowski is competent at times.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
The redskins. I see a team that will give up on the season by week 4. There defense has potential but they won't show it. Outside of Santana moss there is not a player even worth thinking about. Not to mention they wil have little help from the running game.

Splat
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The redskins. I see a team that will give up on the season by week 4. There defense has potential but they won't show it. Outside of Santana moss there is not a player even worth thinking about. Not to mention they wil have little help from the running game.

Chris Cooley says HI!

Nalej
08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Panthers......

FuzzyGopher
08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Bengals. 2 ginger quarterbacks, weak receivers, weak running backs, they have no chance.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Bengals. 2 ginger quarterbacks, weak receivers, weak running backs, they have no chance.

1 of em don't wanna be there though....unless you're counting Jordan Palmer....then it makes 3 ginger QBs and 2 who are actually gonna play for em

OSUGiants17
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Bottom 3
Seattle > Washington > Miami

Miami is the worst

FuzzyGopher
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM
1 of em don't wanna be there though....unless you're counting Jordan Palmer....then it makes 3 ginger QBs and 2 who are actually gonna play for em

I'm only counting Jordan which makes their situation even more hilariously abominable.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Chris Cooley says HI!

If he stays healthy

Splat
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
If he stays healthy

?

He only missed time in 09.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chriscooley/2505938/careerstats

descendency
08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Every time I see Cam Newton, I can't decide if he has NFL tools with correctable flaws or uncorrectable flaws with great measurables.

This could easily be Carolina. A lot of people are voting because teams have bad backups, but with this shortened year, the Panthers may have to rely on... *gulp*... Jimmy Clausen. That little bit of veteran experience could mean a lot this year and Newton's last games were in an offense some high schools may consider poor. At least John Beck and Rex Grossman have called NFL plays before. That will count for a lot more than it normally would.

Blame it on the lockout, but I voted Carolina.

yo123
08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
If Beck starts it's the Redskins, if Grossman starts it's the Seahawks.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Every time I see Cam Newton, I can't decide if he has NFL tools with correctable flaws or uncorrectable flaws with great measurables.

This could easily be Carolina. A lot of people are voting because teams have bad backups, but with this shortened year, the Panthers may have to rely on... *gulp*... Jimmy Clausen. That little bit of veteran experience could mean a lot this year and Newton's last games were in an offense some high schools may consider poor. At least John Beck and Rex Grossman have called NFL plays before. That will count for a lot more than it normally would.

Every time I see Newton...I see JaMarcus-lite. Not a bust of that magnitude but close.

Nalej
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM

Word for word what I thought when I voted

FuzzyGopher
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I really don't like Newton but if he plays at all this year the offense will be pretty dumbed down and he can at least make some plays with his feet, so I was reluctant to vote for Carolina. I think Grossman will beat out Beck and even though Grossman is pretty ******* bad he at least has some starting experience and a couple of weapons to work with.

tjsunstein
08-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I actually have faith in Andy Dalton, but not his weapons.

I have faith in Seattle's weapons, but not their ability to get the ball to them.

Therefore, Seattle.

descendency
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Every time I see Newton...I see JaMarcus-lite. Not a bust of that magnitude but close.

I know everyone will be shocked, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Lots of people think if Russell really wanted to be an NFL QB (and not just get paid), he'd have been successful. Lots of his problems came from not caring. His accuracy could have been fixed in camp and practice.

If Cam cares, then being Jamarcus Russell-lite isn't that bad, because I still contend that Russell didn't care enough about being a QB.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-06-2011, 09:27 PM
?

He only missed time in 09.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chriscooley/2505938/careerstats

Weird for some reason i thought he was always bit by the injury bug

J-Mike88
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Seriously? So you're telling me you'd rather roll the dice with Rex Grossman, John Beck, Kevin Kolb, or Tarvaris Jackson??
You really put Kolb in the same sentence with those other guys?
You think any team would have traded a #1 pick for them like Kolb? Plus a good corner?

I've seen more than enough of Jason Campbell and Wrecks Grossman to know they can't play.

I LOL at Tarvarris Jackson, but A) Chuck Whitehurst beat Drew Brees in the playoffs, and B) I remember Troy Williamson single-handedly turning some gorgeous bombs from Jackson into dropped passes. I wouldn't want Jackson, Whitehurst, or Campbell. I still think John Beck can be a good quarterback if given the right situation. Apparently so does Coach Gopher.

Sadly, I don't think, even with his coach believing in him, that it is the right situation so he probably will wash-out again.

I feel bad for all the fans of those bunch of stiffs. But my answer is still Boller & Campbell who I don't want.
At least Newton still hasn't failed yet like Campbell and Gross have, repeatedly. Cam might be good......

Again, lesser of a bunch of evils here. Oakland should have traded for Kolb. He has yet to last, but he's shown enough good things to warrant a high price tag.

Pat Sims 90
08-06-2011, 09:52 PM

Weak Receivers are u on crack? AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shiply, Jermaine Gresham, Chase Coffman, and Bo Scaife i would take this recieveing core over quiet a bit of them in the NFL.

I said Other and that other is Minnesota. McNabb is overrated and sucks now and Ponder i have feeling will get injuried with that OL. On top of that their WRs suck

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
You really put Kolb in the same sentence with those other guys?
You think any team would have traded a #1 pick for them like Kolb? Plus a good corner?

I've seen more than enough of Jason Campbell and Wrecks Grossman to know they can't play.

I LOL at Tarvarris Jackson, but A) Chuck Whitehurst beat Drew Brees in the playoffs, and B) I remember Troy Williamson single-handedly turning some gorgeous bombs from Jackson into dropped passes. I wouldn't want Jackson, Whitehurst, or Campbell. I still think John Beck can be a good quarterback if given the right situation. Apparently so does Coach Gopher.

Sadly, I don't think, even with his coach believing in him, that it is the right situation so he probably will wash-out again.

I feel bad for all the fans of those bunch of stiffs. But my answer is still Boller & Campbell who I don't want.
At least Newton still hasn't failed yet like Campbell and Gross have, repeatedly. Cam might be good......

Again, lesser of a bunch of evils here. Oakland should have traded for Kolb. He has yet to last, but he's shown enough good things to warrant a high price tag.
Yes, because we all know that when a team trades a 1st rounder and a good player that automatically means you're a good QB right?

Whitehurst didn't beat Brees in the playoffs....Hasselbeck started that game.

Jackson is garbage, is why Minni went beggin the fossil Farve to come over. Why he got benched for Sage Rosenfels.

And no...if Beck could have been good Miami wouldn't have gotten of their "potentially good" QB.

Hell no. Oakland might not be good but I'm hoping they're not stupid enough to pull some stupid trade like the Cardinals did.

Hurricanes25
08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
A) Chuck Whitehurst beat Drew Brees in the playoffs,

Oh really? When has Whitehurst beat Drew Brees in a playoff game? If you watched the game, Matt Hasselbeck started at QB.

Kolb has had 1 good game. Is that really enough for you?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Weak Receivers are u on crack? AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shiply, Jermaine Gresham, Chase Coffman, and Bo Scaife i would take this recieveing core over quiet a bit of them in the NFL.

I said Other and that other is Minnesota. McNabb is overrated and sucks now and Ponder i have feeling will get injuried with that OL. On top of that their WRs suck

Homes are funny

CJSchneider
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I couldn't pick between the Redskins and the Seahawks, so I flipped a coin. Sorry, Redskins. However, my 7 year old son has great pocket presence and would be willing to sign a contract.

yo123
08-06-2011, 11:41 PM

I like how your argument against having weak receivers is naming all of your weak receivers.

FuzzyGopher
08-07-2011, 01:41 AM

The first receiver you named is a rookie with 0 NFL experience, that alone should raise a red flag. I like the potential of all the guys you listed but the truth is they haven't proved anything yet, do those guys even have 1,000 yards if you combine their numbers?

FUNBUNCHER
08-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Didn't know Washington's QB situation was that bad .... They're always the weak link in the NFC East.

Depressing. Didn't used to be that way, but it feels like ancient history since the Skins were contenders in the NFCE.

Is Andy Dalton expected to start for the Bengals??

I keep having this dream that Luck ends up in Cincinnati.

Ness
08-07-2011, 05:34 AM
I know everyone will be shocked, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Lots of people think if Russell really wanted to be an NFL QB (and not just get paid), he'd have been successful. Lots of his problems came from not caring. His accuracy could have been fixed in camp and practice.

If Cam cares, then being Jamarcus Russell-lite isn't that bad, because I still contend that Russell didn't care enough about being a QB.

I still can't believe Russell just rolled over like that. At least Ryan Leaf cared a little bit. Russell didn't give **** LOL. And after he held out as well. Really this guy should almost be crowned as one of the most successful Con Men in the last 25 years.

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jamarcus-russell_copy_copy.jpg

JBCX
08-07-2011, 06:49 AM
How about the Eagles? Vick might have a seriously bad "regression to the mean" type of season and look like he did against the Vikings last year, but this time all season long.

And then Vince Young comes in and throws a fit and leaves the locker room, and then they're left with nothing but some backup named "Mike Kafka".

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Lol now you're just trolling

bearfan
08-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Had to go with Seahawks. Washington came in second, but I dont know that much about Beck, and I know Grossman played pretty well for them down the stretch. Tjax we know whats up with him...

EvilNixon
08-07-2011, 01:53 PM

and he's the 3rd best receiver with only 2 good games.

EvilNixon
08-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Landslide? Campbell is much better than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson.

lol........He's in the same caliber with better weapons around him.

EvilNixon
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I still can't believe Russell just rolled over like that. At least Ryan Leaf cared a little bit. Russell didn't give **** LOL. And after he held out as well. Really this guy should almost be crowned as one of the most successful Con Men in the last 25 years.

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jamarcus-russell_copy_copy.jpg

Actually J-Roc did care up until the season before he was cut. Towards the end of the 08 year, he was showing some real flashes of brilliance. The OT win over the Jets, leading us into Tampa Bay and beating them when they were fighting for a playoff spot, a big game against Houston...then his uncle died and he gave up.

and even after he quit trying to get better during the 09 year, he still lead the comeback against the Broncos and showed more flashes during the last game against the Ravens in spot duty.

Bengalsrocket
08-07-2011, 05:22 PM
The first receiver you named is a rookie with 0 NFL experience, that alone should raise a red flag. I like the potential of all the guys you listed but the truth is they haven't proved anything yet, do those guys even have 1,000 yards if you combine their numbers?

Yes, Shipley had 600 and Gresham had 407 last year, technically they have 1,000 yards combined. However, AJ Green should still be considered a good target at the moment. It's not like he definitely IS a bust so why discount him?

On top of that, Simpson looked like a monster at the end of last year and while he's still "unproven" it's possible to believe that he's been extremely talented all along and was just buried on the depth chart behind guys like Ochocinco and T.O.

I don't think our receivers are that bad. I would definitely take this squad of "unproven" players over a lot of other team's situations. Though I guess it won't matter because it's not likely that we'll be passing the ball a whole lot.

Brown Leader
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Ignore them. It's obvious the Bengals are stacked with young talent at the rec positions...and I'm a Browns fan.

Only 2 votes for Miami?????? Uhhh... Rex Grossman right now is clearly better than Henne folks.

DiG
08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
voting is a bit surprising to me. grossman actually played decent last year in his 3 starts. no part of my honestly thinks beck is going to start and if he beats out grossman than good for him but grossman definitely outplayed henne last year and you are silly to think dalton in his rookie year and/or tav jackson is going to outplay grossman. with that said skins qb situation still sucks. just not as bad imo as a few others might be.

Auron
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
There really wasnt enough room on the poll because I could have added the...

Vikings
Bills
Browns
Jags
Denver

and I think that they would all be pretty fair options.

While it's true that David Garrard, and Kyle Orton aren't world beaters by any means... there are some teams that have been mentioned in this thread that would love to have them play Quarterback for them..

Ness
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh I would take Orton or Garrard as of now. Fitzpatrick too.

Raiderz4Life
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Can I revote? Cinci and its 2 ginger QBs and 1 disgruntled ginger QB should win.

yo123
08-08-2011, 07:20 PM
voting is a bit surprising to me. grossman actually played decent last year in his 3 starts. no part of my honestly thinks beck is going to start and if he beats out grossman than good for him but grossman definitely outplayed henne last year and you are silly to think dalton in his rookie year and/or tav jackson is going to outplay grossman. with that said skins qb situation still sucks. just not as bad imo as a few others might be.

3 starts is just a short enough time frame where you might not get bad Rex and he'll trick you into thinking that he doesn't suck.

That being said I do think he's better than a couple guys on this list. I've heard Beck is the frontrunner though.

keylime_5
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Only 2 votes for Miami?????? Uhhh... Rex Grossman right now is clearly better than Henne folks.

true, but Henne should have a good OLine and a good running game and a good defense to keep Miami in games to take some pressure off......Grossman will have a lousy OLine that will get him killed and a bad receiving corps and mediocrity at RB. I think Washington's supporting cast has really set the Redskins' QB situation up for failure. Suck for Luck!

Da-Phins
08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Bottom 3
Seattle > Washington > Miami

Miami is the worst

Miami is the worst? You gotta be ******* kidding me. Henne isnt all that but he better then the **** QB's of those two other teams.

nepg
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm rolling with Cincy on this one.

soybean
08-09-2011, 01:12 PM
The signing of Tavaris Jackson and essentially him being the starter is the reason why no teams wanted to give Pete Carroll GM duties in the first place.

With that being said... I'll go with the Buccaneers.

DiG
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
That being said I do think he's better than a couple guys on this list. I've heard Beck is the frontrunner though.

Grossmans already been named starter. And from what I've read from camp that won't likely change.

Iamcanadian
08-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Bengals, bar none.

I totally agree although it could be a rough year for rookie QB's if they have less time to prepare.

Diehard
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
The Bengals, Seahawks and Redskins all seem brutal. At least the Bengals have a rookie with some potential... the other two seem like they are headed down very dead ends.

I'll go with the Seahawks by a whisker.

yo123
08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
With that being said... I'll go with the Buccaneers.

Wait. What?

Splat
08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I'll go with the Buccaneers.

Wait. What?

I second this. WHAT?!?!

SeanTaylorRIP
08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Grossmans already been named starter. And from what I've read from camp that won't likely change.

Umn no he hasn't. He has been named the starter for friday's game and Beck has missed the past few practices with a groin pull, the depth chart means nothing at atm, IMO Beck is still the front runner as we stand.

gpngc
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
One of the following QBs will have a good year and tease his team into thinking he's the franchise QB:

Chad Henne
Tarvaris Jackson
John Beck
Alex Smith
Jason Campbell

NotRickJames
08-11-2011, 01:53 AM

lol, burned.

I picked Oakland. Washington is the only team listed that I would even consider taking instead. The Raiders problem isn't the WR core, they are probably average with the potential to be better if they had someone who could throw a football.

I didn't pick Oakland. Gotta give the nod to Beck and Grossman. But I've got zero belief in Campbell.

Bengals got Gradkowski. #winning

Pat Sims 90
08-11-2011, 02:15 AM
lol, burned.

I didn't pick Oakland. Gotta give the nod to Beck and Grossman. But I've got zero belief in Campbell.

Bengals got Gradkowski. #winning

Expect for the fact Gradkowski is not even going to start unless Dalton gets hurt or is terrible.