PDA

View Full Version : First round flops

Buccaneer Genius
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
In your opinion, who is the worst first round pick the Bucs ever selected...Bo doesn't count because he was a good player. My vote....

Charles McRae...1991:eek:

Canadian_kid16
03-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Ricky Bell or w/e, sure, no one can predict rare heart deseases...but he still was a flop (no pun intended)

-black
03-24-2007, 09:56 PM
one that clearly sticks out in my head is Kenyatta Walker....especially since every1 felt he was a steal and was cant miss....we did get a SB out of him starting tho so maybe not the worse

Caddy
03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Ricky Bell or w/e, sure, no one can predict rare heart deseases...but he still was a flop (no pun intended)

That isn't really a pun ;)

Caddy
03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
How about Bo Jackson or Keith McCants

YoJoeBucsFan
03-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Kenyatta Walker, Charles McRae.

Beans
03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Steve Young and Bo Jackson... They turned out well for us.

bofadabizzles
03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
The list is long and undistinguished, i'll take Eric Curry. Why bring this bad mojo upon ourselves so close to the draft? Why not debate the best Bucs first round draft pick? Brooks, Sapp, Dunn, Caddy, Clayton as a rookie, I'd rather debate that. Just a thought.

etk
03-25-2007, 07:23 PM
The list is long and undistinguished, i'll take Eric Curry. Why bring this bad mojo upon ourselves so close to the draft? Why not debate the best Bucs first round draft pick? Brooks, Sapp, Dunn, Caddy, Clayton as a rookie, I'd rather debate that. Just a thought.

Brooks gets my vote, with Lee Roy Selmon 2nd.

Chucky
03-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Lee ROy Selmon is a HOF, but id still have to got with brooks, because he brought a championship to Tampa, and he will be a HOF someday IMO

Caddy
03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Lee ROy Selmon is a HOF, but id still have to got with brooks, because he brought a championship to Tampa, and he will be a HOF someday IMO

Brooks should definitely be a hall of famer. Easily one of the best Cover 2 LB ever

bofadabizzles
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Selmon has been great for the Tampa Bay community since his playing days. I don't know if any of you guys live in or are from Tampa(I know the Bucs are represnted worldwide on this site), but Selmon was instrumental in bringing college football to Tampa at USF. Even if the team had been established without him, it wouldn't have progressed as far as it has in such a short period of time. This is in addition to all the community work he does here, that being said, if Derrick Brooks stays in Tampa after his playing days are done I see him being the same type of community figure.

etk
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Brooks should definitely be a hall of famer. Easily one of the best Cover 2 LB ever

He was a revolutionary LB, and he absolutely personifies a Hall of Famer both on and off the field. He and Ray Lewis really started the trend of teams drafting smaller linebackers with speed and sideline playmaking ability, but Brooks came first :D

Enough can't be said about him, he always has been and always will be my favourite player.

Bradentonian
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Bo Jackson and it's not even close.