PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with Carson Palmer?

J-Mike88
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
If you were their GM, would you hold your ground and not set a weak precident by allowing a player to dictate where he plays?
Or would you give-in, realizing that player does you no good sitting out and retiring?

Hurricanes25
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Trade him and get something back. He does you no good just sitting out a year.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I would trade him. No point in having a player taking up a roster spot or abandoning the team without getting anything in return. He doesn't want to be there(can't blame him) so try and get something that may help your team in the future.

proshoota25
08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
im pretty sure they wouldnt get a first for him....considering teams know he wont play for them... and the fact he had a terrible year last year. a team would be idiotic to give up a first. if im a team that has a bad qb situation, i offer a 3rd (and that may even be too much)

ElectricEye
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
No way in hell you get a first for him. Especially with the lack of leverage the Bengals would have in any trade. But not getting something of value for him when there's a market is just plain arrogant, regardless of the circumstances.

Pat Sims 90
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
If some team gave us a 1st let alone a 2nd or 3rd that would be the basically stealing the pick from the other team. Palmer is basically done he is garage now and is injury prone. Of course u trade him and get something out of him.

V.I.P
08-07-2011, 11:50 PM
A third for Carson is possible. I doubt Mike Brown trades him though.

PoopSandwich
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
First... Rounder???

wat.

Saints-Tigers
08-08-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't believe you "set a precedent" by trading him. I wouldn't really want an unhappy player on my team, so I'd rather set a precedent of making my players happy by doing what a good front office should.

Destroying your relationship with the players, and then holding onto one to "prove you won't cave" seems pretty damaging, and you're sending a message to prospective players that they would be better served signing elsewhere.

yo123
08-08-2011, 01:41 AM
What Mike Brown is doing is a complete joke. For some reason he thinks the contracts he signs players to are one sided. You can't cut whoever you want and then ***** and moan when a player wants to cut it on their end. Not to mention he's screwing the team out of a chance to make them better for nothing more than petty ********.

vidae
08-08-2011, 01:42 AM
They're not getting a first for him.. maybe a second, but I'd guess a third. I'd take the third.

hockey619
08-08-2011, 08:14 AM
What Mike Brown is doing is a complete joke. For some reason he thinks the contracts he signs players to are one sided. You can't cut whoever you want and then ***** and moan when a player wants to cut it on their end. Not to mention he's screwing the team out of a chance to make them better for nothing more than petty ********.

exactly this.

Brown has no problem cutting players when he no longer wants them around.

but when they want out?

all of the sudden its not fair that they arent honoring their contract.

Carson Palmer should stay away from the bengals. no offense to fans but that team is a pit, and its been a personal hell for Carson for a few years now. especially last year, you could tell from his body language that the bengals had ruined football for him, that it was no longer fun or something he enjoyed in any way.

the team makes him miserable, so he asked to be traded or hed retire. cant really fault the man for wanting to be happy.

Splat
08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I would do what any other team in the NFL besides the Bengals would do trade him.

Matthew Jones
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
The Bengals are not going to be able to get anything near a first-round pick for a mediocre quarterback in his 30s with a long injury history. He also has an extremely prohibitive contract right now (four years, $50 million) that no team in their right mind would take on, so he'd have to agree to a massive pay cut. I wouldn't trade him because I don't want to set the precedent that you can get out of town by throwing a big enough tantrum. I say let him retire.

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
If some team gave us a 1st let alone a 2nd or 3rd that would be the basically stealing the pick from the other team. Palmer is basically done he is garage now and is injury prone. Of course u trade him and get something out of him.
http://www.brokengarage.com/garage-doors-01.jpg

??

wordofi
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
It's rather obvious that you trade him. You can get at least two good picks for him. I'd be willing to bet that Cincinnati could get at least a first and a second for him.

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm guessing they couldn't get more than a 4th rounder for him, tops. (Broncos apparently couldn't get more than a 5th for Orton, and Orton is better at this point in his career than Palmer)

That's why this honestly doesn't matter that much. Brown is holding to "principles" because he doesn't have much to lose. He's probably happy to simply not have to pay Palmer anymore.

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I honestly can't believe so many people believe you could get a 1st for Palmer. That's ******* insane. He hasn't been good in years.

wordofi
08-08-2011, 09:43 AM
The Bengals are not going to be able to get anything near a first-round pick for a mediocre quarterback in his 30s with a long injury history. He also has an extremely prohibitive contract right now (four years, $50 million) that no team in their right mind would take on, so he'd have to agree to a massive pay cut. I wouldn't trade him because I don't want to set the precedent that you can get out of town by throwing a big enough tantrum. I say let him retire.

So, you don't believe in acquiring draft picks? What the Bengals are doing is self-punishing. Enough said.

bigbluedefense
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
If you can only get a 6th out of him, I probably wouldn't trade him either.

But then again, if Kevin freakin Kolb got a 2nd and DRC, who knows what you could have gotten for Palmer.

Razor
08-08-2011, 10:03 AM

Wait, what? So it's OK for owners to cut players when they no longer want to pay them what they once agreed to pay them, and then refuse to give the players the right to want out? I completely understand why Palmer wants out, Bengals are **** and have been **** for ages. No wonder he ******* wants out, especially now Ocho is gone.

Bengalsrocket
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Mike Brown may be a bad owner (I know I've had that feeling before, though recently he's paid for guys like Odom, Bryant, T.O. and given offers to guys like Vick, so I think he's making steps in the right direction) but this isn't his worst decision ever.

I wouldn't describe this precedent as "weak" either. If the Bengals are such a poorly run organization then we can't afford to have players cutting out on their contracts. Especially with guys who are being paid well; and not just by Mike Brown's standards but by the whole league's standards. It's not like Carson was sitting around on some second rate contract that other QB's are laughing at.

It would be nice to have a 4th or 5th round pick next year, instead of nothing. But not at the cost of having future stars on this team bail at the first sign of trouble.

Matthew Jones
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Wait, what? So it's OK for owners to cut players when they no longer want to pay them what they once agreed to pay them, and then refuse to give the players the right to want out? I completely understand why Palmer wants out, Bengals are **** and have been **** for ages. No wonder he ******* wants out, especially now Ocho is gone.

I agree that it's a little lopsided but the question "was what would you do if you were in charge of the Bengals and someone decided to try and publicly complain their way out of their contract?" Who would play for the Bengals if they released everyone who asked?

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 10:17 AM
But then again, if Kevin freakin Kolb got a 2nd and DRC, who knows what you could have gotten for Palmer.
Kolb has much better trade value. While he probably won't amount to much, he's an unknown, and unknowns can be sold on potential.

Everyone knows what Palmer is, and he hasn't been good in years.

Not to mention that Kolb is 26 and Palmer is 31.

Bengalsrocket
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Yes this is "OK". NFL player contracts are not two way streets. The contract binds the player to the team, it does not bind the team to the player. This isn't a civil rights issue and we shouldn't try to turn it into one.

Specifically in the case of Carson Palmer, a player who has been way over paid for the performance he has given, shouldn't be able to cut and run on a deal just because he isn't winning.

hockey619
08-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Kolb has much better trade value. While he probably won't amount to much, he's an unknown, and unknowns can be sold on potential.

Yeah but Palmer is the definition of a guy needing a fresh start.

Like i said, cincy is hell for palmer at this point, its killed his love for the game. I think going somewhere new could revitalize him into playing well for a few years.

bigbluedefense
08-08-2011, 10:24 AM

It goes both ways though. We do know what Carson was at one point in his career, and there's always that one team that thinks they can bring out that guy in a washed up player.

TitanHope
08-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I would trade him to the worst team that was making a respectable offer. Get some sort of return and ship him off to an equally worse situation.

But if they were only getting 6th-7th RD offers, then yeah, I'd be fine with sticking to my guns.

If a bad team offered a 5th though... Ship him off and then publically talk about how we could only get a 5th RD pick in return. Pull out the projector and power point, and trash him like a boss.

Matthew Jones
08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah but Palmer is the definition of a guy needing a fresh start.

Like i said, cincy is hell for palmer at this point, its killed his love for the game. I think going somewhere new could revitalize him into playing well for a few years.

I'm with you that he would be more dedicated to football if he was on a better team, but then again how sad is it that he's not even motivated to play for a team when he's making $50 million for average to below average play? Giving less than 100% should be out of the question when you're making that kind of money. But even in another city, his arm would still be shot.

hockey619
08-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm with you that he would be more dedicated to football if he was on a better team, but then again how sad is it that he's not even motivated to play for a team when he's making $50 million for average to below average play? Giving less than 100% should be out of the question when you're making that kind of money. But even in another city, his arm would still be shot.

eh its sad, but i dont think hes concsiously trying to half *** it. I think hes burnt out from all of the losing and frustration i.e. barry sanders.

bigbluedefense
08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
The only real mistake Mike Brown made was not re-signing Jonathan Joseph this offseason.

It's hard for Cinncy to sign back their guys though, no one wants to stay there. But he had 2 good drafts in a row, the team has talent, and they got rid of the divas. I wouldn't sleep on the Bengals. I could see a 6-7 win season in them, maybe more with some luck.

They have a good dline, good LB core, decent secondary, a good oline, run game, and they have slept on weapons. They actually have a lot of talent on offense. AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, and Jermaine Gresham makes a good set of playmakers.

I'm tellin ya, don't sleep on the Bengals.

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
It goes both ways though. We do know what Carson was at one point in his career, and there's always that one team that thinks they can bring out that guy in a washed up player.
If that was the case, Donovan McNabb would have gotten more than a late round pick.

monson
08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
What would happen if Carson just showed up to camp tomorrow?

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 02:26 PM
What would happen if Carson just showed up to camp tomorrow?

Coaching Staff and Mike Brown said he would be the starter.

yo123
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
A 5th round pick is better than nothing. Instead of holding on to this holier than thou ******** about always honoring your contract.

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
A 5th round pick is better than nothing. Instead of holding on to this holier than thou ******** about always honoring your contract.

Because Mike Brown is a stubborn old man that lives by his principles and won't change.

Da-Phins
08-08-2011, 03:01 PM
If I was Mike Brown I would feel sorry for the Dolphins and there ****** luck with QB's and trade him to them for a 7th round pick.

Make it happen!

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
If I was Mike Brown I would feel sorry for the Dolphins and there ****** luck with QB's and trade him to them for a 7th round pick.

Make it happen!

Palmer is not much of a upgrade over Henne at this point.

bucfan12
08-08-2011, 03:17 PM
The Bengals could have easily gotten a 3rd or 4th(more likey) for him. I think the Vikings or Seahawks would have given that too him. Yet, the Bengals are losing him for nothing. Mike Brown, I know you're all about standing ground and said "he signed a contract" and can't talk your way out.

Yet, Ocho signed a contract and he talked his way out of town. He's a hipocryte(not sure of spelling, my bad) and should just trade him already. Miami will bite and so might the Skins.

J-Mike88
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I would do what any other team in the NFL besides the Bengals would do trade him.
That farking made me laugh out my drink!

J-Mike88
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Didn't the Bengals get an offer of a 1st & a 2nd for Ocho a few years ago, or maybe even two 1st rounders?

I'm not a big fan of Palmer, but he's not washed up. I remember hearing dozens of people say the same thing about Moss when he shut it down in the black hole known as Oakland, and about Kurt Warner when he was stuck on a bad Giants team. And I remember Drew Brees size and lack of arm strength making him not worth a 1st round pick, and then after 3 or 4 years in San Diego, his shoulder was wacked and Brees was worthless.

Don't be so quick to write-off people sometimes.... when they're in a pathetic situation.

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Didn't the Bengals get an offer of a 1st & a 2nd for Ocho a few years ago, or maybe even two 1st rounders?

I'm not a big fan of Palmer, but he's not washed up. I remember hearing dozens of people say the same thing about Moss when he shut it down in the black hole known as Oakland, and about Kurt Warner when he was stuck on a bad Giants team. And I remember Drew Brees size and lack of arm strength making him not worth a 1st round pick, and then after 3 or 4 years in San Diego, his shoulder was wacked and Brees was worthless.

Don't be so quick to write-off people sometimes.... when they're in a pathetic situation.

He is not in a pathetic situation. He just has a terriable Owner and HC. There are alot of talented Young Weapons on offense then on most other teams. When the Bengals surrounded him with weapons he still stunck. The problem with Palmer will not be fixed if he goes to another team. He will still throw into triple coverage, stare down WRs over throw WRs, Force Balls into spots that are not there, his mobility is about as good as Derek Anderson will all the problems with his knees Plus the fact if u don't have a Pro Bowl OL then he will get hurt at some point. Mike Brown asking price for Carson Palmer is atleast 2 1st Round Picks which will never happen and i dobut he gets traded till next year or if at all.

J-Mike88
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
He is not in a pathetic situation. He just has a terriable Owner and HC.
What?
That's the definition of a bad "situation" regardless of what the young receivers are like around him.
The owner, and the head coach, are pretty key components to a situation, no?

Look at the Clippers. They've had plenty of talent. Didn't matter.

Rabscuttle
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
A less narcissistic owner/manager would at some point ask himself what he is doing wrong that nobody is happy working for him. Brown won't consider that he is the problem and not the dozens of disgruntled employees that just go through the motions until they leave or retire. He doesn't have to care either. He leeches off the work his partners in the NFL put in, suckered the stooges of Cincinnati and all with the qualifications of being the sperm that made it.

Pat Sims 90
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
What?
That's the definition of a bad "situation" regardless of what the young receivers are like around him.
The owner, and the head coach, are pretty key components to a situation, no?

Look at the Clippers. They've had plenty of talent. Didn't matter.

They have managed to make the playoffs with Mike Brown and both Marvin Lewis. Yea it is a bad situation but not pathetic as people are trying to make it out to be.

Clippers are complete different situation.

bucfan12
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
They have managed to make the playoffs with Mike Brown and both Marvin Lewis. Yea it is a bad situation but not pathetic as people are trying to make it out to be.

Yeah, only twice in the past what 9 years? They've either been decent or terrible. The dumbest thing they did was resign Marvin Lewis to a new deal.

No wonder why Chad and Carson don't want to be there. Brown granted Chad his wish, yet is being a douche on moving Palmer.

Ness
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Right, but how many times has Brown made the playoffs in the last twenty years? I'm guessing twice.

PackerLegend
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Trade him and get what you can... Why do what your doing and get nothing. The Bengals are kind of turning a page. They already got rid of Chad now get rid of Carson and start focusing on the guy you drafted in Dalton. Its just stupid what they are doing.

Brown Leader
08-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Truth is, they're both being stubborn. Why won't Carson really play for the Bengals? Because of a difficult season? thats bs. Div champs the year before and now they have young weapons on offense all over the place. That's his team. He vouched for TO last year. There's clearly more to it than a losing season, and likewise from Brown's viewpoint or he'd have been traded already...well ..or maby. The whole thing seems strangely personal-Carson was like **** you and Brown was like **** you back.

Can't help but wonder if Carson's elbow injury and treatment/recovery has anything to do with this. It's like the coaches compensated for it in 09 but threw him under the bus after last year. One way to look at what's happened is win/win for Palmer. Either he got his wish to go play elsewhere or he gets to rest up his elbow for a year. Whole thing is bizarre because we've not heard the whole story. I'd love to hear DC's Carson enthusiast, the Pudge's take on why he wants out.

hockey619
08-09-2011, 07:08 AM
I'd love to hear DC's Carson enthusiast, the Pudge's take on why he wants out.

ive been wondering this myself: where is the pudge?

StripedWalrus
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I would imagine if Carson went about this differently he would have gotten his trade request...If he just went up and said "Hey guys I would like a trade please...I just don't think Cincinnati is right for me anymore." He may have gotten his trade. However he went in giving an ultimatum. When someone comes to you with an ultimatum what do you do? Do you let them get their way and walk all over you so that others can do the same thing later? Or do you stand up for yourself? Carson is done now. If he retires he just doesnt sit out one year. He has to at least sit out the remainder of his contract doesnt he? Then he can unretire? Thats 4-5 years from now, and thats the end of it for him.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 03:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6866409/rick-reilly-bengals

This article is full of great quotes

But Brown is a hypocrite. He has cut hundreds of players before their contract was up and given them nothing. Why should Palmer live up to a deal that works only one way? If Palmer should suddenly go blind, would Brown still give him the money? Are you kidding? Brown is cheaper than your local Goodwill.

Seattle, for instance, is going to start Tarvaris Jackson, a man who will not take you to the promised land. Tarvaris Jackson will not even get you out of Egypt.

Brown is the kind of guy who sledgehammers his own lawnmower just so you can't borrow it.

He's worked alongside fools and pretenders, and all under an owner who could make the '72 Dolphins mediocre

if he gave into Palmer now, he might open Pandora's box. He'd have a line down the hall and all the way to Starbucks of guys who want out.

What I don't get is why the taxpayers of Cincinnati aren't boycotting. Mike Brown promised if they built him a stadium, he'd win. They built it. Brown has gone 72-103-1 since. The mayor should sue.

At the very least, I'd be trying to force Brown to move to L.A. and start over someday with a new franchise. L.A. wouldn't mind. Those fans tolerate the Clippers!

Unfortunately, Palmer is stuck with the only boss in the league who can make you yearn for Al Davis.

If I'm Palmer, I watch the signing wires like a hawk. As soon as the Bengals climb to within $11.5 million of the hard salary cap, I beeline it to Cincinnati and sign. That would force Brown to either cut five or six players to be able to pay me -- or sign my freedom papers.

^^^ This last one is genius.

Raiderz4Life
08-16-2011, 03:47 PM
I loved the Tarvaris/Egypt quote lmao

J-Mike88
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Great stuff Najej, +rep for that!

I feel bad for Palmer.
Anyone who has ever had a job where they hated their boss and/or owner.... you were free to quit at least and take another job similar or different.

Palmer is like hostage because of that bast*rd.
I love the city of Cinci, and those people are good people.

I wish they would boycott big time.
They could have had a great pick for Palmer.

ryno626
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6866409/rick-reilly-bengals

This article is full of great quotes

If I'm Palmer, I watch the signing wires like a hawk. As soon as the Bengals climb to within $11.5 million of the hard salary cap, I beeline it to Cincinnati and sign. That would force Brown to either cut five or six players to be able to pay me -- or sign my freedom papers.

^^^ This last one is genius.

Sign what? Isn't he currently under contract?

Nalej
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
He is under contract. But since he's not playing, he's not getting paid, so his contract isn't figured into the teams salary.
But as soon as he showed up to camp, his contract would take effect and would bump up their team salary number... potentially over the Salary cap if they're not careful

niel89
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Sign what? Isn't he currently under contract?

I believe he is on an exempt list so his salary doesn't count towards the cap.

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
He is under contract. But since he's not playing, he's not getting paid, so his contract isn't figured into the teams salary.
But as soon as he showed up to camp, his contract would take effect and would bump up their team salary number... potentially over the Salary cap if they're not careful

They are 27.5 million under the salary camp. The Bengals won't be near 11.5 million till 2013 when it is required to be at least 90% of salary cap. If he shows up he is getting thrown into the starting lineup.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Ah, didn't know that. That sucks for Carson.

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Ah, didn't know that. That sucks for Carson.

If he was not being a crybaby and did not give Brown a ultramarine he would have more then likely been traded. That is how Chad eventually got out of here. Chad keep his month shut for a season and he finally got his wish.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Hasn't Chad wanted out of Cincy for a while now? Not just last year?

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Hasn't Chad wanted out of Cincy for a while now? Not just last year?

Yea but last year he finally shut his month and did his job that is why he got out.

RCAChainGang
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Yea but last year he finally shut his month and did his job that is why he got out.

Sounds like timeout

Monomach
08-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Cash-him in for a good pick (probably 1st rounder) with Miami or Oakland or Washington

This is what we call "crazy talk." He's 31, he hasn't had a truly good season in five years, and he makes a huge pile of money over FOUR MORE YEARS.

If I'm Mike Brown, I call him and tell him that he's got three choices:

a) come to work and throw some footballs. After all, he's still my best chance to win games and fill seats.
b) don't come to work, giving me an excuse to not pay his ridiculous contract.
c) shop himself for a fourth rounder. Of course, he's going to have to renegotiate his contract in order to get me that much.

Oh, and I want to know why people aren't calling Palmer a ***** or a crybaby. This is way worse than what Cutler did.

Raiderz4Life
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Cuz Palmer put up with his **** hole a lot longer than Cutler??

descendency
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
If I'm Palmer, I come in and throw every snap I'm given at the goal posts trying to hit the flags at the top. If it's a run play, I take a knee.

Then I can sit on the bench and make 11.5 million for nothing. Bengals fans may hate me, but will I really care when I'm playing for someone else in a few weeks/days? Nope. And if it doesn't work, I'll just retire again.

Rosebud
08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Great stuff Najej, +rep for that!

I feel bad for Palmer.
Anyone who has ever had a job where they hated their boss and/or owner.... you were free to quit at least and take another job similar or different.

Palmer is like hostage because of that bast*rd.
I love the city of Cinci, and those people are good people.

I wish they would boycott big time.
They could have had a great pick for Palmer.

I'll be a hostage for 50 mil over 4 years.

Monomach
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Cuz Palmer put up with his **** hole a lot longer than Cutler??

No one tried to trade Palmer off after a pro-bowl season. In fact, they gave him way more money than he's worth.

No kidding. For that contract, I'd play like crap until I got benched and study game film of Charlie Whitehurst. Gotta get my clipboard technique down.

Brown Leader
08-16-2011, 06:06 PM

exactly

Did his job? Really? that's why he's out huh?

Rabscuttle
08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Time to show up for camp and just catch whatever disease Crabtree has.

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
If I'm Palmer, I come in and throw every snap I'm given at the goal posts trying to hit the flags at the top. If it's a run play, I take a knee.

Then I can sit on the bench and make 11.5 million for nothing. Bengals fans may hate me, but will I really care when I'm playing for someone else in a few weeks/days? Nope. And if it doesn't work, I'll just retire again.

Yea cause teams are going to want after u do that. What if where u end up your not happy are u going to pull the same ****.

Rosebud
08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
No one tried to trade Palmer off after a pro-bowl season. In fact, they gave him way more money than he's worth.

No kidding. For that contract, I'd play like crap until I got benched and study game film of Charlie Whitehurst. Gotta get my clipboard technique down.

I've always felt that the best job in sports is a 3rd string QB for an NFL team, get paid well and you aren't even allowed into the game unless the two guys ahead of you both get injured. Plus you get to hang out with real professional athletes and play football against them all week in practice.

Rabscuttle
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Yea cause teams are going to want after u do that. What if where u end up your not happy are u going to pull the same ****.

Do you think any other owner believes he creates the work environment that Brown does? It's been all bs between him and his players forever. Is there another team that even compares to the Bengals in terms of labour strife? Remember, we are talking about the team that had to institute a "don't say bad things about the jagoff owner" clause in its contracts.

There are 29 owners waiting for this asshole to die.

niel89
08-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Honestly Carson could be doing a lot more unclassy things. He could just come in and fake it and go through the motion, or just get an "injury." Palmer was really straight forward with his words and actions. Bengals should have just cut their losses.

Raiderz4Life
08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
There are 29 owners waiting for this asshole to die.

Am I safe to assume Al and Jerry are the 2 you left out? lol

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Just trade him already. Get at least a draft pick. Better than nothing.

Rabscuttle
08-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Am I safe to assume Al and Jerry are the 2 you left out? lol

Ralph and Al.

Jerry may be batshit crazy, but he is interested in growing the league to make more money. Brown and Wilson throw pennies around like they are manhole covers. Al just seems to live in his own little world, I'm not sure he even got around to voting on the last agreement.

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't know why people are feeling bad for Palmer it is as much as his fault as it is Brown. He knew what he was getting into when he signed that big deal. He could have gotten that deal or close to that deal with another team. He still could come back and get another 50 mil. I would work for cheap ass/stubborn owner for what Carson got.

Raiderz4Life
08-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Ralph and Al.

Jerry may be batshit crazy, but he is interested in growing the league to make more money. Brown and Wilson throw pennies around like they are manhole covers. Al just seems to live in his own little world, I'm not sure he even got around to voting on the last agreement.

O right...I forgot bout Ralph. Al isn't cheap, he's just crazy and senile. He thinks we're still in the 70s and 80s haha.

Bengalsrocket
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
O right...I forgot bout Ralph. Al isn't cheap, he's just crazy and senile. He thinks we're still in the 70s and 80s haha.

Brown isn't as cheap lately. He's not breaking the bank or anything, but he did throw some good money at Odom, Bryant (who never played a down for us) and T.O. in recent off seasons.

And he does give the "super star" players on our team good contracts. Both Chad and Carson got great contracts despite our small market.

I still think he's a cheap owner, but he's getting better at spending money when the team needs it.