PDA

View Full Version : 2010 draft class impact

49ersfan_87
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
The 2010 draft 1.5 years old, and the rookies make the big leap to 2nd year players. What roles will the players from your teams 2010 class play in the 2011 season?

Anthony Davis- Starter at RT. Has been reported that he's been having a relatively solid camp and looks in better shape than last year.

Mike Iupati- Starter at LG. Should take that leap into stud this year.

Taylor Mays- Will be cut/traded. Apparently the only one who wanted him was Singletary, which is why they're so quick to give up on him. Sucks to give up on a 2nd rounder so early, but whatever.

Navarro Bowman- Competing for starting ILB job with Larry Grant. This was Takeo Spikes job, now up for grabs. He's fast and athletic but looked lost at times last year. Lets see how he does.

Anthony Dixon- #2 or #3 HB

Nate Byham- Tore his ACL

Kyle Williams- Fighting for a roster spot. If he makes it, his ceiling is slot WR/KR/PR.

Phillip Adams- Backup CB. Also can return punts. Coming off of a gruesome leg injury so might take him a while to catch up.

Iupati will probably become the best player of this class. Mays is the biggest dissapointment, because its already apparent that drafting him was a mistake.

phlysac
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Navarro Bowman- Competing for starting ILB job with Larry Grant. This was Takeo Spikes job, now up for grabs. He's fast and athletic but looked lost at times last year. Lets see how he does.
Barring something unexpected Bowman will be the starter. Fangio has been raving about him. He's going to utilize a blitz heavy middle between Willis and Bowman and Fangio said that Bowman was tremendous at it, while Willias had work to do lol.

BloodBrother
08-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Bryan Bulaga - Took over at RT after about 4-5 games and started since. Has had a good camp so far. I expect him to only get better

Mike Neal - Fully recovered from shoulder surgery and is expected to be starting RDE. In limited playing time last year he was a force. Just needs to stay healthy and I think this guy is a stud

Morgan Burnett - Starter at SS. Another guy who showed impressive skill last year before going down with a season ending injury. Coaches continue to rave about him and he gives the Pack another ballhawk in the secondary. Needs to do better vs the run. He looked timid last year and seemed to shy away from getting involved in the play.

Andrew Quarless - Listed as #2 TE right now. Has good athleticism, but wasn't very impressive last season. With the addition of D.J. Williams and Ryan Taylor, he isn't a lock to make the roster due to the sheer number of quality options here

Marshall Newhouse - back-up to Chad Clifton at LT. Has had a tremendous camp so far. Has probably seen the most growth/improvement of anybody so far in camp. Shows great footwork and has been winning his 1 on 1's constantly. Very excited to see him in action during the preseason

JAmes Starks - #2 RB, probably will split carries with Grant. He has looked better than Grant so far in camp as well

C.J. Wilson - Improved drastically as the season went on last year when he filled in for guys who were [/redacted]. Is currently listed as the #2 LDE behind Pickett. Hasn't stood out in camp and doesn't have much pass rushing ability. Not a bad player to have for depth, just doesn't stand out and won't ever be much more than a quality back-up/rotational guy

V.I.P
08-10-2011, 04:47 PM
LeGarrette Blount - no comment, so Vidae won't attack me .. But i will say this, he will have a better season the last season :)

Mike Williams - #1 WR on depth chart since OTAs his rookie season. According to our OC Greg Olson, we'll move Mike around at all three WR positions (Z, X, and Y) this season. He's really been tearing it up in TC also, expect big things this season.

Gerald McCoy - Starting undertackle. Showed alot of flashes before tearing his bicep. Hopefully we stop running the silly 3-4 sets this season, so McCoy can really play up to his potential.

Arrelious Benn - #2 WR still recovering from his ACL scare. Made a few big plays for us last season. Morris said Benn will be very limited in the pre-season. Solid number two guy though.

Brian Price - Listed as the #2 nosetackle. He was put on IR early last season, because he ****** up his pelvis. He brought a nice push from the middle on almost every down he played. I expect him to be heavily invloved in the rotation.

Myron Lewis - Currently in a battle for the nickleback spot behind Talib, and Barber. Looked solid when he played last season.

Cody Grimm - Starter at FS, because Tanard Jackson is a pothead. Grimm actually looked like a great tackler. When Tanard gets back i hope we move Grimm over to SS.

Erik Lorig - starter at FB. defensive end turnt fullback. nothing special though, looks average.

Larry Asante - Back-up safety. Had a pick our last game vs NO. solid depth guy in my opinion.

keylime_5
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Joe Haden - went to the pro bowl as a rookie.

TJ Ward - great player, future pro bowler most likely.

Montario Hardesty - missed all of last year with an ACL tear. Hopeful that he can spell Peyton Hillis as the #2 RB this year

Shawn Lauvao - strong rookie training camp, but then he got a nagging injury that caused him to missed most of last year. Started one game (against JAC) and looked lousy, but wasn't healthy. Is healthy now and is drawing rave reviews in training camp. He is our starting RG. Is athletic enough to play RT even though he is only 6-3/315.

Colt McCoy - expected to be the 3rd QB last year who wouldn't play, but ended up starting due to injuries and looked very good for a rookie QB. Will start this year in the new West Coast Offense system in a chance to earn franchise QB status.

Larry Asante - didn't make the team last year, I think was picked up by Tampa Bay and is a backup there now.

Carlton Mitchell - big, fast WR who can jump and make big plays with high upside, but he has bad hands. Trying to make the team as the 5th WR this year, battling Jordan Norwood. 50/50 chance he makes the team this year IMO barring injuries.

Clifton Geathers - didn't make the team last year. Bounced around, probably is gonna be out of the league shortly.

If Hardesty can stay healthy and Lavuao looks like he has been looking, and if McCoy becomes the answer at QB, that is one hell of a draft class considering how well Ward and Haden are playing. First five picks look great so far on paper.

Splat
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Eric Berry - Will take over the world.

SuperMcGee
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
1. CJ Spiller - Backup running back. Could probably push for more carries this season but hasn't given much reason to get them over Jackson. Returned kicks last year, but Brad Smith is now on the team.

2. Torell Troup - Backup nose tackle. Sits behind the best player on our team, has been doing okay and will rotate in when needed. Good backup to have.

3. Alex Carrington - Has been getting reps at both DE and OLB in camp. Put on 20 lbs to get over 300 but has still been standing up in some packages. Backup DE who looks promising and should rotate in a deep group that consists of Dareus, Dwan Edwards, and Spencer Johnson.

4. Marcus Easley - Missed all of last season and has barely been in camp for this one. Was touted as a possible #2 before injury last year. Hasn't been on the field since, though. Some still like the idea of his size and game for that role, but he's falling in the race for the #5/6 receiver spot. Seems like there wouldn't be a spot for him, barring Evans being traded.

5. Ed Wang - First backup tackle. Has not shown anything positive, really. Missed last year but seems to have a spot on this team as a utility backup in a tremendously shallow unit.

6a. Arthur Moats - Moving from OLB to ILB this year with the arrival of Merriman and hopes for Batten/Coleman. Looked good as a pass rusher on the outside last year, could serve in a few places in the backer corps but will primarily back up Barnett and Davis inside (so there's a decent chance he'll be on the field)

6b. Danny Batten - Backup OLB. Missed all of last year, seems to be having a good camp. Competing with Antonio Coleman and Aaron Maybin (ha!) to spell Merriman and Kelsay.

7a. Levi Brown - 3rd QB

7b. Kyle Calloway - cut before last season

UDFA

David Nelson - Should be the 4th receiver, repeating a solid role from last year. Good hands and concentration, could lineup outside or inside. Largest of our receivers has a good place on this team, especially with lack of tight end target.

Donald Jones - Fighting for 5/6 WR spot with special teams duties. Same role as last year, if he makes it.

Naaman Roosevelt - Looking to make roster after being on the practice squad last year and playing in the last few games of the season. Has glue hands, receives excellent remarks from everybody but doesn't have the best physical tools. Practice squad at worst, possible 5/6 WR. We're loaded at returner so his special teams ability is probably outweighed by that of Jones.

Antonio Coleman - Could play OLB on passing downs. Showed promise before getting hurt last year and has a good shot at making the team for that role.

Cordaro Howard - Started camp on PUP, has recently joined the team in practice. Similar situation to Wang. Played a decent amount last year, might be a little better than Wang when he's healthy.

holt_bruce81
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Rams:

1. Sam Bradford QB - Starting Quarterback, looks to have the potential to be a really good player in this league. Can't wait to see what he can do under Josh Mcdaniels.

2. Rodger Saffold OT - Started all 16 games at Left Tackle, franchise Left Tackle? we'll see but it looks that way. Reports are he looks more athletic this year than he did last year.

3. Jerome Murphy CB - Saw playing time as the teams nickel corner, 30 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception. Was looking forward to watching him grow as a player this year but he broke his ankle last week and is expected to be out 10-12 weeks.

4. Mardy Gilyard WR - Most likely will be cut. It's tough because I'm a Mardy fan, he just doesn't seem to be able to fix his mental breakdowns, constantly lining up wrong last year and early in camp impressions are he's doing the exact same thing this year.

5. Michael Hoomanawanui TE - Big time playmaker for Sam when he's healthy, has dealt with an Ankle issue it seems like every year even from his college days. Will be the teams #2 Tight End behind Lance Kendricks who from everything I'm hearing has been an absolute monster in camp.

5. Hall Davis DE - Traded to Washington

6. Fendi Onobun TE - Most if not all of Rams nation wants to see if this guy can "get it" and be a player in the NFL. A former college basketball player, Fendi made the 53-man roster last year mostly because the Rams were to scared to place him on the practice squad in fear of another team stealing him. Has insane skills. He'll make it as the teams #3 Tight End, and they'll just list Bajema or someone as the Fullback.

Fendi's pro day.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KcC8FEGSms

7. Eugene Sims DE - Played in 9 games last year as a backup, recorded 8 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 pass break up, 1 safety. Could be cut this year.

7. Marquis Johnson DB - Will be a backup.

7. George Selvie DE - 21 tackles, 1.5 sacks as a backup, will more than likely enjoy the same role this season.

7. Josh Hull MLB - Will make the team as a backup to James Laurinities and be a key member of the special teams unit.

Don Vito
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
McCourty-Beast, was a Pro Bowler as a rookie

Gronkowski-10 TD's as a rookie and has been the talk of camp so far. Could be an elite TE.

Cunningham-Could be a solid starter but nobody really expects much more. Is solid all-around though and has vesatilty.

Spikes-Is a 2 down thumping ILB but is great at what he does, is a tough intimidator in the middle. With Guyton in the fold his inadequacies in the passing game can be hidden a bit but would like to see him become more well rounded

Hernanez-Receiving weapon

Mesko-Greatest punter ever

Deaderick-Nice 3-4 end run stuffer but pretty one dimensional

bucfan12
08-10-2011, 05:16 PM
LeGarrette Blount - no comment, so Vidae won't attack me .. But i will say this, he will have a better season the last season :)

Mike Williams - #1 WR on depth chart since OTAs his rookie season. According to our OC Greg Olson, we'll move Mike around at all three WR positions (Z, X, and Y) this season. He's really been tearing it up in TC also, expect big things this season.

Gerald McCoy - Starting undertackle. Showed alot of flashes before tearing his bicep. Hopefully we stop running the silly 3-4 sets this season, so McCoy can really play up to his potential.

Arrelious Benn - #2 WR still recovering from his ACL scare. Made a few big plays for us last season. Morris said Benn will be very limited in the pre-season. Solid number two guy though.

Brian Price - Listed as the #2 nosetackle. He was put on IR early last season, because he ****** up his pelvis. He brought a nice push from the middle on almost every down he played. I expect him to be heavily invloved in the rotation.

Myron Lewis - Currently in a battle for the nickleback spot behind Talib, and Barber. Looked solid when he played last season.

Cody Grimm - Starter at FS, because Tanard Jackson is a pothead. Grimm actually looked like a great tackler. When Tanard gets back i hope we move Grimm over to SS.

Erik Lorig - starter at FB. defensive end turnt fullback. nothing special though, looks average.

Larry Asante - Back-up safety. Had a pick our last game vs NO. solid depth guy in my opinion.

You forgot Dez Briscoe, who coaches have raved about saying is the best route runner the Bucs have. He's made spectacular catches in Camp and in the last game of the year against NO as well. Catches anything that comes at him, hands like glue.

Honestly, I love Cody Grimm, but I think Assante is going to develop into a better option at SS and might over take him as the starter in 2012 and cut into snaps this year. I've been extremely high on Larry Assante even before the 2010 draft and still am.

bullg8rdaddy
08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Ted Larsen? Al Woods?

V.I.P
08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
aaahh i knew i forgot someone.

Everything the guy above me just said about Dezmon Briscoe multiplied by 2.

Edit: damn it, we had to many rookies last season....

San Diego Chicken
08-10-2011, 06:00 PM
1 (12) RB Ryan Mathews - Runs hard and shows explosiveness, but too many injuries and early fumbling issues tainted his rookie year. Struggled early on in blitz pickup as well. Reviews this offseason have been mixed although the Chargers are relying on him as the early down back.

3 (73) ILB Donald Butler - Tore Achilles in last year's training camp and missed the whole season. Will play extensively this season if healthy. Coaches rave about him, we'll see.

4 (110) S Darrell Stuckey - Another 2010 rookie who spent much of the season injured. Only active for one game. Doesn't look like he'll recieve much PT this year either unless he cracks special teams.

5 (159) NT Cam Thomas - Antonio Garay's backup. Was decent enough in limited time last season.

5 (168) QB Jonathan Crompton - Didn't make the roster and didn't stick on the practice squad either. I think he's somewhere else but IDK where.

7 (235) TE Dedrick Epps - Another guy who didn't survive last year's final cuts.

The keys here are Mathews and Butler - they're being counted on and there is stiff competition at their positions. They need to come through in 2011 for this draft to be considered a success.

DoughBoy
08-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Derrick Morgan- Looked a natural in the few games he played in. Seems to already be pegged as a starter and should be atleast a solid player if he can stay healthy.

Damian Williams- Showed nice hands in limited snaps. Making big plays in practice and should be a contribter this year.

Rennie Curran- makes mistakes in practice, but a good leader and ST player. Needs to pick his game up if he wants to be more.

Alterraun Verner- Came in and started as a rookie. Just a very natural football player.

Robert Johnson- Still a project player, haven't heard much from him in camp.

Rusty Smith- I know a lot of ppl give him crap for being a ginger, but I think he can grow into being a solid back-up.

Myron Rolle- on the practice squad, doesn't do much.

Marc Mariani- Pro-bowler, unstoppable return man... is really coming on as a WR it seems.

David Howard- Nothing more than a PS player.

M.O.T.H.
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
1. Dez Bryant WR - Starting now. Sky is the limit. He's bone headed off the field, but he could be a god on it. His skill set is ridiculous. He has "best in the league", type talent. Should be a breakout star as early as this year, if Romo is kept upright.

2. Sean Lee ILB - Fully healed from his ACL injury that he suffered in 2009. He showed some flashes last year and he should eventually be a very good starter for us. Right now, he's still sitting behind Brooking on the depth chart. Even though, talent wise, Lee is superior. There is a pretty good chance that Lee will be starting by the end of the year or much sooner. Given Brooking's drop off in play and detiorating body. The only thing keeping Brooking on the team is his "leadership abilities".

4. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah S - Last year was a disappointment. He only appeared in 7 games due to injuries. He played corner in college at a lower level, he really needed more time to learn the position in the pros. Pretty much a wasted year. He's healthy this year, working with the second team defense at FS and he's got a chance to be our primary kick returner. I havent heard anything bad about AOA at training camp. He's actually done well, I've heard. But a recent article I read, believes he could be a surprise cut. That would be a surprise indeed. I dont see that at all. I actually like AOA's potential quite a bit. But the guy remains a mystery in the pros right now. I cant wait to see him this preseason.

6. Sam Young OT - Well, the coaches liked what they saw at of him last year. But said he needed to gain strength in his upper body. A year later, they're saying the same thing. Without the help of our trainers, due to the lockout, Sam failed to get any stronger this off-season. And the on field result has been, pretty damn bad for him. He's been a revolving door in camp, getting beat by starters and camp bodies a like. He's been awful. Not a good sign, considering Dallas is counting on him to fill a swing tackle role, or at least be that first T off the bench if an injury were to occur.

7. Jamar Wall CB - Wall was sporadic last preseason. He didnt make the final cut, but was claimed by Houston. Who later cut him, leading to his signing with the Eagles PS. They moved him to S. Cut him once more, and then signed him to a future contract. It doesnt look too good for Wall.

7. Sean Lissemore DE - A projectable pass rushing 34 DE. I'm a fan of his potential...we dont have a whole lot of game footage to go off of yet. But he's having a productive camp. Had two sacks in the Cowboys scrimmage the other day. He can get after the QB. Played in a couple of regular season games a year ago, had three tackles and half a sack. We made a couple of additions at End...but I find it highly unlikely that Lissemore would get cut. He's got some potential for sure and the coaches seem high on him. We're not exceptional strong at DE, so there is always a chance he could be looking at substantial playing time this season.

2010 Undrafted FAs currently on the team.

Bryan Mccann CB - Mccann is currently in a battle for one of our CB positions, but he's got a great shot at it, since he's currently listed as our primary kick returner and punt returner, when Dez isnt back there. He's a bit of a playmaker. He had two TDs a year ago. One on an Eli intereception in the end zone, in which he returned 101 yards, and the other on a broken punt return that went for 97 yards. He's a little guy, but he's incredibly fast and he's improving at the CB position. He's been having a a real solid camp. And could be a legitimate NB option for us.

Phil Costa C/G - Costa is getting tons of work with the first team, since Andre Gurode is currently rehabbing. The coaches really seem to like him. But he isnt the biggest guy out there. That said, he battles hard and has a firm grasp on that backup center position.

Barry Church S - Another coach favorite. He's a solid ST contributer and a good run defender. Not too special in coverage, but he has the support of the coaches. He has a decent amount of potential...it wouldnt shock me if he was starting for us one day. It could have happened this year, had we decided not to sign either Sensabaugh or Elam. He's currently backing up Elam at SS, but he'd probably be the first S off the bench if an injury occurs to either starter.

Danny Mccray S - Not much of a position player right now. He's a S, but he cannot cover at all. What he brings to the table is phenominal gunner ability on ST. He can be one of the best in the league here.

Chris Gronkowski FB - Became our starting FB a year ago and subsequently got Romo killed. But he didnt perform all that bad for the duration of the season. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and can be counted on taking a few hand offs if need be. He's a capable lead blocker. Right now he's in a position battle with rookie draft pick, Shaun Chapas. This one can really go either way yet.

Lonyae Miller HB - Miller has gained 10 pounds of muscle (230 lbs), while maintaining his 4.4 speed. He's been having a big training camp and has taken full advantage of Choice and Murray being out. The coaches have been impressed with his improved elusiveness, quickness, and blocking. He's been working hard. And it may pull off. Many believe his performance may make Tashard Choice expendable. Miller's preseason performance will be enormous for him. But there is a decent chance that Miller ends up our #2 back to start the year and with his bigger body...potentially our goal line/short yardage back as well.

vidae
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
1. Eric Berry - Absolute beast.

2a. Dexter McCluster - Was injured but showed flashes. Unsure what his role will be now.

2b. Javier Arenas - Starting nickle, great on the blitz, solid contributor so far.

3a. Jon Asamoah - Didn't play a lot last year but looked good when he did. Waters was released and Asamoah is in a starting role this year. It's time to see if he's ready.

3b. Tony Moeaki - Had a good rookie campaign, will likely be the starting TE this year. Great hands and can block.

5a. Kendrick Lewis - Starting safety alongside Eric Berry. Good, not great, but will likely be the starter this year again. Solid upside.

5b. Cameron Sheffield - Bad neck injury sidelined him for the entire year but is healthy. Not entirely sure where he fits with the drafting of Justin Houston, but the FO loves him.

bullg8rdaddy
08-10-2011, 07:33 PM
1 (12) RB Ryan Mathews - Runs hard and shows explosiveness, but too many injuries and early fumbling issues tainted his rookie year. Struggled early on in blitz pickup as well. Reviews this offseason have been mixed although the Chargers are relying on him as the early down back.

3 (73) ILB Donald Butler - Tore Achilles in last year's training camp and missed the whole season. Will play extensively this season if healthy. Coaches rave about him, we'll see.

4 (110) S Darrell Stuckey - Another 2010 rookie who spent much of the season injured. Only active for one game. Doesn't look like he'll recieve much PT this year either unless he cracks special teams.

5 (159) NT Cam Thomas - Antonio Garay's backup. Was decent enough in limited time last season.

5 (168) QB Jonathan Crompton - Didn't make the roster and didn't stick on the practice squad either. I think he's somewhere else but IDK where.

7 (235) TE Dedrick Epps - Another guy who didn't survive last year's final cuts.

The keys here are Mathews and Butler - they're being counted on and there is stiff competition at their positions. They need to come through in 2011 for this draft to be considered a success.

Tampa Bay....

Go_Eagles77
08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I just had a whole thing all typed out that took me 45 minutes then lost it and I'm not doing that again, so I'll just type a short summary.

We ended up getting more current starters in the 7th round (Jamar Chaney and Kurt Coleman) than we did in rounds 1-6 combined (just Nate Allen). Brandon Graham is probably gonna start the season on PUP after tearing his acl last year but I expect him to be a good addition to the DE rotation when he gets healthy. Daniel Te'o Nesheim, Keenan Clayton, Mike Kafka, Clay Harbor and Riley Cooper are all backups/potentially solid role players. Charles Scott was traded before the season last year and Ricky Sapp and Jeff Owens were cut this year.

Pat Sims 90
08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
1. TE Jermaine Gresham- Starter from Day 1 broke Bengals Rookie TE repection record. Will be more of a factor in the Bengals new West Coast Offense.

2. DE Carlos Dunlap- Best Passrusher last year with 9.5 sacks. Slated as backup right now and will be brought in on passing downs. More then likely will end up starter by end of the year.

3a. WR Jordan Shipley- Slot WR Let AFC Rookies in Yards. Will contiune to be Slot WR in West Coast Offense.

3b. CB Brandon Ghee- Limited last year because of injury. Will compete for more playing time this year.

4a. DT Geno Atkins- Second Best Passrusher on team. Backup right brought in on passing down. Could end up statering by end of year.

4b. LB Roddrick Muckerlroy- Was Solid when in last year but tore ACL in TC this year. Was slated to be backup Middle LB.

5. OG Otis Hudson- PS player last year. Will make final roster as a backup RG. Is having a very good camp.

6. WR Dezmon Briscoe- Bengals wanted him on PS last year. Tampa Bay signed him and is set to make a impact with Tampa Bay.

7. OC Reggie Stephens- Look solid in Preseason last year. Slated to backup Center again this year.

phlysac
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah S - Last year was a disappointment. He only appeared in 7 games due to injuries. He played corner in college at a lower level, he really needed more time to learn the position in the pros. Pretty much a wasted year. He's healthy this year, working with the second team defense at FS and he's got a chance to be our primary kick returner. I havent heard anything bad about AOA at training camp. He's actually done well, I've heard. But a recent article I read, believes he could be a surprise cut. That would be a surprise indeed. I dont see that at all. I actually like AOA's potential quite a bit. But the guy remains a mystery in the pros right now. I cant wait to see him this preseason.

:(

C'mon Kwasi

AntoinCD
08-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Devin McCourty-opening day starter and after a tough first two weeks really came good. For all the plaudits he gained last year, he really turned up the style in the second half of the season. With better play from the opposite CB position McCourty could be primed for a huge year this year

Rob Gronkowski-took a few weeks to get into the offense last year and was slightly overshadowed by the receiving threat Hernandez early but by halfway through the season he became a legitmate all round threat. Had double digit TDs as a rookie and has been tearing up camp this year. The best story about Gronk is in rookie camp last year he actually broke a blocking shed with his power. Absolute BEAST!!!

Jermaine Cunningham-a good, solid all round player last year. Just unable to turn pressures into sacks. Should be a good player but probably wont ever be a real edge threat.

Brandon Spikes-a real nasty, physical guy inside he was the perfect foil for Mayo at ILB. Learned the defense very quickly and was almost an immediate starter. It will be interesting to see how he fits as a MLB in a 43 when the Pats play in that system but he is ideally suited to the TED role he played last year.

Taylor Price-had somewhat of a redshirt year last year due to coming to camp late because of Ohio U's quarters rule for graduating. He is a guy with a lot of promise and has been probably the second best offensive player in camp this year after Gronkowski. May be buried a bit on the depth chart early but should emerge as a good outside threat for the Pats this year.

Aaron Hernandez-a true mismatch against anyone who covers him. He can out run LBs and has too much size for DBs. Struggled with drops and got hurt at the end of the season but is healthy now and should have a big role to play.

Zoltan Mesko-has brought stability to the punt team. Belichick always stresses the importance of special teams and field position. Mesko should be a future pro bowler.

Ted Larsen-OC propsect who didn't make it passed final cuts last year

Thomas Welch-developmental OT who didn't make it passed final cuts last year

Brandon Deaderick-big, strong guy who came from a Nick Saban defense. Surprised a lot of people last year with his impressive play. Not a great athlete but played well within the system. Was in trouble with the team for missing meetings last year and was suspended. Nice back up but could be in trouble when the cuts come this year.

Kade Weston-was placed on IR last year and has from reports looked very impressive in camp. Will be in a battle with Deaderick, Ron Brace and Gerard Warren for a roster spot this year IMO.

Zac Robinson-was cut last year in favour of Jonathon Crompton was recently also cut.

Overall a pretty impressive crop of guys so far. McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez and Mesko all have legitimate pro bowl shots in the next year or two. Spikes and Cunningham should be long term contributors on defense, Price has potential and there are some intriguing late round guys.

Caddy
08-11-2011, 05:17 AM
How Larsen didn't make your team last year as a back-up is a mystery to me.

Razor
08-11-2011, 07:38 AM
[B]Zac Robinson-was cut last year in favour of Jonathon Crompton was recently also cut.
Well, he was supposed to go on practice squad, but some crappy team got him. After that we signed Crompton iirc...
How Larsen didn't make your team last year as a back-up is a mystery to me.
We had a pretty good group of interior OL last year, even with Mankins out. He didn't show much in camp, but went on PS where the ******* Bucs snatched him.. God damn ************* Raheem Morris. Son of a *****!

Monomach
08-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Major Wright: Wasn't a factor because Danieal Manning had one of the best years in the league at safety. In his limited time, looked exactly like a rookie.

Corey Wootton:
zrLnBWY_ga0

But seriously, wasn't played much. Supposedly looking great in TC.

Joshua Moore: is a nobody.

Dan LeFevour: Tried to stash him on the practice squad. Lost him.

J'Marcus Webb: Was rated as the single worst starting tackle in the NFL last year on the right side. Graded out negatively in pass protection, run blocking, AND penalties. Lucky for him, Mike Tice is irrationally in love with him. Naturally, this has earned him a promotion to the blind side. Nice knowing you, Jay Cutler.

Harvey Unga: Acquired late vis supplemental draft. Stashed on IR with a fake injury.

killxswitch
08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Colts

1 - Jerry Hughes - Didn't play much since he was behind a healthy Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. Did nothing on special teams which was disappointing. Need to see some production this year.

2 - Pat Angerer - Got extensive PT at both MLB and SLB. Played hard but made rookie mistakes. He will probably start at SLB.

3 - Kevin Thomas - Went to IR in camp last year, I doubt Mr. Glass will ever contribute.

4 - Jacques McClendon - Played a bit as a 320 lb. blocking TE last year. Front office likes him, he might start at guard this year.

5 - Brody Eldridge - Blocking TE played some last year but got hurt. He is battling injuries again this time in camp. Blocks well when he's healthy.

7 - Ricardo Mathews - Surprisingly good rookie year in limited snaps. I think he will work his way into the rotation. Supposedly bulked up and may rotate at NT.

7 - Kavell Conner - May start at WLB or SLB. He will make an impact somewhere, he's a solid football player.

7 - Ray Fisher - cut

49ersfan_87
08-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Barring something unexpected Bowman will be the starter. Fangio has been raving about him. He's going to utilize a blitz heavy middle between Willis and Bowman and Fangio said that Bowman was tremendous at it, while Willias had work to do lol.

True, just covering my bases. Apparently Grant has impressed at camp and you never know. But, i still expect Bowman to start.

Talking about Bowman though...

As much as the 49ers valued Spikes, they were ready to go with Bowman next to
Willis on the inside. Bowman came on strong late last season, particularly in a
Week 17 game against Arizona. The 49ers hope he can become a Jon Beason (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10469/jon-beason) type. If that happens, they'll have one of
the best inside linebacker combinations in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/42613/camp-confidential-san-francisco-49ers

Those are some high expectations for Bowman, damn...

Interested to see how he does. The 49ers had the chance to pick him, but traded down with San Diego 12 spots and took Bowman instead.

T-RICH49
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM

/thread(10char)

bucfan12
08-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm a little shocked that Bowman was drafted by a 3-4 team, because he seemed more of a 4-3 WLB type of linebacker. However, he seems to have adjusted and is doing well. One of my favorite prospects to comeo ut of Linebacker U. I hope he does well this year.

49ersfan_87
10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Thought i'd give this a bump. Maybe we can get an update on how the sophmores are doing this year after 4 games.

Anthony Davis- Still sucks. I don't have any numbers but from watching the games it seems like he's given up about 5 sacks and committed about 5 penalties. All this in 4 games...

Mike Iupati- Struggling but is still our best OL (not saying a whole lot though). He had a better rookie year than Davis though and i expect him to bounce back soon.

Taylor Mays- Traded to Cinci for what is strongly rumoured to be a 2013 7th round pick

Navarro Bowman- Stud. Absolute stud.

Anthony Dixon- #3 RB, mostly played ST's this year

Kyle Williams- Caught first career TD against Dallas, nothing else

Nate Byham- Tore his ACL, IR.

Phillip Adams- Cut, signed by the Patriots

UDFA's

Will Tuakufu- Solid reserve DL, just placed on IR

Tramaine Brock- Solid reserve CB, hasn't made many plays but i don't think he got burned much either.

All in all- so far very overwhelming overall. Mays is already a waste of a top 50 pick, Davis is not far behind.

CC.SD
10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
We didn't get that many players from the 2010 draft relative to picks we had but you gotta like what we did with them.

1. Ryan Mathews breaking out by the day, on pace for 1000/1000 through 4 games.

3. Donald Butler making a huge impact as the ILB opposite Spikes

4. Darrell Stuckey at safety is leading our special teams which anyone will tell you was a big problem last year. He'll probably get some burn at SS with Sanders down now.

5. Cam Thomas filling in all over the defensive line. Not a starter but the Chargers rotate their 3 down lineman quite a bit.

hawkeye123
10-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Navarro Bowman has been better then Patrick Willis.

killxswitch
10-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Ugh. The final Bill Polian draft class. I hope.

Jerry Hughes - Has done nothing so far. He finally got a sack last night only to have it erased by a personal foul on Jamal Anderson after the play.

Pat Angerer - Looks like the future at MLB. I wish he was bigger but when he's allowed to play MLB and not 3rd safety or SLB he has looked good at times. Had a great game two Sundays ago vs. the Steelers but our scheme doesn't let him use his instincts.

Kevin Thomas - Hasn't played much, when he has he looks bad in coverage.

Jacques McClendon - cut during 2011 training camp

Brody Eldridge - Limited opportunities, often injured. Blocks well when he gets the chance and catches better than you'd expect.

Rico Mathews - On the PS, has played well in a few games and will probably get called up this week.

Ray Fisher - Cut before the 2010 season

Pretty horrible draft overall.

Rosebud
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
JPP, DE - Did phenomenal starting at RE while Osi was out. Kid still has much to learn but he's already becoming a monster, his length, flexibility, explosive strength and burst are a factor already. He was held in check playing LE for the injured Tuck and might end up coming off the bench when both Osi and Tuck are healthy. Still the kid is on his way to being one of the very best DEs in the NFL. Played in our rotation last year and made impact plays between the rookie mistakes.

Linval Joseph, DT - Redshirted last year Joseph is starting next to Canty this year and playing well. The massive Nose tackle has been a big part of our much improved DT rotation and redzone D. Another young DL who looks on his way to becoming an impact starter.

Chad Jones, S - :-( I'm glad he's walking and running again. I hope he can still make a career out of Baseball.

Phillip Dilliard, LB - Uh, another completely mediocre LB who's already been replaced on the roster by more promising youngsters like Williams and Jones.

Mitch Petrus, G - Preseason and training camp star Petrus has yet to start for us but I've never heard anything but glowing praise for the kid. With Beatty a first time starter and Baas being new to the team it makes sense that the team went with Diehl at LG to give them a stable presence to lean on. Next year I think Diehl will move to RT though and Petrus should get a chance to shine as the starting LG.

Adrian Tracy, DE/OLB - Has shown some promise, I think he's still around or on the PS. Kid could be useful player one day.

Matt Dodge, P - The Eagles love this kid, fortunately he's been replaced by Weatherford this year.

phlysac
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Tramaine Brock- Solid reserve CB, hasn't made many plays but i don't think he got burned much either.

Hasn't let a guy get behind him, and has 2 INTs. All I could hope for out of the #4 CB.

V.I.P
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Same old LeGarrette Blount

Mike Williams isn't the same

Gerald McCoy is a man

Cody Grimm lost his MCL

Arrelious Benn inconstant

cvv84
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Bryan Bulaga - Descent as a rookie, vastly improved this year and looks to be a long term starter.

Mike Neal - Talented but injuries have taken the majority of the NFL career so far.

Morgan Burnett - Raw but looks like a potential stud in the making. Much more physical this year, just needs to be more consistant and fundamentally sound.

Andrew Quarless - Buried on our depth chart. Showed some potential but little progress so far this season.

Marshall Newhouse - Really improved but is limited by is ability to only play tackle. More of a left tackle.

James Starks - Taking over as our #1 RB, runs with good power and keeps improving.

C.J. Wilson - Looked good last year but invisable this year. Depth player who needs to improve in order to have a future.

Sam Shields - Stepped in last year as an undrafted rookie free agent. Took a little step back this season but keeps showing promine. Potential starter in the near future.

Thecollegedropout
10-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Jets class....

CB Kyle Wilson- Looked lost year 1 but in year 2 when targeted by the opposition, he has come up with play after play. He's done a real good job as the nickel and has easily outperformed Antonio Cromartie. He took the advice and training with Revis this summer really good it seems.

OT/OG Vladimir Ducasse- He is so bad. He is awful in pass protection and was one of the guys to help end Greg McElroy's season and he sucks just as bad in creating holes too. He came in this Sunday and looked awful. Might be right behind Vernon Gholston as far as being Mike Tannebaum's worst draft pick.

RB/KR/CB Joe McKnight- I am not kidding he has practiced as a corner and actually got pressure vs the Ravens as a rusher.....he has done a great job. He had that big game week 17 last year vs Buffalo but the Bills Run D sucked at that point. He looks to be the full time kick returner and he is real quick. His kick return TD vs Baltimore is the longest yardage play in Jets history. His punt block vs Dallas saved the day and helped to win the game. Seems to be a real funky player with the positions he is playing. He intrigues me and I would like to see him get more snaps at RB.

FB John Conner- He's been alright. Hasn't stood out in his 1st full season as a FB after replacing Tony Richardson but he has had his moments. Jury is still out if he can be a full time FB in the league but I do have questions as to his blocking based upon the running game being so bad this season but who knows. He garnered alot of hype from last season as a big time hitter but he has yet to really put a licking on anyone this year in year 2.

This draft hasn't been a huge help thus far outside of McKnight. It goes to show you that you need to have more than 4 draft picks sometimes, especially when it comes to depth. The Ducasse pick has been atrocious which shocks me as I thought he would show more than what he has. The guy looks absolutely lost in any form of the game, which says alot as a lineman.

RaiderNation
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Oakland Raiders

1 Rolando McClain LB- Starter at ILB since day 1. He has improved a lot but still isn't a consistant player. Still very young though at just 22 years old

2 Lamarr Houston DL- Another day 1 starter at DE. Relentless player that has shown a good motor. Needs to get sacks though, usually is more of a pressure guy.

3 Jared Veldheer OT- He's been our best LT since Lincoln Kennedy back earlier in the decade. Excellent run blocker and efficent pass blocker.

4 Bruce Campbell OL- Was hurt for more of training camp this year and hasn't seen any starting time. Is projected to be our future RG/RT though.

5 Jacoby Ford WR- Big play WR and returner with outstanding speed. Isn't a consistant go to WR, but teams will always have to keep an eye on him.

5 Walter McFadden CB- Was cut right before this season. Looked decent last year but was beat all preseason long.

6 Travis Goethel LB- Looked to be a nice special teamer and back up LB, but just recently tore up his knee. Hopefully he can come back next year.

7 Jeremy Ware CB- Similarly to McFadden, he looked decent at times last year but was beaten a lot during the preseason. Cut right before the season

7 Stevie Brown FS- Looked like a nice player at times backing up Huff, but was recently cut. Was a good gunner on special teams as well.

Overall: 4 starters, potentially 5 if Bruce Campbell ever comes around. One of the better Raiders drafts in recent years.

Flyboy
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Patrick Robinson, CB - loads of potential and gets a lot of flack but only a 2nd year player and he is starting opposite of Jabari Greer on our defense. His play during this year's training camp has led to Tracy Porter being moved inside to play nickel. Gets picked on but is growing into the position, move was highly questioned when he was selected but he is coming around to justify his selection.

Charles Brown, OT - starting at RT due to a knee injury to Zach Strief. His preseason play this year was decent, but didn't blow you away.. many thought would be our franchise LT of the future but hasn't shown that yet. Came in against Houston and did fairly well matched up against their pass rush and Mario Williams and played decently in his first start against Jacksonville last Sunday. Learning on the job.

Jimmy Graham, TE - best pick of our draft class and possibility if you consider value and how he has played could arguably be on the best picks of the entire draft. His rookie play led to the release of Jeremy Shockey and has absolutely been tearing it up. It's early in the season but Graham is correctly 5th in the league for receiving yards - not just TEs, period. Explosive athlete and a mismatch for LBs or safeties; will only improve as he plays more and already making the case for one of the best young TEs in the league.

Al Woods, DT - meh, cut. Last I checked was on Pittsburgh's practice squad?

Matt Tennant, C - looked upon as our center of the future especially when Jonathan Goodwin left as a FA to San Francisco, but the signing of Olin Kreutz curtailed that a bit. Surprising that he has not been playing since Kreutz's injury but rather the job has gone to undrafted FA from last season Brian de la Puente. May not quite be ready to take over the reigns yet, but the potential is definitely there.

Sean Canfield, QB - is the equivalent of our practice squad *****.

wogitalia
10-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Vikings draft...

That should really say it all...

Chris Cook - Is awful.

Toby Gerhart - Had one good game but is a backup that we used a 2nd round pick to get when we have no WR, OL or secondary...

Everson Griffen - I like him but really hasn't done anything.

Chris DeGeare, Nate Triplett, Micky Shuler - Great drafting guys!

Joe Webb - Our Wildcat QB draft pick. Yay because teams without OL, WR and secondaries should be making luxury picks.

Ryan D'Imperio - LB that we converted to FB and I give you our 7th round pick, the only starter that we nailed in the whole draft.

There is a good reason that we are 0 for this season and it is several years of drafts like this...

Is there some unwritten rule that the NFC North must always have the worst run team in the league?

Splat
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM

I die a little each game he doesn't play...

bucfan12
10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Bucs draft:

1st: Gerald McCoy: Dude is a BEAST! People should realize that stat don't mean anything. He was playing this way last year, just didn't have anyone to step up along side him. Now he does and he's consistantly getting into the backfield.

2nd: Brian Price: Healthy and he's been disruptive. Price, McCoy, Clayborn, and the rotation of Bennett/Bowers at LE will be a disruptive bunch in the next few years.

2nd: Arrellious Benn: So many Bucs fans are down on him, but he came back from an ACL injury in 8 months. He's now 10 months removed from the surgery and last night he seemed to be confident in making cuts. I think as the season progresses, he'll feel like himself again and become the #2 threat he was drafted as.

3rd: Myron Lewis: He's been hampered by injuries and I'm still disapointed the Bucs passed on Verner, the CB the titans took for him. Seems to lack confidence now as he;s the 5th CB on the depth chart when he was drafted to replace Ronde.

4th: Mike Williams: He's seeing a ton of zone/double teams, so he's not having the impact he had as a rookie. Freeman likes to spread the ball around as well. There's no denying his ability, but until the rest of the WRs step up, he'll continue to see less targets. I think the lockout hurt the entire WR core, as they could have used OTAs and minicamps working with coaches, not just Freeman.

6th: Robert Malone: Gone

7th: Dekota Watson: I think he needs to start. Bucs overpaid for Quincy Black and Watson has been the 2nd best LB next to Mason Foster.

7th: Eric Lorig: Former DE switched to FB, really adjusted to the new position. The Bucs running game is better when he's lead blocking for Blount than when Graham is, and that's why he's seeing more time.

7th: Cody Grimm: Lost for the season again with an ACL Injury. Played very good last year, but this year, he wasn't as good before the injury. He was getting picked on constantly, which leads me to believe he's more suited for a special teams role.,

TitanHope
10-04-2011, 09:01 PM
For the Titans...

[1st Round - Derrick Morgan, DE, GaTech] - Tore his ACL last year, but had 2 sacks in 4 games. This year, he's the #3 DE but is heavily rotated and gets starter snap amounts. He's got 2 sacks in the 3 games he's been in (missed the opener vs J'Ville), which is tied for the team lead. Looks like a 10-sack a year DE, and I'm still stoked we got him.

[2nd Round - Traded for 2009 3rd RD pick (Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina)]

[3rd Round - Damian Williams, WR, USC] - Slot WR that's now starting in place of Kenny Britt. Caught his first TD against the Browns last week. Needs to work on his concentration, but has had his moments. Expect more out of him this year going forward.

[4th Round - Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA] - Nickelback, but actually plays outside when he comes in and Finnegan moves inside. Absolute homerun pick, and he had a spectacular rookie year. His awareness is off the charts, and he's an amazing zone corner. Had 101 tackles and 3 INT's last year, and has started off well with a great pick against Flacco in WK 2.

[5th Round - Robert Johnson, S, Utah] - Made the roster last year, but lost the training camp battle for the backups S spots after signing Jordan Babineaux and Anthony Smith in FA. He's currently on the PS.

[6th Round - Rusty Smith, QB, FAU] - 3rd QB. Crusty Rusty. Was forced to start last year, and it was a disaster. But, he had no business being put in that situation, and he's got good tangibles, so hopefully he can turn into a good backup for Locker.

[6th Round - Myron Rolle, S, FSU] - Placed on the PS his first season, and was cut this training camp. Currently a FA.

[7th Round - Marc Mariani, WR, Montana] - Made the Pro Bowl as a returner last year, and has been hampered a little by the new rules. 5th WR in the offense, but his return abilities made him a great pick.

[7th Round - David Howard, DT, Brown] - Placed on PS his first season, and is now on the Seattle Seahawks.

Very solid overall.

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm too interested in keeping my dinner down to think about the eagles' 2010 draft class.

ElectricEye
10-04-2011, 09:39 PM
This years edition;

1st Round (27th Overall) Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

Looked like he was on the fast track to becoming an elite cover corner last year, but has fallen off the face of the earth so far this season. The staff felt very good about his play last season as well, naming him as one of the team captains and changing to play more man coverage, like we did at the end of last year when he gained our trust. This hasn't worked out. He's gotten burned on multiple occasions and in different ways. We really need him to return to form. Some have speculated that he will eventually, but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.

2nd Round (42nd Overall) Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona

One of the best all around tight ends in the NFL already. Blocks like a tackle and is a matchup nightmare anywhere on the field. Easily one of the more promising tight ends in the NFL and is just getting better and better.

2nd Round (53rd Overall) Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, Florida

He's been a complete bust so far. Played well in spots last season, but lacked the athleticism to finish plays and was never a consistent factor in the pass rush or the run. Many people thought he would break out this year, but he drew extremely negative reviews in training camp and is now buried on the depth chart and hardly plays. With his lack of upside and inability to crack the lineup, this is looking more and more like a wash.

2nd Round (62nd Overall) Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

He's seen his role increase as the year has gone on, but I'm still not all that pleased with him. Does some nice against the run and can shed blockers and locate the runningback, but he's had some real breakdowns in coverage and some guys have run by him. Questioning his effectiveness with his lack of footspeed, personally.

3rd Round (90th Overall) Taylor Price, WR, Ohio

Promising pre-season...but hasn't been heard from since. Flashes speed, the ability to catch the ball with his hands, and a down the field game....but where the hell is he? We cut Brandon Tate because of his strong showing in training camp too.

4th Round (113th Overall) Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida

Steal. Doesn't block at all, but he's a nightmare to cover underneath and a monster after the catch. Makes for a great compliment to Gronk and is just a real nice weapon to have around. I would like to see him be more consistent with ball security and catching the ball, but he looks to be in the process of making steps towards fixing both of those issues. He's hurt right now and we miss him pretty badly. Changes the entire way we can operate our offense.

5th Round (150th Overall) Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

He has a really cool twitter picture, can kick the ball about a mile, and doesn't **** up often. Not much more you can ask for out of a punter. If you want to get technical, he's the holder on special teams and does a very good job there and puts the ball within the twenty yard line with good regularity.

7th Round (247th Overall) Brandon Deaderick, DL, Alabama

In the doghouse/all you can eat buffet with Ron Brace. Likely to be cut at some point down the line after he comes off the PUP list. Good run defender, but is a non-factor against the pass and reportedly has significant attitude issues.

We really need one of these defensive players to pan out in addition to McCourty fining his game again. This class looked a ton better last year than it does right now, but the offensive players have been great and should be core contributors for a long time.

tjsunstein
10-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Ryan D'Imperio - LB that we converted to FB and I give you our 7th round pick, the only starter that we nailed in the whole draft.

He killed us in high school when he played RB for Washington Twp. Crazy how he's on an NFL roster now.

DiG
10-05-2011, 09:01 AM
trent williams is playing phenomenal. that is all for the skins.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Our first 2 picks are really going well.

JPP is in beast mode in his second season with NO OTAs and no mini camp.

L. Joseph is anchoring the middle with Canty and doing well this season too.

Rosebud
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Our first 2 picks are really going well.

JPP is in beast mode in his second season with NO OTAs and no mini camp.

L. Joseph is anchoring the middle with Canty and doing well this season too.

And Mitch Petrus seems to be a stud in the making to. Sucks so hard that Chad Jones got into that accident. With 2 high caliber starters, one of them elite, another on his way, Petrus, all this drafted needed to be epic was one more home run, Chad could've been that guy behind Kenny and Rolle if things hadn't worked out the way they did.

So all in all 1 star, 1 really good starter (potentially 2) and Tracy, who could be another rotation player. Not a bad draft at all.

yo123
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Vikings draft...

That should really say it all...

Chris Cook - Is awful.

Toby Gerhart - Had one good game but is a backup that we used a 2nd round pick to get when we have no WR, OL or secondary...

Everson Griffen - I like him but really hasn't done anything.

Chris DeGeare, Nate Triplett, Micky Shuler - Great drafting guys!

Joe Webb - Our Wildcat QB draft pick. Yay because teams without OL, WR and secondaries should be making luxury picks.

There is a good reason that we are 0 for this season and it is several years of drafts like this...

Is there some unwritten rule that the NFC North must always have the worst run team in the league?

Chris Cook has been better this year, give credit where credit is due. He's at least flashed some things.

scottyboy
10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
yay Ryan D'Imperio!
Yay Giants draft!

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
yay Ryan D'Imperio!
Yay Giants draft!

Just got called up from the Practice Squad. Hope he does well for that crappy team.

yo123
10-06-2011, 12:48 AM
D'Imperio is terrible, I don't even know why we wasted a PS spot on him.

Ness
10-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Navarro Bowman has been better then Patrick Willis.

This. Bowman just came out of nowhere and started beating up on folks. Monster.

wogitalia
10-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Terrible puts you in the better half of our squad though...

Caulibflower
10-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Seahawks:

#6 Russell Okung, LT: immediate starter who's been dinged up frequently. The offensive line is more effective when he's on the field. It's noticeable. I wouldn't say he's playing at a Pro Bowl level yet, though; he's an athletic young left tackle who looks like he's going to be a solid player.

#14 Earl Thomas, FS: also started immediately. 76 tackles, 7 PBU, 5 INT, FF as a rookie. Is making more tackles but less plays on the ball this year, which I would consider a bit of a regression. No picks, and has only recorded one batted ball. He's getting tackles because opponents are getting into the secondary, which isn't a good thing. I'd rather he be ballhawking.

#60 Golden Tate, WR: was excited to get him here after hearing a lot of first-round hype. Didn't have a huge rookie season, but was involved in the offense and returned some kicks. ...Isn't doing jack **** this year.

#111 Walter Thurmond, CB: guy who dropped down draft boards because of a knee injury. Not a starter, but he gets significant playing time.

#127 EJ Wilson, DE: cut last year.

#133 Kam Chancellor, SCARY: He plays headhunter in our defense, and recorded Todd Heap's scalp earlier this year. Didn't play last week, but is averaging 8 tackles a game and has 2 pass breakups, a pick and a forced fumble in three games. Looking like he could be a pretty good player.

#185 Anthony McCoy, TE: backup tight end.

#236 Dexter Davis, DE: saw a little bit of action in the pass-rush rotation last year, but I think he might be on injured reserve right now.

#245 Jameson Konz, FB: drafted an athlete, still hasn't really developed into a position. They were playing him at DE this preseason, but I think he might've been cut. He had injury problems last year....just looked and they signed him back to the active roster yesterday. So they still see dome developmental potential.

So Okung and Thomas I think were solid picks, Tate was a good value but hasn't been very impressive, Walter Thurmond may be starting in the next year or two, Kam Chancellor is a major part of our defense this year. Those are the notables, the rest are pretty standard roster-filler. If that.

scottyboy
10-06-2011, 07:46 AM

I will murder you

ImBrotherCain
10-06-2011, 07:56 AM

I look at this draft class think Holy ****... Really? If everyone progresses as they should this could be one of the best drafts I have seen.

bucfan12
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I look at this draft class think Holy ****... Really? If everyone progresses as they should this could be one of the best drafts I have seen.

Yeah, we're starting to see why McCoy was drafted #3 overall and Price is healthy, along with his help at DEs.

I think it's taking time for Arrellios Benn. He was really coming along and being that #2 threat the Bucs drafted towards the end of last year, then he tore his ACL. I think he's still dealing with that injury when it comes to making cuts and planting the foot.

I think we'll know more about this class next year.

keylime_5
10-06-2011, 10:07 AM

really? 2 of those guys weren't their draft picks, they were cut by other teams and signed as rookies. the rest are one total stud (Williams) and one guy who has total stud potential but isn't one yet (McCoy). Blount is good. Best draft classes ever???? ehh....I don't think it's as good as New England's even (McCourty, Gronkowski, Spikes, Hernandez) and is comparable to Cleveland's (Haden, Ward, Hardesty, McCoy).

bucfan12
10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
really? 2 of those guys weren't their draft picks, they were cut by other teams and signed as rookies. the rest are one total stud (Williams) and one guy who has total stud potential but isn't one yet (McCoy). Blount is good. Best draft classes ever???? ehh....I don't think it's as good as New England's even (McCourty, Gronkowski, Spikes, Hernandez) and is comparable to Cleveland's (Haden, Ward, Hardesty, McCoy).

Obviously you have been blind in watching the way McCoy and Price have been playing this year. McCoy is constantly in the backfield. His play started improving in the 2nd half of last season and he's gotten a ton better. Price was injured last year and he's been very good as well.

BufFan71
10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Buffalo

1. CJ Spiller
Though hes looked better this season, for some reason the coaching staff just refuses to put him in the game, and give him touches. He was nonexistant last year. Averaging 7ypc on limited touches. He needs the ball more

2. Torrell Troup
Broke his hand in Preseason, and now has back issues. When hes on the field, he looks good, he just hasnt been able to stay on the field.

3. Alex Carrington
Another player that the bills need to throw on the field. Instead of keeping Dwan Edwards out on the field, they need to let Carrington develope. Hes too big, strong, fast, and talented to let him sit.

4. Marcus Easly
Went on IR last year with a torn ACL.
On IR this year with a heart ailment.
Everyone was hoping on Easly stepping in and being the #2 Wr this season.

5. Ed wang
backup last year. Got cut

6a. Arthur Moats
hes the guy who ended Favre's streak of consecutive games.
Had like 3 sacks in a limited role as an OLB last year. The coaching staff has decided to move him to IL, because apparently at 6'1 hes "too short"
He needs to go back outside because hes a true pass rusher

6b.Danny Batten
Looked good in the preseason. But hasnt done anything yet.

Levi Brown
Kyle Calloway

im pretty sure both were cut

Pat Sims 90
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
1. TE Jermaine Gresham- Has been quietly having a solid season.

2. DE Carlos Dunlap- Has not been putting up the sacks but has been getting a lot of pressure on QBs. 1 of the main reason the Bengals Defense is so good this year.

3a. WR Jordan Shipley- Ended Season on IR.

3b. CB Brandon Ghee- On the Practice Squad

4a. DT Geno Atkins- Having another Solid season. Another Reason why the Bengals Defense is so good.

4b. LB Roddrick Muckelroy- Ended Seaons on IR

5. OG Otis Hudson- Backup Guard

6. WR Dezmon Briscoe- Cut

7. C Reggie Stephens- Cut

keylime_5
10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Obviously you have been blind in watching the way McCoy and Price have been playing this year. McCoy is constantly in the backfield. His play started improving in the 2nd half of last season and he's gotten a ton better. Price was injured last year and he's been very good as well.

i'll take your word for it - and i'm not saying that wasn't probably the best draft class of 2010 so far, but calling it possibly one of the best ever, really?

bucfan12
10-06-2011, 05:03 PM
i'll take your word for it - and i'm not saying that wasn't probably the best draft class of 2010 so far, but calling it possibly one of the best ever, really?

Definately not saying the best ever, but it has the makings to be great.

SuperMcGee
10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Buffalo

1. CJ Spiller
Though hes looked better this season, for some reason the coaching staff just refuses to put him in the game, and give him touches. He was nonexistant last year. Averaging 7ypc on limited touches. He needs the ball more

2. Torrell Troup
Broke his hand in Preseason, and now has back issues. When hes on the field, he looks good, he just hasnt been able to stay on the field.

3. Alex Carrington
Another player that the bills need to throw on the field. Instead of keeping Dwan Edwards out on the field, they need to let Carrington develope. Hes too big, strong, fast, and talented to let him sit.

4. Marcus Easly
Went on IR last year with a torn ACL.
On IR this year with a heart ailment.
Everyone was hoping on Easly stepping in and being the #2 Wr this season.

5. Ed wang
backup last year. Got cut

6a. Arthur Moats
hes the guy who ended Favre's streak of consecutive games.
Had like 3 sacks in a limited role as an OLB last year. The coaching staff has decided to move him to IL, because apparently at 6'1 hes "too short"
He needs to go back outside because hes a true pass rusher

6b.Danny Batten
Looked good in the preseason. But hasnt done anything yet.

Levi Brown
Kyle Calloway

im pretty sure both were cut

When exactly would you give Spiller those touches? The only time for him to be in over Jackson is when Jackson is tired.

Carrington is not all there yet. I like his potential but he gets blocked off of plays pretty easily and has both Edwards and the always underrated Spencer Johnson in front of him.

Moats was recently moved back outside. I expected this since Morrison was signed and Eddins went to IR. We just don't see him or Batten out there much due to our frequent use of nickel packages, limited blitzing, and Bryan Scott's versatile presence. I think Batten could be good in time, he has been fantastic on kick coverage.

BufFan71
10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
When exactly would you give Spiller those touches? The only time for him to be in over Jackson is when Jackson is tired.

Carrington is not all there yet. I like his potential but he gets blocked off of plays pretty easily and has both Edwards and the always underrated Spencer Johnson in front of him.

Moats was recently moved back outside. I expected this since Morrison was signed and Eddins went to IR. We just don't see him or Batten out there much due to our frequent use of nickel packages, limited blitzing, and Bryan Scott's versatile presence. I think Batten could be good in time, he has been fantastic on kick coverage.

check buffalobills.com
they moved Moats back inside today

SuperMcGee
10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
check buffalobills.com
they moved Moats back inside today

And now Kelsay is out, so he's back outside :P
I think it's pretty pointless to keep track of it, at this point. He'll go where we need him to.

Batten should get the start in Kelsay's absence, though.