PDA

View Full Version : Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

CJSchneider
08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Travis Lewis could miss eight weeks with a broken foot. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-oklahoma-lewisinjured)

How far do we see him slide?

bigbluedefense
08-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Shouldn't effect his stock as long as he recovers. Guys who have missed entire seasons have seen their stock fall slightly as long as they shown athleticism at the combine/pro day.

He'll still be a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick.

tjsunstein
08-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Depends how he recovers, really. Could sneak into the late half of the first or into the third or fourth.

FUNBUNCHER
08-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Man, I heard Travis ran a 4.3!! If he recovers most of his speed and plays at least part of the season and works out well, he's still a top 50 pick.

Before the injury, IMO he was top 25.

Where these guys are drafted hardly matters much anymore with the new CBA and so little guaranteed money given to any rookie.

jth1331
08-10-2011, 09:45 AM
He'll be back by the FSU game, book it.

cmarq83
08-10-2011, 09:50 PM
He'll be back by the FSU game, book it.

I think coming back in 5 weeks is pushing it a little bit. The last thing he wants to do is re-injure it in the season. I do think we may see a bit of a slide with Lewis. He was already a slightly lesser prospect than Kuechly, Te'o, and Burflict, but now with the injury he could slide a bit further. I can't see too many teams picking LB's that high, and he might need to wait until the mid-second to get selected. He was already in that second tier with Donta Hightower to me.

bucfan12
08-10-2011, 10:38 PM
He'll be back by the Texas Game. Oklahoma may not have the best defense, but he's there best player. Reports are that the back up is solid. Not better than Lewis, but should fill in nicely.

bucfan12
08-10-2011, 10:39 PM
As his draft stock, he's a late 1st-mid 2nd rounder as of now. Could move up, but usually, 4-3 WLB prospects aren't taken very high in the draft anymore unless they are a 'can't miss' prospect.

CashmoneyDrew
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I've always seen him as one of those guys that is highly thought of but ends up falling a lot further on draft day than expected. I don't think this will help.

ElectricEye
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I've always seen him as one of those guys that is highly thought of but ends up falling a lot further on draft day than expected. I don't think this will help.

That's the camp I'm in as well. This linebacker class is absolutely loaded and I'm not sure how he stacked up with the top guys pre-injury anyway.

Babylon
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
That's the camp I'm in as well. This linebacker class is absolutely loaded and I'm not sure how he stacked up with the top guys pre-injury anyway.

Make it 3 then because i have always thought of him as too small to be effective at the next level. Could always pull a Roy Williams and play safety but doubt he goes in the first round.

jth1331
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I've always thought he'd be a mid 1st rounder if he tears it up in the season, more likely a late 1st.
Honestly I think people are overreacting to this injury. The FSU game is 5+ weeks away, I honestly feel given today's athletes and recovery time, he has a good shot at coming back then.
Even then, I would count it him being back for the Missouri game. Still 8-9 games, plus a bowl game of tape for him.
I think he has a shot at becoming a solid OLB in the NFL, but he just never will be elite IMO.