PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas RB Knile Davis Hurt

Don Vito
08-12-2011, 07:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6855334/davis-leaves-practice-apparent-leg-injury

Taken off the field on a cart with a leg injury. The injury hasn't been made official yet, but word is he broke his ankle and could be out for the season. Not good for a potential first round pick RB.

Cigaro
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Well its official. Ankle injury, expected to miss entire season. ****** thing to happen.

ElectricEye
08-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, that sucks big time for both Davis and Arkansas. Hopefully he'll return to Arkansas to play another year. I could easily see him being lost in the shuffle without any recent tape.

Cigaro
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
This could affect his stock heavily. According to an Arkansas fan I know, apparently this is the third time he's broken that ankle, first his senior year of HS, then his first year on campus which forced a redshirt.

CashmoneyDrew
08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Put YAY on suicide watch.

JoeJoeBrown
08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow, that is terrible for him. He seems like a good kid as well. What a shame.

Football is a rotten game sometimes. He has the talent and seems to have the drive, to be a great NFL player. Hopefully he can recover soon.

WRT Arkansas, I think they have signed around 30 RBs the past two seasons, so they should be able to find a capable replacement before roster cuts... excuse me I mean injuries, or academic issues, or undisclosed team violations.

ChiFan24
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Sucks. I really liked him.

J-Mike88
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Well its official. Ankle injury, expected to miss entire season. ****** thing to happen.

This could affect his stock heavily. According to an Arkansas fan I know, apparently this is the third time he's broken that ankle, first his senior year of HS, then his first year on campus which forced a redshirt.
It sure will.... remember Michael Bush?
That guy was a fool for not turning pro when he was a lock to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round, then got his lag snapped like a wishbone.

Davis will suffer a similar fate, or worse.
Sucks big time.... I hate injuries, except to key guys on teams I bet big $ against.

Halsey
08-12-2011, 05:28 PM
RB injuries aren't always as bad as they may seem at first. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Razorbacks get good production from whoever replaces Davis as the starter.

Matthew Jones
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Guess it looks like he'll be coming back to school next season, it would be a huge mistake to declare anyways.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-20-2011, 10:46 AM
So does Broderick Green become the #1 for Arkansas or does freshman Kody Walker get a shot?

YAYareaRB
08-20-2011, 02:31 PM
So does Broderick Green become the #1 for Arkansas or does freshman Kody Walker get a shot?

I dont think theres a team in the nation that could afford a starting RB injury MORE than the razorbacks. sounds weird i know.

remember, Knile Davis wasn't the starter coming into the 2010 season. it was Dennis Johnson until he got hurt early in the season. now, i must admit, although dennis has the ability to ball, hes not Knile Davis. thats where Broderick Green and Ronnie Wingo come in. Broderick offers a inside running force but has deceptive quickness. althought he is big, hes not the pounder that Knile was and in my opinion, junior Ronnie Wingo looked better than Green in the his limited action.

i dont want to make it seem like i think they'll be fine without Knile but i think they'll still produce with the RB corps they had behind him.