PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Battles

cvv84
08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Not alot of big battles going on this year, the biggest probably being at OLB and SS. Who do you think will win?

SS) Morgan Burnett vs. Charlie Peprah

Right now the edge seems to go to Burnett as the coaches have installed him as the starter with the #1 defense. I'd like to see an actual competition here because Peprah really did come on for us last year.

OLB) Erik Walden vs. Brad Jones vs. Frank Zombo

All 3 guys would be descent starters but Jones and Walden have stood out so far. Walden is throwing everything he has at opposing offensive tackles but he needs to develop more pass rushing moves, the same goes for the other 2.

TE) Tom Crabtree vs. Spencer Havner vs. Ryan Taylor vs. Andrew Quarless

Simular players so if we do keep 3 or 4 TEs this year its going to come down to who can play special teams. Finley is a lock and I think D.J. Williams will be as well. I think Quarless will stick for another year if he stays healthy in camp. Havner is versitile but I think he's gone. Crabtree can block but Taylor looks to have more upside.

SuperPacker
08-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Burnett

Walden

Williams, Quarless and Crabtree

That would be my preference.

CheeseKnuckles
08-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see them keep Finely, Quarless, Williams, Crabtree, and Taylor. MM loves his TEs.

BloodBrother
08-08-2011, 09:48 AM
There is also the battle at LG. Sherrod is getting the early reps there, although I think Lang will end up winning that one.

KR/PR is also a bit of a competition, with Cobb the early favorite. His competition is Shaky Smithson and Alex Green, mostly