PDA

View Full Version : #1 Receiver?

DBNYDP
08-08-2011, 12:53 AM
I was on another forum where a debate took place about the #1 receiver in next years draft, and I'm wondering where you guys stand on it. For the most part people argued between Blackmoon and Jefferey.

Personally I think Alshon is clearly better. I feel like he has a major athletic advantage over Blackmoon with his size, and is just better after the catch.

proshoota25
08-08-2011, 01:48 AM
I'd take Alshon. Both are very good players though and will tear it up in college this year.

CashmoneyDrew
08-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Alshon for me.

Giantsfan1080
08-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Alshon for me as well.

Don Vito
08-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I'll take Alshon, he just seems like a sure thing to be an absolute beast in the NFL.

TheFinisher
08-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Alshon's far and away #1 for me, #2 is a toss up between Fuller and Blackmon.

dunagan15
08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Alshon and its not even close.

Razor
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Definitely Blackmon for me, I think his game will translate much better to the pros.

K Train
08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
im partial to blackmon actually

etk
08-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Jeffery has weight issues. He could be the next (Detroit) Mike Williams. Blackmon is the closest thing to Jerry Rice since Jerry Rice imo - route running, ball skills, outworking DBs with stamina and competitiveness. Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison for Blackmon if you're looking present-day.

descendency
08-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I'll take Alshon and Fuller before Blackmon. I'm a bit biased towards fuller because I saw a lot of people that didn't even know who he was when I was telling them about him.

ElectricEye
08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I'll take Alshon without a whole lot of thought. I think Blackmon is going to be a very good receiver at the next level, but maybe not a great one. Jefferey just has a complete set of tools to dominate.

hockey619
08-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Jeffery has weight issues. He could be the next (Detroit) Mike Williams. Blackmon is the closest thing to Jerry Rice since Jerry Rice imo - route running, ball skills, outworking DBs with stamina and competitiveness. Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison for Blackmon if you're looking present-day.

Thats my comparison for him, Jeffery looks a lot like a young BMW. Not fast, good body control, but big to the point that he needs to drop some weight.

i see santonio holmes/crabtree when i watch blackmon. to be fair, i havent seen too much though.

K Train
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats my comparison for him, Jeffery looks a lot like a young BMW. Not fast, good body control, but big to the point that he needs to drop some weight.

i see santonio holmes/crabtree when i watch blackmon. to be fair, i havent seen too much though.

santonio holmes/crabtree? crabtree is an odd comparison. id say more like holmes/jennings

Coombser
08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Blackmon for me - I don't see how some people say Alshon and not even close - it's close and in my mind it's something of a toss-up

rawdawg
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Love this WR class. I'm a huge fan of Justin Blackmon. I hear the Boldin comparison a lot but I feel like he is much more explosive than Anquan ever was. T.O. is an interesting comparison. I don't think Blackmon is going to run a low 4.4, or be the most agile WR of this class, but I think when you get him on an NFL field, he's just going to get open, catch the football, and be physical in the open field ala Owens.

That being said, how can you not like Alshon Jeffery more? I understand the Mike Williams comparisons. He's the closest thing to Jeffery's size that we have seen in the NFL. But Jeffery appears to be faster, with better ball skills, and more work ethic. Not quite Calvin Johnson athletically, but more athletic than Jonathan Baldwin from last year's draft.

Ozzy
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
I like Michael Floyd a lot, but ever since his slight off the field issues and injuries people have not been as high on him. But with a strong senior year I think he could be right up there, could argue he is a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald.

Clearly Jeffery is a stud as well, would like to see more route running out of him, and Jeff Fuller physically is an absolute beast.

A few sleepers as juniors that could surprise a lot of people and rise up.

Rueben Randle LSU (Could be very elite)
Russell Shepard LSU (Time for him to put it all together at LSU)
Denard Robinson Michigan (Be interesting to see what his transition will be like)
TJ Moe Missouri (Love his strength and hands)
Cobi Hamilton Arkansas (Could really breakout this season)
Rodney Smith Florida State (Breakout this year)
Mohamed Sanu Rutgers (Really sound prospect)
Aaron Dobson Marshall (Great small school prospect)
Tavarres King Georgia (Tall and fast)

ChiFan24
08-08-2011, 09:57 PM
BMW comparisons aren't necessarily a bad thing. His attitude problems were pretty specific to him early in his career. Once he got over that, he became a pretty solid receiver. The physical tools were always there, he just let his weight get way out of control. Does anybody actually see that happening with Alshon?

As for the question....it's still up in the air. I really like Blackmon; the first time I saw him, I made him my #3 receiver for the 2011 draft, when people still ranked Baldwin and Floyd ahead of him.

Also, does anyone have info on Joe Adams from Arkansas? Whenever I was watching Mallett, he'd make a play. Kind of reminds me of Mike Wallace. Is he thought of highly by anyone?

ellsy82
08-08-2011, 10:21 PM
im partial to blackmon actually

As am I. Nothing wrong with either player and they're both likely deserving of top 10 consideration. But when all is said and done, when I look at the tape and the level of competition, Blackmon is the choice.

Hurricanes25
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Mohamed Sanu Rutgers (Really sound prospect)

Yup. With the mov back to a pro style offense and hopefully better Qb play, I expect Sanu to have a huge year. He has good size, great hands and good speed. He also said that he'll likely enter the draft after the year. He very well could be a 1st round pick.

bucfan12
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Alshon Jefferson, clearly the number 1 guy. Blackmon might be able to transistion into a #1 in the NFL, but Michael Crabtree hasn't made the transition as well from a spread offense. I don't see Blackmon as a dez bryant, talent wise.

OSUGiants17
08-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Blackmon is a lot like Nicks/Boldin, big physical WR with big hands, great route running and good size. Haven't seen enough of Alshon to put him over J-Black

rawdawg
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Also, does anyone have info on Joe Adams from Arkansas? Whenever I was watching Mallett, he'd make a play. Kind of reminds me of Mike Wallace. Is he thought of highly by anyone?

Joe Adams is another one of my favorites in this draft. I like him better than Ryan Broyles who is considered the top "small" WR in the draft this year. Adams can fly. Will run in the low-to-mid 4.4s. Will contribute as a punt returner. I think he's the best run after catch WR in this draft. Put him in the slot and let him create in the middle of the field. Put him outside and let him run the post or corner. He's not quite Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson fast, but you can do some of the same stuff with him. As a Bears fan, I think he compares similar to Devin Hester....or at least what many Bears fans think Devin Hester could(have) become as a WR in the right scheme. He doesn't have Hester's punt return ability, but he's much more polished as a WR with much better hands.

Iamcanadian
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
I was on another forum where a debate took place about the #1 receiver in next years draft, and I'm wondering where you guys stand on it. For the most part people argued between Blackmoon and Jefferey.

Personally I think Alshon is clearly better. I feel like he has a major athletic advantage over Blackmoon with his size, and is just better after the catch.

Anybody who has Jeffrey as the #1 WR hasn't been a draftnik long enough.
Spurrier has sent many WR's to pro football as #1 and #2 round draft picks and almost everyone of them has flopped as a pro. He simply relies on his offensive system to make WR's look far better than they actually are. Spurrier places his better athletes who could play WR at DB and has produced many fine DB's for pro football but I repeat, his WR's mostly flop or are huge disappointments.
Jeffrey will be very lucky to see round 1 as pro GM's are very aware of his tendency to put inferior athletes at the WR position and often downgrade them 1 round for playing in Spurrier's offensive system.

Saints-Tigers
08-31-2011, 10:08 AM
LMFAO.

Anyone who really believes that might think he is a draftnik, but really has his head up his ass and is using a narrative instead of looking at a player for what he is.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Spurrier has sent many WR's to pro football as #1 and #2 round draft picks and almost everyone of them has flopped as a pro. He simply relies on his offensive system to make WR's look far better than they actually are. Spurrier places his better athletes who could play WR at DB and has produced many fine DB's for pro football but I repeat, his WR's mostly flop or are huge disappointments.
Jeffrey will be very lucky to see round 1 as pro GM's are very aware of his tendency to put inferior athletes at the WR position and often downgrade them 1 round for playing in Spurrier's offensive system.

Name one receiver Spurrier ever had at Florida that could even sniff Alshon's jock in the measurables department. Also, tell us the last highly touted Florida receiver that had QB play as wildly inconsistent as Garcia and still put up huge numbers against elite competition.

And finally, Sindey Rice ring a bell?

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2011, 10:13 AM
I'll take Blackmon.

Alshon is too risky for me considering the risk of him getting that contract and then gaining more weight or getting lazy overall.

Jeffery could be a monster, but so could Blackmon and Blackmon is going to be a starter at the least IMO.

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Iamcanadian Anybody who has Jeffrey as the #1 WR hasn't been a draftnik long enough.
Jeffrey will be very lucky to see round 1 as pro GM's are very aware of his tendency to put inferior athletes at the WR position and often downgrade them 1 round for playing in Spurrier's offensive system.Like someone already said, the Sidney Rice thing, how would you defend that?

Much less guys like Travis Taylor who would have had a solid pro career if he did not have such injury issues, but still he stuck around the league for awhile. Jabar Gaffney is still in the NFL and is posed to have a breakout year, he is not elite athlete but is a proven receiver in the NFL.

Who Jacquez Green and Reidel Anthony are these busts you speak of? Green was moderately productive on Tampa Bay for a number of seasons, and so was Anthony. Sure were picked maybe higher than they should have been but they produced in the NFL. Reche Caldwell is similar to those two, not a star but has some ok years in the league.

Then you got Darrell Jackson who has been wildly successful and had multiple 1,000+ yard seasons, did many expect that out of him?

Bust would be Taylor Jacobs, yeah he did not play up to his potential. Nafis Karim never turned out as good as he should have been, but those are two of the few.

Enough of the Florida receivers, more on South Carolina, Kenny McKinley would have potentially been a fine pro was it not for his tragic and sudden death. Jared Cook has turned out all right in the NFL as well. And wish he would have stayed but Tori Gurley is going to make an NFL roster or practice squad that is for sure.

So to say Steve Spurrier coaches bad receivers, that is just not true at all.

Iamcanadian
08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Name one receiver Spurrier ever had at Florida that could even sniff Alshon's jock in the measurables department. Also, tell us the last highly touted Florida receiver that had QB play as wildly inconsistent as Garcia and still put up huge numbers against elite competition.

And finally, Sindey Rice ring a bell?

Funny, but at the time the pro teams drafted a large # of them in round 1 and round 2 while Spurrier coached at Florida and they all looked sensational in college in Spurrier's offensive system but mostly flopped as pros.
Rice had 1 good season for Minny and fell to round 2 because pro GM's are very suspicious of Spurrier WR's. The same fate awaits Jeffrey, he'll fall to round 2.

JoeJoeBrown
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Blackmon FTW. He's got the tools and the makeup to be a great one. He's a football player that is dedicated to playing. He's not a headcase.

He may not be the tallest, or be the fastest, or the strongest but neither were the best NFL WRs (outside of Randy Moss). Great hands, route running, toughness, and game smarts. He has them all.

Iamcanadian
08-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Like someone already said, the Sidney Rice thing, how would you defend that?

Much less guys like Travis Taylor who would have had a solid pro career if he did not have such injury issues, but still he stuck around the league for awhile. Jabar Gaffney is still in the NFL and is posed to have a breakout year, he is not elite athlete but is a proven receiver in the NFL.

Who Jacquez Green and Reidel Anthony are these busts you speak of? Green was moderately productive on Tampa Bay for a number of seasons, and so was Anthony. Sure were picked maybe higher than they should have been but they produced in the NFL. Reche Caldwell is similar to those two, not a star but has some ok years in the league.

Then you got Darrell Jackson who has been wildly successful and had multiple 1,000+ yard seasons, did many expect that out of him?

Bust would be Taylor Jacobs, yeah he did not play up to his potential. Nafis Karim never turned out as good as he should have been, but those are two of the few.

Enough of the Florida receivers, more on South Carolina, Kenny McKinley would have potentially been a fine pro was it not for his tragic and sudden death. Jared Cook has turned out all right in the NFL as well. And wish he would have stayed but Tori Gurley is going to make an NFL roster or practice squad that is for sure.

So to say Steve Spurrier coaches bad receivers, that is just not true at all.

Most of these guys were very high draft picks and were huge disappointments as pros. Jackson was the only one who did much of anything.
If you added up the total stats of all Spurrier's WR's drafted high by the pros, you wouldn't have HOF #'s.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Alshon then Blackmon, but it's a whole lot closer than you people are saying. Blackmon is very similar to Crabtree. He specializes after the catch and can make some amazing acrobatic grabs even if the ball's thrown way high or way behind him. Perfect for a west coast system. He's built like a runningback, and plays like one after the catch.

Jeffery is huge and is gonna be one of the top red zone threats in the NFL during his career, though he kinda reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson who didn't live up to his massive hype despite being a pretty good receiver.

I really love Michael Floyd too, he'll be a #1 receiver in the NFL if he can stay healthier than he has been in college.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 11:13 AM

well this was the case for a lot of guys, but not for Sidney Rice and certainly not for Jeffery. Jeffery was an elite recruit and has shown the skills that pros love in a receiver.

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Iamcanadian Most of these guys were very high draft picks and were huge disappointments as pros. Jackson was the only one who did much of anything.
If you added up the total stats of all Spurrier's WR's drafted high by the pros, you wouldn't have HOF #'s.
Ok so same thing for Bobby Bowden, since 1998 for his Florida State wide receivers? Only one that was really good was Coles, the rest one could argue were busts as well, and also one could argue Florida's receivers were more productive than most of these players in the NFL, some of who did close to nothing in the league. Much less the fact I did not include receivers that were hyped on Florida State that did not even get drafted.

Laveranues Coles
Marvin Minus
Peter Warrick
Ron Dugans
Craphonso Thorpe
PK Sam
Javon Walker
Talman Gardner
Chris Davis
Willie Reid
Atrews Bell

People that say Spurrier produces bad pro receivers just personally do not like Steve Spurrier more often than not, and use that as supposed evidence of how bad they think he is. Someone rips on a Mike Leach Texas Tech quarterback, go for it, but Florida had offensive weapons that are still productive members in the NFL and he still has players coming out of South Carolina that are good pros on offense as well.

RaiderNation
08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Alshon has more potential, but Id say Blackmon is more of a sure thing in my eyes. I do believe Alshon should most likely turn into a beast in the NFL. Both are sure fire top 15 picks unless they have a major injury this season.

Iamcanadian
08-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Ok so same thing for Bobby Bowden, since 1998 for his Florida State wide receivers? Only one that was really good was Coles, the rest one could argue were busts as well, and also one could argue Florida's receivers were more productive than most of these players in the NFL, some of who did close to nothing in the league. Much less the fact I did not include receivers that were hyped on Florida State that did not even get drafted.

Laveranues Coles
Marvin Minus
Peter Warrick
Ron Dugans
Craphonso Thorpe
PK Sam
Javon Walker
Talman Gardner
Chris Davis
Willie Reid
Atrews Bell

People that say Spurrier produces bad pro receivers just personally do not like Steve Spurrier more often than not, and use that as supposed evidence of how bad they think he is. Someone rips on a Mike Leach Texas Tech quarterback, go for it, but Florida had offensive weapons that are still productive members in the NFL and he still has players coming out of South Carolina that are good pros on offense as well.

Most of Florida St's WR weren't 1st and 2nd rounders but Spurrier's WR's were.
I have no dislike for Spurrier and he does produce a lot of pros at numerous positions both at Florida and South Carolina, however WR isn't one of his strong points when it comes to pro success.

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Iamcanadian Most of Florida St's WR weren't 1st and 2nd rounders but Spurrier's WR's were.
I have no dislike for Spurrier and he does produce a lot of pros at numerous positions both at Florida and South Carolina, however WR isn't one of his strong points when it comes to pro success.
Actually no, of the receivers I brought up two FSU guys were 1st round picks. And two Florida guys were 1st round picks.

Peter Warrick 1st Round
Javon Walker 1st Round

Reidel Anthony 1st Round
Travis Taylor 1st Round

Like you said more were 2nd round picks out of Florida, but again the Florida receivers were far more successful as a group than some of those Florida State receivers. So if one calls a player drafted that does nothing in the NFL a bust, Spurrier guys are not so bad compared to the production some of those FSU receivers had. And I think one could find similar things going through many different college receiver cores over time.

But whatever, Jeffery I doubt will drop in the draft, anything can happen but he will not fall out of round 1 unless he really tanks it this year. Because his production is because of his ability not because of coach Spurrier.

M.O.T.H.
08-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Jeffery is far from a typical "Spurrier receiver".

There is no chance in hell that he falls out of the 1st round. A big fall for him, would be like falling out of the top 15. The hate is unwarranted. He's a top 10 talent for this upcoming draft at worst.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 12:28 PM
1a. Alshon Jeffery
1aa. Justin Blackmon
3. Michael Floyd
4. Jeff Fuller
5. Ryan Broyles

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Funny, but at the time the pro teams drafted a large # of them in round 1 and round 2 while Spurrier coached at Florida and they all looked sensational in college in Spurrier's offensive system but mostly flopped as pros.
Rice had 1 good season for Minny and fell to round 2 because pro GM's are very suspicious of Spurrier WR's. The same fate awaits Jeffrey, he'll fall to round 2.

Way to avoid my first two questions.

Rice having one good season in the pros is not an indication of his talent. He's only 24 for gosh sakes. He also came out of college as a sophomore.

His one good season out of four is a combination of youth/inexperience/injury and horrid QB play besides Favre's one good season as a Viking, not because he played for Spurrier in college.

JRTPlaya21
08-31-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm going Blackmon just because I like him more.

fenikz
09-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Alshon most definitely. #2 is far closer imo Floyd, Fuller & Blackmon

Saints-Tigers
09-01-2011, 04:36 AM
I was about to say the same. I'd take Floyd over Blackmon before I took Blackmon over Alshon.

Not a knock though, I really really like Floyd.

Good guess on Alshon's height/weight? Is he closer to 6'4 or 6'2?

Woody56
09-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Prefer Blackmon. Like Alshon, but I see a rough after the season/before the draft period coming for him. He has an unimpressive physique, will run a slow 40 and the Spurrier debate will come up (though I don't believe it will affect him).

murdamal86
09-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Just now saw this thread and i'll go w/Blackmon without even thinking about it in all honesty

JHL6719
09-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Prefer Blackmon. Like Alshon, but I see a rough after the season/before the draft period coming for him. He has an unimpressive physique, will run a slow 40 and the Spurrier debate will come up (though I don't believe it will affect him).

Pretty much this right here....

I think Alshon is a fabulous talent, but there's something about him that just twitches at my doubt trigger. You just touched on the first thing, his physique doesn't pass the eye-ball test. He's sloppily put together. No muscle tone, and carries excess fat. Everywhere.

He doesn't look like a guy who's dedicated at ALL to the weight room.

Also, sometimes I notice him sucking wind and I wonder about his stamina and fitness.

What I love about him is the fact that he's a hands catcher, and makes it look easy. He's an effortless talent. But I think that's what always tends to get these guys like that in trouble at the next level. You can't skate in the NFL.

Sometimes he looks slower than other times, but he never really looks fast to me. I think his 40 is going to disappoint some folks.

He's a good route runner with elite body control and hand eye coordination... and I do mean ELITE on both of those.

I don't know, I just can't pinpoint Alshon for some reason and it drives me crazy. I want to love him, but there's just something about him I've never been completely sold on.

He makes it look TOO easy sometimes I guess is what I'm trying to say. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

With Blackmon, I see a guy who looks chiseled, dedicated, and just exudes endurance... among other things. He looks like a guy who works at his craft, and "goes and gets it", as opposed to Alshon, who to me looks like he "lets it come to him".

Blackmon looks like he's 'working' on the field, Alshon looks like he's playing a game.

Flyboy
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Blackmon is a lot like Nicks/Boldin, big physical WR with big hands, great route running and good size. Haven't seen enough of Alshon to put him over J-Black

Same here for me. I love Blackmon's game.

Leon Sandcastle
09-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Alshon top 3 pick.

Blackmon top 10 pick.

D-Unit
09-14-2011, 02:19 PM

I don't know about this other forum... but "Blackmoon"??? Really???

Get outta there FAST my friend!

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I said it before the season and I'll say it again. Ashlon and Blackmon are interchangeable. Even Floyd is looking a lot better this year.

rawdawg
09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I was wondering what you guys thought of the 2nd tier WRs.

I think most people have (in some order): Jeffrey, Blackmon, Floyd and Fuller as the top 4. But what about 5-10? I'm having a tough time differentiating between the next set of bigger WRs like Greg Childs, Mohamed Sanu, and Nick Toon.

Size isn't a big issue as all are about 6'2 - 6'3" and 215-220lbs. None of them seem to be a clear step ahead speed wise. What is the consensus (if there is one) on each of their strengths that may set them apart from the others.

Giantsfan1080
09-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Sanu will be in that upper tier by the time the draft rolls around just like Britt.

keylime_5
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd in the first round.

Fuller and Broyles after that, maybe late first/early second at this point, though it is very early. I like Posey in the 2nd/3rd. Sanu and Childs also in that mix. Denard Robinson could be a Randle El type prospect, he certainly will be drafted as a receiver and he certainly will go in the first 3 rounds, likely round 2.

ellsy82
09-15-2011, 02:34 AM
McNutt deserves first round recognition...but will never get it.

GaMeTiMe
09-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I guess I'm alone here, but I like Floyd as a pro more than both Jeffery and Blackmon. The off the field stuff is slightly concerning and will probably cause him to be drafted after both of them, but I have a lot less doubt about his on field ability. I'd then take Blackmon, then Jeffery, when talking about likely NFL success. I do understand that Jeffery has the highest ceiling and therefore should be the first WR off the board.

tjsunstein
09-16-2011, 07:06 AM
McNutt deserves first round recognition...but will never get it.
But why wouldn't he get it if he deserves it?

nepg
09-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Right now, it's gotta be Floyd.

princefielder28
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
For me I have three tiers of receivers battling for draft positioning

Tier 1

Alshon Jeffery
Justin Blackmon

Tier 2

Jeff Fuller (expect him to be up there in tier one once A&M plays more games and he plays big against higher competition)
Michael Floyd

Tier 3

Ryan Broyles
TY Hilton
Dwight Jones
Nick Toon

keylime_5
09-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I guess I'm alone here, but I like Floyd as a pro more than both Jeffery and Blackmon. The off the field stuff is slightly concerning and will probably cause him to be drafted after both of them, but I have a lot less doubt about his on field ability. I'd then take Blackmon, then Jeffery, when talking about likely NFL success. I do understand that Jeffery has the highest ceiling and therefore should be the first WR off the board.

the off-field issues don't even bother me that much. It's been that he's been stockpiling injuries and not seeing the field as much. Combine that with his little off-field concerns and he's probably gonna go lower than Alshon and Blackmon. After their freshman and even sophomore years though I think most lumped Floyd in there with AJ Green and Julio Jones as a prospect. If he came out for the 2010 draft he probably would've been a late 1st rounder, he's doing well to elevate his stock to top 15 status now.

AntoinCD
09-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Floyd has so much Larry Fitzgerald about his game it's not even funny. But I would worry about him holding up on a consistent basis to the beatings he will take at the next level. Plus, he's no good if he gets suspended for off the field concerns.

I would take both Jeffrey and Blackmon over him at this point but it is the type of decision that could come back to haunt you.

Rabscuttle
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM

Laveranues Coles
Marvin Minus
Peter Warrick
Ron Dugans
Craphonso Thorpe
PK Sam
Javon Walker
Talman Gardner
Chris Davis
Willie Reid
Atrews Bell

Any particular reason you left Q off the list?

Complex
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Javon walker was just a productive as any florida/Steve Spurrier WR.

BRAVEHEART
09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I might be a USC fan, but Floyd>them all.

Watch Alshon measure in at 6'2" 1/2, weight 225 +, and run a 4.7 40 at the combine. We got people on here saying he's a top 3 or top 10 pick, gtfohwtbs!.

Poor man's BMW. Not as big, fast, or productive. Top 10 pick...let's let him catch 10 td's in a season first.

Giantsfan1080
09-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Nicks had bad combine measurables also so it goes both ways.

tjsunstein
09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Game Film > All Else.
And Alshon's not lacking the game film.

AntoinCD
09-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Game Film > All Else.
And Alshon's not lacking the game film.

As how we think they'll turn out in the pros or where we think they will be drafted? Because DHB has a helluva story to tell.

Personally I think Alshon is a beast. I know there will be knocks on him like his speed, overall commitment etc but I still have him as the top WR this year.

Complex
09-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I might be a USC fan, but Floyd>them all.

Watch Alshon measure in at 6'2" 1/2, weight 225 +, and run a 4.7 40 at the combine. We got people on here saying he's a top 3 or top 10 pick, gtfohwtbs!.

Poor man's BMW. Not as big, fast, or productive. Top 10 pick...let's let him catch 10 td's in a season first.

I think you have it the other way around Floyd is the next BMW.

VAfy-ya
09-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Pretty much this right here....

I think Alshon is a fabulous talent, but there's something about him that just twitches at my doubt trigger. You just touched on the first thing, his physique doesn't pass the eye-ball test. He's sloppily put together. No muscle tone, and carries excess fat. Everywhere.

He doesn't look like a guy who's dedicated at ALL to the weight room.

Also, sometimes I notice him sucking wind and I wonder about his stamina and fitness.

What I love about him is the fact that he's a hands catcher, and makes it look easy. He's an effortless talent. But I think that's what always tends to get these guys like that in trouble at the next level. You can't skate in the NFL.

Sometimes he looks slower than other times, but he never really looks fast to me. I think his 40 is going to disappoint some folks.

He's a good route runner with elite body control and hand eye coordination... and I do mean ELITE on both of those.

I don't know, I just can't pinpoint Alshon for some reason and it drives me crazy. I want to love him, but there's just something about him I've never been completely sold on.

He makes it look TOO easy sometimes I guess is what I'm trying to say. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

With Blackmon, I see a guy who looks chiseled, dedicated, and just exudes endurance... among other things. He looks like a guy who works at his craft, and "goes and gets it", as opposed to Alshon, who to me looks like he "lets it come to him".

Blackmon looks like he's 'working' on the field, Alshon looks like he's playing a game.

+1

Its like you were reading my mind....

keylime_5
09-16-2011, 10:21 PM
the only thing i have against alshon compared to the other elites is that he doesn't have the quickness and relies way too much on the jump ball in spurrier's offense. He is really big and strong though and will be a player at the next level. I think there is some potential that he can only be a Keyshawn Johnson possession receiver type instead of a Brandon Marshall or Roddy White big play, elite guy. If I am running a WCO I would kill to get Blackmon on my team.